PDA

View Full Version : Dirty or not?

More-Than-Most
05-05-2019, 04:34 AM
Right now on reddit non warrior/rockets fans are irate over dray to hardens eyes and after you watch the video it legit does look like there is something there....

https://streamable.com/f5kh0

If it was anyone else it wouldnt be a huge deal but that is twice in this series to hardens eyes in 3 games and he has a history.... should the league look into this? When you slow the video down dray isnt even looking at the ball and the ball is nowhere near dray yet he does seem to go right for the face.

buckalis
05-05-2019, 05:01 AM
Right now on reddit non warrior/rockets fans are irate over dray to hardens eyes and after you watch the video it legit does look like there is something there....

If it was anyone else it wouldnt be a huge deal but that is twice in this series to hardens eyes in 3 games and he has a history.... should the league look into this? When you slow the video down dray isnt even looking at the ball and the ball is nowhere near dray yet he does seem to go right for the face.

It is definitely dirty... Green ain't defending the ball, he just intentionally slaps Harden in the face.

More-Than-Most
05-05-2019, 05:08 AM
It is definitely dirty... Green ain't defending the ball, he just intentionally slaps Harden in the face.

yea that is the weirdest part to me... if the ball was in hardens other hand and he did that i feel like there is something to help dray but its so hard to try and come to drays defense with his history and how bad this looks... he goes right for his fact... He did say sorry after but harden wasnt having that.

Saddletramp
05-05-2019, 05:20 AM
Top comment: The eyes are the groin of the face.

Lol.

**** Draymond Green. He just needs to get kicked out of the league for all of the stupid **** heís done over the years.

Heís a trash human being.

More-Than-Most
05-05-2019, 05:29 AM
Top comment: The eyes are the groin of the face.

Lol.

**** Draymond Green. He just needs to get kicked out of the league for all of the stupid **** heís done over the years.

Heís a trash human being.

one of the comments was... he has such an infatuation with balls... this time its the eyeballs.... maaaaaaan

Saddletramp
05-05-2019, 05:50 AM
one of the comments was... he has such an infatuation with balls... this time its the eyeballs.... maaaaaaan

Lol. I think the Warriors sub got locked so no outsiders could go in. What a bunch of pussyass snowflakes. Not surprised, though. Most GS fans have only been a fan for a few years and they donít want any negativity shining in before they move on to the next super stud team. Live it up.

TakeYourL
05-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Dray should be suspended multiple games, this a fun series, and I don't want to see it ruined because a star gets seriously injured, on purpose, the way warriors took out Kahwi.

I don't mind physical play, even dirty tactics, but don't go after guys eyes, ankles, knees, that's taking to too far.

lakerfan85
05-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Looks pretty dirty to me..

Scoots
05-05-2019, 08:26 AM
Gee I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want all this in their forum.

That said, yeah it's questionable.

More-Than-Most
05-05-2019, 08:58 AM
Gee I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want all this in their forum.

That said, yeah it's questionable.

you guys are a dynasty... i would just laugh at anyone who actually tries to laugh at curry and so on down the list after a loss or any loss... I give curry **** but again the warriors have always gotten the last laugh and they will again... i **** on curry knowing damn well tre and others are gonna destroy me when he drops 50 next game which is fine... he should and he is that damn good... when it comes to dray there is just something off though... this really seems to be an on going thing and that video really doesnt help him any. If it was anyone else they would likely get some type of benefit of the doubt... dray gets a way with a ton when it comes to the refs but this type of stuff really really needs to stop on the floor. Players are gonna do stuff in the heat of the moment and it should mostly be brushed off... dray to say sorry and i hope it was sincere but harden legit pushing him away makes this also look worse.

Do i think it was intentional... I am not sure one way or another... I think dray legit just likes to play hard basketball and his defensive mentality is 100 percent clouding his on the court judgement at times and he probably doesnt mean to actually do some of the things he does

IndyRealist
05-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Dray should be suspended multiple games, this a fun series, and I don't want to see it ruined because a star gets seriously injured, on purpose, the way warriors took out Kahwi.

I don't mind physical play, even dirty tactics, but don't go after guys eyes, ankles, knees, that's taking to too far.

You get suspended one game for punching someone. Multiple games seems a bit extreme.

ewing
05-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Could have been an accident. IDK. definitely don't think it is clear enough for league action

Driven
05-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Could have been an accident. IDK. definitely don't think it is clear enough for league action

Agreed. When I saw this live I didnít think much of it, even after seeing the replay. Watching it now makes it seem more questionable to me, but itís also in slow motion and itís easy to think that it could be intentional after watching it multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
05-05-2019, 10:30 AM
Agreed. When I saw this live I didnít think much of it, even after seeing the replay. Watching it now makes it seem more questionable to me, but itís also in slow motion and itís easy to think that it could be intentional after watching it multiple times.

its mostly just where the ball is to me... i still mostly think its dray just playing hard defense and being reckless over trying to be dirty which players should still be held accountable for... but the ball being that far away and him swatting makes it really weird.

