PDA

View Full Version : Suns Fire Head Coach Igor Kokoskov

LaVar Ball
04-23-2019, 12:44 AM
WOJ:
Phoenix has fired coach Igor Kokoskov, league sources tell ESPN.

aman_13
04-23-2019, 01:17 AM
I really wonder what the expectations are when a lottery team fires their coach. He did seem like he was getting fired up a lot and maybe the players didn't respond well to him. Although I only noticed that earlier in his tenure.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Heediot
04-23-2019, 06:15 AM
I guarantee you Igor wanted Doncic 100. And McDonnough 75 percent leaning toward Luka. The Owner wanted Ayton as he is also a AZ alum. Owner made the incorrect decison and is now using the coach as a scapegoat. If the team gave him Luka to work with, they would have made progress imo.

More-Than-Most
04-23-2019, 06:29 AM
I guarantee you Igor wanted Doncic 100. And McDonnough 75 percent leaning toward Luka. The Owner wanted Ayton as he is also a AZ alum. Owner made the incorrect decison and is now using the coach as a scapegoat. If the team gave him Luka to work with, they would have made progress imo.

could have taken both had they traded booker to someone at the top... booker is/has been and will continue to be the problem... He isnt good.

ewing
04-23-2019, 07:37 AM
They expected more loses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warfelg
04-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Suns are a disgrace of an organization.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 08:07 AM
could have taken both had they traded booker to someone at the top... booker is/has been and will continue to be the problem... He isnt good.

No one is giving up a high pick for Booker. Suns are stuck with him and his massive contract.

IndyRealist
04-23-2019, 08:51 AM

There's nothing wrong with Ayton, it's the rest of the Suns. Doncic on that team instead does not improve their record.

TheDish87
04-23-2019, 09:07 AM
what did they expect from a tanking team without a point guard? Teams like the Suns and the Kings always suck bcuz they have poor leadership at the top. You play in a conference with the Warriors, whats the rush with such a young team? Also, Booker is so much better than he gets credit for on this site. I dont get the hate.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2019, 09:21 AM
Suns are a disgrace of an organization.

nearly as bad as my Wolves

tp13baby
04-23-2019, 09:28 AM
what did they expect from a tanking team without a point guard? Teams like the Suns and the Kings always suck bcuz they have poor leadership at the top. You play in a conference with the Warriors, whats the rush with such a young team? Also, Booker is so much better than he gets credit for on this site. I dont get the hate.

Offensively he is a stud. The hate is because he is a poor leader and probably the worst defensive guard in the league.

Igor is not the problem. From a team with a huge Serbian fan base there is nothing but great things to say about him.

The team is undisciplined, too many guys getting wrapped up in one on one battles. There isnít a team that talks more **** on the court then them, and they suck. Booker needs to focus on defense and become a leader. Thatís what his game desperately needs.

TheDish87
04-23-2019, 09:55 AM
I mean that team hasnt had anyone to lead since Booker has been there. Half the leagues stars suck on defense, put a team around him who can help while he carries a major offensive load. Let develop a relationship with a coach, etc. I hope they get Morant bcuz thats a strong core moving forward if they can develop right. Hard to ask Booker to lead when they go out and sign a bunch of useless vets who provided nothing to the team.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 10:03 AM

Oh they are worse.

I saw on twitter this correlation and it cracked me up:
Devin Booker is to Head Coaches
As
Harry Potter is to Defense Against The Dark Arts Professors.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Oh they are worse.

I saw on twitter this correlation and it cracked me up:
Devin Booker is to Head Coaches
As
Harry Potter is to Defense Against The Dark Arts Professors.

currently, or overall? Because the Wolves have slid into the most pathetic NBA franchise in history. I would kill for a run like they had with Nash/Amare.

Hawkeye15
04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Booker isn't unique. Another one way player maxed out. It's becoming the norm around the league. So he isn't he problem, it's these GMs and owners giving these contracts away like candy and then wondering why they can't form a great team.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 10:23 AM
currently, or overall? Because the Wolves have slid into the most pathetic NBA franchise in history. I would kill for a run like they had with Nash/Amare.

Currently.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Booker isn't unique. Another one way player maxed out. It's becoming the norm around the league. So he isn't he problem, it's these GMs and owners giving these contracts away like candy and then wondering why they can't form a great team.

Sooo much this. So much. But again, I blame it on max contracts. **** starters started to get them, and so every team needed to give a **** start it to keep them. Don't give it and someone else will. Let them walk and your ability to replace them is hurt so much.

buckalis
04-23-2019, 02:18 PM

It is usually the result, if and when the owner is messing up with the GM's and coach's job...

tp13baby
04-23-2019, 07:12 PM
I mean that team hasnt had anyone to lead since Booker has been there. Half the leagues stars suck on defense, put a team around him who can help while he carries a major offensive load. Let develop a relationship with a coach, etc. I hope they get Morant bcuz thats a strong core moving forward if they can develop right. Hard to ask Booker to lead when they go out and sign a bunch of useless vets who provided nothing to the team.

There is a huge difference between sucking and being the worst defensive guard in the league.

I do like playing Booker though, all he does he is talk **** while his team is down 25, Harris lighting him up and he feels the need to talk **** to Murray. Itís hilarious. He is a fool.

valade16
04-23-2019, 07:40 PM
Seems like a lot of overseas coaches are getting fired after relatively short stints. Is it a problem of them not being able to acclimate? Of the players not listening/respecting foreign league coaches?

tp13baby
04-23-2019, 07:47 PM
Seems like a lot of overseas coaches are getting fired after relatively short stints. Is it a problem of them not being able to acclimate? Of the players not listening/respecting foreign league coaches?

Suns management has been terrible with coaches. They expect to make the playoffs in the first year lol

Scoots
04-23-2019, 10:39 PM
Sooo much this. So much. But again, I blame it on max contracts. **** starters started to get them, and so every team needed to give a **** start it to keep them. Don't give it and someone else will. Let them walk and your ability to replace them is hurt so much.

I suppose the counter is that without max contracts someone can always pay them more and they leave anyhow.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-23-2019, 10:50 PM
Glad they changed the lottery odds. Non of those 3 bottom feeders deserve Zion.

dhopisthename
04-24-2019, 01:59 PM
I would give booker a shot in a different organization with a good veteran leadership group. he has a ton of things to work on like playing with teammates and giving a crap on defense, but the guy put up 26 points on a 58 ts% despite only shooting 32.6% from 3 this year. i don't think the suns would even consider trading him, but you put him on a team like the Raptors with Lowry, Green, Kawhi, Gasol, and Ibaka I think you could mold him into the player he should be and not the player he is now.

Hawkeye15
04-24-2019, 02:01 PM

probably them not understanding that over here, the player(s) are their boss.