PDA

View Full Version : ECSF Series Thread: Raptors (2) vs Sixers (3) Raptors win series 4-3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

kdspurman
04-24-2019, 09:48 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/nfr710.jpg

Game 1 (at TOR): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 2 (at TOR): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 3 (at PHI): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 4 (at PHI): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 5* (at TOR): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 6* (at PHI): TBD -- TV: TBD

Game 7* (at TOR): TBD -- TV: TBD

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/227/thumbs/22772822016.gif

Projected Starting Lineup

PG: Kyle Lowry
SG: Danny Green
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Pascal Siakam
C: Marc Gasol

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/218/thumbs/21853122016.gif

Projected Starting Lineup

PG: Ben Simmons
SG: J.J. Reddick
SF: Jimmy Butler
PF: Tobias Harris
C: Joel Embiid

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Raps in 6. Gonna have the Philly crowd boo their team off the court.

zn23
04-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Raps in 6.

ewing
04-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Going Raps in 6. Joel will get the Sixers two but this is a tough match up for the Sixers imo. I think they would need some heroic moments from other guys and Joel to be a monster to pull this one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivera
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
This is going to be fun! I have Toronto coming out of the east (I still dont trust Boston yet) and I have them really challenging the Warriors. Im trying to convince myself they can and will beat the Warriors. I just am not all there yet.

Toronto is going to make things really tough on Philly and this is where I have banged my drum all season as to where the Ben Simmons problem rears its ugly head like it did last season vs Boston. Philly cant just out talent Toronto as Toronto has a bunch of talent on their team. Toronto matches up very well with Philly. Siakam's growth is what im excited to see most. Can he carry his swag from the Orlando series to the Philly series? Can he sustain averaging 20+ a game. Hes turned into Toronto's 2nd best player.

Im hyped to watch this series, it should be a lot of fun.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
This is the round Iíve been waiting for ... first round was like practice for the Bucks, Raptors, 76ers and Celtics. As far as Iím concerned the playoffs are just starting. Both the Bucks/Celtics & Raptors/76ers are gonna be epic match ups

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 11:23 AM
This is going to be fun! I have Toronto coming out of the east (I still dont trust Boston yet) and I have them really challenging the Warriors. Im trying to convince myself they can and will beat the Warriors. I just am not all there yet.

Toronto is going to make things really tough on Philly and this is where I have banged my drum all season as to where the Ben Simmons problem rears its ugly head like it did last season vs Boston. Philly cant just out talent Toronto as Toronto has a bunch of talent on their team. Toronto matches up very well with Philly. Siakam's growth is what im excited to see most. Can he carry his swag from the Orlando series to the Philly series? Can he sustain averaging 20+ a game. Hes turned into Toronto's 2nd best player.

Im hyped to watch this series, it should be a lot of fun.

Lowry really struggles against long athletic pgís and Simmons is probably the longest and most athletic pg in the league. I expect Simmons to have a big series actually.

Rivera
04-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Lowry really struggles against long athletic pgís and Simmons is probably the longest and most athletic pg in the league. I expect Simmons to have a big series actually.

I normally would be with you. But Lowry isnt the 2nd option any more. As you know, hes not really relyed to score anymore. Thats why you guys have KL/Siakam/Gasol/Green who can hit open Js/Van Fleet/Powell to get buckets. Lowry just needs to be steady, dont get into these crazy slumps he gets into

Lowry wont be guarding Ben, that will probably be Danny Green or Siakam guarding or i should say, playing center field against Ben. Lowry will be guarding JJ.

cmellofan15
04-24-2019, 11:57 AM
I really hope Embiid can last this whole series...

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 11:58 AM
I normally would be with you. But Lowry isnt the 2nd option any more. As you know, hes not really relyed to score anymore. Thats why you guys have KL/Siakam/Gasol/Green who can hit open Js/Van Fleet/Powell to get buckets. Lowry just needs to be steady, dont get into these crazy slumps he gets into

Lowry wont be guarding Ben, that will probably be Danny Green or Siakam guarding or i should say, playing center field against Ben. Lowry will be guarding JJ.

Fair enough thatís a good point we donít really need Lowry to go off offensively. The concern is not who Lowry is guarding rather who is guarding Lowry. He really struggles getting his shot off against those long athletic guards. but youíre right our main concern isnít with Lowry scoring. Just need him healthy and steady.

I hope that we have Geeen on Simmons and Siakam on Harris. Gasol/Ibaka are gonna have to do their best to slow down Embid who is really the biggest concern. Heís just a monster.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 11:59 AM
I really hope Embiid can last this whole series...

Could be the xfactor

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 12:06 PM
Why not Kawhi on Simmons? Simmons actually has confidence in the post season now so we should nip that right in the bud.

TheDish87
04-24-2019, 12:49 PM
Looking forward to more Butler vs Leonard. Call me a homer but Sixers in 6.

CasperX22
04-24-2019, 12:54 PM
I think this series goes 6 or 7 regardless of who wins it. Very well could end up being the most competitive series in the 2nd round.

Giannis94
04-24-2019, 01:14 PM
I vote lebron

buckalis
04-24-2019, 01:36 PM
I think this series goes 6 or 7 regardless of who wins it. Very well could end up being the most competitive series in the 2nd round.

It can't be... The Raptors have a clear bench advantage, they'll use a 9 player rotation with Van Vleet, Powell, Anunoby & Ibaka coming from bench and will hit hard on the Sixers bench...

I expect Gasol to play all minutes that Embiid is on the floor, Green on Simmons and then both Ibaka & Siakam on the floor when Embiid takes breaths and Marianovic is in... Most probably guarding Harris will be split between Siakam and Anunoby with Siakam's additional minutes being spend to team up with Ibaka when Embiid is out...

Raps 4-1 IMO...

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 01:44 PM
Is Amir healthy? If so I doubt Boban sees the floor this series. Our bigs arenít small enough for him to bully.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 01:51 PM
Is Amir healthy? If so I doubt Boban sees the floor this series. Our bigs arenít small enough for him to bully.

Your bigs other than Embiid are more slow and predictable than a turtle... No one needs size to guard them...

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Your bigs other than Embiid are more slow and predictable than a turtle... No one needs size to guard them...

Yeah Iím not a Sixer fan. Nice try though.

Rivera
04-24-2019, 02:03 PM
Fair enough thatís a good point we donít really need Lowry to go off offensively. The concern is not who Lowry is guarding rather who is guarding Lowry. He really struggles getting his shot off against those long athletic guards. but youíre right our main concern isnít with Lowry scoring. Just need him healthy and steady.

