PDA

View Full Version : WCF Series Thread Warriors (1) vs Blazers (3) Warriors win series 4-0

Pages : [1] 2 3

kdspurman
05-13-2019, 11:29 AM
https://www.lineups.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/warriors-vs-blazers-350x195.jpg

Game 1: (at GS): Tue., May 14, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 2: (at GS): Thu., May 16, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 3: (at POR): Sat., May 18, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 4: (at POR): Mon., May 20, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 5*: (at GS): Wed., May 22, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 6*: (at POR): Fri., May 24, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

Game 7*: (at GS): Sun., May 26, 9 p.m. -- TV: ESPN

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/235/thumbs/qhhir6fj8zp30f33s7sfb4yw0.gif

Project Starting Lineup:

PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Kevin Durant*
PF: Draymond Green
C: Andrew Bogut

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/239/thumbs/23997252018.gif

Projected Starting Lineup

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: CJ McCollum
SF: Mo Harkless
PF: Al-Forouq Aminu
C: Enes Kanter

Scoots
05-13-2019, 12:04 PM
The Warriors bench is going to have to step WAY up.

With the unusually high number of minutes Iguodala, Livingston, and Bogut are playing the risk of one of them getting broken is pretty high.

Tg11
05-13-2019, 12:04 PM
I say Golden State wins in 5 games to head back to the NBA Finals

warfelg
05-13-2019, 12:15 PM
GSW in 6

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Letís go Dame! Blazers in 6!

Rivera
05-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Honestly want to say GSW in 4 even in KD doesnt play. Terrible match up for Portland. Ill say GSW in 5 to show Dame and CJ some respect that they will be hot and win a game at home.

Portland doesnt have enough firepower to go toe to toe with GSW

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 12:59 PM
The Warriors bench is going to have to step WAY up.

With the unusually high number of minutes Iguodala, Livingston, and Bogut are playing the risk of one of them getting broken is pretty high.

yup- warriors need to get cousins and Durant in a room and just say- One of y'all need to come back for this series. (And I dont mean half way through the series). Its playoff time and y'all got to show up. So get in a room, flip a coin, draw straws whatever- but we need bodies asap. Might as well be the santa cruz warriors vs the blazers LOL

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Honestly want to say GSW in 4 even in KD doesnt play. Terrible match up for Portland. Ill say GSW in 5 to show Dame and CJ some respect that they will be hot and win a game at home.

with cousins and durant out- all the warriors really have is curry and thompson and if one of them have an off game- mthey are very very very limited on consistent scoring options

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Welcome back to Oakland Dame...

https://mobile.twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1118305544043810816

You might be a Blazer but still love your Oakland Roots. Sorry to have to be the team to keep you from the finals.

SiteWolf
05-13-2019, 01:29 PM

They split the season series, each winning on the other's floor....so giving the Blazers 1 win is showing respect?

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 01:31 PM
KD is out game 1. Will more than likely miss the first 2.

Tg11
Plus it is Steph vs Seth in the Conference Finals. The Curry Brothers going at it. I wonder who Dell and his wife their mother Sonia will root for? I mean both their sons essentially have a chance at going to the Finals. Steph has 3 rings already and Seth doesn't even have one. I say the parents root for Seth well Dell will that's for sure. Sonia will root for Steph for sure.

likemystylez
Reports are Durant will not be back for game 1.... here we go. havent heard anything on Cousins status

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Reports are Durant will not be back for game 1.... here we go. havent heard anything on Cousins status

Cousins wonít be back. Heís done. Even the rumors were saying it was extremely unlikely heíd be back by the finals.

Durant will likely miss the first 2 and be back after that. I know how you get with injuries but we should be able to beat the Blazers with or without KD. I want him healthy and ready for Greek Freak or Kawhi.

SfgiantsJD3
05-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Plus it is Steph vs Seth in the Conference Finals. The Curry Brothers going at it. I wonder who Dell and his wife their mother Sonia will root for? I mean both their sons essentially have a chance at going to the Finals. Steph has 3 rings already and Seth doesn't even have one. I say the parents root for Seth well Dell will that's for sure. Sonia will root for Steph for sure.Parents are flipping a coin for which Jersey each wears.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Cousins wonít be back. Heís done. Even the rumors were saying it was extremely unlikely heíd be back by the finals.

Durant will likely miss the first 2 and be back after that. I know how you get with injuries but we should be able to beat the Blazers with or without KD. I want him healthy and ready for Greek Freak or Kawhi.

I thought I read something this weekend that he was on pace to make a return during the western conference finals. Was there a recent set back? Supposidly the rumors were saying he is really personally motivated to get out there asap.

What about Jones?

Simply put- the warriors rotation players will wear down if they are all forced to play heavy minutes. Then in the finals we have a real concern when all the bench has been overused.

Bottom line- at this point in the season, everyone is banged up. So durant might as well get back out there.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 01:52 PM
I also heard on knbr from a caller that they thought durant might just call it a year if its true he has already decided to leave. I dont know if there is any truth to that. the way it was laid out- if durant comes back at all......hes gonna resign with golden state. if he doesnt come back, it means hes already packed his bags to go to NY.

Its funny with all the load management missed games, and rest. We have to guess what the reasons are for guys sitting out now-a days.... and try to figure out why a guy isnt on the floor, and whats happening behind the scenes. its odd Durant hasnt released any information at all via press conference or twitter about any indication of whats happening.

I hope he didnt actually tear his achilles, and they are just down playing it so he doesnt hurt his value going into free agency

smith&wesson
05-13-2019, 01:53 PM
I like this match up better then if Denver made it. Lillard and CJ are hungry I think theyíll put up a better fight. Denver would lose on inexperience alone imo.

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 01:54 PM
I thought I read something this weekend that he was on pace to make a return during the western conference finals. Was there a recent set back? Supposidly the rumors were saying he is really personally motivated to get out there asap.

What about Jones?

Simply put- the warriors rotation players will wear down if they are all forced to play heavy minutes. Then in the finals we have a real concern when all the bench has been overused.

Bottom line- at this point in the season, everyone is banged up. So durant might as well get back out there.

Good plan, that way KD can tear his calf for playing when he shouldnít and then heíll be out the rest of the way.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 01:57 PM
I like this match up better then if Denver made it. Lillard and CJ are hungry I think theyíll put up a better fight. Denver would lose on inexperience alone imo.

If denver was the opponent, id feel more comfortable if cousins was available.... just so warriors would have someone to bang with Joker.

Im concerned because I think CJ and Lillard have been more consistant than steph and klay in the playoffs. also warriors dont have the depth that can consistently do what happened on Friday in Houston. Without Durant- their margin for error is pretty small.

