PDA

View Full Version : WCSF Series Thread Warriors (1) vs Rockets (4) Warriors win series 4-2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Driven
04-28-2019, 03:38 PM
Didnít see a thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driven
04-28-2019, 03:41 PM
Igoudala starting today

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 03:44 PM
How was that not an offensive foul on Harden.

COOLbeans
04-28-2019, 03:45 PM
Tyson Vs Holyfield

Rockets have just as talented of a team as the Warriors. This is as equal of a series that the Warriors have faced in years. There arenít any excuses for losing this series from both teams.

Whichever team loses will be humbled and exposed

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 03:51 PM
How was there not a thread for this? C'mon mods. You guys are slipping.

Chronz
04-28-2019, 03:54 PM
Really hoping they would start Iggy just to see the chess match but man it depletes their depth

tp13baby
04-28-2019, 03:59 PM
Best 2 teams in the nba meeting up in round 2. This is going to be fun.

Heediot
04-28-2019, 04:04 PM
GS shutting down Harden drives, now he's chucking contested 3's. A fair amount of all his fga didn't hit any metal.

Bostonjorge
04-28-2019, 04:05 PM
Tucker is picking up where Beverly left off.

Heediot
04-28-2019, 04:12 PM
rox too reliant on the three.

Driven
04-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Hardens struggling, mostly due to the warriors tough d. Gordon was too aggressive early. Paul needs to be an aggressor on offense over him. Both teams not playing well so far

tredigs
04-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Both teams look downright terrible right now. Harden's playing like it's a game 7.

Driven
04-28-2019, 04:24 PM
I really donít understand why all of the sudden shumpert and nene are getting heavy minutes

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 04:27 PM
I really donít understand why all of the sudden shumpert and nene are getting heavy minutes

Match up driven most likely

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 04:34 PM
That's the third ****ing time Klay has jumped under Harden on a 3-point attempt with no call. I get the refs want to call the playoffs a little differently, but it's getting a little absurd. That's a foul, regular season or playoffs...

tredigs
04-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Klay can't keep going under Harden like that. He's lucky they're not calling it (though the other one they may have just whistled 5 seconds late again had he missed it).

c.c.
04-28-2019, 04:35 PM
If the refs donít start calling these 3pt fouls, Harden gonna end up like Kawhi Leonard

tredigs
04-28-2019, 04:36 PM
Draymond's been the best player on the court. Him and Steph look good. Way, WAY too many sloppy turnovers from Golden State though. They'd be getting smashed by most teams right now.

Driven
04-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Houston weathered the storm. Both teams played badly, an appropriately its tied at half.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 04:41 PM
Everything about this game looks like Houston will win honestly.

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:04 PM
DíAntoni doesnít like whatever matchups they have with Capela in there tonight

kdspurman
04-28-2019, 05:08 PM
How was there not a thread for this? C'mon mods. You guys are slipping.

Was away for the weekend. Life gets in the way of PSD sometimes :shrug:

aman_13
04-28-2019, 05:18 PM
So basically once you get step on your defender, any contact that follows is deemed a foul. They are making defense really hard.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

kdspurman
04-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Paul tryna flop after not getting the other call

zn23
04-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Chris Paul just looks washed up. Embarrassing to watch.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Rockets are such idiots. CP 100% flopped into Livingston trying to draw the contact (that can be called an offensive foul), and then they give up 2 free points in a tight game belligerently arguing the right no-call (on a shot he lucked into making no less).

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Was away for the weekend. Life gets in the way of PSD sometimes :shrug:

You're the only mod capable of making game threads? Then they ought to fix that. :shrug:

tredigs
04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Great 3rd from KD. And no turnovers from him forcing the issue was a welcomed site.

Feels like Curry has spent the entire playoffs in foul trouble. Never seen any thing like it for a guard.

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
That was a terrible quarter for Paul, but he's not wrong. Should have been a 4-point play, and that's gotta be like half a dozen times they haven't called that tonight.

kdspurman
04-28-2019, 05:37 PM
You're the only mod capable of making game threads? Then they ought to fix that. :shrug:

Probably

Chronz
04-28-2019, 05:39 PM
At least the refs are being consistent but these are supposed to be fouls in today's league where the offensive player has every advantage

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Maybe the techs by Paul and díantoni worked because now the rockets are getting phantom calls. Almost in the bonus already

tredigs
04-28-2019, 05:46 PM
To give Steph Curry his 5th foul there is so ****ing absurd. Not even close to a foul, and the Rockets kept the ball regardless. ****ing ridiculous.

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:46 PM
Refs have been bad tonight for both sides

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 05:48 PM
Does anyone actually enjoy watching Harden repeatedly bull into defenders until he either "draws" a foul when the guys plays defense, or takes a step back as the guy tries to get out of the way?

This isn't basketball.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 05:49 PM
Thank god playoff Harden is one of the worst shooters in history or else we'd be down double digits right now.

As is, the techs on CP and D'Antoni are the difference.

Dubs are in trouble though. 8 minutes of Bonus for Houston, and Curry with 5 fouls.

zn23
04-28-2019, 05:50 PM
It's getting dicey for the Warriors...

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:51 PM
Nene playing like itís 1999

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Both teams racking up the fouls. Both should be trying to get to the line the rest of the game

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Why doesnít Shumpert trim his beard

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Theyíre calling everything now. Granted, the fouls by shumpert and Thompson were both legit

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 05:56 PM
God I hate that call. I know offense sells but damn you really canít play defense anymore.

mightybosstone
I hate what the refs are doing here. If you're going to call everything, this is just going to be a free throw fest down the stretch...

Driven
Rockets gotta stop running **** through gordon

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:57 PM
I hate what the refs are doing here. If you're going to call everything, this is just going to be a free throw fest down the stretch...

That would help Houston more than golden state

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 05:58 PM
That would help Houston more than golden state

Not necessarily. Durant has really benefited from some light contact today, and the man is damn near automatic from the free throw line.

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:59 PM
Not necessarily. Durant has really benefited from some light contact today, and the man is damn near automatic from the free throw line.

It would foul curry out of the game and keep the game close for Houston

Driven
04-28-2019, 05:59 PM
Gordon is a terrible decision maker

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 06:00 PM
Especially after they didnít call anything in the first half. They need to be consistent throughout the entire game.

Driven
But he can hit threes

mightybosstone
It would foul curry out of the game and keep the game close for Houston

It might. It might not. My guess is unless Curry does something truly egregious, they're not going to call a foul on him the rest of the way.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:01 PM
I might hack an igoudala right now. Durant is looking automatic

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:03 PM
I canít wait until shumpert doesnít see the floor the rest of this series

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Hell of a drive and finish by harden

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Curry was taking that three all day

zn23
04-28-2019, 06:07 PM
Big shot by Steph. He needed that one.

rhino17
Klay reminds me a lot of Bruce Bowen. A guy that can't actually play legitimate defense, so he tries to injure his opponent. Real garbage human kind of stuff.

TrueFan420
Dagger from Steph

Chronz
Nene playing like itís 1999

He'd be undersized back then tho

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:09 PM
DAGGER for the ball-game. Monster ****ing shot, and I think that was his first shot all quarter?

Such a steal to take that game after how badly Golden State played.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:09 PM
I really donít get how the rockets are having two guys not even in the rotation play 14 (nene) and 21 (shumpert) minutes. Gerald Green gets 7, Faried gets none.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Rockets had a shot

Lakers + Giants
04-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Harden, like always, looking to draw the foul instead of making the shot.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:11 PM
Hell of a game

rhino17
04-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Shouldda been 3 free throws. Terribly officiated game. How many times can you pull that dirty crap before its a foul? Does Harden have to break his ankle?

zn23
04-28-2019, 06:13 PM
I don't know if that last play was a foul.

Green certainly went forward a bit but Harden stuck his legs out as well.

AntiG
04-28-2019, 06:13 PM
Shouldda been 3 free throws. Terribly officiated game. How many times can you pull that dirty crap before its a foul? Does Harden have to break his ankle?

Harden stuck his legs forward, hence why the noncall.

Chronz
04-28-2019, 06:14 PM
Klay reminds me a lot of Bruce Bowen. A guy that can't actually play legitimate defense, so he tries to injure his opponent. Real garbage human kind of stuff.
He's usually alot cleaner but Bowen was legit much better defensively. Even guys like Battier might struggle defending today's NBA, it just looks worse because players lunge more than ever on their jumpers

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:14 PM

100 percent that's a foul. An offensive foul on Harden! You are not allowed to kick your legs out on a 3. That's a rule that goes back to Reggie Miller. If you think that's a natural landing motion from Harden, you're out of your mind.

YAALREADYKNO
04-28-2019, 06:15 PM
I usually hate how Harden gets his foul calls but that was a foul. Shouldíve been three free throws. Harden canít shoot 32% FG and 25% 3PT though if the rockets expect to win this series.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:15 PM
Harden, like always, looking to draw the foul instead of making the shot.

100% Such a clean look that he just throws away hunting for contact. 4-16 from 3. What a mess.

And the T's I mentioned earlier that CP and D'Antoni got for arguing a completely correct no-call ended up being massive.

Warriors definitely got away with one today. Huge win to still clutch it out despite playing like ****.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:16 PM

A non call is the only thing thing that play is NOT. Harden landed on the defender, that's either because the defender didn't let Harden land (defensive foul) or Harden kicked out his legs (offensive foul). It was clearly the latter, so it should have been an offensive foul, in my opinion. But the refs need to start calling something, because that play is dangerous.

Chronz

Yeah that last one was truly agregious but those first couple were bad no calls. Tho I feel they gave him at least one favorable call. They didn't call some of the ones curry fell on too

mightybosstone
Tough loss. Neither team really deserved this win, as they both played like garbage. But Houston lost Game 1 last year and still had a chance to win it, and winning both in Golden State was always going to be a challenge. On to Game 2.

I won't put blame on anyone tonight, but I really wasn't happy with the way Paul played in the second half tonight. And the two technicals were two points that could have been put back on the board to make it a closer game. Hopefully he plays better, more composed basketball the rest of the way.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:17 PM
I like the no call there, he kicked his legs out. Definitely not an offensive foul, lol. Especially considering by rule, itís probably technically a foul because the shooter has the right to the landing space

zn23
04-28-2019, 06:17 PM
Overall, that was a really sloppy game. I have a feeling all the games in this series will be like that.

