PDA

View Full Version : Game 7s thread... This is why the nba is the best league in the world.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 02:14 AM
2 game 7s sunday and possibly 1 monday if the rockets do their job... 3 out of 4 series could go game 7... lets ****ing gooooo... win or lose its nice not to have the same 2 teams in the finals yet again.... Any chance we can just have 1 sunday game thread right here for all 4 teams?

kobe4thewinbang
05-10-2019, 03:07 AM
:jumpy:

Yeah, Game 7s are awesome. A chill in the air, for sure. Can't believe how badly the Raptors are doing compared to the Bucks. I think they're going to get killed if they even can beat the 76ers. 76ers are a frustrating team, I'll say also. I wish they could put it all together. I might even enjoy 76ers/Bucks more. It's nice seeing Embiid and Giannis go at it.

I hope the Rockets can make it to 7...

Prediction: Raptors win a close one, maybe by 8-10 as they pull away, with a big game by Leonard (40+). Kawhi has been amazing. Dude just has no frickin' help. The last game they won, everybody chipped in a bit but he was still clearly the top contributor. Lowry's been atrocious. Siakam, where you at? Is he good to go? I know he played despite that injury in Game 4, but haven't watched Game 5 or 6 yet. I don't see how the Raptors and Ujiri can be confident that Kawhi sees potential in this unit. Maybe and only maybe if they find a taker for Lowry or other pieces. If they lose game 7, then I'd say it's definitely not happening. Lowry isn't even hurt, so if he's foolish enough to come back, then watch: next season Lowry will get hurt again.

Nuggets/Portland: I mean, it's a toss-up. Both teams are just firing away, blowing games. I don't think either one stands a chance against Houston/Golden State, but it'll be a good game to watch. I like the young bloods in Denver, but Lillard's been on fire and CJ has had his moments too. Murray is starting to develop too. I say Nuggets win a close one, with Lillard or CJ not able to make the big shots they've been making late.

:cheers:

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 05:13 AM
yea i thought the raptors would give the bucks trouble because of their defense but the bucks all around just have insane amount of weapons... sixers match up better vs the bucks as long as the refs stay out of it... see our last 2 games against the bucks where giannis had 41 FTA in 2 games and they went 1-1 lololol... As for as the nuggets/blazers i pray the blazers win because i know the warriors will win and the nuggets as much as i love that have 0 shot against the warriors... Hell Id rather the bucks win a title over the warriors.

Giannis94
05-10-2019, 07:53 AM
yea i thought the raptors would give the bucks trouble because of their defense but the bucks all around just have insane amount of weapons... sixers match up better vs the bucks as long as the refs stay out of it... see our last 2 games against the bucks where giannis had 41 FTA in 2 games and they went 1-1 lololol... As for as the nuggets/blazers i pray the blazers win because i know the warriors will win and the nuggets as much as i love that have 0 shot against the warriors... Hell Id rather the bucks win a title over the warriors.
NBA won't let the bucks beat the warriors

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 08:07 AM
NBA won't let the bucks beat the warriors

I agree... not kidding.

Giannis94
05-10-2019, 08:15 AM
I agree... not kidding.

The nba higher ups are full of *******. You think they can really let a Denver /Portland / Houston finals happen vs. MKE / TOR / PHILLY when ratings are already down what 27%? **** no.

Driven
05-10-2019, 09:23 AM
Then why would they let Milwaukee get to the finals? I'm sorry, but they are not going to be a draw even with Giannis. Philly would be their best option from the East.

A Houston/Philly or Houston/Toronto finals would draw pretty big for them, too.

Giannis94
05-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Then why would they let Milwaukee get to the finals? I'm sorry, but they are not going to be a draw even with Giannis. Philly would be their best option from the East.

A Houston/Philly or Houston/Toronto finals would draw pretty big for them, too.

Donaghy ****ed us in a ECF vs Philly in the past. Time to be fair and play fair is fair

Driven
05-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Also, ratings are now down 8%. Wouldn't be surprised to see this number continue to get closer to 0 if we get three Game 7s in the second round.

Not only do they not have LeBron this year, but you don't have LeBron on the east coast.

Giannis94
05-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Also, ratings are now down 8%. Wouldn't be surprised to see this number continue to get closer to 0 if we get three Game 7s in the second round.

Not only do they not have LeBron this year, but you don't have LeBron on the east coast.

I wouldn't be shocked if lebron is back in the east next year. Psd home page says that Jeanie busses closest people are urging her to trade lebron.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 09:50 AM
actually, NHL playoffs take a massive dump on the NBA playoffs....but nobody outside MN and a few sparse areas of the US cares about hockey, so..

warfelg
05-10-2019, 09:56 AM
actually, NHL playoffs take a massive dump on the NBA playoffs....but nobody outside MN and a few sparse areas of the US cares about hockey, so..

Agreed but the NHL stole my Hartford Whalers from me so screw them.

