PDA

View Full Version : Best Ad Package?

Heediot
05-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Hypothetically.

Let's say the only way Kawhi stays is to demand the Raps trade for AD, if your the Pelicans which package do you take?

A package involving Siakim? Tatum or Ingram? Even NYK if they get Zion?

Who has the highest stock between Siakim/Ingram/Tatum?

Does Boston still go after AD if Kyrie bolts?

I think Raps are still leading to re-sign Kawhi, especially if they finish off Philly. But if they get bounced by Philly, Masai has to look into the AD card to entice KL and boost the Raps chance of re-signing unless KL believes in Siakim and the teams future.

lakerfan85
05-08-2019, 09:01 AM
https://www.mequoda.com/articles/multiplatform-publishing-strategy/better-ad-package/

Iíd have to go with this one.. :D

buckalis
05-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Hypothetically.

Let's say the only way Kawhi stays is to demand the Raps trade for AD, if your the Pelicans which package do you take?

A package involving Siakim? Tatum or Ingram? Even NYK if they get Zion?

Who has the highest stock between Siakim/Ingram/Tatum?

Does Boston still go after AD if Kyrie bolts?

I think Raps are still leading to re-sign Kawhi, especially if they finish off Philly. But if they get bounced by Philly, Masai has to look into the AD card to entice KL and boost the Raps chance of re-signing unless KL believes in Siakim and the teams future.

I think there is absolutely no chance that AD will end to the Raptors and only very little chance that Kwahi will stay with the Raptors...

I think that the KL trade was an "one shot" from the Raptors F.O. thinking that they could easily make it to the league's finals after Lebron moved to California... If the Raps loose to the East finals by the Bucks (which I believe they will), this whole "vision" collapses...

But even if the Raps could beat the Bucks and do make it to the finals... IMO, it would take to beat GSW for Kwahi to consider staying... In any case, I very much doubt AD will want to end at the Raps, or that the Raps can (financially) take the load of adding AD and keep Leonard.

AD won't go to the Lakers either.

Chronz
05-08-2019, 09:08 PM
lol, yeah i thought this was a thread about advertising

Heediot
05-08-2019, 09:26 PM
I think there is absolutely no chance that AD will end to the Raptors and only very little chance that Kwahi will stay with the Raptors...

I think that the KL trade was an "one shot" from the Raptors F.O. thinking that they could easily make it to the league's finals after Lebron moved to California... If the Raps loose to the East finals by the Bucks (which I believe they will), this whole "vision" collapses...

But even if the Raps could beat the Bucks and do make it to the finals... IMO, it would take to beat GSW for Kwahi to consider staying... In any case, I very much doubt AD will want to end at the Raps, or that the Raps can (financially) take the load of adding AD and keep Leonard.

AD won't go to the Lakers either.

im sure kwahi wont be with the raps. but i like kawhi's chances of staying if they beat philly. raps can offer the most, but it comes with bad weather. la is home, but knowing his personality, he can be more low key and bothered less by people who can claim to be close to him in another city.

in this hypothetical, only reason raps do the trade is if ad extends as well.

I'm willing to sig bet or bet of some sort that Leonard stays in Toronto with whomever wants feels strongly of their own opinion.

Giannis94
05-08-2019, 10:30 PM
lol, yeah i thought this was a thread about advertising
I thought the same thing. May I suggest Google analytics.

LaVar Ball
05-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Jayson "The God" Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and picks

Am I Right NBA World?

Cal827
05-08-2019, 11:41 PM
Nah, lets go get Lebron instead :laugh2: (Anyone see that PSD headline saying that Lakers are trying to get Buss to trade him?.... UM)

DanG
05-09-2019, 08:02 AM
There are several teams now that can make a better offer than the Lakers with Ingram's health concerns.

Anyone who gets the #1 pick will probably have the best package.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 08:05 AM
Nah, lets go get Lebron instead :laugh2: (Anyone see that PSD headline saying that Lakers are trying to get Buss to trade him?.... UM)
Psd has a **** ton of clickbaits. They also had one about enbiids diet. Why do you think I posted the thread about kawhi and Lowry getting cookies at 1 am after a game?

Cal827
05-09-2019, 11:09 AM
Psd has a **** ton of clickbaits. They also had one about enbiids diet. Why do you think I posted the thread about kawhi and Lowry getting cookies at 1 am after a game?

:laugh2: Goddamnit I wish I saw that

CELTICS4LYFE
05-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Tatum/Smart/Yabs/Williams and picks

Horford opt out and resign 3/60

Let Rozier and Morris walk and sign a couple Vets, PG and 3nD....maybe Beverly and Green?

Kyrie/Beverly
Brown/Hayward/Green
AD/Horford/Baynes

Round it out with some vet mins and rookies, like to get Keldon Johnson if we keep a pick this year.

buckalis
05-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Tatum/Smart/Yabs/Williams and picks

Horford opt out and resign 3/60

Let Rozier and Morris walk and sign a couple Vets, PG and 3nD....maybe Beverly and Green?

