PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Free Agency Predictions

Tg11
05-13-2019, 12:35 PM
- Kevin Durant will end up with the New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets. Why? KD's business interests are in New York but also New York has the cap space. Brooklyn does too and Brooklyn is also in New York so why wouldn't Durant go there. Plan is to pair up with Kyrie but there is also a chance KD stays in Golden State and Klay Thompson ends up leaving Golden State.

- Klay Thompson if KD stays, Play is definitely gone. Klay basically made it clear he wants to get paid max dollars and KD wants a max contract too. You can't keep both unless you want to go over the luxury tax/salary cap of the NBA. Klay isn't gonna take a pay cut and neither will KD. Something has gotta give. If Klay ends up leaving, possible destinations for Klay Thompson include: Los Angeles Lakers to pair up with LeBron, Los Angeles Clippers where Klay would finally be the #1 option, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets or there is the Miami Heat. Another rumbling I heard could be Klay to the Celtics especially if Kyrie leaves.

- Kyrie Irving is definitely gone and this is me a Boston fan saying this. When Kyrie leaves, possible destinations include: New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers, or believe it or not the Lakers to reunite with LeBron.

- Kemba Walker...Most likely to stay in Charlotte but if Kemba leaves, teams he could go to: Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, New York Knicks or San Antonio Spurs

- Kawhi Leonard he will for sure leave Toronto especially if they get eliminated in the ECF. If they make it to the Finals he might just stay or if the Raptors win it all, he will for sure stay. However, I say Kawhi is gone and as for where he goes? No doubt to the Clippers.

- Jimmy Butler may stay in Philly but I doubt it. I say Butler leaves but as for where he goes? He either goes to the Heat, Knicks, Nets or Celtics.

- Tobias Harris I say stays in Philly

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Everyone will go to Miami, if not then theyíll go to the Lakers.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 12:40 PM
KD- Knicks or Nets
Kyrie- Lakers, Nets or Knicks
Kemba- Stays
Kawhi- Lakers
Jimmy- Philly (I think they trade Simmons) for AD

Tg11
05-13-2019, 01:11 PM
KD for sure will leave the Warriors and he will end up in New York one way or the other either playing for the Knicks or Nets that's a given. Kyrie is for sure leaving the Celtics this summer and Kyrie even wants to be in New York. I see it happening. Klay will probably end up staying with the Warriors and Kemba will stay with the Hornets especially if he is given a super max deal. He would have to be stupid to turn it down.

Kawhi even said as much that he doesn't want to play with LeBron. So for that reason alone, I can't see him going to the Lakers. Clippers oh most definitely because they have a better situation than the Lakers do. Clippers have a better FO and Lakers are the dysfunction of the league with Buss and Rambises running the show. Utter definition of dysfunction. So why would Kawhi go there? At least Jerry West and company know what they are doing. Plus the young guys are still there. No way Kawhi goes there now. At least in LAC, he has a better roster to work with
or one that is better built around him and Kawhi would be the #1 option.

Jimmy Butler if he stays in Philly, almost a guarantee Ben Simmons ends up leaving the Sixers that I can agree with you on. However, I see the Butler experiment ending in Philly as soon as it started. Butler I see on the Miami Heat or New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 01:17 PM
please post the link when Kawhi said that. thanks. Because all you will find are "reports" nothing in stone.

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2019, 02:07 PM
I said it a while ago and Iím double downing on it. Kyrie will be a Laker.

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 02:08 PM

This is already a done deal as I stated the other day.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 02:08 PM

:speechless: I can see it happen

Tg11
05-13-2019, 02:17 PM
If Kyrie goes to the Lakers you can't have Lonzo and Kyrie on the same team. You would have to get rid of Lonzo along with your other pieces just to clear cap to get Kyrie. Lonzo definitely won't come off the bench LaVar will make sure of that. Plus you would have to get rid of Ingram or Kuzma and or other pieces to ensure Kyrie becomes a Laker.

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2019, 02:20 PM
You think getting rid of young players is hard for the Lakers? They gave D-Lo away lol.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 02:28 PM
If Kyrie goes to the Lakers you can't have Lonzo and Kyrie on the same team. You would have to get rid of Lonzo along with your other pieces just to clear cap to get Kyrie. Lonzo definitely won't come off the bench LaVar will make sure of that. Plus you would have to get rid of Ingram or Kuzma and or other pieces to ensure Kyrie becomes a Laker.

you really don't know much about Lakers basketball huh? we have 38m in cap space and no, you don't have to move ZO.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 02:29 PM
You think getting rid of young players is hard for the Lakers? They gave D-Lo away lol.

I guess but it cleared cap space for Lebron James and we got Kyle Kuzma in that trade.

Tg11
05-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Kawhi I really really hope he stays in Toronto but if he doesn't and he bolts, then I can see the Raptors making a splash in free agency as a way to fill the void left by Kawhi by them either going after KD or Klay to replace Kawhi.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Kawhi I really really hope he stays in Toronto but if he doesn't and he bolts, then I can see the Raptors making a splash in free agency as a way to fill the void left by Kawhi by them either going after KD or Klay to replace Kawhi.

noone wants to go to Toronto man.... let's be real, big time FA aren't lining up to play for the Raptors... but someone will take that Raptors money, a 2nd tier star..

