PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about Russell Westbrook?

cmellofan15
04-23-2019, 08:12 PM
OG hater of Westbrook here, almost exclusively for his his play on the court (interviews always bothered me a bit). But with his play and antics this playoffs, it seems like everyone has turned on Russ. So I'd like to pose this question to PSD...how do you feel about Westbrook?

beasted86
04-23-2019, 08:21 PM
I've always felt the opinion that he hurt his team more than helped had always been exaggerated up until this season. 65% FT, 29% 3PT. Unacceptable. Defense has taken a big dip over the last 3 seasons as he's chased triple doubles.

flea
04-23-2019, 08:23 PM
Always thought it was a shame he developed his game and mindset like he did and that he had the talent to be a top 3 guard in the NBA, and I've been as critical as anyone else around here of him in the past.

That said, he plays harder than any other star in the regular season and he chafes the butts of journalists as bad as anyone this side of Trump. For that he is great.

beasted86
04-23-2019, 08:26 PM
... But I'd still gladly take him in a trade and figure out how to fix the flaws later. Dragic, Winslow + two 1sts, final offer.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2019, 10:05 PM
... But I'd still gladly take him in a trade and figure out how to fix the flaws later. Dragic, Winslow + two 1sts, final offer.

You don't want age 30 and above Westbrook making max money. Always knew when his unwordly athletic ability started to decline to just really good, he would fade fast. He is 2 years away from being a liability to his team entirely.

blahblahyoutoo
04-23-2019, 10:34 PM
he's a stat padder.
and he has really big lips.

Scoots
04-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Allen Iverson with a work ethic and less game talent and more athletic talent.

R. Johnson#3
04-23-2019, 10:59 PM
I respect the hell out of his hustle it's just a shame that it's all for stats. I had no idea his FT% dipped all the way down to 65% this year. How in the hell does a guy go from 85% 2 years ago to 65% this year? Has anyone fallen off that hard before?

All in all, Russell Westbrook is an athletic freak with drive like nobody else. Unfortunately athleticism fades faster than game and it remains to be seen if he actually has any of the latter. I think he'll be a starting PG on a bad team in a few years if he doesn't change soon.

ewing
04-23-2019, 11:04 PM

I can see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
04-23-2019, 11:05 PM
I respect the hell out of his hustle it's just a shame that it's all for stats. I had no idea his FT% dipped all the way down to 65% this year. How in the hell does a guy go from 85% 2 years ago to 65% this year? Has anyone fallen off that hard before?

All in all, Russell Westbrook is an athletic freak with drive like nobody else. Unfortunately athleticism fades faster than game and it remains to be seen if he actually has any of the latter. I think he'll be a starting PG on a bad team in a few years if he doesn't change soon.

Vin Baker had ďyipsĒ for awhile. I have check the stats but Alonzo Morning had developed a jump shot before the Kidney and I donít think he ever made one after

dhopisthename
04-23-2019, 11:54 PM
I thought he was a little overrated the past few years, but I thought he at least bought a ferocity that no one else in the league brought. this year though you just can't ignore how badly he is shooting it. I honestly don't understand how he shot so poorly this year. he went from a 80% ft shooter to a 65% guy. I think on the simmons podcast they talked about trading him. Who on earth would trade for him unless he at sometimes shows that he is willing to be John stockton and utilize his good passing. His contract has 4 more years on it with a player option on the end of it. he might be the 2nd worst contract in the NBA.

LaVar Ball
04-24-2019, 01:31 AM
Westdick
Westbrick
Overrated
Moody
Nutcase
Manic Depressive Disorder
Bipolar Disorder
Beeeeyaatttcchh

That's what i think of him

Scoots
04-24-2019, 01:42 AM
Westdick
Westbrick
Overrated
Moody
Nutcase
Manic Depressive Disorder
Bipolar Disorder
Beeeeyaatttcchh

That's what i think of him

But would you trade LeBron for him?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-24-2019, 02:07 AM
his game is as he looks...ugly

GoferKing_
04-24-2019, 02:11 AM
As I said many times, you wont win anything with Westbrook. Nothing new here.

LaVar Ball
04-24-2019, 02:13 AM
But would you trade LeBron for him?

Nope

Bron Bron a 3x champ

Alayla
04-24-2019, 03:16 AM
I feel he's criminally underrated and the talk that he isn't a team player is massively overblown. That being said he's slowing down and isn't the player he once was so his usage is going to have to continue to drop if he wants any chance at team success in the longer term. How anyone can like Derrick Rose and not Westbrook is beyond me and I was saying as much as early as roses "MVP" season.

