PDA

View Full Version : Lakers expected to hire Ty Lou to be next head coach

GiantsSwaGG
05-03-2019, 02:23 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-rumors-lakers-proceeding-toward-hiring-ty-lue-next-head-coach

Great hire!!!

Vee-Rex
05-03-2019, 02:59 PM
:laugh2:

I'm so glad to be done with that mess.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 03:03 PM
who else was a viable option? Monty would have been a bad signing.... everyone wants to laugh but let's be real? which coach can we realistically get that would already have Lebrons respect, and has Championship pedigree?

The one thing I hope is that he hires the best assistant coaches and medical staff because that was Luke's downfall... will be nice to actually have a 1/2 court offense too

Scoots
05-03-2019, 04:04 PM

I'm so glad to be done with that mess.

It's amazing how teams repeat other teams mistakes.

Scoots
05-03-2019, 04:08 PM
who else was a viable option? Monty would have been a bad signing.... everyone wants to laugh but let's be real? which coach can we realistically get that would already have Lebrons respect, and has Championship pedigree?

The one thing I hope is that he hires the best assistant coaches and medical staff because that was Luke's downfall... will be nice to actually have a 1/2 court offense too

The coach doesn't usually hire the medical staff, so if Walton is being blamed for them that's a bit BS (but the guy who gets fired usually gets blamed for a lot of things).

And you should know that your offense is going to just be even more the LeBron offense, not a Ty Lue offense.

That said, you are right, not many people out there who want to take that on, and Lue's Lakers history probably helps too.

At least they didn't get Kidd or Mark or Phil Jackson ... that would have been a real sideshow.

Still, in a vacuum it's an uninspired hire.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 04:10 PM
The coach doesn't usually hire the medical staff, so if Walton is being blamed for them that's a bit BS (but the guy who gets fired usually gets blamed for a lot of things).

And you should know that your offense is going to just be even more the LeBron offense, not a Ty Lue offense.

That said, you are right, not many people out there who want to take that on, and Lue's Lakers history probably helps too.

At least they didn't get Kidd or Mark or Phil Jackson ... that would have been a real sideshow.

Still, in a vacuum it's an uninspired hire.

Marco Nunez was on staff before Luke's hiring, he was asked numerous amounts of times to upgrade his coaching staff, medical team etc, was asked to hire a shooting coach... which he refused... ultimately that's what led to his departure...

Giannis94
05-03-2019, 04:18 PM
And the circus has its circus co-director.

Lebron will get him fired/let go within 2-3 years. That's just how things work. Lue had to step away from coaching the last time he coached Lebron. Why would this time be any different

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Lebron will get him fired/let go within 2-3 years. That's just how things work. Lue had to step away from coaching the last time he coached Lebron. Why would this time be any different

And he still had as many rings as Milwaukee in their entire existence .... yikes!

Giannis94
05-03-2019, 04:45 PM
And he still had as many rings as Milwaukee in their entire existence .... yikes!

The lakers organization has two more rapists in their Organizational history than the Bucks do in their franchise history.....Yikes.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Lmfao na they just hire a bunch of women beaters! Brown, Kidd, Simmons! The list goes on and on! :laugh2:

LakerClipperFan
05-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Love this hire! Bryantfans are so triggered, hahaha!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Swift Game
05-03-2019, 05:58 PM
The lakers organization has two more rapists in their Organizational history than the Bucks do in their franchise history.....Yikes.Salty fan without a viable comeback on aisle 5....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Love this hire! Bryantfans are so triggered, hahaha!!!!!!!!! :) :)

?????

Giannis94
05-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Lmfao na they just hire a bunch of women beaters! Brown, Kidd, Simmons! The list goes on and on! :laugh2:

I personally hated Kidd from the get-go and let it be voiced. Kidd would have been a perfect fit in LA as he is an absolute lunatic- and a left wing one at that.

buckalis
05-03-2019, 07:12 PM
It can mean one of two things:

1. Lakers decided on Bron to take over as coach and also to dictate to the GM all new contracts and roster, who goes and who comes...

2. Out of the coaches they interviewed, the decent ones turned them down after they heard the answer in their Q "what the role of Bron with the team will be"? and therefore they were forced to go for Lou...

In either case Lebron takes over...

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 07:35 PM
cannot wait to watch the Celtics beat the Bucks today!!!

Scoots
05-03-2019, 08:05 PM
cannot wait to watch the Celtics beat the Bucks today!!!

What does this have to do with the topic?

Scoots
05-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Marco Nunez was on staff before Luke's hiring, he was asked numerous amounts of times to upgrade his coaching staff, medical team etc, was asked to hire a shooting coach... which he refused... ultimately that's what led to his departure...

