PDA

View Full Version : Which teams does PSD want in the sem-finals & finals to generate user activity?

Giannis94
04-29-2019, 10:05 AM
Given how awful the site is currently- this is a very valid queston.

I'm going to say that PSD needs the Bucks & Philly in the ECF. And Warriors & doesn't matter in the West. I'm not sure I've seen more than a handful of OKC/Nuggets fans.

I feel like a Boston vs. Raptors series would be awful for the site. Same with Rockets vs. whoever. We think the site is dead right meow? Imagine if Philly or MKE isn't in it.

The only upside to the Bucks & Philly missing is that they are both likely to be favorites for KD, Jimmy, et al.

COOLbeans
04-29-2019, 10:55 AM

I'm going to say that PSD needs the Bucks & Philly in the ECF. And Warriors & doesn't matter in the West. I'm not sure I've seen more than a handful of OKC/Nuggets fans.

I feel like a Boston vs. Raptors series would be awful for the site. Same with Rockets vs. whoever. We think the site is dead right meow? Imagine if Philly or MKE isn't in it.

The only upside to the Bucks & Philly missing is that they are both likely to be favorites for KD, Jimmy, et al.

What does OKC have to do with your question?

Giannis94
04-29-2019, 10:57 AM
What does OKC have to do with your question?

I totally forgot that Portland beat them. Point still stands. I don't see any portland fans on this site.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 11:06 AM
Knicks/Lakers

beasted86
04-29-2019, 11:19 AM
For user activity 76ers v. Raptors is better than 76ers V. Bucks. But that's still nothing in comparison to how Knicks v. Bulls would do in an ECF.

Out west Lakers v. Warriors would have generated good ratings if Lakers had a chance at all.

Driven
04-29-2019, 11:21 AM
It would probably be pretty much the same as whatever the NBA wants. Big markets. If there is already a core group on fans on here that helps. Philly, Boston, Golden State, Houston, and Toronto. Those would be the five best options, in no order.

Bucks, Trailblazers and Denver wouldn't help activity on PSD, or for the NBA. They are smaller markets with not much in the way of a fan base on here. Even though the Bucks have Giannis, I've got to believe that of all the teams in the East, they are the least desirable to make it to the finals as far as NBA marketing goes. It's just not a big market.

If we take the current playoff teams out of the equation, then the answer would be the Lakers, Bulls, Knicks, Warriors, Philly and Boston. Teams like Toronto, Houston and Dallas are big enough of markets to be in the second tier. The Warriors are still in that first tier because of their building fan base in a city that likely hits key demographics, star power, and because dynasties sell.

Also, it doesn't matter how "awful" this site is right now. This is a legit question no matter how popular this site is. It would also be nice if you stopped calling this site awful all of the time for no apparent reason.

kdspurman
04-29-2019, 12:45 PM

Does this mean your sig is a lie and you aren't making PSD great again 1 post at a time?

Chronz
04-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Can the Lakers still make it? I heard the Clippers gave up their 2nd best player

valade16
04-29-2019, 04:23 PM
I totally forgot that Portland beat them. Point still stands. I don't see any portland fans on this site.

Diehard fan of the NBA right here.

GREATNESS ONE
04-29-2019, 04:27 PM

roflmaaaooo!!!!

I love how he says a handful of fans for certain teams but there's not more than what 3/4 Bucks fans on here? lol

Giannis94
04-29-2019, 05:44 PM
I've never claimed to be an NBA fan. In fact, I've claimed to be exactly what's depicted in that quote. I explained it in the past like 2-4 years ago. I despise the nba as a whole. Until Giannis and the very reverned Scott walker got us a new arena. I'm not a NBA fan. I'm a bucks fan. I went to games when they were ******. Had access to season tickets during the glory years of Desmond Mason and Michael redd.

I am not an NBA fan. But a bucks fan.

GREATNESS ONE
04-29-2019, 06:05 PM
:laugh:

Cal827
04-29-2019, 06:11 PM
For PSD, I think a Raptors/Celtics and a Blazers/Warriors would probably generate the most user activity. And A Celtics/Warriors final would generate the absolute most activity in the finals.

