PDA

View Full Version : DíAngelo Russell detained for possession of weed

warfelg
05-03-2019, 10:51 AM

Seriously. This is the highest order of stupid:
1) you canít take liquids through security so why an Arizona Tea can?
2) transporting it himself? Really?
3) put it in a baggie in something that will hide it some.
4) buy some when you get there
5) have someone else transport it

Stupid is as stupid does.

Lil Rhody
05-03-2019, 10:55 AM
I hate vapors but this is the only time I find it acceptable! I flew to Bermuda with two cartridges no problem. Guy has so much money no brains

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
05-03-2019, 12:10 PM

Seriously. This is the highest order of stupid:
1) you canít take liquids through security so why an Arizona Tea can?
2) transporting it himself? Really?
3) put it in a baggie in something that will hide it some.
4) buy some when you get there
5) have someone else transport it

Stupid is as stupid does.

The article says it was in a checked bag, which you can take something like an Arizona can. The can had a concealed compartment to hide stuff. I know at least half a dozen people who accidentally took weed on a plane because they forgot it was in the bag, and didn't get caught. It probably only showed up on a random x-ray scan because of the can.

I can maybe understand flying to a city where you don't know anyone, but he was flying home where presumably he knows lots of people who can get him weed.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 12:33 PM
I hate vapors but this is the only time I find it acceptable! I flew to Bermuda with two cartridges no problem. Guy has so much money no brains

seriously, how dumb can you be? what a bonehead

Switch
05-03-2019, 12:55 PM
seriously, how dumb can you be? what a boneheadIf this was Lonzo Ball you would be signing a completely different tune

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 12:58 PM
If this was Lonzo Ball you would be signing a completely different tune

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

but it's not and he has nothing to do with this soo....

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Weed should be legal everywhere but still what an idiot ..

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 01:28 PM
Poor guy just wanted to take home some of that good good for his boys

Scoots
05-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Hiding it was the only real problem.

Pistol_Pete
05-03-2019, 03:38 PM
I don't really see why this is blowing up. Marijuana is legal in a handful of states and NY is in the midst of attempting to make it fully legal, while it's currently essentially decriminalized. There's no reason this story should be as big as it is.

Scoots
05-03-2019, 04:02 PM
I don't really see why this is blowing up. Marijuana is legal in a handful of states and NY is in the midst of attempting to make it fully legal, while it's currently essentially decriminalized. There's no reason this story should be as big as it is.

It's because he broke the law and got caught.

GREATNESS ONE
05-03-2019, 04:03 PM
Is weed even legal in Kentucky?

IndyRealist
05-03-2019, 04:13 PM

It doesn't matter if it is decriminalized in NY, he brought it into an airport, making it a federal crime.

SteBO
05-03-2019, 04:13 PM
****ing idiot

KG2TB
05-03-2019, 04:20 PM

Itís a story because heís a famous basketball player and it was a dumb thing to do. People are obsessed with famous people and like to talk **** when others make a mistake.

ewing
05-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Iím pretty sure he can afford the fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giannis94
05-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Iím pretty he can afford the fine

He's lucky it's not the NFL with kaiser goodell runnings things.

ewing
05-03-2019, 08:03 PM
It doesn't matter if it is decriminalized in NY, he brought it into an airport, making it a federal crime.

Still not a big deal

IndyRealist
05-03-2019, 09:46 PM
Still not a big deal

I was simply pointing out that the status of weed in NY is irrelevant, since airports are federal jurisdiction.

ewing
05-03-2019, 10:50 PM
I was simply pointing out that the status of weed in NY is irrelevant, since airports are federal jurisdiction.

I think his point was that he didnít do anything considered morally awful and something that for someone of his means is the legal equivalent of a jay walking ticket

goingfor28
05-03-2019, 11:28 PM
What a moron

rhino17
05-03-2019, 11:55 PM
Who cares? He didn't do anything wrong

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lax-los-angeles-airport-marijuana/index.html

ManningToTyree
05-04-2019, 02:51 AM
There are people saying itís not a big deal and people saying heís an idiot. Both parties are correct. Nobody cares about weed but he shouldíve been smarter about it.

IndyRealist
05-04-2019, 06:43 AM

Did you read the article you posted?

Planes themselves are also subject to federal law, which means you could still face fines or detention for carrying pot, even if Los Angeles police decline to prosecute

warfelg
05-04-2019, 07:45 AM

Well he did since it's technically still illegal. And it's not about what he actually did, it's about the stupidity of what he did and the risk he took. The guy is about to be a FA, and some team is going to pay him and trust him that he'll make good decisions. Doing something this stupid this close to FA will make some teams doubt if they can trust him.

rhino17
05-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Well he did since it's technically still illegal. And it's not about what he actually did, it's about the stupidity of what he did and the risk he took. The guy is about to be a FA, and some team is going to pay him and trust him that he'll make good decisions. Doing something this stupid this close to FA will make some teams doubt if they can trust him.

Wrong and illegal are not the same thing. I donít think weed, something pretty much everyone does, is gonna change any teamís mind about him

warfelg
05-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Wrong and illegal are not the same thing. I donít think weed, something pretty much everyone does, is gonna change any teamís mind about him

Itís not the weed. Itís the stupidity of getting caught.

Itís like the guys at the NFL combine that get caught. They call it the stupidity test because all you need to know is quit 4 weeks before the combine and you pass.

goingfor28
05-04-2019, 05:13 PM

Itís like the guys at the NFL combine that get caught. They call it the stupidity test because all you need to know is quit 4 weeks before the combine and you pass.Bingo. Not rocket science.

ewing
05-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Bingo. Not rocket science.

No one cares other then fans that want to act superior. He will pay his fine, get a monster contract, and never think about this again

KG2TB
05-04-2019, 08:08 PM

Itís like the guys at the NFL combine that get caught. They call it the stupidity test because all you need to know is quit 4 weeks before the combine and you pass.

Precisely. And really, with as lean as these guys are and as much as they workout, most of them could pass a drug test in 1-2 weeks easily. Itís a dumb law, a dumb thing to monitor someone for in their personal time, but itís just as dumb getting caught too.

Bringing weed into an airport is even dumber, IMO. Either way, D-Lo will be fine and all will be rightfully forgotten. Just as long as it doesnít happen again.

j-bay
05-04-2019, 10:38 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cil7tOPh4qM

rhino17
05-04-2019, 11:50 PM
No one cares other then fans that want to act superior. He will pay his fine, get a monster contract, and never think about this again

this