PDA

View Full Version : Playoff kyrie

More-Than-Most
05-08-2019, 09:15 PM
is dead.... we can now just admit he was a product of lebron in the post season... he has been god awful this series on top of wait for it.... charles calling him out because in this first half the bench players are playing with more energy then him....playoff kyrie never existed sorry.

Chronz
05-08-2019, 09:18 PM
Dude I was waiting to make this thread once eliminated but now you've gone and jynxed it.

I was going to title it, how would you grade Kyrie in his first playoff test ever? I still think Horford is up there with him in terms of leading this crew but there is no doubt about it, Kyrie is the guy most pundits would blame/credit for his teams outcome.

I think he did pretty good for his first time, I've seen Dame struggle and look at him today.

Heediot
05-08-2019, 09:33 PM
he was somewhat exposed for sure. he's better playing the robin, end of the shot clock role.

ewing
05-08-2019, 09:45 PM
is dead.... we can now just admit he was a product of lebron in the post season... he has been god awful this series on top of wait for it.... charles calling him out because in this first half the bench players are playing with more energy then him....playoff kyrie never existed sorry.

Iím pretty sure LeBron gave the ball to him and got the hell out of the way a good bit. I not sure how that is being a product of LeBron. Is he more a 1B Star then an MVP level player? Sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
05-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Dude I was waiting to make this thread once eliminated but now you've gone and jynxed it.

I was going to title it, how would you grade Kyrie in his first playoff test ever? I still think Horford is up there with him in terms of leading this crew but there is no doubt about it, Kyrie is the guy most pundits would blame/credit for his teams outcome.

I think he did pretty good for his first time, I've seen Dame struggle and look at him today.

Exactly he is in that 1B Star category with guys like Lillard and Curry. Sometimes they can carry sometimes they canít

Giannis94
05-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Playoff Kyrie won lebron a title that lebron gets all the credit for.

Cal827
05-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Yeah, these past 4 games were atrocious. Even with all of the bull during the season from him, it would've all been forgiven if he was able to preform in the playoffs. I'm not saying that he had to beat the Bucks, but if it were a longer (6 or 7 game series) and he put up big numbers, I think people would understand. But hes been pretty bad, and at some points he's seemed to give up... Hell, Bledsoe outplayed him over the past 4 games (Just like Rozier did it to him last year).

This has essentially proven what Ewing was referring to; He can't really carry a team by himself, (a 1B type of star).

Chronz
05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah, these past 4 games were atrocious. Even with all of the bull during the season from him, it would've all been forgiven if he was able to preform in the playoffs. I'm not saying that he had to beat the Bucks, but if it were a longer (6 or 7 game series) and he put up big numbers, I think people would understand. But hes been pretty bad, and at some points he's seemed to give up... Hell, Bledsoe outplayed him over the past 4 games (Just like Rozier did it to him last year).

This has essentially proven what Ewing was referring to; He can't really carry a team by himself, (a 1B type of star).

I dont think thats proven yet, he may very well be a 2a/b star.

Chronz
05-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Exactly he is in that 1B Star category with guys like Lillard and Curry. Sometimes they can carry sometimes they canít

Except with Kyrie, he cant carry as often as they can and when he cant carry, his game is lesser than theirs too. So its like his floor is lower, so too his ceiling.

ewing
05-08-2019, 10:28 PM

Itís weird. I donít think many people put him in that 1a category but there are certain fans that kill him over and over again for being really good but not all time good. Isnít it strange that they are all LeBron homers???? Anyway to me Irving is like what Pierce was in terms of impact. A really good player that could be your lead guy on a championship level team but it better be the right team and not just a bunch of good role players.

TakeYourL
05-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Kyrie hit Andrew big shots in the finals once and got considered a superstar for it lol.

This is the real Kyrie.

And unfortunately he I'll end up a knick. I can only hope he goes back to Bron, but I don't think he will

YAALREADYKNO
05-08-2019, 10:52 PM
Canít take away what he did in 2016 cause the Cavs donít complete the comeback without him but as people have already said, heís more suited to be a 2 than a 1

More-Than-Most
05-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Itís weird. I donít think many people put him in that 1a category but there are certain fans that kill him over and over again for being really good but not all time good. Isnít it strange that they are all LeBron homers???? Anyway to me Irving is like what Pierce was in terms of impact. A really good player that could be your lead guy on a championship level team but it better be the right team and not just a bunch of good role players.

it has 0 to do with being a lebron homer... did you watch this series at all outside of game 1? he legit gave up... youd kill lebron/harden or just about anyone for giving up wiithout them being injured and this dude just did that... you have charles complaining about the dude and how the bench energy is so much better... his was awful shooting wise and brought nothing this series outside of game 1 but everyone could live with that if he went down swinging... he legit wasnt even trying in the 2nd half tonight and gave no ****s early on in a must win game.

PAOboston
05-08-2019, 10:56 PM
He wonít have to worry about the playoffs because heíll be on the Knicks! Problem solved!

Cal827
05-08-2019, 11:26 PM

:laugh2: Only Lebron can get the credit for the victories ... I've seen that Block so many more times than I've seen Kyrie's shot on highlights.... Don't get me wrong, it was an incredible, playoff moment block, but Kyrie's shot was also an incredible playoff moment. He hit the shot, on the road, in a game 7, in the building of a team that won 73 games, in the face of the unanimous MVP of the season.

Would Dirk fit that too to you (the one you have Pierce and Kyrie in)? I mean, we saw him struggle to carry the Mavs out of the West so many times, but once the perfect role players were around him (E.g. Chandler, Kidd, that ****face that basically just hacked Lebron 6 times a game then fouled out), was able to win a title.