Every game without durant feels like a round of Russian Roulette for the hardcore dubs fan

Scoots
05-13-2019, 01:58 PM
yup- warriors need to get cousins and Durant in a room and just say- One of y'all need to come back for this series. (And I dont mean half way through the series). Its playoff time and y'all got to show up. So get in a room, flip a coin, draw straws whatever- but we need bodies asap. Might as well be the santa cruz warriors vs the blazers LOL

That was not my point at all.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Good plan, that way KD can tear his calf for playing when he shouldnít and then heíll be out the rest of the way.

problem is if you drag it out too long- it wont matter if he is 100% the rest of the way or not LOL. These games actually count if you werent aware. winning and losing is very important in each game.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 02:01 PM
That was not my point at all.

what would you suggest they do to remedy the issue you mentioned about wear and tear on iggy and livingston? Just pack it in and tank?

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 02:09 PM
problem is if you drag it out too long- it wont matter if he is 100% the rest of the way or not LOL. These games actually count if you werent aware. winning and losing is very important in each game.

I had no clue.

Rivera
05-13-2019, 02:12 PM
with cousins and durant out- all the warriors really have is curry and thompson and if one of them have an off game- mthey are very very very limited on consistent scoring options

you dont think I know that? I dont care. KD and Cousins could miss the whole series and I would still bet Warriors in 5. You can downplay your team all you want, I aint buying it chief.

They split the season series, each winning on the other's floor....so giving the Blazers 1 win is showing respect?

i dont care about regular season. Regular season is about seeing what you have, experimenting different lineups, trying out plays if your a playoff caliber team to get ready for the postseason, or tank and develop if you arent a playoff team.

Yes I am giving them that respect of not getting swept. Its a terrible match up for Portland. I love Dame and CJ too much and respect them to much to say they are going to get swept. Portland's biggest strength is their guard play. That is one of the Warriors biggest strength and 95% of people would pick Curry and Klay as a better tandem than Dame and CJ.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 02:12 PM
I had no clue.

now you might understand the urgency and the concern for this injury dragging out

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 02:19 PM
now you might understand the urgency and the concern for this injury dragging out

Yes I do, thank you for helping me.

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 03:03 PM

What about Jones?

It said his goal. Heís got a torn quad. He wonít be back in the WFC. Finals at best.

Jones maybe but well be fine without him. Only big left is Gasol. Bogut will be enough.

The rest of the players will need to step up and cover the minutes. Once Durantís back he will eat up a lot of those minutes. We will be ok.

ewing
05-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Warriors in 6

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 03:14 PM
It said his goal. Heís got a torn quad. He wonít be back in the WFC. Finals at best.

Jones maybe but well be fine without him. Only big left is Gasol. Bogut will be enough.

The rest of the players will need to step up and cover the minutes. Once Durantís back he will eat up a lot of those minutes. We will be ok.

I just dont like to have any concerns on whether my team will go out and handle their business. LOL its more fun to watch the playoffs when you know there is no disappointment in your future.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 03:16 PM

LMAO why even write an article then? His goal? who cares what his goal is if it isnt even bordering on reality??

LOL like writing an article that my goal is to win the lottery

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 04:01 PM
LMAO why even write an article then? His goal? who cares what his goal is if it isnt even bordering on reality??

LOL like writing an article that my goal is to win the lottery

24/7 journalism man. They got to write about something.

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 04:05 PM
I just dont like to have any concerns on whether my team will go out and handle their business. LOL its more fun to watch the playoffs when you know there is no disappointment in your future.

I donít know about that. The first championship was by far the best. It was so unexpected. The loss hurt. The next one as vengeance was awesome. The last one was meh cause Houston was the real final (tho I did enjoy the sweep). This one will be better cause itís a new opponent but itís sports man. Thereís always disappointment only 1 team can win each year. I wouldnt start or stop watching cause itís less fun because of disappointment. Itís fun cause we love the game and our town.

Scoots
05-13-2019, 04:58 PM
what would you suggest they do to remedy the issue you mentioned about wear and tear on iggy and livingston? Just pack it in and tank?

There is no solution other than getting more minutes from the bench. I know KD's bones were not visible, but he is injured and wishing him back isn't going to get it done.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 05:20 PM
There is no solution other than getting more minutes from the bench. I know KD's bones were not visible, but he is injured and wishing him back isn't going to get it done.

Unfortunately, a player sitting out games and a player being injured are not the same thing in this day and age..... so its hard to conclusively come to that conclusion so easily.

Saddletramp
05-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Christ Almighty.

likemystylez
05-13-2019, 06:06 PM
Christ Almighty.

HAHA,

My mother use to say that.......

goingfor28
05-13-2019, 07:23 PM
Warriors in 5 or 6

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

COOLbeans
05-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Welcome back to Oakland Dame...

https://mobile.twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1118305544043810816

You might be a Blazer but still love your Oakland Roots. Sorry to have to be the team to keep you from the finals.

This!

This LA friend of mine on Facebook dared to ask Warrior fans if we were rooting for Lillard or for the Warriors. I didnít waste my time even to respond to that asinine question

Saddletramp
05-13-2019, 09:40 PM
HAHA,

Iím sure she did. A lot.

TrueFan420
05-13-2019, 09:44 PM
This!

This LA friend of mine on Facebook dared to ask Warrior fans if we were rooting for Lillard or for the Warriors. I didnít waste my time even to respond to that asinine question

Def not worth the time to respond to that. I want to see Dame do well but not at the expense of the Warriors.

Scoots
05-13-2019, 11:00 PM
HAHA,

I can guess why.

SiteWolf
05-13-2019, 11:21 PM

the only time there's no disappointment in your future watching your team in the playoffs is when you have no expectation they'll win.....is that fun?

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 03:08 AM
the only time there's no disappointment in your future watching your team in the playoffs is when you have no expectation they'll win.....is that fun?

Some people have to be babied and donít want a challenge. Heís PSDís Kevin Durant (mentally, at least)..

lisa0620
05-14-2019, 04:30 AM
Although Durant was injured in the first game or even the second game, I believe Curry, Thompson can still win the game, and when Durant returns, the Warriors will still win the series! I am optimistic that the Warriors won the Blazers in seven games!

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 04:48 AM
Dame & CJ vs Curry & Klay :drool:

I wish durant just sat out the whole series tbh..

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 08:55 AM
Some people have to be babied and donít want a challenge. Heís PSDís Kevin Durant (mentally, at least)..

wouldnt say that. Ive been a die hard warriors fan since Chris Webbers rookie year. I remember getting stoked we got Joe Smith with the first pick. I remember Jason Richardson, t murph and gilbert arenas being drafted, I remember going 18 of 19 yrs missing the playoffs during 1 stretch.....this is make up time!!!! an I realize it aint always gonna be like this, so gotta handle yo business when your the heavy favorite

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:40 AM

Naw Stylez has been here for a hot minute. He was here in the down years.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Canít wait for the game tonight! Letís go Dame!

I think that was a good test for Dame and CJ last round, they wonít face better defense the rest of the way.

lakerfan85
05-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Warriors in 3...

