PDA

View Full Version : Stark contrast in the mentality(regarding trade talks) of Celtics phenoms vs Lakers

Chronz
04-21-2019, 11:12 AM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/04/20/celtics-jayson-tatum-trade-rumors-dont-bother-me/

Jayson Tatum: ďTrade rumors donít bother me. Theyíre talking about trading me for guys like Anthony Davis. So, I mean, I must be doing something pretty well."

Lakers basically fell apart, tho I think alot of that blame was misplaced (the youngsters still outplayed the vets for example) and I think injuries crippled them more than anything, but this is the kind of mentality I mentioned when everyone was bashing lebron for destroying team morale yet completely ignoring just how mentally weak a team has to be to not understand they're in a business.

Big ups to Tatum for putting on his big boy pants, laker players tend to be emo about getting ditched

Storch
04-21-2019, 12:17 PM
Ok

TrueFan420
04-21-2019, 07:43 PM
I donít disagree but Tatum hearing that in Boston isnít the same as say Ingram hearing that in LA. LA is non stop especially when you add Bron to the equation.

PAOboston
04-21-2019, 07:58 PM
I think it has to do more with organizational stability. Ainge is gone on record on his weekly radio show that heís relatively up front with the players from the get go about trades etc. I think Boston May have just better prepared their young guys for that type of situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmellofan15
04-21-2019, 09:16 PM
I think it has to do more with organizational stability. Ainge is gone on record on his weekly radio show that heís relatively up front with the players from the get go about trades etc. I think Boston May have just better prepared their young guys for that type of situation.

Yeah, as much as the way these guys get treated bothers me, at least they're transparent about it in Boston. I don't think the players are all that different, but there's a huge difference between that Magic-Rob-Bron combo and Ainge. Maybe that changes soon with Magic being gone?

Scoots
04-21-2019, 10:41 PM
Ainge and the Celtics are quiet and slow to act and plan years ahead. The Lakers don't seem to have a real plan.

WhiteShadow42
04-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Ainge and the Celtics are quiet and slow to act and plan years ahead. The Lakers don't seem to have a real plan.

The Lakers are way too impatient. Hope Magicís replacement is more methodical and doesnít cave to Lebrons demands.

PAOboston
04-21-2019, 11:08 PM
The Lakers are way too impatient. Hope Magicís replacement is more methodical and doesnít cave to Lebrons demands.

Yeah....thatís not gonna happen. The LeBron prime countdown is a real thing. Heís going to be 35 next year. I expect the Lakers to go swinging for the fences this summer with FAs and trades (regardless if that is right move or not).

Scoots
04-21-2019, 11:53 PM
Yeah....thatís not gonna happen. The LeBron prime countdown is a real thing. Heís going to be 35 next year. I expect the Lakers to go swinging for the fences this summer with FAs and trades (regardless if that is right move or not).

The issue there is a lack of realism. Who they can get, how they can make them a team, and how long it will take to gel. Really LeBron's prime is already gone, and they need to try to build more organically even if it is around him.

I saw a breakdown the other day that basically said the Lakers are unlikely to get any of the top 10 free agents and if they don't then using the LeBron metric the season is already a failure before it has started.

LaVar Ball
04-22-2019, 01:38 AM
Tittays

Vee-Rex
04-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Wasn't the story at the time.

At the time, Boston was getting hounded by the media and general NBA fans because they weren't playing well. The same things being said about the Lakers youth was being said about guys like Tatum and Brown and Rozier. Check out the "what's wrong with the Celtics thread" around trade deadline.

The only difference is people also put heavy blame on Kyrie, whereas they jump through hurdles to avoid putting any blame on LeBron. I happen to be one of the few that think LeBron is still the best player in the world but you've gotta be naive (or a stan) to think that LeBron's way of isolating himself from teammates doesn't contribute to disrupting chemistry, especially towards the young players.

This thread reeks of "it's not lebron's fault!!1"

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 10:06 AM
Wasn't the story at the time.

At the time, Boston was getting hounded by the media and general NBA fans because they weren't playing well. The same things being said about the Lakers youth was being said about guys like Tatum and Brown and Rozier. Check out the "what's wrong with the Celtics thread" around trade deadline.

