beasted86
05-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Looks serious. Updates to come soon.

NYKnickFanatic
05-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Nooo 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

beasted86
05-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Sideline reporter just said right calf injury, early word is no Achilles but it appears doubtful he returns tonight

Cal827
05-09-2019, 12:39 AM
Hopefully that's it

Regardless, he's out this game, and good chance that he'd be limited in the next one

beasted86
05-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Hopefully that's it

Regardless, he's out this game, and good chance that he'd be limited in the next one

Yeah. Whatever it is still very significant regardless.

LakerClipperFan
05-09-2019, 01:51 AM
Hopefully he makes a full return by Game 6 or 7 if necessary. Houston missed a huge opportunity tonight.

Scoots
05-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Warriors down two starters. Not good.

buckalis
05-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Looks serious. Updates to come soon.

It's not serious... He immediately grabs his Achilles just to make sure it's OK... If it was his Achilles, he would never had left the court walking...

Wes Mantooth
05-09-2019, 10:21 AM
I don't wish injury on anyone. That said I just want the dynasty Warriors to split up so the NBA can be interesting again. What would it take? Let's say KD is done for the year, but the Warriors go on to win it all anyway. Wouldn't that be the insult that get's KD to sign somewhere else?

buckalis
05-09-2019, 10:36 AM
I don't wish injury on anyone. That said I just want the dynasty Warriors to split up so the NBA can be interesting again. What would it take? Let's say KD is done for the year, but the Warriors go on to win it all anyway. Wouldn't that be the insult that get's KD to sign somewhere else?

IMO, the Warriors have brought a lot of positive to modern basketball... they've set a reference standard which is the model for other teams to catch up with... Having competition is good, but only if the level is higher up... Having competition by lowering the standards of performance is meaningless...

Imagine if in the 100m finals race in the Olympics the winner would do more than 10secs?

warfelg
05-09-2019, 10:51 AM
It's not serious... He immediately grabs his Achilles just to make sure it's OK... If it was his Achilles, he would never had left the court walking...

Sure...
https://youtu.be/zKiQsg-8nEM

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Sure...
https://youtu.be/zKiQsg-8nEM

Thatís one of the toughest competitors this game has ever seen... Kobe played with broken fingers...

buckalis
05-09-2019, 11:43 AM
Honest! I have kept my fingers crossed that the Warriors will loose before they reach the West finals, because I then think that the Bucks have everybody else "in their pocket"... But I wanted GSW to loose "straight"... not to be "crippled"... As it is, I wish KD is fine even if it means us playing GSW in the finals and loose...

Vee-Rex
05-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Honest! I have kept my fingers crossed that the Warriors will loose before they reach the West finals, because I then think that the Bucks have everybody else "in their pocket"... But I wanted GSW to loose "straight"... not to be "crippled"... As it is, I wish KD is fine even if it means us playing GSW in the finals and loose...

Yep, I feel this and am in agreement.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 01:20 PM
mehh, I kinda hope he sits out the rest of this series so Houston can win and completely open up these playoffs....

Chronz
05-09-2019, 01:21 PM
Yeah even I can't admit I want him injured but I will admit, this is the least ****s ive given about a potentially title swinging injury. That guy deserves what little bad karma he gets. Straight NBA *****

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Thatís one of the toughest competitors this game has ever seen... Kobe played with broken fingers...

Not as hard as it sounds brother.

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Yeah even I can't admit I want him injured but I will admit, this is the least ****s ive given about a potentially title swinging injury. That guy deserves what little bad karma he gets. Straight NBA *****

Same. Idgaf if heís injured, itís **** him unless he comes to Miami lol. ***** *** *****

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 02:04 PM
I hope it's not career injury but man, it would really make the playoffs a lot of fun if the GSW lose Durant for the playoffs....

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 03:00 PM

The way the Warriors have been playing so far, your Bucks have a great chance regardless.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 03:04 PM
I hope it's not career injury but man, it would really make the playoffs a lot of fun if the GSW lose Durant for the playoffs....

Totally agree. I'm actually rooting for the Bucks. Better for the NBA if they win. Also I finally get to see a bunch of Giannis games.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Totally agree. I'm actually rooting for the Bucks. Better for the NBA if they win. Also I finally get to see a bunch of Giannis games.

I would be happy to see anyone else win the championship.... Giannis is highly likable, just some of their posters are soo ........ :crazy:

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 03:15 PM
I would be happy to see anyone else win the championship.... Giannis is highly likable, just some of their posters are soo ........ :crazy:

LOL. We have to brace ourselves in the Lakers forum if the Bucks win. There will be legendary amounts of trolling after that.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 03:16 PM
LOL. We have to brace ourselves in the Lakers forum if the Bucks win. There will be legendary amounts of trolling after that.

the dupes will triple!!!

buckalis
05-09-2019, 03:17 PM
The way the Warriors have been playing so far, your Bucks have a great chance regardless.

20-25%... 30% the most after the psychological "injection" the Bucks have lately... I know too much basketball as to be delusional...

It will take:

1. Giannis being in his best ever
2. The rest of the roster at its best ever
3. Our bench "crushing" theirs... (the easier part)

if thy are only on their "standard" mode (with KD on the floor)...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-09-2019, 03:39 PM
KD is out for the remainder of this series. Will be reevaluated next week. Calf strain.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-09-2019, 03:41 PM
I wish KD a full recovery, but I'm glad he wont be returning this series. James harden litterally has to be a shark in the water rn!

Driven
05-09-2019, 03:52 PM
I wish KD a full recovery, but I'm glad he wont be returning this series. James harden litterally has to be a shark in the water rn!

It's eerily similar to what happened last year with the Rockets. Obviously CP3 was not Durant (although he was playing well last year), but more so that the Warriors are short handed now. Houston played well in Game 6 and 7 last year, but lost both games in the second half. Fatigue was a huge issue. How do you bench either Curry or Thompson for rest? When you do, who else steps up? Houston will have literally one guy to guard on the perimeter in those situations. What does Golden State do on defense? Thompson is now their best perimeter defender. He, Green and Curry are going to have to work even more on defense.

I'm assuming Livingston and Looney will be the guys who replace Durant's minutes. Livingston has been horrible in the series, but obviously has the experience and ability to step up. Looney is hit or miss.

The one guy licking his chops right now should be Clint Capela. This completely changes the Warriors offense and he now should be able to contribute in a huge role.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-09-2019, 04:00 PM
It's eerily similar to what happened last year with the Rockets. Obviously CP3 was not Durant (although he was playing well last year), but more so that the Warriors are short handed now. Houston played well in Game 6 and 7 last year, but lost both games in the second half. Fatigue was a huge issue. How do you bench either Curry or Thompson for rest? When you do, who else steps up? Houston will have literally one guy to guard on the perimeter in those situations. What does Golden State do on defense? Thompson is now their best perimeter defender. He, Green and Curry are going to have to work even more on defense.

I'm assuming Livingston and Looney will be the guys who replace Durant's minutes. Livingston has been horrible in the series, but obviously has the experience and ability to step up. Looney is hit or miss.

The one guy licking his chops right now should be Clint Capela. This completely changes the Warriors offense and he now should be able to contribute in a huge role.

Absolutely! Clint can hopefully have an impact the next game and assuming theres a game 7., he have an impact then. this is crazy!

KG2TB
05-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Not to mention the rockets.

Rox almost/should have beat GS last year and now theyíre playing in Houston for game 6. Donít understand this GS needs to break up to make stuff interesting stuff. They might not make it out of the West. And if they do, the Bucks will probably beat them. Theyíre not nearly as dominant as a couple years ago.

nastynice
05-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Haha, I was wondering that too. I was like hmm, maybe if he goes down and we lose he signs here for another 5 years.

If we win, I can't see him coming back.

nastynice
05-09-2019, 04:06 PM
IMO, the Warriors have brought a lot of positive to modern basketball... they've set a reference standard which is the model for other teams to catch up with... Having competition is good, but only if the level is higher up... Having competition by lowering the standards of performance is meaningless...

Imagine if in the 100m finals race in the Olympics the winner would do more than 10secs?

Yup :clap:

Even the fact that we put this team together and KD will most probably leave because we are TOO GOOD, that sucks, I'd rather see other teams up their bar too. This gs front office has built potentially the greatest team ever and it may not even get a full on run together because theres just no one to challenge us.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 04:10 PM
Looks like KD is out for this series, will be re-evaluated next week!!! It's time Houston!!!! If you can't get it done now.....

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26709802/kd-calf-strain-reevaluated-next-week

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 04:40 PM
20-25%... 30% the most after the psychological "injection" the Bucks have lately... I know too much basketball as to be delusional...

It will take:

1. Giannis being in his best ever
2. The rest of the roster at its best ever
3. Our bench "crushing" theirs... (the easier part)

if thy are only on their "standard" mode (with KD on the floor)...

KD might not play. Bucks have a chance. I don't see Toronto beating the Bucks unless Kawhi goes all Jordan on them.

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 04:43 PM
KD might not play. Bucks have a chance. I don't see Toronto beating the Bucks unless Kawhi goes all Jordan on them.

I mean itís possible, heís going all Jordan on the Sixers and Magic so far.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 04:45 PM
Not to mention the rockets.

Rox almost/should have beat GS last year and now theyíre playing in Houston for game 6. Donít understand this GS needs to break up to make stuff interesting stuff. They might not make it out of the West. And if they do, the Bucks will probably beat them. Theyíre not nearly as dominant as a couple years ago.

Agreed. Harden was showing signs of fatigue last game so we will see for game 6. I do see that series going 7 and its a toss up now. If CP3 was playing like last year then I would go with Houston. But he is not so I give a slight edge to the Warriors. Home court. I can't stand Harden, but a Houston and Milwaukee series would be insane. Especially when the two MVP finalists are playing against each other.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 04:48 PM
I mean itís possible, heís going all Jordan on the Sixers and Magic so far.

LOL ya he is. I can't remember the last time I was more excited for the ECF than the WCF. Hope the Toronto vs Milwaukee series goes 7. I don't see the Sixers winning that series so I made an assumption.

Redrum187
05-09-2019, 05:18 PM
I want to feel bad that Durant is injured because I don't want to be a piece of s---... Sadly, I don't feel bad... but I feel bad about not feeling bad he's injured if that's any consolation... =/

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 05:26 PM
I want to feel bad that Durant is injured because I don't want to be a piece of s---... Sadly, I don't feel bad... but I feel bad about not feeling bad he's injured if that's any consolation... =/

he makes 30+million dollars a year to play a game.....

Redrum187
05-09-2019, 05:44 PM
he makes 30+million dollars a year to play a game.....

Yup... They can amputate my leg for 30 mil. :D

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 05:53 PM
Yup... They can amputate my leg for 30 mil. :D

lol imagine getting that multi years......!!!!!!!

Redrum187
05-09-2019, 06:02 PM
lol imagine getting that multi years......!!!!!!!

I'm not greedy, just one year of that and a bowl of menudo! lol

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm not greedy, just one year of that and a bowl of menudo! lol

:laugh2:

Storch
05-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Honestly, if KD goes down for the rest of the playoffs i dont see a team that can stop the Bucks.

ewing
05-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Will KD be rooting for the Rockets?

nastynice
05-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Hey, at least we ain't boring no more :)

warfelg
05-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Heíd just join them.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Heíd just join them.

wouldn't he just join the Bucks instead? or whoever wins the Championship :p

KG2TB
05-09-2019, 07:02 PM
KD should go to China. Sick of that guy. He probably has an account on here too and is stewing over my comment.

nastynice
05-09-2019, 07:40 PM
KD should go to China. Sick of that guy. He probably has an account on here too and is stewing over my comment.

Yea, one of the greatest scorers ever should just leave. Why should anyone care to watch that?

Driven
05-09-2019, 08:00 PM
I feel bad for Durant because he was proving probably for the first time in his career that heís the hands down best player in the game at this time. But itís still possible he returns for the finals or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
05-09-2019, 08:11 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

IKnowHoops
05-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Iíll be surprised if KD plays in these playoffs

Cal827
05-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Heíd just join them.

:laugh2: Damn straight... he's gonna see that the Warriors can win without him.

If the Warriors are smart, they'll just throw this series and they'll get him to stay

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:05 PM
:laugh2: Damn straight... he's gonna see that the Warriors can win without him.

If the Warriors are smart, they'll just throw this series and they'll get him to stay

I don't see him staying at all tbh...

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Heíd just join them.

Haha

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 12:03 AM
I feel bad for Durant because he was proving probably for the first time in his career that heís the hands down best player in the game at this time. But itís still possible he returns for the finals or something

KL has easily been better. Giannis has a case too

LaVar Ball
05-10-2019, 12:09 AM
wouldn't he just join the Bucks instead? or whoever wins the Championship :p

Naw he just joins the Finals loser and then tries to take all the credit for when they win the chip handily the following 2 years

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 12:15 AM
Naw he just joins the Finals loser and then tries to take all the credit for when they win the chip handily the following 2 years

:p

LaVar Ball
05-10-2019, 12:37 AM
@wojespn

Kevin Durant has been diagnosed with a strained labial majora, sources tell ESPN

goingfor28
05-10-2019, 12:47 AM
Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kobe4thewinbang
05-10-2019, 12:57 AM
No excuse for Rockets now. Last year, their guy went down.
If they can't pull this off, it's time to trade Chris Paul.
Still can't believe they blew G5, didn't even foul late. @_@

Vee-Rex
05-10-2019, 01:00 AM
Wow KD getting roasted in here.

