PDA

View Full Version : Teams that are expected to significuntly improve their roster for next season.

buckalis
04-22-2019, 08:29 AM
A very interesting off season is expected that will impact the league for the years to come because of:

-Over 200 Free agents, many of which are TOP-20 or better players...
-One of the most talented in the history of the league draft coming up...
-TOP-10 players available in the market via trades.

West:

1. The CLIPPERS: with tons of cap space and a young and talented roster core, they are expected to be contenders for the title next season by adding one or two All Stars in their roster and (traditionally) drafting well...

2. The KINGS: tons of cap space, young and talented core and good drafting position.

3. The MAVERICKS: tons of cap space, Doncic in his sophomore season and lottery pick.

4. The PELICANS: tons of cap space, lottery pick and by trading AD (and Holiday?) they'll be payed with lots of additional young talent.

East:

1. The SIXERS: tons of cap space, they are expected resign and keep this season's additions and add much more... They are expected to be among the favorites to win the title.

2. The NETS: Lots of talent and plenty of cap space they'll boost by adding a "big name" in their roster...

3. The BUCKS: The best player (the new king) secured in their roster, the best roster depth in the league, young players and tons of cap space as well as being 1st targeted destination for free agents and players willing to be traded, they are expected to improve their roster further and be the No 1 favorite to win the title.

4. The HAWKS: Cap space off the roof and 2 lottery picks, as well as young and talented core, they have 2 lottery picks and therefore the highest chances (20%) to draft the No 1 pick...

5. The MAGIC: Tons of cap space and plenty of talent they are expected to boost by adding a couple of guards.

6. The BULLS: Lots of cap space, plenty of young talent and tremendous roster depth as well as a lottery pick, they are expected to both draft well and add a leader out of free agency.

GoferKing_
04-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Kings and good draft position? Nope.

TrueFan420
04-22-2019, 10:40 AM
Bucks being 1st targeted destination for free agents and players willing to be traded? Nope

TheDish87
04-22-2019, 11:03 AM
lol

Scoots
04-22-2019, 11:25 AM
Uhh

buckalis
04-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Bucks being 1st targeted destination for free agents and players willing to be traded? Nope

yes!

TrueFan420
04-22-2019, 12:31 PM
yes!
They won’t get 1

Kawhi -No
KD - No
Kyrie - No
Klay - No
Jimmy - No
AD - isnt demanding a trade there

I’ll be shocked if you land any second tier stars like Kemba.

That cap space will dry up once you waste it on Bledsoe and Middleton (who I like but isn’t a good enough 2nd option more like a 3rd)

buckalis
04-22-2019, 01:18 PM
They won’t get 1

Kawhi -No
KD - No
Kyrie - No
Klay - No
Jimmy - No
AD - isnt demanding a trade there

I’ll be shocked if you land any second tier stars like Kemba.

That cap space will dry up once you waste it on Bledsoe and Middleton (who I like but isn’t a good enough 2nd option more like a 3rd)

Bucks don't have space for all the above... Neither have any interest on Kawhi, Kyrie, Thompson or Butler... It will be one out of Paul George, Nikola Voucevic, AD, or Kemba (in that order of joining probability) joining the Bucks this offseason and I don't think the Bucks will resign Middleton...

Paul George for Middleton via a sign and trade process is the most probable scenario...

AD has clearly stated in public interviews that he would be very happy to join the Bucks (despite you being shocked), but I doubt the Bucks will want to pay a supermax on both Giannis and AD in the long term...

Voucevic would be very happy to play with his friend from childhood Mirotic (who the Bucks will resign) but I doubt that it will be easy to pay him what John Hammond will offer to retain him...

The possibility of the Bucks being after Kemba is very low after the Bucks renewed the contract of Bledsoe.

The cap space of the Bucks will end up to be 132MM (lux tax for 19/20) - 99M (guaranteed salaries after they resign Brogdon, Lopez and Mirotic)= 33M + the trade values of Ilyasova and Snell (+ 19M) who the Bucks will use on trades and salary filling next season... Therefore, the Bucks will be below the lux tax line even after they may add Paul George.

valade16
04-22-2019, 01:32 PM
The tons of cap space for small market teams can be both a blessing and a curse. If they fail to attract the top fAs (as history suggests they will) will they overpay for the second tier FAs to come to their teams, thereby crippling their cap situation for the future?

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 01:34 PM
the Bucks have cap space, but only because their whole team is hitting free agency. Brook, Middleton, Hill, Mirotic, and Brogdan will all likely be free agents.

