PDA

View Full Version : If the Rockets Lose This Series Without KD, Will This be a blemish for Harden & CP3?

LaVar Ball
05-10-2019, 11:24 AM
The argument last yr when CP3 went down in game 5 with a hammy injury that if he were healthy, the Rockets would've beaten the Warriors, with the Rockets having homecourt advantage.

Now the tables have turned and KD goes down in game 5 with the Warriors having homecourt advantage.

We can all agree that the best player amongst the 2 squads is Kevin Durant. But if the Rockets lose tonight on their home floor or game 7 Sunday at Oracle, without KD playing in either of these games, will this be the biggest chokejob and biggest blemish on the careers of both James Harden (who has become a regular season tease with his monster numbers but sucks in the playoffs) and Chris Paul (injury prone, disappearing act in the playoffs, signed a 4 yrs 160M deal) ??

Thoughts.

Driven
05-10-2019, 11:29 AM
CP3. Harden has time to erase the blemish.

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 11:34 AM
Yes but not as bad as hardens game 6 vs the Spurs minus Kawhi when ginobli made him his *****.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Nope. Not at all. Nearly ever chip is won at the expense of other teams issues..

Scoots
05-10-2019, 11:51 AM
No. The series started with their reps tarnished, if the lose it's nothing worse. If they win it helps them.

mightybosstone
05-10-2019, 11:54 AM
A few things to unravel here. First off, to answer the question of the titleóof course. This is a golden opportunity for them, and for two guys whose careers have been marred by that "postseason failure" narrative, losing this series now would be a really, really bad look.

That being said, I don't think we should be shocked if they lose, nor do I see the Warriors as this massive underdog. Even without Durant and Cousins, you're talking about a team whose top three guys are on par with any three players on the Rockets and who have more playoff experience than just about any three players in the league.

So while the Rockets should probably be favored to win the series at this point, they shouldn't be this massive favorite. Nor do I think a loss in this series would be the "biggest chokejob" or "biggest blemish" on either of their postseason resumes (barring something truly awful happening). Paul has had worse postseason moments in his career (losses against OKC and Houston in 2014 and 2015 stand out), and Harden's collapse against San Antonio in 2017 without Kawhi was pretty freaking awful.

They should win this series now. But that other team they're playing is pretty freaking good sans Durant. This is not gimmie...

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 11:55 AM
100%, they have 0 excuse not to get this done this time around and everyone is rooting for them to beat the Warriors

Giannis94
05-10-2019, 11:56 AM
100%, they have 0 excuse not to get this done this time around and everyone is rooting for them to beat the Warriors

Wholeheartedly agree with this. :hi5:

Chronz
05-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Cp3 might be washed man, hard for him to really make much headway in his career now, I'd definitely take him over Harden historically in the post season but there's still time for harden. This has easily been the best playoff performance of harden's career, he's had a fine series. Win or lose I think he's earned some respect. They should win but he just needs to go down swinging regardless

valade16
05-10-2019, 12:26 PM
They're down 3-2. They are already battling uphill. I don't think it negatively affects them more than them losing in this round already would have. Their perception as playoff chokers is already established. They can definitely help their legacy winning this series (and the title).

TrueFan420
05-10-2019, 01:00 PM
A few things to unravel here. First off, to answer the question of the titleóof course. This is a golden opportunity for them, and for two guys whose careers have been marred by that "postseason failure" narrative, losing this series now would be a really, really bad look.

That being said, I don't think we should be shocked if they lose, nor do I see the Warriors as this massive underdog. Even without Durant and Cousins, you're talking about a team whose top three guys are on par with any three players on the Rockets and who have more playoff experience than just about any three players in the league.

So while the Rockets should probably be favored to win the series at this point, they shouldn't be this massive favorite. Nor do I think a loss in this series would be the "biggest chokejob" or "biggest blemish" on either of their postseason resumes (barring something truly awful happening). Paul has had worse postseason moments in his career (losses against OKC and Houston in 2014 and 2015 stand out), and Harden's collapse against San Antonio in 2017 without Kawhi was pretty freaking awful.