Remember when Dubs fans used to defend him?

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 05:52 AM
Wow KD getting roasted in here.

Remember when Dubs fans used to defend him?

nobody defends him except like 2 people because they are so annoyed he pulled a ***** move which was a ***** move but ignore how trash westy is as a teammate and how the durants/lebrons gets pushed above everyone else if they dont win it all nomatter what period... sheep.. period. They cant think for themselves... They just look at he went to a 73 win team but ignore that klay fell off and green fell off and curry wasnt a closer and they choked and ran to him begging for HIM TO COME HELP THEM... He did yet he gets the **** and they get nothing? they choked up 3-1 to a lesser team after winning 73 win games all because they exposed curry yet durant gets **** on for carrying this warriors team to 2 nba championships and 2 nba finals mvp all while being by far the best post season performer in this post season yet they still hate............. seems legit.

R. Johnson#3
05-10-2019, 07:19 AM
If itís a calf strain that could flare up at any point in time over the playoffs. Itís not going away.

buckalis
05-10-2019, 07:44 AM
No excuse for Rockets now. Last year, their guy went down.
If they can't pull this off, it's time to trade Chris Paul.
Still can't believe they blew G5, didn't even foul late. @_@

I believe that the Rockets have been very busy on looking how they can beat the Warriors and they've totally ignored the rest of the competition... Basketball is a weird game, were the roster matches and mismatches against an opponent team are crucial for the result...

The Rockets roster matching formula is built around the idea to let the Warriors out match them in their strengths, but in return the Rockets to out match the Warriors in their strengths. But... if the Rockets take GSW out taking advantage of KD's injury, they won't have an "easy task" in the WCF, but more so, if they make it to the finals, I can't see how they stand a chance matching against the Bucks...

warfelg
05-10-2019, 08:28 AM
If itís a calf strain that could flare up at any point in time over the playoffs. Itís not going away.

Yea. Calf and forearm (I had that a few times) absolutely suck because the only way to rest them is to do absolutely nothing.

I mean I 100% guarantee he has access to this, but the last time it happened to me I used cryotherapy and it's AMAZING.

Driven
05-10-2019, 09:17 AM
KL has easily been better. Giannis has a case too

I meant in general. Leonard is not a better player than KD.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 10:55 AM

You get one of them (KD/KL)this summer in FA on your favorite basketball team (whatever that is) who do you want?

Chronz
05-10-2019, 11:12 AM
He's way better

Heediot
05-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Lets see what KD can do when teams are game planning for him as hard as they do for Leonard. Oh wait his shooting percentages in the past plummet when he doesn't have steph and co. opening up easier opportunities for him.

Leonard is the better defender, more consistent playoff performer and certified lead guy on a championship team.

Driven
05-10-2019, 11:20 AM
You get one of them (KD/KL)this summer in FA on your favorite basketball team (whatever that is) who do you want?

Durant

mightybosstone
05-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Lets see what KD can do when teams are game planning for him as hard as they do for Leonard. Oh wait his shooting percentages in the past plummet when he doesn't have steph and co. opening up easier opportunities for him.

Leonard is the better defender, more consistent playoff performer and certified lead guy on a championship team.

I agree there's a case to be made for Leonard over Durant (although it's certainly debatable), but I've got to call this out as I see this argument overused way too much. Yes, he won a championship with the Spurs. He also averaged a whopping 14/7/2/2 that postseason and was only 22 years old. I don't think you can definitively say he's been proven as a "lead guy on a championship team." He has admittedly been excellent in the playoffs over his career, but that statement is pretty misleading.

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Thatís what you get *****!!!

Chronz
05-10-2019, 11:58 AM
@wojespn
Lol.. good to see im not alone. Nobody likes kd

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 12:03 PM

yes he is

Scoots
05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
KL vs KD comes down to the future. Can KL keep improving and can he play a whole lot more games. KD has played more than 400 more games in 4 more years. That matters a lot in the long term. But other than longevity it's very close for me.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 12:07 PM
KL vs KD comes down to the future. Can KL keep improving and can he play a whole lot more games. KD has played more than 400 more games in 4 more years. That matters a lot in the long term. But other than longevity it's very close for me.

true, it's not worth the argument at this point. But I would take KL the next 4 years over KD all day long.

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 12:12 PM
KD is better lol. Goodness

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 12:30 PM
true, it's not worth the argument at this point. But I would take KL the next 4 years over KD all day long.

same

Driven
05-10-2019, 02:07 PM
KD is better lol. Goodness

Yeah, Iím pretty surprised by this. Not saying that you canít make an argument for Kawhi.

But regardless, my point was that I feel for KD because heís pretty much taken over the reigns as the best player in basketball. Whether or not that can be argued is one thing, but in general Iíd say that the fans and media would put Durant #1 right now, taking over lebron. Plus heís just been balling.

I guess Iím mostly surprised because if youíre going to make an argument for someone else being #1, I would have expected Giannis.

Driven
05-10-2019, 02:13 PM

I think Durant is a better player today than he was a few years ago. And if weíre going to use Steph as a reason to think Durant is overachieving, why not use the fact that the Thunder havenít won a playoff series since KD left? To me these two things sort of offset.

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 02:14 PM
Yeah, Iím pretty surprised by this. Not saying that you canít make an argument for Kawhi.

But regardless, my point was that I feel for KD because heís pretty much taken over the reigns as the best player in basketball. Whether or not that can be argued is one thing, but in general Iíd say that the fans and media would put Durant #1 right now, taking over lebron. Plus heís just been balling.

I guess Iím mostly surprised because if youíre going to make an argument for someone else being #1, I would have expected Giannis.

Next season is going to be the first season since 2012 LeBron has had to prove heís the best player (Wade was the best in 2011). Big year coming for him next year, better keep his foot on the gas.

Chronz
05-10-2019, 02:43 PM
Next season is going to be the first season since 2012 LeBron has had to prove heís the best player (Wade was the best in 2011). Big year coming for him next year, better keep his foot on the gas.

Then why did the mavs put their best defender and have a dpoy shading bronny?

And didn't wade step down anyways?

Scoots
05-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Then why did the mavs put their best defender and have a dpoy shading bronny?

And didn't wade step down anyways?

Wade's body stepped him down years ago.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Wade's body stepped him down years ago.

Wade shown during his 13' playoff run

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6z7-_05HiAhWQsp4KHQpmD1IQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F407435 097523339836%2F&psig=AOvVaw3h9PY6r9n3bZXCefQA9mfy&ust=1557601381867270

R. Johnson#3
05-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Itís a toss up between KD and Kawhi right now. Lebron definitely has to prove heís still the best next year.

Heediot
05-10-2019, 04:26 PM
I think Durant is a better player today than he was a few years ago. And if weíre going to use Steph as a reason to think Durant is overachieving, why not use the fact that the Thunder havenít won a playoff series since KD left? To me these two things sort of offset.