Warriors have the largest (at least what we see on the General NBA forum) fanbase currently. I feel a ton of others would rally behind Liliard and the underdog Blazers since there's not much to hate on them, and home grown talent.

Raptors have a bunch of fans who frequent the site (still a pretty consistent base, even from the crap years), as do the Celtics. Also, the casual fan would be interested cause it would have two big star guys who potentially might leave in the off-season, so there will be multiple story lines on Kawhi/Kyrie during the series.

Philly seems pat with their core (Simmons/Embiid), and While Butler/Harris are star players too, they aren't at the level as Kyrie/Kawhi, so their free agency might not concern as much. I expect the 6ers to keep at least one of them and be a contender for years to come. Ditto with the Bucks. Giannis is gonna be there for a long time, and Middleton will likely resign, but isn't in the tier of the other two guys.

If Toronto/Boston lose their guy, they might need a couple seasons to rebuild/retool to get back up there.

The 6ers have a strong base here too though, so if they beat Toronto, it wouldn't be as bad either. For the Bucks, I don't know many people who are fans of them on this site other than you, Buckalis and MG.

For me, the Raptors-6ers series is win-win. Toronto knocks Philly out, or we get to hear MTM rally cries... well that'll probably happen regardless of who wins the series, but anyways :laugh2:

Driven
04-29-2019, 06:31 PM
I've never claimed to be an NBA fan. In fact, I've claimed to be exactly what's depicted in that quote. I explained it in the past like 2-4 years ago. I despise the nba as a whole. Until Giannis and the very reverned Scott walker got us a new arena. I'm not a NBA fan. I'm a bucks fan. I went to games when they were ******. Had access to season tickets during the glory years of Desmond Mason and Michael redd.

Okay? I would say that that summarizes most sports fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valade16
04-29-2019, 06:33 PM

Mostly just ribbing you over not knowing the Blazers had eliminated the Thunder despite Lillard's shot to do so being the most talked about shot in the NBA since Kyrie's G7 Finals shot over Curry.

Giannis94
04-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Mostly just ribbing you over not knowing the Blazers had eliminated the Thunder despite Lillard's shot to do so being the most talked about shot in the NBA since Kyrie's G7 Finals shot over Curry.

Right. And that's largely because I work 80+ a week and live in one of the worst cities in America through mid-May (dm for info if you want to verify) as I work in a seasonal industry and don't want too pay $100 a month for internet and cable on a 12 month contract for a low speed due to lack of service providers

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2019, 08:02 PM
I think what would be best for PSD and the league is if the two best teams from the Eastern conference met in the ECF. That being the Raptors and Celtics.

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2019, 08:04 PM

R. Johnson#3
04-29-2019, 08:06 PM

goingfor28
04-29-2019, 08:55 PM
East I want Bucks vs 6ers. The Celtics are boring, and I want Kawhi to leave Toronto, so I hope they both lose.

West I want anyone but GS. I'd be fine with Rockets vs Nuggets or Blazers, doesn't matter. I just hate GS, I want KD to leave and I want a new team in the finals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

valade16
04-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Right. And that's largely because I work 80+ a week and live in one of the worst cities in America through mid-May (dm for info if you want to verify) as I work in a seasonal industry and don't want too pay $100 a month for internet and cable on a 12 month contract for a low speed due to lack of service providers

My apologies, I wasn't trying to be personal. I meant it as good natured.

What city do you live in?

Also, for streaming, my buddy showed me this streaming site that is usually posted on Reddit where I can watch all the games for free (since I cut the cable chord, I was in the same boat of not being able to see games until my buddy gave me the link).

GREATNESS ONE
04-29-2019, 10:54 PM
For PSD, I think a Raptors/Celtics and a Blazers/Warriors would probably generate the most user activity. And A Celtics/Warriors final would generate the absolute most activity in the finals.

Warriors have the largest (at least what we see on the General NBA forum) fanbase currently. I feel a ton of others would rally behind Liliard and the underdog Blazers since there's not much to hate on them, and home grown talent.