Scoots
05-13-2019, 02:57 PM
KD is not "for sure" for anything yet.

I think LA's best bet is Kyrie or Kemba.

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 03:03 PM
https://youtu.be/r3-me5RvOOw

Headache 21
05-13-2019, 04:34 PM
KD & Klay stay
Kyrie Knicks or Nets
Butler & Boogie Lakers
Kawhi Clippers
Tobias Harris Brooklyn
Kemba Dallas

GREATNESS ONE
05-13-2019, 04:38 PM
When Kawhi comes to the Lakers PSD is going to break lol

Oakmont_4
05-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Kyrie runs home to his daddy in LA.

KD goes to the Knicks and they ship #1 to NO for AD. Sign Rozier

Klay stays in GS

Tobias Harris stays in PHI

Butler jumps over to BRK

Kawhi stays in Toronto

Boogie goes to LAC

McAllen Tx
05-13-2019, 09:29 PM
WTH? I see some posters putting 2 or 3 teams for each player. One team for each player guys

KD - NY
Kawhi - Clippers
Kyrie - NY
Klay - GS
Butler - Clippers
Kemba - Hornets
Harris - Utah
Randle - Brooklyn
Boogie - Lakers

tucksoe
05-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Kawhi to the Warriors to replace KD

Tg11
05-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Butler to the Clippers if he goes there plus Kawhi going there with him then the Clippers could be a darkhorse in the West next season

Headache 21
05-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Clippers ain't a dark anything if they sign Kawhi

D-Leethal
05-14-2019, 04:43 PM
KD - Knicks
Kawhi - Clippers
Kyrie - Knicks
Butler - Lakers
Kemba - CHA
Tobias - Philly
Klay - GSW

Tg11
05-14-2019, 05:22 PM
KD - Knicks
Kawhi - Clippers
Kyrie - Knicks
Butler - Lakers
Kemba - CHA
Tobias - Philly
Klay - GSW

If Kawhi stays in Toronto it wouldn't surprise me especially if Toronto wins it all somehow then and only then would Kawhi stay

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 07:09 PM
If Kawhi stays in Toronto it wouldn't surprise me especially if Toronto wins it all somehow then and only then would Kawhi stay

I think a Finals birth can even convince him to stay tbh..

KobeOwnSU
05-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Kawhi is going to the Lakers. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
05-15-2019, 12:17 AM

There has been pretty consistent talk that he's not going to the Lakers since LeBron went there. Clippers in the LA driving seat supposedly.

Dade County
05-15-2019, 01:50 AM

this

lakers squad
05-15-2019, 03:52 AM

I think you might be right, it is starting to have that feel!

Heediot
05-15-2019, 07:30 AM
I'm willing to bet my psd career that Kawhi stays in Toronto over going to LA (either team), who wants to put their confidence where their mouth is?

Tg11
05-15-2019, 08:53 AM
I'm willing to bet my psd career that Kawhi stays in Toronto over going to LA (either team), who wants to put their confidence where their mouth is?

I will because Kawhi is leaving

Heediot
05-15-2019, 09:09 AM
I will because Kawhi is leaving

Aight me and you brotha! Wish it hadn't been you, but I have to stick to my word. Remember loser leaves the board. Im in, deal?

IKnowHoops
05-15-2019, 05:30 PM
Aight me and you brotha! Wish it hadn't been you, but I have to stick to my word. Remember loser leaves the board. Im in, deal?

Do a 1st half of next season ban. No reason for anyone to leave forever

Tg11
05-15-2019, 07:32 PM
Klay stays; KD leaves

Heediot
05-15-2019, 09:16 PM
Do a 1st half of next season ban. No reason for anyone to leave forever

Reasonable.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 10:35 PM
Why was Stacey45 banned?

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 11:14 PM
Why was Stacey45 banned?

Lol? Because the spam ad they put in every thread?

ohreally
05-18-2019, 01:03 AM
Durant or Kawhi to Brooklyn.
If Durant, Kawhi to Clippers.
Butler and Kyrie to Knicks.
Klay stays
Harris stays
Kemba stays

PAOboston
05-18-2019, 08:36 AM
Kyrie re-signs with Cs
Kemba/Durant to Knicks
Leonard re-signs with Toronto
Klay re-signs with GS
Butler/Harris re-sign with Philly
Middleton re-signs with Bucks

I know, boring but I think there is a lot of noise about movement but ultimately only a few of the names really switch/move. I think thereís a lot to lose for both players and teams if they donít stay where they are. I think there will be more movement for the mid tier FAs like Bogdnonovic/Lopez etc who has great seasons and might get good deals after a lot of teams strike out after big game hunting.