Kawhi has proven he can get his with or without help and with the focal point of attention of opposing defenses. Till Durant can prove it outside of Oakland I'm going with the guy who has proven his worth and mettle regardless of his surroundings.

Kawhi is the better defender to boot.

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 04:28 PM
You ****s arenít going to sit here and disrespect the greatness that is Wade. Point stands, step up on the big stage and perform or tuck your tail like a *****. Take your pick.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 05:51 PM
lmfao Wade was best in 2011? :laugh:

Scoots
05-10-2019, 06:10 PM

*shhh ... he thinks he was the best player in the NBA through this season*

Vee-Rex
05-10-2019, 08:28 PM
nobody defends him except like 2 people because they are so annoyed he pulled a ***** move which was a ***** move but ignore how trash westy is as a teammate and how the durants/lebrons gets pushed above everyone else if they dont win it all nomatter what period... sheep.. period. They cant think for themselves... They just look at he went to a 73 win team but ignore that klay fell off and green fell off and curry wasnt a closer and they choked and ran to him begging for HIM TO COME HELP THEM... He did yet he gets the **** and they get nothing? they choked up 3-1 to a lesser team after winning 73 win games all because they exposed curry yet durant gets **** on for carrying this warriors team to 2 nba championships and 2 nba finals mvp all while being by far the best post season performer in this post season yet they still hate............. seems legit.

Well, we're gonna see what Curry n company are made of when Durant bolts.

Durant basically spotted them a 3-2 lead in this series so I'm not gonna just assume they are dominant w/o Durant if they find a way to win one game without him.

But you're right, it has been a one way ****-fest on Durant and no one seems to bat an eye at the fact that Green cried to him in the parking lot and begged him to join. I like Curry and wish he had a little more alpha in him given his talent, but Green is a *****. Still, ultimately the biggest ***** is KD. And that will NEVER change.

If he ever opens his heart out and admit that what he did was a ***** move, then maybe his reputation could begin the repairing process, but we all know he's too ***** to admit it was a ***** move.

warfelg
05-10-2019, 10:58 PM
Durant basically spotted them a 3-2 lead in this series so I'm not gonna just assume they are dominant w/o Durant if they find a way to win one game without him.

Uh...well it was a 1 point game when he went out, so he didn't spot them a whole lot to get them another game.

Bostonjorge
05-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Durant should just go into free agency. Let Cousins come back and win finals MVP.

Scoots
05-11-2019, 12:05 AM
I gotta say it's amazing how many people seem to have their happiness tied up in KD's decisions both past and future.

nastynice
05-11-2019, 02:38 AM
I like Curry and wish he had a little more alpha in him .

Oh no, that boy is straight alpha, you sleeping on him. When Curry and lebron step on a ball court make no mistake, curry is the alpha. Mentally he's just in a different category.

Listen to his post game interview tonight how he talks about Durant, curry a straight up alpha. And everyone on the court with him knows it, that's why he be getting hated on, lol. Cuz he relatively so small, weak, and slow, lol

*giannis is turning super alpha too. Watch his interviews, watch how he talks at post-game presser. You can see it in his eyes, in his demeanor. He's a physical freak tho, so other players won't be so resentful about it, lol

Heediot
05-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Oh no, that boy is straight alpha, you sleeping on him. When Curry and lebron step on a ball court make no mistake, curry is the alpha. Mentally he's just in a different category.

Listen to his post game interview tonight how he talks about Durant, curry a straight up alpha. And everyone on the court with him knows it, that's why he be getting hated on, lol. Cuz he relatively so small, weak, and slow, lol

*giannis is turning super alpha too. Watch his interviews, watch how he talks at post-game presser. You can see it in his eyes, in his demeanor. He's a physical freak tho, so other players won't be so resentful about it, lol

I agree, dude has been stone cold and alpha his whole life. He was ruthless at Davidson. Sure he was slowed because of his physical limitations at timed in the playoffs, but dude has heart and has things upstairs that people under-estimate.

More-Than-Most
05-11-2019, 07:33 AM
Uh...well it was a 1 point game when he went out, so he didn't spot them a whole lot to get them another game.

it would have been a double digit deficit had he not played at until he went out so just stop... curry was **** tonight for 95 percent of the game and came up big but was literally the 4th most important player in this game... klay/dray/iggy were the mvp of tonight... and after did you hear what curry said??

He said he prays durant is back because durant carried them through the playoffs so far... not even kidding check the warriors game thread for the actual quote.

More-Than-Most
05-11-2019, 07:35 AM

Alphas dont say this... i have never heard a Jordan/LBJ/KOBE/SHAQ/DUNCAN/ETC SAY THIS... But keep trying because this is literally what 2nd fiddles say when they lose their alpha.

Steph Curry: Weíve got to have Durantís back the way heís been honestly carrying us the entire playoff run

nastynice
05-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Alphas dont say this... i have never heard a Jordan/LBJ/KOBE/SHAQ/DUNCAN/ETC SAY THIS... But keep trying because this is literally what 2nd fiddles say when they lose their alpha.

Steph Curry: Weíve got to have Durantís back the way heís been honestly carrying us the entire playoff run

Haha, that's exactly how you can tell he's alpha.

Duncan?? Wtf?

R. Johnson#3
05-11-2019, 07:46 AM
You ****s arenít going to sit here and disrespect the greatness that is Wade. Point stands, step up on the big stage and perform or tuck your tail like a *****. Take your pick.

Are you talking about when Lebron or Shaq stepped up and won him a title?

Heediot
05-11-2019, 07:52 AM

duncan was a humble alpha. you can be a guy who can give credit and still be alpa. it's done plenty of times, you guy zeroe in on things that support your agenda vs. curry.

nastynice
05-11-2019, 08:03 AM
duncan was a humble alpha. you can be a guy who can give credit and still be alpa. it's done plenty of times, you guy zeroe in on things that support your agenda vs. curry.

I wouldn't call Duncan an alpha. He was a hell of a player, he's a tier 1 player at his position, but I dont think he had that mind set. *maybe he did tho, I honestly really don't know anything about his personality

Curry def ain't humble, lol

Heediot
05-11-2019, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't call Duncan an alpha. He was a hell of a player, he's a tier 1 player at his position, but I dont think he had that mind set. *maybe he did tho, I honestly really don't know anything about his personality

Curry def ain't humble, lol

to me alpha is the fearless leader. duncan was a humble fearless one. tbh kyrie is more natural alpha to me vs. bron. bron was the type of guy who had to develop his alpha as it didn't come naturally to him. he got by on god given talent but wasn't as locked in as he was after he won chips in miami. the kyrie and kobe types are alpha but with just bad shot selection and heroball-itis at times.

duncan was never scared and he led by example and one on one leadership rather then being the rah rah guy. . same with kawhi, you know he's locked in and not scared, but he's the quiet humble one. i think duncan was more naturally fearless, as kawhi wasn't there yet in his first few years, like bron he gained confidence after his first chip.

that's just my definition of alpha the fearless leader who doesn't shy from the big moment. killer instinct and also the guy that isn't afraid or backs down from carrying the load. but just because curry and timmy let others shine or carry load doesn't mean, they aren't alpha, they are just more unselfish alphas.

yeah curry has that cockiness, but less selfish is a better term. duncan was humble and unselfish.

