PDA

View Full Version : If the Warriors lose...

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Iím not trolling Warriors fans, hear me out.

If the Warriors some how lose in the finals (I know itís a slim to none chance) but if they did wouldnít that make Durant have to stay ??? After losing to the Warriors he left OKC and joined them, if the Warriors lose he canít possibly abandon ship again right ?

buckalis
05-02-2019, 02:12 PM

If the Warriors some how lose in the finals (I know itís a slim to none chance) but if they did wouldnít that make Durant have to stay ??? After losing to the Warriors he left OKC and joined them, if the Warriors lose he canít possibly abandon ship again right ?

Despite your all logic being fault in developing a conclusion opposite to the correct one for the argument set, where this subject completely collapses, is that the whole question is wrong!

You see... by setting the argument in the false fundamental "Wouldn't KD want to stay?"... It completely ignores the real situation, which rather is that "the Warriors cannot and therefore don't want to keep KD"... Not at more than 150M (that is 150.000.000) dollars annual cost anyway...

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Despite your all logic being fault in developing a conclusion opposite to the correct one for the argument set, where this subject completely collapses, is that the whole question is wrong!

You see... by setting the argument in the false fundamental "Wouldn't KD want to stay?"... It completely ignores the real situation, which rather is that "the Warriors cannot and therefore don't want to keep KD"... Not at more than 150M (that is 150.000.000) dollars annual cost anyway...

Iím just curious, is English your second language ? Iím not trying to be coy, I just find it fascinating that your grammar is so off yet your vocabulary is so vast. If English is your second language then kudos to you.

Youíre right, I guess the question should read ď if Durant should want to stay if the Warriors loseĒ

In any case Iím speaking in terms of Durants legacy. With out getting in to the technicalities of the Warriors salary situation. He took a pay cut to be there in the first place. If he wanted to stay Iím confident both sides could work something out.

buckalis
05-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Iím just curious, is English your second language ? Iím not trying to be coy, I just find it fascinating that your grammar is so off yet your vocabulary is so vast. If English is your second language then kudos to you.

Youíre right, I guess the question should read ď if Durant should want to stay if the Warriors loseĒ

In any case Iím speaking in terms of Durants legacy. With out getting in to the technicalities of the Warriors salary situation. He took a pay cut to be there in the first place. If he wanted to stay Iím confident both sides could work something out.

No matter what they "two sides can work out"... There is no way that the annual cost of Durant for the Warriors can be much less than 150M... If Durant would resign for his previous salary (36M), the annual cost for the Warriors would be some... 110M!!!

Scoots
05-02-2019, 03:02 PM
The assumption that the Warriors wouldn't be able to pay KD is false.

If he leaves he leaves, but it won't be over money.

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 03:16 PM
No matter what they "two sides can work out"... There is no way that the annual cost of Durant for the Warriors can be much less than 150M... If Durant would resign for his previous salary (36M), the annual cost for the Warriors would be some... 110M!!!

Youíre derailing the topic. Again this isnít about the Warriors salary situation. But if you would like to continue to beat that dead horse despite of what every one tells you then by all means.

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 03:17 PM
The assumption that the Warriors wouldn't be able to pay KD is false.

If he leaves he leaves, but it won't be over money.

Heíll just continue to repeat himself like a broken record anyways. But Iím curious to know your opinion as a Warriors fan

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 03:18 PM

And if the warriors chose to pay that luxury tax and make it work then why does it concern you ? Itís not your daddyís money lol

tredigs
05-02-2019, 03:34 PM

What makes you think he couldn't? Using an example of him doing just that doesn't help your point, it provides a point of reference/precedent.

I don't think the Warriors winning or losing will have any bearing on his decision, which I think is made, and he is a Knick.

buckalis
05-02-2019, 03:41 PM
And if the warriors chose to pay that luxury tax and make it work then why does it concern you ? Itís not your daddyís money lol

As far as I know, NBA is business and good business is the one that makes money... Of course it wouldn't be my money (my dad has passed long ago...) they would loose, but I guess you already know that... It therefore makes a bad joke!

Here is a question for you, that makes a far better joke:

"How easy it is for some PSD posters to sign contracts into their teams that their daddy doesn't pay for"?