Rivera
04-28-2019, 06:18 PM
That last 3 Harden took was a foul but they didnít call it all game so you canít call it there all of a sudden

GSW got lucky. They committed tons of fouls and got under the Rockets landing space. GSW barely got called.

Great game and GSW is happy to steal that one. I hope the Rockets donít get in their own heads after that L that game was for the taking.

Big time shot by Curry props

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:18 PM
Overall, that was a really sloppy game. I have a feeling all the games in this series will be like that.

Hope so. I love basketball like this in todayís day and age. Itíll keep the games close between two teams that usually work with rhythm

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:19 PM
That last 3 Harden took was a foul but they didnít call it all game so you canít call it there all of a sudden.

Agreed

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 06:19 PM
I don't mind the no call on that last play, actually, because Harden threw his legs out a bit. If he had just landed naturally, I still think Green lands underneath him, but that one wasn't nearly as bad as the three no calls Thompson had in the first half.

The league seriously needs to review this game and those plays, though, to figure out how they want to call that moving forward. Because if they're not going to call it at all, it's a HUGE advantage in favor of the Warriors moving forward. So much of Harden's game is predicated on that step back, and if guys are able to land underneath him when he takes it, it takes away so much of what makes him dangerous offensively.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Capela was garbage today, too. A -17 in 26 minutes is unacceptable, especially against a team that plays very few true centers. He should be an advantage around the rim and on the glass, but he doesn't play like against the Warriors way too often. The Rockets were outrebounded by 12, and he's a big part of the reason why.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:20 PM
...he kicked his legs out. Definitely not an offensive foul, lol.

Say what? Do you know the rules?

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:21 PM
Say what? Do you know the rules?

Yeah, itís what I said. ď Defenders may not move into the landing area of an airborne shooter.Ē

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-player-walks-under-airborne-shooter/

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:23 PM
We've been over this. You can't kick your legs out to draw contact. This is super simple. Harden is not landing naturally. The defenders aren't landing under them. He's kicking his legs out. Should be an offensive foul every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk

KB24PG16
04-28-2019, 06:24 PM
draymond didnt give him room to land should've been a foul

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:25 PM
I like the no call there, he kicked his legs out. Definitely not an offensive foul, lol. Especially considering by rule, itís probably technically a foul because the shooter has the right to the landing space

He has right to the landing space below him, not to the space 3 feet ahead of him that he launches into in a completely awkward/unnatural manner.

I'm fine with the no-call but technically that's an offensive foul. And like I mentioned earlier Klay definitely undercut him twice (1 he made). Really, really poorly reffed game overall though. I'm not one to gripe normally but that's been a theme in these playoffs.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:26 PM
Yeah, itís what I said. ď Defenders may not move into the landing area of an airborne shooter.Ē

https://videorulebook.nba.com/archive/defensive-player-walks-under-airborne-shooter/

WTF?! That's not even remotely close to what happened today. The defender in that video stepped underneath a player that was coming straight down. Definitely a defensive foul.

You think Harden was coming straight down, in a natural manner? He wasn't. He blatantly kicked his legs forward to initiate contact.

The fact that we even have to have this discussion is a symptom of everything wrong with the NBA.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:27 PM
We've been over this. You can't kick your legs out to draw contact. This is super simple. Harden is not landing naturally. The defenders aren't landing under them. He's kicking his legs out. Should be an offensive foul every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JFRnCZXWzk

"If an offensive player with the ball can draw his defender into the air towards him (for example, on a pump fake), and he creates contact with the defender during his shooting motion, it is a shooting foul. However, if the defender is vertical (jumping straight up and down) or going to completely miss the offensive player (e.g., jumping to his side), and the offensive player seeks out contact with the airborne defender, it is an offensive foul if the contact is more than marginal (that is, minimal contact will not be called)."

In this case the defender did move his way into Hardenís landing space, and the contact was minimal anyways. Itís not an offensive foul, and itís not going to be called an offensive foul no matter how much you want it to be.

You can argue that youíve been over this before, but the reason that youíve been over this is because it by rule is not a foul

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 06:28 PM

wasnt a normal shooting movement- harden threw his feet forward and draymond had stopped moving. if harden landed with his feet directly under his body- he woulda been atleast 2 feet away from draymond.

There were atleast 3 shots earlier in the game where they went underneath harden though, and they werent called. On the other hand- harden grabbed opponents hands when he was driving and he got those. also the foul they called on curry on his 5th was BS and it took curry out of the game. it all comes out in the wash really.

warriors need to be more aggressive and not settle for well contested jumpers all the time- they need to attack the rack more

rhino17
Those aren't only fouls, they are flagrant fouls. Klay should have accumulated multiple flagrants. Really disgusting performance by him today.

ChiTownPacerFan

He gave him plenty of room to land. Harden kicked his legs. This isn't complicated fellas.

What's next, a player with a roundhouse kick as part of his shooting motion.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:29 PM
WTF?! That's not even remotely close to what happened today. The defender in that video stepped underneath a player that was coming straight down. Definitely a defensive foul.

You think Harden was coming straight down, in a natural manner? He wasn't. He blatantly kicked his legs forward to initiate contact.

The fact that we even have to have this discussion is a symptom of everything wrong with the NBA.

I cited the source. I wasnít referring to the video in the source used as an example.

Then stop having the discussion and stop watching the game if you donít like the rules. I get your frustration and that everything benefits the offensive player, but that doesnít change the rules or the way that they should be interpreted.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:30 PM
Those aren't only fouls, they are flagrant fouls. Klay should have accumulated multiple flagrants. Really disgusting performance by him today.

Letís not be ridiculous

rhino17
04-28-2019, 06:31 PM
Letís not be ridiculous

The Zaza rule is deemed a flagrant foul by the books

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 06:32 PM
curry and thompson played this game like it was an exhibition game in October- absolute garbage game by both of them. Heck even e gordon outscored both of them and he aint even an all star

mightybosstone
04-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Apparently in D'Antoni's press conference, he said the refs told him they missed those blatant no calls on the Harden threes and he said "Yeah, they missed four of them." But how do you miss the same ******** that many times? Again, I'm not complaining about the last shot, which is a borderline call at best. I'm complaining about the refs missing the really bad ones, the potential dangerous ones by Thompson in particular that so easily could have led to Harden rolling an ankle and being out the rest of the postseason.

I'm sick of hearing after games that refs "missed" calls. I know they're human, but when you're missing the same **** over and over again, you've got to correct it. Hopefully they review this and make adjustments for the rest of the series, or you might as well go ahead and move the Warriors to the conference finals now.

likemystylez

Leonard was going straight up and straight down on his shot and zaza just ran underneath him way after the shot had already been released and maybe even gone in the basket.

ChiTownPacerFan
"If an offensive player with the ball can draw his defender into the air towards him (for example, on a pump fake), and he creates contact with the defender during his shooting motion, it is a shooting foul. However, if the defender is vertical (jumping straight up and down) or going to completely miss the offensive player (e.g., jumping to his side), and the offensive player seeks out contact with the airborne defender, it is an offensive foul if the contact is more than marginal (that is, minimal contact will not be called)."

In this case the defender did move his way into Hardenís landing space, and the contact was minimal anyways. Itís not an offensive foul, and itís not going to be called an offensive foul no matter how much you want it to be.

You can argue that youíve been over this before, but the reason that youíve been over this is because it by rule is not a foul

The issue isn't whether the defender moved toward Harden or not. The issue is whether Harden kicked out his legs. HE CLEARLY DID! That's an offensive foul. Full stop.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:35 PM

Yes it was. The Zaza rule doesn't involve a player kicking his legs out.

Punching someone in the face is assault, but you won't get charged if someone runs full speed into your fist.

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:36 PM
The issue isn't whether the defender moved toward Harden or not. The issue is whether Harden kicked out his legs. HE CLEARLY DID! That's an offensive foul. Full stop.

How isnít part of the issue whether or not the defender moved toward hardens landing space or not? And again, the contact by hardens legs would have deemed marginal anyways.

Allphakenny1
04-28-2019, 06:36 PM

The question is how much room do you have to give them to land. Harden jumped a few feet forward and kicked his leg out. At that point is it no foul. The other plays with Klay are the more questionable ones, but they called those consistently all games for both teams.

rhino17
04-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Yes it was. The Zaza rule doesn't involve a player kicking his legs out.

Punching someone in the face is assault, but you won't get charged if someone runs full speed into your fist.

Klay clearly undercut harden 3 times. Incredibly reckless and dirty plays.

You comparison isn't applicable. Its also not assault, its battery

Driven
04-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Itíll be interesting howís the refs call the next game

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:40 PM
How isnít part of the issue whether or not the defender moved toward hardens landing space or not? And again, the contact by hardens legs would have deemed marginal anyways.

Because you can't kick out your legs to draw contact. That's an offensive foul. Why is this hard?

It's a blocking foul if I'm the defender is within the restricted area on a block/charge play, but if the offensive player swings his elbow into the bridge of the defenders nose, they'll call an offensive foul, because you can't do that. The one supersedes the other.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2019, 06:41 PM

Your bias is showing. Harden is kicking his legs out. If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to see it.

rhino17
04-28-2019, 06:42 PM
Your bias is showing. Harden is kicking his legs out. If you don't see it, it's because you don't want to see it.

Steve Javie literally said those were all egregious fouls. The commentators. The refs told D'Antoni they missed all of them. Try again

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 06:42 PM

they are never clear with guys like harden and chris paul. Also harden got a foul call on a drive one time when he grabbed iggys arm. so iut all comes out in the wash- dirty as hell play btw by harden

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:48 PM
Steve Javie literally said those were all egregious fouls. The commentators. The refs told D'Antoni they missed all of them. Try again

No buddy, they said they missed the ones in the 1st half. Which everyone knows they did. But sometimes when you're the beard who cries wolf, the refs aren't going to buy it just because you flop to the ground. Rest assure, the Warriors got ****ed over by the refs PLENTY themselves. What cost you guys the game was Harden and everyone else outside of Eric Gordon not being able to hit the side of a barn.

kdspurman
04-28-2019, 06:48 PM
He gave him plenty of room to land. Harden kicked his legs. This isn't complicated fellas.

What's next, a player with a roundhouse kick as part of his shooting motion.

Yea. More offensive guys are trying to create the contact by kicking out or some other form that is not a natural shooting form.