They should win this series now. But that other team they're playing is pretty freaking good sans Durant. This is not gimmie...
Agreed

WhiteShadow42
05-10-2019, 01:21 PM
No. The series started with their reps tarnished, if the lose it's nothing worse. If they win it helps them.

yep they were both chokers to begin with. Last year CP3 had a great series. People forget that Golden State won 73 games without KD. If anything, Currys and Klays usage rate increases making them just as deadly.

buckalis
05-10-2019, 01:30 PM
I think that KD's injury has to some degree caused to the Rockets more problems that can affect their future...

I mean, if KD would play for the rest of this series and the Rockets lost, then things would be "normal"... But now, if they blow the opportunity there will be much questioning on their future potential, but there will be even more questioning if they win this series but loose the title...

I believe that the Rockets have been very busy on looking how they can beat the Warriors and they've totally ignored the rest of the competition... Basketball is a weird game, were the roster matches and mismatches against an opponent team are crucial for the result...

The Rockets roster matching formula is built around the idea to let the Warriors out match them in their strengths, but in return the Rockets to out match the Warriors in their strengths. But... if the Rockets take GSW out taking advantage of KD's injury, they won't have an "easy task" in the WCF against either the Nuggets or the Blezers, but more so, if they make it to the finals, I can't see how they stand a chance matching against the Bucks...

Cal827
05-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Yes but especially Paul. Harden's been good this year and has more years ahead of him. Also, that Spurs choke a few years back will take a bit to be matched for James :laugh2:

The narrative that the Rockets would've won last year with Paul doesn't help either. Now the rosters are pretty similar but this time Durant is down for the series. Now the narrative is turning into the healthy Rockets should take down the injured Warriors (even if it's closer than the media makes it think).

Chronz
05-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Serious question, is there any team that would actually welcome a CP3 trade? Would CP3 be content with any trade?

Cal827
05-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Serious question, is there any team that would actually welcome a CP3 trade? Would CP3 be content with any trade?

Lakers? :laugh2: I mean it's a dumpster fire there already, maybe join up with his buddy for a season for ****s and giggles.

Nobody wants to pay 40 million + for a older, regressing ***hole. I mean Kyrie might get offered that money, but GOD have mercy on those fools :laugh2:

mightybosstone
05-10-2019, 01:51 PM
I think that KD's injury has to some degree caused to the Rockets more problems that can affect their future...

I mean, if KD would play for the rest of this series and the Rockets lost, then things would be "normal"... But now, if they blow the opportunity there will be much questioning on their future potential, but there will be even more questioning if they win this series but loose the title...

I believe that the Rockets have been very busy on looking how they can beat the Warriors and they've totally ignored the rest of the competition... Basketball is a weird game, were the roster matches and mismatches against an opponent team are crucial for the result...

The Rockets roster matching formula is built around the idea to let the Warriors out match them in their strengths, but in return the Rockets to out match the Warriors in their strengths. But... if the Rockets take GSW out taking advantage of KD's injury, they won't have an "easy task" in the WCF against either the Nuggets or the Blezers, but more so, if they make it to the finals, I can't see how they stand a chance matching against the Bucks...

I'm not saying the regular season is always the best indicator of postseason performance, but the Rockets have pretty much owned the Nuggets for years. They won the season series 3-1, with the lone loss coming in a game without Capela or Nene and their three wins coming by a combined 49 points. Trust me when I say the Rockets would very much like to face the Nuggets in the Finals.

Milwaukee is admittedly a concern, but the Bucks are going to have a tough opponent ahead as well, so you're kinda jumping the gun on assuming they're making the Finals. I do think you're being a bit arrogant so suggest the Rockets wouldn't stand a chance against them. They only played each other twice in the regular season, and one of those games was without CP3. The other loss, Tucker and Gordon (who've been playing exceptionally well in the postseason) shot a combined 1-16 from the floor.

