PDA

View Full Version : Worst fan base?

Scoots
04-23-2019, 10:35 PM
I've seen games in 20 cities. There are different kinds of bad fans, apathetic fans, rabid fans who are mean and negative, rabid fans who are overly optimistic and outspoken.

These are based on my experiences, many first hand.

The most apathetic fans were the Hawks fans. They really couldn't care much less. From watching their home games the last few years, they still don't seem too into it. Second to them were the Nets fans.

The most rabid negative fans were the Sixers fans. They were constantly upset with seemingly every blown shot or missed pass. And they are noit shy about it. Second to them are Knicks fans. They know the game, and the seem to hate the team as much as love them.

The most overly optimistic fans are Lakers fans. They think they are either going to win the title or that they are one, obvious only to them, move from winning it. Second to them are Bucks fans. They are not nearly as many as Lakers fans, but they are certain they are destined for greatness.

In my experience most fan bases are into the game, and clearly out for the entertainment, and while they want their team to win they are not going to be too rude about it in a way the people around them will hear. Not that there aren't exceptions everywhere.

Vee-Rex
04-23-2019, 11:05 PM
This thread can get ugly really fast - surprised at you, Scoots.

I will comment on my own fan-base:

I think Cleveland/Cavs fans in general are pretty stupid. We have some VERY intelligent fans who know the sports inside-out but the vast majority of them are ignorant. Most seem to know absolutely NOTHING outside of their own city's teams and can't formulate a rational and objective opinion about their own teams. J.J. Hickson? GONNA BE A LEGEND. Peyton Hillis? BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE NFL.

All fan bases have stupid fans but I swear the lack of knowledge and logic is enormous with ours.

On the plus side, we're extremely loyal that's for sure. Emotional and passionate through the roof. A very few are stupid enough to do stupid things when scorned or overjoyed (eating horseshit during the Cavs championship parade, pissing on Art Modell's grave, etc...), but generally it's because Cavs (and especially Browns) fans are starved. Cleveland is a tough city full of crime/drugs/poverty and it sorta breeds that kind of emotional loyalty.

Rad_Racing
04-24-2019, 01:05 AM
Golden State Warriors fans over the age of 25. Pretty much 90% of them were Sacramento Kings fans back in the early-2000s.

Cal827
04-24-2019, 01:18 AM
Reported for baiting. Wait until Scoots sees this.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 01:28 AM
Warriors fans were passionate and knowledgeable fans and were always into the games. Didn't get too nasty. I have no idea what they are like now, nor how they will be next year in SF. It seems to me they've fallen off as the team has won so much and the prices have gone up.

The We Believe playoff games there were games where the fans stood and screamed from the tip to the final whistle. The last couple years have been far more tame.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 01:29 AM
Golden State Warriors fans over the age of 25. Pretty much 90% of them were Sacramento Kings fans back in the early-2000s.

Sacto and the Bay Area are very separated. Not many Kings fans at all interested in the Warriors.

LakerClipperFan
04-24-2019, 01:59 AM
I notice GSW fans look pretty tame. Not nearly as intimidating playing up there as it used to be.

COOLbeans
04-24-2019, 02:11 AM

A very ignorant statement. Clearly youíre like 18, with no context prior to 2015. People are dumb lol

LaVar Ball
04-24-2019, 02:13 AM
Those LakerClipperFan type of fans

COOLbeans
04-24-2019, 02:13 AM
Warriors fans were passionate and knowledgeable fans and were always into the games. Didn't get too nasty. I have no idea what they are like now, nor how they will be next year in SF. It seems to me they've fallen off as the team has won so much and the prices have gone up.

The We Believe playoff games there were games where the fans stood and screamed from the tip to the final whistle. The last couple years have been far more tame.

Most of the real fans stay home. Scoots, itís surprising, but a lot of people donít even recognize the Bay as a large market. The Warriors have fans in the millions (the ďbaysĒ team), and people donít even realize it because middle America rarely comes here

COOLbeans
04-24-2019, 02:14 AM
Sacto and the Bay Area are very separated. Not many Kings fans at all interested in the Warriors.

Very rational statement considering the pure

ewing
04-24-2019, 07:50 AM
GS. snobby soft clowns that play both sides of the fence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rad_Racing
04-24-2019, 08:29 AM
If you were alive and coherent in 2001, you know damn well all of Northern California and Central California weíre all about the Kings. Maybe some werenít really that serious and made it more about North vs. South like a lot of people like to do.

Remember the half Giants-half Aís hats and shirts from Ď89...infer ;)

Rad_Racing
04-24-2019, 08:33 AM

Correct, but not when looking at Range and Threshold when it comes to sports.

Htownballa1622
04-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Pretty much any team that is winning has fans that feel they're exceptional when they're really not ****.

Currently, that'd be Warriors fans. They used to have great try hard fans. Now, they have fans that feel like they're superior because a ***** joined their team and messed up the balance of the league.

Lakers fans are generally bad because there are so many trolls in the bunch that it drowns out the few good ones.

I'm speaking of fans on the internet. If I had to go worst fans in person in arena, easily the Jazz.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 09:39 AM
GS. snobby soft clowns that play both sides of the fence

it happens when you suck forever and are all of a sudden in the conversation for GOAT team.

To the thread, Sixers (or Philly fans in general) seem the most insufferable. I despise Laker fans, but more so Kobe fans.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Pretty much any team that is winning has fans that feel they're exceptional when they're really not ****.

