PDA

View Full Version : Sixers, Celtics, Nuggets, and Rockets - One Move

warfelg
05-12-2019, 09:57 PM
Ok, so thinking about all the 2nd round teams to loose as I was driving home today. For the sake of this, lets assume that the major FA's for each team (Butler, Harris, Irving), and club options (Milsap) are picked up.

What's the 1 silver bullet move that every team could make to make it further in the playoffs?

For me:
Sixers - Get Jrue Holiday. Jrue coming back could allow Simmons to move off the 1 to the 4, give us another wing defender, and really upgrade our backcourt.

Celtics - Move one of Brown or Tatum for a PF. I think that adding more length with Horford, as well as clearing up some of the battle for who will get the ball can really help them.

Denver - Get a real PG. I feel as though getting a PG in the Rondo/Rubio mold could help them and allow them to still rely on Jokic, but take some of the pressure off him of having to start the offense.

Houston - Get out from one of the big contracts. Obviously they are going to keep Harden, but CP3 or Capella for someone else with a different impact could be great for them.

Alayla
05-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Embiid for AD we absolutely can't build around this guy his body is frail and he knows it I've never seen a guy 7.2 avoid contact and pace the way he does. He is an amazing talent but I'm sorry he needs to go.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 10:25 PM
Get Lebron on any of those teams and theyíre contenders

Dade County
05-12-2019, 10:36 PM
76ers:

Trade Ben for AD & a spot up shooting pg.

Shooter
Butler
Harris
AD
Embiid

It will be Embiid & Butler jobs to sale AD on staying with the team. Also start fresh with a ne wcoach.

Boston:

They are good. They have the best team in the East. If they can get Irving to re-sign back with them, maybe they can pull off a trade for AD, or someone else.

Houston:

I really don't like Harden play style, sooooo. They need to find away to trade Cp3 and bring in someone that can be a Alpha to Harden. Stop letting him take all those bad shots...etc

Denver:

They are not true contenders and they will just be another good team, unless they can get a top 4 player.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-12-2019, 10:36 PM
For me:

Sixers - Move Simmons to PF and get a 3 and D PG.

Celtics - Resign Kyrie and get Davis for Tatum, Hayward and picks.

Denver - Legitimate scorer at the wings.

Houston - Need to trade Gordon for a scorer at the forward position that could also defend (so they aren't undersized) and hope that they can sell veterans on taking vet minimum deals.

j-bay
05-12-2019, 10:55 PM
The Nuggets might have to worry about finding a new gm first.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Moving simmons out of PG is step 1... if he wont then you trade him unless he shows during the preseason he has developed a shot... not even asking for a 3 point shot but a ****ing 15 foot jumper.

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 08:24 AM
I donít understand why people think Simmons will get them AD let alone AD and a shooter.

Heediot
05-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Houston should inquire about Gordon Hayward. Gordon and who else can make it work salary wise?

Even Gallo if the Clips need to clear cap.

tp13baby
05-13-2019, 08:47 AM
So the Denver upgrades I see.

Wing scorer- Barton struggled this year after his groin injury, has been a 16 point player his career in Denver, a top 4 candidate for 6th man the previous 2 years. Michael Porter is healthy, he will be ready for summer league.

True PG- Harris and Murray arenít small forwards. Morris is the most underrated player on the team. Best assist to turnover ratio as a rookie. Shot 41 percent from 3. Smartest Nugget next to Jokic. Played bad in the playoffs. Most consistent Nugget all year next to Jokic.

Top 4 player- canít help but laugh at this. Explain to me how they get Leonard, Durant, James or Giannis. 8th youngest team in NBA playoff history is one game away from getting to the conference finals.