Why would they ask Walton to upgrade the training staff? I get the other stuff ... the poor staff was a major reason Mark Jackson got fired. But the training staff is not usually the coaches job.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Why would they ask Walton to upgrade the training staff? I get the other stuff ... the poor staff was a major reason Mark Jackson got fired. But the training staff is not usually the coaches job.

Luke had full control of coaches and staff on the bench, he opted not to upgrade so that's why he got the boot. I like Luke but too stubborn costed him the Lakers job, hope he learns from his mistake.

ewing
05-03-2019, 09:37 PM
LeBron is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 09:49 PM
LeBron is a joke

damn what does that mean about the ...... ;)

Scoots
05-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Luke had full control of coaches and staff on the bench, he opted not to upgrade so that's why he got the boot. I like Luke but too stubborn costed him the Lakers job, hope he learns from his mistake.

I don't doubt his staff is his responsibility ... it's just the training staff part that confused me.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 10:34 PM
I don't doubt his staff is his responsibility ... it's just the training staff part that confused me.

I understand, usually he doesnít have responsibility for the guy... the thing that fís me up is we hire these guys because they were Lakers.. Nunez was Garry Vittiís ďprotegeĒ .... Luke elected to keep him on the bench with the assistants... we missed over 200games+ total this year... itís ok, we can just move on from this because weíre not getting anywhere with it but Luke did have full control of the entire staff.

ewing
05-03-2019, 10:48 PM
damn what does that mean about the ...... ;)

What???

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 10:51 PM
What???

Be Cool.

ewing
05-03-2019, 10:58 PM
Be Cool.

I donít understand young people

More-Than-Most
05-03-2019, 11:04 PM
this is a joke right? please dont do this lakers... PLEASE. You can ask Vee just how bad this will be man.... pls... dont give lebron all the power.

More-Than-Most
05-03-2019, 11:05 PM
LeBron is a joke

i dont even blame him really..... i cant understand how organizations keep letting him do this. I pray it works for the lakers though but i hated him as the coach on the cavs

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 11:13 PM
I donít understand young people

Iím as old or older than you. Just ... nothing. Chill homie..

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 11:14 PM
this is a joke right? please dont do this lakers... PLEASE. You can ask Vee just how bad this will be man.... pls... dont give lebron all the power.

Who else can we get?

ewing
05-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Iím as old or older than you. Just ... nothing. Chill homie..

Iím chill. Just a little confused

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 11:20 PM

I know you are, and thatís ok.

goingfor28
05-03-2019, 11:26 PM
"coach"

We all know the real coach is LeBron.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
05-03-2019, 11:32 PM
Any laker fans ok with this?

More-Than-Most
05-03-2019, 11:36 PM
Who else can we get?

i think its better than monty though but yea good point... I personally think giving lebron this much power could be really bad though man.

ewing
05-03-2019, 11:47 PM
i think its better than monty though but yea good point... I personally think giving lebron this much power could be really bad though man.

They should have hired Nate Robinson

GiantsSwaGG
05-04-2019, 12:08 AM
Any laker fans ok with this?

Itís a great hire imo.

ewing
05-04-2019, 12:25 AM
Itís a great hire imo.

The best

Chronz
05-04-2019, 12:27 AM
Wait, why is this bad?lool

LaVar Ball
05-04-2019, 09:32 AM

Doesnít matter. LeBron has 2 (maybe 3 more years left if he exercise his player option) so it would run thru the same timeline as Ty Lue. If we unsuccessful with those 2 guys, Lue can get fired and Bron can retire.

Then weíll go after Giannis when he becomes a free agent and boom. Lakers be back

Cal827
05-04-2019, 09:39 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Did the Lakers FO just go into full fetal position?

LaVar Ball
05-04-2019, 09:39 AM

He saying your Knicks are garbage. Go worry about your own franchise you troll

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Scoots
05-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Doesnít matter. LeBron has 2 (maybe 3 more years left if he exercise his player option) so it would run thru the same timeline as Ty Lue. If we unsuccessful with those 2 guys, Lue can get fired and Bron can retire.

Then weíll go after Giannis when he becomes a free agent and boom. Lakers be back

If the Lakers draft Bronny you won't get rid of him even then.

Scoots
05-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Let's keep it on topic.

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 02:03 PM
Let's keep it on topic.

:cheers:

Yea, let's get back to bashing the Lakers more

Scoots
05-04-2019, 02:18 PM
:cheers:

Yea, let's get back to bashing the Lakers more

Like I said, on topic.

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 02:50 PM
"coach"

We all know the real coach is LeBron.

They should have hired Nate Robinson

Itís a great hire imo.

The best

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Did the Lakers FO just go into full fetal position?