Kyrie/Beverly
Brown/Hayward/Green
AD/Horford/Baynes

Round it out with some vet mins and rookies, like to get Keldon Johnson if we keep a pick this year.

The way it is, I don't think that the Celtics are targeting to trade for AD anymore, or that AD would want to join the Celtics... IMO, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum and Rosier are the only players in the Celtics roster that are secure and that the Celtics will be looking to trade Hayward's and Hortford's contracts (both of which the Pels don't have any interest on) this off season... At least that is what would be "the smart thing to do"...

Dade County
05-11-2019, 05:24 PM

Nothing has changed from kawhi camp stating in the very beginning he wants L.A. He's camp is just being silent right now because thats how the NBA handles there business, they can't have a player just wrecking the fan base season; so he just stays silent.

This allows the media to shape the story. Then the player leaves in free agency & fans want to get upset.

I believe what was stated from the very beginning until he's camp/Kawhi says otherwise.

Heediot
05-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Nothing has changed from kawhi camp stating in the very beginning he wants L.A. He's camp is just being silent right now because thats how the NBA handles there business, they can't have a player just wrecking the fan base season; so he just stays silent.

This allows the media to shape the story. Then the player leaves in free agency & fans want to get upset.

I believe what was stated from the very beginning until he's camp/Kawhi says otherwise.

Cool, your theory is plausible. I'm willing to bet on Masai and playing with Siakim and potential roster flexibility with most of the roster expiring after next year. He can still chase AD if desperate(and if both agree to stay long term) to keep him and maybe Pels will give him a good deal like he got Kawhi from the Spurs. Spurns the Lakers and reap the rewards.

I'm just being optimistic, if he leaves so be it. Id Masai can't sell the franchise and then they strike out on AD to boot....

But I have a gut feeling.

crewfan13
05-11-2019, 06:11 PM

Isnt that exactly what everyone said about Paul George though too?

Nothing has happened in the Lakers organization in the past 12 months to make them more appealing. At best, they are just as appealing as last offseason in his eyes. At worst, they could have fallen off substantially with players not taking a step forward and just general dysfunction all around the org.

And that leaves the clippers. They've always been a possibility and they may have been elevated this season. But it's still the 2nd fiddle organization in that town. Maybe he just does want LA for the physical location, but if he wants LA for the noteriety, I'm not sure the clippers provide that more than a smaller market organization would.

Dade County
05-12-2019, 12:05 AM
Isnt that exactly what everyone said about Paul George though too?

George Paul is insane, i don't defend crazy people.

& just look at the outcome from that decision, so the same way you can bring that up, the same way an agent of the Lakers can point out that same fact to Kawhi.

Nothing has happened in the Lakers organization in the past 12 months to make them more appealing. At best, they are just as appealing as last offseason in his eyes. At worst, they could have fallen off substantially with players not taking a step forward and just general dysfunction all around the org.

It's all about Lbj, the other players really don't matter they will get shipped out. But the biggest factor is KD, if he stays will GS, then Kawhi and other stars will just team up this off season; if KD leaves then it can be more of a balance league.

And that leaves the clippers. They've always been a possibility and they may have been elevated this season.

No star player is signing with them, this off season. Everyone will see. This has been the biggest sports media propaganda in a while. This reminds me of when the media wouldn't dare say 1 bad word towards Boston, the year before they traded for Irving & the year they acquired him.

But it's still the 2nd fiddle organization in that town. Maybe he just does want LA for the physical location, but if he wants LA for the noteriety, I'm not sure the clippers provide that more than a smaller market organization would.

It's all about the Lakers/Lbj this off season.

The League will try to have AD traded to a team like, Portland, Den, Bucks; so they can create hype around them all season long (forced balance).

LaVar Ball
05-12-2019, 12:47 AM
Jayson Tatum for Anthony Davis straight up

According to the media, that is fair

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 01:23 AM
Kevin Knox + 2019 1st round pick from the Knicks.. sign Kyrie in off-season and AD/Kyrie that ****..

buckalis
05-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Jayson Tatum for Anthony Davis straight up

According to the media, that is fair

No... it won't happen (unless the Celtics F.O. looses their mind)! The Celtics could possibly be looking for this if and only if this season wasn't a failure for them, as it now is, they sensible thing to do is to move on a rebuilt based on Tatum, Brown and Rosier and should try to move Hayward's and Hortford's contracts...

buckalis
05-12-2019, 02:36 PM
The League will try to have AD traded to a team like, Portland, Den, Bucks; so they can create hype around them all season long (forced balance).

I believe that unless the Bucks get Middleton and Lopez to agree on a "sign and trade" so that they only loose one piece out of their main roster on Middleton (and replace Lopez with AD), the Bucks will have weak interest on AD...