Currently, that'd be Warriors fans. They used to have great try hard fans. Now, they have fans that feel like they're superior because a ***** joined their team and messed up the balance of the league.

Lakers fans are generally bad because there are so many trolls in the bunch that it drowns out the few good ones.

I'm speaking of fans on the internet. If I had to go worst fans in person in arena, easily the Jazz.

or basically, bandwagon fans that show up when the team is good, and make the fan base suck. Can't say I disagree really

Driven
04-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Dallas had the third best attendance this season. Gotta mean something.

ewing
04-24-2019, 09:49 AM
it happens when you suck forever and are all of a sudden in the conversation for GOAT team.

To the thread, Sixers (or Philly fans in general) seem the most insufferable. I despise Laker fans, but more so Kobe fans.

Sixers fans are bad to. Brainless mob

GREATNESS ONE
04-24-2019, 10:23 AM

Lolololololol!!! \Thread!

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 10:28 AM
Sixers fans are bad to. Brainless mob

They are just so full of anger

cmellofan15
04-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Generally Lakers fans through the good and the bad times. But honorable mention to the Heat fans during the Lebron era.

Giannis94
04-24-2019, 12:09 PM

I think Cleveland/Cavs fans in general are pretty stupid. We have some VERY intelligent fans who know the sports inside-out but the vast majority of them are ignorant. Most seem to know absolutely NOTHING outside of their own city's teams and can't formulate a rational and objective opinion about their own teams. J.J. Hickson? GONNA BE A LEGEND. Peyton Hillis? BEST RUNNING BACK IN THE NFL.

All fan bases have stupid fans but I swear the lack of knowledge and logic is enormous with ours.

On the plus side, we're extremely loyal that's for sure. Emotional and passionate through the roof. A very few are stupid enough to do stupid things when scorned or overjoyed (eating horseshit during the Cavs championship parade, pissing on Art Modell's grave, etc...), but generally it's because Cavs (and especially Browns) fans are starved. Cleveland is a tough city full of crime/drugs/poverty and it sorta breeds that kind of emotional loyalty.

I'm not surprised. Probably an inside job by the admins to drum up attention as the site continues to spiral down the toilet.

Giannis94
04-24-2019, 12:10 PM
Lakers fans. They put a rapist on a pedestal and worship him. /thread

See philly fans, i wuv u

Driven
04-24-2019, 12:47 PM
Dallas had the third best attendance this season. Gotta mean something.

Don't know why but I was thinking best fan bases

buckalis
04-24-2019, 03:10 PM
They are just so full of anger

They have many things common with Lakers fans... "Embiid is the best player", "Simmons is All Star", "Fultz is gonna be All-Star" (before...), They are now beating the Raps, then the ...Celtics (!) and will play to the finals against GSW where they have the best chance out of all other teams!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can't see beyond their nose, nor have any basketball knowledge what so ever... That other guy thought that Lowry will be guarding ...Simmons (!) - obviously because they both play PG - in their coming up series against the Raps! ...and of course Butler will cease Kwahi! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 03:14 PM
They have many things common with Lakers fans... "Embiid is the best player", "Simmons is All Star", "Fultz is gonna be All-Star" (before...), They are now beating the Raps, then the ...Celtics (!) and will play to the finals against GSW where they have the best chance out of all other teams!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can't see beyond their nose, nor have any basketball knowledge what so ever... That other guy thought that Lowry will be guarding ...Simmons (!) - obviously because they both play PG - in their coming up series against the Raps! ...and of course Butler will cease Kwahi! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I mean more so that their fans are kinda dicks. Not delusional, every fan base has those, but they are flat out mean, and take pride in it.

buckalis
04-24-2019, 03:22 PM
I mean more so that their fans are kinda dicks. Not delusional, every fan base has those, but they are flat out mean, and take pride in it.

I can be mean too... but never am delusional... They wouldn't take pride in it if they were not delusional, would they? Same with the Lakers fans!

R. Johnson#3
04-24-2019, 04:45 PM
After watching Sixer fans boo their team in the first game of the playoffs I think the title goes to them.

warfelg
04-24-2019, 04:49 PM
After watching Sixer fans boo their team in the first game of the playoffs I think the title goes to them.

Why is booing the 3 seed playing like **** what gives the title? Should we have been cheering a piss poor performance?

WaDe03
04-24-2019, 04:50 PM
A troll/bait thread? Iím not surprised.

LakerClipperFan
04-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Agree 100. Even after this season, some Lakerfans are alleging that if it wasn't for injuries, LAL would have been a 3rd seed. The term "young core" was introduced by Lakerfans to describe a trio of supposedly emerging superstars, none of whom are still on the team: Randle, D'Angelo, Clarkson.

Now "young core" refers to players like Kuzma, Ingram, Ball, Hart. Are any of them that great?

Lakers are the most overhyped team.

The most overly optimistic fans are Lakers fans. They think they are either going to win the title or that they are one, obvious only to them, move from winning it.

Vee-Rex
04-24-2019, 06:40 PM
I can be mean too... but never am delusional... They wouldn't take pride in it if they were not delusional, would they? Same with the Lakers fans!

Nah I don't think you can mean, homie. You drop facts that's all.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 08:16 PM
I can be mean too... but never am delusional... They wouldn't take pride in it if they were not delusional, would they?