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 06:53 PM
No buddy, they said they missed the ones in the 1st half. Which everyone knows they did. But sometimes when you're the beard who cries wolf, the refs aren't going to buy it just because you flop to the ground. Rest assure, the Warriors got ****ed over by the refs PLENTY themselves. What cost you guys the game was Harden and everyone else outside of Eric Gordon not being able to hit the side of a barn.

its unfortunate for the rockets too because the warriors were ridiculously careless with the ball and klay thompson and steph curry both basically phoned it in almost all night long

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Harden 36.4% from the field and 32.8% from 3 in the playoffs. yikes.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 06:59 PM
its unfortunate for the rockets too because the warriors were ridiculously careless with the ball and klay thompson and steph curry both basically phoned it in almost all night long

Curry was really good in the 1st half. 2nd half he was marred in BS foul trouble again and definitely played back when they were letting KD iso with CP/Nene, etc. Thought he was fine though. And he also hit the ultra clutch game-ender.

Klay. Well Klay was klay and went ghost again. Gotta remember both sprained their ankle less than 48 hours ago too though. I'm actually pretty surprised the Warriors won this game given that and the quick turnaround against a rested Rockets squad. I know it's your shtick to ***** about everything, but it's a big game for the Warriors and could be the W that ultimately sways the series in their favor against a Houston team that has looked like arguably the best in the league the past 2 months.

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Curry was really good in the 1st half. 2nd half he was marred in BS foul trouble again and definitely played back when they were letting KD iso with CP/Nene, etc. Thought he was fine though. And he also hit the ultra clutch game-ender.

Klay. Well Klay was klay and went ghost again. Gotta remember both sprained their ankle less than 48 hours ago too though. I'm actually pretty surprised the Warriors won this game given that and the quick turnaround against a rested Rockets squad.

id rather have ball movement and backdoor lay ups like the draymond green first basket of the game or iggy getting lobs off the high pick and roll than waste 18 seconds of the clock standing in one spot 6 feet above the 3 point line then settle for a contested jumper each and every play. the warriors did not really attack the defense, they kinda seemed content settling for garbage shots because they didnt want to use any effort creating quality shots (IE point blank dunks and lay ups).... and on the other side of the floor- gordon was running a lay up line on them

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 07:03 PM

and warriors won by 4 points.....

Heediot
04-28-2019, 07:04 PM

lol. not surprising.

still he shot like over ten attempts that were air balls (if you include the ones that only hit the backboard), but his presence on the court was still significant. the end of the 1st and 3rd when he rested warriors built up the lead to roughly 8 each time. he comes back in and they tie it up. warriors sealed it at the end of the game though. warriors defended him really well, but his presence gave his team confidence for whatever reason today.

Scoots
04-28-2019, 07:08 PM
Rockets won on 3 scoring, won at the line, and were dominated on 2s which is more the Warriors game. Odd to say that Warriors/Rockets is a clash of styles.

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 07:12 PM
interesting stat- curry had more rebounds than any rocket (despite being limited in minutes in the second half)

Scoots
04-28-2019, 07:14 PM
On the refs, there were plenty of bad calls and missed calls each way, but CP3 finishing with 1 foul is a joke with the way he fouls through every possession and beyond..

tredigs
04-28-2019, 07:16 PM
interesting stat- curry had more rebounds than any rocket (despite being limited in minutes in the second half)

He's led the Warriors in boards a couple times these playoffs also. Averaging 7 a game. ... not a stat indicative of a PG phoning it in...

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 07:17 PM
He's led the Warriors in boards a couple times these playoffs also. Averaging 7 a game. ... not a stat indicative of a PG phoning it in...

average effort on offense should get him around his average ppg

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 07:20 PM
average effort on offense should get him around his average ppg

and on atleast 2 occasions- there was more than 14 seconds on the clock and curry just settled for a 32 footer without even looking for a quality shot. that shot is acceptable when there is 1.4 seconds on the clock but atleast make the defense try and defend you...... but he didnt put forth the effort to take it to the rack or try and create a quality shot

goingfor28
04-28-2019, 07:40 PM
Once again KD with a fantastic game, bailing out Steph who had yet another subpar showing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

tredigs
04-28-2019, 07:55 PM
Once again KD with a fantastic game, bailing out Steph who had yet another subpar showing.

:laugh: Besides KD being terrible in the first half while Steph and Green were great, and Curry hitting the game winner. Group effort or lack there of tonight. Either way, another win and Houston is now on their heels.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2019, 08:14 PM
i guess curry will show up next series then? daddy carrying like daddy carries

More-Than-Most
04-28-2019, 08:14 PM
:laugh: Besides KD being terrible in the first half while Steph and Green were great, and Curry hitting the game winner. Group effort or lack there of tonight. Either way, another win and Houston is now on their heels.

lol you are honestly adorable and insane all at the same time... kd legit carried again

pulzar
04-28-2019, 08:22 PM

It just sucks that there were so many bad calls -- and while it might've all evened out in the end, it was still a really poorly officiated game, one of the worst in the playoffs so far. Calls for inconsistent, there were a lot of touch fouls, shooters were getting fouled on both sides without calls, flopping on drives and screens was rewarded... It took a lot out of the game -- for me, at least,

goingfor28
04-28-2019, 08:29 PM
[emoji23] Besides KD being terrible in the first half while Steph and Green were great, and Curry hitting the game winner. Group effort or lack there of tonight. Either way, another win and Houston is now on their heels.KD had a slow 1st Q. He finished with an efficient 35 while Steph bricked his way to 18 pts and nearly fouled out.

Heediot
04-28-2019, 08:42 PM
both teams sucked imo at least sloppy and not great offensively. kd had more volume but neither him or curry impressed me tbh. green was the best warrior imo without looking at the stats. iggy had a nice game too. it was an intangibles kind of victory, which speaks to those guys.

tredigs
04-28-2019, 08:43 PM
KD had a slow 1st Q. He finished with an efficient 35 while Steph bricked his way to 18 pts and nearly fouled out.

No, like I said, KD had a terrible 1st half. 4-13 with 3 rebounds and 1 assist and 4 live-ball turnovers. He had a great scoring 3rd quarter and led them with Curry out of the game in foul trouble. He finished 11-25 with 6 turnovers and 1 three (5 boards and 3 assists). That's not exactly efficient. But it did the job. The Rockets were terrible and that was as important as anything tonight. And if there was a best player of the game for GS it was clearly Draymond.

The BS calls on Curry are what took him out of the game and aided in slowing him (especially #5). He was still fine, and still hit the dagger game winner. Expect him to be shooting a lot more in the 2nd game. And expect that 50/50/100 line for the playoffs he's flirting with not to drop too much.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2019, 08:49 PM
No, like I said, KD had a terrible 1st half. 4-13 with 3 rebounds and 1 assist and 4 live-ball turnovers. He had a great scoring 3rd quarter and led them with Curry out of the game in foul trouble. He finished 11-25 with 6 turnovers and 1 three (5 boards and 3 assists). That's not exactly efficient. But it did the job. The Rockets were terrible and that was as important as anything tonight. And if there was a best player of the game for GS it was clearly Draymond.

The BS calls on Curry are what took him out of the game and aided in slowing him (especially #5). He was still fine, and still hit the dagger game winner. Expect him to be shooting a lot more in the 2nd game. And expect that 50/50/100 line for the playoffs he's flirting with not to drop too much.

just sit back relax and let durant keep carrying like he does every playoff... someone has to be pippen to jordan and its curry... no harm no foul... the alpha/big dog/best player in the world does what he does come the playoffs. He will go for his 3rd straight finals mvp bruh

tredigs
04-28-2019, 09:11 PM
just sit back relax and let durant keep carrying like he does every playoff... someone has to be pippen to jordan and its curry... no harm no foul... the alpha/big dog/best player in the world does what he does come the playoffs. He will go for his 3rd straight finals mvp bruh

Lol hey buddy, call it whatever let's you rest easy. The team I want to win is doing that. Your team looks like it's about to get swept with Embiid being neutralized by a past his prime Gasol. However ugly our Wins are for Curry, Klay, KD, Dray or anyone else, at least they're wins. But let's not sit here and pretend that KD just put up some great performance. We definitely won ugly.

ewing
04-28-2019, 09:15 PM

You donít think Bruce Bowen could play defense?!

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 09:16 PM
Lol hey buddy, call it whatever let's you rest easy. The team I want to win is doing that. Your team looks like it's about to get swept with Embiid being neutralized by a past his prime Gasol. However ugly our Wins are for Curry, Klay, KD, Dray or anyone else, at least they're wins. But let's not sit here and pretend that KD just put up some great performance. We definitely won ugly.

we won ugly because there was a lack of effort and focus. warriors have such a severe advantage in talent- they should be able to generate a quality shot every time.... if they want to put effort into it and not take the easy way out (IE curry chucking up a 35 footer with 15 seconds on the clock and nobody in offensive rebounding position)

Warriors also lacked focus as they had 10-12 unforced turnovers

Romeo Naes
04-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Usual poor shooting and turnovers in crucial moments for James Harden. Not to mention flopping and ref-baiting. Other than that the refs sucked on both ends. Harden doesnít get respect because he flops so damn much. He probably did deserve three free-throws @ the end of the game though and CP3 got fouled as well. Harden would probably choke @ least one of them though so itís a moot point. Thatís just my take on the game.

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 09:24 PM
Usual poor shooting and turnovers in crucial moments for James Harden. Not to mention flopping and ref-baiting. Other than that the refs sucked on both ends. Harden doesnít get respect because he flops so damn much. He probably did deserve three free-throws @ the end of the game though and CP3 got fouled as well. Harden would probably choke @ least one of them though so itís a moot point. Thatís just my take on the game.

Hes lead the league in free throw attempts 5 straight seasons. LMAO about not getting respect. they allow him to push off every time he does a step back. if curry got half the calls harden gets hed be unguardable

tredigs
04-28-2019, 09:26 PM

Tough on the refs when they're not sure if you're doing this or not.

ewing
04-28-2019, 09:42 PM
Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again- jump shooters need at least 5 feet of air space.

I didnít see this game but the refs have been calling so many ghost fouls on these plays if they missed a couple the other way Iím fine with that.

GREATNESS ONE
04-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Wow some BS calls in this game...

Hawkeye15
04-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Did I just read on espn, that Harden wants a "fair chance" from the refs? Am I taking ****ing crazy pills? A guy, who scores 500 points a year off gifts from the refs has the audacity to complain about not getting calls?