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 01:46 PM
The tons of cap space for small market teams can be both a blessing and a curse. If they fail to attract the top fAs (as history suggests they will) will they overpay for the second tier FAs to come to their teams, thereby crippling their cap situation for the future?

yeah its tough. even for someone like Kemba walker. he is going to cost you a max paying him till he is 33 years old. you are already talking about a guy who is small and not very athletic. how long can he maintain what he did this year and in year 4 will that salary be a complete salary cap burden. I think for other teams getting him for free its worth it, but the Hornets having to give him 5 years makes it even worse when he will be 34. is Tobias harris costing the max? what about Khris middleton, Deangelo Russell, Jimmy butler, Malcolm Brogdon, and Bojan Bogdanovic? really though how much did signing Turner to that albatross really hurt you?

buckalis
04-22-2019, 01:50 PM
the Bucks have cap space, but only because their whole team is hitting free agency. Brook, Middleton, Hill, Mirotic, and Brogdan will all likely be free agents.

The Bucks will have 33M before the lux tax line, after they resign Brogdon, Lopez and Mirotic... Middleton and Hill will be most probably be used on a major trade for another major All Star this off season via the (rare) "sign and trade" process)... The Bucks will improve further both their starting and secondary roster for next season without paying a penny of lux tax...

valade16
04-22-2019, 01:54 PM
yeah its tough. even for someone like Kemba walker. he is going to cost you a max paying him till he is 33 years old. you are already talking about a guy who is small and not very athletic. how long can he maintain what he did this year and in year 4 will that salary be a complete salary cap burden. I think for other teams getting him for free its worth it, but the Hornets having to give him 5 years makes it even worse when he will be 34. is Tobias harris costing the max? what about Khris middleton, Deangelo Russell, Jimmy butler, Malcolm Brogdon, and Bojan Bogdanovic? really though how much did signing Turner to that albatross really hurt you?

If Olshey wasn't so good it would have been crippling. But Olshey was able to trade for Nurk, trade away bad contracts like Crabbe and sign guys like Kanter with our cap restrictions. He basically tried to fine tune the team around Lillard/McCollum as opposed to trying to swing for the fences for another star.

buckalis
04-22-2019, 02:11 PM
If Olshey wasn't so good it would have been crippling. But Olshey was able to trade for Nurk, trade away bad contracts like Crabbe and sign guys like Kanter with our cap restrictions. He basically tried to fine tune the team around Lillard/McCollum as opposed to trying to swing for the fences for another star.

I believe Jon Horst did even better... The Bucks have no bad contracts, are contending for the title, have the deepest quality roster in the entire league and not only resigned Bledsoe to his previous salary, but has the entire roster of the team willing to do all in their power (signing team friendly contracts included) as to keep wearing the Bucks uniform. Bucks are famous for having the best locker room relationships in the league!

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 02:17 PM
The Bucks will have 33M before the lux tax line, after they resign Brogdon, Lopez and Mirotic... Middleton and Hill will be most probably be used on a major trade for another major All Star this off season via the (rare) "sign and trade" process)... The Bucks will improve further both their starting and secondary roster for next season without paying a penny of lux tax...

this post makes zero sense to me. its talking about the Luxury tax line when thats irrelevant to being able to sign free agents. no max free agent is going to want to be sign and traded. they completely gutted that. also none of those guys have signed. we have no idea how much they are going to cost. I would be shocked if Brook took 3 mill again.

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 02:22 PM

say you payed him only 8 mill that would still put you out of range of using cap space and since your owner doesn't care about the luxury tax it hasn't affected that much. Also like you said is having space really that useful for a small market team. Jazz get to try it out this summer.

warfelg
04-22-2019, 02:45 PM
this post makes zero sense to me. its talking about the Luxury tax line when thats irrelevant to being able to sign free agents. no max free agent is going to want to be sign and traded. they completely gutted that. also none of those guys have signed. we have no idea how much they are going to cost. I would be shocked if Brook took 3 mill again.

No bird rights when that happens too.

valade16
04-22-2019, 02:56 PM
say you payed him only 8 mill that would still put you out of range of using cap space and since your owner doesn't care about the luxury tax it hasn't affected that much. Also like you said is having space really that useful for a small market team. Jazz get to try it out this summer.