I hope that we have Geeen on Simmons and Siakam on Harris. Gasol/Ibaka are gonna have to do their best to slow down Embid who is really the biggest concern. Heís just a monster.

This is a bad sample size + its regular season BUT

Gasol v Embiid has played each other 5 times. In those 5 games, Embiid averaged 14 ppg, 12 boards, 3 assists, on 34% shooting from the field.

If I narrow down the 2 matchups from this season alone, Embiid averaged 14.5 ppg on below or right at 30% shooting.

again small sample size, and those 2 matchups, Gasol was in Memphis. (Phi went 1-1 vs Memphis this season, in the 1 Philly win, Philly won by 8, Gasol played 38 minutes to Embiids rounded up to 38 minutes.)

Granted, im willing to give Embiid the benefit of the doubt, as he is on another level these playoffs. But these stats say, Gasol could have a Horford like impact on Embiid where Embiid isnt the most efficient. Horford plays Embiid well, and these small sample sizes say Gasol plays Embiid very well as well.

Again, small sample size, Embiid has turned into a post season monster, but Gasol has enough vet expirence and is a great low post defender to bother Embiid.

Man I cannot wait for this series to start!!!

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Why not Kawhi on Simmons? Simmons actually has confidence in the post season now so we should nip that right in the bud.

Because butler can not go off

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 02:08 PM
It can't be... The Raptors have a clear bench advantage, they'll use a 9 player rotation with Van Vleet, Powell, Anunoby & Ibaka coming from bench and will hit hard on the Sixers bench...

I expect Gasol to play all minutes that Embiid is on the floor, Green on Simmons and then both Ibaka & Siakam on the floor when Embiid takes breaths and Marianovic is in... Most probably guarding Harris will be split between Siakam and Anunoby with Siakam's additional minutes being spend to team up with Ibaka when Embiid is out...

Raps 4-1 IMO...

OG is injured

buckalis
04-24-2019, 02:09 PM
Yeah Iím not a Sixer fan. Nice try though.

Then It goes to Sixers fans.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 02:11 PM
This is a bad sample size + its regular season BUT

Gasol v Embiid has played each other 5 times. In those 5 games, Embiid averaged 14 ppg, 12 boards, 3 assists, on 34% shooting from the field.

If I narrow down the 2 matchups from this season alone, Embiid averaged 14.5 ppg on below or right at 30% shooting.

again small sample size, and those 2 matchups, Gasol was in Memphis. (Phi went 1-1 vs Memphis this season, in the 1 Philly win, Philly won by 8, Gasol played 38 minutes to Embiids rounded up to 38 minutes.)

Granted, im willing to give Embiid the benefit of the doubt, as he is on another level these playoffs. But these stats say, Gasol could have a Horford like impact on Embiid where Embiid isnt the most efficient. Horford plays Embiid well, and these small sample sizes say Gasol plays Embiid very well as well.

Again, small sample size, Embiid has turned into a post season monster, but Gasol has enough vet expirence and is a great low post defender to bother Embiid.

Man I cannot wait for this series to start!!!

Yeah, I think we traded for Gasol for that reason and I think heíll do a decent job but I also think Embiid could very well go off at any time.

TheDish87
04-24-2019, 02:15 PM

Amir is healthy but there is about 0 chance he sees the floor. Bolden or Monroe will prob get some burn at C if needed but more likely itsll be small ball if boban and Embiid are both out. Boban didnt even bully the Nets much donw low, they give him open mid range shots and he buried them all.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I think we traded for Gasol for that reason and I think heíll do a decent job but I also think Embiid could very well go off at any time.

You did trade for Gasol as to be able to cope with Embiid... Mark is too experienced for Embiid to bully no matter if he (Joel) has his best game or not...

Minutes will equal one player the other, but expect Embiid to be excausted earlier as the game progresses... Raps 4-1.

aman_13
04-24-2019, 02:56 PM
My concern is the Raptors getting into foul trouble. Marc gets some tough calls against him and they will need him out there every time Embiid is in.

For whatever reason he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt for someone who has won DPOY.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Amir is healthy but there is about 0 chance he sees the floor. Bolden or Monroe will prob get some burn at C if needed but more likely itsll be small ball if boban and Embiid are both out. Boban didnt even bully the Nets much donw low, they give him open mid range shots and he buried them all.

Forgot you guys had Moose now and I have no idea who Bolden is. God I hope you guys play Moose.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 03:16 PM
My concern is the Raptors getting into foul trouble. Marc gets some tough calls against him and they will need him out there every time Embiid is in.

For whatever reason he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt for someone who has won DPOY.

He could have such a problem against Giannis (and he will), but not against Embiid... Just look at his performance against both this season.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 03:23 PM
Aside from Houston-Golden State (assuming it happens, not going to jinx the Rockets if I can avoid it), this is the second round series I've been most looking forward to. But I just haven't watched enough of the Raptors this year or this posteason to really get a feel for them or how it's going to play out. Both sides have players with histories of stepping up in the postseason and guys with reputations for shrinking in bigger moments. Both sides are stacked with multiple All-Star caliber players.

When all else fails, I usually look at regular season record and who is the higher seed. Toronto wins on both accounts, so I'll take the Raptors in 7. But I have very little confidence in that prediction, and I wouldn't be willing to bet $1 on it.

warfelg
04-24-2019, 04:56 PM
That Lowry-Redick matchup is the one to watch. Before the trade that brought us Tobias, they actually had the ability to hide Lowry some. But now if you put Green/Siakam on Simmons/Harris, that means itís up to Lowry to run with Reddick all game, which was Greens job in the past. And if they donít do that, it means Lowry on Simmons or Harris, both of which I believe are are an advantage for us.

I feel as though we still play Boban. His FTL play has opened up something in the offense. Our second unit of Butler-Ennis-Tobias-Scott-Boban has been stout, and can cause problems for the Raps bench.

ewing
04-24-2019, 05:17 PM

I think he is big enough to bully just about anyone.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 05:20 PM
That Lowry-Redick matchup is the one to watch.

No it's not.

Before the trade that brought us Tobias, they actually had the ability to hide Lowry some. But now if you put Green/Siakam on Simmons/Harris, that means itís up to Lowry to run with Reddick all game, which was Greens job in the past.