Yea letís stay on topic and keep bashing the Lakers.

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 02:51 PM
If the Lakers draft Bronny you won't get rid of him even then.

Letís stay on topic ;)

TrueFan420
05-04-2019, 03:11 PM
What does Saquon and Daniel Jones have to do with Lakers hiring Lou?

Stay on topic kid. Lou is a great hire. Take the complement n move on

Do tell... why do you think Lou is a great hire?

ewing
05-04-2019, 05:12 PM

Two franchiseís can be a joke

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Two franchiseís can be a joke

Except, when was your last Championship? Hmmmm

Scoots
05-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Letís stay on topic ;)

Hehe ... well we ARE talking about the Lakers.

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 05:42 PM

lol I'm just jabbin back... Boys will be boys... It's all good :)

ewing
05-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Except, when was your last Championship? Hmmmm

Letís stay on topic. If some wants to make a thread about my joke franchise they can. This thread is about yours and their latest way of flaunting it

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Letís stay on topic. If some wants to make a thread about my joke franchise they can. This thread is about yours and their latest way of flaunting it

So your reply was staying on topic?

ewing
05-04-2019, 07:55 PM
So your reply was staying on topic?

Yes. This is clearly a LeBron hire. Itís a **** hire and itís further prove that LeBron and the Laker franchise by extension are a joke

lakerfan85
05-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Iíve been saying this forever. Lue is awful yet some Laker fans want to accept this.. The Lakers are done. They ainít winning **** in a long *** time.

GREATNESS ONE
05-04-2019, 11:41 PM
whoís the better hire? Can anyone answer that? Juwan Howard?

cmellofan15
05-05-2019, 12:38 AM
candidates I would consider before pulling the trigger on Lue

Joerger
either Van Gundy
Vogel
Vanterpool (especially seeing the Blazers in this years playoffs)
Becky Hammon

not saying that any of these are necessarily a better hire considering their roster, but it seems like the Lakers should broaden their search efforts after the suns nabbed Monty...I don't think should just settle on the only Lebron guy left.

TrueFan420
05-05-2019, 12:42 AM

Marc Jackson would have been a better coach to hire and I donít even think that highly of him as a coach but Lou is horrible coach and it all but confirms what everyone already knew. Lebron will get whatever he wants and will he further insulated. This is a recipe for disaster.

lakerfan85
05-05-2019, 12:50 AM

We could hire a bum off the corner of the street and it would be a better hire than Lue..

LaVar Ball
05-05-2019, 01:19 AM

tittaaayyyyssss

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 01:30 AM
Lots of my friends in LA who are longtime kobefans are moving over to the Clippers. Maybe some of you guys are finding out "hey, we're not really lakerfans after all." and find your way over to #ClipperNation

We could hire a bum off the corner of the street and it would be a better hire than Lue..

lakerfan85
05-05-2019, 01:39 AM
Lots of my friends in LA who are longtime kobefans are moving over to the Clippers. Maybe some of you guys are finding out "hey, we're not really lakerfans after all." and find your way over to #ClipperNation

Serious question.. Did somebody drop you on your head when you were an infant??

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 03:37 AM
Give it some thought - because you obviously do not sound like a fan of the Lakers. The fanbase is changing, and a lot of bryantfans are finding other teams (Warriors, Clippers, etc...)

Iíve been saying this forever. Lue is awful yet some Laker fans want to accept this.. The Lakers are done. They ainít winning **** in a long *** time.

TakeYourL
05-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Buss gonna bs removed as owner, if she isn't careful, Bron is taking out everyone there until he's the last one left.

Bron wants to own that team.

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 11:42 AM
Buss gonna bs removed as owner, if she isn't careful, Bron is taking out everyone there until he's the last one left.

Bron wants to own that team.

Lmfao címon man, Lebron doesnít have that kind of money to buy the Lakers.... some other crappy franchise is much more likelier..

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 11:43 AM

:laugh2: donít take the bait

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Marc Jackson would have been a better coach to hire and I donít even think that highly of him as a coach but Lou is horrible coach and it all but confirms what everyone already knew. Lebron will get whatever he wants and will he further insulated. This is a recipe for disaster.

Lol

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Off topic, troll. I heard #LeGOAT and Ty Lue were at the fights last night. Any truth to this rumor?

Lmfao címon man, Lebron doesnít have that kind of money to buy the Lakers.... some other crappy franchise is much more likelier..

