PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Durant deserves a break

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 02:49 AM
I mean he basically was telling us why he was leaving and russ has shown us for 3 years now exactly why he left... Now I am not a fan in the least of what durant did but if i put myself in his shoes and i did everything i could for years to win and had my legs cut out from under me i myself might take the easy way out too. I feel like we only looked at the team he went to and not the situation he was currently in and how much he himself put into that team for them to constantly fail year after year.... I am not saying Durant going to the warriors isnt a ***** move because i still think it was I am just saying westy is basically proving his decision and everything he said completely right.

Alayla
04-24-2019, 02:59 AM
I mean he basically was telling us why he was leaving and russ has shown us for 3 years now exactly why he left... Now I am not a fan in the least of what durant did but if i put myself in his shoes and i did everything i could for years to win and had my legs cut out from under me i myself might take the easy way out too. I feel like we only looked at the team he went to and not the situation he was currently in and how much he himself put into that team for them to constantly fail year after year.... I am not saying Durant going to the warriors isnt a ***** move because i still think it was I am just saying westy is basically proving his decision and everything he said completely right.

Lets not make excuses here they had a comfortable lead on golden state and should have beaten them and then they choked if durant was anything special they win that series. The man is given way to much credit he just wanted a free ride from a much better player in Curry.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 03:55 AM
^^^^^Yeah. The Durant hate, from almost everyone Iíve seen, isnít that he left, itís that he joined <you-know-the-rest>

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 04:01 AM
Lets not make excuses here they had a comfortable lead on golden state and should have beaten them and then they choked if durant was anything special they win that series. The man is given way to much credit he just wanted a free ride from a much better player in Curry.

yea but again how great has PG13 really been in the playoffs since joining westy? That is my point.

Heediot
04-24-2019, 05:56 AM
We all crucified Melo too? How much better were the Thunder in the loffs this year vs. last year. Melo was the scapegoat for Houston and OKC, at the end of the day, we've seen OKC not being any better without Melo. Houston was just struggling as a whole to begin the season and surge and peaked at the right time. I don't think Melo was the difference for neither teams either way, but he might've been able to push the Blazers series further if he got lit in a few games this year.

If OKC traded for RW for Paul and kept Harden, Hired D'Antoni. Cp3-Harden-KD-Adams would be the Rox now on roids. PJ Tucker would of signed there somehow lol.

Heediot
04-24-2019, 06:06 AM
^^^ Cp would of perfect for KD. Knows how to set him on the Pick Pop/Roll. Knows how to play off ball like he does in Houston if need be. Capable offensively if he needs to load share scoring as well.

RW decison making and shooting is suspect and can be a detriment at times.

Not absolving KD, he's a capable first option with the right 2nd option. But KD also gets defended easier with the wrong chemistry mix, or if he has to be strongly iso oriented like he was in OKC.

warfelg
04-24-2019, 06:14 AM
yea but again how great has PG13 really been in the playoffs since joining westy? That is my point.

His shoulder is significantly injured....

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 06:28 AM
[Young] Westbrook finishes his 2019 playoffs with 114 points on 111 shots, 26 free throw attempts. 46.6% True Shooting (horrible). 4-12 in the playoffs since KD left. Yikes.

Durant knew... All I am saying. When you are forced to play with the blackhole that has become westy you become insanely insecure... He was basically carrying an anchor.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 06:33 AM
His shoulder is significantly injured....

both years?

He shot very good in 2 of the 6 games last year... In 2 of those 6 games he shot 25 and 12 percent with 24 turnovers in those 6 games with the other 2 games being 43 and 42 percent with more turnovers then assists.

warfelg
04-24-2019, 07:21 AM
both years?

He shot very good in 2 of the 6 games last year... In 2 of those 6 games he shot 25 and 12 percent with 24 turnovers in those 6 games with the other 2 games being 43 and 42 percent with more turnovers then assists.

I throw this year out. Like his shoulder is so bad they're saying he's likely going to need surgery.

4 of those 6 games were at or better than his season averages. The two games with more TO's than assists? Who cares? He's a SF not the PG. Oh no! Watch out someone had 3 turnovers and only 1 assist!!! You do know Ben and Joel each had 7 games this year with more TO's than Assists right?

And on top of that, despite the two bad games, PG was statistically similar to his regular season numbers.

Maybe the true issue is that outside of PG, Westbrook, and Adams on one side of the court.....they just aren't good.

Durant doesn't deserve a break. Westbrook doesn't deserve the hate. Management of that team deserves to be second guessed. All the way back to Ibaka vs Harden they have made absolutely terrible decision.

Like I'll give you an example of what I mean:
Throughout the season they had 4 player shoot better than league average from 3.
Meanwhile our Sixers get brought up with questions about shooting, but we had 12 players shoot better than average, with 6 of them currently being on the roster.

The Thunder had 3 guys shoot under 30% from 3 (that attempted 3's regularly), and 2 of them are rotation regulars.
The Sixers had 3 guys shoot under 30% from 3 (that attempted enough 3's), and 0 of them are on the team.

So to me it comes down not to do they have the right or wrong players...it's they don't have the right combination of players.

ewing
04-24-2019, 07:53 AM
whiny *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
04-24-2019, 09:00 AM
Itís not that he left, itís where he went. *****.

TheDish87
04-24-2019, 09:12 AM
no one cares that KD left OKC. He ran to the team he literally choked against months prior that didnt need him. he was a ***** then and is still a ***** now.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 09:31 AM
no one cares that KD left OKC. He ran to the team he literally choked against months prior that didnt need him. he was a ***** then and is still a ***** now.

perfectly put

the only thing I will add, is he has been such a defensive baby about it all, just mystified that anyone could be sour about it. He is either that oblivious, or that entitled.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 09:31 AM
If we stipulate that KD tried his best to win in OKC and was held back by Russ so we are okay with him leaving, it seems disingenuous to then think he should go to some other place where he might be stepping in to a similar situation he just left where he didn't have the control or influence and where coaches, players, GMs were not stable and with a system he knew he could (and wanted to) play in. Sure, he chose to go to the best team who could pay him, but that's the way it usually goes ... it's just that the good teams don't usually have the money and that's not KDs fault.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 09:32 AM
If we stipulate that KD tried his best to win in OKC and was held back by Russ so we are okay with him leaving, it seems disingenuous to then think he should go to some other place where he might be stepping in to a similar situation he just left where he didn't have the control or influence and where coaches, players, GMs were not stable and with a system he knew he could (and wanted to) play in. Sure, he chose to go to the best team who could pay him, but that's the way it usually goes ... it's just that the good teams don't usually have the money and that's not KDs fault.

sure, but context still matters. He joined a dynasty that didn't need him. So anything he does, is viewed as, "so what?"

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 09:34 AM

and again he dealt with russ for years in this same situation that pg13 is in currently where we know who the superior player is but they cant get passed the hump because of the massive boulder that is westy is standing in the way of the hump making passing impossible. With KD they made it to the WCF and should have won... with a PG13 they cant even make it out of the first round... KD saw exactly this and PG13 will wise up to the mistake he made as well. He went to a place where he fit perfect while getting paid and promised himself championships BECAUSE he was carrying an anchor for years and got all or most of the blame even though he did most of the work.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 09:36 AM
sure, but context still matters. He joined a dynasty that didn't need him. So anything he does, is viewed as, "so what?"

they maybe did need him though... they got him to come there because a healthy lebron/kyrie/love put them down... they beat the cavs when Kyrie/Love were injured... they got durant and the rest is irrelevant. He Joined a dynasty that couldnt get passed a healthy cavs team in all actuality.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 09:37 AM
I am at a loss for how anyone can constantly watch this version of westbrook and still cant get by the durant decision hate.... Durant couldnt win because of this dude.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 09:43 AM
they maybe did need him though... they got him to come there because a healthy lebron/kyrie/love put them down... they beat the cavs when Kyrie/Love were injured... they got durant and the rest is irrelevant. He Joined a dynasty that couldnt get passed a healthy cavs team in all actuality.

no, they didn't need him.

Look, KD took advantage of an opportunity, as did GS. But KD also robbed us of watching an all timer overcome and win. He basically made 3-4 years of the NBA an exercise with the result already known, ie, boring and a waste of time.

