PDA

View Full Version : The 2 Pt shot lives!

nicnac
05-12-2019, 07:11 PM
I am more than satisfied that Portland thrived in the second half by emphasizing the mid-range game while we see year after year that the teams that rely and emphasise the 3pt shot never win it all unless they are the warriors. Portland shot STRATEGIC 3's bc they were terrible at the 3 in the first half

Until every team can shoot like the warriors, that shot is a losing strategy, analytics be damned, which seems to have nothing to do with analyzing in game adjustment (see d' Antonio)

The game is so much more enjoyable and the players are much more active when the game is inside the three point line. YET, i do believe in the occasional 3 pt shot, with a green light for just a few
. And I still believe that the chance to make a shot and stay in a game is better, the flow is better, when players are not standing around HOPING that a three point shot IS NOT missed.

Most players and most TEAMS should not have a green light to shoot threes just bc analytics say it's a great shot

I wonder how many of these number gurus ever coached a game or played within a sports system which is dynamic and not static. I will now Dodge the bullets

nastynice
05-12-2019, 07:12 PM
Just no one tell the rockets.

They might actually win a series then!

LaVar Ball
05-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Bu bu bu analytics guyyyyyssssssss !!!!!!

dhopisthename
05-12-2019, 07:39 PM
analytics would tell you that defenses especially at this stage of the playoffs are so focused on defending the 3 and getting to the hoop that getting a good look from midrange can be just as good as a highly contested 3. Then you add in the fact that someone like CJ shoots over 50% from the mid range they would probably recommend those shots.

Scoots
05-12-2019, 09:02 PM
The Warriors are "blamed" for the 3 taking over, but this year they finished in the middle of the NBA in 3pt attempts. It was their 2pt efficiency that got them this far.

nicnac
05-13-2019, 12:45 AM
Btw. I didn't realize that LeBron diddoed this until just now.

ewing
05-13-2019, 10:05 AM
#s always tell the truth so when people who know nothing about sports misinterpret them they just change there interpretation but also pretend they were never wrong in the first place

Scoots
05-13-2019, 11:06 AM
In the end it's always the defense that makes the difference.