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Are you talking about when Lebron or Shaq stepped up and won him a title?

You know better.

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 06:58 PM

Name the players that were 100% better than Wade in 2011 and tell me why.

nastynice
05-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Name the players that were 100% better than Wade in 2011 and tell me why.

LeBron bro, wtf??

He completely controlled that team, set pace and dictated the action, while also being the best defender. That was lebrons team and I think Wade would agree with me

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 07:27 PM
LeBron bro, wtf??

He completely controlled that team, set pace and dictated the action, while also being the best defender. That was lebrons team and I think Wade would agree with me

They were damn near the same player and at no point did wade ever tuck his tail and choke an entire series away. I donít see why itís laughed at when 2 players are close so you take the player who outperforms the other on the biggest stage.

likemystylez
05-12-2019, 08:09 PM
They were damn near the same player and at no point did wade ever tuck his tail and choke an entire series away. I donít see why itís laughed at when 2 players are close so you take the player who outperforms the other on the biggest stage.

thing is- when you separated the two of them- which one continued to get to the nba finals?

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 08:11 PM
thing is- when you separated the two of them- which one continued to get to the nba finals?

Has literally nothing to do with 2011 lol

nastynice
05-12-2019, 09:51 PM

No, LeBron was clearly better. That's not a knock on Wade, but we are talking about a tier 1 all timer in his peak. No matter how you slice it, LeBron was better at that point in time.

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 10:05 PM
No, LeBron was clearly better. That's not a knock on Wade, but we are talking about a tier 1 all timer in his peak. No matter how you slice it, LeBron was better at that point in time.

He had a pretty bad way of showing it then.

Scoots
05-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Has literally nothing to do with 2011 lol

Following performance apart does give some indication to the strength of the player the year before. So it's not everything, but it's not literally nothing.

WaDe03
05-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Following performance apart does give some indication to the strength of the player the year before. So it's not everything, but it's not literally nothing.

4 years and multiple injuries in the future. It has nothing to do with who was better in 2011.

likemystylez
05-12-2019, 11:30 PM

In fairness to die hard Heat fans, its completely understandable that theyre bias towards favoring wade in this debate. There are die hard warriors fans who think Curry is better than Durant. Any reasonable fan of the game would tell you Durant is a far more complete player who can succeed in almost any situation. If currys shot isnt falling or he is being roughed up- he can be taken out of his game a lot easier. LOL Delladova bothered him for 2 or 3 games.

nastynice
05-13-2019, 01:27 AM
He had a pretty bad way of showing it then.

Ok, I'll say this, just about every nba fan outside Miami had lebron as a clearly better player.

I'm not mad at how much you love Wade tho

nastynice
05-13-2019, 01:28 AM

Yea but he like SUPER aged hella quick..post lebron Wade was nowhere near 2011 Wade.

nastynice
05-13-2019, 01:38 AM
In fairness to die hard Heat fans, its completely understandable that theyre bias towards favoring wade in this debate. There are die hard warriors fans who think Curry is better than Durant. Any reasonable fan of the game would tell you Durant is a far more complete player who can succeed in almost any situation. If currys shot isnt falling or he is being roughed up- he can be taken out of his game a lot easier. LOL Delladova bothered him for 2 or 3 games.

Oh, curry IS better ;)

If the name of the game is chips, curry is the best player in the league and has been for a while.

Now I realize that he would lose 1 on 1 to a lot of point guards, non all star point guards even, and Kevin Durant wouldn't lose 1 on 1 to maybe anyone that has ever played the game. But the name of the game ain't one on one, it ain't mvps, it ain't finals mvps. It's chips. That's what they learned their 73 win season.

I know why everyone would say kd is better, he is in many ways, he's the guy that goes and gets that bucket and wins you the playoff game. But if we had to keep 1 going forward I want curry, that gives us the best chance to get a chip. He can play his game while allowing an elite scorer to completely play within his comfort zone.

R. Johnson#3
05-13-2019, 05:23 AM
You know better.

And apparently you don't. :laugh:

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 08:21 AM
And apparently you don't. :laugh:

I own so much real estate in your head, itís honestly hilarious at this point.

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Ok, I'll say this, just about every nba fan outside Miami had lebron as a clearly better player.

I'm not mad at how much you love Wade tho

He shouldíve done a better job showing it then so him and wade could have 4 rings and Wade could have 2 finals MVPs.

WaDe03
05-13-2019, 08:23 AM

Weíre talking 1 year, not all 4 they were together.

beasted86
06-09-2019, 08:29 AM

Windhorst's full report:

Here's what I do know. Durant just isn't ready. His body's not ready. The trainers don't believe it, he doesn't believe it, he tried to do some stuff in practice yesterday, it didn't work. There was frustration all around, I'm sure from Kevin about it. Steve Kerr was really clipped about it. He basically said today, 'I'm not gonna give you any updates about Durant. I'm just gonna tell you whether he's playing or not.' He's frustrated about it too.

warfelg
06-09-2019, 08:35 AM
I saw a rumor on twitter yesterday that insinuates KD is faking how bad the calf is, and that if he were locked in under contract for next year he would be playing, but because he's a FA he isn't. This same guy supported this by saying that Klay shouldn't be playing but is, despite his FA status, because he's a near lock to be back in GS nest year.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2019, 08:52 AM
I saw a rumor on twitter yesterday that insinuates KD is faking how bad the calf is, and that if he were locked in under contract for next year he would be playing, but because he's a FA he isn't. This same guy supported this by saying that Klay shouldn't be playing but is, despite his FA status, because he's a near lock to be back in GS nest year.

i buy it... but i am glad if its true... the ******** durant/lebron has had to go trough for ****ing years because of rings i 100 percent am happy if he is sitting out.... why? because he came/destroyed/showed how great he is and how overrated the warriors were after lebron exposed them and still people **** on him after he dominated... Now without him they are about to lose and should probably have been swept. Durant just took a massive **** on the haters.

beasted86
06-09-2019, 09:09 AM
i buy it... but i am glad if its true... the ******** durant/lebron has had to go trough for ****ing years because of rings i 100 percent am happy if he is sitting out.... why? because he came/destroyed/showed how great he is and how overrated the warriors were after lebron exposed them and still people **** on him after he dominated... Now without him they are about to lose and should probably have been swept. Durant just took a massive **** on the haters.