They need another 4 for the sole purpose of taking over for Millsap in 2 years. Thatís basically it.

ewing
05-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Does the guy checking Ben Simmons stop playing free safety and clogging the paint just b/c now he is playing PF? I don't think so. On top of that he is good at pushing tempo and north/south driving and would have less opportunities to do these things at PF. If I'm Philly I explore trading him.

warfelg
05-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Does the guy checking Ben Simmons stop playing free safety and clogging the paint just b/c now he is playing PF? I don't think so. On top of that he is good at pushing tempo and north/south driving and would have less opportunities to do these things at PF. If I'm Philly I explore trading him.

I disagree some with that. Part of the reason that his guy can do that is because Ben has the ball on the perimeter while his guy is in the paint like that. Ben at PF means an extra defender is on the perimeter with whoever has the ball. Allows Ben to become the roll man in a pick and roll, post up, garner some dump offs on the drives. Those are all things he cannot do right now as the PG.

Giannis94
05-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Philly - resign jimneh

Rivera
05-13-2019, 10:46 AM
1 move ? this is tough, like for example, Tobias Harris is an FA. I would want Philly to resign him but thats one move. Are we assuming the rosters are the same and just make one move?

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 10:52 AM
1 move ? this is tough, like for example, Tobias Harris is an FA. I would want Philly to resign him but thats one move. Are we assuming the rosters are the same and just make one move?

As stated in the OP brother.

warfelg
05-13-2019, 11:01 AM

Yea I said just assume major FA's and options are signed and picked up.

ewing
05-13-2019, 11:02 AM
I disagree some with that. Part of the reason that his guy can do that is because Ben has the ball on the perimeter while his guy is in the paint like that. Ben at PF means an extra defender is on the perimeter with whoever has the ball. Allows Ben to become the roll man in a pick and roll, post up, garner some dump offs on the drives. Those are all things he cannot do right now as the PG.

Is posting up and being a roller what makes Ben Simmons special? He's not much of a post up player when matched on guards forget other PFs. I don't see much benefit to him taking Joel's posts spots and trying to post up other bigs. He'll get some dump off etc but his ball handing and passing at his size are what makes him special. Him and Joel are just a tough fit IMO. At the very least he needs to be a playing a point forward role like Draymond otherwise i think you are just neutering him

warfelg
05-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Is posting up and being a roller what makes Ben Simmons special? He's not much of a post up player when matched on guards forget other PFs. I don't see much benefit to him taking Joel's posts spots and trying to post up other bigs. His ball handing and passing at his size are what makes him special. Him and Joel are just a tough fit IMO. At the very least he needs to be a playing a point forward role like Draymond otherwise i think you are just neutering him

:shrug: That's literally what I've said all along, yet you've been in total disagreement with me.

ewing
05-13-2019, 11:08 AM
:shrug: That's literally what I've said all along, yet you've been in total disagreement with me.

Dray is not much of a a roll man or a post up guy. His team also does have a post up big. Like I said i think its a tough fit in Philly unless Ben can start hitting jump shots and I don't see how playing him at PF really changes that

Rivera
05-13-2019, 11:11 AM
As stated in the OP brother.

wow failboat on my end.

Boston - try to trade for AD

Nuggets - man can you imagine if they can develop Michael Porter Jr? Put him on the front line with Millsap and Jokic? Sheesh. Id figure out a way to get Mike Conley. Conley on that team is a perfect fit, move Murray to SG, keep Craig, Harris becomes the first guard off the bench.

Rockets - rockets are capped. best they can do is figure out a way to get a more consistent shooter with length who can defend, bring the band back and try again. They really dont have enough to trade for a difference maker.

76ers - Me personally? I would trade Ben while his value is the highest. Need a superstar in return just to answer the phone. but if im Philly, bring back that starting 5 and bring in a true backup PG that can shoot and stabilize the 2nd unit.