KD and his fans just need to hope time helps people forget, or stop caring. No matter what you, or any GS fan says to justify it, his decision was the weakest in sports history. Add to it his defensiveness over it all, and it just compounds it.

Dude is a beta fish, straight up. **** him

Heediot
04-24-2019, 09:47 AM

lmao. Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Raptors all had room and flexibility to nab him. Everyone except probably Cleveland had a chance.

He might of chosen GS for reasons like team play, environment, and ability to make money outside of Ball. But he's so sensitive and defensive about ego and image for me not to buy into the fact that he wanted the easy way out (bbost his rep as a winner), which he did on an unheard of level.

Nunuu
04-24-2019, 09:58 AM

No one cares that he left other than OKC fans, people care about the team he left to. The guy went to a team that had 73 wins the prior year and then he doesn't understand why everyone does not bow down and claim him to be the best player in the world. He could have joined another team to beat GSW but instead he took the easy route. He is garbage.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 10:42 AM

Ok letís say youíre right... what are we going to say then when he leaves the Warriors ??

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 10:44 AM
lmao. Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Raptors all had room and flexibility to nab him. Everyone except probably Cleveland had a chance.

He might of chosen GS for reasons like team play, environment, and ability to make money outside of Ball. But he's so sensitive and defensive about ego and image for me not to buy into the fact that he wanted the easy way out (bbost his rep as a winner), which he did on an unheard of level.

He joined golden state because his mentality was if you canít beat em join em...

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 10:46 AM
no, they didn't need him.

Look, KD took advantage of an opportunity, as did GS. But KD also robbed us of watching an all timer overcome and win. He basically made 3-4 years of the NBA an exercise with the result already known, ie, boring and a waste of time.

KD and his fans just need to hope time helps people forget, or stop caring. No matter what you, or any GS fan says to justify it, his decision was the weakest in sports history. Add to it his defensiveness over it all, and it just compounds it.

Dude is a beta fish, straight up. **** him

Real nba or basketball fans will never forget and he will always have an asterisk beside his ships with the warriors... he joined a dynasty that were making history he coulda been nick young and won a ship with them .... oh wait

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Real nba or basketball fans will never forget and he will always have an asterisk beside his ships with the warriors... he joined a dynasty that were making history he coulda been nick young and won a ship with them .... oh wait

yep. But, time heals all generally, and most basketball fans are fair weather

TheDish87
04-24-2019, 10:57 AM
and again he dealt with russ for years in this same situation that pg13 is in currently where we know who the superior player is but they cant get passed the hump because of the massive boulder that is westy is standing in the way of the hump making passing impossible. With KD they made it to the WCF and should have won... with a PG13 they cant even make it out of the first round... KD saw exactly this and PG13 will wise up to the mistake he made as well. He went to a place where he fit perfect while getting paid and promised himself championships BECAUSE he was carrying an anchor for years and got all or most of the blame even though he did most of the work.

you are making this about Russ for some reason yet together they went to the Finals and together they blew a 3-1 lead against GSW where most would tel you KD choked the most. Russ stayed, KD ran like a punk *** *****. KD is an all time great talent who no one gives a **** about anymore.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 11:38 AM
yep. But, time heals all generally, and most basketball fans are fair weather

I dunno. When it comes to the greatest players of the game their legacy is remembered and unfortunately Durants Legacy has been tarnished so bad that I think his decision is what heíll be remembered for the most.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 11:51 AM
I dunno. When it comes to the greatest players of the game their legacy is remembered and unfortunately Durants Legacy has been tarnished so bad that I think his decision is what heíll be remembered for the most.

you may be right. I guess there is time for him to help his legacy, but most of us will hold on. I guess time will tell. I personally will never put him in the top 15. Ever.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:00 PM

Sure it matters. But the hate people send his way is way overblown too. He didn't create the situation, and what he did in his situation most people would do if they were in that situation.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:06 PM

Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Raptors were not close to as good a situation as the Warriors. Celtics are perpetually unstable, Rockets were not as good and he already knows what it's like to play with Harden, Spurs were on the decline, Raps were unstable and about to be blown up.

Legitimately there was no place that offered close to the level of team stability, coaching, scheme, teammates, and away from the court opportunity the Warriors offered. Nothing was close.

The fact that his team lost to them was unfortunate but even that happens with other stars in free agency (if not as quickly or spectacularly).

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:17 PM
Sure it matters. But the hate people send his way is way overblown too. He didn't create the situation, and what he did in his situation most people would do if they were in that situation.

Not over blown at all... itís the single most cowardly move made by any player to date. If youíre gonna hate on anything this would be the one player and move that would be justified in you doing so.

Listen we get it WB is not a winning player. Durant had an epiphany and decided the best decision was to no longer pla with Russ thatís fine, no one is hating on that.

But to join a team that just eliminated you, a team that has already won two ships with out you, a team that just beat the bulls record for most wins in a season, a team that would continue to win championships with out you and then think that you had something to do with their organic greatness is beyond delusional.

Durant could dress up as the mascots every night and not play a single minute and the Warriors would still have won those ships as they were doing before his arrival. What did he bring to their team? Drama ? Uncertainty about his free agency ? Why has he brought them that they really needed ? Heís an incredible talent and has looked great with the warriors but the fact remains they didnít need him at all. Just like they donít need cousins now.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
Celtics, Rockets, Spurs, Raptors were not close to as good a situation as the Warriors. Celtics are perpetually unstable, Rockets were not as good and he already knows what it's like to play with Harden, Spurs were on the decline, Raps were unstable and about to be blown up.

Legitimately there was no place that offered close to the level of team stability, coaching, scheme, teammates, and away from the court opportunity the Warriors offered. Nothing was close.

The fact that his team lost to them was unfortunate but even that happens with other stars in free agency (if not as quickly or spectacularly).

As good of a situation of being a dynasty ? Thatís the point he didnít elevate a team to greatness he jumped on the band wagon of a great team to elevated himself to greatness.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 12:21 PM

you say it's overblown, and that is your opinion. But please understand, Durant's move, and then his complete defensiveness and insecurity over it, have crippled his reputation and legacy. Nothing you say, will change that man.

Honestly, just stop defending him. It isn't worth your time. The dude is a *****, plain and simple. And that is how he will be regarded over time most likely. Never before have we seen such a vag move by a so called all timer. Was the situation unique? Yep. Oh well...

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:25 PM
I would have preferred if Durant joined lebron to try and beat the warriors then to joining the warriors.. seriously atleast we could say that lebron and Cleveland needed what Durant brought and with out him they wouldnít win a second ship. You canít say that about Durant and the Warriors they literally had a two time mvp and two all stars already as well as two ships and a season record beat 72 games.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:28 PM
you may be right. I guess there is time for him to help his legacy, but most of us will hold on. I guess time will tell. I personally will never put him in the top 15. Ever.

Funny thing is he probably thinks if he can join the Knicks and bring them to relevance it will help his legacy. And I hope he does go there because his career dying a slow agonizing death is exactly what the Knicks are tailor made to do.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Not over blown at all... itís the single most cowardly move made by any player to date. If youíre gonna hate on anything this would be the one player and move that would be justified in you doing so.

Listen we get it WB is not a winning player. Durant had an epiphany and decided the best decision was to no longer pla with Russ thatís fine, no one is hating on that.

But to join a team that just eliminated you, a team that has already won two ships with out you, a team that just beat the bulls record for most wins in a season, a team that would continue to win championships with out you and then think that you had something to do with their organic greatness is beyond delusional.

Durant could dress up as the mascots every night and not play a single minute and the Warriors would still have won those ships as they were doing before his arrival. What did he bring to their team? Drama ? Uncertainty about his free agency ? Why has he brought them that they really needed ? Heís an incredible talent and has looked great with the warriors but the fact remains they didnít need him at all. Just like they donít need cousins now.

Meh

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:33 PM
you say it's overblown, and that is your opinion. But please understand, Durant's move, and then his complete defensiveness and insecurity over it, have crippled his reputation and legacy. Nothing you say, will change that man.

Honestly, just stop defending him. It isn't worth your time. The dude is a *****, plain and simple. And that is how he will be regarded over time most likely. Never before have we seen such a vag move by a so called all timer. Was the situation unique? Yep. Oh well...