James, this is part of why you aren't the same player in the playoffs. You don't constantly get phantom calls 39 feet from the rim just because you act like Bruce Lee just kicked you, due to the name on the back of your jersey.

God I hate him. Bis defenders can suck a nut. I can't believe I have to root for Beta-rant and the dubs. But I am.

Scoots
04-28-2019, 11:11 PM
Did I just read on espn, that Harden wants a "fair chance" from the refs? Am I taking ****ing crazy pills? A guy, who scores 500 points a year off gifts from the refs has the audacity to complain about not getting calls?

James, this is part of why you aren't the same player in the playoffs. You don't constantly get phantom calls 39 feet from the rim just because you act like Bruce Lee just kicked you, due to the name on the back of your jersey.

God I hate him. Bis defenders can suck a nut. I can't believe I have to root for Beta-rant and the dubs. But I am.

It's annoying watching defenders back up with their hands straight up and an offensive player run into their chest and throw the ball up in the air and look to the ref and get a call. Using those rules the only defense that is legal is getting off the court.

More-Than-Most
04-28-2019, 11:20 PM
yup and i dont feel sorry for harden or giannis in all honesty.... you arent gonna get those trash calls you get all season... Love me some harden this year and Giannis is amazing but both of them rely on FTs or contact... Giannis will lower his head and force contact withing giving a **** about actually scoring a bucket and harden flops around like a fish out of water everytime someone is within 3 feet of him... i watched the first 2 quarters today and yes the rockets got hosed at times but its hard to really feel sorry when in that first quarter there was like 3 times where harden fell when nobody touched him... I really wish the league would fine or suspend guys that do this ****.

GREATNESS ONE
04-29-2019, 01:04 AM
I agree hard to feel sorry for the master of flinging arms!

sharqstealth
04-29-2019, 03:36 AM
From Rockets' players to Rockets' fans the complaining just goes on...

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 04:42 AM
so people on reddit put together multiple videos to show just how bad the officiating was against the rockets and there was a good bit of foul calls that actually did go against them... I still think harden throws his legs out too much but watching these cals the rockets have every right to be mad... here is 3 from just klay covering harden and none were fouls... This cant happen

https://streamable.com/8n6m9

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 04:52 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833682-report-rockets-building-data-driven-case-warriors-receive-favorable-ref-calls

i mean statistics and facts dont lie. Harden really shouldnt be complaining but the rockets have a legit beef here.

ewing
04-29-2019, 07:37 AM
so people on reddit put together multiple videos to show just how bad the officiating was against the rockets and there was a good bit of foul calls that actually did go against them... I still think harden throws his legs out too much but watching these cals the rockets have every right to be mad... here is 3 from just klay covering harden and none were fouls... This cant happen

that was like an old school Faces of Death video. Thompson should be in jail

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 08:19 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833682-report-rockets-building-data-driven-case-warriors-receive-favorable-ref-calls

i mean statistics and facts dont lie. Harden really shouldnt be complaining but the rockets have a legit beef here.

I was watching harden shoot around before the game- it turns out he is capable of shooting a jump shot and landing in the same general area he took off from with his feet underneith him and not 4 feet infront of where he took off from. If he does that, his ankles will be fine and the warriors player defending him will be atleast 2 feet from landing on him. (He also will have a better chance at getting off a good shot)..... but harden isnt even looking to get a good shot off, hes trying to trick the refs into calling a foul

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 08:20 AM

if harden comes down behind that line and doesnt throw his legs forward- he will be fine

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 08:22 AM
that was like an old school Faces of Death video. Thompson should be in jail

you have got to be kidding me!!!! stop listening to the announcers and pay attention to the line. Harden throws his feet forward and chose not to just go straight up and down. if he lands on of behind that line- klay isnt even close to him.

ewing
04-29-2019, 08:27 AM
you have got to be kidding me!!!! stop listening to the announcers and pay attention to the line. Harden throws his feet forward and chose not to just go straight up and down. if he lands on of behind that line- klay isnt even close to him.

you kidding? I don't think they should be allowed to replay video that graphic

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 08:33 AM
you kidding? I don't think they should be allowed to replay video that graphic

when harden shoots around before the game his legs dont land that far infront of him

you are telling the defender where he can land- the offensive player should not be able to jump forward in the direction of the defender

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 08:38 AM
I wish we had a video of currys final shot on nene- because he didnt jump forward either. He jumped diagonally backward. Also curry often pump fakes then steps 3 feet to the side then shoots allowing everyone to land safely

Harden is trying to bait the official into blowing the whistle. if he was worried about his ankles he would go straight up and down

smith&wesson
04-29-2019, 09:56 AM
It was a great game I hate that the refs took over and decided it ag the end... itís the playoffs let them play. Enough with the tickytack fouls... so many fantom calls being called on both sides. Let them play!!

Scoots
04-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Saw a stat ... Harden took 35,502 more dribbles than Thompson did this season.

Oh, and the Rockets can complain, but the Warriors can too since so many bad calls were made and so many were missed both ways. The complaining was predictable.

smith&wesson
04-29-2019, 10:01 AM

Oh, and the Rockets can complain, but the Warriors can too since so many bad calls were made and so many were missed both ways. The complaining was predictable.

Iím complaining too but not because of one side I just hate that they ruined such a great game with some ridiculous calls and non calls... I think in the post season they should be allowed to play through more contact and in general not call as many fouls unless itís a foul that needs to be called. They really kill the flow of the game sometimes.

Giannis94
04-29-2019, 10:23 AM

We need to get rid of the officials.

pulzar
04-29-2019, 10:27 AM
I don't really care for Harden much, and I hate how he draws fouls on drives (the "you can't run next to me because I'm going to swerve into you and draw a foul" thing is driving me nuts)... but those closeouts by Klay should've been called fouls by any measure. A natural shooting motion is going to push you forward a couple of feet, and you can't have a defender plant themselves there in the middle of your shot. Harden did it to Curry a bit later, too.

The last play with Green, though, that's exactly the reason Harden didn't get the calls... he threw his feet way out and was almost horizontal right after the follow-through. Clearly just trying to manufacture a foul.

Still, these seem like something refs should be able to distinguish out there.. the play takes a few seconds, there's nobody else around these two players. If they can't do it, add a fourth ref for the playoffs, have him do nothing but watch for these kinds of "hard to call" plays.

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 10:34 AM
I don't really care for Harden much, and I hate how he draws fouls on drives (the "you can't run next to me because I'm going to swerve into you and draw a foul" thing is driving me nuts)... but those closeouts by Klay should've been called fouls by any measure. A natural shooting motion is going to push you forward a couple of feet, and you can't have a defender plant themselves there in the middle of your shot. Harden did it to Curry a bit later, too.

The last play with Green, though, that's exactly the reason Harden didn't get the calls... he threw his feet way out and was almost horizontal right after the follow-through. Clearly just trying to manufacture a foul.

Still, these seem like something refs should be able to distinguish out there.. the play takes a few seconds, there's nobody else around these two players. If they can't do it, add a fourth ref for the playoffs, have him do nothing but watch for these kinds of "hard to call" plays.

the last one with green was obvious because green didnt even jump in the direction of harden- he jumped side to side and somehow their feet collided on the landing..

I would contest that when you take a huge step back before shooting and have all your momentum going away from your defender- your feet wont naturally land 3-4 feet in front of where you took off from. Also hardens feet arent underneath his body when hes coming down.

Now if you are running up court full speed and pull up (IE KD in the 2017 nba finals against lebron)- I could see an argument for you landing a few feet infront of where you took off from. Still I would expect your feet to be somewhat underneath you

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 10:38 AM
Iím complaining too but not because of one side I just hate that they ruined such a great game with some ridiculous calls and non calls... I think in the post season they should be allowed to play through more contact and in general not call as many fouls unless itís a foul that needs to be called. They really kill the flow of the game sometimes.

wasnt a great game though- very sloppy for this point int he year. The warriors came out with the focus of their first or second pre season game. I can remember multiple turnovers in the first quarter (Ie draymond not being able to complete a pass to iggy 4-6 feet away from him that would have resulted in an uncontested dunk.)

Also klay and curry basically mailed this one in by both scoring and shooting below their season averages

LaVar Ball
04-29-2019, 11:59 AM
People are focusing so much on Harden not getting the foul call etc.

It's about one guy. KEVIN DURANT

Last year, you could throw a PJ Tucker with Trevor Ariza with a Luc Richard Mbah Moute

This season, the Rockets are just relying on PJ Tucker to guard KD. He can't do it for 40+ min. That's asking too much of a guy who is potentially the top or 2nd best best player in the league. ANd it's not fair to ask him to do that.

THE LOSS OF ARIZA AND MOUTE ARE HUGE!!!! And that is what is going to decide this series!

Warriors in 5 (6 at worst)

THis is all on Morey and the new ownership imo for letting go of Ariza and opting to sign the failed experiment that was Melo and then cutting him after 9 games.

Thoughts

Driven
04-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Mbah a moute averaged about 6 minutes per game in the warriors series last year, and sucked. His loss is overstated. The loss of Ariza is legit. But truthfully I donít think it would matter who guards Kevin Durant right now. Heís unguardable. Houston gave up 104 points yesterday. Defense wasnít the issue

Driven
04-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Actually, Iíll take it a step further with Mbah a moute. In the rockets four losses, he played a combined 46 minutes (3 games). In their wins, he played 7 minutes which were likely garbage time. He didnít play in three of the games.

I donít recall, but itís possible that all of his minutes were garbage time because none of the games he played in were close.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 12:33 PM

I don't really like having as many calls as there are right now, but when the announcers so consistently get it wrong how can you be surprised that players, fans, and refs get it wrong too.

How is a defender supposed to defend? Please, tell me how someone can play defense when they are at the mercy of the offensive player creating contact and the ref bailing them out? I was taught that the defender has as much right to his space as the offensive player, and that if the offensive player takes up that space it's either a no-call or an offensive foul, not a foul on the defender.

Driven
04-29-2019, 12:34 PM
wasnt a great game though- very sloppy for this point int he year. The warriors came out with the focus of their first or second pre season game. I can remember multiple turnovers in the first quarter (Ie draymond not being able to complete a pass to iggy 4-6 feet away from him that would have resulted in an uncontested dunk.)

Also klay and curry basically mailed this one in by both scoring and shooting below their season averages

It was sloppy, but it was a close and intense game. Canít ask for much more Than that. Pretty dramatic overall.

