PDA

View Full Version : Frank Vogel new Lakers HC.. Jason Kidd assistant

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2019, 07:08 PM
per Woj! I'm happy we dodged the Ty Lue bullet, this is a good signing.

Heediot
05-11-2019, 07:14 PM
solid.

KB24PG16
05-11-2019, 07:44 PM
I dont hate it

warfelg
05-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Got the professional drink spiller. Nice.

Really....JKidd has undermined plenty around him. I give this partnership 1 season.

Lakers + Giants
05-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Wouldve been happier if it was just Vogel.

Maybe this is operation Giannis? :p

buckalis
05-11-2019, 08:10 PM
The question is... could they find better?

I mean there are plenty of coaches that would refuse the job after they meet with LAL's F.O. and would ask the inevitable to come up question in that interview: "what Lebron's role will be as far as roster construction and floor tactics will be?"

THE MTL
05-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Why are the Lakers so insistent on Jason Kidd?

j-bay
05-11-2019, 09:09 PM

Former big name player from California

michael811
05-11-2019, 09:17 PM
They think he did well in developing the Bucks young players.

michael811
05-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Nice! Solid hiring and the three year deal they wanted to give. Good Job!

Scoots
05-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Decent, I do wonder what political damage Kidd will do.

smith&wesson
05-11-2019, 09:32 PM

They want him to mentor Lonzo.

buckalis
05-11-2019, 09:39 PM

Because Jason Kidd is perhaps the best out there in realizing the potential a young talent has and the method of training that has to be followed in order to optimize the player... Jason Kidd realized that Giannis can be the best player in the world if he adds "top quality playmaking & reed the game abilities" to his game and has sacrificed a whole season playing Giannis at PG and some SG just to force him maximize his playmaking, although Giannis was most effective when playing the forward...

Jason Kidd's weakness as a coach is his weak responsiveness in the floor when he is outmatched in a game and his "team defense" tactics, but he is the best out there to take the max out of a player offensively. Without Jason Kidd, Giannis would have never turned to "the best player in the world"...

lakers squad
05-11-2019, 10:10 PM

Supposedly he can help bring KI too the Lakers, also player development, in particular for Zo!

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2019, 10:17 PM
I expect Kidd to be the HC after a year and a half.

IndyRealist
05-11-2019, 11:03 PM
Vogel and Kidd both need to rehab their careers. This is the kind of job to do it in. One of them is likely gone within two seasons, whether it works or not.

TrueFan420
05-11-2019, 11:07 PM
I actually really like the Vogel hire. Tho Iím not a fan of Kidd. Think they should have targeted a better offensive minded coach to partner with Vogel.

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2019, 11:17 PM
I actually really like the Vogel hire. Tho Iím not a fan of Kidd. Think they should have targeted a better offensive minded coach to partner with Vogel.

They will.

TrueFan420
05-12-2019, 12:17 AM
They will.

Has there been any chatter of other coaches their looking at?

More-Than-Most
05-12-2019, 12:18 AM
better than lue def.... but kidd kills this so bad its insanity

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2019, 12:43 AM
Ok hire. Lue was the better choice imo

TrueFan420
05-12-2019, 12:51 AM
Ok hire. Lue was the better choice imo

Lol no he wasnít

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 01:25 AM
Has there been any chatter of other coaches their looking at?

All Over offensive tactician minded assistant coaches..but the main piece we need to address is Head Athletics Trainer.. missing 210+ games last year due to injury is a problem.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 01:29 AM
better than lue def.... but kidd kills this so bad its insanity

I donít think he does my friend... actually, I feel this makes it even better... Kidd has a good history/track record devolving young players and other posters (Lakers forum) explain it better ďsometimes anti-social are not great leadersĒ but Kidd can be that leader it just takes a little time and right now his (183-190) w/L record isnít that bad... Kidd is a great get but they need to fill the rest of the staff accordingly... idk itís all good but Iím happy as a die hard Lakers fan.. good move..let see what happens next..

More-Than-Most
05-12-2019, 01:44 AM
I donít think he does my friend... actually, I feel this makes it even better... Kidd has a good history/track record devolving young players and other posters (Lakers forum) explain it better ďsometimes anti-social are not great leadersĒ but Kidd can be that leader it just takes a little time and right now his (183-190) w/L record isnít that bad... Kidd is a great get but they need to fill the rest of the staff accordingly... idk itís all good but Iím happy as a die hard Lakers fan.. good move..let see what happens next..