Post of the year.

LakerClipperFan
04-24-2019, 10:43 PM
Bryantfans don't even have a team anymore, because they hate #LABron.

We are seeing a lot of kobefans in L.A. coming over to Clipper Nation.

COOLbeans
04-24-2019, 11:05 PM
Why is booing the 3 seed playing like **** what gives the title? Should we have been cheering a piss poor performance?

I understand the seeding. But not too long ago, the sixers were easily the worst team in the league. (The Warriors also had that record long ago..) but because the dubs stunk for so long, Bay Area fans would never boo the Warriors over one game (2 years removed from tanking). I do think that separates the fan bases. Blood sweat and tears. And not mention patience is key to supporting a team on the rise.

Congrats on moving on to the next round. Should be an awesome series!

R. Johnson#3
04-25-2019, 05:29 AM

I never said you should be cheering. Booing any seed in the very first playoff game is just a bad look in my books. I heckle and chirp the away team consistently but you'll never catch me booing my own team.

warfelg
04-25-2019, 07:50 AM
I never said you should be cheering. Booing any seed in the very first playoff game is just a bad look in my books. I heckle and chirp the away team consistently but you'll never catch me booing my own team.

I mean. They were playing like trash. Outside of Simmons they all said they deserved it.

Sorry I just donít get this mentality that booing a **** performance makes you a bad fan.

More-Than-Most
04-25-2019, 08:20 AM

then they should be better... you dont get to talk about someone booing when you refuse to shoot... gtfo with that ********... you dont get to sit here and think you deserve to be cheered when you havent done **** to warrant the cheering... I am so sick of entitled moronic fanbases that belittle us because they think they should cheer for their team nomatter what... pass... If this team won a championship like the warriors/cavs etc then yes youd have a point but this team hasnt won ****... they get paid to play at a high level and the fans showing up like we do pay that salary etc and pay for the rights to retain butler/harris and so on because we show up.... this entitlement **** has to stop.... if ben simmons was the best ****ing player in the world with no flaws having a bad game and we boo that is one thing but he is a guy that was shut down and cost us last year all because HE WONT SHOOT.... Our coach was being ******** in that game 1 and our players played like **** at home against a team that by the series result had no reason being on the floor with us if we played like we should have played from game 1..... sorry but you dont cheer stupidity and reward idiocy. Maybe these other teams fans do but id rather boo players that have faults but think they are gods gift over cheering just because they wear my teams jersey

prodigy
04-25-2019, 12:54 PM

You are rigfht about thre cavs because there were A LOT of front runners/lebron fans who jumped on that team. Which resulted in people not knowing much about the game.

I ran a college sports show for a few years while in college and do many other things with Cleveland sports fans. Sure you got dumb people. But i think maybe u are focused more on the group you hang with. Because its not nearly as bad as you put it. Hickson and Hillis both had good years for their teams. Don't think its a bad thing people were hoping for them to be special.

As someone who lives right outside Cleveland in a beautiful area and works downtown 5 days a week. I have yet to see drugs, or crimes taking place. only been here 30 years so i guess theres time lol. Avoid the bad areas just like any area (NY, CA, FL etc...) you will be fine and enjoy urself.

YAALREADYKNO
04-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Lebron fan base

R. Johnson#3
04-26-2019, 11:16 AM
then they should be better... you dont get to talk about someone booing when you refuse to shoot... gtfo with that ********... you dont get to sit here and think you deserve to be cheered when you havent done **** to warrant the cheering... I am so sick of entitled moronic fanbases that belittle us because they think they should cheer for their team nomatter what... pass... If this team won a championship like the warriors/cavs etc then yes youd have a point but this team hasnt won ****... they get paid to play at a high level and the fans showing up like we do pay that salary etc and pay for the rights to retain butler/harris and so on because we show up.... this entitlement **** has to stop.... if ben simmons was the best ****ing player in the world with no flaws having a bad game and we boo that is one thing but he is a guy that was shut down and cost us last year all because HE WONT SHOOT.... Our coach was being ******** in that game 1 and our players played like **** at home against a team that by the series result had no reason being on the floor with us if we played like we should have played from game 1..... sorry but you dont cheer stupidity and reward idiocy. Maybe these other teams fans do but id rather boo players that have faults but think they are gods gift over cheering just because they wear my teams jersey

Thanks for hardening my stance.

R. Johnson#3
04-26-2019, 11:23 AM
I mean. They were playing like trash. Outside of Simmons they all said they deserved it.

Sorry I just donít get this mentality that booing a **** performance makes you a bad fan.

It's just my way of thinking. I don't find it helpful to boo my own team. Sure, they said they deserved it after the fact but it can definitely demoralize a team during.

warfelg
04-26-2019, 11:31 AM
I mean, to me thatís a passionate great fan base.

To me bad fan bases are ones that donít push the team to do more. Be more. Be better.

New Orleans, Charlotte, Orlando, Phoenix. This are bad fan based. They are just happy to be there.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2019, 12:03 PM

To me bad fan bases are ones that donít push the team to do more. Be more. Be better.

New Orleans, Charlotte, Orlando, Phoenix. This are bad fan based. They are just happy to be there.

dude Philly fans are absolute jerks, and can be violent. They are notorious for it. "Passionate", doesn't mean you actually take a ****ing game so serious that it completely makes you lose your mind.