Tg11
05-14-2019, 12:29 PM
Warriors in 5 games

SiteWolf
05-14-2019, 12:46 PM
wouldnt say that. Ive been a die hard warriors fan since Chris Webbers rookie year. I remember getting stoked we got Joe Smith with the first pick. I remember Jason Richardson, t murph and gilbert arenas being drafted, I remember going 18 of 19 yrs missing the playoffs during 1 stretch.....this is make up time!!!! an I realize it aint always gonna be like this, so gotta handle yo business when your the heavy favorite

but the Warriors aren't heavy favorites....but what you said was "its more fun to watch the playoffs when you know there is no disappointment in your future" ....which is either naive or overconfident or both, because you NEVER "know" whether your team is going to win until they actually do.

kdspurman
05-14-2019, 01:44 PM

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 02:31 PM

I want Jimmy on the Heat but this would be sick.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 02:32 PM
but the Warriors aren't heavy favorites....but what you said was "its more fun to watch the playoffs when you know there is no disappointment in your future" ....which is either naive or overconfident or both, because you NEVER "know" whether your team is going to win until they actually do.

Not sure if you have looked at the odds on warriors winning it all...... they appear to be heavy favorites to people considering betting against them.

valade16
05-14-2019, 02:39 PM

I want Jimmy on the Heat but this would be sick.

How would this be possible. We have zero cap.

Bostonjorge
05-14-2019, 02:57 PM
Dame & CJ vs Curry & Klay :drool:

I wish durant just sat out the whole series tbh..

Yup. That would make this series even more interesting. If Warriors do get into trouble then maybe Cousins comes back and tryís to bail them out.

dhopisthename
05-14-2019, 03:20 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I doubt the Jimmy and the 76ers would be that intersted as well unless they moved McCollum

valade16
05-14-2019, 03:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I doubt the Jimmy and the 76ers would be that intersted as well unless they moved McCollum

There is no way Portland moves McCollum after these playoffs.

nastynice
05-14-2019, 03:56 PM
Portland already has 2 closers. They don't need butler

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 03:59 PM

Probably have to give up picks to get rid of the expiring you have like turner Meyers I believe it was Aminu or harkless.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Portland already has 2 closers. They don't need butler

They need another star to be legit contenders next year. Jimmys a 2 way star, they donít have that.

valade16
05-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Probably have to give up picks to get rid of the expiring you have like turner Meyers I believe it was Aminu or harkless.

We don't have enough 1st round picks to dump all our salary lol. Next year our cap number is $126 million and that's without Aminu, Hood, Curry and Kanter who are all FAs. Even getting rid of Turner, Leonard, and Harkless' combined $50 million in salary, we'd still be at $78 million, which would be $31 million under the cap.

I don't see us being able to dump all 3 and even if we did, we'd get Butler at the expense of Turner, Leonard, Harkless, Aminu, Hood, Curry, Kanter and Layman. That's 2/3 of our team lol

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 04:13 PM
We don't have enough 1st round picks to dump all our salary lol. Next year our cap number is $126 million and that's without Aminu, Hood, Curry and Kanter who are all FAs. Even getting rid of Turner, Leonard, and Harkless' combined $50 million in salary, we'd still be at $78 million, which would be $31 million under the cap.

I don't see us being able to dump all 3 and even if we did, we'd get Butler at the expense of Turner, Leonard, Harkless, Aminu, Hood, Curry, Kanter and Layman. That's 2/3 of our team lol

Not sure what his plan is then lol. Iím sure heís been talking to management to get 1 more piece in there.

Dame
CJ
Butler
Collins?
Nurkic

Thatís a good start and I donít think Aminu or harkless are very good anyways, basically 0s on offense at times. Jimmy easily replaces them on both ends. Find some vets to come in there for cheap.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 05:39 PM

I think it was 2015 when Curry played and defeated every member of the ALL-NBA first team on the way to the title.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Not sure if you have looked at the odds on warriors winning it all...... they appear to be heavy favorites to people considering betting against them.

Odds don't guarantee anything which you know.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 06:28 PM
Odds don't guarantee anything which you know.

I was responding to someone who stated that the warriors werent heavy favorites going in. Can I reference the current listed odds to determine which team is a favorite?

Perhaps include a disclaimer that being favored doesn't guarantee a win, but as far as debating which team is favored going in do you have a better reference point than the current odds?

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 06:29 PM
They need another star to be legit contenders next year. Jimmys a 2 way star, they donít have that.

They dont need another star, they should just go out and enjoy the game. Don't worry about who's on top :o)

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Naw Stylez has been here for a hot minute. He was here in the down years.

Not wanting a challenge is such ***** mentality. Itís what villains want in the movies. No respect.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 06:59 PM
Not wanting a challenge is such ***** mentality. Itís what villains want in the movies. No respect.

staying with the warriors thick and thin from 1994 until 2013 was "the challenge".

And now its more like I dont want something that doesnt need to be a challenge.... to be a challenge. When you have 5 all stars on your roster- You should be fine no matter what comes up.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 07:29 PM
staying with the warriors thick and thin from 1994 until 2013 was "the challenge".

And now its more like I dont want something that doesnt need to be a challenge.... to be a challenge. When you have 5 all stars on your roster- You should be fine no matter what comes up.

And yet you still complain at every turn.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 07:36 PM
And yet you still complain at every turn.

because the dubs make stuff harder than it needs to be

Foles9MVP
05-14-2019, 08:21 PM
Warriors in 5

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 08:39 PM
i just dont think people realize how bad of a matchup this is... even without durant i cant see it going more than 5 games

Nunuu
05-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Refs in the dubs pockets....

Chronz
05-14-2019, 09:45 PM
i just dont think people realize how bad of a matchup this is... even without durant i cant see it going more than 5 games

lmfao, they are FAR better equipped than the Clippers to beat the Dubs. If it only goes 5 they better all be contested games. ZERO excuses

goingfor28
05-14-2019, 09:56 PM
i just dont think people realize how bad of a matchup this is... even without durant i cant see it going more than 5 gamesCompletely agree

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:11 PM
everyone is deflated after watching the Pels win the draft lottery. Neither of these team will get to 50 at the half

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:13 PM

why do you think it is a terrible match up? I think the Warriors are better but I don't think it a terrible match up. I could Kanter have a really rough time in screen roll so it might be a terrible match up for my boy but...

Chronz
05-14-2019, 10:15 PM
Completely agree

why?

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 10:32 PM
Moving screens everywhere. ****ing amazing to me the **** they get away with while already outmatching every team they play talent wise by a wide margin.

zn23
05-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Steph has been magnificent the last 3 games or so.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 10:39 PM
Moving screens everywhere. ****ing amazing to me the **** they get away with while already outmatching every team they play talent wise by a wide margin.

Yeah, surprised they called that one on Bogut but they basically do whatever they want. It really has turned this into a joke.

And then Klay hits a three with no screen. See, they donít need them but theyíre unbeatable when they get away with everything.

SiteWolf
05-14-2019, 10:40 PM

This is my shocked face
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/srw3RdiIlrQ/maxresdefault.jpg

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:41 PM
Wow i love Kanter but you cant stay in the paint in the screen roll with Curry

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Yeah, surprised they called that one on Bogut but they basically do whatever they want. It really has turned this into a joke.