Scoots
05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
I agree... not kidding.

I don't think the NBA cares who wins the finals. They want major cities to get to it then they want 7 games.

Driven
05-10-2019, 10:06 AM
I don't think the NBA cares who wins the finals. They want major cities to get to it then they want 7 games.

100%. Major markets and major stars + 7 games = ratings.

Scoots
05-10-2019, 10:16 AM
NHL playoffs have been awesome.

Scoots
05-10-2019, 10:25 AM
The NBA might mess up the Nuggets game 7 if they suspend Barton

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 10:42 AM

always are...

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Theyíve been ok :p

Hard for me to completely wrap up and get into it without my LA Kingís in it..

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 10:53 AM
The NBA might mess up the Nuggets game 7 if they suspend Barton

Lol what?

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Hoping for one more game 7.... letís goooo ROCKETS!!

crewfan13
05-10-2019, 11:18 AM

I would tend to agree, but in the nba in general, I'm not sure market size matters as much as it used to. They want stars. Ideally those stars are in major media markets, but it's a player driven league. Cleveland wasn't a major market but lebron drove the league. Obviously Durant and curry are the only names that are truly on lebrons level for drawing fans, but I don't think the NBA would hate names over market size. I think giannis, embiid and harden would all be name draws. Kawhi probably gets some too but he just doesn't have the charisma and off the court allure of the others.

If given the choice, im sure they'd take LeBron in the finals over a nameless New York team, but I could be wrong.

Driven
05-10-2019, 11:27 AM
The only one of those four who are known outside of NBA circles in Harden, and he's not Steph or LeBron. Harden, Embiid and Kawhi also play for big markets.

Cleveland drew with LeBron against Golden State, but that's an outlier. Literally the two biggest superstars in the game by a wide margin. Since 2010, when ratings started to rise due to Boston and the Lakers (who also had Kobe), the lowest draws were San Antonio, Dallas, and OKC. All against LeBron, too. Without LeBron or Curry in the finals, the NBA needs to hope a big market makes the Finals because there isn't any other player that's a bonafide superstar like those two.

As great as the Spurs franchise is, and as many stars as they've had, the NBA must root against them making the finals every time they do.

Scoots
05-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I would tend to agree, but in the nba in general, I'm not sure market size matters as much as it used to. They want stars. Ideally those stars are in major media markets, but it's a player driven league. Cleveland wasn't a major market but lebron drove the league. Obviously Durant and curry are the only names that are truly on lebrons level for drawing fans, but I don't think the NBA would hate names over market size. I think giannis, embiid and harden would all be name draws. Kawhi probably gets some too but he just doesn't have the charisma and off the court allure of the others.

If given the choice, im sure they'd take LeBron in the finals over a nameless New York team, but I could be wrong.

That is true ... if they had a choice of LeBron and Michael Jordan playing in the finals from two tiny towns in North Dakota or last years Knicks vs last years Lakers (without LeBron), they may choose the to ND teams :)

Chronz
05-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Do you remember what you were thinking the last time the Sixers were in a game 7 vs the raps with the bucks waiting for them?

SteBO
05-10-2019, 12:19 PM
A shame I can't invest in NHL, but that league isn't nearly as predictable and isn't wussified like the NBA has become. NHL playoffs have always struck me as superior.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 05:48 PM
A shame I can't invest in NHL, but that league isn't nearly as predictable and isn't wussified like the NBA has become. NHL playoffs have always struck me as superior.

Until it comes to ratings..

ewing
05-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Shame that all these games are on Motherís Day. My mom doesnít watch the NBA. Anyway gl to fans of all teams. Iíve enjoyed this round and even though I mess with some of the fans (especially the Philly fans) all these teams deserve to be here and you guys do make it a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal827
05-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Do you remember what you were thinking the last time the Sixers were in a game 7 vs the raps with the bucks waiting for them?

I do! I was wondering why everyone was mad at Vince for going to his graduation... then I saw him miss a bunch of shots including the buzzer shot and I understood why :laugh2:

More-Than-Most
05-11-2019, 07:05 AM

yup... inverson is gonna shoot it 40 times and score 50 and we will lose lol... i was never ever a fan of iverson... he is just a taller version of kyrie but actually played hard every second he was on the court... that i can and will always give iverson credit for... dude laid it out there every single time he played

If Embiid/Ben had half the hart iverson had with the talent they have we would legit win a championship.

Scoots
05-11-2019, 12:21 PM
yup... inverson is gonna shoot it 40 times and score 50 and we will lose lol... i was never ever a fan of iverson... he is just a taller version of kyrie but actually played hard every second he was on the court... that i can and will always give iverson credit for... dude laid it out there every single time he played

If Embiid/Ben had half the hart iverson had with the talent they have we would legit win a championship.

*shorter

Iverson was a beast, but he never played much of a team game. The ultimate playground game.