Driven
05-05-2019, 10:31 AM
its mostly just where the ball is to me... i still mostly think its dray just playing hard defense and being reckless over trying to be dirty which players should still be held accountable for... but the ball being that far away and him swatting makes it really weird.

I think thatís a good way to put it. Heís being more reckless than dirty.

I liked how everyone involved reacted to the play

goingfor28
05-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Clearly dirty. If Harden hadn't nearly gone blind during game 2, maybe (but not likely) Draymond would get the benefit of the doubt here.
But that *** hole knew exactly what he was doing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Vallejo Raiders
05-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Dray reminds me of my cousin that I hate playing with from San Francisco. No actually talent just to much wild energy. I swear to God my cousin will swing his elbows on a rebound and clock you on the face .Like bro da *****? Draymond IMHO is overrated and a cancer to this team's image. I rather have Iggy on his last legs out there...

nastynice
05-05-2019, 02:10 PM

Obviously not dirty, lmaoo :laugh2:

tp13baby
05-05-2019, 04:36 PM
I donít think itís dirty. Definitely not enough for league action

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 12:47 AM
Obviously not dirty, lmaoo :laugh2:

to me its not about it being dirty as much as its about dray being reckless and careless... he had 0 reason to swat... the ball wasnt close. Mean it or not there is an issue with this guy and how stupid he is and accountability should be a thing for players who are stupid but dont mean to be dirty

tredigs
05-06-2019, 12:54 AM
I miss the 90's.

nastynice
05-06-2019, 03:20 AM
to me its not about it being dirty as much as its about dray being reckless and careless... he had 0 reason to swat... the ball wasnt close. Mean it or not there is an issue with this guy and how stupid he is and accountability should be a thing for players who are stupid but dont mean to be dirty

OK, I've pretty much seen every single nba player swat at a ball on the other side of a ball handlers body, so I guess we have an issue with the entire league then..?

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 05:05 AM
OK, I've pretty much seen every single nba player swat at a ball on the other side of a ball handlers body, so I guess we have an issue with the entire league then..?

you have seen a guy rake the **** out of a dudes eyes... then the next game swat at a balll 50 feet away from him and hit the player in the eyes yet again?

nastynice
05-06-2019, 06:15 AM
you have seen a guy rake the **** out of a dudes eyes... then the next game swat at a balll 50 feet away from him and hit the player in the eyes yet again?

You haven't seen a guy get poked in the eye? You haven't seen a guy swat at a ball?

Have you ever seen someone take a jumpshot?

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 06:28 AM
You haven't seen a guy get poked in the eye? You haven't seen a guy swat at a ball?

Have you ever seen someone take a jumpshot?

i have and i have seen guys kick other guys in the balls while attempting a shot or jump shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeAMfW3RS0

that type of jump shot? where you basically aim and obliterate another persons nuts? Rarely have I seen such a thing... funny how it keeps happening to this 1 player more than anyone else no?

nastynice
05-06-2019, 06:43 AM
i have and i have seen guys kick other guys in the balls while attempting a shot or jump shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeAMfW3RS0

that type of jump shot? where you basically aim and obliterate another persons nuts? Rarely have I seen such a thing... funny how it keeps happening to this 1 player more than anyone else no?

No it doesnt, you're just a little too emotionally invested in him. So it seems like that to you.

.. and causes you to create threads based on green swiping at the ball. A play that takes place anywhere from 30 to 100 times a game. Literally.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 06:47 AM
No it doesnt, you're just a little too emotionally invested in him. So it seems like that to you.

.. and causes you to create threads based on green swiping at the ball. A play that takes place anywhere from 30 to 100 times a game. Literally.

lol lets go back and look at every single play this post seaosn and see where a guy swiped at another guy who had the ball in the opposite hand away from their body and the defender came down and swatted their eyes... do not speak of emotion when you are going to spew this garbage.. Again I never said it was dirty.. I said its reckless and careless because he is a moron... there is a huge difference.

nastynice
05-06-2019, 06:59 AM
lol lets go back and look at every single play this post seaosn and see where a guy swiped at another guy who had the ball in the opposite hand away from their body and the defender came down and swatted their eyes... do not speak of emotion when you are going to spew this garbage.. Again I never said it was dirty.. I said its reckless and careless because he is a moron... there is a huge difference.

Sure. Step 1 would be to gather all the on floor fouls. Majority of these are players swiping at the ball but getting the ball handler instead.

Would you say this is something rare or common in basketball games?

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Sure. Step 1 would be to gather all the on floor fouls. Majority of these are players swiping at the ball but getting the ball handler instead.

Would you say this is something rare or common in basketball games?

do they swipe at the guys eyes when the ball is actually 3 feet away from their eyes after actually hurting the players eyes?????????????????? you cant actually be this horrific at thinking he isnt a complete moron right?

nastynice
05-06-2019, 07:28 AM
do they swipe at the guys eyes when the ball is actually 3 feet away from their eyes after actually hurting the players eyes?????????????????? you cant actually be this horrific at thinking he isnt a complete moron right?