And then Klay hits a three with no screen. See, they donít need them but theyíre unbeatable when they get away with everything.

Come on man... there are several moving screens by every team every game. You think Green or Tucker weíre setting legit picks? This is what happens when you start having guards sets picks. None of them know how to and league is ok with it.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 10:43 PM

Yea exactly, ***** so annoying.

Portland has to change the starters too, Aminu and Harkless are terrible.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 10:44 PM
Another one lol Looney literally just walks them out

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
why do you think it is a terrible match up? I think the Warriors are better but I don't think it a terrible match up. I could Kanter have a really rough time in screen roll so it might be a terrible match up for my boy but...

The blazers are the warriors light. Dame is great but he isnít Curry. CJ is a very good scorer and shooter but unlike Klay he canít defend. They have good role players and 3 and D (turner, Harkless, Aminu, hood, Seth, Kanter) but not Iggy or Green quality. Their solid but when their playing their game their playing like us just not as good.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Come on man... there are several moving screens by every team every game. You think Green or Tucker weíre setting legit picks? This is what happens when you start having guards sets picks. None of them know how to and league is ok with it.

Itís looney and itís always the Warriors, weíre nit going to go back and forth all night about it but itís BS.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 10:46 PM

Is it a rule? Call it. Every time. Make the players adjust.

Another cute behind the back pass to the crowd. What a goof.

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:47 PM
Screens or whatever these guys are hitting some insane shots. You let the game get open against GS and these guys just hit crazy off balance 3s.

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Itís looney and itís always the Warriors, weíre nit going to go back and forth all night about it but itís BS.
I can point to several moving screens, travels, carrying committed by each team every night. You want to talk about it talk about it but do it at the NBA level. Donít ignore it when itís not the Warriors.

cxres
That actually made some sense true fan about the guards...thank you for that insight. McKenzie set a few side ways picks [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
The blazers are the warriors light. Dame is great but he isnít Curry. CJ is a very good scorer and shooter but unlike Klay he canít defend. They have good role players and 3 and D (turner, Harkless, Aminu, hood, Seth, Kanter) but not Iggy or Green quality. Their solid but when their playing their game their playing like us just not as good.

i think you are right. It's a bad match up b/c you can't out Warrior the Warriors.

Saddletramp
Draymond slaps a guy in the head and argues that he could pushed after. Dope.

Also, shouldnít arguing calls be a delay of game?

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:51 PM
lets ***** about officiating

ewing
05-14-2019, 10:52 PM
Portland should start a fight

SiteWolf
05-14-2019, 10:53 PM

doesn't do any good....it'll still happen and pro-Dub people just try to minimize it by saying it happens on both sides (ignoring that the quantity still heavily favors Golden State)

Scoots
05-14-2019, 10:55 PM

22 FT for Portland 3 for Warriors. Let's.

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Is it a rule? Call it. Every time. Make the players adjust.

Another cute behind the back pass to the crowd. What a goof.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/5/18/11680940/golden-state-warriors-illegal-screens-analysis

Itís old but point stands.

NBA needs to clean up a lot. I hate that offensive players can jump into defenders in non natural movements and get to the line. I donít point just at Harden and the Rockets I point at the nba. Several players do it (including warriors). Hate KDs sweeping shot when a arm is out. They change rules so itís not a shooting foul but players still do it and get to the line. Some more than others. NBA needs to clean up reffing. Officiating changes from one ref to game to quarter too much.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 10:57 PM
22 FT for Portland 3 for Warriors. Let's.

No oneís driving the lane, theyíre just jump shooting. Good olí Scoots not giving context per usual.

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:00 PM
Also, shouldnít arguing calls be a delay of game?

I wish but each team will have so many Ts by the end of the night. Iíd like them to do something about it but they wonít.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:00 PM
Another one by Livinigston. Yawn.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:01 PM
No oneís driving the lane, theyíre just jump shooting. Good olí Scoots not giving context per usual.

Hehe. The context is the game we are watching man, and people here talking about complaining about the refs.

ewing
hard to believe this is still a game

WaDe03
I can point to several moving screens, travels, carrying committed by each team every night. You want to talk about it talk about it but do it at the NBA level. Donít ignore it when itís not the Warriors.

Yíall do it more than anyone by far, I donít want to hear it.

Saddletramp
I wish but each team will have so many Ts by the end of the night. Iíd like them to do something about it but they wonít.

Theyíd get the hint sooner rather than later.

SiteWolf

they wouldn't keep getting T'd up because they'd stop doing it

ewing
05-14-2019, 11:02 PM
Hehe. The context is the game we are watching man, and people here talking about complaining about the refs.

he had a good point

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:03 PM

I would too. We've been talking about cleaning up the way the rules are written and enacted for years. The "flopping" rule was a joke, the screen rule is a joke, the landing zone rule is a joke, the offensive player creating contact/shoving off is a joke.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:04 PM

Iíve only started watching after the half and Iíve already seen 4 threes made off of illegal screens. It is what it is, though. Been going on for years. Happened less when Durant came on but now that heís sitting, weíre seeing them in spades again. Must be a coincidence.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:04 PM
he had a good point

When I wrote it one team had more than 7 times as many FTs as the other team. That is unusual regardless of play style. And do you really think the refs have been totally one sided?

cxres
05-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Why does Dame keep hesitating off that screen. Just pull up my guy

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Iíve only started watching after the half and Iíve already seen 4 threes made off of illegal screens. It is what it is, though. Been going on for years. Happened less when Durant came on but now that heís sitting, weíre seeing them in spades again. Must be a coincidence.

Bogut being back made a big difference too. When we were talking about this 5 years ago I was saying that the screen rules were stupidly written with loopholes smart players can take advantage of ... they still are.

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:07 PM
Theyíd get the hint sooner rather than later.

Maybe but stars always get the treatment. Itís that type of league. Remember the flopping rule. It was implemented at the peak of CP3 flopping in the playoffs on the clips. I donít think he got fined once after it was put into affect. All it would lead to is role players picking up Ts. Real fans of BBall want something that will never happen. The game called the same no matter the name on the back of the jersey. But thatís never gonna happen and hasnít been how the league is called for as long as Iíve been watching (90s).

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:08 PM
I would too. We've been talking about cleaning up the way the rules are written and enacted for years. The "flopping" rule was a joke, the screen rule is a joke, the landing zone rule is a joke, the offensive player creating contact/shoving off is a joke.
Agreed

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:09 PM
When I wrote it one team had more than 7 times as many FTs as the other team. That is unusual regardless of play style. And do you really think the refs have been totally one sided?

See Scoots, when one team mainly shoots jump shots and the other team has a good combination of jump shots and going to the rim, the team thatís driving more usually gets more fouls called for them.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 11:14 PM
0 perimeter defense from the blazers all game... dame even left curry walk up and chuck a 3 and played way off of him... sorry but the lack of perimeter defense from the blazers and how CJ and lillard rarely have been able to be good at the same time in these playoffs mean dubs in 5.... its shocking that is is even a 12 point game. It sucks but neither the blazers or nuggets stood a chance... i just figured the blazers might be able to at least contend a bit.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:14 PM
This should be over in 4 unless the Blazers make a ton of adjustments. And then they might just win one.