The trade market could be interesting though with the likes of AD and (maybe?) Lebron?

prodigy
05-18-2019, 09:17 AM
I don't believe anyone wants to play for the Lakers or with Lebron. The front office is a joke and you cant count on them. Lebron likes to much control and his agent is a piece of sh**. Lebrons style of play just doesn't fit with a lot of guys. Bosh had to completely change his game. Wade and Bron are best friends so they made it work but had struggles at times. as a cavs fan i know how rocky lebron and kyrie were. Love was not even close to timberwolves love. Its not a easy transition for star players. Better believe they all know that. Plus star players are divas, they don't like lebron gets all the attention.

I'm sure greatest one will disagree with me. But everything i said is true. Lakers best bet is to trade.

Cal827
05-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Yeah, don't do a full ban Heediot/TG... you guys are good posters in the forum :laugh2:

Mr.B
05-18-2019, 12:17 PM
- Kevin Durant will end up with the New York Knicks or Brooklyn Nets. Why? KD's business interests are in New York but also New York has the cap space. Brooklyn does too and Brooklyn is also in New York so why wouldn't Durant go there. Plan is to pair up with Kyrie but there is also a chance KD stays in Golden State and Klay Thompson ends up leaving Golden State.

- Klay Thompson if KD stays, Play is definitely gone. Klay basically made it clear he wants to get paid max dollars and KD wants a max contract too. You can't keep both unless you want to go over the luxury tax/salary cap of the NBA. Klay isn't gonna take a pay cut and neither will KD. Something has gotta give. If Klay ends up leaving, possible destinations for Klay Thompson include: Los Angeles Lakers to pair up with LeBron, Los Angeles Clippers where Klay would finally be the #1 option, New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets or there is the Miami Heat. Another rumbling I heard could be Klay to the Celtics especially if Kyrie leaves.

- Kyrie Irving is definitely gone and this is me a Boston fan saying this. When Kyrie leaves, possible destinations include: New York Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers, or believe it or not the Lakers to reunite with LeBron.

- Kemba Walker...Most likely to stay in Charlotte but if Kemba leaves, teams he could go to: Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, New York Knicks or San Antonio Spurs

- Kawhi Leonard he will for sure leave Toronto especially if they get eliminated in the ECF. If they make it to the Finals he might just stay or if the Raptors win it all, he will for sure stay. However, I say Kawhi is gone and as for where he goes? No doubt to the Clippers.

- Jimmy Butler may stay in Philly but I doubt it. I say Butler leaves but as for where he goes? He either goes to the Heat, Knicks, Nets or Celtics.

- Tobias Harris I say stays in Philly

- Iíve been saying for a while that I think KD ends up going to the Nets. They have a much better team than the Knicks right now and a legit young star in DLo. They also appear to have a better culture in place than the Knicks do.

- Klay I think stays in GS. It makes no sense for him to leave. Theyíre reminding the world that they donít NEED Durant to win. Heíll win another ring with the Warriors and then they will pay him big. Heíll get to retire while playing his whole career with 1 team. Thatís very rare these days.

- I think Kyrie ends up with the Lakers. When he forced his way out of Cleveland it was because he wanted his own team and was tired of playing in Labronís shadow. Now he realizes that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Plus Labron actually needs him right now. I think they will come together again for 1 last hoorah (after also trading for AD).

- Kemba is a little more difficult to figure out. Does he want the super max money or does he want to win? Walking away from that much money will be a really hard decision to make. If he does leave though I there will be a number of teams courting him. I know Dallas has an interest in him because of his ability to score and play off the ball. Does he want to join a young nucleus of Luka and KP though? Because of his age, probably not. I could see him going to Boston to replace Kyrie, or going to the Lakers instead of Kyrie. I could see him joining up with Kawhi and going to the Clippers or going to San Antonio to play for an elite coach in a proven system. Kemba really is a wild card.

- As I just said about Kawhi, I think heís destined for the Clipper. Heís L.A. through and through. Thereís no secret he wants to play in his hometown. The Clippers can pay him and put a good team around him, and he wonít have to live in Labronís shadow like he would playing for the Lakers. The Clippers would without a doubt be HIS team.

- Jimmy Butler is another wild card. Not for the same reasons as Kemba though. He needs a strong willed coach and strong willed teammates. Personally Iíd love to see him go to N.O. and convince AD to stay. I think a core of AD, Butler, Zion, and Holiday would make for a very good offensive and defensive team. They would be an extremely tough and gritty team. Thatís not likely to happen though. So Iíd like to see Butler go to the Spurs with Kemba. I donít. Now what their cap situation looks like but Pop is exactly the kind of coach that Butler needs.

- Tobias Harris I think ends up with the Knicks. They will miss out on KD, Kyrie, and every other elite FA and will end up maxing out Tobias Harris and Boogie Cousins.