How many examples of violence, or indecent behavior from Philly fans need to be brought up? Of course not all their fans are bad, but they earned their rep for a legit reason.

buckalis
04-26-2019, 12:13 PM

IMO, what makes a bad fan base is when fans are being delusional... N.O, Charlotte, Orlando, Phoenix are not booing their team, because they have some sense of its capabilities and at what level they are... The Sixers fans OTOH, think that they are the best team in the universe...

In the home game against the Bucks, your fans turned their back on the game and started marching off the arena while there were 2 whole mins on the clock and the difference was in single numbers... All other fans would have done exactly the opposite... They would have stand by their team and would cheer as to motivate the players for a come back...

A look on the PSD forums is enough to show how bad your fan base is... The mod that is a fan of your team, banns who ever is critical on the Sixers for... baiting! "More than most" and "Dish 87" are easily among the 5 worst posters that are destroying this forum's credibility, but never get banned because Riviera covers their ***... "More than most" dominates the "game prediction" thread by making more than 100 posts for every single happening of the game, each and every time the Sixers play... This forum (PSD) is dying... and the main responsible for this is the moderation of the Lakers fans and of the Sixers fans...

JAZZNC
04-26-2019, 01:02 PM
IMO, what makes a bad fan base is when fans are being delusional... N.O, Charlotte, Orlando, Phoenix are not booing their team, because they have some sense of its capabilities and at what level they are... The Sixers fans OTOH, think that they are the best team in the universe...

In the home game against the Bucks, your fans turned their back on the game and started marching off the arena while there were 2 whole mins on the clock and the difference was in single numbers... All other fans would have done exactly the opposite... They would have stand by their team and would cheer as to motivate the players for a come back...

A look on the PSD forums is enough to show how bad your fan base is... The mod that is a fan of your team, banns who ever is critical on the Sixers for... baiting! "More than most" and "Dish 87" are easily among the 5 worst posters that are destroying this forum's credibility, but never get banned because Riviera covers their ***... "More than most" dominates the "game prediction" thread by making more than 100 posts for every single happening of the game, each and every time the Sixers play... This forum (PSD) is dying... and the main responsible for this is the moderation of the Lakers fans and of the Sixers fans...
And a couple of complete weirdo Bucks fans that have no grasp of the English language, constantly talk out of their ***, and get banned repeatedly......that doesn't help things either. But keep doing you Bo! I do love your PSD conspiracy theories thought haha!

buckalis
04-26-2019, 01:28 PM
And a couple of complete weirdo Bucks fans that have no grasp of the English language, constantly talk out of their ***, and get banned repeatedly......that doesn't help things either. But keep doing you Bo! I do love your PSD conspiracy theories thought haha!

It's not my fault that you are not a Bucks fan mate... You should know better when you decided!

I know it's painful watching Giannis destroying your team, but it makes us happy! :D

mightybosstone
04-26-2019, 01:34 PM
I won't speak to specific fan bases since the vast majority of experience would be from the extremely small sample sizes of the internet (much of it from PSD). But I'll talk generally about the types of fans I especially loathe:

1. Over-the-top homer: If you're a fan of a team, you're inevitably going to be a bit of a homer. I have to remind myself to try and be somewhat objective when I talk about Hakeem and Harden, for example, but I can even find flaws in them when I take a step back and be honest with myself. But there are some fans who honestly believe they and their team can do not wrong, on or off the court. If your team hovered around .500 all season long, got swept in the first round of the playoffs and has no cap space, but you're still defending them as legit contenders with a chance to sign Durant this summer... you're probably that fan.

2. Team-jumping fair weather fan: If you're a fan of whichever team is winning in a given decade or constantly telling people that you're not a fan of teams, but of players (and those players just happen to be playing for championship teams), this is you. It's one thing to have a couple of teams you consistently root for for various reasons. But if you were rooting like crazy for Kobe and Shaq 15 years ago, Lebron and Wade 7-8 years ago and find yourself donning Warriors gear and defending Curry and Durant the last few seasons, you're the worst... Pick a fan base or at least recognize how awful you are and just accept that no one respects you as a fan.

3. Casual fan who doesn't know he/she is casual fan: This fan base might be the worst, IMO. These are the people who you talk to about basketball and you immediately recognize that they've watched all of 1-2 games this season, don't have any clue who 80% of the players on their own team are, have never heard of a single advanced statistic and think Kobe and Duncan are still in the league. These are the people who you know within 10 seconds of talking to them have no clue what they're talking about, but they still have absurdly stupid takes with no evidence to back them up and are willing to defend them to the death. Screw this person. But, then again, this person is the kind of person who rubs me the wrong way in pretty much anything. If your knowledge of Trump's presidency is everything you watched during his campaign or you watched 5 movies this year and are convinced "Aquaman" was the best movie of the year, just stop it. You're ignorant, and you need to recognize it.

4. Arrogant frontrunner fan: This is the fan whose team is currently on the top of the league's totem pole and likes to let everyone know it as much as possible. This fan has no self awareness to remember what it was like when his/her team was at the bottom and how much it sucked, and he/she doesn't have the sensitivity to realize there are 29 other fanbases who would kill to be where they are. Right now, I see this a lot with some Warriors fans, but I've seen it in the past with Lakers fans a lot as well.