Part of the reason the rockets are complaining so much is because they know they have to. CP3 is doing anything he can to flip things next game and to have the rockets get all of the calls.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Mbah a moute averaged about 6 minutes per game in the warriors series last year, and sucked. His loss is overstated. The loss of Ariza is legit. But truthfully I donít think it would matter who guards Kevin Durant right now. Heís unguardable. Houston gave up 104 points yesterday. Defense wasnít the issue

To be fair to Mbah a Moute he was injured right at the end of the year and wasn't close to 100% for any of the playoffs and missed 8 games in the playoffs.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 12:37 PM
We need to get rid of the officials.

And players call fouls themselves? I'd be okay with that.

Htownballa1622
04-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Pretty simple. Rockets needed to make more shots to win. They lost because they couldn't hit shots. They went down early because zebras swallowed whistle. Klay should've had 4 fouls by half. Last dray no call was fine. No issue there. Curry picks up 5th foul is like when Draymond picks up first tech. They literally are allowed to do anything after that point.

How a defender plays defense and contests there is to contest to side without running into player. Don't be dense.

LMAO at Curry peacocking at the end when he rode Durant's jock all game. Be thankful Durant is there(for now) because if he weren't....well we'll see next year.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 12:39 PM
It was sloppy, but it was a close and intense game. Canít ask for much more Than that. Pretty dramatic overall.

Part of the reason the rockets are complaining so much is because they know they have to. CP3 is doing anything he can to flip things next game and to have the rockets get all of the calls.

And he continues to constantly foul and get called a great defender while calling other people dirty.

valade16
04-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Harden is shooting 36% in the playoffs this year and 33% from 3 on 12 attempts per game. He is still scoring 29 PPG, but his TS% is .526.

Driven
04-29-2019, 12:49 PM
To be fair to Mbah a Moute he was injured right at the end of the year and wasn't close to 100% for any of the playoffs and missed 8 games in the playoffs.

Absolutely, but regardless of the reason he didnít really play in the series last year, and when he did he was ineffective.

You canít say that the rockets miss his production, when there wasnít production to begin with.

tredigs
04-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Harden is shooting 36% in the playoffs this year and 33% from 3 on 12 attempts per game. He is still scoring 29 PPG, but his TS% is .526.

His 32.9% from 3 is actually his best of the last 4 post-seasons, so I expect that to dip into the 20's by the end of the series. #PlayoffHarden

bleedprple&gold
04-29-2019, 01:12 PM
This is why I hate watching Harden. Every game with him is about the officials and what they called or didn't call, and we end up talking about them instead of the players. How about he just plays winning basketball that doesn't require reliance on the refs to bail him out all the time? Oh wait he can't...

Scoots
04-29-2019, 01:25 PM
Absolutely, but regardless of the reason he didnít really play in the series last year, and when he did he was ineffective.

You canít say that the rockets miss his production, when there wasnít production to begin with.

But there was production until he was injured.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 01:27 PM
This is why I hate watching Harden. Every game with him is about the officials and what they called or didn't call, and we end up talking about them instead of the players. How about he just plays winning basketball that doesn't require reliance on the refs to bail him out all the time? Oh wait he can't...

He says he wants the officials to call the game by the rules. If they do that he'll have to stop pushing off and creating contact so often. If they call more than 1 and a half steps a travel he won't get open nearly as much either.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 01:28 PM
To be clear ... Harden's game is a product of watching how the game is officiated and seeking to take advantage of it WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AS A PRO. The issue isn't Harden, it's the officials allowing that game to succeed.

valade16
04-29-2019, 01:41 PM
To be clear ... Harden's game is a product of watching how the game is officiated and seeking to take advantage of it WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AS A PRO. The issue isn't Harden, it's the officials allowing that game to succeed.

They don't appear to be allowing his game to succeed in the playoffs.

His FTs per 100 possessions on the Rockets goes from 13.6 to 11.3. His FTr goes from .531 to .460. His TS% goes from .610 TO .565.

bleedprple&gold
04-29-2019, 01:47 PM

It's a difficult game to officiate and Harden doesn't make it any easier with his flopping and kicking his feet out. I agree the onus is on the officials not to call that garbage, but you can see when they don't call it then Harden isn't nearly as effective, but then we have to deal with all the *****ing and controversy why sometime he gets those calls and sometimes he doesn't. He's just annoying that with the way he plays every game becomes about the refs. That's not what we should have to be talking about.

Driven
04-29-2019, 01:47 PM
But there was production until he was injured.

But there wasnít production during the rockets warriors series last year, which is what the OP was referring to.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 01:51 PM

so basically, playoff Harden is back again. He can whine and cry all he wants, but at some point, he needs to realize his theatrics just don't work in the playoffs as much. It's why he gets crushed by me, and so many others when it comes to his "ranking" or whatever. Yes, in the regular season I would take him over nearly anyone. Come playoffs, not even close.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 01:52 PM

dude, yes. Totally agree. It's why I HATE watching Houston. It's a **** show

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 01:53 PM

well, Harden clearly hasn't learned there are a different set of rules once the playoffs start...

Romeo Naes
04-29-2019, 03:03 PM
Hes lead the league in free throw attempts 5 straight seasons. LMAO about not getting respect. they allow him to push off every time he does a step back. if curry got half the calls harden gets hed be unguardable

Iím literally agreeing with you lol. I was just addressing the announcers yesterday on the times they pointed out some contact was being allowed to Hardhead and not being called. He literally flops and flails on every play so itís difficult to tell if there is really a fouls going on for real. Yes, if Curry got his calls he would be close to Jordan status lol. Too bad Curry is not a flopping flailing ref baiting ***** like Harden is.

Romeo Naes
04-29-2019, 03:08 PM
so basically, playoff Harden is back again. He can whine and cry all he wants, but at some point, he needs to realize his theatrics just don't work in the playoffs as much. It's why he gets crushed by me, and so many others when it comes to his "ranking" or whatever. Yes, in the regular season I would take him over nearly anyone. Come playoffs, not even close.

Totally agree. He is also a turnover machine in the post season.

Chronz
04-29-2019, 06:28 PM
People are focusing so much on Harden not getting the foul call etc.

It's about one guy. KEVIN DURANT

Last year, you could throw a PJ Tucker with Trevor Ariza with a Luc Richard Mbah Moute

This season, the Rockets are just relying on PJ Tucker to guard KD. He can't do it for 40+ min. That's asking too much of a guy who is potentially the top or 2nd best best player in the league. ANd it's not fair to ask him to do that.

THE LOSS OF ARIZA AND MOUTE ARE HUGE!!!! And that is what is going to decide this series!

Warriors in 5 (6 at worst)

THis is all on Morey and the new ownership imo for letting go of Ariza and opting to sign the failed experiment that was Melo and then cutting him after 9 games.

Thoughts

Ariza sucked this year and looks done. Moute was injured in the loffs

JAZZNC
04-29-2019, 08:34 PM
well, Harden clearly hasn't learned there are a different set of rules once the playoffs start...

To be honest it's probably pretty hard to flip a switch after 82 games. He is still gonna play the same game that works so often. But it just flat out doesn't in the playoffs.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 09:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbjkpCgiGVw

I wish he's put some of CP3s many un-called step unders, but there is only so long you can spend on making these videos and making money.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 11:50 PM
on the season FTA per game

Harden (10.82 FT attempts per game)

Embiid (10)

Giannis (9.6)

over the last 4 weeks this has been FTA per game

Giannis (12.29)

Harden (8.55)

Embiid (8.14)

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 11:51 PM
L2M report shows 3 incorrect calls all favoring Warriors, Harden pushed out by Curry, Klay traveled, Gordon fouled by Curry. All missed by refs.

More-Than-Most
04-29-2019, 11:53 PM
of all of this i just posted... what i am about to post is ****ing ridiculous... I have been pro harden this season but the NBA should be ashamed

[Dan Patrick Show] James Harden has been fouled while shooting a 3 pointer 101 times this entire year (regular season + playoffs)..Second-most is Terrence Ross 36 times

Vee-Rex
04-29-2019, 11:59 PM
It always seems like an uphill battle when the Rockets are playing the Warriors. Like they're the baby brothers or something. Just don't see them winning - Warriors have a massive talent advantage.

Take KD off the Warriors to even things out and I honestly think they only have the one title in 2015. I think the Cavs beat them in 2017, Rockets beat them in 2018, and Clippers/Rockets beat them in 2019.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 12:00 AM
It always seems like an uphill battle when the Rockets are playing the Warriors. Like they're the baby brothers or something. Just don't see them winning - Warriors have a massive talent advantage.

Take KD off the Warriors to even things out and I honestly think they only have the one title in 2015. I think the Cavs beat them in 2017, Rockets beat them in 2018, and Clippers/Rockets beat them in 2019.

yup.... When you get the best player in the game in durant you basically stop any chance of your team ever choking again.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:09 AM
L2M report shows 3 incorrect calls all favoring Warriors, Harden pushed out by Curry, Klay traveled, Gordon fouled by Curry. All missed by refs.

"Harden pushed out by Curry" is nonsense. That will never be called for the offensive player, specifically when it would have fouled out Curry after they know they blatantly blew his 5th foul call. The Klay travel was very minor and meaningless as he missed his shot for the Rockets rebound at the same time. The last second supposed foul on Curry with the ball loose I can't see on the video they provide or the telecast, but ultimately it just ends the game in a different way for Houston if they do call it.

It also mentions that Harden's last second fail was indeed a kickout by him and a correct no-call.

Ultimately, L2M reports are a bit ridiculous as they have a team looking at every possible camera angle/situation of each play dozens of times in a way that isn't realistic or even desirable for how games are actually officiated (hint: it's not by the letter of each rule, and if it was there would be 50 off-ball fouls a game called for the Warriors alone).

Rest assure, as much as the Rockets and Harden complain, the Warriors got hosed on plenty of calls themselves. Crying about it won't put any of Harden's 20 missed shots back into the rim.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:12 AM

:laugh: Thinking the Clippers beat them is either trolling or some of the worst analysis going. To be fair, take Curry off the Warriors and they never have a title, and KD only has one if Curry doesn't exist in 16. Disagreed on 2017 as well. 2018 Rockets I think win. These Rockets would depend on who replaces KD.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:22 AM
:laugh: Thinking the Clippers beat them is either trolling or some of the worst analysis going.

It's not unreasonable to think it could've gone 7 without Durant. And if it goes 7... I wouldn't count anyone out. But yes, that's the reason I put Clippers/Rockets in 2019 rather than just Clippers, because it's likely the Warriors still win against the Clips.