So what? They still have other alternatives in the bench when Reddick takes breaths and it won't be Siakam on Harris for the whole game... They'll use Anunoby too and use Siakam's rest of the minutes to kill you when Embiid is out. At least that's what I would do and I may know more basketball than anyone in here, but I don't know more than their coach... Still, remember I said that when you watch the series...

And if they donít do that, it means Lowry on Simmons or Harris, both of which I believe are are an advantage for us.

Forget about that, it's the naive thinking of the fan that hopes for an NBA coaching team being stupid.

I feel as though we still play Boban. His FTL play has opened up something in the offense. Our second unit of Butler-Ennis-Tobias-Scott-Boban has been stout, and can cause problems for the Raps bench.

Who ever you play when Embiid takes breaths, you're dead! They are not the Nets! Both Siakam and Ibaka will be on the floor when Embiid is out!

EDIT: Besides... They have so much more depth, that they may increase the minutes of Ibaka to some 25 and play some of him on Simmons, thus save some of Green's time and transfer Green on Reddick like they used to do and still have both Ibaka and Siakam on the court when Embiid takes breaths.

aman_13
04-24-2019, 05:55 PM
OG is not going to play in this series.

aman_13
04-24-2019, 05:56 PM
The match up game is so interesting. I think both sides have match ups that they can exploit. The Raptors bench has to be a lot better in this series.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 06:19 PM
OG is not going to play in this series.

I've checked that and it is correct... It means that Ibaka will be playing 30+M and some of these extra than his normal minutes will be on Harris... Sooo... Say 12mins for Ibaka on the floor when Embiid sits and then what? 10 more on Simmons and another 10 on Harris? No real difference for the Raps...

warfelg
04-24-2019, 07:49 PM
The match up game is so interesting. I think both sides have match ups that they can exploit. The Raptors bench has to be a lot better in this series.

Agree very much. Just like on the other end, Siakam has the ability to bully ball Harris around a bit. I wish we could have locked in Simmons on Kawhi, but Butlers pulling that task. Lowry is a hair too quick for Simmons.

Last I saw of Green heís more of a spot up shooter than screen runner, so Iím guessing JJ pulls that assignment and allows him to play more team defense. JJ is coming off a good defensive series too.

Mike Scottís heel scares me. Heís not a super consistent player, but he gives us good minutes along with Ennis. If heís not playing, I hope it means we do get more Butler on ball, Simmons off ball.

Gasols shooting means a PnR adjustment for us from last series. Iím guessing less sagging but more switching.

Alayla
04-24-2019, 08:02 PM
The health of scott is going to be pivotal for us to stand any chance here. We are too thin in terms of depth to be able to afford anyone missing games.

I'm gonna take a logical stance here and as many others have done say raptors in 6

goingfor28
04-24-2019, 08:02 PM
Philly in 6

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 08:08 PM
My heart says sixers in 2 but my head says raptors in 6 so i will split the difference and say sixers in 4 : )

in all honesty I feel like the raptors will take this in 6 but we def have a chance... i will post in here what i posted in the sixers area...

the key to the next series is ben simmons... we legit need to stick to the game plan we have used in this series because its our bread and butter... i have a really bad feeling we are gonna go back to putting ben inside and embiid outside because of how bad ben is against KL... I wouldnt do it... id stick to forcing embiid inside with butler running point when embiid sits with then ben inside....

over the last 3 games that we played the raptors ben simmons has 25 turnovers and chuck said KL owns space in bens head that ben basically didnt even want to dribble the ball with KL playing 5 feet off of him.

If ben tightens it up and we control our turnovers and we try and let embiid dominate and harris/butler shoot i think we will be fine.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 08:10 PM
Agree very much. Just like on the other end, Siakam has the ability to bully ball Harris around a bit. I wish we could have locked in Simmons on Kawhi, but Butlers pulling that task. Lowry is a hair too quick for Simmons.

Last I saw of Green heís more of a spot up shooter than screen runner, so Iím guessing JJ pulls that assignment and allows him to play more team defense. JJ is coming off a good defensive series too.

Mike Scottís heel scares me. Heís not a super consistent player, but he gives us good minutes along with Ennis. If heís not playing, I hope it means we do get more Butler on ball, Simmons off ball.

Gasols shooting means a PnR adjustment for us from last series. Iím guessing less sagging but more switching.

If scott is out we are in trouble... Our depth would actually be really limited without him on top of how bad of a matchup this is for us.

Alayla
04-24-2019, 08:11 PM
Philly in 6

what in the world is that take

zn23
04-24-2019, 08:44 PM
For the Sixers to win this series, they're going to have to steal one of the first two games. If they go down 0-2, I don't see them coming back to win.

crewfan13
04-24-2019, 09:46 PM
To me it's all about how well Philly shoots it. If Philly struggles to shoot it, Toronto is good enough defensively and heady enough to make Philly grind it out in the half court and keep the ball out of embiids hands as best they can. And if that's the case, I could see Toronto winning fairly comfortably. If Philly can shoot it well enough, it could be a great series.

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 10:18 PM
For the Sixers to win this series, they're going to have to steal one of the first two games. If they go down 0-2, I don't see them coming back to win.

The Sixers will win game 1 because the Raptors always lose game 1.

ewing
04-24-2019, 10:32 PM
To me it's all about how well Philly shoots it. If Philly struggles to shoot it, Toronto is good enough defensively and heady enough to make Philly grind it out in the half court and keep the ball out of embiids hands as best they can. And if that's the case, I could see Toronto winning fairly comfortably. If Philly can shoot it well enough, it could be a great series.

Yes missing is bad

TheDish87
04-25-2019, 09:06 AM

you think Lowry is too quick for Simmons? i think Ben will eat him up on both ends if they matchup.

TheDish87
04-25-2019, 09:09 AM
what in the world is that take

the right one

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 09:55 AM
you think Lowry is too quick for Simmons? i think Ben will eat him up on both ends if they matchup.

yup... bens defense will squash lowry at every turn... not even sure how anyone can even think other wise... its bens offense that is most concerning

smith&wesson
04-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Embiids health will be a huge factor he canít miss any games.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 10:21 AM
I will actually watch this series. Raps in 7

smith&wesson
04-25-2019, 10:23 AM

GS vs Houston, Boston vs Milwaukee, Philly vs Toronto ... I donít remember the last playoffs where I was as excited to watch 3 seriesí as much as Iím looking forward to these

buckalis
04-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Why you think that the Sixers can win three? I would bet 90% that they can't even win two... The mismatches are just too many in favor of the Raps, even if Anunoby will be missed a lot in the rotations.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 10:38 AM
GS vs Houston, Boston vs Milwaukee, Philly vs Toronto ... I donít remember the last playoffs where I was as excited to watch 3 seriesí as much as Iím looking forward to these

I can't stomach Houston, unfortunately.

buckalis
04-25-2019, 10:42 AM
not saying he will guard lowry i said HE COULD.