5. The fan who always brings up his own athletic experience: If you were the sixth man on some junior college team 10 years ago, but the closest you ever got to an NBA floor was when you got to be the ball boy for a game as a kid, this might be you. We have a few of these guys on PSD. The fans who like to take pretty much every discussion and turn it into "that's how I played the game" or "you could never know what it's like unless you played at the level I played." Just stop it. No one's impressed that you were the MVP of the second round game of whatever Division 37-B tournament your craptastic college played in. Get over yourself and quit comparing your jump shot to Kobe's.

Off the top of my head, those are the five worst, but I'll have to think on this. I've got to be missing a few...

dino_2000_22
04-26-2019, 01:35 PM
Lakers for sure...always finding excuses instead of blaming their GM/Coach/Soon to be Owner Lebron

Driven
04-26-2019, 01:35 PM
It's not my fault that you are not a Bucks fan mate... You should know better when you decided!

I know it's painful watching Giannis destroying your team, but it makes us happy! :D

If I were to choose a favorite team from scratch today, the Bucks would still be near or at the bottom of the barrel. One good season doesn't change the fact that the franchise has had one other good season since 1991 and is in one of the most unattractive markets in the NBA.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Also wouldn't be willing to bank on Giannis for more than two more years.

Hawkeye15
04-26-2019, 02:10 PM
5. The fan who always brings up his own athletic experience: If you were the sixth man on some junior college team 10 years ago, but the closest you ever got to an NBA floor was when you got to be the ball boy for a game as a kid, this might be you. We have a few of these guys on PSD. The fans who like to take pretty much every discussion and turn it into "that's how I played the game" or "you could never know what it's like unless you played at the level I played." Just stop it. No one's impressed that you were the MVP of the second round game of whatever Division 37-B tournament your craptastic college played in. Get over yourself and quit comparing your jump shot to Kobe's.

hahaha

Hawkeye15
04-26-2019, 02:11 PM
the fan who was in love with JJ Barea a few years back always cracked me up

JAZZNC
04-26-2019, 02:32 PM
I won't speak to specific fan bases since the vast majority of experience would be from the extremely small sample sizes of the internet (much of it from PSD). But I'll talk generally about the types of fans I especially loathe:

1. Over-the-type homer: If you're a fan of a team, you're inevitably going to be a bit of a homer. I have to remind myself to try and be somewhat objective when I talk about Hakeem and Harden, for example, but I can even find flaws in them when I take a step back and be honest with myself. But there are some fans who honestly believe they and their team can do not wrong, on or off the court. If your team hovered around .500 all season long, got swept in the first round of the playoffs and has no cap space, but you're still defending them as legit contenders with a chance to sign Durant this summer... you're probably that fan.

2. Team-jumping fair weather fan: If you're a fan of whichever team is winning in a given decade or constantly telling people that you're not a fan of teams, but of players (and those players just happen to be playing for championship teams), this is you. It's one thing to have a couple of teams you consistently root for for various reasons. But if you were rooting like crazy for Kobe and Shaq 15 years ago, Lebron and Wade 7-8 years ago and find yourself donning Warriors gear and defending Curry and Durant the last few seasons, you're the worst... Pick a fan base or at least recognize how awful you are and just accept that no one respects you as a fan.

3. Casual fan who doesn't know he/she is casual fan: This fan base might be the worst, IMO. These are the people who you talk to about basketball and you immediately recognize that they've watched all of 1-2 games this season, don't have any clue who 80% of the players on their own team are, have never heard of a single advanced statistic and think Kobe and Duncan are still in the league. These are the people who you know within 10 seconds of talking to them have no clue what they're talking about, but they still have absurdly stupid takes with no evidence to back them up and are willing to defend them to the death. Screw this person. But, then again, this person is the kind of person who rubs me the wrong way in pretty much anything. If your knowledge of Trump's presidency is everything you watched during his campaign or you watched 5 movies this year and are convinced "Aquaman" was the best movie of the year, just stop it. You're ignorant, and you need to recognize it.

4. Arrogant frontrunner fan: This is the fan whose team is currently on the top of the league's totem pole and likes to let everyone know it as much as possible. This fan has no self awareness to remember what it was like when his/her team was at the bottom and how much it sucked, and he/she doesn't have the sensitivity to realize there are 29 other fanbases who would kill to be where they are. Right now, I see this a lot with some Warriors fans, but I've seen it in the past with Lakers fans a lot as well.

Off the top of my head, those are the five worst, but I'll have to think on this. I've got to be missing a few...
This is pretty damn good! I'm in the same boat, as I don't know a lot about other fan bases other than what I've seen on sports forums. To me #1 and #5 are the worst. The last one irritates me because they think since they were lucky enough to be born tall they are somehow super knowledgeable. GTFOH with that nonsense.

Giannis94
04-26-2019, 02:38 PM
the fan who was in love with JJ Barea a few years back always cracked me up

I miss the "DoMeFavors" guy and the kings Tyreke Evans guy.

Jamiecballer
04-26-2019, 05:38 PM
hahahaLol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Lil Rhody
04-26-2019, 05:46 PM

1. Over-the-top homer: If you're a fan of a team, you're inevitably going to be a bit of a homer. I have to remind myself to try and be somewhat objective when I talk about Hakeem and Harden, for example, but I can even find flaws in them when I take a step back and be honest with myself. But there are some fans who honestly believe they and their team can do not wrong, on or off the court. If your team hovered around .500 all season long, got swept in the first round of the playoffs and has no cap space, but you're still defending them as legit contenders with a chance to sign Durant this summer... you're probably that fan.