I don't understand your rationale. Warriors are still a really really good team without Durant. They are clearly good enough to win 73 regular season games and make it to the Finals multiple times without Durant, basically including this year as the 3rd season. If you take a really good team and add a great player, why aren't they supposed to win every time?

That's been the knock against him. He joined a team that was already good enough to make the Finals without him. Nobody ever said Durant wasn't a legit superstar A level player. What they've said is Durant is not in the upper echelon of all-time great players who can carry a team. And it's true. There's a big divide between a LeBron and Durant. Durant will never finish as a top 10 player until he carries a team on his back. He hasn't been carrying the Warriors, he's been helping them.

goingfor28
06-09-2019, 09:16 AM
I don't understand your rationale. Warriors are still a really really good team without Durant. They are clearly good enough to win 73 regular season games and make it to the Finals multiple times without Durant, basically including this year as the 3rd season. If you take a really good team and add a great player, why aren't they supposed to win every time?

That's been the knock against him. He joined a team that was already good enough to make the Finals without him. Nobody ever said Durant wasn't a legit superstar A level player. What they've said is Durant is not in the upper echelon of all-time great players who can carry a team. And it's true. There's a big divide between a LeBron and Durant. Durant will never finish as a top 10 player until he carries a team on his back. He hasn't been carrying the Warriors, he's been helping them.Maybe during the regular season. But their past 2 championships KD has absolutely carried them during the playoffs.

More-Than-Most
06-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Maybe during the regular season. But their past 2 championships KD has absolutely carried them during the playoffs.

this. The blue print was put out and Dray/Curry/Klay knew it and ran to durant.... And now we are seeing exactly why they ran to him

Heediot
06-09-2019, 09:24 AM
KD needs to carry a team like how Kawhi has imo. Having Curry as a 1-B, Klay as a 3rd, doesn't justify his load and attention he gets. It neither justifies Curry as well. Everyone's job is so much easier with all that talent....

Heediot
06-09-2019, 09:41 AM

Nah you play for titles just as much as money. He'll still get his money no matter what, but you don't sit out for a chance at a ship if you can help. In this internet reporters will speculate on anything for hits.

IKnowHoops
06-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Maybe during the regular season. But their past 2 championships KD has absolutely carried them during the playoffs.

No. They just got to the finals without him. He never carried anything. He as just the one taking the most shots. Always 1on 1 I might add as playing on GS means you will never get double teamed. Impossible for any one player to say they carried GS anywhere.

warfelg
06-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Nah you play for titles just as much as money. He'll still get his money no matter what, but you don't sit out for a chance at a ship if you can help. In this internet reporters will speculate on anything for hits.

Well considering most rip his rings as bought not earned, I don't blame him for starting to place next team over current team.

Bostonjorge
06-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Well considering most rip his rings as bought not earned, I don't blame him for starting to place next team over current team.

Durant has a chance to earn this one. Durant moving in free agency was based around Durant earning his respect back and trying to win off his back. Now he has a even bigger opportunity to take more then just the respect back. The super team killer Leonard stands in the way of that.

beasted86
06-09-2019, 02:09 PM
this. The blue print was put out and Dray/Curry/Klay knew it and ran to durant.... And now we are seeing exactly why they ran to him

I don't see how what you're saying makes a statement about Durant's ability to carry a team. You're statement says nothing about Durant impact.

Nothing you say will change the fact the Warriors are good enough to get a Finals/WCF without Durant. This is fact and indisputable fact. If you want to split hairs with a debate whether they are good enough to win the Finals/WCF once they get there without Durant go ahead and debate that with someone else because that's not the dispute.

Just ask yourself, can you name one other team that can make a Finals/Conference finals without their best player? Just one from this year's playoffs?

nastynice
06-09-2019, 02:12 PM

I doubt he's faking anything, but if there's a chance playing could hurt him more and he's not risking it, I dont blame him at all. The man still has almost half his career to look forward to, can't ask him to jeopardize that.

goingfor28
06-09-2019, 03:05 PM
No. They just got to the finals without him. He never carried anything. He as just the one taking the most shots. Always 1on 1 I might add as playing on GS means you will never get double teamed. Impossible for any one player to say they carried GS anywhere.Finals without KD
2015: Win vs LeBron when LeBron's best teammate was Tristan Thimpson
2016: Lose to LeBron, Kyrie and a healthy Cavs squad
2019: Down 3-1 vs Toronto, should have been swept.

Finals with KD
2017: Easily beat down the same healthy Cavs team they lost to in 2016
2018: Easily beat down a healthy Cavs team again

KD has absolutely carried them to b2b rings. That is a fact.

mike_noodles
06-09-2019, 03:29 PM
I doubt he's faking anything, but if there's a chance playing could hurt him more and he's not risking it, I dont blame him at all. The man still has almost half his career to look forward to, can't ask him to jeopardize that.

Yeah I wouldn't blame him either. Do they fall under workplace health and safety laws, ie. the right to refuse work while injured?

likemystylez
06-09-2019, 09:29 PM

technically he has guaranteed money next year. he signed a 1 and 1. For him to be a free agent, he would have to opt out (which everyone expects him to do). But he isnt in boogies situation last year. Durant has over 30 million on the table for next yr as of now.

You could argue that he might be looking further down the line that just 1 year. I suppose thats fair, however- he has been basically going year to year the last seasons..... basically risking serious injury during the season that could dramatically impact his future earnings each and every game he plays.

I think its odd that of all the times he could chose to be careful he would choose to be extra careful and concerned while he is in the NBA finals

likemystylez
06-09-2019, 09:32 PM

its pretty weak in the NBA finals. ESP when you have Looney playing with a broken colar bone. a guy who has never had more than a minimum contract and hes even younger than durant.

Also never heard of a calf strain ending a players career- regardless of how severe it is. Feel free to share examples

Allphakenny1
06-09-2019, 11:16 PM
Finals without KD
2015: Win vs LeBron when LeBron's best teammate was Tristan Thimpson So lead his team to a championship
2016: Lose to LeBron, Kyrie and a healthy Cavs squadWith a ton of impactful injuries
2019: Down 3-1 vs Toronto, should have been swept. With a ton of impactful injuries even without KD

Finals with KD
2017: Easily beat down the same healthy Cavs team they lost to in 2016While Curry came just shy of being the first ever player to average a tripple double in finals history
2018: Easily beat down a healthy Cavs team againWith Curry averaging 27 6 7 and being the main focus of the defense

Looks like you have no idea what a fact is.

Allphakenny1
06-09-2019, 11:20 PM
BTW, injuries are no excuse for a loss. The Cavs deserved to lose in 15' as the Warriors deserved to lose in 16' and if they lose this year.

Chronz
06-09-2019, 11:31 PM
I don't see how what you're saying makes a statement about Durant's ability to carry a team. You're statement says nothing about Durant impact.