I think Vog will do really really good but i feel like kidd is just there to take his job the second things go down hill... if J Kidd just remains an assistant and does his job and only his job I have 0 issues... Anyone thinking lue would be better should have their head examined.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Eh I guess, I can see that narrative, it is common, weíll see I guess but can see Kidd and Vogel succeed together.. idk Iím excited, weíll see what happens.

More-Than-Most
05-12-2019, 01:47 AM
Eh I guess, I can see that narrative, it is common, weíll see I guess but can see Kidd and Vogel succeed together.. idk Iím excited, weíll see what happens.

words cant put across how much bettter Vog is in my opinion over Lou and Monty... still cant figure out the love for monty.

R. Johnson#3
05-12-2019, 08:44 AM
So Frank Vogel will be the one to convince Lebron to play defence?

Scoots
05-12-2019, 09:12 AM

I don't think Kidd developed young players, but he was good for their confidence which is important. Don't know that he can be quite so efficient when he's not the HC. My concern would be much more about his past issues with playing political games.

D-Leethal
05-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Hard to see Kidd not overstep in his role as assistant. This is the same dude that tried to usurp his boss in BK and was fired for trying to seize more power in Milwaukee. He most definitely is taking this role with his eyes on either the HC or GM position. That's the way Kidd operates.

D-Leethal
05-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Woj reporting that Phil and Rambis are pulling strings behind the scenes. Interested to hear the Laker fans thoughts on this.

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Woj reporting that Phil and Rambis are pulling strings behind the scenes. Interested to hear the Laker fans thoughts on this.

Wonder how LeBron feet since he called Phil a racist

KobeOwnSU
05-12-2019, 11:22 AM
I love this. Vogel is better coach then Kidd. Kidd is there for two reasons: appease LeBron and develop Lonzo. Thatís it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GiantsSwaGG
05-12-2019, 11:27 AM
I love this. Vogel is better coach then Kidd. Kidd is there for two reasons: appease LeBron and develop Lonzo. Thatís it.

Really? And thatís healthy for Voguel who will be on the hot seat by December?

KobeOwnSU
05-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Really? And thatís healthy for Voguel who will be on the hot seat by December?

I don't believe vogel will be on the hot seat in December, so, yeah it is healthy.

buckalis
05-12-2019, 11:44 AM

It may rather be that the Lakers hired Kidd so that he attracts Middleton and Giannis to the Lakers circus... :D

KobeOwnSU
05-12-2019, 11:59 AM
It may rather be that the Lakers hired Kidd so that he attracts Middleton and Giannis to the Lakers circus... :D

Middleton would be like option 10 this offseason. Giannis isn't leaving Milwaukee.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 12:13 PM
And for what itís worth, Zach Lowe of ESPN talked on his podcast about how core Milwaukee Bucks players ó unprompted ó credit Kidd for some of their development:

ďFor all the flack Jason Kidd took in Milwaukee, and I think a lot of it was deserved, his schemes were bad at the end and a lot of teams had figured them out, relationships had gotten frayed. (Still), the young players, who are now not the young players anymore, the core guys on the team, even if they had misgivings about Jason at the end, all of them say -- unprompted, you donít ask them -- Ďthe guy really taught us about winning, and how hard we would have to play, and that if we win, everybody is going to get rewarded.í

ďItís not a smokescreen, they have no reason to protect him anymore. Heís not there. They will tell you unprompted, Ďyou know, look, there are some things that went sideways, this and that, but the mentality he instilled in us about what mattered, how hard you had to play and what winning would mean to each of us as individuals.í That made an impact on them, for better or worse. Better, I think.Ē

rocket
05-12-2019, 12:15 PM

bc they aren't the Lakers anymore

rocket
05-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Middleton would be like option 10 this offseason. Giannis isn't leaving Milwaukee.

option 10? Yall bout to sign Ish Smith as option 3 :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 12:32 PM
stop baiting bro, just talk basketball.

rocket
05-12-2019, 01:52 PM
stop baiting bro, just talk basketball.

come on bruh not even close to baiting we been here too long. i'm just sharing my opinion don't take it like that

you can reply to those comments speaking basketball... what u tryna discuss?

KobeOwnSU
05-12-2019, 01:54 PM
option 10? Yall bout to sign Ish Smith as option 3 :laugh2:

Right.

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 02:29 PM
come on bruh not even close to baiting we been here too long. i'm just sharing my opinion don't take it like that

you can reply to those comments speaking basketball... what u tryna discuss?

ok it's all good.... I just wanted to see people's opinions on the hire, I really enjoy talking Bball

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 09:15 AM
Moral of the story, if you beat the dog **** out of your girl you will still be able to find a really good job like Kidd did.