Granted, both of those guys had carried their teams to at least their respective conference finals once as the main guy on the team, while with Irving, this is pretty much the first time (possibly the only time), we'll see him as the main guy leading the team in the playoffs.

Cal827
05-08-2019, 11:30 PM
it has 0 to do with being a lebron homer... did you watch this series at all outside of game 1? he legit gave up... youd kill lebron/harden or just about anyone for giving up wiithout them being injured and this dude just did that... you have charles complaining about the dude and how the bench energy is so much better... his was awful shooting wise and brought nothing this series outside of game 1 but everyone could live with that if he went down swinging... he legit wasnt even trying in the 2nd half tonight and gave no ****s early on in a must win game.

Definitely noticed it in this game though... Freaking Embiid with the resp infection played harder at points than Irving did today... maybe it's because the Bucks were so incredibly strong and it was pretty clear who was gonna win at the half?

Hawkeye15
05-09-2019, 12:17 AM

Ever question which name Dame played for, the one on the front or the one on the back? That is the difference for me

ewing
05-09-2019, 03:49 AM

Yeah itís just a coincidence lol. I didnít watch all of tonight. I thought he was decent in game 2 as well. If he threw in the towel early he deserved criticism for that.

ewing
05-09-2019, 03:50 AM
:laugh2: Only Lebron can get the credit for the victories ... I've seen that Block so many more times than I've seen Kyrie's shot on highlights.... Don't get me wrong, it was an incredible, playoff moment block, but Kyrie's shot was also an incredible playoff moment. He hit the shot, on the road, in a game 7, in the building of a team that won 73 games, in the face of the unanimous MVP of the season.

Would Dirk fit that too to you (the one you have Pierce and Kyrie in)? I mean, we saw him struggle to carry the Mavs out of the West so many times, but once the perfect role players were around him (E.g. Chandler, Kidd, that ****face that basically just hacked Lebron 6 times a game then fouled out), was able to win a title.

Granted, both of those guys had carried their teams to at least their respective conference finals once as the main guy on the team, while with Irving, this is pretty much the first time (possibly the only time), we'll see him as the main guy leading the team in the playoffs.

No Dirk was better then either of those guys. They need co-stars not just really good role players

More-Than-Most
05-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Yeah itís just a coincidence lol. I didnít watch all of tonight. I thought he was decent in game 2 as well. If he threw in the towel early he deserved criticism for that.

i thought the dude took that superstar step this year and praised him to no end and hell i hope we sign him and trade ben this off season but Holy **** if you watch 2nites game you will be in aww... Either he hates the celtics and was tired of the situation or he is a quitter man... it was that bad... He had no fire... no energy and no ****s were being given... It was actually disgusting. I feel like its def the situation he is in when you factor all the crap he stated all year but i dont know.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 08:19 AM
How bad is Kyrie? If you factor in the contract he's on and likely to receive, I have to beg the question is Bledsoe above him? Is Kyrie on Lowrys tier?

IndyRealist
05-09-2019, 09:34 AM
PSD needs to stop buying into simplistic narratives. Kyrie didn't perform well because the Celtics starters hate playing with him. The Celtics are at their best when, like last year, they share the ball and they take the best shot, regardless of who's shot it is. Kyrie isoball made everyone else play selfish, because they knew if they gave up the ball they were never getting it back. We're gonna talk about Kyrie getting called out for lack of energy, but not talk about how the Celtics' passing and assists were down 20%? Kyrie goes something like 7 for 23, and says he should have taken 30? The team was done with Kyrie, last night's game was just a formality.

It DOES NOT MATTER how great a player is if the rest of the team doesn't buy into it. Ask Lebron. Can't believe y'all got me defending Kyrie freaking Irving. This place is so unreasonable.

Cal827
05-09-2019, 09:39 AM
PSD needs to stop buying into simplistic narratives. Kyrie didn't perform well because the Celtics starters hate playing with him. The Celtics are at their best when, like last year, they share the ball and they take the best shot, regardless of who's shot it is. Kyrie isoball made everyone else play selfish, because they knew if they gave up the ball they were never getting it back. We're gonna talk about Kyrie getting called out for lack of energy, but not talk about how the Celtics' passing and assists were down 20%? Kyrie goes something like 7 for 23, and says he should have taken 30? The team was done with Kyrie, last night's game was just a formality.

It DOES NOT MATTER how great a player is if the rest of the team doesn't buy into it. Ask Lebron. Can't believe y'all got me defending Kyrie freaking Irving. This place is so unreasonable.

I'm not sure if you guys saw it, but Rozier's comments were interesting. He basically implied that it was difficult to play at time because some people were primarily focused on getting theirs. Seems like a bit of shot at Kyrie (and maybe Hayward).

Cal827
05-09-2019, 09:51 AM
How bad is Kyrie? If you factor in the contract he's on and likely to receive, I have to beg the question is Bledsoe above him? Is Kyrie on Lowrys tier?

I'd probably laugh if he's asking me for the max. A guy who has health issues, personality issues, and isn't a 2-way player sounds like a disaster contract.

He probably should get a contract similar to Kyle's current one with Toronto (30-34 mill range) but not the near 40million max. I do think Lowry is a little overpaid though... But I guess it depends what team gets him. A team in need of a scorer would spend more than a team that is more well rounded with its roster.

He's above Lowry, but man... when he's not trying it shows... I can't believe I'm going to bring this up since I laughed at people defending it when it happened :laugh2:, but when Lowry had a horrible offensive game (e.g. the 0 point game vs Orlando) he still played full effort on the other end. :laugh2:

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 09:57 AM
I'd probably laugh if he's asking me for the max. A guy who has health issues, personality issues, and isn't a 2-way player sounds like a disaster contract.