But he could not and will not...

TheDish87
04-25-2019, 11:09 AM
But he could not and will not...

you know literally nothing. Ben will land on Lowry at some point throughout the series even if briefly. christ you get more annoying by the post.

TheDish87
04-25-2019, 12:02 PM
ok. coach nurse

warfelg
04-25-2019, 12:12 PM
Simmons will take Siakam on defense, but he will be guarded by Siakam, Ibaka & Green as the Raps rotate... Lowery will take Reddick (a mismatch that favors the Raps), Butler will be on Kwahi and vise versa and Harris will take Siakam (another mismatch that favors the Raps). Gasol and Embid will spend the whole game together with equal minutes...

What's great about the modern internet is the ability to prove people wrong. Like you.

https://stats.nba.com/player/1627732/matchups/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Matchup=Defense&sort=TEAM_ABBR&dir=1

Simmons per game defensive breakdown on how many possessions he guarded each player:
Kawhi Leonard 27.0 possessions; OG Anunoby 13.7 Possessions; Pascal Siakam 13.3; Kyle Lowry 12.0; Danny Green 8.8; Fred Van Fleet 3.7; Norman Powell 3.3; Malachi Richardson 3.0; Serge Ibaka 2.7

So most likely it will be Simmons on Leonard.

Now running that the other way so who took Simmons offensively:
Leonard 38.3; OG Anunoby 18.3; Pascal Siakam 12.5; Danny Green 9.0; Norman Powell 4.3; Fred Van Fleet 3.5; Serge Ibaka 3.3

So the three guys you project to cover Simmons, combine for a total of 24.8 possessions per game on Simmons, still a full 14 possessions per game less than Kawhi.

Lowry around us have mostly been 'hidden' on defense, with his time defended being spent on Robert Covington, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Markelle Fultz, TJ McConnell, Furkan Korkmaz. Basically bad offensive players. Tobias Harris has been mostly covered by Siakam and Green when playing against Toronto. Butler has been mostly taken by Kawhi then Siakam, then Green.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 12:22 PM
Based on my research they will likely defend:
Simmons - Kawhi
Redick - Lowry
Butler - Green
Harris - Siakam
Embiid - Gasol

And on the flip, us guarding them:
Lowry - Butler
Green - Redick
Kawhi - Simmons
Siakam - Harris
Gasol - Embiid

buckalis
04-25-2019, 12:23 PM
What's great about the modern internet is the ability to prove people wrong. Like you.

https://stats.nba.com/player/1627732/matchups/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Matchup=Defense&sort=TEAM_ABBR&dir=1

Simmons per game defensive breakdown on how many possessions he guarded each player:
Kawhi Leonard 27.0 possessions; OG Anunoby 13.7 Possessions; Pascal Siakam 13.3; Kyle Lowry 12.0; Danny Green 8.8; Fred Van Fleet 3.7; Norman Powell 3.3; Malachi Richardson 3.0; Serge Ibaka 2.7

So most likely it will be Simmons on Leonard.

Now running that the other way so who took Simmons offensively:
Leonard 38.3; OG Anunoby 18.3; Pascal Siakam 12.5; Danny Green 9.0; Norman Powell 4.3; Fred Van Fleet 3.5; Serge Ibaka 3.3

So the three guys you project to cover Simmons, combine for a total of 24.8 possessions per game on Simmons, still a full 14 possessions per game less than Kawhi.

Lowry around us have mostly been 'hidden' on defense, with his time defended being spent on Robert Covington, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala, Markelle Fultz, TJ McConnell, Furkan Korkmaz. Basically bad offensive players. Tobias Harris has been mostly covered by Siakam and Green when playing against Toronto. Butler has been mostly taken by Kawhi then Siakam, then Green.

1. There is a mistake in my post, on which I have edited upon... I say Siakam twice, which can't be and obviously one is Green...

2. This "analysis" is crap... guarding possessions is a team process and is different than the player you guard upon, so that he doesn't score...

warfelg
04-25-2019, 12:44 PM
Haha. Taking 5 minutes to do research is crap. Randomly spewing out stuff is the real work!!

Rivera
04-25-2019, 03:17 PM
That Lowry-Redick matchup is the one to watch. Before the trade that brought us Tobias, they actually had the ability to hide Lowry some. But now if you put Green/Siakam on Simmons/Harris, that means itís up to Lowry to run with Reddick all game, which was Greens job in the past. And if they donít do that, it means Lowry on Simmons or Harris, both of which I believe are are an advantage for us.

You dont think Lowry will be able to run around screens and chase Reddick all game long?

TheDish87
04-25-2019, 03:49 PM
its not an easy task. not like JJ needs much room to make a 3

warfelg
04-25-2019, 03:49 PM
You dont think Lowry will be able to run around screens and chase Reddick all game long?

I think he could, I'm interested in how it effects his full game. I clicked into the Nets broadcast one game and they were talking about Joe Harris's poor games 1 and 3 coming from chasing JJ all over the court and not having the energy to shoot.

Another reason I'm interested is do they switch defenders at times or does he try to fight through screens. If they are switching we might be able to find some better matchups. If they don't, JJ could get some good looks.

Of course the other alternative is run the risk of Lowry on Harris and let Green run with Redick like they did the early matchups.

crewfan13
04-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Yes missing is bad

Yep, exactly what I said. Great job adding to the conversation. Shooting has always been Phillys issue. They had a stretch against Brooklyn where they went 27 minutes without hitting a 3. But Brooklyn couldn't pull away. Do that against any of the teams remaining in the playoffs, whether it's this round, next round or the finals and they're probably losing the game.

Of their main rotation guys, Philly has 2 guys who shot it this year with Philly at over 35% from 3. The other 3 teams in the east all have 4+ guys in their regular rotation that shoot it that well from 3. Everyone has a weakness in the playoffs, but shooting is a big one for Philly and it's definitely something that could tank them.

buckalis
04-25-2019, 04:28 PM
I think he could, I'm interested in how it effects his full game. I clicked into the Nets broadcast one game and they were talking about Joe Harris's poor games 1 and 3 coming from chasing JJ all over the court and not having the energy to shoot.