SenileStern
05-13-2019, 09:17 AM
Beilein to Cleveland. Why couldn't the Lakers get him? Well respected coach and in a few years old enough to be replaced by Kidd, no backstabbing required.

LaVar Ball
05-14-2019, 01:52 AM
Beilein to Cleveland. Why couldn't the Lakers get him? Well respected coach and in a few years old enough to be replaced by Kidd, no backstabbing required.

ok

LaVar Ball
05-14-2019, 01:54 AM
Moral of the story, if you beat the dog **** out of your girl you will still be able to find a really good job like Kidd did.

People have to understand that was like 20 years ago people have to move the ***k on dude

Giannis94
05-14-2019, 05:02 AM
Wouldve been happier if it was just Vogel.

Maybe this is operation Giannis? :p
Opposite effect.. Kidd is fired and we go from a 6 seed to a 1 seed. Why would Giannis want to play with POS kidd again

SenileStern
05-14-2019, 08:15 AM
ok

ewing
05-14-2019, 08:22 AM

He is too good a coach for LA. That's LeBron's team. Frank will try to influence but let LeBron run the show. Beilein might have thought he had some authority

Scoots
05-14-2019, 11:17 AM
It's funny that the press is so desperate to stir up mess that they are reading something into Vogel's hiring press release not mentioning Kidd.

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 11:24 AM
People have to understand that was like 20 years ago people have to move the ***k on dude

**** no. Beat the **** out of his girl and she was peeing or throwing up blood and he told her he didnít give a ****. Heís a piece of **** and a p**** for beating up a woman.

IndyRealist
05-14-2019, 11:47 AM
It's disturbing what people will excuse when they're wearing your colors

WaDe03
05-14-2019, 12:00 PM
It's disturbing what people will excuse when they're wearing your colors

Exactly lol, unbelievable!

Giannis94
05-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Exactly lol, unbelievable!

It's the lakers. Kobe "allegedly" raped someone and they worship him.

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Seriously?

Tg11
05-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Why not just hire J Kidd as coach instead of as an assistant?

I wonder why Mark Jackson didn't get an interview or even a call? I mean what has Mark Jackson done to not get a job with the Lakers or with any team?

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 07:02 PM

I wonder why Mark Jackson didn't get an interview or even a call? I mean what has Mark Jackson done to not get a job with the Lakers or with any team?

Youíre already seeing the hate and backlash right now and this was a good hire... imagine if it was J Kidd as HC? This was a calculated decision and honestly, Iím happy with the choice, this is much better than Lue or Monty.. this hire in 5 years is going to look awesome..

GREATNESS ONE
05-14-2019, 07:02 PM
Also Mark Jackson got blackballed by the Warriors FO..

TrueFan420
05-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Mark Jackson was his own worst enemy. He stirred up ish in the lockerroom between players. He couldnít take criticism and his ego was massive. The warriors offered him the best assistants and he said no. He isnít good with X and Os. Heís an old school type that the game has passed by.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-mark-jackson-tried-to-turn-warriors-against-festus-ezeli-062215

Scoots
05-14-2019, 10:20 PM

Jackson hasn't had a single interview for any of the openings in all the years since he was fired. He works to get his name in the conversation but it's all just him selling himself and nobody is buying.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 10:22 PM

Nah. They did tell the truth about him which admittedly was bad for him, but Jackson had really damaged his rep quite a lot before he was fired.

Scoots
05-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Mark Jackson was his own worst enemy. He stirred up ish in the lockerroom between players. He couldnít take criticism and his ego was massive. The warriors offered him the best assistants and he said no. He isnít good with X and Os. Heís an old school type that the game has passed by.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-mark-jackson-tried-to-turn-warriors-against-festus-ezeli-062215

He also alienated his own staff to the point that they started recording his BS to play it for management, and he fired 2 assistant coaches during a season. He also was a part-time coach.

To his credit he was good for the confidence of the young players and he did prioritize defense, and his being good in front of a camera helped resurrect the Warriors reputation.

TrueFan420
05-15-2019, 12:06 AM
He also alienated his own staff to the point that they started recording his BS to play it for management, and he fired 2 assistant coaches during a season. He also was a part-time coach.

To his credit he was good for the confidence of the young players and he did prioritize defense, and his being good in front of a camera helped resurrect the Warriors reputation.

No doubt. He wasnít all bad but he wasnít some great coach like some like to make believe.