CELTICS4LYFE
05-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Kyrie resigns with Boston(Trade for AD)
Knicks sign Harris and Kemba
Lakers sign Khawi(Trade for Beal)
Brooklyn resigns Russel and signs Butler
Warriors resign Klay and KD
Everyone back to Bucks

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Kyrie resigns with Boston(Trade for AD)
Knicks sign Harris and Kemba
Lakers sign Khawi(Trade for Beal)
Brooklyn resigns Russel and signs Butler
Warriors resign Klay and KD
Everyone back to Bucks

:nod:

prodigy
05-18-2019, 01:29 PM
I think Kyrie ends up with the Lakers. When he forced his way out of Cleveland it was because he wanted his own team and was tired of playing in Labronís shadow. Now he realizes that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Plus Labron actually needs him right now. I think they will come together again for 1 last hoorah (after also trading for AD). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way in the world Irving plays with Lebron again. Won't happen. I do believe Irving understands hes not the batman now. But he will gladly team up with someone else. Not lebron. That would be to embarrassing for him.

lakers could maybe get Kemba. But i just can't see anyone really gonig there.

KD- knicks or nets
Irving- Knicks or Boston
Khawi- Clippers or raptors
Klay- Warriors

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 02:15 PM
No way in the world Irving plays with Lebron again. Won't happen. I do believe Irving understands hes not the batman now. But he will gladly team up with someone else. Not lebron. That would be to embarrassing for him.

lakers could maybe get Kemba. But i just can't see anyone really gonig there.

KD- knicks or nets
Irving- Knicks or Boston
Khawi- Clippers or raptors
Klay- Warriors

lol don't let hate cloud your vision.... Why would Kawhi sign with the Clippers if he can't win with the Raptors? he knows he needs help to win a title, if that's his goal and he wants to build his legacy being 1A to Lebron 1B is the path that leads him there...I get it though, everyone hates us :nod:

Tg11
05-18-2019, 02:42 PM
After Draft Lottery, how I see free agency shaping up now:

- KD leaves the Warriors and instead of the Knicks he goes to Brooklyn to the Nets. Why the Nets? Better situation for KD to be in and even though it is a young team they have emerging stars in D'Lo a proven All Star and also Caris LeVert was putting up All Star numbers before he had that gruesome injury. However, Nets front office is not only way better but also they have the cap space to land KD in Brooklyn. Plus KD goes to the East and with him in the East especially in a Nets jersey, Brooklyn would go from darkhorse to one of the favorites in the East next season just by KD going there.

- Kyrie I think he leaves Boston and he teams up with KD in Brooklyn. Kyrie doesn't go to the New York Knicks and why? Because of what happened in the lottery but more or less because of their front office situation too. Plus whatever KD does, Kyrie will do too because they more or less are trying to team up with one another and that can't happen unless they either end up going to New York or Brooklyn or Kyrie decides to stay in Boston and KD leaves Golden State to join up with Boston.

- Kawhi oh yes he is most definitely gone from Toronto and why? I mean it looks like Toronto is going out in the Conference Finals and that won't be enough to convince Kawhi to stay here. Plus Kawhi's heart was never really in it here in Toronto any way since he didn't even want to play here but got used to it but more or less for the Raptors it was either Finals or Bust for Kawhi and it doesn't look like the Raptors are making the finals. So if Kawhi leaves, how do you fill that void left by Kawhi? Either way Kawhi is leaving and as far as where he goes...I still say he goes to the Clippers.

- Klay Thompson stays with the Warriors especially if KD leaves. Klay has won 3 rings already with Golden State and not to mention he even said he wants to retire a Warrior so why would he leave unless the Warriors decide to keep Durant and Klay even said he is not taking a pay cut. He wants max dollars, he wants a max contract and that can't happen if KD stays. Plus the Warriors have won a title before KD even got there. So on the off chance Klay does leave which is slim to none then the only teams I could see Klay going to if he were to leave the Warriors would be: Clippers, Lakers, Spurs, or Celtics. But my best bet...KLAY STAYS IN GS

- Jimmy Butler...he could very well re-sign with the Sixers but my best bet is that Jimmy leaves and as for where he goes...my possible destinations now for Jimmy Butler are: New York Knicks, Boston Celtics especially if Kyrie leaves, Nets or Butler goes to the Clippers. My prediction: Jimmy Butler to the Los Angeles Clippers.

- Tobias Harris...with him he will most likely stay in Philadelphia. My prediction...RESIGNS WITH SIXERS

- Kemba Walker as far as Kemba goes...he's eligible for the super max in Charlotte and he would have to be a real idiot to turn it down. Super maxes don't come that often but then at the same time Charlotte is not exactly in a winning situation and Michael Jordan hasn't built a team around Kemba for him to succeed either. However, that being said possible destinations for Kemba Walker in my opinion are: either him staying in Charlotte, LA Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Boston Celtics especially if Kyrie leaves, and or Kemba Walker to the Miami Heat. However, my best bet...Kemba goes to Boston to replace Kyrie.

- Khris Middleton...I know he is gonna want to stay in Milwaukee especially if they end up winning it all and if they did he would definitely stay. However, Middleton I am sure he wants max dollars and the only way he is gonna get that is if he leaves Milwaukee. If Middleton were to leave, teams I could see him going to: Portland Trail Blazers to team up with Dame and CJ, Spurs to team up with DeMar and LaMarcus, Lakers to team up with LeBron or Middleton goes to the Houston Rockets to team up with Harden, CP3, Capela, etc.