Yes, many times people get hit in the eye or elsewhere on the face next to the eye.

The only moronic thing here is the op, and you know it

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 07:52 AM
Yes, many times people get hit in the eye or elsewhere on the face next to the eye.

The only moronic thing here is the op, and you know it

strongly disagree considering it was the top rated thing on just about every sports site including reddit about how dirty it was while i actually tried to justify why he did it but continue to be a homer that has no clue but has argued every single time for dray when he has done something slimey/dirty... do you want me to link the posts? i will lol

not just dray by the way... do you remember your awful take defending zaza when he tried to end kaw carreer??????????????????????????????????????????? ?? i doooooooooooooo lmfao

nastynice
05-06-2019, 08:03 AM
strongly disagree considering it was the top rated thing on just about every sports site including reddit about how dirty it was while i actually tried to justify why he did it but continue to be a homer that has no clue but has argued every single time for dray when he has done something slimey/dirty... do you want me to link the posts? i will lol

not just dray by the way... do you remember your awful take defending zaza when he tried to end kaw carreer??????????????????????????????????????????? ?? i doooooooooooooo lmfao

Awesome, everyone hates the warriors and think the same moronic things about them, that's good to know.

There's nothing to justify. He swiped at a ball. There no need to justify that.

Yes, that Zaza is a big man who doesn't have the greatest coordination and so might be caught on an island if defending on the perimeter. I don't see what's funny about that, but I'm not mad that you got a laugh out of it

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 10:14 AM
I mean, same guy was out there hunting for nuts to kick a few years back, and said it was an accident. You create your own rep, so.....

beasted86
05-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Draymond is reckless. You play the result, not the intent. First eye scratching in Game 2 should have been a flagrant 2.

IndyRealist
05-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Anyone who thinks that players on their team don't take cheap shots is a homer. Every player is looking for any edge they can get away with.

Watch any 5 consecutive set plays without watching the ball and you'll be appalled by the amount of holding, push offs, etc. which are all against the rules but happen every game when the refs aren't looking.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Anyone who thinks that players on their team don't take cheap shots is a homer. Every player is looking for any edge they can get away with.

Watch any 5 consecutive set plays without watching the ball and you'll be appalled by the amount of holding, push offs, etc. which are all against the rules but happen every game when the refs aren't looking.

especially come playoffs.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 11:18 AM
especially come playoffs.

Yeah... playoffs is the key word, because it then means that it's included in the coach' "tactics" against certain players... Harden had this before... I can remember Harden being forced to leave the game with a "twisted"neck and head concussion a few years back when he was playing at OKC...

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Yeah... playoffs is the key word, because it then means that it's included in the coach' "tactics" against certain players... Harden had this before... I can remember Harden being forced to leave the game with a "twisted"neck and head concussion a few years back when he was playing at OKC...

I think it has more to do with the players. Come playoffs, every play matters. Every single time you can get away with a hold, or a shot, it helps.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 12:32 PM
I think it has more to do with the players. Come playoffs, every play matters. Every single time you can get away with a hold, or a shot, it helps.

I believe it is also "tactics" from (some) coaches against "certain" players... They usually "sacrifice" a player that has 2ndary role in the roster and put him on the biggest threat of the other team in order to exhaust him out...

Scoots
05-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Indeed. Players started wearing those long sleeves because their arms were getting torn up from all the grabbing and pulling and scratching.

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 01:56 PM
I believe it is also "tactics" from (some) coaches against "certain" players... They usually "sacrifice" a player that has 2ndary role in the roster and put him on the biggest threat of the other team in order to exhaust him out...

Oh for sure some coaches like more physical styles. But that has lessened with the pansy rules over time, to a large degree.

noahnoobfax
05-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Its careless & clumsy in this specific instance or two, but if thereís anyone to have this type of disrespect, itíd be Dray.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 02:35 PM
Oh for sure some coaches like more physical styles. But that has lessened with the pansy rules over time, to a large degree.

That's slightly different... Every coach does that if he has the "player to sacrifice" in his roster... What I say differs with some coaches that ask the "role player" to: "do everything but don't let him score by all means and don't care about fouling on him... play him dirty if you can't stop him otherwise"...

It's rare and doesn't apply to all coaches, but it does happen with some...

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 02:38 PM
That's slightly different... Every coach does that if he has the "player to sacrifice" in his roster... What I say differs with some coaches that ask the "role player" to: "do everything but don't let him score by all means and don't care about fouling on him... play him dirty if you can't stop him otherwise"...

It's rare and doesn't apply to all coaches, but it does happen with some...

Chuck Daly, or Jeff Van Gundy didn't care what your name was, if you had the opportunity to make a play, or stop a play, do it by any means.

We agree with each other, just talking different viewpoints is all.