Well we had to trade assets to get rid of Crabbe's contract so that certainly hurt us. And it's more about flexibility moving forward. We'd be in a much better position today without Turner's contract than with it, especially since we are deep enough he is not needed. It wasn't a crippling blow, but it was not a positive for us.

buckalis
04-22-2019, 03:13 PM

Who said that free agents will be signed and traded to the Bucks? I said that the Bucks will move Middleton & Hill via the (rare) "sign and trade" process for a (non-free agent) top caliper All Star (most probably Paul George, but AD is also possible but less so)...

Also... who said that Brook will resign with the Bucks for his current salary? ...certainly not me! Brook will (happily) resign with the Bucks a 3 or 4 years extension for an average of 10M per which will mean a little under 9M for next season.

GREATNESS ONE
04-22-2019, 03:22 PM
:laugh2:

buckalis
04-22-2019, 03:33 PM
:laugh2:

Who are you playing in the playoffs? :D

Scoots
04-22-2019, 05:19 PM
Never let reality get in the way of proclamations.

PAOboston
04-22-2019, 05:45 PM
Who said that free agents will be signed and traded to the Bucks? I said that the Bucks will move Middleton & Hill via the (rare) "sign and trade" process for a (non-free agent) top caliper All Star (most probably Paul George, but AD is also possible but less so)...

Also... who said that Brook will resign with the Bucks for his current salary? ...certainly not me! Brook will (happily) resign with the Bucks a 3 or 4 years extension for an average of 10M per which will mean a little under 9M for next season.

Hate to break this to you but the Bucks aren’t getting neither AD or PG for Middleton and scraps. Its more likely MIL maxes out Middleton with a bad contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
04-22-2019, 08:22 PM
hate to break this to you but the bucks aren’t getting neither ad or pg for middleton and scraps. Its more likely mil maxes out middleton with a bad contract.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

x2

Lakers + Giants
04-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Hate to break this to you but the Bucks aren’t getting neither AD or PG for Middleton and scraps. Its more likely MIL maxes out Middleton with a bad contract.

lmfao. this.

get destroyed, kid.

More-Than-Most
04-22-2019, 09:28 PM
76ers... we lose TJ mcshitter and our group could have a full off season together if butler/harris stay. On top of this we will have a better backup PG and Smith our first round pick last year has insane promise.

buckalis
04-22-2019, 09:48 PM

There are plenty of reasons that make it very difficult for Middleton to stay in MIL for another season...

First and most important, is that the Bucks are not prepared to pay any of their existing players equal or more than what Giannis makes...

Second, the Bucks will be changing tactics from now on and for next season and will start a SF of "power kind" rather than playing three guards of the floor...

Many reasons for OKC too... First and most important of which is that they will go under the lux tax line by the end of next season.

Second, they want to do the opposite than the Bucks and play a SG/SF real shooter kind at 3 instead one of the "power" kind as they now do....

More-Than-Most
04-22-2019, 09:55 PM
in no world is it smart trading pg13 for middleton.

koldjerky
04-23-2019, 07:15 AM
Everyone say significuntly aloud around a woman please.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 08:08 AM
in no world is it smart trading pg13 for middleton.

Yea trading an MVP candidate for a glorified 3-n-D type guy is a no go. Especially when you won't have the bird rights, would likely coast more, and wouldn't help your tax burden.

WaDe03
04-23-2019, 08:45 AM
76ers... we lose TJ mcshitter and our group could have a full off season together if butler/harris stay. On top of this we will have a better backup PG and Smith our first round pick last year has insane promise.

Butlers gone brother.

buckalis
04-23-2019, 09:54 AM
Yea trading an MVP candidate for a glorified 3-n-D type guy is a no go. Especially when you won't have the bird rights, would likely coast more, and wouldn't help your tax burden.

OKC will be looking to go below the tax line this season, it is first priority to them. Dealing with a team (and player) on a sign and trade deal, is the only way they can do this and still be a playoff team... It won't make them better, but it will save them some 50M (lux tax + severe penalty for being over the lux tax for too long) and the financial breather will give them some future instead of being trapped in a situation where there is no better future...

The Bucks will get an MLE in PG which they only partially need so that they can raise their financial limit to the tax line... Therefore the Bucks will sequre a team with long term contracts, which will never pay lux tax in many years to come, even after they resign Giannis to a supermax contract.

Here is how Jon Horst visualizes the future Bucks with Giannis in the team... "Multiple championships with a sustainable team": https://www.hoopsrumors.com/eric-bledsoe

"Although there may be speculation about Antetokounmpo’s future in Milwaukee from rival executives, Bucks GM Jon Horst isn’t preoccupied by thoughts of Giannis’ next contract, writes Beck.