LaVar Ball
05-13-2019, 11:13 AM
Rockets - Fire Mike Antoni

Jamiecballer
05-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Does the guy checking Ben Simmons stop playing free safety and clogging the paint just b/c now he is playing PF? I don't think so. On top of that he is good at pushing tempo and north/south driving and would have less opportunities to do these things at PF. If I'm Philly I explore trading him.Me too

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 11:32 AM
I loved the idea of Dame on Philly for Simmons with this current team but no way that happens now. Lillards arguably top 7 in the league and balling out in the playoffs. They could get Lowry and Danny Green if Kawhi leaves lmao!

SenileStern
05-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Broussard just said the Rockets should try to trade CP3 for Simmons...

How do some of these paid tv experts come up with unrealistic stuff like that?

warfelg
05-13-2019, 05:11 PM
Broussard just said the Rockets should try to trade CP3 for Simmons...

How do some of these paid tv experts come up with unrealistic stuff like that?

Who knows. My right pinky is a better analyst than him.

Oakmont_4
05-13-2019, 07:58 PM
Yea I said just assume major FA's and options are signed and picked up.

Celtics S&T Kyrie for anyone = better.

Oakmont_4
05-13-2019, 08:19 PM
For real though

HOU - CP3 and multiples future firsts for LeBron

Why: HOU needs to win now, so does LeBron. CP3 is still very good but heís not great anymore and injury prone. He wonít take them to the promise land. Nobody wants to play with Bron in LA and LA wants out of the mess theyíre in. They get CP3 to make the money work and they own the HOUís future. Basically BOS/BRK trade 2.0. Houston now has a 2-3 year window to close the deal

BOS - Hayward and Brown for Durant and Iguadala

Why: KD canít handle NY alone and wants to play with Kyrie. KD pulls a CP3 and opts into his contract but demands a trade to BOS. GS loses KD but gets a consolation prize instead of nothing.

DEN - No moves, keep building around current core. If they can learn anything from Boston and Philly, accelerating the process to quick might backfire.

PHI - Simmons and Butler for Westbrook and Adams

Why: Simmons one dimensional game is holding back the team. They need a true PG and a team leader who will bring the hustle every night. Westbrook will do that night in and night out. Adams will help relieve Embiid and help the team when he needs nights off. OKC needs a new direction and Simmons potential helps soften the blow in losing Westbrook, yet they can still compete now. A three headed monster of Simmons/PG/Butler will be tough for any team to match. While a Westbrook and Embiid duo will likely reign in the east. Theyíll still have solid depth with Tobias/JJ/Adams

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 04:23 AM
Celtics- trade Tatum + Hayward or Horford + picks for AD

Philly- Trade Simmons for Bradley Beal

Denver- Harris + Barton + Porter JR + picks for Russell Westbrook

Houston- Capela + Gordon + Picks for Lebron James

tp13baby
05-14-2019, 07:36 AM
Celtics- trade Tatum + Hayward or Horford + picks for AD

Philly- Trade Simmons for Bradley Beal

Denver- Harris + Barton + Porter JR + picks for Russell Westbrook

Houston- Capela + Gordon + Picks for Lebron James

Westbrook would Destroy Denver and everything they are built on. Good shots, sharing the ball. Then also trading arguably our 3 best outside shooters. Wow.

TheDish87
05-14-2019, 09:05 AM
Embiid for AD we absolutely can't build around this guy his body is frail and he knows it I've never seen a guy 7.2 avoid contact and pace the way he does. He is an amazing talent but I'm sorry he needs to go.

stop it. you post nothing but nonsense.

TheDish87
05-14-2019, 09:11 AM
For real though

HOU - CP3 and multiples future firsts for LeBron

Why: HOU needs to win now, so does LeBron. CP3 is still very good but heís not great anymore and injury prone. He wonít take them to the promise land. Nobody wants to play with Bron in LA and LA wants out of the mess theyíre in. They get CP3 to make the money work and they own the HOUís future. Basically BOS/BRK trade 2.0. Houston now has a 2-3 year window to close the deal

BOS - Hayward and Brown for Durant and Iguadala

Why: KD canít handle NY alone and wants to play with Kyrie. KD pulls a CP3 and opts into his contract but demands a trade to BOS. GS loses KD but gets a consolation prize instead of nothing.