He probably should get a contract similar to Kyle's current one with Toronto (30-34 mill range) but not the near 40million max. I do think Lowry is a little overpaid though... But I guess it depends what team gets him. A team in need of a scorer would spend more than a team that is more well rounded with its roster.

He's above Lowry, but man... when he's not trying it shows... I can't believe I'm going to bring this up since I laughed at people defending it when it happened :laugh2:, but when Lowry had a horrible offensive game (e.g. the 0 point game vs Orlando) he still played full effort on the other end. :laugh2:

Bledsoe got 4/70. I would think that's the starting point. And if he's going solely for $ someone will give it to him. But I would want it for 4-5 years in fear of him quitting on the team again

Hawkeye15
05-09-2019, 09:59 AM

You aren't defending him. Instead explaining another fault of his...

Vee-Rex
05-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Kyrie was extremely disappointing in the playoffs. His efficiency was awful. I wouldn't normally be so put off by that 9 game stretch (we've seen other guys play badly as well). The performance was bad but the way he handled it (on and off the court) was pretty disgusting.

It's like he's trying SO HARD to be perceived as a leader when he isn't. He's trying so hard to follow the Kobe mold when he's nowhere near the player or leader Kobe was.

I honestly don't have faith he'll be able to grow from this because he seems to be too immature and stuck on himself. He has all the physical skills to be that first banana but his mind/BBIQ isn't there, and I'm not sure it ever will be.

I do take a little selfish satisfaction knowing that both LeBron and Kyrie leaving Cleveland has led to failure so far. Cavs, IMO, would still be contending on the East if both have stayed.

Difference is, LeBron had nothing left to prove and left a bad team. Kyrie left the best team in the East like a complete moron.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Kyrie was extremely disappointing in the playoffs. His efficiency was awful. I wouldn't normally be so put off by that 9 game stretch (we've seen other guys play badly as well). The performance was bad but the way he handled it (on and off the court) was pretty disgusting.

It's like he's trying SO HARD to be perceived as a leader when he isn't. He's trying so hard to follow the Kobe mold when he's nowhere near the player or leader Kobe was.

I honestly don't have faith he'll be able to grow from this because he seems to be too immature and stuck on himself. He has all the physical skills to be that first banana but his mind/BBIQ isn't there, and I'm not sure it ever will be.

I do take a little selfish satisfaction knowing that both LeBron and Kyrie leaving Cleveland has led to failure so far. Cavs, IMO, would still be contending on the East if both have stayed.

Difference is, LeBron had nothing left to prove and left a bad team. Kyrie left the best team in the East like a complete moron.

Right. But the bucks still have a better team than the others that lebron has faced in the east in a while. Even if the cavs are the one seed and the bucks as the two seed - Philly would be dispatched rather quickly by either and Toronto would be a toss up depending how they finished 3/4

Vee-Rex
05-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Right. But the bucks still have a better team than the others that lebron has faced in the east in a while. Even if the cavs are the one seed and the bucks as the two seed - Philly would be dispatched rather quickly by either and Toronto would be a toss up depending how they finished 3/4

No doubt. Bucks are better than any team in the East the 2014-18 Cavs faced. Would be a helluva series.

Kawhi-Raps are also better than any team the Cavs had faced.

I can understand LeBron leaving, but Kyrie's trade request was soooo dumb and immature. He couldn't accept being the 2nd banana to the indisputable top 3-5 player of all time, with many arguing he is the GOAT. I mean, think about that for a second... you can't be the 1B/2A to a historic player like LeBron? It's freaking insane. Now look where it got you. I've been sticking up for him this whole time but I can no longer defend him. He deserves all the criticism he gets. Boston losing isn't all his fault, no, but he's the 'man' and the 'leader' he wanted to be so he's gonna have to take a large chunk of responsibility.

I'm just glad we got Collin Sexton out of that deal :laugh2:

SteBO
05-09-2019, 10:53 AM
No doubt. Bucks are better than any team in the East the 2014-18 Cavs faced. Would be a helluva series.

Kawhi-Raps are also better than any team the Cavs had faced.

I can understand LeBron leaving, but Kyrie's trade request was soooo dumb and immature. He couldn't accept being the 2nd banana... well look where it got you. I've been sticking up for him this whole time but I can no longer defend him.

I'm just glad we got Collin Sexton out of that deal :laugh2:
Yeah. He just wasn't ready for what he was asking for. Even understanding how hard it is expect professional athletes to have a certain level of self-awareness, it was a bad move.

IndyRealist
05-09-2019, 10:57 AM
You aren't defending him. Instead explaining another fault of his...

I could have used another few sentences to close out that rant. Kyrie is a great one-on-one player, maybe the best in the league. The problem is that this Celtics team, especially with Tatum, is not built to play around a single isoball player. In the same way, Harden looked good but not MVP level until he had a team built to his strengths. Adding pieces around Kyrie will always be easier than adding Kyrie to a complete team.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Kyrie is 100% leaving Boston.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 11:07 AM
Kyrie is 100% leaving Boston.

I just love to watch you talk to yourself. It's adorable. Thank you for such an enlightening & eye-opening post. You provided such a deep insight to the kyrie situation that it's rather groundbreaking.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Bingo....you only get away with being a selfish, arrogant, me first player if you are so good it actually helps your team. The way he has acted this season should turn off even his biggest defenders.

Like trust me, none of us like people like MJ, Kobe, or Lebron. Type A people are insufferable. But when they are amazing at what they do it gets overlooked. When they are not that good, they become borderline toxic.