I honestly don't care about his reputation or his legacy. It's just a game. I don't really think about the game all that much when I'm not watching. I just enjoy watching the NBA, not just one team, and I've seen too much to think this one free agency decision is all that significant. Nor do I feel the players are somehow responsible to me or for my happiness.

And I wasn't intended to defend him, I was just expressing that his decision made sense.

And if this isn't worth my time, how is it worth the time of so many to argue the opposite?

But we agree that it's pointless.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:35 PM
I would have preferred if Durant joined lebron to try and beat the warriors then to joining the warriors.. seriously atleast we could say that lebron and Cleveland needed what Durant brought and with out him they wouldnít win a second ship. You canít say that about Durant and the Warriors they literally had a two time mvp and two all stars already as well as two ships and a season record beat 72 games.

That Warriors team had the same number of titles as the Cavs at the time and the Cavs had LeBron and Kyrie. 1 each.

THE MTL
04-24-2019, 12:38 PM
Durant wanted a free ride to a championship. Golden State didnt even have all the money to sign him, he took less to specifically go to GS.

TheDish87
04-24-2019, 12:41 PM

no **** the 72 win champs were a better situation then everyone else lol come onnnnnn

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Meh

Itís not even really hate at this point if youíre just looking at the facts itís easy to form an opinion

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
That Warriors team had the same number of titles as the Cavs at the time and the Cavs had LeBron and Kyrie. 1 each.

Yeah youíre right that was a stretch, my point was I would have preferred if Durant Joined another team to try and dethrone the champs instead of joining the ones who just beat him.

valade16
04-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Why are we all just signing off on this faulty premise? KD did not leave OKC because of Westbrook. We know this because KD said so with his burner accounts:

"he [KD] didn't like the organization or playing for Billy Donovan. His roster wasn't that good, it was just him and russ. Imagine taking russ off that team, see how bad they were. KD can't win a championship with those cats."

Russ seems to be one of the only reasons he would have stayed, not the reason he left.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Yeah youíre right that was a stretch, my point was I would have preferred if Durant Joined another team to try and dethrone the champs instead of joining the ones who just beat him.

Yeah and I get that ... but that's a fan speaking ... KD had spent 9 years of his career banging his head against a wall ... it just makes sense that he wouldn't want to keep doing that.

valade16
04-24-2019, 01:36 PM
Yeah and I get that ... but that's a fan speaking ... KD had spent 9 years of his career banging his head against a wall ... it just makes sense that he wouldn't want to keep doing that.

It seems most people feel what KD was trying to run a marathon in under 3 hours, couldn't do it and so hopped in a car and drove it in 30 minutes and then bragged about how fast he was.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 01:37 PM
I honestly don't care about his reputation or his legacy. It's just a game. I don't really think about the game all that much when I'm not watching. I just enjoy watching the NBA, not just one team, and I've seen too much to think this one free agency decision is all that significant. Nor do I feel the players are somehow responsible to me or for my happiness.

And I wasn't intended to defend him, I was just expressing that his decision made sense.

And if this isn't worth my time, how is it worth the time of so many to argue the opposite?

oh for sure dude, it's a child's game. At the end of the day, who gives a ****

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Funny thing is he probably thinks if he can join the Knicks and bring them to relevance it will help his legacy. And I hope he does go there because his career dying a slow agonizing death is exactly what the Knicks are tailor made to do.

dude, totally agree

ewing
04-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Why are we all just signing off on this faulty premise? KD did not leave OKC because of Westbrook. We know this because KD said so with his burner accounts:

"he [KD] didn't like the organization or playing for Billy Donovan. His roster wasn't that good, it was just him and russ. Imagine taking russ off that team, see how bad they were. KD can't win a championship with those cats."

Russ seems to be one of the only reasons he would have stayed, not the reason he left.

This is one of the better posts Iíve seen on here in a while

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 02:20 PM

A lot of those years he had Harden and Ibaka, I donít think he had a reason to be frustrated or banging his head against a wall he had an excellent team around him.

Redrum187
04-24-2019, 04:08 PM
He needs a break? I thought joining a 73 win team and sleepwalking to multiple championships was suppose to be the break he was wanting... =/

Redrum187
04-24-2019, 04:12 PM
Perhaps we should give Jeff Bezos a break too... He just paid his ex-wife $35+ billion and is ONLY worth $110+ billion now. He is the richest man in the world, but ONLY $10 billion ahead of Bill Gates. Maybe we should donate him money and cut this guy a break!

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 04:22 PM
Perhaps we should give Jeff Bezos a break too... He just paid his ex-wife $35+ billion and is ONLY worth $110+ billion now. He is the richest man in the world, but ONLY $10 billion ahead of Bill Gates. Maybe we should donate him money and cut this guy a break!

I would marry that ugly mofo for that cash dude

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 04:55 PM

We do. Amazon doesnít pay any taxes.

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:08 PM
He joined golden state because his mentality was if you canít beat em join em...

You have no idea what his mentality was! maybe he wanted to join a team that had no egos and always wanted to look for ways to get better (even after winning 73 games)

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:10 PM

Not like kd wasnt holding his weight though. he won back to back finals mvps. if he leaves golden state he will have atleast 5 or 6 teams ready to offer him a max contract. (not the case with nick young)- he lost value

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:13 PM

Yet nobody has a problem with Lebron joining a team that had 16 championships???? as if they need a 17th. Jeez if he wanted the league to be balanced (which apparently is the responsibility of all super star free agents if they dont want to ruin their legacy)- he should have made sure every team in the league has 16 rings before joining the lakers.

valade16
04-24-2019, 05:14 PM
Yet nobody has a problem with Lebron joining a team that had 16 championships???? as if they need a 17th. Jeez if he wanted the league to be balanced (which apparently is the responsibility of all super star free agents if they dont want to ruin their legacy)- he should have made sure every team in the league has 16 rings before joining the lakers.

Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram and Co won 16 Championships? I had no idea they were the GOATs.

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:17 PM

LMAO ok so your problem is that warriors are ruining lebrons legacy... not really anything to do with durant or the warriors. LOL you lose all credibility when you say you wouldnt have a problem with durant joining lebron- Joining the best player on the planet would be a way weaker move in any rational persons opinion..... but the durant/ warriors haters arent rational

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:18 PM
Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram and Co won 16 Championships? I had no idea they were the GOATs.

the roster durant joined at golden state wasnt the same one as the roster that won 73 games.... people dont care about those details. same team name on their jerseys is all that matters

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 05:21 PM
I honestly don't care about his reputation or his legacy. It's just a game. I don't really think about the game all that much when I'm not watching.

Lol, wtf. Youíve literally made hundreds if not thousands of posts talking about basketball when youíre ďnot watchingĒ.

I just enjoy watching the NBA, not just one team, and I've seen too much to think this one free agency decision is all that significant..

Again, what the ****. It changed the landscape of the NBA for years. We went from seeing a handful of teams competing to just 1 with a few teams that had a very slim outside chance.

Nor do I feel the players are somehow responsible to me or for my happiness.

Terrible post all around, Scoots.

valade16
04-24-2019, 05:24 PM
the roster durant joined at golden state wasnt the same one as the roster that won 73 games.... people dont care about those details. same team name on their jerseys is all that matters

Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Shaun Livingston? It was pretty much the same roster. I mean, I guess if you think Mareeise Speights was integral to their success.

At least, it was more similar to the roster KD joined than LeBron joining the Magic/Kareem/Kobe/Shaq 8x Champions.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 05:31 PM

Speaking of terrible posts. Goddamn, kid.

I hate your stylez because your stylez is ****.

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Shaun Livingston? It was pretty much the same roster. I mean, I guess if you think Mareeise Speights was integral to their success.

At least, it was more similar to the roster KD joined than LeBron joining the Magic/Kareem/Kobe/Shaq 8x Champions.

Barnes and Bogut left (thats almost half their starters. Luke walton was an important part of the coaching staff and he left. Barbosa, speights, Ezeli, and were a big part of the bench. There were actually real concerns during the summer about how losing the depth might be a concern over the course of 82 game seasons. Obviously the production of the players they lost was able to be replaced for the most part- im just syaing it wasnt the same team. Bogut was a very different player than ZAZA. barbosa and speights were important for bench scoring

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:36 PM

I havent seen a decent post from you in over 3 yrs. just constant complaining about other peoples posts. why waste your time on here?