Nunuu
05-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Its not like the Rockets should blow out the dubs now because KD went down. This is the same team that won 73 games without him on the roster, they are still capable of winning the title without him. Which is why everyone has such a problem with them.

Chronz
05-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Its not like the Rockets should blow out the dubs now because KD went down. This is the same team that won 73 games without him on the roster, they are still capable of winning the title without him. Which is why everyone has such a problem with them.

They lost barnes tho

Chronz
05-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Lakers? :laugh2: I mean it's a dumpster fire there already, maybe join up with his buddy for a season for ****s and giggles.

Nobody wants to pay 40 million + for a older, regressing ***hole. I mean Kyrie might get offered that money, but GOD have mercy on those fools :laugh2:

They would but only if they already had their set core. I'd love him back in LA but maybe the cost might scare them.

Teams that could use him are too cost conscious, teams that would be ok with taking the financial hit to endure a rebuild already have pg prospects.

It has to be a team that has no free agency hope, is already ugly in the payroll department and has a sense he could help them improve. If AD hadn't forced a trade, I could see them taking a chance and bringing him back. I would love him with Pop but they aren't realistic.

Nunuu
05-10-2019, 02:41 PM
They lost barnes tho

lol?

buckalis
05-10-2019, 02:49 PM
I'm not saying the regular season is always the best indicator of postseason performance, but the Rockets have pretty much owned the Nuggets for years. They won the season series 3-1, with the lone loss coming in a game without Capela or Nene and their three wins coming by a combined 49 points. Trust me when I say the Rockets would very much like to face the Nuggets in the Finals.

Yes, I also think that the Blazers match better against the Rockets than the Nuggets do, but again... There may as well be the Blazers in the WCF...

Milwaukee is admittedly a concern, but the Bucks are going to have a tough opponent ahead as well, so you're kinda jumping the gun on assuming they're making the Finals.

I really don't have that concern... The Raptors could perhaps do two wins against the Bucks if they had Anunoby's additional help coming from bench... As it is, they can't achieve even two... If against the Sixers OTOH, it will most probably be a sweep... This season the playoffs in the East were a much similar situation to the West... The Bucks vs. Celtics was the finals (given Anunoby's absence)...

I do think you're being a bit arrogant so suggest the Rockets wouldn't stand a chance against them. They only played each other twice in the regular season, and one of those games was without CP3. The other loss, Tucker and Gordon (who've been playing exceptionally well in the postseason) shot a combined 1-16 from the floor.

You are again misjudging things... The Rockets didn't have CP3 in the first game they lost, but neither the Bucks had George Hill and Nikola Mirotic they now do. As of the 2nd game the Rockets lost, the players you mention shooting 1-16, it was a consequence of the Bucks "all over the place" defense and additionally the Bucks were in their worst situation injury wise, with both Brogdon and Mirotic out... Therefore it may be overoptimism from your side when you see arrogance in me saying that the "Rockets don't stand a chance" against the Bucks... The Rockets are matched well against the Bucks guards, but totally out matched against the Bucks forwards...

COOLbeans
05-10-2019, 02:54 PM
They lost barnes tho

And Barbosa, Speights, Ian Clark and the role players there now, especially Livingston and Bogut, have noticeably regressed. This is a different team, and especially without their starting SF Barnes

Scoots
05-10-2019, 02:55 PM
They lost barnes tho

They lost half the team. Should still win though.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 02:56 PM
And Barbosa, Speights, Ian Clark and the role players there now, especially Livingston and Bogut, have noticeably regressed. This is a different team, and especially without their starting SF Barnes

I think Durant replaces some of that massive production you guys lost

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 02:57 PM

as does every dynasty. You guys act like losing some aging bench guys is brand new

Chronz
05-10-2019, 02:59 PM
lol?