Hawkeye15
05-09-2019, 11:33 AM
I could have used another few sentences to close out that rant. Kyrie is a great one-on-one player, maybe the best in the league. The problem is that this Celtics team, especially with Tatum, is not built to play around a single isoball player. In the same way, Harden looked good but not MVP level until he had a team built to his strengths. Adding pieces around Kyrie will always be easier than adding Kyrie to a complete team.

Kyrie is a playground style player, which is easily the least appealing type to me, hence my hatred torwards his game. My hate further developed watching him turn into an insufferable prick this year.

JAZZNC
05-09-2019, 12:21 PM
I honestly think how he handled it all is way worse than his actual play. The Celtics are probably better off without him next year.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 12:24 PM
I honestly think how he handled it all is way worse than his actual play. The Celtics are probably better off without him next year.

I agree, let him walk for free. Crazy to see his last two teams practically give up on him even if heís talented... something up with Kyrie as a locker room leader.

PAOboston
05-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Okay, Irving had a rough series and Boston had a rough season where they never gelled and came together as a team. That being said, some of the hot takes are kind of crazy. Heís a significantly better player than Eric Bledsoe lol.

He isnít as bad as people are making him out to be here. Heís a upper tier PG. I believe the entire being a leader thing snowballed on him. I think he wanted to prove to people he could be that guy that it derailed him as a person and that ultimately caused resentment and friction amongst his teammates. Becoming a leader or showing leadership qualities doesnít work like that. You donít just show up and be a leader. Some people have it. Other gain it over time after learning from mistakes. He needs to do some soul searching. His intentions to be a leader might be good but the way he went about it was not correct. Whether or not that happens in Boston remains to be seen.

I believe the Cs will wish to have him back and offer him the max. Getting another star and some more veteran players on the roster to take the load off leadership wise would help as well. A large reason for the discontinuity on the roster was because the young guys thought they were more important after success last year. It will be a learning curve for those guys as well during the offseason.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Okay, Irving had a rough series and Boston had a rough season where they never gelled and came together as a team. That being said, some of the hot takes are kind of crazy. Heís a significantly better player than Eric Bledsoe lol.

He isnít as bad as people are making him out to be here. Heís a upper tier PG. I believe the entire being a leader thing snowballed on him. I think he wanted to prove to people he could be that guy that it derailed him as a person and that ultimately caused resentment and friction amongst his teammates. Becoming a leader or showing leadership qualities doesnít work like that. You donít just show up and be a leader. Some people have it. Other gain it over time after learning from mistakes. He needs to do some soul searching. His intentions to be a leader might be good but the way he went about it was not correct. Whether or not that happens in Boston remains to be seen.

I believe the Cs will wish to have him back and offer him the max. Getting another star and some more veteran players on the roster to take the load off leadership wise would help as well. A large reason for the discontinuity on the roster was because the young guys thought they were more important after success last year. It will be a learning curve for those guys as well during the offseason.

If you swap Kyrie and Bledsoe the Bucks lose the series. Not an outrageous take.

valade16
05-09-2019, 01:01 PM
Ever question which name Dame played for, the one on the front or the one on the back? That is the difference for me

People often say they are equal and their stats show as if they are, but this is why I would be livid if Portland ever traded Lillard for Kyrie. Lillard makes his team better and Kyrie does not. No one would say that the Blazers are more talented than the Celtics and yet they are both about to lose in the same round. Swap them and the Celtics go further and I question whether Portland even gets this far.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 01:05 PM
People often say they are equal and their stats show as if they are, but this is why I would be livid if Portland ever traded Lillard for Kyrie. Lillard makes his team better and Kyrie does not. No one would say that the Blazers are more talented than the Celtics and yet they are both about to lose in the same round. Swap them and the Celtics go further and I question whether Portland even gets this far.

Lillard is also extremely likable. Kyrie? Yeah no

Chronz
05-09-2019, 01:24 PM

That's you defending kyrie?

valade16
05-09-2019, 01:36 PM

:laugh2:

his defense of Kyrie was "he plays so selfish the other players don't like playing with him" lol

IndyRealist
05-09-2019, 01:44 PM

Lol. Kyrie is a great player, even if I dislike his style. His poor performance this postseason has little to do with his basketball ability and everything to do with his teammates not wanting to be on the floor with him. You -can- build around a guy like Kyrie. But the team has to buy into him being the alpha. His teammates likely don't expect him to even be around next season, so why would they cater to his playstyle?

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Heís gone this summer and so are he following:

Kemba
KD
Jimmy
Kawhi
Maybe Klay and cousins

A lot of big names moving around this summer.

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:50 PM
If you swap Kyrie and Bledsoe the Bucks lose the series. Not an outrageous take.

Yes it is.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Heís gone this summer and so are he following:

Kemba
KD
Jimmy
Kawhi
Maybe Klay and cousins

A lot of big names moving around this summer.

Tobias?

Jamiecballer
05-09-2019, 02:06 PM
You aren't defending him. Instead explaining another fault of his...I was about to say "that's what you call defending him lol"

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Tobias?

Heís staying but not worth the mention.

TakeYourL
05-09-2019, 06:40 PM
Kyrie is your typical dumb person who thinks he's smarter than everyone.

You can't tell these fools anything. He will never change.

ewing
05-09-2019, 09:36 PM
Some of you seem pretty invested in this guyís failure

Vee-Rex
05-09-2019, 10:05 PM

Yep

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 11:32 PM

Iíll gladly take him lol

Hawkeye15
05-09-2019, 11:48 PM

Considering you ran a campaign on hating an actually great player, this is an ironic post brother

Kyrie is exactly what you don't want in a star. Talent galore with pure selfishness and defensiveness programmed inside him. He plays for him, not his team. How on earth do you not see that?

cmellofan15
05-10-2019, 12:15 AM

How can you hate the pass first guy who throws his teammates under the bus and give the shoot first guy who throws his teammates under the bus a pass?

