PDA

View Full Version : Is LaMarcus Aldridge a Playoff Choker?

LaVar Ball
04-28-2019, 10:26 AM
It just seems to me that the guy is just not Spurs material. He's not a really high basketball IQ guy. Sure he has the talent, but he lacks the intangibles. Just look at Portland when he left them high and dry. That franchise is doing well under Lillard and McCollum, guys who have intangibles and are clutch.

People were blaming Pop for the timeout that LMA didn't call, when in reality it was LMA who should've known by basketball instincts, time on the clock, and understanding late game situations. He didn't need his head coach to have to bark at him to foul. HE himself, a veteran of 13 seasons should have known better to make that judgement call himself and foul in that situation.

And now after 9 seasons in Portland, he thought SAS would be a better situation. But it became a classic case of "the grass isn't always as green on the other side". He has now just finished his 4th year with the Spurs. He couldn't mesh well with in his first year in San Antonio with Timmy D (in his last year), Tony, Manu, prime Kawhi, Danny Green and Patty under Pop. After just 2 seasons in San Antonio he demanded a trade. And now he has severely underwheled as the future franchise player of the Spurs post Timmy D.

The Spurs franchise has a lot of decisions to make in what they should do. Is Pop gonna come back or retire? Is DeRozan the guy to keep going forward? .... but the first thing to decide is if LMA is worth keep going forward. They need to get rid of him this summer!

smith&wesson
04-28-2019, 10:49 AM
The spurs need to blow it up. LMA and Derozan playing styles don’t compliment each other at all

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 10:58 AM
The spurs need to blow it up. LMA and Derozan playing styles don’t compliment each other at all
Yea I think they should blow it up and start from scratch but Pop doesn’t have that type of time. If he stays they’ll likely ride out what they have.

LaVar Ball
04-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Yea I think they should blow it up and start from scratch but Pop doesn’t have that type of time. If he stays they’ll likely ride out what they have.

What is there to ride out ?

They’ve peaked. Sure it’s a feel good to make the playoffs every year and brings an extra revenue for the franchise, but truth be told if the Spurs continue with Pop and what they have and stay the course, they’ll be stuck in basketball purgatory. Being a 7th-10th seed, and if they do make the playoffs, it’ll be a first round exit again.

Time to blow it up and revamp the entire roster. Pop is adding empty regular season wins that won’t equate to championships or finals appearances anymore. Gone are all the Spurs legends.

YAALREADYKNO
04-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Trade em both

ewing
04-28-2019, 11:58 AM

They’ve peaked. Sure it’s a feel good to make the playoffs every year and brings an extra revenue for the franchise, but truth be told if the Spurs continue with Pop and what they have and stay the course, they’ll be stuck in basketball purgatory. Being a 7th-10th seed, and if they do make the playoffs, it’ll be a first round exit again.

Time to blow it up and revamp the entire roster. Pop is adding empty regular season wins that won’t equate to championships or finals appearances anymore. Gone are all the Spurs legends.

How many times have you thought this in the last 20 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiecballer
04-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Spurs need to get rid of either Aldridge or DeRozan. I would vote both if I was a Spurs fan.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
04-28-2019, 12:37 PM

And if that’s what Pop wants to do for the next couple of years you let him do it.

Scoots
04-28-2019, 12:47 PM
LMA doesn't matter. What matters is when Pop is going to retire.

tp13baby
04-28-2019, 04:10 PM
LMA and Derozan were consistent. LMA gave them 20 and 10 on 50 percent shooting. Spurs are rebuilding to an extent. White and Murray will be a great backcourt. Poetl is a solid center. Walker will be a great 6 man.

Should of fouled but Denver is the better team. Denver had the best player on the floor and he showed it even in his first playoff series. 23/10/9 in the first round has only been done by Lebron several times and Westbrook once. When Murray played well Denver won. No one on the Spurs is at or the ceiling of Jokic and Murray. Millsap contributed, Harris was a big part of the series defensively.

I did have the Spurs winning in 6 and they probably should have, but Derozan and LMA just don’t affect the game like Jokic. The defense Denver showed is a continuation of the 5th best defensive team in the second half, now their offense has to get going.

ewing
04-28-2019, 05:10 PM
LMA doesn't matter. What matters is when Pop is going to retire.

He matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdspurman
04-28-2019, 05:14 PM

Heck no. They got White/Walker/Murray all playing bigger roles next year. They should have the best defensive back court in the league next year. What they need is a defensive minded SF, someone with length (like a guy they used to have at that spot).

And they've got 2 first round picks coming up. We've seen what Pop/RC do with late draft picks. Haven't had a lottery pick in over 20 years, but still manage to find guys who can really play. Now they have 2? I'm excited to see who they bring in.

I think their future is already looking pretty promising. They'll figure out how to make pieces fit or move guys if need be. Considering the huge curve ball they were thrown last season/summer, I think they are in good shape.