PDA

View Full Version : Is it worse to go scoreless or throw up bricks?

Chronz
04-18-2019, 04:17 PM
Basically asking you to choose between RWB worst version of himself or Lowry thus far.... Mamba Mentality vs Team Play?

Jamiecballer
04-18-2019, 05:20 PM
They've played 2 games - why are you picking on him after a strong game 2.

And the answer obviously lies in what else you do to contribute and how many shots did you take to go scoreless. When you take only 7 shots and 6 are 3's it's not nearly the story people make it out to be. That's probably why he had the best +- on the team in that game anyways.

I will never ever trust RW to make the right decisions when it counts.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

cmellofan15
04-18-2019, 08:30 PM
Depends on the player...let the shooter shoot, there will always be off games and I'd rather you go down fighting.

But if this is about Westbrook and Lowry I would suggest those dudes do the opposite of what they did. I'm fine with Lowry trying to find is rhythm, but Westbrook is toxic when he starts chucking.

WaDe03
04-18-2019, 08:41 PM
Shoot within the flow of the offense but donít chuck if youíre not hitting. Once
You start passing up shots in the flow of the offense youíre a liability to your team
And you clearly donít believe in yourself. If you donít believe in yourself who will?!

ewing
04-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Shoot within the flow of the offense but donít chuck if youíre not hitting. Once
You start passing up shots in the flow of the offense youíre a liability to your team
And you clearly donít believe in yourself. If you donít believe in yourself who will?!

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crewfan13
04-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Exactly. And know your role. If you're JJ Redick, your value is shooting the ball and pulling the defense out. Even on nights you're struggling, teams aren't going to sag off too much. But if you're a guy who isn't a great shooter, it's probably wise to be less trigger happy, especially if you can provide value elsewhere, like as a guy who can attack the rim.

Heediot
04-19-2019, 05:26 PM
They've played 2 games - why are you picking on him after a strong game 2.

And the answer obviously lies in what else you do to contribute and how many shots did you take to go scoreless. When you take only 7 shots and 6 are 3's it's not nearly the story people make it out to be. That's probably why he had the best +- on the team in that game anyways.

I will never ever trust RW to make the right decisions when it counts.

I don't care what the plus minus said everything that day. The film on that game tells everything. It wasn't just from the field, he missed two fts. His psyche and shooting (to score) was off. Raps were most threatening that day when Kawhi had the ball imo.

I even said in the game thread I knew the Lowry apologoists would use the plus minus to defend him. But watching that game told a different story, clearly as shown in all game threads/chats that day on psd and elsewhere.

Heediot
04-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Honestly though, I think what Lowry did was passable. he knew his shot was off so didn`t boher attempting much.

I`m not a fan of westbrook over-pressing, glory hogging, and lack of trust issues when he shoots his team out of games and tries to play the hero late in games, especially post-season.

like wade said above though, it`s more acceptable in the flow of the offense, but like i just mentioned there are other factors in his mindset that makes me not like his decision making-chucking. He`s a weak shooter to boot, which makes it more mind-numbing.

Jamiecballer
04-19-2019, 06:29 PM
I don't care what the plus minus said everything that day. The film on that game tells everything. It wasn't just from the field, he missed two fts. His psyche and shooting (to score) was off. Raps were most threatening that day when Kawhi had the ball imo.

I even said in the game thread I knew the Lowry apologoists would use the plus minus to defend him. But watching that game told a different story, clearly as shown in all game threads/chats that day on psd and elsewhere.The plus minus does not need to be used as a defense, the team ran well and effectively when he was on the floor. The plus 15 or 16 only confirms that fact.The fact that he was not as aggressive as we would like does not mitigate that fact. When a guy does 10 things really well and struggles in the one area people love to talk about you get a narrative that does nor line up with reality.

For god's sakes we still have people talking about Lowry the playoff underachiever despite the fact that the last 2 playoff runs + this one he has shot 48% from the field 48!

Heediot
04-19-2019, 06:42 PM
The plus minus does not need to be used as a defense, the team ran well and effectively when he was on the floor. The plus 15 or 16 only confirms that fact.The fact that he was not as aggressive as we would like does not mitigate that fact. When a guy does 10 things really well and struggles in the one area people love to talk about you get a narrative that does nor line up with reality.

For god's sakes we still have people talking about Lowry the playoff underachiever despite the fact that the last 2 playoff runs + this one he has shot 48% from the field 48!

I think his plus minus was lucky. He had zero points and the guy he is responsible for had a career high and out did him badly. I think on that specific night, other factors and who he played with contributed more to the his plus minus. I think he did do a few things well, but he was more a beneficiary of circumstance,

Jamiecballer
04-19-2019, 09:20 PM
I think his plus minus was lucky. He had zero points and the guy he is responsible for had a career high and out did him badly. I think on that specific night, other factors and who he played with contributed more to the his plus minus. I think he did do a few things well, but he was more a beneficiary of circumstance,Augustine did the vast majority of his damage with VanVleet on the floor as I recall.