Off the top of my head, those are the five worst, but I'll have to think on this. I've got to be missing a few...What's your real name I'm writting you in my ballot next year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

warfelg
04-26-2019, 06:34 PM
dude Philly fans are absolute jerks, and can be violent.

I'm also a Steelers and Red Sox fan. I've seen far worse in terms of fan to fan behavior in Pittsburgh and Boston than I have in Philly.

"Passionate", doesn't mean you actually take a ****ing game so serious that it completely makes you lose your mind.

'Fan' is short for 'Fanatic'; which means shows excessive zeal and emotion. Displeasure is an emotion.

How many examples of violence, or indecent behavior from Philly fans need to be brought up? Of course not all their fans are bad, but they earned their rep for a legit reason.

And the rep has become VERY overblown TBH.

ewing
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Sixer fans are making their case

LaVar Ball
04-26-2019, 10:03 PM
naps
El Hidalgo
Metroman
Dnewguy

All sucked

Hawkeye15
04-26-2019, 11:41 PM
I'm also a Steelers and Red Sox fan. I've seen far worse in terms of fan to fan behavior in Pittsburgh and Boston than I have in Philly.

'Fan' is short for 'Fanatic'; which means shows excessive zeal and emotion. Displeasure is an emotion.

And the rep has become VERY overblown TBH.

Dude the rep has been earned. Live with it. Plenty of you are great, but you know damn well you have a ton of fans who take pride in being over the top and total douchebags. You don't speak for the entire base. Nobody does

buckalis
04-27-2019, 06:20 PM
If I were to choose a favorite team from scratch today, the Bucks would still be near or at the bottom of the barrel. One good season doesn't change the fact that the franchise has had one other good season since 1991 and is in one of the most unattractive markets in the NBA.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Also wouldn't be willing to bank on Giannis for more than two more years.

Yes but... That's a credit for the Bucks! We don't want people like you that want to be fans of winning teams and hope that Giannis will ever leave the Bucks...

By the way... Make no mistake buddy... Giannis will be a Buck forever in his entire life... A future shareholder, potential president of Basketball operations but all this is only after he decides to end his KING OF the NBA player career... :D

prodigy
04-30-2019, 09:24 AM

But ur in the postseason and most those players are not even close to trash.

But i do agree with booing. fans are the only reason basketball (or any sport) even exists. Fans are the ONLY reason these athletes make millions playing a game. no fans mean no money means no sport.

Thats an important message for guys like westbrook. Ya racism should never take place. But if a fan wants to say you suck ** ** ******** ***. then they can. Because they are why you live a insane lifestyle.

goingfor28
04-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Lakers and Warriors easily

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Binaro
04-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Laker Clipper Fan Base

tp13baby
04-30-2019, 07:44 PM
But ur in the postseason and most those players are not even close to trash.

But i do agree with booing. fans are the only reason basketball (or any sport) even exists. Fans are the ONLY reason these athletes make millions playing a game. no fans mean no money means no sport.

Thats an important message for guys like westbrook. Ya racism should never take place. But if a fan wants to say you suck ** ** ******** ***. then they can. Because they are why you live a insane lifestyle.

Nah that doesnít give you a right.

You can boo your team tho. I do agree with that. You pay money to see a good product.

j-bay
04-30-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm a team jumper, but thats because our gm was the dumbest gm in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong i love the Celtics, but i want to see the Wizards win at least one. Celtics will always win titles.

Headache 21
05-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Do the Cardinals play basketball?

prodigy
05-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Nah that doesnít give you a right.

You can boo your team tho. I do agree with that. You pay money to see a good product.

what do you disagree with? sounds like you agreed with me lol

rhino17
05-02-2019, 11:34 PM
Warriors fans are typically the most annoying, lots of band wagoners and super rude

Knicks fans are crazy arrogant for how atrocious their franchise has been for decades. They still talk ****. Also, MSG is the biggest dump of a stadium in the nba, Mecca my ***, itís disgusting

Nuggets fans are the most apathetic, always more visiting fans in the stadium, literally no die Garda exist

Cal827
05-05-2019, 07:57 PM

You can't just make this list and not leave examples Bosstone :laugh2:

Good job though :clap: this is a great list

Cal827
05-05-2019, 07:59 PM
I miss the "DoMeFavors" guy and the kings Tyreke Evans guy.

DoMeFavors is a legend, DO NOT SAY HIS NAME IN VAIN :laugh2:

COUSINSEVANSDUO :laugh2:

Might be homers, but gotta respect their overly homerism for their teams :laugh2:

Cal827
05-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Not gonna lie, I don't like a lot of the Raptors fan base (aside from most of the people who post here who have legitimate knowledge of the game).

It's always the same crap on our news... complaints that people don't want to stay here cause Canada; the Refs are ALWAYS working against us (I loathe Matt Devlin more than I loathe "Low-Fat" Cheese... every time a Raptor drives, he usually goes "No call") and excuses for everything. Changes should've happened after Cleveland swept them the first time in 2017, but "the Cavs were unbelievably hot, it won't happen next year (same thing happens next year)".. or even this year when Lowry has his terrible games, they go on about the intangibles (while I understand are valuable, don't tell me that a guy who went scoreless and 0-8 from the field had a very good game).