Raptors have a bunch of fans who frequent the site (still a pretty consistent base, even from the crap years), as do the Celtics. Also, the casual fan would be interested cause it would have two big star guys who potentially might leave in the off-season, so there will be multiple story lines on Kawhi/Kyrie during the series.

Philly seems pat with their core (Simmons/Embiid), and While Butler/Harris are star players too, they aren't at the level as Kyrie/Kawhi, so their free agency might not concern as much. I expect the 6ers to keep at least one of them and be a contender for years to come. Ditto with the Bucks. Giannis is gonna be there for a long time, and Middleton will likely resign, but isn't in the tier of the other two guys.

If Toronto/Boston lose their guy, they might need a couple seasons to rebuild/retool to get back up there.

The 6ers have a strong base here too though, so if they beat Toronto, it wouldn't be as bad either. For the Bucks, I don't know many people who are fans of them on this site other than you, Buckalis and MG.

For me, the Raptors-6ers series is win-win. Toronto knocks Philly out, or we get to hear MTM rally cries... well that'll probably happen regardless of who wins the series, but anyways :laugh2:

Lol stop bro good post but laughed when you said Warriors had “the largest”

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/forumdisplay.php?51-Golden-State-Warriors

:cricket:

LA_Raiders
04-29-2019, 11:17 PM
76ers vs Celtics & Warriors vs Portland
Final: Warriors ve 76ers

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 11:43 PM
76ers vs Celtics & Warriors vs Portland
Final: Warriors ve 76ers

:nod:

i want us to beat the raptors and face the bucks so we can flat out body giannis but playing the celtics would be amazing as well... i will talk **** either way...

the endgame is the warriors........ my body needs this... my final form of being legit *** cancer is if we make the finals against the warriors.... there would be so many tears.... the only warrior fan who isnt annoying is scoots... tre/rush/nasty and that other raiders person would feel my wrath for years to come : ). i need this.

I legit fear the raptors more then i fear any other team

Redrum187
04-30-2019, 03:12 PM

Also, for streaming, my buddy showed me this streaming site that is usually posted on Reddit where I can watch all the games for free (since I cut the cable chord, I was in the same boat of not being able to see games until my buddy gave me the link).

WHoa, hook me up with link please? :D <3

Giannis94
04-30-2019, 09:50 PM

No worries. It's all good.

I currently live in one of the Top 5 highest violent crime rate cities in America. Had to move to the suburbs after I moved into the ghetto on accident and I couldn't operate after hearing and worrying about gunshots. Luckily I move again in May.

aman_13
04-30-2019, 09:58 PM
For user activity 76ers v. Raptors is better than 76ers V. Bucks. But that's still nothing in comparison to how Knicks v. Bulls would do in an ECF.

Out west Lakers v. Warriors would have generated good ratings if Lakers had a chance at all.Are Bulls fans still active? I know Knicks fans are still around. I'm rooting for the Knicks, the NBA is better when they are good. Just don't take Kawhi from us.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

aman_13
04-30-2019, 09:59 PM
East I want Bucks vs 6ers. The Celtics are boring, and I want Kawhi to leave Toronto, so I hope they both lose.

West I want anyone but GS. I'd be fine with Rockets vs Nuggets or Blazers, doesn't matter. I just hate GS, I want KD to leave and I want a new team in the finals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkBooo

Giannis94
04-30-2019, 10:04 PM
Are Bulls fans still active? I know Knicks fans are still around. I'm rooting for the Knicks, the NBA is better when they are good. Just don't take Kawhi from us.

Bulls fansused to be really good. I saw that viewership in their market fell off a cliff this year so that could explain it

buckalis
04-30-2019, 11:21 PM
:nod:

i want us to beat the raptors and face the bucks so we can flat out body giannis but playing the celtics would be amazing as well... i will talk **** either way...

the endgame is the warriors........ my body needs this... my final form of being legit *** cancer is if we make the finals against the warriors.... there would be so many tears.... the only warrior fan who isnt annoying is scoots... tre/rush/nasty and that other raiders person would feel my wrath for years to come : ). i need this.

I legit fear the raptors more then i fear any other team

Good luck... The Bucks would love that since it would mean a sweap, but unfortunately for you they'll play the Raptors and will loose 1 game against them...