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:37 PM

why not address areas of my post that arent accurate? or dont respond at all

valade16
04-24-2019, 05:43 PM
Barnes and Bogut left (thats almost half their starters. Luke walton was an important part of the coaching staff and he left. Barbosa, speights, Ezeli, and were a big part of the bench. There were actually real concerns during the summer about how losing the depth might be a concern over the course of 82 game seasons. Obviously the production of the players they lost was able to be replaced for the most part- im just syaing it wasnt the same team. Bogut was a very different player than ZAZA. barbosa and speights were important for bench scoring

It was the same core. I mean, if we're going down this route then technically KD isn't even on the same Warriors as when he first came there because Ian Clark, Zaza, McGee, West, McCaw, McAdoo, and Varejao are no longer on the team.

Amazing that KD and the Warriors could keep winning with such insane roster turnover! How do they keep remaking their team and winning. It's incredible!

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:48 PM
It was the same core. I mean, if we're going down this route then technically KD isn't even on the same Warriors as when he first came there because Ian Clark, Zaza, McGee, West, McCaw, McAdoo, and Varejao are no longer on the team.

Amazing that KD and the Warriors could keep winning with such insane roster turnover! How do they keep remaking their team and winning. It's incredible!

and the lakers still have 16 championships that all count and they show them off in their arena. do they really need any more? whats the point of lebron going there

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 05:49 PM

also- their record has gotten worse every year kd has been there

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:11 PM
I havent seen a decent post from you in over 3 yrs. just constant complaining about other peoples posts. why waste your time on here?

Coming from one of the absolute worst posters on here, this is s compliment. Thanks.

why not address areas of my post that arent accurate? or dont respond at all

Because when I do, you disappear and donít own up to your dumb takes.

You just compared Lebron joining the Lakers to Durant joining the Warriors. Lebron joined a lottery team to suit his off court wants that just so happened to have titles years ago with totally different players. Durant joined an organization with the same core that just won a title and the next year set a wins record. They lost some role players but they didnít win a title/set win record because of Barbossa/Speights, Ezeliís always hurt, Bogut gets hurt often, too and wasnít irreplaceable and Barnes went ghost in the Finals.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:12 PM

Because they remember what happened when they went full throttle every game. They lack heart and donít turn it on until they have to.

valade16
04-24-2019, 06:12 PM
and the lakers still have 16 championships that all count and they show them off in their arena. do they really need any more? whats the point of lebron going there

Their last championship was 8 years ago. You are making it seem like LeBron went to more of a winner than KD when Bron went to the 35 win Lakers and KD went to the 73 win Dubs.

I guess KD sucks.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:14 PM

So? Is anyone left from any Lakers title teams? Anyone at all? Maybe the medical staff? Ball boys? Jimís gone so donít say Jeannie was the reason they won anything back then.

You said something foolish and now youíre just digging a bigger hole. Classic **** posting by one of the GOATs at it.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:16 PM
I guess KD sucks.

They need to find a way to retain him and get Jimmy Butler. Heaven forbid they donít stack the deck.

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 06:25 PM
So? Is anyone left from any Lakers title teams? Anyone at all? Maybe the medical staff? Ball boys? Jimís gone so donít say Jeannie was the reason they won anything back then.

You said something foolish and now youíre just digging a bigger hole. Classic **** posting by one of the GOATs at it.

I responded to the poster who said kd joined a 73 win team. IT WAS NOT THE SAME TEAM.... WHO CARES IF ONE CURRENT PLAYER WAS ON THE TEAM. THE ROSTER CHANGED- It is not the same- end of discussion

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 06:26 PM
they need to find a way to retain him and get jimmy butler. Heaven forbid they donít stack the deck.

dude- they went 18 of 19 yrs not making the playoffs. You act like they always stack the deck

valade16
04-24-2019, 06:29 PM
I responded to the poster who said kd joined a 73 win team. IT WAS NOT THE SAME TEAM.... WHO CARES IF ONE CURRENT PLAYER WAS ON THE TEAM. THE ROSTER CHANGED- It is not the same- end of discussion

It was the same team. Acting like switching out the 7th and 8th man in the rotation means you have a completely different team is absurd.

They had Steph, their MVP. They had Klay, their 2nd best scorer, they had Dray, their DPOY, they had Iggy, their 6th man and FMVP.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:34 PM

Same stupid argument. You compared Lebron joining a team that won **** almost a decade ago to KD joining a team whoís core/coach/GM has just set a win record and won a title the previous year. Thatís ****ing stupid. Whatís more stupid is youíre still making the argument that itís a relevant point.

If you canít see how thatís a false equivalency than go back to third grade.

Vee-Rex
04-24-2019, 06:45 PM
Maybe Durant will get a break when he admits it was a ***** move?

Let's see that happen and then maybe people will start treating him differently.

Saddletramp
04-24-2019, 06:53 PM
It was the same team. Acting like switching out the 7th and 8th man in the rotation means you have a completely different team is absurd.

They had Steph, their MVP. They had Klay, their 2nd best scorer, they had Dray, their DPOY, they had Iggy, their 6th man and FMVP.

Pretty sure Mozgov wasnít the reason the Cavs lost in 2017, lol.

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Maybe Durant will get a break when he admits it was a ***** move?

Let's see that happen and then maybe people will start treating him differently.

haters always gonna hate.... real reason people are mad is they think it took rings away from lebron

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 07:02 PM

I never said completely different- but you are kind of understating what happened. the warriors lost 5 of their top 9 players in the rotation the summer that KD signed- that is pretty significant. it showed too. The lack of dept changed the way the seasons played out. Before KD got there- the warriors starters sat out the 4th quarter like 24 times in the season. They still havent added a real back up center to replace ezeli. They use 4s now like bell, looney, and jonas

valade16
04-24-2019, 07:08 PM
I never said completely different- but you are kind of understating what happened. the warriors lost 5 of their top 9 players in the rotation the summer that KD signed- that is pretty significant. it showed too. The lack of dept changed the way the seasons played out. Before KD got there- the warriors starters sat out the 4th quarter like 24 times in the season. They still havent added a real back up center to replace ezeli. They use 4s now like bell, looney, and jonas

The Finals the year before KD only 6 players on the entire GS team played more than 100 minutes, of those 6, 5 returned. The only one who didn't was Barnes, who was replaced by KD.

The team had differences, but it was the same core, the same team. Nobody would say they were a different Warriors team.

SiteWolf
04-24-2019, 08:18 PM
haters always gonna hate.... real reason people are mad is they think it took rings away from lebron

um, what?
has zip to do with MeBron

likemystylez
04-24-2019, 09:33 PM
The Finals the year before KD only 6 players on the entire GS team played more than 100 minutes, of those 6, 5 returned. The only one who didn't was Barnes, who was replaced by KD.

The team had differences, but it was the same core, the same team. Nobody would say they were a different Warriors team.

You are looking at one 7 game stretch.(Granted it was an important stretch) Other players helped them advance through other match ups. Shaun Livingston started most of the first 2 rounds in that post season because of Curry's injury.

But the fact that they had 5 or 6 bench players who could be trusted out there allowed the top 4 or 5 guys to keep their minutes down while willing 73 games in the season. Having a lot of different types of players allows a team to compete better in different types of match ups. There was a trade off to get durant, and the warriors did lose valuable players that helped them become what they were. (Im not saying the trade off or the gamble wasnt worth it)

BTW- in training camp of durants first year with the warriors- Steve Kerr said this is a different team, and a lot of guys needed to learn the system and learn to play with each other.

Forgive me but ill say kerr knows basketball and knows the warriors roster better than you.

valade16
04-24-2019, 10:11 PM
You are looking at one 7 game stretch.(Granted it was an important stretch) Other players helped them advance through other match ups. Shaun Livingston started most of the first 2 rounds in that post season because of Curry's injury.

But the fact that they had 5 or 6 bench players who could be trusted out there allowed the top 4 or 5 guys to keep their minutes down while willing 73 games in the season. Having a lot of different types of players allows a team to compete better in different types of match ups. There was a trade off to get durant, and the warriors did lose valuable players that helped them become what they were. (Im not saying the trade off or the gamble wasnt worth it)

BTW- in training camp of durants first year with the warriors- Steve Kerr said this is a different team, and a lot of guys needed to learn the system and learn to play with each other.