Hes a 20ppg type who has helped unlock their small ball lineups in the past

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 03:01 PM

he's just a douche who didn't go to Iowa

COOLbeans
05-10-2019, 03:02 PM
I think Durant replaces some of that massive production you guys lost

The problem is that the top guys are clearly playing too many minutes. they donít have a solid 8 man rotation which is what they benefited from during that 73 win season (strength in numbers). But yes, youíre right from a talent and contribution perspective, Durant is a net positive,

but if you really look at the production data, their seasons and playoffs after acquiring Durant, itís been tougher to win and the games have been much closer. Itís been harder for them to sustain large leads without the strength in numbers reality and the ball flowing through Steph. Theyíd blow trans out and have other guys who could come in and play the 4the quarter. They donít have that now

COOLbeans
05-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Barnes could play the 2-4 spots. And played them well on the defensive end. He could also score from the block and proficient in creating matchup problems. Nothing like Durant, but with other bench guys, this created serious problems for the league

Chronz
05-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Meh, that's like run of mill turnover tbh. Most teams lose those min guys. I do think the dubs played themselves with how cheap they got with what's his face from last year.

I doubt the rockets run harden ragged again, there should be more time for benches this game

Nunuu
05-10-2019, 03:08 PM

I know who he is he played college ball at UNC....

Im just saying is this a serious excuse? They still have Curry, Green, and Thompson last i checked.....

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 03:35 PM
The problem is that the top guys are clearly playing too many minutes. they donít have a solid 8 man rotation which is what they benefited from during that 73 win season (strength in numbers). But yes, youíre right from a talent and contribution perspective, Durant is a net positive,

but if you really look at the production data, their seasons and playoffs after acquiring Durant, itís been tougher to win and the games have been much closer. Itís been harder for them to sustain large leads without the strength in numbers reality and the ball flowing through Steph. Theyíd blow trans out and have other guys who could come in and play the 4the quarter. They donít have that now

would 29 other teams trade rosters with you? If the answer is an easy yes, your keystrokes are wasted. The answer is yes btw

COOLbeans
05-10-2019, 03:39 PM
would 29 other teams trade rosters with you? If the answer is an easy yes, your keystrokes are wasted. The answer is yes btw

Sure. But Iíd trade this team as currently constructed for a re-tooled 2016 team

Nunuu
05-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Sure. But Iíd trade this team as currently constructed for a re-tooled 2016 team

You got re-tooled when you all added Durant. Team full of tools...

valade16
05-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Well you'll get your chance this summer when KD and Boogie leave. It'll essentially be a re-tooled 2016 team.

COOLbeans
05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Well you'll get your chance this summer when KD and Boogie leave. It'll essentially be a re-tooled 2016 team.

My only concern is finding someone as long and smart as Shaun Livingston. Heís an underrated contributor. He can switch, can shoot the turnaround 10 footer, and is a winner. He and eventually Iguodala will be hard to replace. Thatís why they shouldíve went hard in signing Tyreek Evans or someone like that. But he turned down the mid level

Scoots
05-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Meh, that's like run of mill turnover tbh. Most teams lose those min guys. I do think the dubs played themselves with how cheap they got with what's his face from last year.

I doubt the rockets run harden ragged again, there should be more time for benches this game

They could have (and would have) brought most of them back if they didn't need to clear the money for KD.

Who did they get cheap with?

Vee-Rex
05-10-2019, 08:37 PM

I don't know, I think production is winning. And the 2017 Dubs with Durant went 16-1 in the playoffs. Even the 73-win team couldn't pull that off.

What you, and 23408923408234092348523094820349823089402938r50238 5023954203495823059gakjjfkasjdfaldjkfal;jf other Golden State fans do is compare the 2016 regular season Dubs to everything else.

They were not that good. The 2016 playoffs showed it as they escaped the WCF by a hair and lost in the finals.

ewing
05-10-2019, 09:37 PM
I don't know, I think production is winning. And the 2017 Dubs with Durant went 16-1 in the playoffs. Even the 73-win team couldn't pull that off.