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 12:17 AM
Anonymous Celtics player to Jeff Goodman: ďEveryone respects his talent, but heís hard to play with. Itís all about him.Ē

I mean hawk isnt really making this **** up lol

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 12:30 AM
Anonymous Celtics player to Jeff Goodman: ďEveryone respects his talent, but heís hard to play with. Itís all about him.Ē

Yikes!

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 05:46 AM
real quick before ewing jumps back in here trying to defend

[Melas] The Boston Celtics are the first team in NBA History to win their first 5 games of a postseason then lose their next 4.

That is kyrie without lebron.................. go watch the last 2 games and watch him quit then try to justify him. Imagine if lebron lost at all before the finals which he doesnt do and **** the bed statistically like kyrie did WHICH HE DOESNT DO all while not playing in the final game like he gives no ****s WHICH HE DOESNT DO... and sit here and hate on lebron but continually defend kyrie... imagine?

You cant have it both ways nomatter what... you cant **** on lebron constantly and defend **** *** kyrie after this performance... he ****ing quit.

ewing
05-10-2019, 05:49 AM
Considering you ran a campaign on hating an actually great player, this is an ironic post brother

Kyrie is exactly what you don't want in a star. Talent galore with pure selfishness and defensiveness programmed inside him. He plays for him, not his team. How on earth do you not see that?

I always said lebron was good just that he was insufferable and even you homers are starting to realize how right I was

ewing
05-10-2019, 05:52 AM

[Melas] The Boston Celtics are the first team in NBA History to win their first 5 games of a postseason then lose their next 4.

That is kyrie without lebron.................. go watch the last 2 games and watch him quit then try to justify him. Imagine if lebron lost at all before the finals which he doesnt do and **** the bed statistically like kyrie did WHICH HE DOESNT DO all while not playing in the final game like he gives no ****s WHICH HE DOESNT DO... and sit here and hate on lebron but continually defend kyrie... imagine?

You cant have it both ways nomatter what... you cant **** on lebron constantly and defend **** *** kyrie after this performance... he ****ing quit.

LeBron never quit on his team in the playoffs before bolting pn them in the off season, oh wait he did the same exact thing, sorry about that. Just admit it you are a hater. I admitted I was a LeBron hater from day one

ewing
05-10-2019, 05:55 AM

I never defended him quitting. You are a classic hater. If I disagree with your irrational hating so I must also disagree with the one rational thing you said. Classic hater

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:01 AM
LeBron never quit on his team in the playoffs before bolting pn them in the off season, oh wait he did the same exact thing, sorry about that. Just admit it you are a hater. I admitted I was a LeBron hater from day one

gave kyrie insane praise for taking that step and said i wanted him to join the sixers in the off season... lebron never ever QUIT ON HIS TEAM WHILE HE WAS A MEMBER OF THAT TEAM...That is a huge ****ing difference... kyrie had his bags packed mid season yet you sit here and praise kyrie and hate on lebron... just stop. Its a wrap... this dude just ****ing quit on the celtics mid playoffs. I hate the celtics and hell good he did but no team deserves that period. Morris/smart etc played their ***** off while this dude is worried about his next team and himself

Hey no worried\s id be defensive too if i hated on 1 guy who did his job and defended another and that another dude turned out to be a big *** ***** who quit on his team.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:07 AM
I never defended him quitting. You are a classic hater. If I disagree with your irrational hating so I must also disagree with the one rational thing you said. Classic hater

you didnt disagree you just defended while admitted you didnt watch???? that is just as bad if not worse... you defend just to defend because you like the player... it sucks... i get it... HE QUIT... You **** on lebron for years who was a far ****ing superior player but he never once quit... this dude quit on top of costing his team while they played hard and you tried to defend him or get butthurt and lash out and call people out for hating when welp that was you in a nutshell for lebron for years but what exactly is more deserved???????? come on good buy... i like you but lmfao

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:08 AM

wait when did lebron ever quit on his team in the post season exactly? Oh wait you mean when he avg 27/7/7 on 57/41/80 and decided to leave the heat because wade/bosh went to **** and he was tired of carrying? that is quitting kiddo? That is realizing they are just relying on him and even as superman he cant get the job done but takes all the ****ing blame.

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:13 AM
you didnt disagree you just defended while admitted you didnt watch???? that is just as bad if not worse... you defend just to defend because you like the player... it sucks... i get it... HE QUIT... You **** on lebron for years who was a far ****ing superior player but he never once quit... this dude quit on top of costing his team while they played hard and you tried to defend him or get butthurt and lash out and call people out for hating when welp that was you in a nutshell for lebron for years but what exactly is more deserved???????? come on good buy... i like you but lmfao

I said I didnt watch that game but if he quit he deserved criticism. Iíve seen some pretty bad clips since.

For LeBron he quit 2010 in Boston and he quit mid season on Clev two years ago minimum. Iíve said All year I like Kyrie but he is acting like LeBron this year

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:16 AM
wait when did lebron ever quit on his team in the post season exactly? Oh wait you mean when he avg 27/7/7 on 57/41/80 and decided to leave the heat because wade/bosh went to **** and he was tired of carrying? that is quitting kiddo? That is realizing they are just relying on him and even as superman he cant get the job done but takes all the ****ing blame.

He quit on the Cavs before leaving the first time. It was totally obvious and a huge story

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:24 AM
He quit on the Cavs before leaving the first time. It was totally obvious and a huge story

that isnt quitting... did you not hear the god awful stories of what the owner did to him?