Also, I wasn't saying that KD > Curry although in the playoffs it's probably a lot closer than you'll ever be willing to admit. I was just saying that his addition is such a massive upgrade that the Warriors just have too much talent for all their opponents. I'd be saying the same thing about Curry if Durant was a Warrior and Curry hopped on the golden bandwagon (take Curry off the Warriors, etc...).

COOLbeans
04-30-2019, 12:22 AM
Barnes on Warriors last year and no KD, Warriors more than likely have homecourt advantage because they donít have some of the negative vibes that KD brings. Rockets series goes 7 and Warriros pull it off at home.

This is all make believe though. Take Rodman off the Bulls and do they beat the Jazz? I mean cmon

COOLbeans
04-30-2019, 12:24 AM
It's not unreasonable to think it could've gone 7 without Durant. And if it goes 7... I wouldn't count anyone out. But yes, that's the reason I put Clippers/Rockets in 2019 rather than just Clippers, because it's likely the Warriors still win against the Clips.

Also, I wasn't saying that KD > Curry although in the playoffs it's probably a lot closer than you'll ever be willing to admit. I was just saying that his addition is such a massive upgrade that the Warriors just have too much talent for all their opponents.

Youíre assuming the season goes exactly the way it went as of KD was still on the Warriors. Seeding is different and the Warrirors team is different. Theyíd have a deeper bench because they wouldnít be paying KD 8 million + more than Barnes.

Theyíd still beat the Rockets

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:24 AM
Warriors are 25-1 with Curry and without Durant since KD joined by the way. The last of those wins coming on the road in Houston against the surging full squad Rockets. But yeah, would probably lose to the Clips and Rockets every time they face... despite Harden never having beat Curry in the playoffs ;)

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 12:28 AM
lol its adorable how legit insecure you get over curry and that durant is just better

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:29 AM
Youíre assuming the season goes exactly the way it went as of KD was still on the Warriors. Seeding is different and the Warrirors team is different. Theyíd have a deeper bench because they wouldnít be paying KD 8 million + more than Barnes.

Theyíd still beat the Rockets

No argument I present would change your mind (not that I care enough to), but I'll just lol at that and leave it there. Pretty sure the majority, if not every person I ever ask would say that the Rockets likely beat the Warriors in 2018 without KD.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:30 AM

Also, I wasn't saying that KD > Curry although in the playoffs it's probably a lot closer than you'll ever be willing to admit. I was just saying that his addition is such a massive upgrade that the Warriors just have too much talent for all their opponents. I'd be saying the same thing about Curry if Durant was a Warrior and Curry hopped on the golden bandwagon (take Curry off the Warriors, etc...).

I see what you're saying with "Clippers/Houston" meaning both. But you can safely remove Clippers. Not a chance in hell they are beating Golden State. They just win differently (and frankly I doubt it even goes 6). I will say that you're simply underestimating Golden State though. They'd likely still have 2+ titles and competing for another this season if their free agent signing was at least Barnes level (which is the baseline as they could have just re-signed him). KD's a luxury item that puts them out of reach for most squads. But he's not what makes this team a dominant contender.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:33 AM
Warriors are 25-1 with Curry and without Durant since KD joined by the way. The last of those wins coming on the road in Houston against the surging full squad Rockets. But yeah, would probably lose to the Clips and Rockets every time they face... despite Harden never having beat Curry in the playoffs ;)

The Rockets team of the last 2 years is not the same one the Warriors faced pre-KD.

Also, pretty sure that 25-1 record is 99% regular season. Forgive me if I don't put a ton of stock into regular season records.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 12:42 AM
I think the "safe landing" rule needs to be amended to something like a circle with a 2' radius around the jumping location. If the rules are not adjusted players will work on longer and longer jumping shots so they can claim the entire court as their landing zone.

And no, it's not just Harden. Though he has been a trend setter.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:42 AM
They'd likely still have 2+ titles and competing for another this season if their free agent signing was at least Barnes level (which is the baseline as they could have just re-signed him). KD's a luxury item that puts them out of reach for most squads. But he's not what makes this team a dominant contender.

See, I never viewed them as unstoppable pre-KD. Best team in the league, yes, but I think the 73 wins just inflated them to an expectation that just was better than what they were. I mean, the 2 contender years prior to KD there were some huge struggles in the playoffs. In 2015 that playoff run wasn't dominant, and in 2016 that playoff run wasn't dominant (obviously).

It was when KD joined that they truly became dominant, going 16-1 in the playoffs. And in 2018 they dominated every team except the Rockets. The results are the results.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:46 AM
The Rockets team of the last 2 years is not the same one the Warriors faced pre-KD.

Also, pretty sure that 25-1 record is 99% regular season. Forgive me if I don't put a ton of stock into regular season records.

Eh the 2015 team was a 56 win squad that made the Western Conference Finals against GS after beating the CP/Blake/DAJ Clips in the 2nd round. They were elite, for sure. Then they faced the Warriors and got absolutely clapped by Curry to the tune of 31/5/5 on a 70% TS for the 4-1 road to the Finals. These past squads are better of course, but rest assure they had a LOT of catching up to do. It's definitely speculative to think the Rockets would win last year and this year without KD (again, replaced by a minimum of Harrison Barnes), and straight asinine to think a team like the Clippers would (as scrappy and fun as they are). The 25-1 is obviously reg season, and still does matter. That's not a record a team maintains unless they are absolutely dominant.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:46 AM
I think the "safe landing" rule needs to be amended to something like a circle with a 2' radius around the jumping location. If the rules are not adjusted players will work on longer and longer jumping shots so they can claim the entire court as their landing zone.

And no, it's not just Harden. Though he has been a trend setter.

IDK, I think there were a few missed calls but it's nothing to complain about. Green didn't foul Harden at the end. Paul stuck his hip out. Harden/Paul are so notorious for their antics that the refs are extra sensitive about it.

I've preached this 4-5 years ago - the playoffs are a different beast, and dudes that rely on drawing contact to inflate their TS% and regular season stats inevitably perform a little worse in the playoffs. Harden needs to do less fishing for contact and more trying to get buckets.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 12:50 AM
IDK, I think there were a few missed calls but it's nothing to complain about. Green didn't foul Harden at the end. Paul stuck his hip out. Harden/Paul are so notorious for their antics that the refs are extra sensitive about it.

I've preached this 4-5 years ago - the playoffs are a different beast, and dudes that rely on drawing contact to inflate their TS% and regular season stats inevitably perform a little worse in the playoffs. Harden needs to do less fishing for contact and more trying to get buckets.

Yeah, but the holes in the officiating are being systematically taken advantage in a way that is taking it to a new level. To stop it the rules and the officiating need to be adjusted.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 12:53 AM
Eh the 2015 team was a 56 win squad that made the Western Conference Finals against GS after beating the CP/Blake/DAJ Clips in the 2nd round. They were elite, for sure. Then they faced the Warriors and got absolutely clapped by Curry to the tune of 31/5/5 on a 70% TS for the 4-1 road to the Finals. These past squads are better of course, but rest assure they had a LOT of catching up to do. It's definitely speculative to think the Rockets would win last year and this year without KD (again, replaced by a minimum of Harrison Barnes), and straight asinine to think a team like the Clippers would (as scrappy and fun as they are). The 25-1 is obviously reg season, and still does matter. That's not a record a team maintains unless they are absolutely dominant.

It's entirely possible to be dominant in the regular season but not dominant in the playoffs.

The Steve Kerr Warriors have had a free-flowing offense and generate tons of assists. This can be extremely difficult to stop during the course of a regular season where teams play 3 games a week on average and don't bother game-planning.

It's the playoffs where defenses clamp down, coaches scheme their ***** off, refs allow more contact, and the constant battle of a 7 game series gets guys riled up and full of passion/emotion. This makes it harder on the free-flowing offense and some ISO scoring ability becomes a bit more important.

Edit: I guess my point is I don't think the pre-KD Warriors were dominant -in the playoffs-, though they were in the regular season. KD's addition is what made them truly dominant in the playoffs.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 12:54 AM
See, I never viewed them as unstoppable pre-KD. Best team in the league, yes, but I think the 73 wins just inflated them to an expectation that just was better than what they were. I mean, the 2 contender years prior to KD there were some huge struggles in the playoffs. In 2015 that playoff run wasn't dominant, and in 2016 that playoff run wasn't dominant (obviously).

It was when KD joined that they truly became dominant, going 16-1 in the playoffs. And in 2018 they dominated every team except the Rockets. The results are the results.

2015 was their first deep playoff run (and first run with a full roster), and they never went to 7 en route to the title. That's as dominant as you can ask for out of a new contender that wasn't top 5 in the league in preseason expectations to win the title. 2016 is too marred by subjectivity and nonsense to even get into. I 100% agree that they were not 73 wins good (they pushed for it), but they were 70 wins good. That's dominance. Curry tearing his MCL in the first game of the playoffs wasn't ideal, but they still should have won it all. No offense to you or your cities title but the best competition that year was OKC (in the playoffs at full health that year, easily one of the best teams of the decade), and the Warriors took them out with Curry coming out as the best player. The Cavs were great as well though and took advantage of what they could to squeek out that title. I give them huge props for that. But rest assure, this Warriors team was going nowhere. They'd likely still have at least 1 other title out of these past 3 years.

Enough of the past though. On to bed and G2 manana.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 01:01 AM
2015 was their first deep playoff run (and first run with a full roster), and they never went to 7 en route to the title. That's as dominant as you can ask for out of a new contender that wasn't top 5 in the league in preseason expectations to win the title. 2016 is too marred by subjectivity and nonsense to even get into. I 100% agree that they were not 73 wins good (they pushed for it), but they were 70 wins good. That's dominance. Curry tearing his MCL in the first game of the playoffs wasn't ideal, but they still should have won it all. No offense to you or your cities title but the best competition that year was OKC (in the playoffs at full health that year, easily one of the best teams of the decade), and the Warriors took them out with Curry coming out as the best player. The Cavs were great as well though and took advantage of what they could to squeek out that title. I give them huge props for that. But rest assure, this Warriors team was going nowhere. They'd likely still have at least 1 other title out of these past 3 years.

Enough of the past though. On to bed and G2 manana.

'Expectations' have no relevance in determining whether or not a team is dominant.