Nothing you say will change the fact the Warriors are good enough to get a Finals/WCF without Durant. This is fact and indisputable fact. If you want to split hairs with a debate whether they are good enough to win the Finals/WCF once they get there without Durant go ahead and debate that with someone else because that's not the dispute.

Just ask yourself, can you name one other team that can make a Finals/Conference finals without their best player? Just one from this year's playoffs?

This guy gets. Haters talked **** can still talk **** until Kd actually shuts us up. Team prolly loses against Houston if curry is out maybe they win in 7. Still losing vs Toronto for sure

GREATNESS ONE
06-10-2019, 12:04 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeSportsLA/status/1137383385662234625

goingfor28
06-10-2019, 12:41 AM
Looks like you have no idea what a fact is.Durant. B2B Finals MVP awards. Fact.

THE MTL
06-10-2019, 01:13 AM
I dont think he's faking it, I think they aren't telling the truth about the injury. I highly doubt it is a just a calf strain.

goingfor28
06-10-2019, 10:09 PM
I dont think he's faking it, I think they aren't telling the truth about the injury. I highly doubt it is a just a calf strain.Bingo

cmellofan15
06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
Non contact re injury...prolly done

Chronz
06-10-2019, 10:23 PM
BTW, injuries are no excuse for a loss. The Cavs deserved to lose in 15' as the Warriors deserved to lose in 16' and if they lose this year.

Yeah to be honest, I feel like if both teams were perfectly healthy, they simply swap championship years and we are set up for one helluva rubber match. then ***** KD ran to them and people are acting like we're suppose to be impressed that he joined a FInals caliber squad and made the league a joke. LMFAO.

Guess what guys, its already too late for you, the Dubs made the fINALS AGAIN.

GiantsSwaGG
06-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Durant look like he tore his Achilles

GiantsSwaGG
06-10-2019, 11:02 PM
https://twitter.com/aclrecoveryclub/status/1138268211378450432?s=21

You can see it pop

Max.This
06-10-2019, 11:06 PM

You can see it pop

i dont see any scenario where the muscle does that and its not something torn.

beasted86
06-10-2019, 11:40 PM
i dont see any scenario where the muscle does that and its not something torn.

Looks bad for sure. If not torn Achilles then torn calf muscle or something bad.

IKnowHoops
06-10-2019, 11:49 PM
Finals without KD
2015: Win vs LeBron when LeBron's best teammate was Tristan Thimpson
2016: Lose to LeBron, Kyrie and a healthy Cavs squad
2019: Down 3-1 vs Toronto, should have been swept.

Finals with KD
2017: Easily beat down the same healthy Cavs team they lost to in 2016
2018: Easily beat down a healthy Cavs team again

Hóó no!!

Take Steph off those teams and they loose with Durant, then add Steph they win so now Steph can be called the one who carried them. Durant put them over the top, but carried...no way bro. Jordan didnít even carry the Bulls. He was a force on a very god team. Durant was a force on a 65+ win team without him.

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 12:18 AM
Looks bad for sure. If not torn Achilles then torn calf muscle or something bad.

on the court- looked just as bad as the first.... but the huge boot as he was leaving the arena. I dont know anything yet- but that boot is for an achilles issue.

Wonder what info the warriors will release about the injury after the MRI comes in tomorrow

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 12:22 AM

You can see it pop

Ummm that looks like a calf spasm- which can also be incredibly painful. But afterwards- he is reaching for the baall of his foot- which is what happens when your achilles tears and you have nothing supporting normal movment

Vinny642
06-11-2019, 12:37 AM
GM said it was an Achilles injury. Which has been speculated since it happened

Bostonjorge
06-11-2019, 01:11 AM
KD was clearly the best player on the court before he got hurt. He was arguably the best defender as well. He was waiting for the ball to find him and not forcing anything. The first 11 games and tonight heís been the best player on the court. To bad it had to end the way it ended for him.

Kerr left him in the whole game up until the injury. I donít remember Durant sitting at all.

Vinny642
06-11-2019, 01:14 AM
KD was clearly the best player on the court before he got hurt. He was arguably the best defender as well. He was waiting for the ball to find him and not forcing anything. The first 11 games and tonight heís been the best player on the court. To bad it had to end the way it ended for him.

Kerr left him in the whole game up until the injury. I donít remember Durant sitting at all.

Most of that was totally incorrect.

KD was out in the middle of the 1st quarter with his calf wrapped in ice.

He isnt the best defender by any means. He shot threes today... obviously when fully healthy, its either him or Leonard as the best play

Chronz
06-11-2019, 02:19 AM

Reminded me of Willis Reed hitting his first easy jumpers

Oakmont_4
06-11-2019, 06:42 AM
So if it is an Achilles which seems likely at this point, the off-season just got flipped on its head.

KD will likely be out all of next season. Will teams still pursue him? Will they offer a MAX to a 31 year old who wonít be playing year 1 and is coming of a MAJOR injury?

KDs best option now may be to opt into his contract and get paid while he recovers and then try and hit FA next offseason.

Its raining in NY right now. Knicks fans tears.

cmellofan15
06-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Warriors brass and players shouldn't have pushed him to play, the whole situation is ****ed up

RaiderLakersA's
06-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Torn achilles are no joke. Some players never return to form after that. I knew they shouldn't have rushed to get him back on the floor. Part of me thinks they misdiagnosed the initial injury, because that looked like an Achilles issues, not a calf issue, to me at first, too.

beasted86
06-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Torn achilles are no joke. Some players never return to form after that. I knew they shouldn't have rushed to get him back on the floor. Part of me thinks they misdiagnosed the initial injury, because that looked like an Achilles issues, not a calf issue, to me at first, too.

Same here. When I heard calf I'm just like... That's not where he initially reached to feel the pain.

Warriors should have been overly cautious with anything Achilles related.

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Warriors brass and players shouldn't have pushed him to play, the whole situation is ****ed up

In fairness- the injury was originally stated as a calf strain. If Achilles was ever mentioned and they said he was out for the playoffs- I dont think there is much pressure if any to get him out there. Kerr made a point to say the original injury had nothing to do with the achilles.

aman_13
06-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Hopefully, he comes back better than ever. I think KD is going to re-sign btw.

SauceLife127
06-11-2019, 03:11 PM
From a Knicks standpoint I am SO sad

likemystylez
06-11-2019, 04:04 PM
From a Knicks standpoint I am SO sad

better it happen before you sign him though right

SfgiantsJD3
06-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Surgery a success

beasted86
06-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Hope he recovers 100%. This is going to be a tough road. He can still come back and dominate, but I think this is the end of him being a top 3 player.

formula101
06-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Nah KD still in that mix. Lebum too busy partyin in LA. Giannis ain't got no jumper. Kawhi still confused because of uncle. Hardon don't play no D.

beasted86
06-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Nah KD still in that mix. Lebum too busy partyin in LA. Giannis ain't got no jumper. Kawhi still confused because of uncle. Hardon don't play no D.