The types of fans that annoy me most are the front runner/casual mix.... Nothing like someone blindly rooting for their team, but not knowing what the **** a pick/roll or a 3 is. Saw this a few years ago in baseball when the Jays made the playoffs for the first time in a while... Some people at the game I went to didn't know what a single was :laugh2:

Driven
05-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Iím not going to hate on people for not being hardcore fans of the game. Theyíre still there to support their city.

More-Than-Most
05-06-2019, 07:22 AM
Sixer fans are making their case

lol we get a bad rep.. but we arent in the top 15 of any sport... we just boo the shiiters and cheer the great ones and are super emotionally invested.. we have a magnifying glass under us because we threw snow balls at santa... gtfo.

buckalis
05-06-2019, 09:13 AM
lol we get a bad rep.. but we arent in the top 15 of any sport... we just boo the shiiters and cheer the great ones and are super emotionally invested.. we have a magnifying glass under us because we threw snow balls at santa... gtfo.

To my surprise, you never boo against Embiid as an individual, but only boo against the whole team... This is despite Embiid having being restricted to 11 pts per against Gasol in all 6 games (2 against the Grizzlies and 4 against the Sixers) up to now...

Hawkeye15
05-06-2019, 11:06 AM

nah, Philly fans have a terrible rep for a good reason. They are a violent, terrible base of fans (not everyone obvi).

Giannis94
05-06-2019, 10:37 PM
nah, Philly fans have a terrible rep for a good reason. They are a violent, terrible base of fans (not everyone obvi).

They should have kept Tebow longer to soften their fanbase up. Philly fans just expect their sports teams to suck and get mad when they're good and fly into fits of rage when they let them down.

More-Than-Most
05-07-2019, 12:25 AM
To my surprise, you never boo against Embiid as an individual, but only boo against the whole team... This is despite Embiid having being restricted to 11 pts per against Gasol in all 6 games (2 against the Grizzlies and 4 against the Sixers) up to now...

its hard to get mad at embiid when he is damn near perfect... i have and do get mad when he tries to dribble like a pg or take constant 3s.

computerrepair
05-07-2019, 12:29 AM

Couldn't agree more, violent and have a bad reputation.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-07-2019, 09:20 AM
Nothing beats the Heat fans from 2010. I remember that ******* like the plague.

Htownballa1622
05-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Nothing beats the Heat fans from 2010. I remember that ******* like the plague.
ehh. I remember Bulls fans back then being bad too. D Roses Bulls? **** poster he was especially when Rose won that mvp that he shouldn't have.

KB24PG16
05-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Generally Lakers fans through the good and the bad times. But honorable mention to the Heat fans during the Lebron era.

there used to be so many heat fans on this site, they're all gone now for the most part lol

Giannis94
05-07-2019, 11:24 AM
its hard to get mad at embiid when he is damn near perfect... i have and do get mad when he tries to dribble like a pg or take constant 3s.

Damn near perfect? He's been a ghost this postseason minus two games while also making excuses left and right

LakerClipperFan
05-07-2019, 12:26 PM
Well there are a lot of internet trolls posing as Laker fans who hate #LABron. Can you call them part of a fanbase?

LakerClipperFan
05-07-2019, 12:27 PM
how do you like Lebron's Lakers? haha, i see ur a bryantfan

there used to be so many heat fans on this site, they're all gone now for the most part lol

WhiteShadow42
05-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Well there are a lot of internet trolls posing as Laker fans who hate #LABron. Can you call them part of a fanbase?

Coming from you, that's hilarious.

Giannis94
05-07-2019, 02:59 PM

I have no problem if they support Lebron. I do have a problem if someone supports kobe and not lebron. Kobe is a rapist. Lebron is not.

buckalis
05-08-2019, 06:04 PM
I have no problem if they support Lebron. I do have a problem if someone supports kobe and not lebron. Kobe is a rapist. Lebron is not.

How do you know? was it you that he raped?

lakerfan85
05-09-2019, 02:42 PM
naps
El Hidalgo
Metroman
Dnewguy

All sucked

Donít forget P&G Realist and that Kobe-Pau-DH12 guy..

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Coming from you, that's hilarious.

:laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
05-09-2019, 03:03 PM

:laugh2:

Saddletramp
05-09-2019, 06:06 PM

Whatís pretty funny is Iím pretty sure Lavar Ball up there is just one of P&G Realistís dupes.

ewing
05-09-2019, 11:10 PM
the Sixers went up 20 in the second quarter tonight. The Raps went on a 9-0 and Sixer fans let them have it lol

LaVar Ball
05-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Donít forget P&G Realist and that KB-Pau-DH12 guy..

fixed

prodigy
05-10-2019, 12:45 PM
the Sixers went up 20 in the second quarter tonight. The Raps went on a 9-0 and Sixer fans let them have it lol

is that good or bad?

ewing
05-10-2019, 12:57 PM
is that good or bad?

They are bad people

lakerfan85
05-10-2019, 01:36 PM
fixed

Thanks.. Itís hard to remember multiple dupe accounts..

ewing
05-19-2019, 12:06 AM
The Raptors or Sixers are both good answers

Confusious
05-19-2019, 02:21 AM
The most overly optimistic fans are Lakers fans. They think they are either going to win the title or that they are one, obvious only to them, move from winning it. Second to them are Bucks fans. They are not nearly as many as Lakers fans, but they are certain they are destined for greatness.
Giannis is destined for greatness.

