PDA

View Full Version : Michigan HC John Beilein hired as Cavs HC.

warfelg
05-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Rivera
05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
my first thought is, interesting.

a Michigan State alumn is hiring a Michigan man :laugh2:

but hes a good coach at least on the college level, lets see how it translates

warfelg
05-13-2019, 09:47 AM
my first thought is, interesting.

a Michigan State alumn is hiring a Michigan man :laugh2:

but hes a good coach at least on the college level, lets see how it translates

He's highly regarded for player development. So I think they move on from Love and Thompson (if they can), go young, and let Beilein develop Sexton and others. By the time he retires the young kids would be ready to win.

Vee-Rex
05-13-2019, 11:57 AM
I'm cool with it, assuming he lives up to his reputation in the NBA.

Gonna take a few years of developing Sexton and Zion anyway before they lead us to an NBA title.

Hawkeye15
05-13-2019, 04:45 PM
no spring chicken

basch152
05-13-2019, 11:59 PM

ewing
05-14-2019, 08:10 AM
guys is a brilliant coach. his West Virginia team passed the ball better then any college team I've ever seen. Hopefully he translates to the NBA. Nice is see a guy get an NBA job for his coaching chops as much as his personality management

prodigy
05-14-2019, 09:06 AM
no spring chicken

good thing hes not playing

prodigy
05-14-2019, 09:15 AM
I don't know a ton about him But what i do know is he's a good leader. Kids love playing for him. Excellent X and o's guy. College coach so hes use to coaching young players. lots of success.

I don't believe cavs will move on from Love at all. If Cleveland gets Zion, Barrett or Morant to add with Sexton, love, Nance, Clarkson,cedi thats a very solid team. Develop these guys for a year then maybe when money free's up they can lure a big time player.

Love= all-star
Sexton- all-star caliber
Clarkson- great bench player
Nance- excellent talent, needs to put it all together he could be a good starter in this league.
Zion= superstar, Barrett=all-star and Morant=superstar.

That teams making the playoffs next year. If of course Love can stay healthy (I believe he missed most of last season cuz the team was bad). Present that to a star player i think someone comes.

Hawkeye15
05-14-2019, 09:37 AM
good thing hes not playing

I am typically weary of hiring a 66 year old to do a rigorous job no matter what. But in all honesty, I don't know a ton about him as a person. His teams played great team ball, he runs good offenses, and defenses, and now we get to see if he can deal with the personalities of the NBA, which has defined who should stay in college ball and who can coach in the pro's.

Hawkeye15
05-14-2019, 09:37 AM
guys is a brilliant coach. his West Virginia team passed the ball better then any college team I've ever seen. Hopefully he translates to the NBA. Nice is see a guy get an NBA job for his coaching chops as much as his personality management

yet, which one is typically more successful in the NBA....?

Phil Jackson didn't even know what the weave drill was, yet he won 11 rings. Brad Stevens, ie, the greatest mind ever, can't get a roster to stop hating each other.

ewing
05-14-2019, 09:40 AM
yet, which one is typically more successful in the NBA....?

Phil Jackson didn't even know what the weave drill was, yet he won 11 rings. Brad Stevens, ie, the greatest mind ever, can't get a roster to stop hating each other.

I;m not arguing that. I just think its nice to see. I hope he does well

Hawkeye15
05-14-2019, 09:53 AM
I;m not arguing that. I just think its nice to see. I hope he does well

I always love seeing good basketball coaches. I just know the NBA is where many of them go to die haha. NBA players are the biggest divas in sports now. It sucks dude.