My best bet...MIDDLETON RESIGNS WITH MILWAUKEE

Tg11
05-18-2019, 02:48 PM
No one is trying to go to the Lakers especially with a front office like Jeannie Buss, Pelinka and the Rambises like it is a dysfunctional freak show almost. Hell, Dolan and the Knicks front office is not even that dysfunctional compared to the Lakers now. I mean who is gonna want to go to that organization in the off season to try to play with LeBron? Most players already do not want to play with him because not only will he get all the attention and players having to change their game altogether but also because of the toxic atmosphere LeBron exudes too. I mean he tried to ship all of his young assets out to try to bring in AD and LeBron's team more or less quit on him and LeBron more or less didn't even care about the rest of the season. So again, I ask which free agents this summer will want to go to that kind of situation? I know I sure as hell wouldn't especially if I am a big name this summer trying to get max dollars. If I had to go to an LA team, it would be the Clippers over the Lakers any day of the week. Clippers have Jerry West running things and West where was he last before the Clippers? That's right...he was running things in Golden State and before that LA Lakers. So with West, he actually has an organized front office and a proven head coach in Doc Rivers but also the Clippers have more cap space to land more free agents than the Lakers do. Clippers aren't dysfunctional either and that speaks volumes.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Lol same ole Narrative from non Southern California people

goingfor28
05-18-2019, 07:16 PM
No one is trying to go to the Lakers especially with a front office like Jeannie Buss, Pelinka and the Rambises like it is a dysfunctional freak show almost. Hell, Dolan and the Knicks front office is not even that dysfunctional compared to the Lakers now. I mean who is gonna want to go to that organization in the off season to try to play with LeBron? Most players already do not want to play with him because not only will he get all the attention and players having to change their game altogether but also because of the toxic atmosphere LeBron exudes too. I mean he tried to ship all of his young assets out to try to bring in AD and LeBron's team more or less quit on him and LeBron more or less didn't even care about the rest of the season. So again, I ask which free agents this summer will want to go to that kind of situation? I know I sure as hell wouldn't especially if I am a big name this summer trying to get max dollars. If I had to go to an LA team, it would be the Clippers over the Lakers any day of the week. Clippers have Jerry West running things and West where was he last before the Clippers? That's right...he was running things in Golden State and before that LA Lakers. So with West, he actually has an organized front office and a proven head coach in Doc Rivers but also the Clippers have more cap space to land more free agents than the Lakers do. Clippers aren't dysfunctional either and that speaks volumes.Spot on post

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 07:21 PM
Spot on post

Nah

IKnowHoops
05-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Letís be honest...
Clippers are never winning a ring

Lebron + KL are winning a ring

People counting the Lakers out need to chill

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 07:51 PM
Letís be honest...
Clippers are never winning a ring

Lebron + KL are winning a ring

People counting the Lakers out need to chill

Itís the same **** as last year, when no one thought Lebron was coming to the Lakers...

Kawhi knows he will never win with the Clippers and nothing with Toronto... 100% right Kawhi/Lebron are a automatic contender and best duo in the game.

People just want to bash the Lakers, a lot of these posters just post to bash and itís all good.

ohreally
05-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Itís the same **** as last year, when no one thought Lebron was coming to the Lakers...

Kawhi knows he will never win with the Clippers and nothing with Toronto... 100% right Kawhi/Lebron are a automatic contender and best duo in the game.

People just want to bash the Lakers, a lot of these posters just post to bash and itís all good.

Why would Kawhi want to play with Lebron? And even with Lebron Kawhi would have a better chance of winning with the Clippers, though it could be a short window. Exactly why Brooklyn would really be the best option for Kawhi or Durant.

Scoots
05-18-2019, 09:39 PM
lol don't let hate cloud your vision.... Why would Kawhi sign with the Clippers if he can't win with the Raptors? he knows he needs help to win a title, if that's his goal and he wants to build his legacy being 1A to Lebron 1B is the path that leads him there...I get it though, everyone hates us :nod:

Or he could go to the LA team that actually made the playoffs.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 09:55 PM
Or he could go to the LA team that actually made the playoffs.

And never made the WC finals, never win a title, any hOF Jerseyís? CP3/Blake were Lob city and still were the B team in SoCal... itís really not even close... Ballmer would be wise to move the team to Vegas or Seattle where they can really blossom as a franchise with loyal fans and not just people who love basketball and want to watch cheaper games

Scoots
05-18-2019, 11:12 PM
And never made the WC finals, never win a title, any hOF Jerseyís? CP3/Blake were Lob city and still were the B team in SoCal... itís really not even close... Ballmer would be wise to move the team to Vegas or Seattle where they can really blossom as a franchise with loyal fans and not just people who love basketball and want to watch cheaper games

The Clippers are in a better place now. The distant past is not terribly relevant.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 11:39 PM
The Clippers are in a better place now. The distant past is not terribly relevant.