Jamiecballer
04-24-2019, 09:45 AM
I can see it

really? because you couldn't 6 years ago when i said it :P

infernoscurse
04-24-2019, 09:59 AM
i think that he should keep his mouth shut, if he talks the talk like jordan he should deliver more than look like a clown when the opponent doesnt go down to his level and just beats him with actions like lillard did

WaDe03
04-24-2019, 10:17 AM
Overrated stat stuffer.

And Iím tired of hearing about this dog mentality and how he plays the hardest and all this, he plays like a ****ing dumbass most of the time and Kenny and then said last night they wouldnít have changed anything he did, Iím just sitting there shocked as ****.

ewing
04-24-2019, 10:30 AM
really? because you couldn't 6 years ago when i said it :P

You say so many stupid things sometimes something might get lost

WaDe03
04-24-2019, 10:42 AM
You say so many stupid things sometimes something might get lost

This.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 10:49 AM
I think WB needs to learn from melo and iversons mistakes and take on a lesser role for the betterment of the team

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 10:53 AM

Iverson was way better... he didnít have a player of Durantís caliber, or Georgeís and still lead his team to the finals.

WB has played with some really great players. Ibaka (dpoy at the time) Harden, Durant, Oladipo, And now Paul George.

I get that Iverson was a ball hog but I really think he got more out of the role players he was surrounded with and if he had the type of talent WB had in his prime he would have had much more success.

RaiderLakersA's
04-24-2019, 12:40 PM
We've reached the point where Westbrook has to win a title or STFU. Period. That's how I feel about him and pretty much all of these so-called superstars. Put a championship banner in the rafters and you get a pass. But if you don't, you're no longer a fresh-faced rookie with upside, you're a trash talking pretender playing on borrowed time. Dame Time apparently.

Scoots
04-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Iverson was way better... he didnít have a player of Durantís caliber, or Georgeís and still lead his team to the finals.

WB has played with some really great players. Ibaka (dpoy at the time) Harden, Durant, Oladipo, And now Paul George.

I get that Iverson was a ball hog but I really think he got more out of the role players he was surrounded with and if he had the type of talent WB had in his prime he would have had much more success.

I did say that Iverson had more game talent. Iverson was awesome, but he was flawed too.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:52 PM
I did say that Iverson had more game talent. Iverson was awesome, but he was flawed too.

Agreed he was def flawed. He was the original ball hog he just didnít have the same talent around him that WB has had. I really wonder if iverson was drafted to a team with another all time great like Durant if he would have deferred more or ran that player out of town like WB did Durant.

smith&wesson
04-24-2019, 12:55 PM
We've reached the point where Westbrook has to win a title or STFU. Period. That's how I feel about him and pretty much all of these so-called superstars. Put a championship banner in the rafters and you get a pass. But if you don't, you're no longer a fresh-faced rookie with upside, you're a trash talking pretender playing on borrowed time. Dame Time apparently.

He wonít. Heís not a winning player. Heís played with some of the best players already. Two MVPs, a DPOY as well as Oladipo and George ... like what else could you put around this guy in hopes of him succeeding.. heís just dunce

carter80
04-24-2019, 01:11 PM
You cant win a championship win your PG is the best player on your team. He is the most overrated player in the last 20 years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scoots
04-24-2019, 01:33 PM
You cant win a championship win your PG is the best player on your team. He is the most overrated player in the last 20 years.

Magic and Curry were the best players on their teams and won titles. It just requires team players and leaders ... and Westbrook isn't there.

ewing
04-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Magic and Curry were the best players on their teams and won titles. It just requires team players and leaders ... and Westbrook isn't there.

Isiah Thomas and Billups too

Scoots
04-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Isiah Thomas and Billups too

I thought of them, but there is more debate with them.

Jamiecballer
04-24-2019, 03:33 PM
This.See me in 6 years when you figure out derozan sucks

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

WaDe03
04-24-2019, 03:47 PM
See me in 6 years when you figure out derozan sucks

He might suck 6 years from now, youíre right. Right now heís better than Lowry and youíre a dumbass for saying FVV would be better.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 04:55 PM
He might suck 6 years from now, youíre right. Right now heís better than Lowry and youíre a dumbass for saying FVV would be better.

dude DeRozan does suck. He disappears come playoff time. He is like a lesser Joe Johnson, and that is not a good thing. At all.

ewing
04-24-2019, 04:58 PM
dude DeRozan does suck. He disappears come playoff time. He is like a lesser Joe Johnson, and that is not a good thing. At all.

Joe Johnson a was very good player

Jamiecballer
04-24-2019, 06:05 PM
He might suck 6 years from now, youíre right. Right now heís better than Lowry and youíre a dumbass for saying FVV would be better.Still plenty of time although I am disappointed with Fred's playmaking atm

WaDe03
04-25-2019, 08:19 AM
Still plenty of time although I am disappointed with Fred's playmaking atm

He will never be near Derozan.