Portland better hope Durant comes back because Curry doesnít know how to dominate when Durantís in. Strangest thing.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 11:15 PM
lol the game hasnt been close and the blazers have 27 fta

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 11:16 PM
This should be over in 4 unless the Blazers make a ton of adjustments. And then they might just win one.

Portland better hope Durant comes back because Curry doesnít know how to dominate when Durantís in. Strangest thing.

its not even that... its just a really bad matchup... the rockets matched up better.... the blazers arent even attacking curry like the rockets/clippers did

first rule should always be find the guy curry is guarding and make him work defensively all game... blazers said na

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:17 PM
Itís funny, CJ thought that heíd be illegally screened so he turned hard but wasnít illegally screened so he basically tackled Klay. This will be the longest short series for those guys.

WaDe03
It might be every single screen for real.

More-Than-Most
even when curry sat the warriors actually extended the lead... curry and klay are just picking them off but the ball movement by the bench is nuts.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 11:18 PM
portland is 1 CJ trade away from being an actual threat... this will be a series off for the warriors to rest up for the raptors/bucks

Scoots
Yíall do it more than anyone by far, I donít want to hear it.

It's true. Not only do the Warriors screen more than any other team, they score more off of those screens. I wasn't aware there was a debate there.

Saddletramp
Jesus Christ

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 11:19 PM
It's true. Not only do the Warriors screen more than any other team, they score more off of those screens. I wasn't aware there was a debate there.

Moving screens, you know what Iím talking about. Miss me with the smart *** ish.

Saddletramp
05-14-2019, 11:21 PM

Lol. Missing more context there. Not surprising.

All right, itís been fun. Iíll check back if it goes to 6.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:21 PM
See Scoots, when one team mainly shoots jump shots and the other team has a good combination of jump shots and going to the rim, the team thatís driving more usually gets more fouls called for them.

More than 7 times as many FTs going into the 4th quarter. That's unusual regardless of the offensive scheme.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2019, 11:23 PM
why do teams think they can play warriors style of ball better than the warriors? that is exactly what i figured portland would do... this is the one advantage the bucks and raptors have... bucks will dominate inside with giannis and the raptors will always be defense first but neither team will be dumb enough to out warriors the warriors... the rockets and clippers played their own style of ball and both teams got the ball to whomever curry was guarding and made him run around a ton and actually work out on defense... portland came in with 0 game plan and did not try to play to their strengths at all or defend.

the warriors needed this series... this is the series that will wake curry up for the finals.... they will lose the first game at portland and that is all

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:26 PM
Damian Jones is back... well Iíll be damned. Stylez where you at? I know you must be happy.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:26 PM
Moving screens, you know what Iím talking about. Miss me with the smart *** ish.

As is usually the case in the playoffs, the rules are the way they are called. The moving screen rule is poorly written. I've been saying it for years, it's still true. It's just more obvious because screens are a focus for the Warriors.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:27 PM
Lol. Missing more context there. Not surprising.

All right, itís been fun. Iíll check back if it goes to 6.

No, I addressed the context.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:27 PM
Damian Jones is back... well Iíll be damned. Stylez where you at? I know you must be happy.

And he scored.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:29 PM
why do teams think they can play warriors style of ball better than the warriors? that is exactly what i figured portland would do... this is the one advantage the bucks and raptors have... bucks will dominate inside with giannis and the raptors will always be defense first but neither team will be dumb enough to out warriors the warriors... the rockets and clippers played their own style of ball and both teams got the ball to whomever curry was guarding and made him run around a ton and actually work out on defense... portland came in with 0 game plan and did not try to play to their strengths at all or defend.

the warriors needed this series... this is the series that will wake curry up for the finals.... they will lose the first game at portland and that is all

Of the teams left the Raptors are the only ones left who have a chance playing the Warriors-ish style.

goingfor28
05-14-2019, 11:35 PM
why?I just don't think Portland is anywhere near Golden States level, even without KD. That's all.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 11:36 PM

ummm free throw disparity of 31-18 on the warriors floor... and warriors are defending champs- refs are going out of their way to get the blazers to the line

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 11:37 PM
And he scored.

was very happy to see damian jones back. Was KD at the game at all?

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 11:44 PM
was very happy to see damian jones back. Was KD at the game at all?

Naw. I was talking to my wife about that too. Heís missed every game since the injury. Know who hasnít... Boogie.

likemystylez
05-14-2019, 11:54 PM
well game 6 was supposidly because he didnt want to fly to Houston.... but its odd he wasnt at this game

cxres
05-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Portland deserved every free throw. Also the only reason they didnít lose by 30

Scoots
05-15-2019, 12:45 AM
From the NBA rulebook: a screener may not move laterally or toward an opponent being screened, after having assumed a legal position. The screener may move in the same direction and path of the opponent being screened.

So, if a screener turns his back on an opponent he's allowed to follow that opponent (generally away from the basket). It means that if a defender tries to go over the screen the screener is allowed by rule to back up away from the basket even if that's the way the defender is going.

Supposedly the screener was allowed to move because defenders were essentially running through screeners and calling it a moving screen so they adjusted the rule and players learned to take advantage of it.

Another thing that happens on screens a lot in the modern NBA is defenders hook the screener and pull on them to help turn the corner or to get the moving screen call, which has lead to the refs calling fewer and fewer moving screen calls.

It's a poorly written rule.

SiteWolf
05-15-2019, 08:22 AM
ummm free throw disparity of 31-18 on the warriors floor... and warriors are defending champs- refs are going out of their way to get the blazers to the line

that's such a simplified view, it really is....the Blazers were driving into the lane far more often while the Warriors were taking outside shots....one generates far more contact than the other

Rivera
05-15-2019, 09:06 AM
i cant wait for this series to be over, i wish Portland well

Hawkeye15
05-15-2019, 12:07 PM
Man the Warriors could have really used Durant out there

valade16
05-15-2019, 12:35 PM
In the 2 games KD has missed Curry is averaging 34.5 pts and 50% from 3. I almost want KD to come back, at least then I don't have to worry about nova Curry.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 12:52 PM

And warriors fans wonder why they get no credit. Way more talented than any team and can set a moving screen every play and get called for 1 or 2 all game.

warfelg
05-15-2019, 01:02 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Scoots
05-15-2019, 01:03 PM
And warriors fans wonder why they get no credit. Way more talented than any team and can set a moving screen every play and get called for 1 or 2 all game.

I don't think Warriors fans wonder about it, I think they are happy their team is really good.

And by the stupid rule a lot of those moving screens are not illegal.

COOLbeans
05-15-2019, 02:04 PM
well game 6 was supposidly because he didnt want to fly to Houston.... but its odd he wasnt at this game

Dubs wanna keep the true injury under wraps for as long as possible. They donít want him hobbling in with something clearly worse than a calf strain

COOLbeans
05-15-2019, 02:06 PM
I don't think Warriors fans wonder about it, I think they are happy their team is really good.