Lol ok..

goingfor28
05-19-2019, 08:49 AM
The Lakers are a ****ing mess. LeBron is old, washed up, and doesn't seem to care anymore. There is no way Kawhi chooses that over a great owner, great FO, solid coach, more talented team and 2 max spots available.
There is zero chance he goes to the Lakers.

Heediot
05-19-2019, 09:18 AM

Kawhi staying in Toronto, we will have cap flexibility soon to add a third star to KL and Siakim.

Lakers can settle for Kyrie and AD. Maybe the Pel's cave in now since they were gifted Zion.

I think with Kuzma and a Pat beverly type to round the starters, they can beat the Warriors even with KD. So not too shabby. Just leave my boi Kawhi alone lol.

Y'alls lucky too only Kyrie will have the brain to sign with an aging LeBron.

More-Than-Most
05-20-2019, 01:06 AM
when did the nets get on the level of the clippers let alone the lakers/knicks/sixers etc? I get their owner is big but even this year they didnt get this insane following because of the new york market like playing for the knicks would... Now to me they are in a better place over the knicks but i still cant see teams jumping at them because of this new york thing

GREATNESS ONE
05-20-2019, 01:21 AM
Kawhi staying in Toronto, we will have cap flexibility soon to add a third star to KL and Siakim.

Lakers can settle for Kyrie and AD. Maybe the Pel's cave in now since they were gifted Zion.

I think with Kuzma and a Pat beverly type to round the starters, they can beat the Warriors even with KD. So not too shabby. Just leave my boi Kawhi alone lol.

Y'alls lucky too only Kyrie will have the brain to sign with an aging LeBron.

And all this time, I thought you were a Heat fan :p

Heediot
05-20-2019, 10:35 AM
And all this time, I thought you were a Heat fan :p

I'm the worse of the Bunch. When I joined the forum, I was a cp3 fan, was always a Toronto supporter but fairweather because I wasn't a big Bosh/Lowry/DD fan. Always had a soft spot for Duncan. Have a soft spot for Jokic. Cp3 wore off of me, and he didn't have the it vibe in him (skill and iq wise though the guy is golden). Once Kawhi joined the Raptors, I was back with Toronto (where Im from) lololol.

You are somewhat right, and don't tell wade03 this, but the only ball jersey I have is a wade heat one. Got it at 80 percent off though :laugh: :laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
05-20-2019, 10:54 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/iGypRiqr6LFdK/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ce2bd78756f6d2f7397b6e5&rid=giphy.gif

Lmfao!!!

goingfor28
05-20-2019, 12:06 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/iGypRiqr6LFdK/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5ce2bd78756f6d2f7397b6e5&rid=giphy.gif

Lmfao!!!This is both hilarious and accurate.

prodigy
05-21-2019, 01:23 PM

Hate from what? lol. I don't care about anyone or any team involved. They can all join up on hte same team for all i care.

BTW- nobody hates you, nobody knows who you are. But a lot of people do hate the Lakers. its warranted.

Mr.B
05-22-2019, 09:20 PM
This is actually a question and not a prediction.

Why not Dallas?

Everyone is predicting KD to go to New York to sign with either the Knicks or Nets. My question is though, why not Dallas? With Dwight Powell opting out of his contract the Mavs now have a max slot available. With the addition of KP the Mavs should also have a better team than either the Knicks or Nets (by also adding KD). The Mavs also have one of the most stable front offices in the NBA and play in a top 5 market. Now I know that KD has business on the East Coast. But that didnít prevent him from signing on the West Coast. In Dallas he would not only get paid max money, but he would be the primary scorer. Heíd have the ultimate green light. Also if he were to beat meet Golden State in the playoffs and by some miracle actually beat them it would kind restore the legacy he had when he left OKC. He also already has a huge fan base in Dallas from his OKC days (and his appreciation for Dirk, Luka and KP) and would be revered in Dallas. So again, Iíll ask... why not Dallas?

Disclaimer: I know there is pretty much zero chance he actually signs in Dallas Iím just curious to see what everyone thinks.

prodigy
05-23-2019, 01:46 PM
The Lakers are a ****ing mess. LeBron is old, washed up, and doesn't seem to care anymore. There is no way Kawhi chooses that over a great owner, great FO, solid coach, more talented team and 2 max spots available.
There is zero chance he goes to the Lakers.

Lebron is def not washed up. dude was still putting up 28-7-7 easy last season. But i do agree he doesn't care as much anymore. I truly believe 80% of him is in Hollywood and focused on his shows/movies. If they can somehow land a couple stars he will focus back on basketball. But hard to see that happening.

Tg11
06-06-2019, 04:09 PM
Hearing Kyrie to the Nets and he is going to try to convince KD to go with him to Brooklyn. However, if KD opts to go to New York, Kyrie will follow him.

WaDe03
06-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Hearing Kyrie to the Nets and he is going to try to convince KD to go with him to Brooklyn. However, if KD opts to go to New York, Kyrie will follow him.