Another reason I'm interested is do they switch defenders at times or does he try to fight through screens. If they are switching we might be able to find some better matchups. If they don't, JJ could get some good looks.

Of course the other alternative is run the risk of Lowry on Harris and let Green run with Redick like they did the early matchups.

I have to admit you are the more reasonable out of all Sixers fans in this forum... who simply know nothing on basketball...

Forget about the regular season... they were "testing" things there and in the earlier season you didn't have Harris... They will risk no "Lowery on Harris" as you say... In fact they simply "won't risk"... They will rotate the trio of Siakam, Green and Ibaka on your "duo" of Simmons and Harris and will end up having both Ibaka and Siakam on the floor when Gasol and Embiid are resting in the bench...

The only match up that your coach has a chance on, is with Butler and Kwahi... If he can achieve to win this (extremely difficult imo), then you have a chance...

However... Having the Raps, you are extremely lucky you don't have the Bucks... Cause then you would have Giannis having a party against Simmons, Mirotic destroying Harris, Embiid guarded by Lopez, Butler by Middleton and Reddick by Bledsoe... and then Hill, Brogdon, Brown and Ilyasova coming from bench to "finish" you... It would be 4-0 with +10 point differential against the Bucks and Giannis scoring ...60!

EDIT: + you are very, very, very, VERY lucky... They won't have Anunoby...

R. Johnson#3
04-25-2019, 04:52 PM

Sticking Lowry on JJ all game will be tough but it might be what we have to do. I think the situation will dictate really. Danny Green is MUCH better than Lowry at fighting through screens so I imagine if JJ gets hot then Green will be on him 100%. Aside from game 2 Lowry has taken it relatively easy on offence this post season so he may be able to dedicate some more burn on his defence. Either way it's going to be tough.

Rivera
04-25-2019, 05:03 PM

Gotcha!

I understand and I do agree with your point. Logically makes sense, add that to Lowrys playoff shooting slumps, could be a problem for Toronto.

The only thing I will counter with is something I mentioned earlier in this thread. Lowry is not the #2 option on the Raps anymore. That belongs to Siakam now. Lowry doesnt need to do much offensevly for the Raps to win other than stay steady and dont get into any crazy shooting slumps, hit that open J more often than not. Hes their # 3 option, so he really isnt relied to score like he used to be. His main impact now is running the offense and playing stout defense. He has an argument for 1st team all NBA defense this year (personally, I have him in the 2nd or 3rd team, it was a tough coin flip).

As the #3 option, for the Orlando series, he wasnt that far ahead of Danny Green, Ibaka, Powell, VanVleet in terms of taking shots, Toronto does a good job spreading the ball and multiple people getting many shots

aman_13
04-25-2019, 05:07 PM
Based on my research they will likely defend:
Simmons - Kawhi
Redick - Lowry
Butler - Green
Harris - Siakam
Embiid - Gasol

And on the flip, us guarding them:
Lowry - Butler
Green - Redick
Kawhi - Simmons
Siakam - Harris
Gasol - EmbiidYup. That's how I envisioned the match ups playing, at least for the Raptors.

aman_13
04-25-2019, 05:15 PM
Look for Powell and Fred to chase Redick. They were tasked to impede Ross in the Magic series. The Raptors like to switch and with the high use of the pick and roll, switching is inevitable anyway. Lowry will find himself guarding bigger bodies. However, exploiting him won't be as easy as you think. He makes it tough and the Raptors will most likely be aggressive with their double teams.

However, the Sixers can certainly make it tough on the Raptors and it won't be as easy to recover defensively when they do send double teams. The Raptors got away with giving up open threes to the Magic and they can't do that against the Sixers.

edit: apologies on the spelling and grammar errors. It drives me crazy.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 05:56 PM
Gotcha!

I understand and I do agree with your point. Logically makes sense, add that to Lowrys playoff shooting slumps, could be a problem for Toronto.

The only thing I will counter with is something I mentioned earlier in this thread. Lowry is not the #2 option on the Raps anymore. That belongs to Siakam now. Lowry doesnt need to do much offensevly for the Raps to win other than stay steady and dont get into any crazy shooting slumps, hit that open J more often than not. Hes their # 3 option, so he really isnt relied to score like he used to be. His main impact now is running the offense and playing stout defense. He has an argument for 1st team all NBA defense this year (personally, I have him in the 2nd or 3rd team, it was a tough coin flip).

As the #3 option, for the Orlando series, he wasnt that far ahead of Danny Green, Ibaka, Powell, VanVleet in terms of taking shots, Toronto does a good job spreading the ball and multiple people getting many shots

Siakam's development has been the biggest difference for them this playoffs. Like you said. Pushes Lowry to the 3rd offensive player role, which means bring up the ball, distribute, find the spot.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 05:58 PM
Yup. That's how I envisioned the match ups playing, at least for the Raptors.

Yea, and that's what I would like to see from our end, with maybe swapping and going:
Lowry - Harris
Kawhi - Butler
Siakam - Simmons

Either way, I really do think it looks from both sides like you can come up for a reason for every one of those to be a matchup the fan of that team likes it.

ewing
04-25-2019, 06:42 PM

Guarding JJ is a full time job. I think it will take a little out of anyone. I always felt the same about Reggie and Rip. It take a lot of focus and running

ewing
04-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Yep, exactly what I said. Great job adding to the conversation. Shooting has always been Phillys issue. They had a stretch against Brooklyn where they went 27 minutes without hitting a 3. But Brooklyn couldn't pull away. Do that against any of the teams remaining in the playoffs, whether it's this round, next round or the finals and they're probably losing the game.

Of their main rotation guys, Philly has 2 guys who shot it this year with Philly at over 35% from 3. The other 3 teams in the east all have 4+ guys in their regular rotation that shoot it that well from 3. Everyone has a weakness in the playoffs, but shooting is a big one for Philly and it's definitely something that could tank them.

Like I said

smith&wesson
04-26-2019, 12:18 PM
I can't stomach Houston, unfortunately.

Warriors will handle them.. but itíll be a fun series

GREATNESS ONE
04-27-2019, 12:55 PM
I think Philly shocks everyone and beats Toronto in 6/7

buckalis
04-27-2019, 01:05 PM
I've been right every series, this one I cannot wait to watch!!! I think Philly shocks everyone and beats Toronto in 6/7

Yeah... you've been right on every comment of yours on the Lakers! :D :D

By the way... Would you want Middleton on the Lakers, or should I go "shake my can" elsewhere? :D:D :D:D

bucketss
04-27-2019, 03:25 PM
ben Simmons fluke 3 incoming,

Bostonjorge
04-27-2019, 05:46 PM
I like the Sixers to win in 7. I would put Butler on Leonard and Simmons on Siakam.

buckalis
04-27-2019, 05:53 PM
I like the Sixers to win in 7. I would put Butler on Leonard and Simmons on Siakam.