WaDe03
04-25-2019, 08:20 AM

So does Lowry. Heís playing better than lowry so far in these playoffs against much better competition. Lowryís so ****in overrated I donít understand it.

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Joe Johnson a was very good player

not once the playoffs started...

Jeffy25
04-25-2019, 10:38 AM
I strongly dislike him. His personality keeps him from being a far better player. He can't be second fiddle to a great player and he requires superior players to acquiesce to him (Durant, George, etc)

He stat hunts (triple doubles) and he has devalued the triple double with the uncontested rebounds and forced assist plays. And he is antagonistic, childish, and immature player.

So yeah, I don't like him.

Jamiecballer
04-25-2019, 03:13 PM
So does Lowry. Heís playing better than lowry so far in these playoffs against much better competition. Lowryís so ****in overrated I donít understand it.False and false.

Lowry is the ultimate glue player and an outstanding playmaker to boot. Hes taken more charges so far in these playoffs than almost every TEAM. He gets tough 50/50 balls every game and his on/off is +53. One of these days you will understand these things have real value. Simply put when he is on the floor the team performs at an elite level. Same old Lowry.

When DeRozan is on the floor the spurs have been *******. -25 on/off. Same old playoff DeRozan.

ewing
04-25-2019, 06:50 PM
not once the playoffs started...

I think that was over blown. The guy was askec to way to much in Alt. Overall he shot 46% from the field and 34 for 3 in the post season. He was a big versatile defender. He had his struggles but I think it was over blown

WaDe03
04-25-2019, 10:32 PM
False and false.

Lowry is the ultimate glue player and an outstanding playmaker to boot. Hes taken more charges so far in these playoffs than almost every TEAM. He gets tough 50/50 balls every game and his on/off is +53. One of these days you will understand these things have real value. Simply put when he is on the floor the team performs at an elite level. Same old Lowry.

When DeRozan is on the floor the spurs have been *******. -25 on/off. Same old playoff DeRozan.

Udonis Haslem needs more playing time then and heíd be considered better than Embiid to you because heíll take hella charges and be an ultimate glue guy. Meanwhile Derozan forces a game 7 against a way better team than the magic and he dominated. Shove +\- up your ***, thatís always your only argument. The mba obviously knows whoís better too. Derozan all nba 2nd team last year, Lowry nowhere to be found. Lowry is *** in the playoffs always too letís not get hype over a win against the magic. 0 points in game 1 is god awful but hey he was +11!!!

Jamiecballer
04-26-2019, 03:32 AM
Udonis Haslem needs more playing time then and heíd be considered better than Embiid to you because heíll take hella charges and be an ultimate glue guy. Meanwhile Derozan forces a game 7 against a way better team than the magic and he dominated. Shove +\- up your ***, thatís always your only argument. The mba obviously knows whoís better too. Derozan all nba 2nd team last year, Lowry nowhere to be found. Lowry is *** in the playoffs always too letís not get hype over a win against the magic. 0 points in game 1 is god awful but hey he was +11!!!

why do you care so much how many points he scored? the guy is an aging point guard, and plays in a starting unit that has Kawhi Leonard, Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol in it. how many shots do you think he needs to take? he was never a great athlete, he is just crafty as hell. he is an excellent 3 point shooter, but he's not going to force up shots. it is very "american media-y" to make such a big deal of the 0 points in game 1. he attempted 7 field goals in the game, a game in which he took a high speed knee to the nuts, btw. if you take only 7 shots and 6 are 3's a donut is always a possibility. it's unfortunate because it stands out in a box score, but it's foolish to suggest that a guy failed by looking at his point production. if you swing for the fences on every pitch you are going to whiff 3 times in a game once in a while.

and again, the lowry is **** in the playoffs too is completely unfounded. he had a terrible 4 game performance in 2014/15. in 2015/16 he didn't shoot well, but still had a good post-season.

his numbers for the last 3 playoffs including this one -
15.5 pts,
7.6 ast,
4.0 reb,
1.6 stl,
48% fg,
39% 3pt

and an NBA leading number of charges taken by a large amount

you are literally barking up the wrong, lazy tree. or something like that. kyle has been lumped in with DeMar unfairly by lazy american media, this is not the guy who entered this years playoffs with a career WS/48 of 0.39 LOL.

btw, i am not above giving credit where credit is due. DeMar played one of the best games of his career last night, kudos to him for that. but if the NBA is always right Wade03 i guess we will see where he is on the all NBA rosters this season right. probably the same place he was on the all-star roster is my guess.