29/9/8 on 50/40/70 with 2 blocks and 2 steals per game on 41 minutes per game in the playoffs is quitting... well **** me i guess every single player who has won or hasnt has quit since then because nobody has come close to that except lebron ****ing james.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:28 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/jamesle01/gamelog/2010

that is quitting boys

27/19/10 on 41 minutes played in the final game against boston... it couldnt be because he was tired through the series avg 43 MPG in a 48 minute game lmfao... jesus christ

he was asked to do everything against KG/PP/Allen and a bench with whom as his 2nd best player exactly?

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:30 AM

that is quitting boys

27/19/10 on 41 minutes played in the final game against boston... it couldnt be because he was tired through the series avg 43 MPG in a 48 minute game lmfao... jesus christ

your a homer

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:32 AM
your a homer

:laugh:

i am a sixer fan that has said lebron was **** this year xD... wtf. I love lebron because i saw how he was used/abused throughout his career before he went to the heat IN FREE AGENCY... He gave everything... You are just a flat out hater.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:35 AM
lebron james in the playoffs in his final year with the cavs... 29/9/8/2/2 on 50/40/72 pct shooting in 42 MPG with his 2nd best player being... welp you look at the roster lmfao equals quitter

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html

Chronz
05-10-2019, 06:42 AM

that is quitting boys

he was asked to do everything against KG/PP/Allen and a bench with whom as his 2nd best player exactly?
He also played through an injury he would've sat for in the regular season. Would've been his most time missed too, that man was indestructible

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:45 AM
He also played through an injury he would've sat for in the regular season. Would've been his most time missed too, that man was indestructible

doesnt matter... he quit...... he couldnt put up 90/90/90 on 90/90/90 by himself and thus he quit... dudes trash.

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:49 AM
:laugh:

i am a sixer fan that has said lebron was **** this year xD... wtf. I love lebron because i saw how he was used/abused throughout his career before he went to the heat IN FREE AGENCY... He gave everything... You are just a flat out hater.

He didnít show up for game 5 against the Celtics. People blamed the way he closed that on West ****ing his Mom. Idk what happened but something that looked real bad did. He also clearly quit on the Cleveland trade him got traded. Listen to yourself ď used/abusedĒ lol your a total homer

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:50 AM
Poor LeBron was abused lol

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:51 AM
He didnít show up for game 5 against the Celtics. People blamed the way he closed that on West ****ing his Mom. Idk what happened but something that looked real bad did. He also clearly quit on the Cleveland trade him got traded. Listen to yourself ď used/abusedĒ lol your a total homer

who was his 2nd best player?
the other team has KG/PP/ALLEN
He avg 43 minutes on 27/8/7 or some **** per game for the series... 43 minutes out of 48 after playing every game every season and avg 40 plus minutes per game in every post season yet I am the homer???? yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... not a hater at all. Kyrie quit/choked/packed his bags mid season and was never the star you and others thought he was and needed daddy to save him... lick your wounds and move on.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:53 AM
Poor LeBron was abused lol

i mean if you were used by an organization for years because you could carry like he did while they refused to get the best player ever or in the world help all while he played damn near every minute of every game and damn near avg a trip doub etc etc etc against far better teams... yea he was used.

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:56 AM
who was his 2nd best player?
the other team has KG/PP/ALLEN
He avg 43 minutes on 27/8/7 or some **** per game for the series... 43 minutes out of 48 after playing every game every season and avg 40 plus minutes per game in every post season yet I am the homer???? yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... not a hater at all. Kyrie quit/choked/packed his bags mid season and was never the star you and others thought he was and needed daddy to save him... lick your wounds and move on.

Youíre insane. I never said Kyrie was anything but a 1B Star. Heís really good. Everyone knows he not as good as LeBron but since LeBron needed him once you act like a mental case

ewing
05-10-2019, 06:57 AM
i mean if you were used by an organization for years because you could carry like he did while they refused to get the best player ever or in the world help all while he played damn near every minute of every game and damn near avg a trip doub etc etc etc against far better teams... yea he was used.

They should make a lifetime movie

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:59 AM
Youíre insane. I never said Kyrie was anything but a 1B Star. Heís really good. Everyone knows he not as good as LeBron but since LeBron needed him once you act like a mental case

lmfao you are the one that has hated on lebron forever on top of loving kyrie forever... i came around on kyrie this year yet i am the mental case when you are the one speaking about kyrie as amazing and now he is a 1b? he isnt 1b because that is disrespectful to lebron whom you have **** on for years... HE QUIT... He quit while being a **** leader and tried to get out of lebrons shadow only to get flat out exposed and you blame others in here for being emotional when all along you have **** on lebron but ignore how insanely sad kyrie has been with his attitude/playoff out put and now quitting? you came in a few games ago and tried to argue he didnt cost them when it was clear as day he did in game 3 and he was awful... my dude this is looking sad for you... just stop.

More-Than-Most
05-10-2019, 06:59 AM
They should make a lifetime movie

:laugh: :laugh:

my dude is angry.

ewing
05-10-2019, 09:17 AM
lmfao you are the one that has hated on lebron forever on top of loving kyrie forever... i came around on kyrie this year yet i am the mental case when you are the one speaking about kyrie as amazing and now he is a 1b? he isnt 1b because that is disrespectful to lebron whom you have **** on for years... HE QUIT... He quit while being a **** leader and tried to get out of lebrons shadow only to get flat out exposed and you blame others in here for being emotional when all along you have **** on lebron but ignore how insanely sad kyrie has been with his attitude/playoff out put and now quitting? you came in a few games ago and tried to argue he didnt cost them when it was clear as day he did in game 3 and he was awful... my dude this is looking sad for you... just stop.