Smokescreen. Heís going to LA.

Watch out for the Hawks, theyíre not done making moves. They want to make the playoffs next year and have plenty of assets to improve.

xxplayerxx23
06-06-2019, 08:08 PM
Smokescreen. Heís going to LA.

Watch out for the Hawks, theyíre not done making moves. They want to make the playoffs next year and have plenty of assets to improve.

Kyrie will not be a laker lol

lakers squad
06-06-2019, 08:57 PM

Lmao...the Clips had their best seasons with Blake and Paul ever,
the Lakers had the worst seasons in history while they were together, but nothing changed really in the overall picture. The Lakers are as popular as ever, and no one still watches the Clips!

rocket
06-08-2019, 12:21 PM
This is already a done deal as I stated the other day.

LMAO.. nice

Cracka2HI!
06-08-2019, 03:38 PM
Despite all the good pub I can see the Clipps being the team that misses out. Kawhi should stay, Durant will probably go to the Knicks or possibly stay. Klay will stay. AD will go to the Lakers or Boston, although I do think the Clippers could make the best offer if they wanted to. Kyrie isn't a fit, they've said they aren't interested in Butler and shouldn't pay that price. Maybe they settle on Vucevic or Randle which isn't the kind of splash we've been hearing about. If they can't land one of the big fish I'm really not sure what they should do. As exciting a season as they had it may make sense to go young with where the West is and how they are set up with draft picks.

Chronz
06-08-2019, 05:57 PM
Despite all the good pub I can see the Clipps being the team that misses out. Kawhi should stay, Durant will probably go to the Knicks or possibly stay. Klay will stay. AD will go to the Lakers or Boston, although I do think the Clippers could make the best offer if they wanted to. Kyrie isn't a fit, they've said they aren't interested in Butler and shouldn't pay that price. Maybe they settle on Vucevic or Randle which isn't the kind of splash we've been hearing about. If they can't land one of the big fish I'm really not sure what they should do. As exciting a season as they had it may make sense to go young with where the West is and how they are set up with draft picks.

We shall see. I would definitely enjoy the NBA if Kawhi stayed, KD left, Butler stayed and Kyrie went to one of the NY teams to have his 35 PPG season on his own, i truly believe this is what he desires.

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:43 AM
Going to make a post on my predictions, stay tuned

jericho
06-13-2019, 10:08 AM
The knicks finally learn their lesson and go with the young fellas.

Mitch/Okafor
Randle/vonleh
Harris/Knox/dotson
Rj/trier/frank
Dlo/dsj

I'd be ok with striking out and going with something like that

LeonFSU
06-13-2019, 08:15 PM
The Lakersí most realistic targets are probably Irving and Butler. It seems a lot of teams could and should be in on Butler.

Dade County
06-13-2019, 08:55 PM
As of today

Iring & KD to Ny or Brooklyn

Kawhi to Lakers

Butler stays with the 6ers, or the Miami HEAT clear some cap & sign him.

Kemba to Knicks, Pacers, Spurs or Dallas.

Klay a splash brother forever

AD isn't a free agent but he will be sent out East (whenever that actually happens).

CELTICS4LYFE
06-14-2019, 08:16 AM
Can Brooklyn sign Kyrie and Tobias and resign Russel?

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 08:26 AM
Can Brooklyn sign Kyrie and Tobias and resign Russel?

Not unless they clear more cap

warfelg
06-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Alright, I think I'm ready to throw out some guesses here. If a player has an option and I list the team they are with, assume it's a new contract. Otherwise I will put 'opt in'.

Kevin Durant - Opt in
Kawhi Leonard - Toronto Raptors
Kyrie Irving - Brooklyn Nets
Jimmy Butler - Philadelphia Sixers
Klay Thompson - Golden State Warriors
Kemba Walker - Los Angeles Lakers
Tobias Harris - Utah Jazz
Khris Middleton - Milwaukee Bucks
D'Angelo Russell - Phoenix Suns (via Sign and Trade)
Kristaps Porzingis - Dallas Mavericks
Nikola Vucevic - Los Angeles Lakers
DeMarcus Cousins - New York Knicks
Malcolm Brogdon - New Orleans Pelicans
Al Horford - Opt In with Boston Celtics
Julius Randle - Denver Nuggets
Brook Lopez - Washington Wizards
Marc Gasol - Opt in with Toronto Raptors
Bojan Bogdanovic - Philadelphia Sixers
Paul Millsap - Option not picked up; Brooklyn Nets
JJ Redick - Brooklyn Nets
Nikola Mirotic - Atlanta Hawks
DeAndre Jordan - Orlando Magic
Thaddeus Young - Indiana Pacers
Patrick Beverley - Charlotte Hornets
Rudy Gay - Phoenix Suns
Ricky Rubio - Orlando Magic
Marcus Morris - Los Angeles Clippers

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 09:28 AM
Alright, I think I'm ready to throw out some guesses here. If a player has an option and I list the team they are with, assume it's a new contract. Otherwise I will put 'opt in'.