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 12:28 PM
You should know, since you're a "Lakers fan"

Heediot
05-05-2019, 12:30 PM
hopefully its just a 3 yr deal for lue, and lakers can can him with less hesitancy if it doesn't work out.

noahnoobfax
05-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Itís not as bad as people make it out to be in my opinion. Part of the fault of the Lakers this season was the utter lack of shooting they had to go around the one player whoís fullest potential for winning becomes unlocked with shooters around him. Time and time again its proven crucial to surround a dominant player with shooters to make the offense very hard to guard (Lebron the past few years, Giannis this year, Dhoward in 09) and the fact Magic went against that was stupid. Letting Lopez walk was VERY stupid this year, he would have been perfect for the Lakers. I think Rob Pelinka will be able to learn from this. Back to Ty Lue though, this is a coach who, though he makes dumb decisions a lot, understands the ďLebron systemĒ more than most in this league do. Without LeBron heís utterly useless (0-6 to start the season), (4-22 without lebron and w kyrie & love), but with him he does a great job of unlocking LeBronís fullest potential. He has those perks however if hired youíre probably going to see stupid rotations and questionable plays when LeBron is off the floor, that comes with having him as a coach. However, donít expect anything under 5 seed for the king this upcoming season.

Scoots
05-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Itís not as bad as people make it out to be in my opinion. Part of the fault of the Lakers this season was the utter lack of shooting they had to go around the one player whoís fullest potential for winning becomes unlocked with shooters around him. Time and time again its proven crucial to surround a dominant player with shooters to make the offense very hard to guard (Lebron the past few years, Giannis this year, Dhoward in 09) and the fact Magic went against that was stupid. Letting Lopez walk was VERY stupid this year, he would have been perfect for the Lakers. I think Rob Pelinka will be able to learn from this. Back to Ty Lue though, this is a coach who, though he makes dumb decisions a lot, understands the ďLebron systemĒ more than most in this league do. Without LeBron heís utterly useless (0-6 to start the season), (4-22 without lebron and w kyrie & love), but with him he does a great job of unlocking LeBronís fullest potential. He has those perks however if hired youíre probably going to see stupid rotations and questionable plays when LeBron is off the floor, that comes with having him as a coach. However, donít expect anything under 5 seed for the king this upcoming season.

First post ... let's not go predicting the playoffs for a roster that has only 7 players under contract (and all of them missed a lot of games last year) and only 2 the year after that. There is a LOT of work to do on this roster to be making bold predictions.

TakeYourL
05-05-2019, 03:43 PM

He owns a sports agency that is partnered with the richest most powerful entertainment agency in the world, if he wants to pull the finances together he easily could.

PAOboston
05-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Itís sad the Lakers are being held hostage by a 35 year old LeBron. That franchise is going to be left in shambles again in about 2 years.

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 04:42 PM
He owns a sports agency that is partnered with the richest most powerful entertainment agency in the world, if he wants to pull the finances together he easily could.

lol ok humor me...and how much do you think the Lakers franchise is worth? Keep in mind the bidding war would be insane..

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 05:06 PM
LeBron could put together a group to buy the Lakers. I think/hope eventually he will be a front office guy, the face of the Lakers franchise for decades. Maybe when he signed, he made that agreement with Jeanie Buss.

Heediot
05-05-2019, 06:38 PM
LeBron could put together a group to buy the Lakers. I think/hope eventually he will be a front office guy, the face of the Lakers franchise for decades. Maybe when he signed, he made that agreement with Jeanie Buss.

lmao. your lebron fantasies and wet dreams are entertaining.

Cal827
05-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Yea letís stay on topic and keep bashing the Lakers.

Okay, sorry. I just think that it's a terrible idea by the Lakers. There are major questions on how much of an coaching impact Lue actually has on a team, (especially a team with a bunch of younger players cause his teams in Cleveland were full of veterans). Many people believe he's more of a Lebron hire/patsy (even with the title). This could hurt the teams pursuit of Thompson/Durant/Leonard/Walker, etc, cause while they might not mind playing with Lebron, the impression that Lebron rules the entire team functions through his stroke might be a bit of a turnoff. Of course, we'll have to see what happens come July, but this might have a negative impact.

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 07:22 PM

:laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Okay, sorry. I just think that it's a terrible idea by the Lakers. There are major questions on how much of an coaching impact Lue actually has on a team, (especially a team with a bunch of younger players cause his teams in Cleveland were full of veterans). Many people believe he's more of a Lebron hire/patsy (even with the title). This could hurt the teams pursuit of Thompson/Durant/Leonard/Walker, etc, cause while they might not mind playing with Lebron, the impression that Lebron rules the entire team functions through his stroke might be a bit of a turnoff. Of course, we'll have to see what happens come July, but this might have a negative impact.

fair enough and no sweat...

noahnoobfax
05-05-2019, 08:50 PM
First post ... let's not go predicting the playoffs for a roster that has only 7 players under contract (and all of them missed a lot of games last year) and only 2 the year after that. There is a LOT of work to do on this roster to be making bold predictions.