And by the stupid rule a lot of those moving screens are not illegal.

Warriors can give two flying *****

Weíre stoked to be multi champions and the media, league and most Americans donít hate on the Warriors dominance. Only fanboys who are mad that their teams suck and couldnít game the system that was in place for all teams to succeed :)

Rivera
05-15-2019, 02:12 PM

they dont have enough depth remember?

Scoots
05-15-2019, 02:33 PM
they dont have enough depth remember?

Thankfully the limited bench finally showed up for game 1 at least.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Still have no clue why stotts had his bigs staying so low on the moving screens

nastynice
05-15-2019, 03:48 PM

lol, I been watching a few shows where they show all the curry 3's back to back, the screens are all clean. What looney does is when a defender bumps him he let's that side of his body go limp and so it gets kinda dragged by the defender.

He's just a damn good screener.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:49 PM
lol, I been watching a few shows where they show all the curry 3's back to back, the screens are all clean. What looney does is when a defender bumps him he let's that side of his body go limp and so it gets kinda dragged by the defender.

He's just a damn good screener.

Lmao! You all will say anything!

nastynice
05-15-2019, 03:50 PM

It's all on video bro, you can watch it yourself..

https://youtu.be/K0AioVjVGSo

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:11 PM
Still have no clue why stotts had his bigs staying so low on the moving screens

Maybe he was telling his wings to go under and they were ignoring him?

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:12 PM

Look at the rule. It's a stupid rule, but it allows the screener to move. The way people talk they seem to think the screener is not allowed to move at all.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:22 PM
It's all on video bro, you can watch it yourself..

https://youtu.be/K0AioVjVGSo

I made the comment that early in the 4th the FT discrepancy was 22-3, and was told that was normal because the Warriors were not going inside, there are several plays there where Curry drives, gets bumped, hacked, and bodied but gets no call. Also the Warriors actually outscored Portland from two so it's not like they were not going inside. I think the officiating complaints were almost entirely that the Warriors run a lot more screens and that looks like cheating.

nastynice
05-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Maybe he was telling his wings to go under and they were ignoring him?

It was just bad game plan. Stotts was like let's make curry and Klay beat us with uncontested 3's.

And that's exactly what happened.

Portland won't do that again, games are gonna be tighter now.

Chronz
05-15-2019, 04:35 PM

They get collective credit, its their individual legacies that are stunted, thats the point of being selfless

likemystylez
05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Naw. I was talking to my wife about that too. Heís missed every game since the injury. Know who hasnít... Boogie.

was listening to Greg papa on 95 7 the game today and he said that the warriors were asked about KD not being there. Apparently, they say KD is getting around the clock treatment and they dont want their injured players at the game.....

but thats odd because Boogie constantly traveled with the team and hes been there all playoffs. Maybe they dont want KD exposed to interview questions about his status.... or maybe there is something else going on...... but i dont buy their explanation

Scoots
05-15-2019, 05:13 PM
was listening to Greg papa on 95 7 the game today and he said that the warriors were asked about KD not being there. Apparently, they say KD is getting around the clock treatment and they dont want their injured players at the game.....

but thats odd because Boogie constantly traveled with the team and hes been there all playoffs. Maybe they dont want KD exposed to interview questions about his status.... or maybe there is something else going on...... but i dont buy their explanation

*sigh*

valade16
05-15-2019, 05:15 PM
I made the comment that early in the 4th the FT discrepancy was 22-3, and was told that was normal because the Warriors were not going inside, there are several plays there where Curry drives, gets bumped, hacked, and bodied but gets no call. Also the Warriors actually outscored Portland from two so it's not like they were not going inside. I think the officiating complaints were almost entirely that the Warriors run a lot more screens and that looks like cheating.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/shot-chart/201905140GSW.html

Near as I can tell from counting the dots and X's (an admittedly difficult endeavor), Portland took roughly twice as many shots in the paint as GS. I don't think the officiating was bad, but Portland definitely went inside a lot more than GS, hence the FT disparity.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 05:39 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/shot-chart/201905140GSW.html

Near as I can tell from counting the dots and X's (an admittedly difficult endeavor), Portland took roughly twice as many shots in the paint as GS. I don't think the officiating was bad, but Portland definitely went inside a lot more than GS, hence the FT disparity.

I think it's more likely that the 22-3 discrepancy was more from the Warriors taking so many shots, including in the paint, with no defender close. The ball movement was absolutely killing the Blazers. It was just that when I looked at the box score mid-game the 22-3 was fairly shocking, and you've got to admit, pretty rare for the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

nastynice
05-15-2019, 05:50 PM

You're looking too deep into things. Right now is win or go home mentality, these back to back defending Champs, they know that. Everybody's mentality is just to get better and do what's necessary to win. Nobody in that organizations playing mind games right now, that's just outside noise and media.

TrueFan420
05-15-2019, 05:53 PM

He might just be the type of person that canít stand to be there if he canít play. I do think some is the questions theyíll field with him there vs not. He gets them all day as is might as well not have the distraction of the questions there if he canít play. Either way itís interesting

likemystylez
05-15-2019, 05:57 PM
He might just be the type of person that canít stand to be there if he canít play. I do think some is the questions theyíll field with him there vs not. He gets them all day as is might as well not have the distraction of the questions there if he canít play. Either way itís interesting

also with it being the draft lottery day.....you know he would get questions about the knicks not getting the top pick and how it correlates with free agency... and no matter how he responded, LMAO the interaction would be picked apart on ESPN the next day.... which serves as a distraction

likemystylez
05-15-2019, 05:59 PM
You're looking too deep into things. Right now is win or go home mentality, these back to back defending Champs, they know that. Everybody's mentality is just to get better and do what's necessary to win. Nobody in that organizations playing mind games right now, that's just outside noise and media.

so its not odd that their explanation is that they dont want injured players out on the bench.... when boogie has been on the bench all season when he was injured?

nastynice
05-15-2019, 06:20 PM
so its not odd that their explanation is that they dont want injured players out on the bench.... when boogie has been on the bench all season when he was injured?

No not really, they just don't care to explain anything. What needs explaining anyway? Let the guy recover his strain, we don't need him cheerleading we need him playing.

valade16
05-15-2019, 06:38 PM
I think it's more likely that the 22-3 discrepancy was more from the Warriors taking so many shots, including in the paint, with no defender close. The ball movement was absolutely killing the Blazers. It was just that when I looked at the box score mid-game the 22-3 was fairly shocking, and you've got to admit, pretty rare for the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

It was unusual. From watching the game at no point did I get the feeling the Blazers were getting unfair treatment by the refs. We were just outplayed.

likemystylez
05-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Another thing a bit odd about game 1. Not sure if its my imagination. It didnt seem like it had the intensity of a conference finals. It felt more like a random Tuesday Night game in January.