Reason is that the Bucks will not want to have two super max contracts (on Giannis and AD) to deal with in the following couple of years... IMO, the Bucks will take advantage of them being "1st targeted destination" for FAs and players wanted to be traded next season and will look to improve the roster a step further by adding a No2 behind Giannis on a "team friendly" contract... IMO, the Bucks will first look to trade for Paul George this off season and all other options will be second or third...

GREATNESS ONE
05-12-2019, 02:43 PM
McCollum and multiple 1st round picks for AD

AD/Dame would be soooo noooiiice.

Dade County
05-12-2019, 06:18 PM
McCollum and multiple 1st round picks for AD

AD/Dame would be soooo noooiiice.

AD camp has already stated what they want. Just because you are not hearing those reports anymore doesn't mean AD mind has changed.

So what if AD leaves the following season?

I actually like if AD was apart of the Portland roster along with Lillard & McCollum; at that point, I believe Portland would have a good chance of maybe keeping AD there; if KD also leaves GS this free agency to balance out the League.

cxres
05-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Pretty sure weíre going to be blindsided by NO. Lakers missed the opportunity and because of unfortunate events regarding those players I doubt they have a shot. I think even with the first overall pick the Knicks have a weak offer. Celtics have the only offer imo, but Kyrie is basically done with them so I doubt AD would even care ( it would just be a stop gap until he can choose LA). Boston has the best package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny642
05-13-2019, 12:58 AM
Knicks would be sick if we won the lottery. They'd have no offer.

Celtics would have to give us more for AD than just Tatum

Lakers need to somehow win the lottery to have a good offer to give us.

This offseason should be interesting

Heediot
05-15-2019, 07:28 AM
Looks like Lakers might hypothetically have the best package. Will the Pel's continue to spurn and spite them, and just use them as trade leverage?

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 07:39 AM
Jayson Tatum
Marcus Smart
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams
#14 and 22
2020 MEM pick

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Looks like Lakers might hypothetically have the best package. Will the Pel's continue to spurn and spite them, and just use them as trade leverage?

Idk if they do. LALís best offer is
Kyle Kuzma
Brandon Ingram (low value due to health)
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Mo Wagner

Itís a good offer. But I donít even know that theyíd off all that because theyíd be left with nothing on the roster to put around LBJ and AD. My guess is they offer any combination of 3 out of the 5. Plus #4. Not sure that can beat a Celtics offer. Itís really close though.

mike_noodles
05-15-2019, 07:43 AM
AD going to the Knicks for that #3 pick. NOLA going to put Williamson with Moran/Barrett.

Heediot
05-15-2019, 08:09 AM
AD going to the Knicks for that #3 pick. NOLA going to put Williamson with Moran/Barrett.

Not a bad idea reuniting Zion and RJ. Maybe their friendship will lock them in NO longer like the PG-RWB bromance.

They still have a min 7 years with those two, I'd do it.

DSJ, RJ, Knox, Mitchell

Trade Jrue for prospects/picks!!

CELTICS4LYFE
05-15-2019, 08:34 AM
Jayson Tatum
Marcus Smart
Guerschon Yabusele
Robert Williams
#14 and 22
2020 MEM pick

This. Or even 20 and Celtics 2020 pick added if they want more picks.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 09:48 AM
This. Or even 20 and Celtics 2020 pick added if they want more picks.

Does that even work salary wise? Being a team over the cap, and 122allocated for next season, youíre going to have to find a way to match AD Salary so at minimum Tatum, Smart and Brown + picks would have to be dealt.... or find a way to unload that hideous Hayward contract, or Horfords expiring somewhere..

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/yearly/cap/

smith&wesson
05-15-2019, 10:01 AM
If I was the Pelicans Iíd be aiming to pair up Zion with his duke teammate Barrett

Iíd ask the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr, Knox, and the 3rd pick

Iíd also shop Jrue to see if I can get another young piece or two.

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Does that even work salary wise? Being a team over the cap, and 122allocated for next season, youíre going to have to find a way to match AD Salary so at minimum Tatum, Smart and Brown + picks would have to be dealt.... or find a way to unload that hideous Hayward contract, or Horfords expiring somewhere..

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/boston-celtics/yearly/cap/

Tatum+Smart+Yabusele+Williams is enough to match salary wise. Itís about $25 million combined and we can take in 20% more than we send out in salary. So itís enough to cover Davis $27 mil

smith&wesson
05-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Not a bad idea reuniting Zion and RJ. Maybe their friendship will lock them in NO longer like the PG-RWB bromance.

They still have a min 7 years with those two, I'd do it.

DSJ, RJ, Knox, Mitchell

Trade Jrue for prospects/picks!!

I just posted the same thing. Sorry didnít see this until after. But I agree this is what the Pelicans should do. Why gamble on Ingramís health ? Why settle for Tatum who didnít take a next step? Why not have Zion with his Duke team mate Barrett for many years together on rookie contracts. . To me it seems like a no brainer.

Celtics and Lakers fans are dreaming at this point. I donít blame them.

smith&wesson
05-15-2019, 10:12 AM
Tatum+Smart+Yabusele+Williams is enough to match salary wise. Itís about $25 million combined and we can take in 20% more than we send out in salary. So itís enough to cover Davis $27 mil

That package wonít come anything close to being the best the Pelicans can receive for Davis. Infact itís likely among the worst... the 14th and 20th picks wonít be nearly as valuable to them as the 3rd pick would be. Youíre essentially hoping Tatum and Smart will be enough. Itís not.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Lakers-Suns-Pelicans

Lakers- AD

Suns- Lonzo Ball

Pelicans- 4th pick, 6th pick, 2021 LAL pick, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 10:27 AM
How far would the Knicks go to get AD if they really think theyíll get 2 max guys.

They have the 3rd pick (RJ) Knox DSJ and Robinson. Would they go all in for a big 3 of AD-KD-???

Would leave be pelicans with a very bright future:

DSJ
RJ
Knox
Zion
Robinson

smith&wesson
05-15-2019, 10:33 AM
How far would the Knicks go to get AD if they really think theyíll get 2 max guys.

They have the 3rd pick (RJ) Knox DSJ and Robinson. Would they go all in for a big 3 of AD-KD-???

Would leave be pelicans with a very bright future:

DSJ
RJ
Knox
Zion
Robinson

I believe this is what will transpire. What could be better then having Zion and Barrett to reset and rebuild ? And you still have Jrue as an asset and trade chip. They can essentially flip him in to another pick and or young prospects.

Oh and that 3rd star for the Knicks will be Kyrie

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 10:37 AM
I believe this is what will transpire. What could be better then having Zion and Barrett to reset and rebuild ? And you still have Jrue as an asset and trade chip. They can essentially flip him in to another pick and or young prospects.

Oh and that 3rd star for the Knicks will be Kyrie

Yea I think they at worst can get the 3rd or 4th pick from trading AD. Lakers have the better young guys to trade but the 3rd pick has a lot more value than the 4th so weíll see.

McAllen Tx
05-15-2019, 10:44 AM
Knicks #3, Knox, DSJ & Robinson

Bulls LaVine, Markkanen, Dunn & #7

Dade County
05-15-2019, 10:58 AM
I believe that unless the Bucks get Middleton and Lopez to agree on a "sign and trade" so that they only loose one piece out of their main roster on Middleton (and replace Lopez with AD), the Bucks will have weak interest on AD...

I don't see Lopez cooperating and Middleton will be over paid by someone.

Reason is that the Bucks will not want to have two super max contracts (on Giannis and AD) to deal with in the following couple of years...

Then Giannis should want out and secretly let the front office know. These organizations have to be able to go into the Tax

IMO, the Bucks will take advantage of them being "1st targeted destination" for FAs and players wanted to be traded next season

No one is lining up to go to the Bucks.

and will look to improve the roster a step further by adding a No2 behind Giannis on a "team friendly" contract... IMO, the Bucks will first look to trade for Paul George this off season and all other options will be second or third...

George Paul would be cool, but how does this help OKC?

Maybe they can aim for Tobias Harris in a S&T.

jericho
05-15-2019, 11:35 AM
Like a few have posted before. I think the Knicks with the 3rd pick, Dsj, Knox, Robinson and whatever is the best package for the pelicans. It would potentially pair Zion with rj and give them a starting 5 moving forward to develop together

jericho
05-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Dsj
Rj
Knox
Zion
Robinson

Plus the fillers to help the trade happen. If I were the pelicans. I would try to trade Jrue right away as opposed to later. That would make them players with some free agents in the off season. Some vets or young guys like Terry Rozier or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist(who could be their Iguadola). This could be one of the fastest rebuild and one of the most fun team to watch next season.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Lebron + #4 + 2021 1st round pick for Zion

mike_noodles
05-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Lebron + #4 + 2021 1st round pick for Zion

Different angle. I like it. James and Davis in NOLA.

TakeYourL
05-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Knicks wont trade Mitch. He's locked up for very cheap, and is already one of the best shot blockers and most agile/longest players in the NBA. Mitch has a ton of value to NY.

Kawhi only pulled in derozen, I dunno why people think NY has to give up a huge haul for AD.

NO don't wanna do business with ths Lakers, and Lakers players are worthless except Kuzma.

And AD won't sign an extension with the Celtics, or that trade would be done already.

That leaves only NY.

AntiG
05-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Knicks wont trade Mitch. He's locked up for very cheap, and is already one of the best shot blockers and most agile/longest players in the NBA. Mitch has a ton of value to NY.

Kawhi only pulled in derozen, I dunno why people think NY has to give up a huge haul for AD.

NO don't wanna do business with ths Lakers, and Lakers players are worthless except Kuzma.

And AD won't sign an extension with the Celtics, or that trade would be done already.

That leaves only NY.

Celtics by rule could not trade for him during last season due to having already traded for Irving. They can once the new NBA year begins on Jun 30.

Giannis94
05-15-2019, 01:23 PM
I think he'll get traded to the celtics and then sign with the Bucks in the offseason after the Bucks max KD or Klay

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 01:32 PM

That leaves only NY.

Youíre wrong here, itís new management running the show now.

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 01:32 PM
That package wonít come anything close to being the best the Pelicans can receive for Davis. Infact itís likely among the worst... the 14th and 20th picks wonít be nearly as valuable to them as the 3rd pick would be. Youíre essentially hoping Tatum and Smart will be enough. Itís not.

Right because the #3 pick is better than Tatum hahahahaha

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 01:36 PM

It very well could be. RJ definitely has the potential and hype to be better, Tatum wasnít near as impressive this year as his rookie year. None of him Mitchell or Simmons were really. The LeBron wade and Melo comparisons are looking terrible now.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Thatís assuming Zion and Ja go 1st and 2nd as they should.

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 01:37 PM

That leaves only NY.

You should take your own advice and take your L.

Because the Celtics has Kyrie they were not allowed to trade for AD. That deal literally could not be made until June 30 2019 and therefore ďwouldnít have already been done by nowĒ because it wasnít even a possibility and still isnít for another 45 days or so.

AD denied that he wouldnít be willing to re-sign in Boston.

And Letís Boston does pull off an AD trade and some of the players who were are problem for Kyrie in the roster are now gone (Rozier, etc). And NY lost the #1... Kyrie is staring at

NY with Durant and some young guys

Boston with AD, Al, Hayward, Morris (who he loves), and Brown

I think the choice is pretty easy once he sees it all on paper

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 01:39 PM
You should take your own advice and take your L.

Because the Celtics has Kyrie they were not allowed to trade for AD. That deal literally could not be made until June 30 2019 and therefore ďwouldnít have already been done by nowĒ because it wasnít even a possibility and still isnít for another 45 days or so.

AD denied that he wouldnít be willing to re-sign in Boston.

And Letís Boston does pull off an AD trade and some of the players who were are problem for Kyrie in the roster are now gone (Rozier, etc). And NY lost the #1... Kyrie is staring at

NY with Durant and some young guys

Durant and another max guy so Kyrie/Kawhi/Klay/Jimmy/Kemba

The Knicks is easily the better choice to be honest.

TakeYourL
05-15-2019, 01:44 PM

Lmao AD will beg the pelicans to stay if that's the roster he's looking at.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 01:50 PM
The speculation is really out there right now. Nothing is going to happen until draft day most likely.

TakeYourL
05-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Celtics by rule could not trade for him during last season due to having already traded for Irving. They can once the new NBA year begins on Jun 30.

Did not know this, another ridiculous NBA rule, I didn't even know this rule existed, whats the actual rule?

Didn't AD or his uncle say they wouldn't extend in Boston anyway?

Youíre wrong here, itís new management running the show now.

I don't think NO ownership liked the fact brons sports agent best friend, and the Lakers, basically tried to strong arm them into trading AD to L.A, 2 years before his contract was even up.

I don't think anyone in the NBA liked that tbh, which is why NO embarrassed LA the way they did.

I don't see them trading him to LA, and really don't think LA has much to offer anyway.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Did not know this, another ridiculous NBA rule, I didn't even know this rule existed, whats the actual rule?

I don't think NO ownership liked the fact brons sports agent best friend, and the Lakers, basically tried to strong arm them into trading AD to L.A, 2 years before his contract was even up.

I don't think anyone in the NBA liked that tbh, which is why NO embarrassed LA the way they did.

I don't see them trading him to LA, and really don't think LA has much to offer anyway.

They have a worse pick but better young players to send back then the Knicks. Just depends on how the pelicans view RJ over the rest of the remaining guys.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Different angle. I like it. James and Davis in NOLA.

If AD says he will re-sign and stay if they get Lebron, idk who says no in this trade. It makes everyone happy..

TakeYourL
05-15-2019, 02:29 PM
They have a worse pick but better young players to send back then the Knicks. Just depends on how the pelicans view RJ over the rest of the remaining guys.

Besides Kuzma they don't have any young guys to trade.

-Lonzo is worthless and almost untradable.
-Ingrams career is in jeapordy, and his contract is up soon.
-Hart isn't worth anything.

smith&wesson
05-15-2019, 02:32 PM

Depends. We havenít seen RJ Barret play a single game in the NBA so thatís tough to compare. I guess it comes down to who you prefer on a rebuilding team. Zion and Barret were team mates in colleges so thereís some appeal there if you have a chance of getting both. If Iím a Pelicans fan thatís what Iíd prefer.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Besides Kuzma they don't have any young guys to trade.

-Lonzo is worthless and almost untradable.
-Ingrams career is in jeapordy, and his contract is up soon.
-Hart isn't worth anything.

Take your L bro, just stop..

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Iíd probably rather have the top 3 in this draft at least over Tatum

warfelg
05-15-2019, 02:53 PM
I see the annual ďoeverrate/valueĒ the draft szn is here.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 02:56 PM

These top 3 are legit, the others are questionable.

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Lmao AD will beg the pelicans to stay if that's the roster he's looking at.

Now I know not to take you seriously. Would be the best team heís ever played on and itís not even close. That team with AD would be the best team in the East easily.

warfelg
05-15-2019, 03:00 PM
These top 3 are legit, the others are questionable.

And once upon a time the same thing was said about Fultz and Ball. With Tatum you know what you are getting. A legit 20-5-5 guy.

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Iíd probably rather have the top 3 in this draft at least over Tatum

Top 2, maybe. RJ Barrett? No chance

warfelg
05-15-2019, 03:04 PM

I think at best RJ is Tatum. Ja has a major LOC question. He put up good stats against ok competition. Iíve seen people quote CJ/Dame/Curry at that criticism. But those guys lit up their conferences much more than Ja did. Zion is Blake with a willingness to shoot.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:25 PM
I think at best RJ is Tatum. Ja has a major LOC question. He put up good stats against ok competition. Iíve seen people quote CJ/Dame/Curry at that criticism. But those guys lit up their conferences much more than Ja did. Zion is Blake with a willingness to shoot.

Much more? Ja aberaged 25 and 10 assists, only player to ever do it.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:26 PM

Weíll find out pretty soon. Tatum was a huge disappointment this year.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:27 PM
And once upon a time the same thing was said about Fultz and Ball. With Tatum you know what you are getting. A legit 20-5-5 guy.

Heís never averaged that though.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:29 PM

Except Zion is probably faster, may jump higher, and has 40 pounds on him (huge difference). There is no comparison for him, heís truly one of a kind. The Griffins Kempís and Larry Johnsonís donít compare.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:33 PM

Ownership supposedly doesn't want to face AD in the West either.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:34 PM
If AD says he will re-sign and stay if they get Lebron, idk who says no in this trade. It makes everyone happy..

Pels fans and James wouldn't like it, so not everyone will be happy.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:40 PM

Does it ever go away?

I really like Grant Williams for the Warriors ... and he would likely get less than 5 minutes a game :)

warfelg
05-15-2019, 03:40 PM
Does it ever go away?

I really like Grant Williams for the Warriors ... and he would likely get less than 5 minutes a game :)

Touchť. Haha. I hear the 2231 draft is awesome!!!

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:46 PM

I've heard tons of questions about Ja and Zion too. This is what internet sports fans do. Everyone is great and everyone is trash. It just depends on the person talking and possibly on their agenda.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Zionís already a top 5 asset in the league is what execs are saying.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Touchť. Haha. I hear the 2231 draft is awesome!!!

Nah, Zlib Barvo shows a good game but it doesn't translate, and the rest of them are scrubs.

warfelg
05-15-2019, 03:52 PM
I've heard tons of questions about Ja and Zion too. This is what internet sports fans do. Everyone is great and everyone is trash. It just depends on the person talking and possibly on their agenda.

Yuuuup. And people forget Steph had questions about handles/passing; Lillard about speed; CJ about size and passing. No one comes in a polished finished product. And thereís been plenty of mid-major guys with similar stats that come in and flop.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Zionís already a top 5 asset in the league is what execs are saying.

Top 5 asset until he plays a game. He's like a new car. If he's a dodge his value will drop off a cliff, if he's a ferrari his value will climb.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Zion doesnít have an agent, he should threaten to go back to school unless traded. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 04:00 PM
Pels fans and James wouldn't like it, so not everyone will be happy.

How? Pelican fans get Jrue/Lebron/AD

AD re-signs to play with Lebron and chase titles...

Lebron would probably not want to go to NO though, so maybe youíre right about that

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:06 PM
How? Pelican fans get Jrue/Lebron/AD

AD re-signs to play with Lebron and chase titles...

Lebron would probably not want to go to NO though, so maybe youíre right about that

LeBron is not an upgrade over Zion ... if he was you, a Lakers fan, wouldn't want to trade him away for Zion.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 04:08 PM
LeBron is not an upgrade over Zion ... if he was you, a Lakers fan, wouldn't want to trade him away for Zion.

Thatís not the point, I hope Zion can reach Lebron levels, would be nice to see this kid be a top 10 player all time. AD wants out right now... if they got Lebron, doesnít that make AD stay and sign a extension?

Scoots
05-15-2019, 04:30 PM
Thatís not the point, I hope Zion can reach Lebron levels, would be nice to see this kid be a top 10 player all time. AD wants out right now... if they got Lebron, doesnít that make AD stay and sign a extension?

It doesn't "make" AD do anything, and it costs an 18 year old relatively inexpensive Zion to get a 34 year old expensive LeBron. Pels fans would riot.