Youíd think the fact only 7 players on the roster would mean they could have the ability to revamp the roster, right? Itís less a bold prediction & more of using past context to justify my reasoning. Ty Lue & Rob Pelinka could get something special going if they get an all star level talent (doesnt even have to be superstar) and a few shooters around bron. Lue knows LBJ, itís not completely far fetched to believe those two go well together. I mean, they have a ring for goodness sake.

& who cares if itís my first post? I like talking ball and thought Iíd join in [emoji14]

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Glad you're entertained, seriously. Too many guys take themselves too seriously.

What we know FOR SURE is that next year, Bron passes Bryant in points and steals.
We also know that my "wet dream" about Ty Lue is coming true :clap:

Scoots
05-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Youíd think the fact only 7 players on the roster would mean they could have the ability to revamp the roster, right? Itís less a bold prediction & more of using past context to justify my reasoning. Ty Lue & Rob Pelinka could get something special going if they get an all star level talent (doesnt even have to be superstar) and a few shooters around bron. Lue knows LBJ, itís not completely far fetched to believe those two go well together. I mean, they have a ring for goodness sake.

& who cares if itís my first post? I like talking ball and thought Iíd join in [emoji14]

Yes, they have room to remake the roster ... just like they did last year. Last year people were predicting 3 seed for the Lakers. Until the roster has something more it's pretty hard to support a prediction of top 5 seed out of the blue.

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Glad you're entertained, seriously. Too many guys take themselves too seriously.

What we know FOR SURE is that next year, Bron passes Bryant in points and steals.
We also know that my "wet dream" about Ty Lue is coming true :clap:

Which is all good and true but the thing that matter most to real Lakers fans is Championships.. right now we have to take the first step and get back to being a playoff team (which we would have been if we were healthy)

Saying all that, Lebron bringing a title back to LAL will catapult his love up near Bryantís, more Lakers fans would be accepting toward him and we wouldnít get the bash fest we have now.

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 10:38 PM
Yes, they have room to remake the roster ... just like they did last year. Last year people were predicting 3 seed for the Lakers. Until the roster has something more it's pretty hard to support a prediction of top 5 seed out of the blue.

Until 212+ total games missed... healthy that teams wins 13 more games. I get it, you hate us, I donít blame
You but not watching the games (rarely) it really doesnít seem like you have anything to support your claims on... but hey it happened and you can say it all you want until we prove differently.

LakerClipperFan
05-05-2019, 10:49 PM
Fair statements for the most part, though I think the haters will continue to hate #LABron even if he wins a Chip, which frankly is not guaranteed. All I hear Lakerfans saying is "gosh I hope we can get the 8th seed."

Sure, every time wants to win a Title, that's not unique to any team. Mind you, Lakers haven't even scratched the 1st round in something like 7 years. The last time we made it we got swept in the 1st round (Spurs?).

We should start a separate thread just for my LABron pipe dreams. I see him getting this additional extension contract with the Lakers, maybe a 2 year deal similar to bryant's, then a nice long farewell tour where he becomes the all time leading scorer in NBA history.

He said himself he wants his #23 jersey in the rafters - and I think it's headed there!

Which is all good and true but the thing that matter most to real Lakers fans is Championships.. right now we have to take the first step and get back to being a playoff team (which we would have been if we were healthy)

Saying all that, Lebron bringing a title back to LAL will catapult his love up near Bryantís, more Lakers fans would be accepting toward him and we wouldnít get the bash fest we have now.

goingfor28
05-05-2019, 10:52 PM
How does one become a Lakers and Clippers fan?

GREATNESS ONE
05-05-2019, 11:26 PM

Lol they donít..

goingfor28
05-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Lol they donít..My thoughts as well.

LaVar Ball
05-06-2019, 12:56 AM
Fair statements for the most part, though I think the haters will continue to hate #LABron even if he wins a Chip, which frankly is not guaranteed. All I hear Lakerfans saying is "gosh I hope we can get the 8th seed."

Sure, every time wants to win a Title, that's not unique to any team. Mind you, Lakers haven't even scratched the 1st round in something like 7 years. The last time we made it we got swept in the 1st round (Spurs?).

We should start a separate thread just for my LABron pipe dreams. I see him getting this additional extension contract with the Lakers, maybe a 2 year deal similar to bryant's, then a nice long farewell tour where he becomes the all time leading scorer in NBA history.

He said himself he wants his #23 jersey in the rafters - and I think it's headed there!

la hidalga

Scoots
05-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Until 212+ total games missed... healthy that teams wins 13 more games. I get it, you hate us, I donít blame
You but not watching the games (rarely) it really doesnít seem like you have anything to support your claims on... but hey it happened and you can say it all you want until we prove differently.