DEN - No moves, keep building around current core. If they can learn anything from Boston and Philly, accelerating the process to quick might backfire.

PHI - Simmons and Butler for Westbrook and Adams

Why: Simmons one dimensional game is holding back the team. They need a true PG and a team leader who will bring the hustle every night. Westbrook will do that night in and night out. Adams will help relieve Embiid and help the team when he needs nights off. OKC needs a new direction and Simmons potential helps soften the blow in losing Westbrook, yet they can still compete now. A three headed monster of Simmons/PG/Butler will be tough for any team to match. While a Westbrook and Embiid duo will likely reign in the east. Theyíll still have solid depth with Tobias/JJ/Adams

these Sixers and and Celtics are idea as just too far removed from reality. Celtics cant get KD for Heyward and Brown lol thats laughable and to suggest the Sixers trading Butler AND Simmons to OKC is even crazier.

AntiG
05-14-2019, 11:03 AM
these Sixers and and Celtics are idea as just too far removed from reality. Celtics cant get KD for Heyward and Brown lol thats laughable and to suggest the Sixers trading Butler AND Simmons to OKC is even crazier.

well as crazy as it is, IF Boston convinces Irving to take the money, and Irving convinces Durant to join him (Durant nearly signed with Boston a couple years back but took the easy route to get a ring, and has publicly said in the past that he wanted to play for the Celtics someday) - then they just need to work out a sign and trade deal at that point. Warriors getting Hayward or Horford + pick/Brown is FAR better than just losing KD in FA if he gets annoyed at them holding him hostage trying to play hardball. Its not like they would be receiving junk in return, one is a former All-Star primary guy for a competitive Utah team, and the other is an up and coming athlete with Iguodala type of skills and All-Star potential. I doubt it, but its not outside of reality.

Oakmont_4
05-14-2019, 11:19 AM

The whole thread is crazy in that all 4 teams keep all their free agents to start. Iím making trades based on the outlines criteria. Being the criteria weíre working within here, I see nothing crazy about these moves

Storch
05-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Ben Simmons to the Lakers for Ball and Kuzma

Ball
Butler
Harris
Kuzma
Embiid

Storch
05-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Chris paul to the wizards for beal

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Ball
Butler
Harris
Kuzma
Embiid

Horrible trade for the Sixers.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Chris paul to the wizards for beal

Horrible trade for the Wizards.

Storch
05-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Nuggets need to make small trades for 3&D guys like danny green, ariza, etc.

TheDish87
05-14-2019, 11:52 AM

Ball
Butler
Harris
Kuzma
Embiid

please, stop

Bostonjorge
05-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Simmons traded to Denver for Murray and Porter

Simmons in Denver will have the paint all to himself. Jokic likes to play in the perimeter as the point guard. Jokic always looks to pass first and can set up Simmons in the post game.

Sixers get the scoring Guard they been wanting. Murray can stretch the floor for Embiid especially when heís lighting it up. Embiid wonít need to be out in the perimeter so much. Porter jr gives them that stretch 4 point forward.

Irving traded to Rockets for Paul

Paul can set up the deep roster that the Celtics have. He makes everyone better especially the bigs. Great defender that can make a great Celtics defense that much greater. Tatum and Brown will benefit the most.

Irving in Houston gives Houston two amazing scorers in that offense. Irving in a fast pace offense is perfect for his skill set. We seen what it did for Harden and even Gordon.

TheDish87
05-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Sixers best bet is to retain this group and add and strong backup 1 and 5. Simmons isnt going anywhere.

Storch
05-14-2019, 05:56 PM
Sixers best bet is to retain this group and add and strong backup 1 and 5. Simmons isnt going anywhere.

Captain obvious

TheDish87
05-17-2019, 09:17 AM
sorry i cant suggest trading for the lakers scraps