The only difference is people also put heavy blame on Kyrie, whereas they jump through hurdles to avoid putting any blame on LeBron. I happen to be one of the few that think LeBron is still the best player in the world but you've gotta be naive (or a stan) to think that LeBron's way of isolating himself from teammates doesn't contribute to disrupting chemistry, especially towards the young players.

This thread reeks of "it's not lebron's fault!!1"

omg yes. 2nd greatest ever, but he became insufferable somewhere around 5 years ago

ewing
04-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Tatum has vet leaders like Kyrie and Al to show him the way, on the other hand LeBum models everything you shouldnít be when it comes to supporting your team.

ewing
04-22-2019, 10:13 AM
omg yes. 2nd greatest ever, but he became insufferable somewhere around 5 years ago

He was insufferable from day one.

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 11:17 AM
He was insufferable from day one.

nah. Started somehwere around his 1st day back in Cle I think

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 11:18 AM
Tatum has vet leaders like Kyrie and Al to show him the way, on the other hand LeBum models everything you shouldnít be when it comes to supporting your team.

lol

ewing
04-22-2019, 11:43 AM
nah. Started somehwere around his 1st day back in Cle I think

Come on the chalk throwing and witness ********, naming himself King James before he very played an NBA game.... this is who he has always been

Lakers + Giants
04-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Also, Celtics couldn't trade for AD with Kyrie on the roster.... So, yea. It's easy to ignore **** when it's much less likely...

Hawkeye15
04-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Come on the chalk throwing and witness ********, naming himself King James before he very played an NBA game.... this is who he has always been

have the media up your *** by age 14, and every person/coach kissing your *** and see how you turn out dude. It's amazing he wasn't more entitled to me

Scoots
04-22-2019, 07:20 PM
have the media up your *** by age 14, and every person/coach kissing your *** and see how you turn out dude. It's amazing he wasn't more entitled to me

While that is true, and by all accounts he's a good father, the fact that he's been under a microscope for 20 years just means he's good at hiding his *******ry.

I don't think he's a bad guy ... but I'm a good guy and certainly capable of being an ******* from time to time.

ewing
04-22-2019, 07:52 PM
While that is true, and by all accounts he's a good father, the fact that he's been under a microscope for 20 years just means he's good at hiding his *******ry.

I don't think he's a bad guy ... but I'm a good guy and certainly capable of being an ******* from time to time.

I donít think he is a serial killer or crook or any other number of bad things just a douchy guy

Hawkeye15
04-25-2019, 10:18 AM

absolutely man

More-Than-Most
04-30-2019, 05:39 AM

ainge will never do a deal unless they flat out rape the other GM... Ainge not making deals is what will end up being the thing that always kills the celtics... every year they could have had a KL... A butler... AN AD... A pg13.... they wont make the deal because ainge is scared to lose a deal or break even.... and its going to kill them.

I am not saying make a trade to lose a deal but to be so scared of losing a deal you dont make the trade to get you over the hump its as worse or worse then anything. Ainge lacks a set of nuts

PAOboston
04-30-2019, 09:23 AM
ainge will never do a deal unless they flat out rape the other GM... Ainge not making deals is what will end up being the thing that always kills the celtics... every year they could have had a KL... A butler... AN AD... A pg13.... they wont make the deal because ainge is scared to lose a deal or break even.... and its going to kill them.

I am not saying make a trade to lose a deal but to be so scared of losing a deal you dont make the trade to get you over the hump its as worse or worse then anything. Ainge lacks a set of nuts

This is pretty awful logic. Ainge isnít afraid to make a deal. They legit call him Trader Danny for a reason. But he always makes the deal that he thinks is the best for his team. Heís not going to get bent over by anyone. And for a myriad of reasons, him not pulling the trigger on any of those guys was the right move.

Lil Rhody
04-30-2019, 12:11 PM
^ exactly let's see

Butler is a cancer

PG13 had no extension on the table could of left

Kahwi same thing but instead you now could lose Irving and than have absolutely nothing.

He just mad that we didn't gut the team so Philly has a chance. Also who would of thought you'd have to tell a sixers fan to trust the process

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk