PDA

View Full Version : Most desirable "big market" LAC, LAL, NYK, BRK

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 03:43 PM
What are the current most desirable "big markets. And by big market, I'm obviously mostly talking about the teams that were out of contention for a while sans the clippers so I expect their fans to have some lengthy response as to why they're the best big market for FA to want to play in

Brooklyn, NYK, LAL, LAC

Rank em

buckalis
05-06-2019, 04:03 PM
What are the current most desirable "big markets. And by big market, I'm obviously mostly talking about the teams that were out of contention for a while sans the clippers so I expect their fans to have some lengthy response as to why they're the best big market for FA to want to play in

Brooklyn, NYK, LAL, LAC

Rank em

Both the Clippers and the Nets will be a highly desired destination for top notch FAs this off season, simply because they both lack a leader in their roster but have the young and talented core to surround him and contend...

The Knicks will be far behind for FAs to choose (if they have the choice) because they luck the core and therefore can't (yet) contend...

The Lakers should be out of the question for most FAs...

1st targeted destination for this offseason will be the Bucks but are "closed" for players that would like to challenge Giannis leadership or for players that want a higher salary than what Giannis makes.

The Sixers should be in that list of yours and I would rank them to be 2nd (after the Clippers) on that list if they were included...

I would rank the Bulls as 4th if they were on that list of yours as they have plenty of young talent and they also luck a leader or two...

Driven
05-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Both the Clippers and the Nets will be a highly desired destination for top notch FAs this off season, simply because they both lack a leader in their roster but have the young and talented core to surround him and contend...

The Knicks will be far behind for FAs to choose (if they have the choice) because they luck the core and therefore can't (yet) contend...

The Lakers should be out of the question for most FAs...

1st targeted destination for this offseason will be the Bucks but are "closed" for players that would like to challenge Giannis leadership or for players that want a higher salary than what Giannis makes.

The Sixers should be in that list of yours and I would rank them to be 2nd (after the Clippers) on that list if they were included...

I would rank the Bulls as 4th if they were on that list of yours as they have plenty of young talent and they also luck a leader or two...

So your rankings of these big market cities are:

1. Milwaukee Bucks
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Chicago Bulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
05-06-2019, 05:12 PM
So your rankings of these big market cities are:

1. Milwaukee Bucks
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. Chicago Bulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap:

and he was the first one to comment on his own thread. :laugh:

buckalis
05-06-2019, 05:46 PM
I'll ignore you nonsense on me and Giannis 94 being a "double account"... We can't be and it wouldn't be hard to realize if you check the hours we link into this site... Other than at least 6 hours separating us, the language is different, the style is different, the grammar is different and I don't particularly like him, nor he knows near as much basketball as I do...
The only thing we have in common, is that we are both Bucks fans and we are both trying (without hope) to force you Lakers fans to face reality... I guess that last part is the one that makes you conclude the "double account" nonesense, but then again you have the IQ of a Lakers fan... :D

Now...

1. The Bucks will be 1st targeted destination next season, simply because they'll be the favorite to win the championship in all betting odds and have the best facilities, the best locker room relationships and the cap space required to add supplements next to Giannis.

But... Although the Bucks will be wanted by top FAs... they don't have space for TOP-10 players that would want to challenge Giannis' leadership with the team, or the working ethics that is required to join the Bucks... So it's more a "Bucks thing" that it will be "2ndary" or "borderline" All Stars added next to Giannis...

2. The Sixers have the cap space to add one more All Star and add depth to their roster, in a already contending team... and that's what they'll be doing.

3. All the rest have plenty of cap space and will be adding the leader they're missing in their roster, or a leader + a No2 to supplement him...

GREATNESS ONE
05-06-2019, 06:07 PM
:crazy:

LakerClipperFan
05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
LAC - NYK
LAL - will have to be a "Robin" type
Brooklyn

hopefully the Clippers strike big. If they do and Lakers strike out, there will be a new Sheriff in town. I don't see how Lakers strike out though, b/c landing any one of these guys is a plus:

Kyrie
Jimmy Buckets
Kemba Walker

buckalis
05-06-2019, 08:19 PM
LAC - NYK
LAL - will have to be a "Robin" type
Brooklyn

hopefully the Clippers strike big. If they do and Lakers strike out, there will be a new Sheriff in town. I don't see how Lakers strike out though, b/c landing any one of these guys is a plus:

Kyrie
Jimmy Buckets
Kemba Walker

LOL... Sure thing! :D:D All these guys they'll want to join the ...Lakers! (circus). They'd rather prefer to look like clowns than All Stars! Wake up from your dreams mate! it will really help you look mature after you wake up!

GREATNESS ONE
05-06-2019, 08:32 PM
:crazy: 3 Dupes in 1 thread talking to themselves..

Lakers + Giants
05-06-2019, 09:15 PM
I'll ignore you nonsense on me and Giannis 94 being a "double account"... We can't be and it wouldn't be hard to realize if you check the hours we link into this site... Other than at least 6 hours separating us, the language is different, the style is different, the grammar is different and I don't particularly like him, nor he knows near as much basketball as I do...
The only thing we have in common, is that we are both Bucks fans and we are both trying (without hope) to force you Lakers fans to face reality... I guess that last part is the one that makes you conclude the "double account" nonesense, but then again you have the IQ of a Lakers fan... :D

Now...

1. The Bucks will be 1st targeted destination next season, simply because they'll be the favorite to win the championship in all betting odds and have the best facilities, the best locker room relationships and the cap space required to add supplements next to Giannis.

But... Although the Bucks will be wanted by top FAs... they don't have space for TOP-10 players that would want to challenge Giannis' leadership with the team, or the working ethics that is required to join the Bucks... So it's more a "Bucks thing" that it will be "2ndary" or "borderline" All Stars added next to Giannis...

2. The Sixers have the cap space to add one more All Star and add depth to their roster, in a already contending team... and that's what they'll be doing.

3. All the rest have plenty of cap space and will be adding the leader they're missing in their roster, or a leader + a No2 to supplement him...

How would you know the hour difference? Only a person with access to both accounts would know... :laugh:

Snitchin on yourself? lmaoooooo

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 09:43 PM
How would you know the hour difference? Only a person with access to both accounts would know... :laugh:

Snitchin on yourself? lmaoooooo

I am an open book and have nothing to hide- unlike the Obama presidency.

I have freely offered all location data to the mod crew as well as any devices that I use (2 laptops, and an iPhone). I do have a twin brother but he got permad in the hayday of kobe trade rumors and linked an article stating a trade was imminent to a random team to some adult content. I can get his current device info as well.

If the search function worked you would he able to see all of my posts and none of them are similar to bucksails

buckalis
05-06-2019, 09:55 PM
I am an open book and have nothing to hide- unlike the Obama presidency.

I have freely offered all location data to the mod crew as well as any devices that I use (2 laptops, and an iPhone). I do have a twin brother but he got permad in the hayday of kobe trade rumors and linked an article stating a trade was imminent to a random team to some adult content. I can get his current device info as well.

If the search function worked you would he able to see all of my posts and none of them are similar to bucksails

Actually I don't even like this guy, despite him being a Bucks fan and being right in taking the **** out of your (the Lakers fans) circus team... He always talks in a provocative manner, has no basketball knowledge (that's why he never discusses basketball) and he alters peoples names in purpose (like he is calling me "bucksails" up there) only to show that he is a "smart ***"... Imo he is no better than the rest of the trolls in here...

Lakers + Giants
05-06-2019, 10:01 PM
:clap:

beasted86
05-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Split personalities bickering with each other is nothing new.

As far as the topic, the Clippers are most attractive. Veteran coach who's won a championship and space for 2 max.

Cal827
05-07-2019, 12:36 AM
^ Along with a roster full of very good role players/hard defenders.

I mean as much as I don't like the idea (obviously as the team I root for :laugh2: ), imagine a back court with Beverly and Kawhi as the back court defenders.... Good luck doing anything :laugh2:

Cracka2HI!
05-07-2019, 02:07 AM
If you believe the talking heads it's Clippers then Brooklyn. IDK, I'll believe it when I see it.

Saddletramp
05-07-2019, 03:13 AM

I mean as much as I don't like the idea (obviously as the team I root for :laugh2: ), imagine a back court with Beverly and Kawhi as the back court defenders.... Good luck doing anything :laugh2:

Could you imagine if the Clippers trade Galinari for a legit center they’d have

Beverley/Gilgeous-Alexander
Shamet/LouWill/Robinson
Kawhi
KD/Harrell
????/Harrell/Zubac

And Ballmer will spend money. Deadly.

Bostonjorge
05-07-2019, 03:31 AM
Lakers then Knicks. After that I forget.

warfelg
05-07-2019, 09:22 AM

PBev is a FA who’s going to get a good chunk this offseason. Unless the clips get creative with cap space to bring in 2 stars under the cap and not renounce PBev he’s going somewhere else.

Could you imagine if the Clippers trade Galinari for a legit center they’d have

Beverley/Gilgeous-Alexander
Shamet/LouWill/Robinson
Kawhi
KD/Harrell
????/Harrell/Zubac

And Ballmer will spend money. Deadly.

I think trading Gallo is going to cost them.

Also I’m gonna call my shot right now:
Phoenix is either signing PBev, Walker, or trading for Ball or Holiday this offseason.

noahnoobfax
05-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Brooklyn has high team chemistry and are a star away from being eastern contenders, if I were a FA picking id pick there. Definitely the place to go and will get at least someone.

beasted86
05-07-2019, 03:33 PM
PBev is a FA who’s going to get a good chunk this offseason. Unless the clips get creative with cap space to bring in 2 stars under the cap and not renounce PBev he’s going somewhere else.

I think trading Gallo is going to cost them.

Also I’m gonna call my shot right now:
Phoenix is either signing PBev, Walker, or trading for Ball or Holiday this offseason.

Cost them what?

Who wouldn't gladly take expiring Gallinari? Cavs would gladly be a facilitator and trade Jr.Smith unguaranteed for Gallo.

rhino17
05-07-2019, 03:35 PM
Since when have the knicks ever been a desirable free agent destination?

Hawkeye15
05-07-2019, 03:38 PM
Since when have the knicks ever been a desirable free agent destination?

I was thinking the same thing...

buckalis
05-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Cost them what?

Who wouldn't gladly take expiring Gallinari? Cavs would gladly be a facilitator and trade Jr.Smith unguaranteed for Gallo.

If you mean that they could have done it before past Feb... then yes! But JR Smith isn't "ungaranteed' next season... He will take 3M he has guaranteed on his contract for next season and will be an FA ending in China for next season... In any case, he can't be traded under his current contract after Jul 1st that trades will be allowed...

D-Leethal
05-07-2019, 03:48 PM
How is Brooklyn a big market? They are dead last in attendance, most New Yorkers act like they don't exist. Don't even think they get a spot in the sports section.

buckalis
05-07-2019, 04:09 PM
How is Brooklyn a big market? They are dead last in attendance, most New Yorkers act like they don't exist. Don't even think they get a spot in the sports section.

In "big markets" where the fans are expecting their team to always be contenders, it is common to see empty seats when a team is in a rebuild process... This changes when the team is back in a playoff run...

warfelg
05-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Cost them what?

Picks, maybe a young player. Teams won't exactly be lining up to take Gallo of their hands.

beasted86
05-07-2019, 04:55 PM
If you mean that they could have done it before past Feb... then yes! But JR Smith isn't "ungaranteed' next season... He will take 3M he has guaranteed on his contract for next season and will be an FA ending in China for next season... In any case, he can't be traded under his current contract after Jul 1st that trades will be allowed...

Was talking to someone else.

Anyway, it's clear a bunch of teams would gladly take Gallinari into their empty cap space on a 1yr deal after missing out on other free agents. It gives them a chance to grab a good player while maintaining flexibility for 2020. This shouldn't be questioned or suggested it's hard to trade him.

warfelg
05-07-2019, 05:05 PM
Was talking to someone else.

Anyway, it's clear a bunch of teams would gladly take Gallinari into their empty cap space on a 1yr deal after missing out on other free agents. It gives them a chance to grab a good player while maintaining flexibility for 2020. This shouldn't be questioned or suggested it's hard to trade him.

I think it should be. He just turned in a rare healthy year. I'm thinking it's more likely they give up something with Gallinari than get something back worth it. I'm going to guess like Gallo+1st+another heavily protected 1st for 2 2nds and a euro players rights.

ohreally
05-07-2019, 05:22 PM

Add a Durant or Kawhi to the current team and that would change overnight.

Chronz
05-07-2019, 07:27 PM

GS once traded RJ and other cap cloggers to get space, Gallo isn't without value as an expiring, someone will show up but even if it costs something, its well worth it given their war chest

Saddletramp
05-07-2019, 08:13 PM
I think it should be. He just turned in a rare healthy year. I'm thinking it's more likely they give up something with Gallinari than get something back worth it. I'm going to guess like Gallo+1st+another heavily protected 1st for 2 2nds and a euro players rights.

If Kawhi will come only if KD does (and vice versa) but they have to trade a 1st or two and one of those young guards then they do it in a heartbeat.

Beverley’s cap hold is $9 million and Zubac’s is less than $2 million. They’ll let Chandler, Temple and JaUrkel Green go. If they can get rid of Gallinari without taking anything back, they’ll be at $26 milionish plus that added $11 millionish with Bev and Zubac. So they’ll have $70ish million to spend (plus Bev/Zubac will sign afterwards......who knows, maybe they have a handshake deal with Bev to bring him back under the cap hold amount to free up more room). Players would rather go there than to Lebron’s Lakers and no other West Coast team has as much open space (do the Kings or Suns pique anyone’s interest?).

Things could be looking good for the Clips in a few months.

warfelg
05-07-2019, 08:47 PM
If Kawhi will come only if KD does (and vice versa) but they have to trade a 1st or two and one of those young guards then they do it in a heartbeat.

Beverley’s cap hold is $9 million and Zubac’s is less than $2 million. They’ll let Chandler, Temple and JaUrkel Green go. If they can get rid of Gallinari without taking anything back, they’ll be at $26 milionish plus that added $11 millionish with Bev and Zubac. So they’ll have $70ish million to spend (plus Bev/Zubac will sign afterwards......who knows, maybe they have a handshake deal with Bev to bring him back under the cap hold amount to free up more room). Players would rather go there than to Lebron’s Lakers and no other West Coast team has as much open space (do the Kings or Suns pique anyone’s interest?).

Things could be looking good for the Clips in a few months.

Ok? I knew all of that. It’s why I brought up having to move Gallo without bringing anything back. They need to make moves for the money to spend on two max FAs.

beasted86
05-07-2019, 09:28 PM

No way Clippers need to give up a 1st to shed Gallo.

I think more something like Gallo + $5M cash considerations into some team that missed on a free agent.

Phoenix, Utah, Atlanta, Dallas, and NJ are all prime candidates for teams with enough space to take him, who I expect to mostly miss on free agents.

warfelg
05-07-2019, 10:03 PM
No way Clippers need to give up a 1st to shed Gallo.

I think more something like Gallo + $5M cash considerations into some team that missed on a free agent.

Phoenix, Utah, Atlanta, Dallas, and NJ are all prime candidates for teams with enough space to take him, who I expect to mostly miss on free agents.

You must be new to the economics of the NBA if you don’t think a team will get a first with Gallo.

Saddletramp
05-08-2019, 01:58 AM
Ok? I knew all of that. It’s why I brought up having to move Gallo without bringing anything back. They need to make moves for the money to spend on two max FAs.

Oh yeah, that’s right. You know everything about everything. You’re warfelg. My bad.

All I’m saying is that if the Clippers have to attach assets to upgrade, they will. Maybe I misread you, but it came across like you thought that adding good assets might be a deterrent.

beasted86
05-08-2019, 07:52 AM
You must be new to the economics of the NBA if you don’t think a team will get a first with Gallo.

Agree to disagree.

I feel there are too many teams with cap space and ways around including a 1st round pick. Gallo is a player who averaged almost 20ppg, has 1 yr left and is a good locker room guy.

I'm not excluding any 2nds, but I'll basically draw a line that a 1st won't need to be attached unless they are getting a good low cost player back in the trade. If it's just a salary dump it won't cost a 1st.

warfelg
05-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Oh yeah, that’s right. You know everything about everything. You’re warfelg. My bad.

All I’m saying is that if the Clippers have to attach assets to upgrade, they will. Maybe I misread you, but it came across like you thought that adding good assets might be a deterrent.

Not saying I know everything. But I said it's going to take being creative with PBev or Moving Gallo. And no not saying it would be a deterrent. Look at my responses to beasted86 ---- I truly believe that the Clippers will have to give up an asset with Gallo to move him. And they should. If they want to get two max players they will do it. For their sake, you hope it takes only a 1st. But if it takes dipping into players I would be a little iffy on it.

warfelg
05-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Agree to disagree.

I feel there are too many teams with cap space and ways around including a 1st round pick. Gallo is a player who averaged almost 20ppg, has 1 yr left and is a good locker room guy.

I'm not excluding any 2nds, but I'll basically draw a line that a 1st won't need to be attached unless they are getting a good low cost player back in the trade. If it's just a salary dump it won't cost a 1st.

Salary dumps pretty much cost a 1st round pick.

Heediot
05-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Gallo is too useful and productive of a player to attach a first as a salary dump imo. If he were a overpaid player like a Mozgov/Crabbe/Deng/E.Turner type then a 1st is more than likely. He's still in his prime and has one year left. A team like Utah might jump on him for more scoring.

beasted86
05-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Gallo is too useful and productive of a player to attach a first as a salary dump imo. If he were a overpaid player like a Mozgov/Crabbe/Deng/E.Turner type then a 1st is more than likely. He's still in his prime and has one year left. A team like Utah might jump on him for more scoring.

Exactly. If a team like Brooklyn missed on the other free agents, they aren't going to just overpay DeMare Carroll and Jared Dudley again when a guy like Gallo can be had for free.

If Clippers add cash considerations his $22M goes down to a $17M financial obligation. That's great value for a 19PPG scorer on a 1 yr rental that still gives the Nets flexibility to enter the 2020 free agency pool.

warfelg
05-08-2019, 09:43 AM
I disagree because he’s a guy making $22mil missing an average of 28 games a year. It’s gonna take a 1st to take him off the cap.

buckalis
05-08-2019, 05:43 PM
Exactly. If a team like Brooklyn missed on the other free agents, they aren't going to just overpay DeMare Carroll and Jared Dudley again when a guy like Gallo can be had for free.

If Clippers add cash considerations his $22M goes down to a $17M financial obligation. That's great value for a 19PPG scorer on a 1 yr rental that still gives the Nets flexibility to enter the 2020 free agency pool.

Do you want to "unload" Gallo to the Nets? They are exactly in the same position where you are... They are loaded with tons of young talent, they have tons of cap space to sign two all stars and more and they are already a playoff team... In fact, one can say they are your "mirror" in the East... Therefore don't bother... they won't load your problem... You will have to look elsewhere...

valade16
05-08-2019, 06:19 PM
To answer the OP's question based on historical prestige the answer is:

1. LAL
2. NYK
3/4. LAC/BKN

However when you factor in their current situations, the answer is literally reversed.

Cal827
05-08-2019, 06:37 PM
For our big FA (Kawhi), I feel it's either he stays here or goes to the Clippers... with a little % to Brooklyn... Those over the Knicks/Lakers because even if they get the all-stars, the discussion on both places will probably be about the bigger franchises... For example, in hockey, the Ottawa Senators had a strong team for a while, but they played second fiddle to the Maple Laffs.

I just feel it's going to be real hard to push the Lakers/Knicks off the main presses in their respective state. Even with the all stars possibly moving there, The Lakers have Lebron still around, and the Knicks will have hype either over their draft picks building, or them tanking towards the next superstar.

Basically right now how I feel %wise:

Raptors: 60%
Clippers: 35%
Nets: 4%
Other: 1%

We will see:

But to answer the question (sorry) of the big markets I think it would be the following:

LAC (Playoff team, great depth, a superstar or couple stars and they'll probably be contenders)

BRK (Playoff team, good young players/depth/role players (could get better), Someone could develop a legacy there (as in, the Nets don't really have a ton of historic players other than like Drazen and Kidd)

NYK (Really dependent on the draft spot, cause they could go to 2 or fall to 4 on these standings.. Some young players, could have Zion (who's a megaprospect), but managment is a question mark)

LAL (Best player of them all, but hes getting older. They have some very good young players, but some of them are either stagnated a little and now people might worry they are a bust (E.g. Ball) or there's questions if they can come back from a severe condition (Ingram). Management is currently discombobulated, and they really need to get on track... Also questions on how much influence Lebron has on the FO; some stars might not want to deal with what they might perceive as a boys club lead by Lebron and his guys).

Cal827
05-08-2019, 06:38 PM
Salary dumps pretty much cost a 1st round pick.

Yeah that's about right. When the Raptors needed to trade away Carroll, they had to trade their first to the Nets as well.

Or the legendary Baron Davis trade :laugh2:

Chronz
05-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Yeah that's about right. When the Raptors needed to trade away Carroll, they had to trade their first to the Nets as well.

Or the legendary Baron Davis trade :laugh2:

Those guys had years left on their contracts, were no where near as productive/efficient as Gallo. Someone would gladly take him for free, especially Utah.

LakerClipperFan
05-09-2019, 01:47 AM
As a Lakerfan, I just hope we can compete with the #Clippers in free agency. They have owned us during the previous 5 years, except we got #LABron to come to Lakers. I really hope that we can beat LAC next season.

As a Clipperfan, I hope we can get a decent free agent or two, continue on an upward trajectory!!

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 08:26 AM
As a Lakerfan, I just hope we can compete with the #Clippers in free agency. They have owned us during the previous 5 years, except we got #LABron to come to Lakers. I really hope that we can beat LAC next season.

As a Clipperfan, I hope we can get a decent free agent or two, continue on an upward trajectory!!
Absolutely love it. Hope to see you around the forums a lot more.

D-Leethal
05-09-2019, 08:49 AM
Based on hype and reporting this offseason it's clearly the Clippers and Knicks. Right now, for nothing more than the fact that the top FAs seem keyed in on those two teams. It has more to do with personal preference of this years FA's than anything specific about the teams or markets. None of the top guys are gunning to play with LeBron, and outside of Kyrie over the last week I haven't heard anyone tied to the Nets outside of Tobias Harris.

SteBO
05-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Of the four listed, it's easily the Clippers to me.

Teeboy1487
05-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Clippers and Nets. The Front offices of the Knicks and Lakers are too asinine for those destinations to be desirable. They will always get in their own way.

buckalis
05-09-2019, 11:14 AM
There should be no doubt, that the Bucks vs. Celtics series, will influence the entire free agent market...

As I said earlier, the Bucks will be 1st targeted destination for FAs for next season, but it looks that the Celtics will be buyers too and many would love to trade with them.... As it turns, I believe that nobody other than Brown and Tatum are secure with the Celtics for next season.

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Miami as they have the best facilities and are the favorites to win the championship next year.

buckalis
05-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Miami as they have the best facilities and are the favorites to win the championship next year.

Why not the ...Lakers?

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Why not the ...Lakers?

Because Miami has the best facilities and are the favorites to win it all next year.

buckalis
05-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Because Miami has the best facilities and are the favorites to win it all next year.

Perhaps a doctor's examination will make you some good...

WaDe03
05-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Perhaps a doctor's examination will make you some good...

You shutting the **** up will make us all some good.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 04:59 PM
because miami has the best facilities and are the favorites to win it all next year.

lol.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 05:00 PM
You shutting the **** up will make us all some good.

Ok I posted before I read this one. LOL twice.

WhiteShadow42
05-09-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that at this moment the Lakers are probably the worst option. But if KD and Kyrie are considering the Knicks (who are a mess also), then the Lakers might have a chance.