YAALREADYKNO
04-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Russ needs to be the 3rd option and should just focus on facilitating unless he fixes his shot. Okc needs to get shooters and another scoring option next to George.

WaDe03
04-26-2019, 10:15 AM
why do you care so much how many points he scored? the guy is an aging point guard, and plays in a starting unit that has Kawhi Leonard, Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol in it. how many shots do you think he needs to take? he was never a great athlete, he is just crafty as hell. he is an excellent 3 point shooter, but he's not going to force up shots. it is very "american media-y" to make such a big deal of the 0 points in game 1. he attempted 7 field goals in the game, a game in which he took a high speed knee to the nuts, btw. if you take only 7 shots and 6 are 3's a donut is always a possibility. it's unfortunate because it stands out in a box score, but it's foolish to suggest that a guy failed by looking at his point production. if you swing for the fences on every pitch you are going to whiff 3 times in a game once in a while.

and again, the lowry is **** in the playoffs too is completely unfounded. he had a terrible 4 game performance in 2014/15. in 2015/16 he didn't shoot well, but still had a good post-season.

his numbers for the last 3 playoffs including this one -
15.5 pts,
7.6 ast,
4.0 reb,
1.6 stl,
48% fg,
39% 3pt

and an NBA leading number of charges taken by a large amount

you are literally barking up the wrong, lazy tree. or something like that. kyle has been lumped in with DeMar unfairly by lazy american media, this is not the guy who entered this years playoffs with a career WS/48 of 0.39 LOL.

btw, i am not above giving credit where credit is due. DeMar played one of the best games of his career last night, kudos to him for that. but if the NBA is always right Wade03 i guess we will see where he is on the all NBA rosters this season right. probably the same place he was on the all-star roster is my guess.

Might not make it this year but neither will Lowry. Your understanding of the game is so far of that itís baffling to me. Thank god you have net rating to keep you involved though.

WaDe03
04-26-2019, 10:19 AM
So youíre basically telling me if you take Derozan off the Spurs they would be a little bit better than they currently are?

Hawkeye15
04-26-2019, 10:26 AM
So youíre basically telling me if you take Derozan off the Spurs they would be a little bit better than they currently are?

not the current, 6 game sample DeRozan. But yes, historic playoff DeRozan, has been at, or slightly below, a replacement level player. meaning, for the money he makes, you would benefit from not having him on the roster, and upgrading with mid level players.

Again, this year DeRozan has played much better. So far. 6 games versus 51 previous though....so...

LaVar Ball
04-26-2019, 11:37 AM
Just saw Russ' exit interview from yesterday

Dude is clueless and low IQ af. Dumb mutha ****a

buckalis
04-26-2019, 01:07 PM
Russ needs to be the 3rd option and should just focus on facilitating unless he fixes his shot. Okc needs to get shooters and another scoring option next to George.

I believe that OKC will look to go under the lux tax line this season and will move PG... They would surely prefer to move Westbrook, but I doubt his contract is appealing to other teams...

dino_2000_22
04-26-2019, 01:36 PM
Has won what 1 round since KD left him? Triple doubles don't win game Russ sorry to break that news to you! Maybe should focus on being a "team" player

JAZZNC
04-26-2019, 02:17 PM
I believe that OKC will look to go under the lux tax line this season and will move PG... They would surely prefer to move Westbrook, but I doubt his contract is appealing to other teams...
You just keep saying this crap because you think George is going to the Bucks. Every single thread doesn't have to involve the Bucks and your made up, baseless predictions

Jamiecballer
04-26-2019, 03:49 PM
Might not make it this year but neither will Lowry. Your understanding of the game is so far of that itís baffling to me. Thank god you have net rating to keep you involved though.Wait a minute, didnt DeRozan have a great year again, why ever wouldn't he make it? Because I didn't say Lowry would but you indicated the NBA knew and your proof was 2nd team all-nba so I suppose we can agree on its meaningfulness.

I understand the game fine, thanks. In case you have not noticed the game has evolved far beyond basic boxscore stats. This isnt NBA live son. What's the point in discussing what we see when we are all seeing it?

Jamiecballer
04-26-2019, 03:57 PM
So youíre basically telling me if you take Derozan off the Spurs they would be a little bit better than they currently are?Highly probable. The history of his career suggests he is largely replaceable and makes little overall impact. This reminds me of Hawkeyes feelings on Irving because both players have a habit of bringing the overall level of their teams play down as opposed to elevating it. But when they are on the floor they are so central to their teams offense you assume the results must justify it.

ewing
04-26-2019, 05:28 PM
Some donít like how he goes and gets lose basketballs. I donít like that he makes bad decides with it.