You aren't passing the Bucks anyway, so why wish on playing the easier out of the others in the next round? It will be the Bucks playing the Raps in any case! :D

ewing
04-27-2019, 06:59 PM
I honestly have watched the Raps enough to have an opinion on this series. I think they have better defensive match ups then most for the Sixers stats but that doesnít mean they are better. Is Gasol does a better job but still gets out played by Joel thatís still a good match up for Philly. Should be a fun series. Gl to both fan bases.

GREATNESS ONE
04-27-2019, 07:26 PM
:jumpy: here we goooo!!! excited about this game

zn23
04-27-2019, 07:39 PM
9-0 run by the Raps.

Siakam shouldn't help out on Simmons. Leonard shut him down by himself, he should just stick with Harris.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:47 PM
literally everything has gone their way and our defense has stunk... the ball is just rolling their way

CasperX22
04-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Sixers better find some defense quick.

ewing
Sikam might be the most underrated player in the league

More-Than-Most
KL..... my god

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:49 PM
our defense is ****ing trash right now and the raptors cant mis anything.

zn23
04-27-2019, 07:50 PM
Kawhi Leonard is imposing his will.

He's the best player in this series.

bucketss
04-27-2019, 07:51 PM
kawhi jordan comparisons are accurate tbh

zn23
JJ Redick looks scared to me and Embiid is showing too much respect to Gasol. Philly badly needs Embiid to play well.

Heediot
raps running circles around philly

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:52 PM
he is so ****ing nuts come the playoffs.

Alayla
Kawhi Leonard is imposing his will.

He's the best player in this series.

That's not surprising considering he's the best player in the NBA.

zn23
Raps have never had a player like Kawhi ever. There's a massive difference between him and Derozan. If this is the last we see of him with the Raps, it's been a pleasure.

ewing
04-27-2019, 07:53 PM
our defense is ****ing trash right now and the raptors cant mis anything.

They hit some contested shots, moved it well, and had some good takes. Please give some credit to the other teams offense sometimes

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:54 PM
we shouldnt have bolden in man.... his defense is so bad.

Lil Rhody
04-27-2019, 07:54 PM
we shouldnt have bolden in man.... his defense is so bad.Sixers getting swept brah brah ;)

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:55 PM
lol bolden on siak... my god

ewing
raps running circles around philly

JJ has been very inconsistent as a playoff performer. To his credit he always draws attention and moves with out the ball.

More-Than-Most
omfg joel... holy ****

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:57 PM
boban is gonna have to come up big... gasol and ibaka are making embiid work even when he doesnt have the ball and its going to drain him so much

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:57 PM
that was all ball gtfo

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:58 PM
ball dont lie.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 07:59 PM
being down 8 isnt that bad considering the raptors shot 70 plus percent with 0 turnovers lol

CasperX22
04-27-2019, 08:00 PM
Raps have never had a player like Kawhi ever. There's a massive difference between him and Derozan. If this is the last we see of him with the Raps, it's been a pleasure.

Kinda annoys me the Sixers couldn't pull off a trade for him.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:00 PM
How was that an and 1. Felt the same on Lowryís finish

CasperX22
04-27-2019, 08:01 PM
All in all the 1st could have been worse. Philly needs to figure out their match-ups on the defensive end.

aman_13
04-27-2019, 08:01 PM
This is going to be a crazy series.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:02 PM
boban is gonna have to come up big... gasol and ibaka are making embiid work even when he doesnt have the ball and its going to drain him so much

I donít think Boban can be in the floor at the same time as Gasol. Marc size limits his offense and his passing will expose him in screen role. Both guys will be happy when he sits. Philly should really work to get fouls on Marc.

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:02 PM
Raps defense has to be better. Harris has gotten 2 wide open 3s and made both. Both in transition, but they have to stay on him.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:04 PM
just keep it close and play smart.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:05 PM
come on JJ we need you to not be ****ing trash man

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Raps defense has to be better. Harris has gotten 2 wide open 3s and made both. Both in transition, but they have to stay on him.

I think the one in transition was even contested and the floor wasnít balanced bc KL missed a layup and fell under the basket. Sometimes itís the other team playing good

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:08 PM
Ibaka, Powell and Freddie have been terrible off the bench and brought Sixers back into this game.

More-Than-Most
they are so physical with embiid man. I love it... He needs to feel this type of physical pressure and learn from it.

ewing
Heavy mins for the Sixers starters earily.

More-Than-Most
JJ Redick continues his trash shooting.

CasperX22
04-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Here we go.

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:10 PM
Marc Gasol needs to get back into this game and Ibaka needs to head to the bench ASAP.

Ibaka has been disastrous.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:10 PM
Heavy mins for the Sixers starters earily.

we will have no choice esp missing mike scott... the only shot we have is if joel plays every game and i dont think he will with gasol and ibaka being this physical on an already hurt embiid

CasperX22
04-27-2019, 08:11 PM
JJ Redick continues his trash shooting.

When he goes cold like this I almost wish he would quit shooting, but we need him.

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:11 PM
The Sixers have gotten back into this game by feasting the very poor bench play from the Raps. Everyone on the Raps bench is negative.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:12 PM
Raps bench getting bullied

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:13 PM
boban in... keep it within 7 with boban in please

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:13 PM
stupid boban right there.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:14 PM
yea we cant play boban man.... joel gonna have to die in this series lmfao

GREATNESS ONE
04-27-2019, 08:14 PM
yea we cant play boban man.... joel gonna have to die in this series lmfao

:laugh2:

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:15 PM
:laugh2:

lol its gonna get so ugly when joel sits... gasol and ibaka will shred boby

GREATNESS ONE
04-27-2019, 08:15 PM
Kawhi Leonard is so ****ing good

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:16 PM
yup... joel has to come back... we have no defense inside at all... it took less then 2 minutes to go from a 1 point deficit to down 8.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:16 PM
So far Marc looks pivotal

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:17 PM
bretts gonna have to figure something out... but i am not sure what exactly... you cant play joel 40 minutes every game... i mean id rather have ben on gasol which would be bad as well but what option do we have.