Kevin Durant - Opt in
Rudy Gay - Phoenix Suns

KD wonít opt in. Teams will offer him a max and heíd be a fool not to take the long term security

warfelg
06-14-2019, 09:31 AM
KD wonít opt in. Teams will offer him a max and heíd be a fool not to take the long term security

I disagree. I think the injury + them losing makes it more likely that he opts in.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 09:37 AM

Kevin Durant - Opt in
Rudy Gay - Phoenix Suns

Also how are the Lakers signing both Walker and Vucevic. They have like $47 mil in cap space. This would also affectively kill AD to LAL now or next year.

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 09:38 AM
I disagree. I think the injury + them losing makes it more likely that he opts in.

So heís going to take $31m for 1 year and become a Free Agent VS taking a max at a higher number for more years? Doubtful. If heís going back to GS itíll be on a new Max

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Kevin Durant - New York Knicks
Jimmy Butler - Brooklyn Nets
Kemba Walker - Charlotte Hornets
Tobias Harris - Philadelphia 76ers
D'Angelo Russell - New York Knicks
Nikola Vucevic - Chicago Bulls
DeMarcus Cousins - Los Angeles Clippers
Malcolm Brogdon - Milwaukee Bucks
Al Horford - Boston Celtics (new contract)
Brook Lopez - Sacramento Kings
Bojan Bogdanovic - Indiana Pacers
Paul Millsap - Orlando Magic
JJ Redik - Los Angeles Clippers
Nikola Mirotic - Dallas Mavericks
DeAndre Jordan - New York Knicks
Patrick Beverley - Los Angeles Clippers
Rudy Gay - San Antonio Spurs
Ricky Rubio - Boston Celtics
Marcus Morris - Boston Celtics
Terry Rozier - S&T to PHO

CELTICS4LYFE
06-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Not unless they clear more cap

They can sign Kyrie to max, Harris close to max and Russel with bird rights no?

Oakmont_4
06-14-2019, 11:14 AM

No. DLo has a cap hold of $21m until heís signed. With Dlos cap hold they have about $48m in cap space if they let everyone else walk and renounce their rights. Take a couple mil off for empty roster spot charges so letís say $46m in space to sign Kyrie whoís going to eat up $32m minimum. So unless Harris is signing for about $14m thereís no chance. Heís not signing for $14m

warfelg
06-14-2019, 11:15 AM

No. They only have $43mil in cap space with Russell's bird rights. Kyrie is slated to be about $32mil on his contract, so that would mean convincing Harris to sign for $11mil. They would need to find a way to unload Dinwiddie and Harris with taking back little cap value.

SenileStern
06-14-2019, 01:14 PM
Imagine KD opts in, the Warriors make the playoffs and we get this whole "should he play or not"-thing again close to the playoffs.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Meh ok lol

ohreally
06-15-2019, 01:17 AM

I always felt that KD was more likely stay if the Warriors lost. But the injury makes for an unknown.

But an opt in seems like the worst choice.

If heís worried about his future and not sure if or how well he may be able to play moving forward, signing a new 5-year max deal with GS would be his best insurance.

If he believes he can be at least close to what heís been, it all depends on how he was leaning before the injury.

If he has any doubts about the GS medical staff possibly missing something, he would be more apt to go for a new where he would be able to trust the medical staff (Nets would look good in this instance, since the doctor he trusts is their team physician).

Thereís also the fact, again depending how he was leaning, that Klayís injury could cancel out the loss because his leaving would actually allow the Warriors to start restocking earlier than they would while carrying the two contracts for guys who may not be playing at all next year.

ohreally
06-15-2019, 02:13 AM
No. They only have $43mil in cap space with Russell's bird rights. Kyrie is slated to be about $32mil on his contract, so that would mean convincing Harris to sign for $11mil. They would need to find a way to unload Dinwiddie and Harris with taking back little cap value.

The Nets now have 46 million in cap space, and I believe that includes Graham and Napier and Pinson. They could also use one or both of their picks on a draft and stash.

If they want to keep Russell and Kyrie they would definitely be looking to trade Dinwiddie. In that case, they should be able to sign Kyrie and Harris if all parties wanted to go that way.

If the Nets feel that keeping Kyrie and Russell loses too much flexibility, they keep Dinwiddie and set Russell free or sign and trade him to Phoenix or Minny.

I donít really see the sense in signing Kyrie and releasing DLO though. I like DLO, and so do his teammates. Heís younger, and still improving. And if Kyrie, for whatever reason, doesnít work out, they would still have an all-star caliber point guard.

The only way I could see them signing Kyrie and being put in a position of having to let DLO go is that Kyrie would bring KD with him.

But they still might not have to lose DLO, even with Kyrie and KD. Durant could opt in with GS and then traded to the Nets for Dinwiddie, Harris, Graham, Napier, and Musa. Not very palatable, but it could work.

infiniterecover
06-15-2019, 05:02 AM
Thanks for sharing.
https://www.infiniterecovery.com/