PDA

View Full Version : The FA no one has been talking about, Ricky Rubio.

Chronz
04-21-2019, 11:21 AM
Where should he go next year, are his days of dominating the ball enough to get 9 assist over?

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 11:38 AM
nobody talks about him because he can't shoot 3's and can't make anything near the rim. I unfortunately think its possible he stays in Utah or he might be pissed that the Jazz were ready and willing to trade him at the deadline

Giannis94
04-21-2019, 12:10 PM
nobody talks about him because he can't shoot 3's and can't make anything near the rim. I unfortunately think its possible he stays in Utah or he might be pissed that the Jazz were ready and willing to trade him at the deadline

So you're saying he's similar to Ben simmons except simmons can make stuff near the rim and can't make jumpers which Rubio can?

Storch
04-21-2019, 12:19 PM
So you're saying he's similar to Ben simmons except simmons can make stuff near the rim and can't make jumpers which Rubio can?

How is it even remotely possible you bring up a comparison of ben simmons and ricky rubio? Bait.

warfelg
04-21-2019, 12:29 PM
So thinking about this, I think that depending on what happens with AD, New Orleans would be great landing spot.

They've toyed for 2 years with a more passing first PG with Jrue at the 2, and Rubio would be likely the best option they could get.

buckalis
04-21-2019, 12:54 PM
So thinking about this, I think that depending on what happens with AD, New Orleans would be great landing spot.

They've toyed for 2 years with a more passing first PG with Jrue at the 2, and Rubio would be likely the best option they could get.

I was thinking exactly the same... John Hammond would be extremely happy to offer Ricky a 3-5M per contract for another 3 seasons... But there will also be many others that will consider Ricky as a solid back up PG coming from bench... But I'm pretty sure Ricky would be happier at Orlando than anywhere else...

Scoots
04-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Rubio is under-rated. I'd love him to join the Warriors ... but he'll get a lot more money elsewhere.

Chronz
04-21-2019, 01:38 PM
I really want him in Phoenix, would totally compliment Booker

flea
04-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Phoenix sounds good, team with shooters and athletic bigs. It really shows you how weird NBA basketball has become with the rules changes when a guy like Rubio has roughly the same value as old DJ Augustin.

zn23
04-21-2019, 05:17 PM
Being a point guard who can't reliably hit 3s will hurt him.

It feels like the Jazz are the perfect system for him.

LakerClipperFan
04-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Lakers are targeting Rubio, haha!!

ewing
04-21-2019, 08:04 PM
Rubio is under-rated. I'd love him to join the Warriors ... but he'll get a lot more money elsewhere.

He might be the most overrated player on PSD. He is a boarder line starter And Thatís why no one is talking about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
04-21-2019, 10:41 PM
He might be the most overrated player on PSD. He is a boarder line starter And Thatís why no one is talking about him

I don't want him on the Warriors to start :)

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 01:05 AM
I actually think Favors is a lot more interesting for a ton of teams. he got way better at pick and roll this year and his per 36 is 18/11. he isn't a super rim protector, but I would geuss he is probably top 15 and he can pretty reliably switch in the pick and roll as long as he isn't covering the super elites. Of course we only let him go if we need his cap space to sign someone.

ewing
04-22-2019, 09:24 AM
I don't want him on the Warriors to start :)

That exactly why he is a free agent no one is talking about. Heís decent but he isnít changing any teamís fate.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 10:03 AM
I would take him over Teague, but at this point, Rubio is no longer quick enough to be a deflection, charge taking machine. His shooing/finishing become more of a liability by the year now.

ewing
04-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I would take him over Teague, but at this point, Rubio is no longer quick enough to be a deflection, charge taking machine. His shooing/finishing become more of a liability by the year now.

When he can score a little he is damn good player. Thatís just not most games. He is very inconsistent and I think it all stems from weather he is a big enough scoring threat to open up the rest of his game. If he has slipped defensively that bring him down further

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 10:27 AM
When he can score a little he is damn good player. Thatís just not most games. He is very inconsistent and I think it all stems from weather he is a big enough scoring threat to open up the rest of his game. If he has slipped defensively that bring him down further

he goes through around 3-4 stretches a year of roughly 5-6 games, where that jumper is falling. And he is awesome. Then it disappears on him, and he goes back to what he is. He has slipped defensively, he just doesn't have the speed to get to his spots now.