Heediot
04-27-2019, 08:17 PM
lol drake crippin it down tonight.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:18 PM
i loved adding boby but i feel like elton should have thought about this ahead of time... brett is shackled this series with who his backup center is and the raptors basically having the ability to always have 1 of gasol/ibaka out there.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:20 PM
i loved adding boby but i feel like elton should have thought about this ahead of time... brett is shackled this series with who his backup center is and the raptors basically having the ability to always have 1 of gasol/ibaka out there.

Boban can hurt Serge with his size and if you want to match down you also have Monroe. Thatís a pretty good rotation.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:21 PM
can we please put embiid in... how many ****ing times are we gonna watch KL/Lowry etc get a layup with boban

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:22 PM
gtfo with that foul call.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:23 PM
i feel like ben needs to cover KL... Butler doesnt have the length.

basch152
04-27-2019, 08:23 PM
what a flop by lowry

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:24 PM
man... dont like to see scott in a boot.. ****

More-Than-Most
yea that wasnt a foul... embiids feet tripped himself really

ewing
Joel getting the star call

basch152
04-27-2019, 08:25 PM
yea that wasnt a foul... embiids feet tripped himself really

they always call that **** though, and it drives me nuts

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:25 PM
why is bolden in... i just dont get it.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:26 PM
i feel like ben needs to cover KL... Butler doesnt have the length.

They have both been over powered a couple times. KL is a phyical beast

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:26 PM
KL is a ****ing monster

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:27 PM
joel and gasol going at it man wow lol

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:28 PM
can you please take bolden out... PLEASE

More-Than-Most
like how many times do we need to watch bolden get burned on defense...

ewing
Simmons carried on that cross over [emoji3]

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:29 PM
ben simmons is playing really well.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:30 PM
Finally call a charge the one time I thought it was a block. At least theyíbe been missing it on both ends

More-Than-Most
welp fun half... gasol and joel are destroying each other inside... joel has gotten no calls but hope that changes... ben is playing well and KL is a god... my only issue with brett is bolden cant play against this team... he has killed us every minute he has seen the floor because of his defense.

CasperX22
Just plant Gasol on those screens. How many times we gonna let him shuffle his feet?

warfelg
04-27-2019, 08:31 PM
Jonah Bolden is useless.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:31 PM
ben simmons is playing really well.

That tip was impressive. Heís picked his spots well.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:32 PM
i feel like as bad as JSimmons is and as rookie as smith is they are better defensive options over bolden.

FlakeyFool
Sixers having issues with raps defense

Gasol is embiids daddy

More-Than-Most
Jonah Bolden is useless.

yup... he is killing us... not having scott hurts so much

Heediot
sixers 52 leonard-siakim 49.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:33 PM
i feel like as bad as JSimmons is and as rookie as smith is they are better defensive options over bolden.

Simmons is a very very good defender

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Lowry a plus 15. beast

warfelg
04-27-2019, 08:35 PM
yup... he is killing us... not having scott hurts so much

Yup. Wants to be Lou Williams with Lonzo Balls shot.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:36 PM
well gasol/embiid is def fun... looks like old school basketball everytime they matchup.

KL is just a ****ing monster man... get that dude out of the east

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:37 PM
they arent giving joel calls but they really arent giving gasol them either... i have no issues with that if they are gonna let them just beat the piss out of each other.

tredigs
04-27-2019, 08:38 PM
Raps have the 2 best players on the court to be honest. Siakim is such a monster. Bucks/Raps gonna be amazing.

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:39 PM
I'm encouraged by the start, but... The Bench has 0 points and the contribution has been overall negative.

The bench has to play better when Kawhi and Siakam go off the floor.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:40 PM
getting gasol in that trade was just so ****ing smart

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:40 PM
I'm encouraged by the start, but... The Bench has 0 points and the contribution has been overall negative.

The bench has to play better when Kawhi and Siakam go off the floor.

lol on the other side i am encouraged as well because embiid will get his legs going and KL/Siak has to eventually miss

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:41 PM
by the laws of nature siak and KL cant stay inferno forever

aman_13

The bench has to play better when Kawhi and Siakam go off the floor.To be fair, they are not in rythmn. It's been the Kawhi and Siakam show so far. The Raptors haven't really got into their offense. It's been a lot of down hill action so far. This looks like it will be a long series. We are only getting started.

More-Than-Most
ate taco bell... might not be able to watch the 2nd half now : ( my god my stomach

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:43 PM
the only version of lebron that beats these raptors is prime lebron.... even if lebron was healthy in the east this year they would have spanked him

Bostonjorge
04-27-2019, 08:43 PM
Great day of basketball

Jamiecballer
04-27-2019, 08:47 PM
Lowry a plus 15. beast

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDude is a great floor general.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:47 PM
baby jordan gonna drop 60 man

R. Johnson#3
04-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Would you look at that! Gasol is clowning Embiid!

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:48 PM
come on man dont give KL that call he was out of control

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:49 PM
Would you look at that! Gasol is clowning Embiid!

look at that a troll that just turned the game on and ran to see the box score.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:50 PM
jimmy needs to not play like that... way to many turnovers from us man

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:51 PM
JJ is turning it on man

Jamiecballer
Is jimmy Butler in this game

zn23
Nice flop JJ,...

More-Than-Most
Is jimmy Butler in this game

this is what he does at times... he tries to let everyone get involved.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Nice flop JJ,...

he went to the school of lowry : )

R. Johnson#3
look at that a troll that just turned the game on and ran to see the box score.

Nah, I watched Joel try to body him up and fail then had a nap for the 2nd Q lol.

ewing
Nice flop JJ,...

I didnít like the call either

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:53 PM
why arent we trying to go to embiid inside.... i dont get it... everyone is just standing around behind the perimeter.

More-Than-Most
lol they busted JJ lip and we get the T.

ewing
Gasol has been fantastic

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:54 PM
No need for the quick tech

R. Johnson#3
04-27-2019, 08:54 PM
Poor JJ. You can only flop once from Danny Green touching your face.

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:55 PM
Replay on this really?

warfelg
They were calling that a flagrant last series. :shrug:

More-Than-Most
why is this a shooting foul exactly?

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 08:56 PM
so now they are gonna call everything against us :laugh:

alright

zn23
04-27-2019, 08:57 PM
I'm going to hold my breath when the Raps make their first substitution.

ewing
Refs letting everyone know they are here

warfelg
And then the same thing the other way and the call isn't consistent.

FlakeyFool
04-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Someone get reddick a tissue

ewing
How do you stop the refs from thinking they are the stars of the show

More-Than-Most
this is why i hate the nba.. as soon as the refs want to they make the game about them... why not keep it the same way it was in the first half? such ********

FlakeyFool
Raps defense is tight

FlakeyFool
04-27-2019, 08:59 PM

Give them a tv show on hbo

ewing
04-27-2019, 08:59 PM
And then the same thing the other way and the call isn't consistent.

They called it two out of three time and it should be a play on.

tredigs
04-27-2019, 09:00 PM
Joel 4-13 :laugh: He's 7'2" jesus.

R. Johnson#3
why is this a shooting foul exactly?

Because he hacked at his arm.

warfelg

Fine them and suspend them for piss poor calls.

R. Johnson#3
Joel 4-13 :laugh: He's 7'2" jesus.

Don't worry, Gasol is past his prime and won't cripple him.

Heediot
siakims playoff run and upside is what will tip the scales in kawhi staying. sky's the limit for him. kawhi knows as he was kinda in the same boat with how he developed (although he was less raw coming into the League).

CasperX22
I'd like to see someone just fire a ball at one of the refs faces. Ridiculous.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:01 PM
holy **** we went to embiid inside.... good ****... only too half a game.

R. Johnson#3
04-27-2019, 09:02 PM
What a nice out of control spin move by Embiid.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:02 PM
gasol is just a monster man... him and embiid just cancel each other out on offense at this point because of their defense... butler needs to try and take over.

R. Johnson#3
04-27-2019, 09:03 PM
Kawhi isn't human.

Jamiecballer
What the **** is a korkmas

R. Johnson#3
gasol is just a monster man... him and embiid just cancel each other out on offense at this point because of their defense... butler needs to try and take over.

I told ya Gasol has his number defensively. After watching him give it to Vucevic for 5 games I was prepping for this.

EDIT: Gasol doesn't score a lot ever on offence anymore. He just keeps the ball moving really. Embiid doesn't have to do a whole lot on the defensive end.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:04 PM
What the **** is a korkmas

a terrible basketball player who hasnt played in 4ever yet we are using in these playoffs against an insane bench because... yolo

FlakeyFool
04-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Gasol is embiids daddy

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:05 PM
I told ya Gasol has his number defensively. After watching him give it to Vucevic for 5 games I was prepping for this.

its also more on the sixers as well ... we arent calling many plays for him inside and its because he has to play a **** ton and is injured. He cant bang inside all game but will more as the series gets going. He started slow the first game out the gate last series and dominated in the rest

ewing
04-27-2019, 09:06 PM
siakims playoff run and upside is what will tip the scales in kawhi staying. sky's the limit for him. kawhi knows as he was kinda in the same boat with how he developed (although he was less raw coming into the League).

Both guys dribble right at you and pull it right in your face. two of the most physically gifted wings in the league

FlakeyFool
Phillys got some scrub bench players

More-Than-Most
why is this the unit we are ****ing running... like why is ennis and korkmaz on the ****ing floor

R. Johnson#3
its also more on the sixers as well ... we arent calling many plays for him inside and its because he has to play a **** ton and is injured. He cant bang inside all game but will more as the series gets going. He started slow the first game out the gate last series and dominated in the rest

You're not calling plays for Joel inside because Gasol won't let him get in there.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:07 PM
brett how about you dont wait for the series against this team to experiment with ****ing korkmaz.

R. Johnson#3
Kawhi and Spicy P crushing Philly souls right there.

Jamiecballer
That **** was spicy

FlakeyFool
The klaw

FlakeyFool
04-27-2019, 09:08 PM
I like korkmaz

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:08 PM
we have decided to wait until we played an insane team to play bolden/korkmaz lololololololololololololol

ewing
04-27-2019, 09:09 PM

Idk I think he might feel more comfortable trying to take Marc facing up. Gasol is no joke in the post

PhillySportFan
Every problem we have stems from the same issue. We let every team do what they want, our defense is pathetic. I'd be happy if we took more fouls.

More-Than-Most
I like korkmaz

he is ***... has barely played all season got injured and came back and got no minutes because he is awful.... so with all that clear as day improvement he deserves to play in this series.

PhillySportFan
04-27-2019, 09:10 PM
we have decided to wait until we played an insane team to play bolden/korkmaz lololololololololololololol

To be fair we don't have Mike Scott, that's prob why.

Heediot
Both guys dribble right at you and pull it right in your face. two of the most physically gifted wings in the league

arguably two of the best two way guys in the L. in the mix with giannis and pg.

CasperX22
We need Ben Simmons to step up.

More-Than-Most
Idk I think he might feel more comfortable trying to take Marc facing up. Gasol is no joke in the post

i dont disagree with the logic but i knew this dumb **** would happen... we tried this same dumb **** before and its better to just have joel inside trying to dominate because its our bread and butter... when we try to go against this we suck... let him post against gasol and if we lose playing to our skill set then you tip your cap.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:11 PM
To be fair we don't have Mike Scott, that's prob why.

there is no reason to ever play korkmaz... id rather see TJ/JSimmons out there

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:11 PM
i wish we got the call KL just got.

R. Johnson#3
04-27-2019, 09:12 PM
Our defence is no joke tonight.

More-Than-Most
04-27-2019, 09:12 PM
lol whats the excuse now people? ben inside embiid outsdie with ****ing ibaka on the floor. I ****ING KNEW WE WOULD DO THIS **** to start this series... ****ING STOP

FlakeyFool
04-27-2019, 09:13 PM
We need Ben Simmons to step up.

He was out late last night

R. Johnson#3
i wish we got the call KL just got.

:laugh:

Well then someone on your team will have to be able to drive.

warfelg
Leonard has the same number of FT attempts as the Sixers as a team....

More-Than-Most
:laugh:

Well then someone on your team will have to be able to drive.

ben and butler has driven multiple times and got no calls with more contact.... please stop.

ewing
04-27-2019, 09:14 PM
Does Simmons yell ďand oneĒ every time he shoots?

zn23
Embiid has a limited skillset as far as post moves go. He doesn't have that go-to move. It's all just power. It makes him easier to defend when you have some length.

R. Johnson#3
ben and butler has driven multiple times and got no calls with more contact.... please stop.

Ive seen lots of drive and kicks but nobody really going up. You won't get calls that way.

warfelg
Does Simmons yell ďand oneĒ every time he shoots?

Nope. He complains about non-calls but he does pick his spots of when to do it.