Hehe, it has nothing to do with hate ... I'm just saying that with half a roster of empty jerseys and half that missed 30% of the games last year it's a stretch to predict ANYTHING.

Scoots
05-06-2019, 09:35 AM

By not being able to afford Lakers tickets?

GREATNESS ONE
05-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Hehe, it has nothing to do with hate ... I'm just saying that with half a roster of empty jerseys and half that missed 30% of the games last year it's a stretch to predict ANYTHING.

Which I responded with, hard to disagree with.... we have proven nothing yet, I know weíre a easy target right now. Itís all good.

Scoots
05-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Which I responded with, hard to disagree with.... we have proven nothing yet, I know weíre a easy target right now. Itís all good.

If you look at the free agent list for this off-season ... if the Lakers add the top 4 stand still shooters, a decent center and PF they will be a LOT better. Then all Lue has to do is get the young guys to develop and give the ball to LeBron.

noahnoobfax
05-06-2019, 11:27 AM
If you look at the free agent list for this off-season ... if the Lakers add the top 4 stand still shooters, a decent center and PF they will be a LOT better. Then all Lue has to do is get the young guys to develop and give the ball to LeBron.

Thatís what I was trying to say my man. They will most likely be top 5 seed if they add a star and shooters. Itís early for predictions yes, but its not a very big stretch to say that especially if they get a stretch big or two, theyíll be guaranteed playoff bound.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 12:47 PM

There is only one problem... "Convincing FAs to join Lebron or the Lakers"... at least for next season and especially if Lou is the coach as it will then mean that they'll have to live under Lebron's "shadow" in all floor "tactics", "coaching" and even their "contract management" to much extend...

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 01:01 PM
LOL needs VUC

buckalis
05-06-2019, 01:08 PM
LOL needs VUC

What is VUC?

Scoots
05-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Thatís what I was trying to say my man. They will most likely be top 5 seed if they add a star and shooters. Itís early for predictions yes, but its not a very big stretch to say that especially if they get a stretch big or two, theyíll be guaranteed playoff bound.

Okay ... your language didn't make it sound like "most likely if" but much more certain.

Scoots
05-06-2019, 01:36 PM
LOL needs VUC

Vuc wouldn't like playing with LeBron.

Scoots
05-06-2019, 01:38 PM
There is only one problem... "Convincing FAs to join Lebron or the Lakers"... at least for next season and especially if Lou is the coach as it will then mean that they'll have to live under Lebron's "shadow" in all floor "tactics", "coaching" and even their "contract management" to much extend...

I think they will struggle to land a top FA, but what I was saying was that they don't need a top FA to make the playoffs, they just need the right kind of free agents.

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 01:52 PM

You bring up a good point. List me some players that would like playing with lebron. I think you could make the argument that Assistant coach with the lakers is a more desirable role than HC because Lebron will get the HC fired in due time.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 02:21 PM

Ohhh... he meant Vooch! Everybody wants him, but I doubt Hammond lets him go... He certainly won't go to the Lakers if he ever leaves Orlando...

He is the "best of buddies" with Mirotic, with whom he was team mates when they where kids back in Montenegro (they are the only two from Montenegro in the league) and the Bucks have Mirotic all over him as to join the Bucks... But as I said before, "I doubt Hammond will loose him off his hands with ease"...

Scoots
05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
You bring up a good point. List me some players that would like playing with lebron. I think you could make the argument that Assistant coach with the lakers is a more desirable role than HC because Lebron will get the HC fired in due time.

About 3/4 of the free agents ... just not the top ones.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 05:14 PM
About 3/4 of the free agents ... just not the top ones.

1/8th of the FAs and then the lower part quality wise, would be a far more reasonable figure, although still optimistic...

I believe that the managers of the players have an example to be based on after the FAs that signed with the Lakers the previous off season...

I believe that last February the 7th deadline is a good example of how managers look at the Lakers and the same will be repeated this off season...

Ask Bledsoe (who is the best of buddies with Lebron) if you don't trust me saying...

Scoots
05-06-2019, 09:14 PM
1/8th of the FAs and then the lower part quality wise, would be a far more reasonable figure, although still optimistic...

I believe that the managers of the players have an example to be based on after the FAs that signed with the Lakers the previous off season...

I believe that last February the 7th deadline is a good example of how managers look at the Lakers and the same will be repeated this off season...

Ask Bledsoe (who is the best of buddies with Lebron) if you don't trust me saying...

