PDA

View Full Version : Offensive players creating contact

Scoots
04-27-2019, 01:18 AM
Offensive player and defensive player are running side by side in a straight line ... offensive player does a euro-step like forward side step and throws an elbow into the chest of the defender ... foul on the defender?

I've seen something like this maybe 50 times in these playoffs. Why is this not getting pointed out more?

The offensive push off and blatantly creating contact is out of control. I hope we have a rule clarification or focus for next year.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 01:36 AM
its going to be the one main thing to hurt basketball.... i said this before and its not to troll at all but the calls I have seen Harden and Giannis get is a disrespect to the sport... We cover up for Giannis with these calls because he lacks a clear as day ability to shoot and the refs reward him for him creating contact without actually making a basketball play towards scoring... same with harden... It needs to stop but it wont... At this point if you are a young kid with size just drive and bully into people even if they have positioning etc... and if you are a shooter just throw your legs out... game over.

NYKalltheway
04-27-2019, 03:51 AM
Hasn't this been around for like 15 years now?

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 04:27 AM

Nope... Not to this degree... Now all a 3 point shooter has to do is throw their legs out or fall... i have never seen such stupidity in terms of nba and contesting 3 point shooting in my life.

NYKalltheway
04-27-2019, 04:33 AM
Honestly I've barely watched 48 minutes worth of NBA highlights in the past 2 seasons so I don't really know the extent. I just hear that it's getting worse but it's been going downhill since 2005 so I'm not expecting any miracles. Just could not imagine how much worse it could go.

ewing
04-27-2019, 05:44 AM

Yes. The newest thing is actually protecting the jump shooter. You are no longer allowed to contest 3 pointers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
04-27-2019, 06:55 AM
I need a vid to clarify what you are talking about. Like a drive on the right lane line with the defense on his hip and he euros to the other side creating contact?

Heediot
04-28-2019, 04:53 PM
i don't like the blatant hand swiping and leniency on offensive push offs the players get when defenders can't even breath on a guy in general.

Heediot
04-28-2019, 06:14 PM
^^^

James Harden is a prime example as cheesy as he already is with the flopping. He is notorious for hand slapping defenders and pushing off. His game is based upon what can i deceive and get away with. Paul is my guy but he's the same to a smaller degree.

Chronz
04-28-2019, 06:18 PM
^^^

James Harden is a prime example as cheesy as he already is with the flopping. He is notorious for hand slapping defenders and pushing off. His game is based upon what can i deceive and get away with. Paul is my guy but he's the same to a smaller degree.

KD gets alot of those too

Scoots
04-28-2019, 08:48 PM
It's not players, it's officiating. If the players couldn't get away with it they would stop doing it.

Cal827
04-28-2019, 11:30 PM
:laugh2: Houston during game 1 vs Golden State.

There were a couple there that you could argue should have been fouls on the Warriors, but the majority of what I saw was Harden Kicking out towards the defender.

Not trying to pick off, but Harden mentioned the risks of injuries of defenders being up tight like that, referring to Kawhi's injury.... Umm I don't think Kawhi kicked out and then Zaza got under him. Maybe I missed a play where he was referring to that, but I initially thought he was referring to that last 3 he tried to take :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 09:46 AM

There were a couple there that you could argue should have been fouls on the Warriors, but the majority of what I saw was Harden Kicking out towards the defender.

Not trying to pick off, but Harden mentioned the risks of injuries of defenders being up tight like that, referring to Kawhi's injury.... Umm I don't think Kawhi kicked out and then Zaza got under him. Maybe I missed a play where he was referring to that, but I initially thought he was referring to that last 3 he tried to take :laugh2:

didn't Kobe pick up an O-foul years ago for kicking that leg out?

Scoots
04-29-2019, 10:01 AM

CP3 steps under shooters all the time. Pretty disingenuous of Harden to complain about it.

Scoots
04-29-2019, 10:02 AM
didn't Kobe pick up an O-foul years ago for kicking that leg out?

Yeah, Reggie did too.