Your a mental case. Iíve said forever that LeBron is the best player in the league and a top 10 player off all time. Iíve said forever that Irving is not near as good but is hardly Ricky Rubio or George Hill and it definitely possible to win with him. This year he was passive aggressive in the media all year and I thought he acted like a *****. He also didnít have a great playoff series. Heís generally been a good playoff performer and has a skill set that translates but the the second he fails who is making the ďplayoff KyrieĒ thread? The irrational hater. Itís ok MTM, we all know what you are.

PAOboston
05-10-2019, 09:21 AM

Anonymous player. Hah. We all know itís Terry Rozier.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 09:46 AM
I always said lebron was good just that he was insufferable and even you homers are starting to realize how right I was

I am not turning this into a LeBron thread, I just find it interesting you have defended a fake *** star so hard, while crapping on a real superstar, for literally the same reason. But, we all have our preferences...

warfelg
05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Not so subtle shot from Al Horfords sister:

ewing
05-10-2019, 10:01 AM
I am not turning this into a LeBron thread, I just find it interesting you have defended a fake *** star so hard, while crapping on a real superstar, for literally the same reason. But, we all have our preferences...

I like watching Kyrie play I root for him more. Iíve also said multiple times he acted like an ******* this year. How is that defending?

I think my assessment of his play is reasonable. Your isnít

smith&wesson
05-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Kyrie proved heís a 2nd fiddle... I think this whole experiment of going to the Celtics was simply to see if he can lead a team and I guess he has the answer to his own question.

Playoff Kyrie is now 2nd fiddle Kyrie, Lakers bound Kyrie ...

smith&wesson
05-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Not so subtle shot from Al Horfords sister:

Not so subtle but I agree with her 100

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 10:41 AM
I like watching Kyrie play I root for him more. Iíve also said multiple times he acted like an ******* this year. How is that defending?

I think my assessment of his play is reasonable. Your isnít

I mean, disagree. Kyrie is fine as a second banana, if motivated. But he thinks he is more than that. He isn't..

ewing
05-10-2019, 11:12 AM
I mean, disagree. Kyrie is fine as a second banana, if motivated. But he thinks he is more than that. He isn't..

Basketball players are supposed to think they are better then they are
and how many of these true #1 you are taking about are there? Maybe 5. Yep heís below those guys. So?

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 11:32 AM
and how many of these true #1 you are taking about are there? Maybe 5. Yep heís below those guys. So?

he could stop being a, "then I will take my ball home" guy.

Anyways, he sucks. This is me moving on

warfelg
05-10-2019, 12:01 PM
he could stop being a, "then I will take my ball home" guy.

Anyways, he sucks. This is me moving on

Heís what A.I. would be if A.I. were 6í4Ē and didnít care after games.

Chronz
05-10-2019, 12:05 PM
Heís what A.I. would be if A.I. were 6í4Ē and didnít care after games.

So ai without heart?

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:11 PM
What a bunch of haters

Chronz
05-10-2019, 12:14 PM
What a bunch of haters

Marbury would've won them the series, fight me

SteBO
05-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Burden of proof at this point is on the people who actually think Kyrie can be the clear #1 on a championship team. I didn't even need this Boston stint to prove that he isn't. What did Irving do prior to LeBrons' arrival in CLE? I give Kyrie a ton of credit for his play in 2016, but we all know who driver of that bus was.

valade16
05-10-2019, 12:23 PM

This gives the impression he could be as good as the 6th best player in the league, or one the same plane as the next tier of guys after the true #1's.

He's not at that level. We all talk about him being a 1B but he was a 1B for the best player in the league. Is anyone sure he could be a 1B for a non-clear cut best player in the league?

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Burden of proof at this point is on the people who actually think Kyrie can be the clear #1 on a championship team. I didn't even need this Boston stint to prove that he isn't. What did Irving do prior to LeBrons' arrival in CLE? I give Kyrie a ton of credit for his play in 2016, but we all know who driver of that bus was.

The thing is you guys are fighting against yourselves. Is he an ideal #1? No but there are only a couple guys in the league who are. I donít really see anyone saying he is a top 5 player in the league. He is really good and I think he could a #1 the way Paul Pierce was or Chauncey Billups was. The best scorer in a team filled with really good players that plays well together. I really donít understand this ďyou canít win with himĒ argument people come up with for players they donít like. Itís just an easy way to hate on guys. Can you win with Irving? Sure. Is it easier to win with LeBron or KD it Freek? Sure

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:27 PM
This gives the impression he could be as good as the 6th best player in the league, or one the same plane as the next tier of guys after the true #1's.

He's not at that level. We all talk about him being a 1B but he was a 1B for the best player in the league. Is anyone sure he could be a 1B for a non-clear cut best player in the league?

My point was that there is a top tier and he isnít on it but so what? I donít think a lot people say he is.

Iím not sure what his # is but let me put it this way. If KL signed with the Knicks this year I am confident regardless of other moves they would be a playoff team this year. I canít say the sane for Kyrie but he wound up with AD he could win another title and be a big big part of it

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 12:31 PM
They might as well just send him to Miami. Bring him and Jimmy here, it could all be so simple.

warfelg
05-10-2019, 12:39 PM
So ai without heart?

Yup. But a little taller. Barely anyone defends A.I. as it is but some are making excuses for Kyrie? Like really?

I heard a caller on the radio say Boston failed and Kyrie looked like a bad leader because Boston was...get this...too good. He basically implied they were so good that they failed due to all these good players wanting it too much.