No matter how you feel about the 2016 playoffs - it wasn't dominant at all. Claiming OKC was the 'tougher team' over CLE is fine but in no way, shape, or form did the Warriors dominate the Thunder that year. Nor did they dominate the Cavs.

If you want to bring up 'injuries' or whatever as an excuse, then we gotta dig into 2015 as well. You can't call 2015 dominant because no series went 7 (though there was some very fierce moments being down 1-2 in multiple series) and never mention injuries, but then call 2016 dominant and mention injuries (or nonsense) as the reason.

I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble but it's not ridiculous to suggest the Warriors might only have 1 title if not for KD joining them. They haven't shown themselves to be dominant (in the playoffs) without him.

COOLbeans
04-30-2019, 01:03 AM
No argument I present would change your mind (not that I care enough to), but I'll just lol at that and leave it there. Pretty sure the majority, if not every person I ever ask would say that the Rockets likely beat the Warriors in 2018 without KD.

Who else would be on this imaginary roster when KDs not on the team? Theyíd have Barnes, their mid level and about 10MM more to spend on updgrades to the bench. But yea you canít change my mind in imagination land

COOLbeans
04-30-2019, 01:06 AM

They choked that 73 win season. They were huge favorites from day 1 lol

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 01:06 AM
Yeah, but the holes in the officiating are being systematically taken advantage in a way that is taking it to a new level. To stop it the rules and the officiating need to be adjusted.

I agree that the officiating needs to be adjusted. A simple rule change won't do anything if the refs aren't enforcing anything and if the NBA doesn't care enough to make some serious changes.

The refs have been awful each and every year in each and every playoff series it seems like. There's no rigging or anything like that, they're just inept.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 01:10 AM
They choked that 73 win season. They were huge favorites from day 1 lol

What correlation does being favorites have to do with being dominant?

So if I'm the favorite and I lose because I choke, I was still dominant in the playoffs? :laugh2:

tredigs
04-30-2019, 01:18 AM
'Expectations' have no relevance in determining whether or not a team is dominant.

No matter how you feel about the 2016 playoffs - it wasn't dominant at all. Claiming OKC was the 'tougher team' over CLE is fine but in no way, shape, or form did the Warriors dominate the Thunder that year. Nor did they dominate the Cavs.

If you want to bring up 'injuries' or whatever as an excuse, then we gotta dig into 2015 as well. You can't call 2015 dominant because no series went 7 (though there was some very fierce moments being down 1-2 in multiple series) and never mention injuries, but then call 2016 dominant and mention injuries (or nonsense) as the reason.

I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble but it's not ridiculous to suggest the Warriors might only have 1 title if not for KD joining them. They haven't shown themselves to be dominant (in the playoffs) without him.
OK last reply since you replied, but then I gotta sleep.

I don't say "dominant" as in they can't be challenged or beaten in the right circumstance (we call NBA champions dominant all the time, it doesn't have to just be arguably the best squad ever assembled), but it's going to take a massive effort from a truly great team. That goes for all of the past 5 years, with or without Durant. I definitely acknowledge that they're not favorites to have both of the past 2 titles and this one without KD, but it's definitely possible, and more likely than not that they win one of them. There's no way to argue this either way other than to know how great they were pre-KD with Barnes, factor in how they look without KD the past few years (again, 25-1, reg-season or not it proves they're right there), and realize that they beat a team in OKC with peak KD/Westbrook/Ibaka/Robertson/Adams who were all 100%. A team that IMO was better in the playoffs than Houston last year or this year. Though I acknowledge it's close and that Houston could also beat them. It's obviously foolish to think one team always wins, and the other always loses. Just a matter of how often do the Warriors win these past few years. And I'm arguing that it's definitely more likely than not that this Warriors squad without KD has 2+ titles from 2015-2020 if we run the simulation 10,000 times (there's a world where they have 0 titles, and a world where they have 5). I'm on record saying that even last year and this year the Rockets (and likely 1-2 East Teams) can beat them. It's not black/white. Clear? No? Oh well, bed time.

Vee-Rex
04-30-2019, 01:32 AM
OK last reply since you replied, but then I gotta sleep.

I don't say "dominant" as in they can't be challenged or beaten in the right circumstance (we call NBA champions dominant all the time, it doesn't have to just be arguably the best squad ever assembled), but it's going to take a massive effort from a truly great team. That goes for all of the past 5 years, with or without Durant. I definitely acknowledge that they're not favorites to have both of the past 2 titles and this one without KD, but it's definitely possible, and more likely than not that they win one of them. There's no way to argue this either way other than to know how great they were pre-KD with Barnes, factor in how they look without KD the past few years (again, 25-1, reg-season or not it proves they're right there), and realize that they beat a team in OKC with peak KD/Westbrook/Ibaka/Robertson/Adams who were all 100%. A team that IMO was better in the playoffs than Houston last year or this year. Though I acknowledge it's close and that Houston could also beat them. It's obviously foolish to think one team always wins, and the other always loses. Just a matter of how often do the Warriors win these past few years. And I'm arguing that it's definitely more likely than not that this Warriors squad without KD has 2+ titles from 2015-2020 if we run the simulation 10,000 times (there's a world where they have 0 titles, and a world where they have 5). I'm on record saying that even last year and this year the Rockets (and likely 1-2 East Teams) can beat them. It's not black/white. Clear? No? Oh well, bed time.

That's a fair stance. I wasn't trying to speak in absolutes about them possibly having just 1 title without KD - I was saying that I think it could be the case. The only series I feel confident they would've lost without KD is the 2018 Rockets.

Saddletramp
04-30-2019, 02:24 AM
Harden needs to do less fishing for contact and more trying to get buckets.

I totally agree with this but I gotta say, the rules should be the rules in the regular season as well as the postseason. The strike zone is the strike zone, the goal line is the goal line. A foul should be a foul. The refs should either call ALL games tight like they do in the playoffs or a little looser like they do in the regular season, but this flip-flopping around? So, theyíre telling us that teams do well or not under one set of rules and then have to play by a different set of rules during the postseason?

But yes, itís nothing new and Harden needs to adjust accordingly. But those Klay calls were awful (not surprised the refs let the Warriors do that, though. Theyíve been getting away with stuff like that for years).

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 05:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYlnfKVTWIU

:clap:

MVP

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 05:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8SsUT1dlk

you better pray he doesnt leave tre or your team is ****ed... HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

goingfor28
04-30-2019, 07:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYlnfKVTWIU

:clap:

MVPThe past 2 playoffs and this playoffs have proven he's far more important than anyone else on GS and it's not even close.

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 07:53 AM
What is amazing to me is everyone in the world is talking about how durant has carried post season after post season and now carrying this post season and tre sticks to 24-1 but doesnt realize all the bench help and dray and klay have fallen off and thus without durant curry would be getting exposed... I hope KD leaves so next year we can see the warriors as like a 5th seed who is damn near 1 and done because they no longer have the best player in the world

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 07:55 AM
The past 2 playoffs and this playoffs have proven he's far more important than anyone else on GS and it's not even close.

yup... its sad that tre sticks to it and goes by 24-1 and ignores just how deep that team is compared to this team... the depth was insane because they had guys off the bench who were legit starters and starters like dray klay who were amazing... now its literally just durant carrying with curry being a supporting player and he is worried about 24-1..... that team was def amazing... now guys are older and on the decline or being exposed... durant is literally their saving grace... without durant they lose last series against an 8th seed.

curry is def a great player but the cavs exposed them without durant... force curry to defend and you win... now you can force curry to defend and let dray shoot and its a wrap... without durant they are legit screwed.

MygirlhatesCod
04-30-2019, 08:08 AM
yup... its sad that tre sticks to it and goes by 24-1 and ignores just how deep that team is compared to this team... the depth was insane because they had guys off the bench who were legit starters and starters like dray klay who were amazing... now its literally just durant carrying with curry being a supporting player and he is worried about 24-1..... that team was def amazing... now guys are older and on the decline or being exposed... durant is literally their saving grace... without durant they lose last series against an 8th seed.

curry is def a great player but the cavs exposed them without durant... force curry to defend and you win... now you can force curry to defend and let dray shoot and its a wrap... without durant they are legit screwed.

Itís amazing how posting the same thing continuously doesnít bore you. Your persistence is unmatched sir.

Htownballa1622
04-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Scott Foster game 2!

CONGRATS WORRIERS!

Htownballa1622
04-30-2019, 09:17 AM

:surrender:

Scoots
04-30-2019, 09:27 AM
It's entirely possible to be dominant in the regular season but not dominant in the playoffs.

The Steve Kerr Warriors have had a free-flowing offense and generate tons of assists. This can be extremely difficult to stop during the course of a regular season where teams play 3 games a week on average and don't bother game-planning.

It's the playoffs where defenses clamp down, coaches scheme their ***** off, refs allow more contact, and the constant battle of a 7 game series gets guys riled up and full of passion/emotion. This makes it harder on the free-flowing offense and some ISO scoring ability becomes a bit more important.

Edit: I guess my point is I don't think the pre-KD Warriors were dominant -in the playoffs-, though they were in the regular season. KD's addition is what made them truly dominant in the playoffs.

I agree. KD was exactly what they were missing.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 09:34 AM
I agree that the officiating needs to be adjusted. A simple rule change won't do anything if the refs aren't enforcing anything and if the NBA doesn't care enough to make some serious changes.

The refs have been awful each and every year in each and every playoff series it seems like. There's no rigging or anything like that, they're just inept.

I don't think they are inept, I think they have an impossible job. They are told to officiate one way for nearly 2500 games then as soon as the playoffs start they have a different set of rules. There are 10 people moving quickly around, reaching, grabbing, hooking, moving the ball, etc. There is no way 3 sets of eyes can catch everything and there is no way they can get everything they do see right. The game, and the officiating has become so much about the upper body they can't see what is being missed. The top ref watches the feet up to the shot, then watches to see if it goes in, the baseline ref is watching the rebound positions after the shot and looking for 3 second violations and grabbing/hooking/rooting in the lane before the shot, the side ref is watching the motion of the other players and the hands of the guy with the ball to see if he gets fouled before the shot. There literally are not enough eyes to see all the things that need to be seen. Not to mention that they are all obscured by the other players a lot of the time.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 09:38 AM
Scott Foster game 2!

CONGRATS WORRIERS!

This is going to be a cluster****

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 10:44 AM
To be honest it's probably pretty hard to flip a switch after 82 games. He is still gonna play the same game that works so often. But it just flat out doesn't in the playoffs.

oh well. **** him

likemystylez
04-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Scott Foster game 2!