Forgive me but ill say kerr knows basketball and knows the warriors roster better than you.

Kerr also said it will be tough for the Dubs to win the title. I think Kerr will say whatever motivates his team to motivate his team.

LaVar Ball
04-24-2019, 10:17 PM
Durant a beeeeyyyaatttccchhhhh

warfelg
04-24-2019, 10:54 PM

[emoji848][emoji3166][emoji848]

Maybe the true issue is that outside of PG, Westbrook, and Adams on one side of the court.....they just aren't good.

Durant doesn't deserve a break. Westbrook doesn't deserve the hate. Management of that team deserves to be second guessed. All the way back to Ibaka vs Harden they have made absolutely terrible decision.

Like I'll give you an example of what I mean:
Throughout the season they had 4 player shoot better than league average from 3.
Meanwhile our Sixers get brought up with questions about shooting, but we had 12 players shoot better than average, with 6 of them currently being on the roster.

The Thunder had 3 guys shoot under 30% from 3 (that attempted 3's regularly), and 2 of them are rotation regulars.
The Sixers had 3 guys shoot under 30% from 3 (that attempted enough 3's), and 0 of them are on the team.

So to me it comes down not to do they have the right or wrong players...it's they don't have the right combination of players.

xXChoochXx
04-24-2019, 10:59 PM
Durant is signing with the Knicks along with Irving this summer.

Given how sensitive he is, he will have some rough patches at MSG, but who knows? Maybe he can overcome...

Allphakenny1
04-25-2019, 12:39 AM
I do not care about this entire argument, but LeBron only went to the Lakers because he expected another superstar to join him. He would not have went there if he knew he was going by himself. Even going to the Lakers with a ton of young talent, you can expect a superstar to follow. Lets not act like he went to some struggling team to lift them up to prove anything. He expected elite help.

Vee-Rex
04-25-2019, 12:55 AM

Haters don't make a dude use fake Twitter accounts and trash his former teammates.

The real question is: will you still be Durant's personal superhero when he bolts from GS and starts to trash your beloved Warriors? I'm guessing you'll pull a 180 on that one.

No need to die on the "defend Durant" hill. Your fellow Dubs fans are starting to see and are slowly peeling away from that.

basketfan4life
04-25-2019, 03:31 AM
I may be waaayy off here but, not winning this year may help Durant's legacy and 2 rings.

Everybody thinks it was a cakewalk, losing one may show otherwise.

Before you say anything, think about Lebron in Miami. If he went 4 for 4 we could think the same about LeBron. But now nobody puts a single asteriks on any of his chips in Miami (and one being a lockout season i believe). Not even that he lost to the Mavs while being outscored by freaking Jason Terry and while his team was the heavy favourite. Next year he won and bamm it was LeBron's big redemption. And i'd say the heat were the favorites in all 4 finals. In the the last 3 finals none of their opponents best players were on their absolute prime years all past it or not even entered their primes. Only Nowitzki was and they lost to him.

Just a food for tought.

xXChoochXx
04-25-2019, 04:12 AM
Durants legacy would skyrocket for simply heading to the Knicks and merely making it to the conference finals.

Lots of upside with that, assuming he can manage through the pressure of NYC.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 04:14 AM
he is literally carrying the warriors every post season... keep trying to hate though

Vee-Rex
04-25-2019, 08:19 AM
he is literally carrying the warriors every post season... keep trying to hate though

Don't think anyone is denying his talent on the court. At least I'm not.

WaDe03
04-25-2019, 08:24 AM

What arenít you understanding? We know heís a great player. Heís a ***** and took the easy way out though and ruined the league so he doesnít get credit for winning. These are the weakest rings ever.

likemystylez
04-25-2019, 08:32 AM

do you think the pre durant warriors would lose 2 home games to the 8th seeded clippers?

warfelg
04-25-2019, 08:40 AM
do you think the pre durant warriors would lose 2 home games to the 8th seeded clippers?

Nope. And they won the game he was ejected, and the reason they lost the other game was he took the matchup with PBev personally and let it control him to the point of fouling out. Swap out Iggy for Durant and they still win game 2. No what killed them game 2 was the Durant-Boogie combo that Kerr didn't seem overly prepared for (and really why should he), and the Clips smelled the blood and attacked that.

Also if he was carrying them, last nights 45-6-6-2-1 would mean a win. I contest he took possessions away from Curry and Green which would have lead to a win.

Something I've noticed with the Warriors too. They are a great ball movement team and really were able to switch around for the matchup they want. Sometimes Durant has a little 'Westbrook' in him and brings the ball down, ISO's, and jacks up a shot without ball movement. Those seem to coincide with games that they don't win.

Vee-Rex
04-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Nope. And they won the game he was ejected, and the reason they lost the other game was he took the matchup with PBev personally and let it control him to the point of fouling out. Swap out Iggy for Durant and they still win game 2. No what killed them game 2 was the Durant-Boogie combo that Kerr didn't seem overly prepared for (and really why should he), and the Clips smelled the blood and attacked that.

Also if he was carrying them, last nights 45-6-6-2-1 would mean a win. I contest he took possessions away from Curry and Green which would have lead to a win.

Something I've noticed with the Warriors too. They are a great ball movement team and really were able to switch around for the matchup they want. Sometimes Durant has a little 'Westbrook' in him and brings the ball down, ISO's, and jacks up a shot without ball movement. Those seem to coincide with games that they don't win.

This all hinges on whether or not you think the 73 win Warriors play at a consistent level and was not somewhat 'exposed' in the 2016 Finals.

I think they would have a much harder time winning in 2019 than they did in 2016 - and that's not counting the fact that they STILL lost in the finals and the WCF was no cakewalk either.

The pre-Durant Warriors were an incredible team with an incredible system. But there were some serious kinks in their armor that Kevin Durant significantly helped smooth over. Can't attack/defend Curry the same way anymore.

Right now the only thing teams can really hope for is that they miss shots and choke.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 09:00 AM

my god come on dude.... the warriors were def great but pre durant the cavs/lebron exposed them once they decided to attack curry and make him actually do more than just shoot... he had to defend and his game fell off... if they dont have durant a healthy cavs team could have won the next season as well and curry himself knew that when he texted durant telling him he can be the alpha if he joins... You dont text a guy that begging him to join if you are a part of the GOAT team but please keep trying....

Did you watch last nights game? Durant did everything in his power and cut it to literally 3 points when the clippers were up double digits while curry was riding the bench trying to rest..... they go to sit durant with 2 minutes or so left in the 3rd for a rest with curry/klay/dray in and the clippers expand that lead that durant just cut to 3 to 10 and forced kerr to bring durant back in a minute later after he sat him for rest on the final possession of the 3rd and forced him to play the entire 4th as a 2 way player something curry has never actually done.

likemystylez
04-25-2019, 09:02 AM
This all hinges on whether or not you think the 73 win Warriors play at a consistent level and was not somewhat 'exposed' in the 2016 Finals.

I think they would have a much harder time winning in 2019 than they did in 2016 - and that's not counting the fact that they STILL lost in the finals and the WCF was no cakewalk either.

The pre-Durant Warriors were an incredible team with an incredible system. But there were some serious kinks in their armor that Kevin Durant significantly helped smooth over. Can't attack/defend Curry the same way anymore.

Right now the only thing teams can really hope for is that they miss shots and choke.

i thought they shot well enough and scored well enough to win yesterday.... there was a huge disparity in effort though between the clippers and warriors.

I saw on multiple occasions- Patrick beverly grab an offensive rebound over 2 or 3 warriors who had atleast 5-7 inches on him

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 09:03 AM

:laugh:

my god you clearly did not watch any of what happened at all in this game... watching the game/the box score and about 900 other things tell you to just just making assumptions.... this is hilarious at this point.

also so you are telling me curry going 2-9 with like 4 turnovers in 7 minutes that he played in the 4th when they blew that 31 point lead wasnt what killed them? my god i wish people would stop trying to hate on durant and actually focused more on understanding the sport... I get it durant made a ***** move but what he has done for the warriors in the playoffs is literally 2nd to NOBODY AND IT HAS CONTINUED YET AGAIN INTO THIS POST SEASON.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 09:30 AM
my god come on dude.... the warriors were def great but pre durant the cavs/lebron exposed them once they decided to attack curry and make him actually do more than just shoot... he had to defend and his game fell off... if they dont have durant a healthy cavs team could have won the next season as well and curry himself knew that when he texted durant telling him he can be the alpha if he joins... You dont text a guy that begging him to join if you are a part of the GOAT team but please keep trying....