What you, and 23408923408234092348523094820349823089402938r50238 5023954203495823059gakjjfkasjdfaldjkfal;jf other Golden State fans do is compare the 2016 regular season Dubs to everything else.

They were not that good. The 2016 playoffs showed it as they escaped the WCF by a hair and lost in the finals.

Great post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
05-11-2019, 12:10 AM

What's funny about that is that in 2016 I pointed out their flaws and was told by other fans that I was an idiot. And I almost never see Warriors fans bring up 2016, but other teams fans bring it up all the time.

numba1CHANGsta
05-11-2019, 12:14 AM
You canít spell Houston Rockets without
C-H-O-K-E-R-S lmao

LaVar Ball
05-11-2019, 12:24 AM
Teams need to stop hiring Mike Antoni. He is utter garbage

lakerfan85
05-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Lebron will be a Rocket come opening night..

Dade County
05-11-2019, 12:49 AM
GS to me is still the best team and they should win another title even if KD doesnít come back. Of course they will force some game 6 & 7ís; but at the end of the day, if the suits let them play, GS wins it all.

nastynice
05-11-2019, 02:31 AM

Good post.

Same with cousins, all year been hearing some people bring up this stat and that stat, none of that mattered, playoff time with cousins we are better. Period. He's a borderline elite center that allows different looks for different matchups in any given series.

nastynice
05-11-2019, 02:33 AM
What's funny about that is that in 2016 I pointed out their flaws and was told by other fans that I was an idiot. And I almost never see Warriors fans bring up 2016, but other teams fans bring it up all the time.

Yea, okc was kinda better than us that year. That was a hell of a year tho, wire to wire

likemystylez
05-11-2019, 02:36 AM

hopefully a game like tonight will help show kd how lucky he is to be on a team that has his back..... and he can count on to hold down the fort when he has to miss time

More-Than-Most
05-11-2019, 06:55 AM
at this point there is no defending harden period or cp3... this is hilariously bad... they got beat by klay/dray/iggy 95 percent of the game and had curry finish them off after not being able to take the lead over the warriors in the first half when carry had 0 points 3 fouls and 3 turnovers....... really think about that... No KD... No curry and they couldnt go up big in the first half.

nastynice
05-11-2019, 07:05 AM
at this point there is no defending harden period or cp3... this is hilariously bad... they got beat by klay/dray/iggy 95 percent of the game and had curry finish them off after not being able to take the lead over the warriors in the first half when carry had 0 points 3 fouls and 3 turnovers....... really think about that... No KD... No curry and they couldnt go up big in the first half.

They were in cruise control the first half. They were already thinking about game 7.

likemystylez
05-11-2019, 09:19 AM

warriors got pounded at home against dallas a little over a month ago. And that was the warriors with durant and cousins.

likemystylez
05-11-2019, 09:26 AM
My only concern is finding someone as long and smart as Shaun Livingston. Heís an underrated contributor. He can switch, can shoot the turnaround 10 footer, and is a winner. He and eventually Iguodala will be hard to replace. Thatís why they shouldíve went hard in signing Tyreek Evans or someone like that. But he turned down the mid level

maybe a tier or 2 down, but could the warriors consider Austin Rivers as a back up combo guard? Not sure if he would demand the full midlevel or just a portion of it as he is about to be entering his prime and might want to get himself as big of a contract as possible

SiteWolf
05-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Harden knows exactly what the Rockets need to do to beat the Warriors.
He's just not telling us what he thinks that is.

Nunuu
05-11-2019, 10:07 AM
And there it is, you have a team that is so stacked that your best player gets hurt and you still beat the 2nd best team in your conference.

Chronz
05-11-2019, 10:33 AM
They could have (and would have) brought most of them back if they didn't need to clear the money for KD.

Who did they get cheap with?
I stand by my statement.