“The truth is, it really isn’t the biggest thing on our mind,” Horst said. “The biggest thing on our mind is how do we take a step from last year to this year and continue to improve? And if we do all the right things along the way, and we take the appropriate steps … it will take care of itself.”

Here’s more from Horst on the Bucks’ long-term outlook, via Beck:

“We want to build something sustainable. We want to compete for multiple championships over a long period of time. … I think if we just take all those kind of intentional, organic steps along the way, I think we can position ourselves to have long-term success. And Giannis is the key ingredient to that. You gotta have one of those. We have one."

TheDish87
04-23-2019, 09:58 AM
lol all off season all we heard the same noise about OKC and the tax and look how that worked out, literally everyone on here was dead wrong about it. Middleton isnt keeping them out of the tax anyway and is no way, shape, or form enough to be dealt straight up for a top 3 MVP candidate. Bucks are keeping most of this team together i feel like that was made very obvious after the deadline moves.

warfelg
04-23-2019, 10:05 AM
OKC will be looking to go below the tax line this season, it is first priority to them. Dealing with a team (and player) on a sign and trade deal, is the only way they can do this and still be a playoff team... It won't make them better, but it will save them some 50M (lux tax + severe penalty for being over the lux tax for too long) and the financial breather will give them some future instead of being trapped in a situation where there is no better future...

The Bucks will get an MLE in PG which they only partially need so that they can raise their financial limit to the tax line... Therefore the Bucks will sequre a team with long term contracts, which will never pay lux tax in many years to come, even after they resign Giannis to a supermax contract.

Here is how Jon Horst visualizes the future Bucks with Giannis in the team... "Multiple championships with a sustainable team": https://www.hoopsrumors.com/eric-bledsoe

"Although there may be speculation about Antetokounmpo’s future in Milwaukee from rival executives, Bucks GM Jon Horst isn’t preoccupied by thoughts of Giannis’ next contract, writes Beck.

“The truth is, it really isn’t the biggest thing on our mind,” Horst said. “The biggest thing on our mind is how do we take a step from last year to this year and continue to improve? And if we do all the right things along the way, and we take the appropriate steps … it will take care of itself.”

Here’s more from Horst on the Bucks’ long-term outlook, via Beck:

“We want to build something sustainable. We want to compete for multiple championships over a long period of time. … I think if we just take all those kind of intentional, organic steps along the way, I think we can position ourselves to have long-term success. And Giannis is the key ingredient to that. You gotta have one of those. We have one."

Yea exactly 0% of this addressed what I said. Which is the Thunder aren’t trading an MVP candidate for a glorified 3-n-D wing who will make as much or more.

ewing
04-23-2019, 10:13 AM

Bring back Ish Smith. He can’t shoot and is actually good. Prefect Sixers pg

buckalis
04-23-2019, 10:26 AM
Yea exactly 0% of this addressed what I said. Which is the Thunder aren’t trading an MVP candidate for a glorified 3-n-D wing who will make as much or more.

It addresses all of them, Middleton won't get more than 5/130M on his new contract, which means some 23M for next season... this is 10M less than PG's salary (and some 35M savings in cash for OKC if one adds the lux tax and penalty) add to this that Hill's next contract will be some 5M per and then OKC will go well under the lux tax by only trading Shroender for picks...

Mind you that Hill + Middleton will count for 32M (their previous salaries) in such a trade, which falls well into the 125% rule...

Therefore OKC will get both replacements for Shroender and PG in their roster, will save more than 50M in cash, will go under the lux tax and will buy valuable picks for their future.

Given that there is a huge shortage of PGs in the NBA and no other than Ja Morant worthwhile to draft, Shroeder will be extremely valuable for (the plenty of) teams that are in need for a good PG to deal for...

warfelg
04-23-2019, 10:36 AM
So now you add more.

Yea the rumor all year has been Middleton is going to get the max or near max. Then you add in Hill which doesn't change the number all that much. AND have them trading Schroder (BTW learn to spell a players ****ing name) for nothing but picks, which assume that a team with cap space will trade for him without sending a single dollar of cap back.

buckalis
04-23-2019, 11:07 AM
So now you add more.

Yea the rumor all year has been Middleton is going to get the max or near max. Then you add in Hill which doesn't change the number all that much. AND have them trading Schroder (BTW learn to spell a players ****ing name) for nothing but picks, which assume that a team with cap space will trade for him without sending a single dollar of cap back.