Did you watch last nights game? Durant did everything in his power and cut it to literally 3 points when the clippers were up double digits while curry was riding the bench trying to rest..... they go to sit durant with 2 minutes or so left in the 3rd for a rest with curry/klay/dray in and the clippers expand that lead that durant just cut to 3 to 10 and forced kerr to bring durant back in a minute later after he sat him for rest on the final possession of the 3rd and forced him to play the entire 4th as a 2 way player something curry has never actually done.

1 - you left out a huge amount of context which is the Green ejection and suspension.
2 - it was Green who recruited Durant not Curry.

3 - I did watch the game. You skipped my context.
4 - You also skipped the context of no real Boogie backup plan.

The Warriors were seeing right now is the same pre-Boogie Warriors.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 09:33 AM
:laugh:

my god you clearly did not watch any of what happened at all in this game... watching the game/the box score and about 900 other things tell you to just just making assumptions.... this is hilarious at this point.

also so you are telling me curry going 2-9 with like 4 turnovers in 7 minutes that he played in the 4th when they blew that 31 point lead wasnt what killed them? my god i wish people would stop trying to hate on durant and actually focused more on understanding the sport... I get it durant made a ***** move but what he has done for the warriors in the playoffs is literally 2nd to NOBODY AND IT HAS CONTINUED YET AGAIN INTO THIS POST SEASON.

Another post that skips a bunch of context. Blowing a lead that big isnít only about 1 player. Sadly this isnít something new for you to whine that no one watches games then skip 90% of the context.

Curry having a bad stretch didnít help. It was exasperated by Boogies injury and KD fouling out.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 09:42 AM

Wow.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 09:45 AM
I may be waaayy off here but, not winning this year may help Durant's legacy and 2 rings.

Everybody thinks it was a cakewalk, losing one may show otherwise.

Before you say anything, think about Lebron in Miami. If he went 4 for 4 we could think the same about LeBron. But now nobody puts a single asteriks on any of his chips in Miami (and one being a lockout season i believe). Not even that he lost to the Mavs while being outscored by freaking Jason Terry and while his team was the heavy favourite. Next year he won and bamm it was LeBron's big redemption. And i'd say the heat were the favorites in all 4 finals. In the the last 3 finals none of their opponents best players were on their absolute prime years all past it or not even entered their primes. Only Nowitzki was and they lost to him.

Just a food for tought.

nope. LeBron didn't join a dynasty that had literally just won without him. He made his own superteam and led it as the best player in the universe. Durant just reached out and grabbed the chip train.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 09:46 AM
1 - you left out a huge amount of context which is the Green ejection and suspension.
2 - it was Green who recruited Durant not Curry.

3 - I did watch the game. You skipped my context.
4 - You also skipped the context of no real Boogie backup plan.

The Warriors were seeing right now is the same pre-Boogie Warriors.

would you like to sse the text message of curry telling durant he doesnt care about mvps or whos team it is so durant would join?

green ejection i guess we can say that if kyrie and love never got injured in the first place in the first series maybe they never win the first 1 then either right? or should we just forget about context there as well? Fact is they had green for 2 of those games and the cavs decided to attack curry and make him defend... they exposed them and curry and the warriors in the off season ran and made sure that wasnt possible by adding the 2nd best player... context though right?

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 09:50 AM
nope. LeBron didn't join a dynasty that had literally just won without him. He made his own superteam and led it as the best player in the universe. Durant just reached out and grabbed the chip train.

2 way street though... that is what seems to be forgotten... if durant gets destroyed for joining them why not the best player on that team begging durant to come there so he can get passed big bad lebron who just exposed him? Yet that seems to be forgotten all because the warriors won 73 games and got passed an injured cavs team in the finals before losing to them and going to get the 2nd best player in the game.

According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike). The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curryís message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and heíd like to do that as his teammate.

Durant gets all the blame though on his legacy... i have never seen anyone not even durant say something like that

basketfan4life
04-25-2019, 10:40 AM

if you say this gs team is a lot better than that heat team. I might argue but it would mean a lot on this context.

But how they created their superteam doesn't really matter to me in this context. One could argue he joined a team that already has D-Wade and Bosh on their primes. Or he couldn't lead in the first year. Whatever. Just a tought.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 10:57 AM
if you say this gs team is a lot better than that heat team. I might argue but it would mean a lot on this context.

But how they created their superteam doesn't really matter to me in this context. One could argue he joined a team that already has D-Wade and Bosh on their primes. Or he couldn't lead in the first year. Whatever. Just a tought.

does to everyone else. And Wade/Bosh/scraps doesn't even hold a candle to what Durant joined, a dynasty already in place. Sorry.

I have posted about this so much, it's boring. Durant pulled the biggest vag move in history. He didn't leave Mo Williams behind either, something many forget to mention.

Nunuu
04-25-2019, 11:08 AM
Unless he goes to a scrub team and drags them to a championship title no one will ever mention him with the jordans,lebrons , kobes of basketball.

WaDe03
04-25-2019, 11:30 AM
Stop ****ing talking about this ***** *** ***** and his soft *** move. No ones stance is going to change.

valade16
04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
2 way street though... that is what seems to be forgotten... if durant gets destroyed for joining them why not the best player on that team begging durant to come there so he can get passed big bad lebron who just exposed him? Yet that seems to be forgotten all because the warriors won 73 games and got passed an injured cavs team in the finals before losing to them and going to get the 2nd best player in the game.

According to a person who saw the text messages, Curry told Durant in a text message that he could care less about who is the face of the franchise, who gets the most recognition or who sells the most shoes (Curry is with Under Armor, Durant with Nike). The two-time NBA MVP also told Durant that if Durant won the MVP award again he would be in the front row of the press conference clapping for him. In closing, Curryís message to Durant was that all he truly cared about was winning championships and heíd like to do that as his teammate.

Durant gets all the blame though on his legacy... i have never seen anyone not even durant say something like that

All Curry cares about is winning, what a Monster.

Keep trying to make it seem like Curry begged KD to join, nobody is buying it. KD got spanked by Curry in the WCF and said I need to join his team to win.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Imms leave this here:
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/25/golden-state-warriors-clippers-kevin-durant-nba-playoffs?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com

Nunuu
04-25-2019, 04:32 PM
Nothing can be said to restore his legacy other than him manning up and going to another team and then winning a chip

smith&wesson
04-26-2019, 03:03 PM

I think youíre missing the point... lebron didnít leave his team to join a team that was already winning championships.

More-Than-Most
04-26-2019, 10:59 PM
Imms leave this here:
https://www.si.com/nba/2019/04/25/golden-state-warriors-clippers-kevin-durant-nba-playoffs?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com

make sure you post that after this game as well. Per usual durant is the best player in the current playoff series

Allphakenny1
04-26-2019, 11:57 PM
I think youíre missing the point... lebron didnít leave his team to join a team that was already winning championships.

No, he only talked his friends into joining a team with him that was all but guaranteed to win multiple titles with as little competition as possible. Maybe not joining an already made team, but not much harder.

Saddletramp
04-27-2019, 04:27 AM
No, he only talked his friends into joining a team with him that was all but guaranteed to win multiple titles with as little competition as possible. Maybe not joining an already made team, but not much harder.

This is a stupid post. Itís been argued countless times and if you still think this, then find another sport to misunderstand.

likemystylez
04-27-2019, 08:37 AM
Durants legacy would skyrocket for simply heading to the Knicks and merely making it to the conference finals.

Leaving an organization ran as well as golden state and going to the knicks to get paid less money is a horrible business decision though. How can you trust the knicks to maintain a winning culture, bring int he right role players, make the right personnel decisions to put themselves in the best situation to win on a consistent basis?

I mean, their management couldnt even put together a squad that would get them into the playoffs in the east this season.

And leaving the warriors who have shown the ability to put a winner together, theyre opening a new arena next year where kd could have a statue out front (If your into the whole legacy thing). going to the knicks would be reckless..... and in the real world outside of sports, no sane person would even consider going from an organization ran like the warriors to the knicks if they had any choice

Allphakenny1
04-27-2019, 11:31 AM
This is a stupid post. Itís been argued countless times and if you still think this, then find another sport to misunderstand.