That guy who was in Cleveland, something funny happened with their 10 day contracts and now he's in Toronto. Totally can't be bothered to look him up but you know the guy

Chronz
05-11-2019, 10:34 AM
warriors got pounded at home against dallas a little over a month ago. And that was the warriors with durant and cousins.

Irrelevant

Chronz
05-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Good post.

Same with cousins, all year been hearing some people bring up this stat and that stat, none of that mattered, playoff time with cousins we are better. Period. He's a borderline elite center that allows different looks for different matchups in any given series.
Houston prolly wishes you had him

JAZZNC
05-11-2019, 11:42 AM
The two biggest playoff failures of this generation just added another feather to their cap. Anybody who tries to defend Harden/Paul in any fashion is just being a homer. They have proven time after time, year after year that when it matters most their teams will lose. They we're gift wrapped a chance to at least force a Game 7 and couldn't get it done. And nobody wants to hear a bunch of BS about role players not doing this or that. You're the MVP, you're the supposed "Point God"......it's on you two.

You can literally see Harden get all yippy. I was hoping this was the year he broke through but nope.

TrueFan420
05-11-2019, 12:13 PM
I stand by my statement.

That guy who was in Cleveland, something funny happened with their 10 day contracts and now he's in Toronto. Totally can't be bothered to look him up but you know the guy
Youíre thinking of Patrick McCaw. But I donít know if Iíd say they got cheap with him. They offered him the tender on his rookie deal. He wanted a multi year deal and more PT. Neither of those things were going to be guaranteed in oakland. We did the same with Looney.

Nunuu
05-11-2019, 12:40 PM
hopefully a game like tonight will help show kd how lucky he is to be on a team that has his back..... and he can count on to hold down the fort when he has to miss time

More like hopefully he realizes the team doesn't need him to win and finally understand why people have been giving him so much ****.

R. Johnson#3
05-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Itís definitely a blemish for both of them but people are so quick to forget just how long this Warriors team has been together. Guys like Iggy, Livingston and Looney have all been around for the last 4 or 5 years and it just so happens all 3 of those guys stepped up yesterday. Iggy is a baller too. Heís much like Manu in the sense that heís great basketball player but has sacrificed for the betterment of the team.

buckalis
05-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Both the Rockets & Celtics disqualification from the 2nd round as well as the OKC disqualification in the 1st round, will surely affect the entire league's "looks"... Especially as it is combined with 200+ FAs being available in the market and with Antony Davis being available through trade and most probably R. Westbrook and/or Paul George too...

Raps18-19 Champ
05-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Not really.

They've been **** on so much that a loss wouldn't be the end of the world.

TrueFan420
05-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Itís definitely a blemish for both of them but people are so quick to forget just how long this Warriors team has been together. Guys like Iggy, Livingston and Looney have all been around for the last 4 or 5 years and it just so happens all 3 of those guys stepped up yesterday. Iggy is a baller too. Heís much like Manu in the sense that heís great basketball player but has sacrificed for the betterment of the team.

People blasted Kerr for moving Iggy to the bench for Barnes too.

R. Johnson#3
05-11-2019, 01:46 PM
People blasted Kerr for moving Iggy to the bench for Barnes too.

And boy were they wrong.

Scoots
05-11-2019, 02:19 PM
maybe a tier or 2 down, but could the warriors consider Austin Rivers as a back up combo guard? Not sure if he would demand the full midlevel or just a portion of it as he is about to be entering his prime and might want to get himself as big of a contract as possible

God no.

Scoots
05-11-2019, 02:20 PM
I stand by my statement.

McCaw?

Scoots
05-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Youíre thinking of Patrick McCaw. But I donít know if Iíd say they got cheap with him. They offered him the tender on his rookie deal. He wanted a multi year deal and more PT. Neither of those things were going to be guaranteed in oakland. We did the same with Looney.

They actually offered him well more than the tender ... he just couldn't deal with the pressure of playing on the Warriors.

TrueFan420
05-11-2019, 02:50 PM
They actually offered him well more than the tender ... he just couldn't deal with the pressure of playing on the Warriors.