Sorry bruh, a 70% KD is nowhere near a top 3. Achilles is the worst injury possible for NBA players.

I can see KD averaging high teens, low 20s when he makes it back.

formula101
06-12-2019, 10:00 PM
His new team needs to manage his minutes after a full year rehab, just like Toronto with Kawhi. KD gonna KD. Catch and shoot. Stop and pop. All NBA son.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Sorry bruh, a 70% KD is nowhere near a top 3. Achilles is the worst injury possible for NBA players.

Let's stop pretending like any of us know a lick about what KD will be as a player the next time he steps on the court.

formula101
06-12-2019, 10:20 PM

Stop stannin for Lebum, son.

Storch
06-12-2019, 11:20 PM
His new team needs to manage his minutes after a full year rehab, just like Toronto with Kawhi. KD gonna KD. Catch and shoot. Stop and pop. All NBA son.

He wont have a problem on offense, hes a great shooter. Itís the defensive end thatís going to be tough for him

likemystylez
06-12-2019, 11:37 PM

Leonard has had a significant leg injury for atleast 10-12 games now... Raptors havent given him a single game off. Do you think they will sit him now that they saw what happened to KD?

LOL- its ridiculous if you dont think being in must win situations doesnt impact the decision to play guys when they are less than 100%. LOL it happens with literally every team. heck- Toronto was up 3-1 and they still played Leonard. Warriors sat Klay when it was tied up

beasted86
06-13-2019, 04:37 AM
Let's stop pretending like any of us know a lick about what KD will be as a player the next time he steps on the court.

Emotional much? This is what people do on sports forums. Forecast rookies, stats, records, player movement.

I'm just saying Achilles is the worst possible injury, and I've never seen a player recover to more than 75% off their old impact.

beasted86
06-13-2019, 04:41 AM
Stop stannin for Lebum, son.

Where did I suggest or say anything about LeBron? Lol, trolls these days. See my last comment.

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:33 AM
Going to have a opinion on his injury soon, check my post later

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:34 AM
I agree with this

JoBlowDownTheSt
06-13-2019, 05:54 AM
Check my post on this

Pierzynski4Prez
06-13-2019, 08:22 AM
Emotional much? This is what people do on sports forums. Forecast rookies, stats, records, player movement.

I'm just saying Achilles is the worst possible injury, and I've never seen a player recover to more than 75% off their old impact.

How did you get to your 75% may I ask. What type of evaluation system we're you using? What is your sample size of players used in this evaluation?

I don't care about forecasting. But acting like your dumb forecast on something like this is any more accurate than another dumb forecastv is well, dumb

Saddletramp
06-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Going to have a opinion on his injury soon, check my post later

The anticipation is killing me.

I agree with this

Wow, worth the wait.

Check my post on this

I sure did. Nailed it.

beasted86
06-13-2019, 01:56 PM
How did you get to your 75% may I ask. What type of evaluation system we're you using? What is your sample size of players used in this evaluation?

I don't care about forecasting. But acting like your dumb forecast on something like this is any more accurate than another dumb forecastv is well, dumb
Umm it's not perfect science, wise guy. The most prominent star player I can remember having a "career" after his injury was Elton Brand a perennial 20 points, 10 rebounds, 2 block player. Post-injury his best year was 15/8/1.3. If I literally take 75% of 20 points, it's 15 points. So my roundabout estimate is a 25% drop off in production. This isn't a mathematical formula though.

Cousins is somewhat waiting to be seen. But others in recent times have faired the same or worse. Kobe, Wes Matthews, Rudy Gay, Mario Chalmers, the list goes on. I'm not going to be a clown and reference guys like Dominique decades ago, instead these are all recent cases in the last 5 years. Unless some new Achilles repair procedure was developed since then, this is a fair and reasonable forecast.

Now, if you would.... please hop off.

Chronz
06-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Umm it's not perfect science, wise guy. The most prominent star player I can remember having a "career" after his injury was Elton Brand a perennial 20 points, 10 rebounds, 2 block player. Post-injury his best year was 15/8/1.3. If I literally take 75% of 20 points, it's 15 points. So my roundabout estimate is a 25% drop off in production. This isn't a mathematical formula though.

Cousins is somewhat waiting to be seen. But others in recent times have faired the same or worse. Kobe, Wes Matthews, Rudy Gay, Mario Chalmers, the list goes on. I'm not going to be a clown and reference guys like Dominique decades ago, instead these are all recent cases in the last 5 years. Unless some new Achilles repair procedure was developed since then, this is a fair and reasonable forecast.

Now, if you would.... please hop off.

we gotta admit tho, kD is the most gifted in terms of his talent and skill set. Nique is like the only one who came back but his game changed quite abit in the process. Kobe was older, Gay is still playing some of his finest ball statistically, I think hes a fine comparison for our expectations on KD. KD returning to that level is still a top-5 or 9 guy

RaiderLakersA's
06-13-2019, 05:55 PM
It's too soon to say how KD will be when he's healthy a year from now. Anything can happen during the long road back.

And even though the Achilles will be healed, the question everyone will have is whether or not it will hold up to a full NBA season where he has the added pressure of being the #1 or #2 option? In the Warriors system, Kevin is asked to do so much more than fans know. On both sides of the ball.

If he stays with the Dubs, they'll have to reduce his workload that first year back. If he leaves the Warriors for another team, that new team better have at least one All Star and one more player who is knocking at the door. Depth of bench also helps. I suspect the KD that we all know won't return to true form until the 2021-22 season at the earliest. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

formula101
06-13-2019, 06:11 PM
He wont have a problem on offense, hes a great shooter. Itís the defensive end thatís going to be tough for him

The NBA don't even allow you to play defense son. Hardon won a MVP playing zero defense. The Rockets were about to go to the NBA finals with Hardon playin no defense son.

KD still got that wingspan. He's still a 7 footer. He still got elite skills. Meanwhile Giannis can't hit the broadside of a barn. Lebum makin trash movies, pushing out coaches and undermining his own team. Dumbbrook is the worst shooter in the nba. KD right in that mix of all NBA players.

beasted86
06-13-2019, 06:53 PM
we gotta admit tho, kD is the most gifted in terms of his talent and skill set. Nique is like the only one who came back but his game changed quite abit in the process. Kobe was older, Gay is still playing some of his finest ball statistically, I think hes a fine comparison for our expectations on KD. KD returning to that level is still a top-5 or 9 guy

Rudy Gay out of the Spurs system is not the same player and probably falls in line with the standard and my theory. The eye test clearly shows him a big step slower. Gay used to be Lavine/Oladipo athletic. Kudos to playing properly within that system and adjusting his game though.