Come on man, you are one of the worst posters on this site trying to call me out. What did I misunderstand? Did LeBron and his friends join together to form a super team? Yes. Were they expected to win championships? Yes.

Saddletramp
04-27-2019, 11:47 AM
Come on man, you are one of the worst posters on this site trying to call me out.

I didnít try, I did.

What did I misunderstand? Did LeBron and his friends join together to form a super team? Yes. Were they expected to win championships? Yes.

Three guys and scrubs. No one thought that the NBA was a foregone conclusion, they thought that two low/non seeds and whatever team Lebron had would combine to make one contender. The Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Bulls, OKC,and Grizz were all around also as contenders. The Warriors really only had Lebron to worry about and not many people thought that The Cavs would win even before a top three guy joined GS. A lot of people thought that the Cavs title was a fluke the year before.

Like others have pointed out, the Warriors had better Vegas odds than the Heat did before Durant joined.

Why am I wasting my time (again) on this/you? Forming >>>>>>>>>Joining. Get with it, Itís simple.

Saddletramp
04-27-2019, 11:49 AM
Leaving an organization ran as well as golden state and going to the knicks to get paid less money is a horrible business decision though. How can you trust the knicks to maintain a winning culture, bring int he right role players, make the right personnel decisions to put themselves in the best situation to win on a consistent basis?

I mean, their management couldnt even put together a squad that would get them into the playoffs in the east this season.

And leaving the warriors who have shown the ability to put a winner together, theyre opening a new arena next year where kd could have a statue out front (If your into the whole legacy thing). going to the knicks would be reckless..... and in the real world outside of sports, no sane person would even consider going from an organization ran like the warriors to the knicks if they had any choice

I gotta say, I agree with this. He wonít leave, itíll be too hard to win again and he wants easy rings. The fact that he says this time heís in it for the money and the Warriors can pay him the most just makes it a no-brainer.

bledrules
04-27-2019, 12:28 PM
This is crazy a bunch of message board idiots think they have the right to decide where Durant should/shouldn't play
Obviously you fools need to move out of your mom and dads basement,quit your job at Burger King and get a ****ing life

Vee-Rex
04-27-2019, 01:47 PM
This is crazy a bunch of message board idiots think they have the right to decide where Durant should/shouldn't play
Obviously you fools need to move out of your mom and dads basement,quit your job at Burger King and get a ****ing life

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/75646717.jpg

NYKnickFanatic
04-27-2019, 03:24 PM

I don't think he will come to the Knicks like most Knicks fans do but could you imagine if he did and brought a title to NY. That'd be bigger than LeBron bringing one to Ohio, IMO.

Chronz
04-27-2019, 04:18 PM
The entire Dubs family already broke a piece off that *** from KD. I dont think he has much left. He needs to rehab that booty hole and stay away from the Dubs for a few years.

Chronz
04-27-2019, 04:19 PM
I don't think he will come to the Knicks like most Knicks fans do but could you imagine if he did and brought a title to NY. That'd be bigger than LeBron bringing one to Ohio, IMO.

Who follows him cuz he aint coming alone like bron to la

NYKnickFanatic
04-27-2019, 05:34 PM
Who follows him cuz he aint coming alone like bron to la

No idea. Like I said, I don't see him coming to the Knicks lol.

TrueFan420
04-27-2019, 06:25 PM
Three guys and scrubs.

A little revisionist history there.

Haslem was a great role player.
Mike Miller was a great role player when they snagged him (just a bad fit/injury issues)
Chalmers was a good role player.

Then you had guys like Maglore, Howard, Bibby and Stackhouse who were older but still had something to offer in spurts.

The issue was they build the team poorly. They didnít have enough spacing but they fixed that with players like Battier and Ray Allen but yes that team was 3 players and scrubs. Well the story was rewritten to be Bron an injured guy and scrubs.

ewing
04-27-2019, 07:02 PM

Mike Miller was a great role player when they snagged him (just a bad fit/injury issues)

Then you had guys like Maglore, Howard, Bibby and Stackhouse who were older but still had something to offer in spurts.

The issue was they build the team poorly. They didnít have enough spacing but they fixed that with players like Battier and Ray Allen but yes that team was 3 players and scrubs. Well the story was rewritten to be Bron an injured guy and scrubs.

Yep

Saddletramp
04-27-2019, 07:54 PM

KDís burner account says hi!

Saddletramp
04-27-2019, 07:59 PM

Battier and Allen werenít till later (the next year or so). Donít count when Lebron went there. I think Miller came in for the mid level that year after Lebron joined, too.

Stackhouse won with the Mavs the first year so thatís obviously false. Howard? Magliore? Bibby? Címon, man. Youíre one of the non-idiot GS fans. Donít try to feed that ********. Chalmmers was ok for what he was.......but he was no Warrior when KD went there.

Címon, man.

LaVar Ball
04-27-2019, 11:59 PM
Amazing 50 pt performance by KD....

But he's still a lil *****

YAALREADYKNO
04-28-2019, 12:03 PM
Amazing 50 pt performance by KD....

But he's still a lil *****

😂😂😂 my thoughts exactly. Heís one of the greatest players to ever play and thatís what made him joining a 73 win team who beat him that much worse

SfgiantsJD3
04-28-2019, 01:30 PM
fuel to the fire, enjoy speculating what it means.

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Warriors-Kevin-Durant-Malibu-home-real-estate-13791628.php

likemystylez
04-28-2019, 06:49 PM
for the people who say the warriors dont need durant and they would be good enough without him- they do not win this game without kevin durant

More-Than-Most
04-28-2019, 11:22 PM
for the people who say the warriors dont need durant and they would be good enough without him- they do not win this game without kevin durant

nor last game....

as for the post above yours... lol what is weird is that kevin durant home... is totally as bland as KD personality... that actually looks like trash... Like its amazing but there is 0 personality and it all looks uncomfortable as hell.

Cal827
04-28-2019, 11:54 PM
nor last game....

as for the post above yours... lol what is weird is that kevin durant home... is totally as bland as KD personality... that actually looks like trash... Like its amazing but there is 0 personality and it all looks uncomfortable as hell.

Nor Last series lol

TrueFan420
04-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Battier and Allen werenít till later (the next year or so). Donít count when Lebron went there. I think Miller came in for the mid level that year after Lebron joined, too.

Stackhouse won with the Mavs the first year so thatís obviously false. Howard? Magliore? Bibby? Címon, man. Youíre one of the non-idiot GS fans. Donít try to feed that ********. Chalmmers was ok for what he was.......but he was no Warrior when KD went there.

Címon, man.

Battier and Allen was more to illustrate my point about them building the team wrong the first year and adjusting. It was more so poor fit than talent. Miller joined the year it was created 2010.

Stackhouse left the Mavs in 2009. Joined the Bucks for the start of 2010 and the joined the heat mid season. Tho I donít think he played all that much so we can call him a wash.

Those older guys like I said werenít useless they could get it done in spurts and thatís how they were used they just messed up and targeted too much size instead of spacing for Wade and Bron. Iím also not pointing at them as top class but thatís good enough end of the bench.

Bron, Wade, Bosh - top class
Haslem, Miller, Chamlers - legit role players
James Jones, Bibby - were solid

Thatís 7-8 deep right there. Most teams use 8-9 deep when it counts in the playoffs.

Maglore, Howard, Big Z and Dampier were all decent rotation to fill out the end of the bench big role. Issue was they probably only need 2 of them and would have been better with more shooters.

The team wasnít a bunch of scrubs. Just poorly constructed talent. Battier the following year, Ray Allen & Rashard Lewis after that fixed their design flaws.

GREATNESS ONE
04-29-2019, 01:04 AM
Nor Last series lol

Nor last year

nastynice
04-29-2019, 02:25 AM

Ain't nobody gonna write a legacy with conference finals appearances.

ewing
04-29-2019, 06:26 AM
I love how KD can turn around his weak *** ***** move by doing the dumbest thing possible and going to the Knicks and actually succeeding. Make me feel good about my franchise and what we have this going for us

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 12:05 PM
fuel to the fire, enjoy speculating what it means.

https://www.sfgate.com/realestate/article/Warriors-Kevin-Durant-Malibu-home-real-estate-13791628.php

damn, he can see a lot of betafish from there

valade16
04-29-2019, 12:45 PM
Nor last year

Nor the finals they won without KD.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Nor the finals they won without KD.

to be fair, they did lose 9 games without him in 15-16'. I am positive they could have won a couple more with the heroic efforts of Beta-rant.