GREATNESS ONE
05-15-2019, 05:24 PM
Idk I think youíre looking at it wrong but hey :shrug: will never happen , just tossing out ideas, this should be a lot of fun to see it all play out.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Idk I think youíre looking at it wrong but hey :shrug: will never happen , just tossing out ideas, this should be a lot of fun to see it all play out.

Agreed.

Lakers + Giants
05-15-2019, 05:52 PM

Wait, what? lmao, you talk about overrating season and you give 20-5-5 to tatum? Even his PER36 is at 17-6-2, he has not shown even an ounce of playmaking ability to show he can average 5 apg. Also, his efficiency dropped pretty hard this year too, so if you're expecting 20 points, his efficiency will most likely deep even further as well.

Ingram's PER36..

19-5-3 thats closer to 20-5-5 than tatum lmao. Despite the **** he gets too his efficiency has increased every season so far while his volume has as well.

Lakers + Giants
05-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Heís never averaged that though.

lmfao exactly.

WaDe03
05-15-2019, 06:17 PM

Whatís he going to do keep returning until a team he likes win the lottery lol? Now is his best bet so he can play with Ja or RJ from the jump. Not often you get a chance to team up with a close friend to start your career. Imagine LeBron and Wade teaming up from rookie year!!!!

warfelg
05-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Wait, what? lmao, you talk about overrating season and you give 20-5-5 to tatum? Even his PER36 is at 17-6-2, he has not shown even an ounce of playmaking ability to show he can average 5 apg. Also, his efficiency dropped pretty hard this year too, so if you're expecting 20 points, his efficiency will most likely deep even further as well.

Ingram's PER36..

19-5-3 thats closer to 20-5-5 than tatum lmao. Despite the **** he gets too his efficiency has increased every season so far while his volume has as well.

You could include Ingram in what I was saying. You took my point the wrong way if that's the take away.

My point was that the known from these players already in the NBA is a sure-er bet in a trade than the unknown of RJ or Ja.

Lakers + Giants
05-15-2019, 06:27 PM
You could include Ingram in what I was saying. You took my point the wrong way if that's the take away.

My point was that the known from these players already in the NBA is a sure-er bet in a trade than the unknown of RJ or Ja.

I agree with that, but to say Tatum is a legit 20-5-5 guy... cmon now.

warfelg
05-15-2019, 06:29 PM
I agree with that, but to say Tatum is a legit 20-5-5 guy... cmon now.

I think he could be as a bigger focal point of an offense. Just like I think Ingram could too.

Scoots
05-15-2019, 07:29 PM
I think he could be as a bigger focal point of an offense. Just like I think Ingram could too.

I agree

Tg11
05-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Zion stays in New Orleans; they would be idiots to trade him

Oakmont_4
05-15-2019, 09:01 PM

Ingram's PER36..

Only if numbers told the whole story. And I am a numbers guy, but Tatum absolutely could be a 20-5-5 guy on the right team and with the right system

ohreally
05-15-2019, 09:59 PM
Teams should be looking to get Memphis included in a 3-team trade.

Lakers + Giants
05-16-2019, 01:18 AM
Only if numbers told the whole story. And I am a numbers guy, but Tatum absolutely could be a 20-5-5 guy on the right team and with the right system

I'm not even an Ingram fan and I think he could do it too. My question is not so much whether they can do it, it's how much they'll cost their team doing so. Sort of like Westbrook with OKC. We've become so infatuated with stats, we forget how much ball movement matters. If it's one player chasing stats it's not always a good thing, especially if they're forced into it.

warfelg
05-17-2019, 12:27 PM
I saw a great take today on the AD-Lakers rumor. Jeannie Buss should be calling Gayle Benson and talk owner to owner about what happened. As the Laker owner she should be distancing herself from the acts of players and agents, and dispel the notion that the lakers ďdeserveĒ players and bully for players.

Even if she doesnít get AD out of it, by distancing herself like that she makes things easier in the future.

Bostonjorge
05-17-2019, 12:56 PM
I think Pelicans have no choice but to trade AD. Getting Zion was a huge day for the franchise. From everyone cheering in the conference room to the sales team phones blowing up for season tickets purchases. Everyone wanted what the Pelicans got. Everyone except Davis. He instantly sent out word that he still wants out. Pelicans canít let this Davis thing get any uglier. Canít keep reminding Zion that itís a huge mess where he ended up.

WaDe03
05-17-2019, 01:50 PM
If the Pelicans donít have the best or arguably the best young core to start the season then they ****ed up this trade.

WaDe03
05-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Thereís going to be a lot of pelicans games on tv next year outside of league pass.

Scoots
05-17-2019, 11:05 PM
I think Pelicans have no choice but to trade AD. Getting Zion was a huge day for the franchise. From everyone cheering in the conference room to the sales team phones blowing up for season tickets purchases. Everyone wanted what the Pelicans got. Everyone except Davis. He instantly sent out word that he still wants out. Pelicans canít let this Davis thing get any uglier. Canít keep reminding Zion that itís a huge mess where he ended up.