You wasn't watching... I mentioned Hill and Middleton going from the Bucks through the "sign and trade process"... I wasn't asked on a specific trade model, so that I could suggest a model of the trade...

From a Buck's fan POV, the important thing is replacing Middleton and advancing the team further... PG didn't just come up to me... It is obvious that OKC are in serious trouble and that are loosing money without having a light in the end of the tunnel as they are... It is also obvious that there aren't many teams around that can help them out of their trouble with the less of pain...

You have to admit that Bucks and Middleton with Hill and his excellent contract have hardly any competition in "helping" them out... Priority to them is not how to keep PG, it rather is to get out of trouble and find a future... and what I propose does exactly that...

With more than 200 FAs out there and AD's salary at under 27M, do you really believe that there is a crazy GM that will sign Khris for 35M per? These are words that the managers of players are spreading to the media, so that they can make as much as possible... Do you think that GMs bite? The same rumors were for TH... He won't get more than 5/120M from your GM though and he will resign... If Middleton gets 35M per, what Bojan, Mirotic, the Morris twins, Kemba, Voucevic, Butler and all out of the plenty of others are getting?

EDIT: LOL... see what happened with J.Parker when a GM took the bite? Also... Brook we've signed for... 3.5M and will get an extension for under 10! Much more important to our team Bledsoe, we resigned for his previous salary! (4/70M)... Do you think that we'll pay Middleton a supermax and thus insult Giannis? Nobody becomes a Buck and gets payed more than Giannis... NOBODY!

TheDish87
04-23-2019, 11:38 AM
It addresses all of them, Middleton won't get more than 5/130M on his new contract, which means some 23M for next season... this is 10M less than PG's salary (and some 35M savings in cash for OKC if one adds the lux tax and penalty) add to this that Hill's next contract will be some 5M per and then OKC will go well under the lux tax by only trading Shroender for picks...

Mind you that Hill + Middleton will count for 32M (their previous salaries) in such a trade, which falls well into the 125% rule...

Therefore OKC will get both replacements for Shroender and PG in their roster, will save more than 50M in cash, will go under the lux tax and will buy valuable picks for their future.

Given that there is a huge shortage of PGs in the NBA and no other than Ja Morant worthwhile to draft, Shroeder will be extremely valuable for (the plenty of) teams that are in need for a good PG to deal for...

lol how do you know hat guys are gonna sign for?

TheDish87
04-23-2019, 11:39 AM
lollolol Middleton isnt eligible for a supermax contract

buckalis
04-23-2019, 11:57 AM
lollolol Middleton isnt eligible for a supermax contract

Exactly what I said...

warfelg
04-23-2019, 12:03 PM
That’s not what he’s laughing at.

MygirlhatesCod
04-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Everyone say significuntly aloud around a woman please.

Best way to spell significant!

prodigy
04-25-2019, 12:33 PM
A very interesting off season is expected that will impact the league for the years to come because of:

-Over 200 Free agents, many of which are TOP-20 or better players...
-One of the most talented in the history of the league draft coming up...
-TOP-10 players available in the market via trades.

West:

1. The CLIPPERS: with tons of cap space and a young and talented roster core, they are expected to be contenders for the title next season by adding one or two All Stars in their roster and (traditionally) drafting well...

2. The KINGS: tons of cap space, young and talented core and good drafting position.

3. The MAVERICKS: tons of cap space, Doncic in his sophomore season and lottery pick.

4. The PELICANS: tons of cap space, lottery pick and by trading AD (and Holiday?) they'll be payed with lots of additional young talent.

East:

1. The SIXERS: tons of cap space, they are expected resign and keep this season's additions and add much more... They are expected to be among the favorites to win the title.

2. The NETS: Lots of talent and plenty of cap space they'll boost by adding a "big name" in their roster...

3. The BUCKS: The best player (the new king) secured in their roster, the best roster depth in the league, young players and tons of cap space as well as being 1st targeted destination for free agents and players willing to be traded, they are expected to improve their roster further and be the No 1 favorite to win the title.

4. The HAWKS: Cap space off the roof and 2 lottery picks, as well as young and talented core, they have 2 lottery picks and therefore the highest chances (20%) to draft the No 1 pick...

5. The MAGIC: Tons of cap space and plenty of talent they are expected to boost by adding a couple of guards.

6. The BULLS: Lots of cap space, plenty of young talent and tremendous roster depth as well as a lottery pick, they are expected to both draft well and add a leader out of free agency.

whoever gets zion