Chronz
04-29-2019, 02:37 PM
damn, he can see a lot of betafish from there

Betas live alone in small enclosures, truly the perfect spirit animal for KD's lonely and empty existence, relative to other greats that is. This will be his most impressive championship and its still questionable and with the team being at their worst.

I cant wait to see what happens when they finally split up, both sides got something to prove after all this. Just as I predicted/hoped years ago, they're just joining up to ensure victory until daddy ages rapidly and then they're going to go at each other.

Chronz
04-29-2019, 02:40 PM
I love how KD can turn around his weak *** ***** move by doing the dumbest thing possible and going to the Knicks and actually succeeding. Make me feel good about my franchise and what we have this going for us

Just making the Finals would make him a god in NY. ****, look at how yall overrate the F outta Anthony Mason, god rest his soul

ewing
04-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Just making the Finals would make him a god in NY. ****, look at how yall overrate the F outta Anthony Mason, god rest his soul

Saying someone is better then Draymond Green isn't saying that much. If he signs somewhere else he's likely to be the biggest free agent disappointment since Ben Wallace signed with the Bulls

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 03:30 PM
Betas live alone in small enclosures, truly the perfect spirit animal for KD's lonely and empty existence, relative to other greats that is. This will be his most impressive championship and its still questionable and with the team being at their worst.

I cant wait to see what happens when they finally split up, both sides got something to prove after all this. Just as I predicted/hoped years ago, they're just joining up to ensure victory until daddy ages rapidly and then they're going to go at each other.

and beta fish are totally insecure, completely losing it when they are challenged. Match made in heaven dude.

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 03:31 PM

shame on you. Show me one other player that can combine MMA, and advancing the ball with the dribble, like Mason did...

warfelg
04-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Interesting that the Warriors really picked it up yesterday when Steph got going and opened things up.

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 05:22 PM
to be fair, they did lose 9 games without him in 15-16'. I am positive they could have won a couple more with the heroic efforts of Beta-rant.

They dont have that same team right now though......

this team without kd is not the 2015-2016 warriors

Hawkeye15
04-29-2019, 06:17 PM
They dont have that same team right now though......

this team without kd is not the 2015-2016 warriors

You keep saying that. Changing out 8-9th men don't mean ****

Chronz
04-29-2019, 06:23 PM

They're not exactly meaningless either tho, this team could use even an old Barbosa, though I do like the young guards they bring off the bench. Bogut is significantly less nimble, Livingston and Iggy are their 6th and 7th men and they've declined. They got no stable back up Big or starting big for that matter now. The top-4 is still at the top of their games but the league has also adapted to their play style somewhat. I cant wait to see the tests for these guys once KD redeems his legacy

valade16
04-29-2019, 06:27 PM
They're not exactly meaningless either tho, this team could use even an old Barbosa, though I do like the young guards they bring off the bench. Bogut is significantly less nimble, Livingston and Iggy are their 6th and 7th men and they've declined. They got no stable back up Big or starting big for that matter now. The top-4 is still at the top of their games but the league has also adapted to their play style somewhat. I cant wait to see the tests for these guys once KD redeems his legacy

So it's basically the same team but older?

likemystylez
04-29-2019, 07:31 PM

apparently it does because this team without durant on the floor is not as dominant as that 73 win team. the numbers show this

Saddletramp
04-30-2019, 02:44 AM
Battier and Allen was more to illustrate my point about them building the team wrong the first year and adjusting. It was more so poor fit than talent. Miller joined the year it was created 2010.

Stackhouse left the Mavs in 2009. Joined the Bucks for the start of 2010 and the joined the heat mid season. Tho I donít think he played all that much so we can call him a wash.

Those older guys like I said werenít useless they could get it done in spurts and thatís how they were used they just messed up and targeted too much size instead of spacing for Wade and Bron. Iím also not pointing at them as top class but thatís good enough end of the bench.

Bron, Wade, Bosh - top class
Haslem, Miller, Chamlers - legit role players
James Jones, Bibby - were solid

Thatís 7-8 deep right there. Most teams use 8-9 deep when it counts in the playoffs.

Maglore, Howard, Big Z and Dampier were all decent rotation to fill out the end of the bench big role. Issue was they probably only need 2 of them and would have been better with more shooters.

The team wasnít a bunch of scrubs. Just poorly constructed talent. Battier the following year, Ray Allen & Rashard Lewis after that fixed their design flaws.

I thought Stackhouse won a title with the Mavs. He left at the wrong time. My bad. And I worded the Miller thing a little weird but yes, I knew he joined the Heat to be their sixth man when everyone did. And he was <shocker> injured a lot. Because thatís what Mike Miller did better than anything. The rest of those guys? Chalmers was ok in spurts and Jones got a few threes. But they had no Iggy or Livingston and when they got Battier and Allen, Wade wasnít the same Wade.

All of that aside, point still stands: the Heat werenít automatic winners and had a half dozen contenders to go along with them. The Warriors with KD? A few teams have had a chance and when I say teams, I mean the Cavs in Ď17, the Rockets in Ď18 and the Rockets this year. Possibly the Bucks (if they make it which they probably will). Three years, 4(?) challengers. The Heat had more in just the first year.

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 09:31 AM

yes, and the rest of the league has adapted to attempt to catchup. If the NFL, how many D-lineman did the AFC south take year, after year, to combat Peyton for example?

valade16
04-30-2019, 11:54 AM
yes, and the rest of the league has adapted to attempt to catchup. If the NFL, how many D-lineman did the AFC south take year, after year, to combat Peyton for example?

Or my beloved Ducks. The reason Chip Kelly will never be as good as he was at Oregon is because what he was doing was so revolutionary that nobody had ever seen it before but when you do something that revolutionary, you only have 2-3 years before everyone starts copying you and doing it too, and suddenly what you're doing isn't special anymore.

Chronz
04-30-2019, 01:28 PM
And less motivated

Hawkeye15
04-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Or my beloved Ducks. The reason Chip Kelly will never be as good as he was at Oregon is because what he was doing was so revolutionary that nobody had ever seen it before but when you do something that revolutionary, you only have 2-3 years before everyone starts copying you and doing it too, and suddenly what you're doing isn't special anymore.

helps that GS has/had 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the game, and arguably the greatest 3 point shooter ever, along with a Rodman like player, all entering their prime obviously. Rules played in their favor, they were hungry, etc.

It's HARD to stay on top man. It's HARD to find motivation to stay at that top level, after you have seen the top of the mountain. They had 3 superstars all starving at the same time, and when their motivation started dropping, another superstar joined the crew that was starving.

Just a perfect storm for success. The rest of the league is adapting, and while nobody can touch their talent level, there is way more to winning a title than just talent. Clearly we both know that.

nastynice
04-30-2019, 04:31 PM
helps that GS has/had 2 of the best 3 point shooters in the game, and arguably the greatest 3 point shooter ever, along with a Rodman like player, all entering their prime obviously. Rules played in their favor, they were hungry, etc.

It's HARD to stay on top man. It's HARD to find motivation to stay at that top level, after you have seen the top of the mountain. They had 3 superstars all starving at the same time, and when their motivation started dropping, another superstar joined the crew that was starving.

Just a perfect storm for success. The rest of the league is adapting, and while nobody can touch their talent level, there is way more to winning a title than just talent. Clearly we both know that.

I don't know where you're getting your stats from but curry Klay and KD is THREE of the best 3 point shooters in the league, not 2. 2 would be curry and Klay 2 best shooters in history.

Also Dubs have 2 superstars, curry and KD. We're still stacked after that but no 3rd superstar

Saddletramp
04-30-2019, 04:45 PM
I don't know where you're getting your stats from but curry Klay and KD is THREE of the best 3 point shooters in the league, not 2. 2 would be curry and Klay 2 best shooters in history.

Also Dubs have 2 superstars, curry and KD. We're still stacked after that but no 3rd superstar

Heís saying Durant and Klay are two of the best and Curry IS the best.