Wouldn't the answer be a far better joke?

nastynice
05-02-2019, 04:41 PM
I think warriors losing makes it easier to abandon ship. If they win it'll be tough to not go for possible 4peat

Chronz
05-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Ill read thru the thread later but the simple answer is this, that ***** and his ***** fan base, WILL find a way to justify his cowardice.

smith&wesson
05-02-2019, 06:54 PM
As far as I know, NBA is business and good business is the one that makes money... Of course it wouldn't be my money (my dad has passed long ago...) they would loose, but I guess you already know that... It therefore makes a bad joke!

"How easy it is for some PSD posters to sign contracts into their teams that their daddy doesn't pay for"?

Lol do you know how much the warriors are worth?

buckalis
05-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Lol What this has to do anything, are you a "happy fellow"?

do you know how much the warriors are worth?

What that has to do with anything? I know what their salaries are, but what they worth is a different subject altogether that needs to be proven when they'll be available in the market...

I also know that Giannis has been voted "the most wanted player" in the GMs secret voting... Therefore I guess Giannis "worths" more than any other player in the NBA...

My guess would be that KD will get a contract near 50M this off season and Thompson smth around 35M...

I don't see were your argument is though... Are you just trying to "preserve" a bad threat that you created so that some people see it and therefore (you think that they may) credit you with some value which may upgrade your (obvious) basketball ignorance?

Saddletramp
05-02-2019, 07:32 PM
What is wrong with you?

Scoots
05-03-2019, 12:24 AM
Heíll just continue to repeat himself like a broken record anyways. But Iím curious to know your opinion as a Warriors fan

I don't know that not winning a title would make him more likely to stay. I think that if the Warriors offer him the best overall package he'll likely stay. If someone else offers him more than the Warriors can he'll leave. That something extra could be living on the east coast ... but nobody knows until we know.

I think most of the debate, and what's been frustrating KD, has been driven by the media, and all the speculation really means nothing. We've just got to wait.

Scoots
05-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Ill read thru the thread later but the simple answer is this, that ***** and his ***** fan base, WILL find a way to justify his cowardice.

Just curious ... what do you think about KD joining the Clippers next year?

And by the way and apropos of nothing, as I post this you have 44,444 posts.

Vee-Rex
05-03-2019, 01:57 AM
Buckalis droppin the knowledge in this thread. These cats don't know how to handle it as usual

Hawkeye15
05-03-2019, 09:38 AM
He got his 2 rings, and they probably didn't give him as much joy as he thought they would. I would imagine he wants to continue his legacy elsewhere, some place where his beta personality won't be brought up daily.

TheDish87
05-03-2019, 09:41 AM

this is an interesting question. all these articles keep talking how much he hates being the villian and just wants to be liked (he is still a ***** and horrible heel). if he went to the Knicks i dont think the backlash would be too bad bcuz of that market size and how sorry that franchise is.

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 10:23 AM
What this has to do anything, are you a "happy fellow"?

What that has to do with anything? I know what their salaries are, but what they worth is a different subject altogether that needs to be proven when they'll be available in the market...

I also know that Giannis has been voted "the most wanted player" in the GMs secret voting... Therefore I guess Giannis "worths" more than any other player in the NBA...

My guess would be that KD will get a contract near 50M this off season and Thompson smth around 35M...

I don't see were your argument is though... Are you just trying to "preserve" a bad threat that you created so that some people see it and therefore (you think that they may) credit you with some value which may upgrade your (obvious) basketball ignorance?

Yes I am a happy fellow. My basketball ignorance? Why are you making this personal?

You need to grow up, I made a bad thread ? Do you think anyone cares about that on PSD, are you trying to shame me for making a discussion thread about Durant ?

I have no argument, it was a question. The question is would Durant leave after losing again ? Because I think he would be entitled to stay and redeem himself if the Warriors lost. Thatís all my question was. Itís meant for discussion there isnít really any facts to argue over.

In any case it was a pleasure talking to you. Cheers

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 10:24 AM
Buckalis droppin the knowledge in this thread. These cats don't know how to handle it as usual

No heís derailing the topic and making it about salary and some how Giannis. And youre encouraging his arrogance. Even though heís gone around calling everyone ignorant. Youíre better then that.

Basketball knowledge? Youíre talking about a guy who thinks his bucks can simply purchase a lottery pick from another team. Yeah thatís absolutely incredible NBA knowledge.

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 10:27 AM
What makes you think he couldn't? Using an example of him doing just that doesn't help your point, it provides a point of reference/precedent.

I don't think the Warriors winning or losing will have any bearing on his decision, which I think is made, and he is a Knick.