Cal827
05-19-2019, 10:31 AM

Do Not speak in vain about the GOAT :laugh2:

Cal827
05-19-2019, 10:32 AM
The Raptors or Sixers are both good answers

:laugh2: The Raptors/Sixers series thread get to you?

Cal827
05-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Giannis is destined for greatness.

We talking Antetokounmpo, or 94?

WestCoastSportz
05-21-2019, 12:31 PM
So many haters for Golden State Warriors' fans here its comical and its not even based on the fanbase, but their hatred of the team. I do concur that their are a lot of bandwagoners that jumped onboard when they started winning. I have buddies who were never even into basketball wearing Warriors' gear now, but its still a small percentage compared to the diehard fans that stuck with them through the Cohan era. I was a ticket holder in the 90's when the Warriors were winning 21 games in a season. I was at the games watching guys like Clifford Rozier, Chris Gatling, Rony Siekaly and Victor Alexander. So now that we're good, I can't gloat a little?

Scoots
05-21-2019, 11:05 PM
So many haters for Golden State Warriors' fans here its comical and its not even based on the fanbase, but their hatred of the team. I do concur that their are a lot of bandwagoners that jumped onboard when they started winning. I have buddies who were never even into basketball wearing Warriors' gear now, but its still a small percentage compared to the diehard fans that stuck with them through the Cohan era. I was a ticket holder in the 90's when the Warriors were winning 21 games in a season. I was at the games watching guys like Clifford Rozier, Chris Gatling, Rony Siekaly and Victor Alexander. So now that we're good, I can't gloat a little?

Remember that scar on Gatling's head? IIRC he fell off a car he was washing to get that. I go back a generation before that with Larry "Mr Mean" Smith.

Man, looking back there were SO MANY players the Warriors had early, gave up on, and went on to have much better careers with other teams. It's nice being the team that didn't give up on talent too quick this time.

Giannis94
05-21-2019, 11:09 PM
We talking Antetokounmpo, or 94?

Has to be the player because the only thing I'm destined for,with the current modding and Philly fans purging the likes of Bucksails and Tredigs- is a ban. It's nearly inevitable

Sferion
06-04-2019, 05:56 AM
Hate them

Metroman
Dnewguy

mightybosstone
06-04-2019, 10:53 AM

I don't dislike some Warriors fans on this site because the Warriors are great. I dislike some of them because they often come off as arrogant and act like they completely forgot what losing basketball games for decades felt like. Having a team this talented to root for is incredibly lucky and should be seen as a privilege that fans ought to appreciateóafter these guys are gone, the Warriors aren't likely to have a team this good ever again.

This Astros team right now (while not as prolific as the Warriors) feels similar, and I've truly appreciated getting to watch them play baseball and be at the top of the league. But I don't forget what losing 100+ games for multiple seasons felt like or what getting swept in their only other World Series appearance in 2005 felt like. And I certainly don't act superior to other teams fan bases just because the team I root for is on top.

I feel like there are a lot of Warriors fans out there (including on this site) that need to learn that lesson...

Jeffy25
06-04-2019, 01:13 PM

I think that perspective is based on a few things

1. Where are you communicating with these fans? Is it in the stands? Is it online in generic areas, where common/average fans would visit? Or more targeted areas like here?

2. I still believe certain sports attract certain levels of intellect, so the sport could have an affect.

I don't have a favorite NBA team, but I love the Cardinals, and I can't handle the fans in more general areas (local message forums, facebook etc) where there is no education on the sport what-so-ever, and only the loud and ignorant type.

In the stands though, fans are far better one on one. There are plenty of idiots, but usually you can casually talk to a more average fan who doesn't talk so loudly about the team that seems to have a pretty good grasp on the game and not be so annoying.

Saddletramp
06-04-2019, 05:13 PM
I don't dislike some Warriors fans on this site because the Warriors are great. I dislike some of them because they often come off as arrogant and act like they completely forgot what losing basketball games for decades felt like. Having a team this talented to root for is incredibly lucky and should be seen as a privilege that fans ought to appreciateóafter these guys are gone, the Warriors aren't likely to have a team this good ever again.

This Astros team right now (while not as prolific as the Warriors) feels similar, and I've truly appreciated getting to watch them play baseball and be at the top of the league. But I don't forget what losing 100+ games for multiple seasons felt like or what getting swept in their only other World Series appearance in 2005 felt like. And I certainly don't act superior to other teams fan bases just because the team I root for is on top.

I feel like there are a lot of Warriors fans out there (including on this site) that need to learn that lesson...

Some of them are like the poor kid you felt sorry for back in grade school and then his dad came into a lot of money all of the sudden and he quickly turned into a Grade A *******.

And some of them have always been miserable ****ing pricks or dumb as sheet rock.

Switch
06-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Can't speak for every fan base. But being on the west coast it's gotta be between Laker and Warrior fans

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Opeze
06-08-2019, 05:45 AM
Probably El Hidalgo

cmellofan15
06-08-2019, 12:04 PM
I think warriors fans made a strong case last night with their mass exodus in potentially the last game ever at oracle

Cal827
06-09-2019, 12:00 AM
Think we're bad now, wait for if we win this series :laugh2: Ima gonna put DoMeFavors and COUSINSEVANSDUO to shame