Chronz
05-10-2019, 12:43 PM
The thing is you guys are fighting against yourselves. Is he an ideal #1? No but there are only a couple guys in the league who are. I donít really see anyone saying he is a top 5 player in the league. He is really good and I think he could a #1 the way Paul Pierce was or Chauncey Billups was. The best scorer in a team filled with really good players that plays well together. I really donít understand this ďyou canít win with himĒ argument people come up with for players they donít like. Itís just an easy way to hate on guys. Can you win with Irving? Sure. Is it easier to win with LeBron or KD it Freek? Sure

You overrate him. We know hes not top dog, some of us are saying he's even lower than you think

valade16
05-10-2019, 12:48 PM

I don't think he can be. First, he has that in Boston and the reason by all accounts they couldn't play well together was because of Kyrie.

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:48 PM
You overrate him. We know hes not top dog, some of us are saying he's even lower than you think

ďHeís deadĒ ďhe sucksĒ ďproduct of LeBronĒ. Then someone calls these same posters out ďok heís a second fiddleĒ. Then back to ďI told you no one can win with himĒ It comical Chronz. just admit it, you guys are haters. Itís ok to root against certain guys

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:53 PM
I don't think he can be. First, he has that in Boston and the reason by all accounts they couldn't play well together was because of Kyrie.

I am disappointed in him and Boston this year. Did he really have teammates on the same level like those other guys though? I think you have to lay some of it on Gordon not being the same player and Tatum not being as good as we thought as well. Kyrie definitely gets a good deal of blame. If we actually want to talk about what happened on the court I think they needed to incorporate more ball handlers imo bc Kyrie really doesnít create a ton of pace and isnít a downhill driver that collapses defenses. That part is on Kyrie, his passive aggressive horseshit attitude with the media is definitely on him to

valade16
05-10-2019, 12:58 PM
I am disappointed in him and Boston this year. I think you have to lay some of it on Gordon not being the same player and Tatum not being as good as we thought as well. Kyrie definitely gets a good deal of blame. If we actually want to talk about what happened on the court I think they needed to incorporate more ball handlers imo bc Kyrie really doesnít create a ton of pace and isnít a downhill driver that collapses defenses. That part is on Kyrie, his passive aggressive horseshit attitude with the media is definitely on him to

I'm not saying that Boston's loss is 100% on Kyrie, there were a multitude of reasons they lost. But at the same time, Boston is about the closest approximation of the type of role you described where he could be the #1 and win and thus far it hasn't happened. What other teams currently do you think if Kyrie swapped out with their #1 (of 1B) could they compete and win a Championship? I think if the 04 Pistons swapped Chauncey for Kyrie they'd have gotten worse.

ewing
05-10-2019, 01:29 PM
I'm not saying that Boston's loss is 100% on Kyrie, there were a multitude of reasons they lost. But at the same time, Boston is about the closest approximation of the type of role you described where he could be the #1 and win and thus far it hasn't happened. What other teams currently do you think if Kyrie swapped out with their #1 (of 1B) could they compete and win a Championship? I think if the 04 Pistons swapped Chauncey for Kyrie they'd have gotten worse.

Thatís a good question. Those teams donít come along often. I think an comparable core would be something like him Butler, and Harris. I think Butler would be the best player on the team but you get the idea. As far as teams where you could swap him with someone that is tough. I think OCK for Westy might be your best bet. You are right that Boston was supposed to be that type of team this year and failed. A good of that is on Kyrie. It will be interesting if AD somehow winds up in Boston and Irving stays. Irving might be the second best player on the team here but AD doesnít have a shot at winning without his star power either

TakeYourL
05-10-2019, 01:29 PM

Some of you seem to forget he forced his way off a tram that just won a championship, because he wanted to be the alpha.

He literally demanded this kind of spotlight.

He got everything he wanted, and failed to deliver.

ewing
05-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Some of you seem to forget he forced his way off a tram that just won a championship, because he wanted to be the alpha.

He literally demanded this kind of spotlight.

He got everything he wanted, and failed to deliver.

I donít like anyone forcing trades but...

valade16
05-10-2019, 01:40 PM
Thatís a good question. Those teams donít come along often. I think an comparable core would be something like him Butler, and Harris. I think Butler would be the best player on the team but you get the idea. As far as teams where you could swap him with someone that is tough. I think OCK for Westy might be your best bet. You are right that Boston was supposed to be that type of team this year and failed. A good of that is on Kyrie. It will be interesting if AD somehow winds up in Boston and Irving stays. Irving might be the second best player on the team here but AD doesnít have a shot at winning without his star power either

I agree, the 04 Pistons is a once in a generation confluence of talent. This off-season will be interesting. It's interesting how timing seems to have such a profound impact on where people play. I think if Boston could have got AD or has assurances AD is going to Boston, Kyrie would re-sign. But without that, there's a very real possibility that he could bolt, especially if say KD to the Knicks is as strong as many claim.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2019, 01:43 PM

way lower. Like you are ****ed if you sign him lower because of everything EXCEPT his talent level, which is unquestionable. But ever single intangible, he fails at. Some guys, no matter their talent level, are losers. Kyrie is this exactly. What on earth has he ever proven, except he can very unwillingly get hot and be a dynamic second banana, something he absolutely refuses to embrace?

WaDe03
05-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Let me go ahead and let it be known. Kyrie will be on the Lakers next year, itís already done. LeBron going after Kawhi now.

Remember this post, save it as your sig.

Chronz
05-10-2019, 03:22 PM

Irving might be the 3rd best player tho

ewing
05-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Irving might be the 3rd best player tho

I definitely think he is better then Tobias Harris