Well my question is if he does it again does it make it official ? He just bails whenever his team loses ? Or does it put pressure on him to stay for redemption?

Heediot
05-03-2019, 10:42 AM
if he leaves and the warriors get a s&T and can fulfill players with his salary slot, I think they can still be title contenders if they have a balanced and deep team like before he arrived.

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 10:49 AM
I don't know that not winning a title would make him more likely to stay. I think that if the Warriors offer him the best overall package he'll likely stay. If someone else offers him more than the Warriors can he'll leave. That something extra could be living on the east coast ... but nobody knows until we know.

I think most of the debate, and what's been frustrating KD, has been driven by the media, and all the speculation really means nothing. We've just got to wait.

Fair enough so you think heís decision will be based on the best offer and situation to win would likely be secondary to that since heís already won a couple ?

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 10:55 AM
He got his 2 rings, and they probably didn't give him as much joy as he thought they would. I would imagine he wants to continue his legacy elsewhere, some place where his beta personality won't be brought up daily.

I think if he joins the Knicks the media will be on him that much more... I mean itís New York.

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 11:00 AM

the warriors franchise is worth 3.5 billion .... should i call you ignorant for not knowing that ? Like you do to everyone else ?

TrueFan420
05-03-2019, 11:09 AM
Donít encourage him

TrueFan420
05-03-2019, 11:12 AM
He got his 2 rings, and they probably didn't give him as much joy as he thought they would.

Maybe but if they win and take 3 in a row he could look to snag a 4th and do something that hasnít been done in the modern era. People could say what they want but theyíd have done something truly remarkable. I wouldnít be shocked if he looks to do a 1+1 again.

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Maybe but if they win and take 3 in a row he could look to snag a 4th and do something that hasnít been done in the modern era. People could say what they want but theyíd have done something truly remarkable. I wouldnít be shocked if he looks to do a 1+1 again.

I never looked at it that way... if they win it presents a different opportunity. To win 4 in a row would be insane yet very possible for the warriors like you say.

That could be whatís best for his legacy ultimately and trumps winning a title for the Knicks imo.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2019, 11:36 AM
I think if he joins the Knicks the media will be on him that much more... I mean itís New York.

sure, but in a totally different way. They will gargle his balls for the first couple of years

Hawkeye15
05-03-2019, 11:37 AM

possibly. I honestly don't think KD got as much enjoyment out of these chips as you would think. He clearly wasn't expecting this backlash, shockingly (after he mocked LeBron's far less weak move). I think he knows most don't consider his chips anything but hollow as ****.

Hell, maybe he let's Klay/Green sort it out. If one of them were to leave, it becomes at least slightly more respectable to win again..

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 12:42 PM
sure, but in a totally different way. They will gargle his balls for the first couple of years

I donít know man I think they would expect instant success and we all know what happeneds to great players that donít meet expectations in New York. Itís like where careers go to die. I remember Randolph being made out to look like a joke until he went to Memphis and showed heís still a good player. Melo and Marbury arenít great examples because well they just werenít very good but they were scortched by the media and fans every time they coughed or farted...

Basically the Knicks would expect Durant to bring them a ship and if he doesnít do that in the first year or two he will get a ton of scrutiny and we all know he canít handle that at all. Iíd expect it to be a disaster.

Hawkeye15
05-03-2019, 01:41 PM
I donít know man I think they would expect instant success and we all know what happeneds to great players that donít meet expectations in New York. Itís like where careers go to die. I remember Randolph being made out to look like a joke until he went to Memphis and showed heís still a good player. Melo and Marbury arenít great examples because well they just werenít very good but they were scortched by the media and fans every time they coughed or farted...

Basically the Knicks would expect Durant to bring them a ship and if he doesnít do that in the first year or two he will get a ton of scrutiny and we all know he canít handle that at all. Iíd expect it to be a disaster.

well then, was it you who said nothing would make you happier than to see him sign with NYK, and watch his career slowly die in pain?

If it was, ditto haha

smith&wesson
05-03-2019, 01:49 PM
well then, was it you who said nothing would make you happier than to see him sign with NYK, and watch his career slowly die in pain?

If it was, ditto haha

Yeah lol but Iím not trying to bait warriors fans here. I genuinely wanted to see what people think of he bailed again after losing... to bad weíll likely never find out because they wonít lose. But if he did go to New York then I think heís deserving of the scrutiny that comes with it. Itíll be a reality check.