The Lakers can absolutely add 3/4 of the free agents ... they won't get them on some sort of 1 year cheap deal, but you pay a mid-level NBA player more than what they are worth for more years than makes sense and most of them will go anywhere and play with/for anyone.

goingfor28
05-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Vuc wouldn't like playing with LeBron.Nobody seems to like playing w LeBron lately.

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 10:25 PM
The Lakers can absolutely add 3/4 of the free agents ... they won't get them on some sort of 1 year cheap deal, but you pay a mid-level NBA player more than what they are worth for more years than makes sense and most of them will go anywhere and play with/for anyone.
We taking like Luol, Mozgov and the other guy they signed that off-season? Lakers fans really want that all over?

buckalis
05-06-2019, 10:27 PM

I always though (and now realize) that you are totally clueless on basketball... Let me explain it you... It doesn't matter that you realize no"worthy" FA will sign an 1-year deal... It's the trade they can't control later... Understand?

But even if they will believe that "they trust their performance" and therefore "the Lakers won't trade them if in a mulltiyear contract"... there is no way they can see the Lakers going somewhere with Giannis being 24 and Lebron 35... Understand?

If you don't (understand) then you better wake up and realize there is a new king in the NBA!

Therefore stop posting nonsense and stop banding people for explaining it to you... because you've heart PSD's credibility more than anyone in here!

You are simply totally clueless on basketball!

IMPORTANT EDIT: You and Rivera!

ewing
05-06-2019, 11:17 PM
Nobody seems to like playing w LeBron lately.

He seems like a great teammate

LakerClipperFan
05-06-2019, 11:55 PM
#TyLUE had a Lakers cake for his birthday last night. DEFINiTELY our next Lakers Head Coach.

I LOVE IT!!!!! :clap::clap:

cmellofan15
05-07-2019, 12:24 AM
the last time this dude wore a lakers jersey AI was walking over him....and this is who you want calling the shots?

Vee-Rex
05-07-2019, 01:12 AM
Tyronn Lol is gonna be playing the vets over the younger guys.

LaVar Ball
05-07-2019, 01:14 AM
#TyLUE had a Lakers cake for his birthday last night. DEFINiTELY our next Lakers Head Coach.

I LOVE IT!!!!! :clap::clap:

You know what I love? ....

tittttaayyyssss

ewing
05-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Tyronn Lol is gonna be playing the vets over the younger guys.

Heís going to do whatever Bron tells him to do. Itís a good thing Bron is so likable

LakerClipperFan
05-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Live in L.A.
fan of NBA
go to a lot of games

Now let's ask Greatness One how he qualifies as a Lakerfan in Vegas, never going to see the Lakers games. You guys are so accustomed to internet fans that you forgot what it means to be a local fan of your local team(s).

Lol they donít..

My thoughts as well.

GREATNESS ONE
05-07-2019, 01:45 PM

LakerClipperFan
05-07-2019, 04:04 PM
yeah dog, how many Lakers games you go to in the past couple of years? show us a link to where u posted about it. you're an internet fan, lmao.

Cal827
05-07-2019, 11:13 PM
You know what I love? ....

tittttaayyyssss

Underrated Post

.... Wait a minute....

COULD IT BE?!

Giannis94
05-08-2019, 12:02 AM
Live in L.A.
fan of NBA
go to a lot of games

Now let's ask Greatness One how he qualifies as a Lakerfan in Vegas, never going to see the Lakers games. You guys are so accustomed to internet fans that you forgot what it means to be a local fan of your local team(s).
But if he's a Clinton supporter he's surely a kobe supporter which had to be the connection.

GREATNESS ONE
05-08-2019, 12:26 PM

I love watching you talk to yourself

lakerfan85
05-08-2019, 03:55 PM
The realist LaVar Ball? Lol!

Giannis94
05-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Lol wtf

More-Than-Most
05-09-2019, 02:25 AM
nope he ended talks with them lol... wow.

Teeboy1487
05-09-2019, 09:37 AM
The Lakers are so poorly ran. I stopped being a fan several months ago.

Scoots
05-09-2019, 09:43 AM
He must have been asking for some pretty big money or some pretty big power to have it fall apart.

Giannis94
05-09-2019, 09:44 AM
He must have been asking for some pretty big money or some pretty big power to have it fall apart.

Call it like it is: he wanted the power over LABRON

TheDish87
05-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Lue wanted 5 years and a salary to reflect his championship resume i saw Woj tweet. I love the dumpster fire the Lakers are, its amazing.

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:01 AM
The Lakers are so poorly ran. I stopped being a fan several months ago.

:facepalm:

Good riddance!

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Apparently they wanted to pick his coaching staff too! What a joke!

SfgiantsJD3
05-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Apparently they wanted to pick his coaching staff too! What a joke!