CONGRATS WORRIERS!

Im surprised the league didnt pull him from this game. Given the narrative after game 1 and the fact that both teams hate scott foster (I honestly think he just gets annoyed by guys complaining all the time)

I mean seriously- talk about an absolute no win situation for the guy. Regardless of how he calls it- tomorrows story line is a guarantee to be about scott foster

kdspurman
04-30-2019, 12:10 PM
Just shoot the ball man. Playoffs are different, and it's debatable if he should even get some of those 3 point FT's to begin with. But you gotta adjust to how officials are calling/not calling the game. Especially in the playoffs. Shoot the ball to score, not to shoot FT's. Could be missing out on valuable points, which you can't afford to give up to GS.

SfgiantsJD3
04-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Im surprised the league didnt pull him from this game. Given the narrative after game 1 and the fact that both teams hate scott foster (I honestly think he just gets annoyed by guys complaining all the time)

I mean seriously- talk about an absolute no win situation for the guy. Regardless of how he calls it- tomorrows story line is a guarantee to be about scott foster

He typically doesn't favor the home team, Houston and GS don't like him welcome to tonight's watch the officals referees show. What the over under on fouls called (total)
Techs called?
Ejections?

Just the kind of slow tempo half court game we all love to watch.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 12:38 PM
Just shoot the ball man. Playoffs are different, and it's debatable if he should even get some of those 3 point FT's to begin with. But you gotta adjust to how officials are calling/not calling the game. Especially in the playoffs. Shoot the ball to score, not to shoot FT's. Could be missing out on valuable points, which you can't afford to give up to GS.

That is my major issue with that style. The intent is the foul not the play. I don't blame Harden, I blame the NBA and the officials for supporting that style.

The NBA wants fans to watch the game, they want it to have pace and flow, for it to have highlight plays. Then we have players AVERAGING 10+ FTs a game that is not what the NBA seems to have said they want. The NBA has to change the way the game is called and the officials have to support the change with consistency.

Define a landing zone by a reasonable radius. More carefully officiate contact created by the offensive player (on shots, drives, and screens/picks). Get more harsh on flops that are incorrectly called by officials by making them technical fouls after the game ... player gets a fine and eventually player starts getting suspended games (and game checks). Officials should not guess on fouls ever ... see it and call it, if you are not sure then don't blow the whistle.

And, as probably everybody knows by now ... add a ref. The game needs 4 sets of eyes to come close to seeing what they need to see. They should be bracketing the floor at the 2 baseline corners and on the sideline at the 3 point line extended ... then they can see out of bounds on baseline and sideline with 2 sets of eyes each line, as well as seeing on-side action and offside action both high and low at all times, and on the strong side there will always be 2 on-side officials, one to watch hands and one to watch feet ... plus others keys of course.

Harden said it ... call the game to the rules and he'll adjust. It's what he did to get us here ... he adjusted his game to take advantage of the rules and the officials. Spirit of the game doesn't matter if it's not called that way.

valade16
04-30-2019, 12:43 PM

This is my biggest complaint with Harden. Oftentimes when he drives to the lane (or shoots 3's apparently), he's not even looking to score, he's looking to get the foul.

kdspurman
04-30-2019, 12:52 PM
This is my biggest complaint with Harden. Oftentimes when he drives to the lane (or shoots 3's apparently), he's not even looking to score, he's looking to get the foul.

For sure. And usually he gets those calls, so why not keep doing it if it helps your team win?

But when it's not going your way, just gotta adjust. Especially in the playoffs, he has to know by now a lot of those tactics won't get called.

From this quote tho, it doesn't sound like he's going to change how he plays. We'll see what happens

kdspurman
04-30-2019, 12:55 PM
That is my major issue with that style. The intent is the foul not the play. I don't blame Harden, I blame the NBA and the officials for supporting that style.

The NBA wants fans to watch the game, they want it to have pace and flow, for it to have highlight plays. Then we have players AVERAGING 10+ FTs a game that is not what the NBA seems to have said they want. The NBA has to change the way the game is called and the officials have to support the change with consistency.

Define a landing zone by a reasonable radius. More carefully officiate contact created by the offensive player (on shots, drives, and screens/picks). Get more harsh on flops that are incorrectly called by officials by making them technical fouls after the game ... player gets a fine and eventually player starts getting suspended games (and game checks). Officials should not guess on fouls ever ... see it and call it, if you are not sure then don't blow the whistle.

And, as probably everybody knows by now ... add a ref. The game needs 4 sets of eyes to come close to seeing what they need to see. They should be bracketing the floor at the 2 baseline corners and on the sideline at the 3 point line extended ... then they can see out of bounds on baseline and sideline with 2 sets of eyes each line, as well as seeing on-side action and offside action both high and low at all times, and on the strong side there will always be 2 on-side officials, one to watch hands and one to watch feet ... plus others keys of course.

Harden said it ... call the game to the rules and he'll adjust. It's what he did to get us here ... he adjusted his game to take advantage of the rules and the officials. Spirit of the game doesn't matter if it's not called that way.

Most definitely. They dropped the ball a ton with this stuff, with fining players for flopping, etc... No consistency whatsoever

mightybosstone
04-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Scott Foster game 2!

CONGRATS WORRIERS!

RIP 2018-19 Rockets season. :crying:

Scoots
04-30-2019, 01:20 PM
RIP 2018-19 Rockets season. :crying:

Nah. The Warriors hate him too. It just means whatever the outcome this game is likely to suck.

tredigs
04-30-2019, 01:20 PM
Every player, coach and fan in the NBA hates Foster, including GS, who has seen their playoff record plummet in games he's on the floor going back a half decade. I remember Warriors fans being livid every time he was assigned a game in the 2016 Finals. And we know the Rockets hate him too.

I know ref assignments are made before a series, but you would think you'd remove him from this series at least. Just more whining from the fans to come.

mightybosstone
04-30-2019, 01:21 PM

Love SVP, but I do feel a bit like he's cherry picking here. Where are the 3-point attempts in question from the Warriors game that everyone is complaining about? Forget the last call of the game. I want replays of all of the Klay Thompson contests from the first half where he clearly impeded Harden's ability to land. Maybe those replays will show otherwise, but I don't think they will...

mightybosstone
04-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Nah. The Warriors hate him too. It just means whatever the outcome this game is likely to suck.

Yeah, but I still think the NBA is being a little tone deaf here. You'd think given all the negativity between the Rockets and Foster combined with all the negativity around the Rockets and officiating from Game 1, the league would have the self awareness to say "Scott Foster needs to stay the hell away from Game 2."

I don't think Foster is a very good referee, period, regardless of what teams he's officiating. But with an already perceived bias against Houston already out there in the media, there's a potential here for this whole officiating issue to really get blown up in the next 24 hours.

tp13baby
04-30-2019, 02:10 PM
Yeah, but I still think the NBA is being a little tone deaf here. You'd think given all the negativity between the Rockets and Foster combined with all the negativity around the Rockets and officiating from Game 1, the league would have the self awareness to say "Scott Foster needs to stay the hell away from Game 2."

I don't think Foster is a very good referee, period, regardless of what teams he's officiating. But with an already perceived bias against Houston already out there in the media, there's a potential here for this whole officiating issue to really get blown up in the next 24 hours.

He canít make an *** out of himself on national television in the biggest moment.

Denver had Tony Brothers which is the equivalent with Houston and Foster in game 7.

As for the no calls. Those are bad. First off I canít stand Harden or Paul as I feel they ***** too much. I think the refs give them too much. But as a AAU basketball coach, high school coach, ref development, those are fouls.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 02:26 PM

yep. Harden's antics are just so transparent. Shoot to score, period.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 02:27 PM
For sure. And usually he gets those calls, so why not keep doing it if it helps your team win?

But when it's not going your way, just gotta adjust. Especially in the playoffs, he has to know by now a lot of those tactics won't get called.

From this quote tho, it doesn't sound like he's going to change how he plays. We'll see what happens

then he remains a failure.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 02:28 PM

worries me too. It may become more about officiating, than bball

Chronz
04-30-2019, 03:19 PM
Has anyone ever committed as hard as harden has, to gaming the system?

Chronz
04-30-2019, 03:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep8SsUT1dlk

you better pray he doesnt leave tre or your team is ****ed... HE IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

When did tre become a raps fan?

Chronz
04-30-2019, 03:34 PM
I totally agree with this but I gotta say, the rules should be the rules in the regular season as well as the postseason. The strike zone is the strike zone, the goal line is the goal line. A foul should be a foul. The refs should either call ALL games tight like they do in the playoffs or a little looser like they do in the regular season, but this flip-flopping around? So, theyíre telling us that teams do well or not under one set of rules and then have to play by a different set of rules during the postseason?

But yes, itís nothing new and Harden needs to adjust accordingly. But those Klay calls were awful (not surprised the refs let the Warriors do that, though. Theyíve been getting away with stuff like that for years).

F that, the league has ALWAYS allowed more physicality in the loffs, the regular season today is just about getting through the year, now is when the big boys show themselves. Harden needs to learn like all the other greats, he can't have the same mindset

Scoots
04-30-2019, 03:41 PM
Love SVP, but I do feel a bit like he's cherry picking here. Where are the 3-point attempts in question from the Warriors game that everyone is complaining about? Forget the last call of the game. I want replays of all of the Klay Thompson contests from the first half where he clearly impeded Harden's ability to land. Maybe those replays will show otherwise, but I don't think they will...

If you follow his idea of landing where you jump from most of those first half calls Klay would not be guilty. A lot of jump shooters to swing their legs forward for a jump shot. I think his point is that Harden's sway is exaggerated significantly when the shot is contested. It's why I think the rule needs to be changed to only apply to a jump shot within a certain radius of the initiation of the shot.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 03:43 PM

Honestly, I don't think it matters who officiates the game, they are doomed.

Scoots
04-30-2019, 03:44 PM
As for the no calls. Those are bad. First off I canít stand Harden or Paul as I feel they ***** too much. I think the refs give them too much. But as a AAU basketball coach, high school coach, ref development, those are fouls.

All of them? Including the closing no-call against Draymond? Because if that last one was a correct no-call then you have to admit there is a grey area.

rhino17
04-30-2019, 03:45 PM
Scott Foster officiating tonight, what a joke. Guaranteed loss

I expect a major injury tonight with the dirty way Klay an co are operating