They can absolutely stand pat and wait for the best deal. They have no reason to rush, and they can absolutely just stay with AD in an effort to convince him to stay. They can pay him a LOT more than any other team can, and trading him likely locks up cap space into the future while playing out his contract gets them a big open slot to fill.

Tg11
05-18-2019, 02:53 PM
AD to the Toronto Raptors and who do I give up if I am the Raptors

Raptors give up:

Danny Green, Ibaka, Van Vleet, Gasol and 2 future 1st round draft picks all to New Orleans

Raptors in return get Anthony Davis and you pair him up with Kawhi and Lowry. Big 3 in Toronto with AD, Kawhi and Lowry. Plus you keep Siakam and you have a Big 4. AD can play the 5, Siakam at the 4, Kawhi at the 3 and Lowry at the 1. To get a 2, you can just have Jeremy Lin as your 2 guard. Then you can also go after bench players too in the off season as well.

Tg11
05-18-2019, 02:57 PM
AD to the Los Angeles Clippers and if I am Jerry West, who do I give up to get AD to LA:

Clippers give up:

Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Jerome Robinson, Montrezl Harrell and 2 first round picks

Pair up AD with Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley and whoever else decides to come to the Clippers

Chapin78
05-18-2019, 03:06 PM
AD to the Toronto Raptors and who do I give up if I am the Raptors

Raptors give up:

Danny Green, Ibaka, Van Vleet, Gasol and 2 future 1st round draft picks all to New Orleans

Raptors in return get Anthony Davis and you pair him up with Kawhi and Lowry. Big 3 in Toronto with AD, Kawhi and Lowry. Plus you keep Siakam and you have a Big 4. AD can play the 5, Siakam at the 4, Kawhi at the 3 and Lowry at the 1. To get a 2, you can just have Jeremy Lin as your 2 guard. Then you can also go after bench players too in the off season as well.

Iím the Pelicans and I immediately hang up the phone and block the number.

Chapin78
05-18-2019, 03:10 PM
AD to the Los Angeles Clippers and if I am Jerry West, who do I give up to get AD to LA:

Clippers give up:

Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous Alexander, Jerome Robinson, Montrezl Harrell and 2 first round picks

Pair up AD with Lou Williams, Patrick Beverley and whoever else decides to come to the Clippers

And Iím hanging the phone up on this and now have two GMs blocked from calling me.

You donít trade a guy thatís been on the All NBA first Team 3 of the past 4 years for those packages.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 03:40 PM

Lol that was a horrible trade package idea

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 03:41 PM
And Iím hanging the phone up on this and now have two GMs blocked from calling me.

You donít trade a guy thatís been on the All NBA first Team 3 of the past 4 years for those packages.

Lol thank you!!!

Bostonjorge
05-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Cam Reddish at #4, the next big time defender whoís more then just a big time defender. Kuzma the X Factor and Ingram the best young player the lakers have.

Pelicans get zero bad contacts and get 3 players who can all play around Zion. Pelicans need to show Zion they want to build a winner and not believe in any kind of losing process.

GREATNESS ONE
05-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Cam Reddish at #4, the next big time defender whoís more then just a big time defender. Kuzma the X Factor and Ingram the best young player the lakers have.

Pelicans get zero bad contacts and get 3 players who can all play around Zion. Pelicans need to show Zion they want to build a winner and not believe kind of process.

even add the 2021 1st rounder :nod:

crewfan13
05-20-2019, 10:12 AM

Pelicans get zero bad contacts and get 3 players who can all play around Zion. Pelicans need to show Zion they want to build a winner and not believe in any kind of losing process.

Problem is reddish had an awful year and that trade in general makes for an awkward team. A core of zion, kuzma, Ingram and reddish is basically 4 guys who should play the 3 or 4, especially if Ingram loses a little quickness due to injury. You can get away with 3 of those guys on the floor at once, but it's a bit awkward.

That's why if I'm a Lakers fan I'm rooting for Darius garland to have a monster pre draft process. He's the wild card with some big upside and fits a position that the Lakers can't fill unless the pels like lonzo.

A package of garland, ingram, kuzma and a future pick could fill 4 starting roles for the pels when you add in zion. The only thing you need yet is a center. And I would shop jrue holiday for that center, perhaps talk to indy about sabonis or turner since those two are both good players who are an awkward fit together.

A lineup of garland, Ingram, zion, kuzma and turner/Sabonis plus at least a Lakers future pick and a decent amount of cap room would be a nice start for new Orleans. They'd likely struggle next year, which would result in another fairly high lotto pick. Not sure that's the best offer they'll get, but it's not a horrible starting spot.

mike_noodles
05-20-2019, 04:06 PM

Even as a Raps fan I agree with you. I don't think we have the assets to get anything done this year. But I also thought the same thing about Leonard. There was a Raptors poster that actually predicted the Leonard to Toronto deal unfolding exactly how it did. So I wouldn't say never after that deal, but pretty close to impossible.