There was rumor he was offered a 2 year deal but I donít believe numbers were released. Otherwise we did offer the tender. He said no. He should have stayed another year maybe two and he could have potentially broken out like Looney who will get a big contract this off-season. But heís young and wanted PT. He took a gamble and it didnít work.

ewing
05-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Good post.

Cousins sucks

Scoots
05-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Cousins sucks

He did a good job on Jokic.

Chronz
05-11-2019, 04:44 PM
There was rumor he was offered a 2 year deal but I donít believe numbers were released. Otherwise we did offer the tender. He said no. He should have stayed another year maybe two and he could have potentially broken out like Looney who will get a big contract this off-season. But heís young and wanted PT. He took a gamble and it didnít work.

I gotta check the time machine on this one, I just know plenty of the talking heads bring it up

Chronz
05-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Nah dude, that's just how ***** kd is. Let this please be the end of you calling out Giannis or anyone else about how much help they got

Scoots
05-11-2019, 09:41 PM
I gotta check the time machine on this one, I just know plenty of the talking heads bring it up

McCaw didn't want to play for the Warriors and thought someone would offer him big money. I'd say he got bad advice but his agent and father both made it public that he wasn't listening to them.

ewing
05-11-2019, 09:55 PM
He did a good job on Jokic.

Still sucks. He wonít get bullied by Joker but heíd get murdered by everyone in screen roll.

Scoots
05-11-2019, 11:06 PM
Still sucks. He wonít get bullied by Joker but heíd get murdered by everyone in screen roll.

Unfortunately that's a skill the Warriors will need against the Nuggets.

He sucks at $30M+ a year ... at $5M+ a year he's great.

buckalis
05-12-2019, 03:31 PM
CP3 for (expiring) Mozgov and Fournier with the Magic would have high chances to work this off season... It's not a good trade for the Rockets, but they'll only miss another season until they are "back on track"... OTOH, they may not even miss the season at all if they move another asset of theirs and add Mozgov and a pick as a "salary filler"...

Chronz
05-12-2019, 04:24 PM
CP3 for (expiring) Mozgov and Fournier with the Magic would have high chances to work this off season... It's not a good trade for the Rockets, but they'll only miss another season until they are "back on track"... OTOH, they may not even miss the season at all if they move another asset of theirs and add Mozgov and a pick as a "salary filler"...

Orlando does need a PG, then the Rockets trade Mozgov+1st for JR's sooner expiring contract and they save millions. I think they would rather give it another go than lose CP3+1st for nothing tho..

Heediot
05-12-2019, 06:35 PM
They will give Fultz a shot next year, so I think Orlando would pass.

buckalis
05-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Orlando does need a PG, then the Rockets trade Mozgov+1st for JR's sooner expiring contract and they save millions. I think they would rather give it another go than lose CP3+1st for nothing tho..

Actually JR Smith isn't on an expiring for next season... His next season contract is guarranteed for only 3M... He either takes 3M before July the 1st and becomes a FA, or he gets the salary and is under contract for another season... It practically means that the Cavs would be happy to save that 3M they have to pay to release him if somebody else pays it.... This can only be achieved if JR Smith agrees to buy back his contract and then signs a new one under a "sign and trade" deal... In this case, his new team will pay him and write on their books his new contract, but his value in the trade will be his previous salary.

Chronz
05-13-2019, 06:56 AM
Actually JR Smith isn't on an expiring for next season... His next season contract is guarranteed for only 3M... He either takes 3M before July the 1st and becomes a FA, or he gets the salary and is under contract for another season... It practically means that the Cavs would be happy to save that 3M they have to pay to release him if somebody else pays it.... This can only be achieved if JR Smith agrees to buy back his contract and then signs a new one under a "sign and trade" deal... In this case, his new team will pay him and write on their books his new contract, but his value in the trade will be his previous salary.

nah man, im pretty sure thats all wrong