Sounds like they wanted to tie him to LeBrons Contract

TrueFan420
05-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Hahahah too funny... the lakers are extremely lucky... they just dodged a bullet

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Yup and Kurt Rambis wanted to be an assistant on Lueís staff!!

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 11:59 AM
Frank Vogel coming in today for HC position..

TrueFan420
05-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Frank Vogel coming in today for HC position..

That would be an interesting hire if they can land him.

Cal827
05-09-2019, 01:34 PM

Seeing what happened in Cleveland with and w/o Lebron, I'm shocked he's offended by this :laugh2:

Scoots
05-10-2019, 06:07 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-offer-to-tyronn-lue-was-disrespectful-and-pitiful-according-to-chauncey-billups-145717324.html

Cracka2HI!
05-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Remember that Laker fan that was saying The Clippers were finished and Jerry West was going to die this year :laugh2:

Cal827
05-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Remember that Laker fan that was saying The Clippers were finished and Jerry West was going to die this year :laugh2:

Well, that's a different way of taking shots at another team.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2019, 10:25 PM

Vinyl Man?

goingfor28
05-10-2019, 10:41 PM
Wow. Lakers are such a mess that even Ty Lue's garbage *** said no thanks. Lol.

ewing
05-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Vinyl Man?

I think He was a Pels fan

R. Johnson#3
05-10-2019, 11:56 PM
Lol Lakers wanted to give him the boot when Lebron leaves. Canít blame them.

michael811
05-11-2019, 10:24 AM
The Lakers didn't overpay for a guy who is Lebron's Lackey who won't get a single offer elsewhere. I don't get how that shows disfunction?

Scoots
05-11-2019, 11:49 AM
The Lakers didn't overpay for a guy who is Lebron's Lackey who won't get a single offer elsewhere. I don't get how that shows disfunction?

It's just another example of the Lakers seeming to have no plan or no people who can execute the plan:

- The way the roster was built last off-season
- The players lost/sent away
- Throwing former players under the bus
- Throwing a stupid deal at KCP to make LeBron('s agent) happy
- Publicly putting Walton on the hot seat in the first week of the season. Not the best way to get the team to come together.
- Supposedly the training staff has been terrible for years and it wasn't replaced
- Alienate the entire roster with mid-season trade talks.
- The team as a whole failed to manage the players and the culture, in fairness that's incredibly hard when LeBron is on a team.
- Magic leaving
- Magic telling the press first
- Walton fired with no plan
- Lue was a weak move in the first place
- Trying to hire a head coach and trying to dictate their staff

This all leading into an offseason where the plan is to try to get top free agents to join the team. It's not going well.

JAZZNC
05-11-2019, 11:49 AM

I think there is a ton more truth to this than people want to admit.

Heediot
05-11-2019, 12:01 PM

That's good for them, like I said earlier in the thread. 3 year deal, if he bites good. He should be tied to LeBron and James contract ends in 3 years. If he is still there and they have shown success, you extend Lue.

GREATNESS ONE
05-11-2019, 01:07 PM

:up:

R. Johnson#3
05-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Ty Lue: Hey Lebron
Lebron: Hey coach, whatís good?
Ty Lue: You hooked JR and TT with stupid contracts and youíre gonna do me like this? Whereís my pay day!?

Scoots
05-11-2019, 02:13 PM
I think it's fine that they didn't offer Lue more than 3 years, but trying to put people on his staff seems a step too far to me. The Lakers also need to learn how to not "try" to do things in the press first because every time they "fail" is just one more blemish.

michael811
05-11-2019, 06:40 PM
There has been problems. The ones I had were hiring Magic and signing Lebron which seems to be the cause of most of your list. Not overpaying for Lue and not giving Lebron what he wants is a step in the right direction.

Lakers + Giants
05-11-2019, 07:55 PM
I think there is a ton more truth to this than people want to admit.

props to you man, honestly.

Lakers + Giants
05-11-2019, 07:56 PM
There has been problems. The ones I had were hiring Magic and signing Lebron which seems to be the cause of most of your list. Not overpaying for Lue and not giving Lebron what he wants is a step in the right direction.

This. Holy ****.

LaVar Ball
05-12-2019, 12:38 AM
Close this thread!

Scoots
05-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Close this thread!

Just stop posting in it! :)

buckalis
05-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Just stop posting in it! :)

Why don't you lock it? You've locked very interesting conversations on basketball tactics that would interest all fans of teams that are contenders after you have jumped in with a spirit to derail the subject...

I wonder why don't they kick you out of PSD after all your trolling and baiting (and Rivera's too) has caused all credible posters with some basketball IQ to abandon the PSD ship...