Im not sure if its just the contrast in urgency from game 7s on Sunday and the warriors coming off one of their most satisfying wins in their current run on Friday night. Maybe its just that us warriors fans kind of built the Houston Series up as the pinnacle......but with all the story lines going on about the series between Portland and The Warriors...... the energy level was just kinda mehh. Just my thoughts

Scoots
05-15-2019, 07:31 PM

Nah, they are still playing mental games, just not as much as they did before they were the big bad.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 07:32 PM
It was unusual. From watching the game at no point did I get the feeling the Blazers were getting unfair treatment by the refs. We were just outplayed.

I agree.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 07:35 PM
Another thing a bit odd about game 1. Not sure if its my imagination. It didnt seem like it had the intensity of a conference finals. It felt more like a random Tuesday Night game in January.

Im not sure if its just the contrast in urgency from game 7s on Sunday and the warriors coming off one of their most satisfying wins in their current run on Friday night. Maybe its just that us warriors fans kind of built the Houston Series up as the pinnacle......but with all the story lines going on about the series between Portland and The Warriors...... the energy level was just kinda mehh. Just my thoughts

I think it was fairly intense. Maybe the Blazers were a bit worn from their series and being shorthanded.

SiteWolf
05-15-2019, 09:49 PM
I think it was fairly intense. Maybe the Blazers were a bit worn from their series and being shorthanded.

FWIW, in each team's prior 2 series, the Blazers had more than 2 days between games once per series....the Warriors twice per series including 4 days between game 2 and 3 of the Rockets series

Scoots
05-16-2019, 10:52 AM
I re-watched the game ... I always thought of Evan Turner being a fairly smart player, but he was out of position a lot on defense. He looked kind of lost at times.

likemystylez
05-16-2019, 12:44 PM

maybe you're right. I suppose it was just the contrast from the game 7s on Sunday. There just didnt really appear to be any "big plays" that stood out. It felt like the warriors were going to win for pretty much the entire game.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Need a big game from Lillard tonight. Letís get 2 more game 7s.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 01:26 PM
I re-watched the game ... I always thought of Evan Turner being a fairly smart player, but he was out of position a lot on defense. He looked kind of lost at times.

Heís terrible now tbh. He had a solid game 7 but other than that...

likemystylez
05-16-2019, 01:40 PM

lets just get the west done as fast as possible please

Scoots
05-16-2019, 04:05 PM

Nah, I want a sweep and a game 7 in the East.

Scoots
05-16-2019, 04:06 PM
Heís terrible now tbh. He had a solid game 7 but other than that...

What happened? It looks like he's lost his athleticism and he wasn't elite to begin with.

likemystylez
05-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Nah, I want a sweep and a game 7 in the East.

exactly

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 04:50 PM
What happened? It looks like he's lost his athleticism and he wasn't elite to begin with.

No clue really, kind of odd. I donít like them running him at point either, it looks ugly out there.

hidalgo
05-16-2019, 07:18 PM
nobody is beating the warriors for a few more years at least. that KD cheat code is just unfair. they were crazy good without him, and you can't get physical on defense with them, so derrrr you just gotta let them go nuclear on you. please bring defense back NBA. bring back the old rules, handchecking, and no zone, etc

goingfor28
05-16-2019, 09:24 PM
Dame needs to get some different shoes. I can't stop looking at them haha

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 09:37 PM
you know how bad it must feel to be seth with how great curry is... as a competitor it must actually be hell

goingfor28
05-16-2019, 09:51 PM
It's Klay vs Portland on the court right now. Portland needs to take advantage of this GS lineup.

goingfor28
05-16-2019, 09:52 PM
It would also be great if Dame decided to stop impersonating KD's son.

likemystylez
05-16-2019, 10:18 PM
warriors are not playing with effort and with kd not coming back until atleast game 5- they dont want to put themselves in a 3-1 situation and try and rely on kd to get them out of it

zn23
05-16-2019, 10:18 PM
"Warriors are better without KD".

likemystylez
05-16-2019, 10:20 PM

to be fair- warriors defense is garbage how many wide open 3s are you gonna give them. rodney hood, harkless and amino can get a wide open 3 any time they want

nastynice
05-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Looney just steamrolled Lillard, lol

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:37 PM
Looney just steamrolled Lillard, lol

yea pretty ****** they didnt call it

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:40 PM
this is the annoying **** about the warriors that people complain when it comes to the refs... they just allow them to start playing defense that isnt defense... they are fouling but nothing is being called and its causing a huge run and all the momentum.... it really gets old.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:41 PM
klay has just gone off.

hughest4
05-16-2019, 10:42 PM
I don't think there is anything more fun to watch then when the Warriors go on these types of runs.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 10:42 PM
We all knew this was coming.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:46 PM
all that ****ing contact the last 4 minutes with 0 calls and now a clean block is a foul

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:47 PM
oh well... told you guys from the beginning this was over in 5 even without durant... even if portland by a miracle pulls this game off they wont win another.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:49 PM
dame really needs to show up... 2 games damn near and the dude is invisible.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:52 PM
klay is destroying this quarter lol

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:53 PM
really good defense from dame there :laugh:

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 10:56 PM
the best part is... the warriors dont even have their best player or defender in durant and it shows with the awful defense being played tonight.... its just portland is a horrid matchup

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:00 PM
curry and klay are amazing this game.... but that might bite the warriors with how they stopped going to klay when he was on fire and curry missed his last 3 shots. They were up 5 with a 22 point swing and just stopped going to klay

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Eat Lillard!!!

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:25 PM
Wake up CJ.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:26 PM
Stop setting screens and bringing the double at half court. Yíall look like a damn chicken with its head cut off working out of the double.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:27 PM
Blazers just being flat out outhustled.

Bostonjorge
05-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Itís the old Draymond offense.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:31 PM
There you go Portland. Feed the cold hand lol

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:32 PM
dame has just been awful.... seth is really their only player showing up here in the 4th... clearly this moment is too big for dame because this is 2 straight games of being a no show which cant happen... Its just ISO by CJ and Dame... 0 basketball being ran.

aman_13
05-16-2019, 11:32 PM
Why are the Blazers not switching there?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

hidalgo
05-16-2019, 11:33 PM
warriors always win no matter what. the west is so freakin wack, and will never ever stand up to them. even without Durant. pathetic

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:34 PM
lmfao dame.... good lord these games are way too big for him... remember yall... portland stood a chance right?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-16-2019, 11:35 PM
This game was Portlandís only shot in this series. Itís a wrap.

WaDe03
05-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Why are the Blazers not switching there?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The blazers played very dumb.

nastynice
05-16-2019, 11:38 PM
yea pretty ****** they didnt call it

Nothing to call, it was a loose ball, looney got it.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:39 PM
This game was Portlandís only shot in this series. Itís a wrap.

the best part is... they can just rest durant for the finals lmfao. we need lebron and the lakers to be good because outside of the warriors the west is overrated as ****.... dont let it fool you.... this would be much worse if denver was playing the warriors right now... the clippers defended well and relied on ball movement and team play... everyone else has just tried to play warriors ball until the 4th where they went iso with their star players and lost... the rockets are the 2nd best west team if harden would do less iso and they kept their actual good defenders from the year before.... the only shot the west has is if KL or durant goes to the clippers/lakers... sixers/raptors/bucks and maybe the celtics are all better than the 2ned best team out west.

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Nothing to call, it was a loose ball, looney got it.

even if its a loose ball you cant just bulldoze a guy lol... its still a foul

hidalgo
05-16-2019, 11:41 PM
i hope the east has more for the warriors than the west. something tells me they don't. unless they bring physical defense back to the nba, this team will win 6 straight titles

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:43 PM
i hope the east has more for the warriors than the west. something tells me they don't. unless they bring physical defense back to the nba, this team will win 6 straight titles

the bucks might if giannis gets the calls he gets in the finals against the warriors which wont happen... as soon as the 2nd half starts of a game warriors start playing physical defense and get away with a ton of touching/fouling and the refs pocket their whistles and the warriors just flat out go off... its a theme.... giannis will need to be super physical but i dont think they will give him the same calls against the warriors.

and this isnt me ******** on the warriors... they buckle down and play physical man defense and get away with a lot for it... they should keep doing it because it works. That wont favor a bucks team

numba1CHANGsta
this will be the last championship that team will see for a very long time

hidalgo
agreed, the west is very overrated. i think the raptors, bucks, and 76ers are better than the other west teams not named warriors. still they're no match either, can't defend anymore

More-Than-Most
05-16-2019, 11:44 PM
agreed, the west is very overrated. i think the raptors, bucks, and 76ers are better than the other west teams not named warriors. still they're no match either, can't defend anymore

yup.

numba1CHANGsta
05-16-2019, 11:46 PM

The problem is teams in the West either lack depth or are too young.

Chronz
05-16-2019, 11:48 PM

They're not better, but they definitely dont fall off without him the way you usually see from guys who legitimately carry their teams. Like without Curry and with KD, I think they dont get past Houston and they go 7 vs the Clips. Toronto and Milwaukee without their studs are laughably out of contention IMO.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 12:05 AM
the only chance the blazers have is what wade said and what war said

You trade CJ and more the second you are able for AD-War

You go out and get butler who would instantly be their best 2 way player because dame lacks defense-wade

The blazers dont have the money to get butler without trading for him i believe.... so i think that is out the window because I doubt butler wants to go to portland... But CJ to the sixers for butler and a protected first would be ideal.

Something has to be done though... Portland/Houston/OKC need game changing moves this off season or they are all gonna fall behind the lakers/clippers/Denver and hell maybe the jazz if Dmitch finds his potential

Bostonjorge
05-17-2019, 12:06 AM
dame has just been awful.... seth is really their only player showing up here in the 4th... clearly this moment is too big for dame because this is 2 straight games of being a no show which cant happen... Its just ISO by CJ and Dame... 0 basketball being ran.

You also have to credit Thompson. His defense has been elite while guarding Dame or CJ.

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 12:08 AM
You also have to credit Thompson. His defense has been elite while guarding Dame or CJ.

unless KL is guarding him there is 0 excuses and I am a huge klay fan... Klay is a very good defender but in no universe should it stop dame and force him to be ISO deep 3 or passive which he has been these 2 games. The moment is way to big for him and he isnt even going down swinging... Id atleast respect that

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 12:11 AM
the insane thing is... curry missed like 5 of his last 8 shots and shot 4 of 14 from 3 with 6 turnovers and klay shot 8 of 22 and they still won lololol

Scoots
05-17-2019, 12:30 AM
The problem is teams in the West either lack depth or are too young.

Some of that is just a reaction to the Warriors. The West is resetting to take down the Warriors. Top 2 picks headed west this year too. West is best :)

Scoots
05-17-2019, 12:32 AM
unless KL is guarding him there is 0 excuses and I am a huge klay fan... Klay is a very good defender but in no universe should it stop dame and force him to be ISO deep 3 or passive which he has been these 2 games. The moment is way to big for him and he isnt even going down swinging... Id atleast respect that

Kawhi can't bring it every night like he used to. Dame is being too passive but he's also playing the game to take what the defense gives him.

Still a game with issues from both teams.

Chronz
05-17-2019, 12:33 AM
the only chance the blazers have is what wade said and what war said

You trade CJ and more the second you are able for AD-War

You go out and get butler who would instantly be their best 2 way player because dame lacks defense-wade

The blazers dont have the money to get butler without trading for him i believe.... so i think that is out the window because I doubt butler wants to go to portland... But CJ to the sixers for butler and a protected first would be ideal.

Something has to be done though... Portland/Houston/OKC need game changing moves this off season or they are all gonna fall behind the lakers/clippers/Denver and hell maybe the jazz if Dmitch finds his potential

You trade CJ and Aminu for Ben Simmons. You hope you can sway a vet SG. You trade any and all existing assets to the spurs for Aldridge. Boom. 6 or 7 game loss to the conference champ

Chronz
05-17-2019, 12:35 AM
Kawhi can't bring it every night like he used to. Dame is being too passive but he's also playing the game to take what the defense gives him.

Still a game with issues from both teams.

He could do more if you lessened his offensive load

Scoots
05-17-2019, 12:37 AM
Both teams giving up wide open shots by choice by doubling the star guards and the post. If those open shots go in more either team can win.

That said, so far the Warriors star guards are way outplaying the Blazers star guards.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2019, 12:38 AM
I think the Monstars took Dameís powers

Scoots
05-17-2019, 12:55 AM
He could do more if you lessened his offensive load

He's lost some explosion.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2019, 01:16 AM
Durant must be feeling a certain type of way right now watching the warriors win w/o him..

Scoots
05-17-2019, 01:36 AM
Durant must be feeling a certain type of way right now watching the warriors win w/o him..

Happy that his team is winning. Rehabbing to get back and win a ring.

GREATNESS ONE
05-17-2019, 01:46 AM
Happy that his team is winning. Rehabbing to get back and win a ring.

;)

ewing
05-17-2019, 07:03 AM
Really donít like Green but he was fantastic

SiteWolf
05-17-2019, 07:26 AM

is that why the West continuously is well over .500 against the East every year?

More-Than-Most
05-17-2019, 07:49 AM
is that why the West continuously is well over .500 against the East every year?

go look at the top 5 or 6 teams in the east and see how they did against the west... not really fair when the east is super top heavy but out right better outside of the warriors.

SiteWolf
05-17-2019, 08:38 AM
go look at the top 5 or 6 teams in the east and see how they did against the west... not really fair when the east is super top heavy but out right better outside of the warriors.

they're closer now, but it's laughable to say they're a stronger conference than the west....people are so reactionary, I bet I could go back just a few weeks in threads right here on PSD and find people saying the exact opposite...'the west is so deep...'

nastynice
05-17-2019, 08:46 AM

No way Boston gets to round 2 in the west. Even with a gifted 1 seed. Philly either.

Milwaukee is legit, Toronto too. Philly will be soon.