PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn or Orlando - more likely to win 3 more games

Giannis94
04-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Who's more likely to pull the upset? Fascinating game 1's. I'll reseve my thoughts for a post later in the thread because I know MLM Is going to report this thread and try to get me banned for asking a question like this when we all know it's a realistic possibility

Heediot
04-14-2019, 08:19 PM
lol @ the loudest posters reporting each other.

i think philly looks more vulnerable considering embiids health and even shot selection. ben is having psychological issues.

kyle lowry might be an issue for the raps. they have the defense and just enough talent to win even if lowry can't score this series.

ewing
04-14-2019, 09:39 PM
Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goingfor28
04-14-2019, 09:58 PM
Brooklyn. They have more talent than Orlando.
Also, Embiid is hurt and Simmons sucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Giannis94
04-14-2019, 10:17 PM
Brooklyn. They have more talent than Orlando.
Also, Embiid is hurt and Simmons sucks.

I didn't say it. But I agree.

AntiG
04-14-2019, 10:36 PM
Brooklyn for sure. Raptors are a much better team and led by a finals MVP.

ManningToTyree
04-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Brooklyn I dont think Orlando wins another game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
04-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Over the last 6 years the Raps have played in 9 playoff series. They’ve gone 1/9 in game 1 and have been at home for 7 of those game 1’s. The Sixers on the other hand need Jimmy Butler to play out of his mind.

Cal827
04-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Brooklyn I feel has a better chance. Depends on Embiids health though. If he and Butler are healthy, they'll probably win the series. If he's badly hurt, the Nets might be able to dispatch the team before he gets back to full health. Still see the 76ers winning the series, but if the Nets keep it up, the series might end up going 7 games.

I think Orlando could possibly win another game when the series shifts there, but I'd be stunned if the Magic win the series outright... and probably calling for Lowry's and Nurse's heads :laugh2: Depends on if Augustin can keep up his play and if the playcalling by Nurse/shooting struggles by Lowry continue.

At this moment I still have Philly and Toronto outlasting Brooklyn/Orlando in 6 games respectively.

crewfan13
04-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Without even considering raps or Philly, Brooklyn is just a better team than Orlando as a whole id say. But also Brooklyn has the single player most capable of going off and getting filthy hot in a few games to carry the offense if needed, which also helps.

Then factor in the raps and 76ers and the raps are a better put together team. So the nets have to be the choice.

I'm fascinated to watch more Simmons in the playoffs. He's the ultimate test of playoffs vs regular season. I've always said, for the most part, the regular season is strengths vs strengths. There's some game planning, but generally speaking, both teams try to play to their strengths to see who's strength is better. But the post season is different. There's a ton more game planning and it turns more into a weakness vs weakness game. Teams focus so much more on taking away your strength and make you beat them with your weakness. And that's where Simmons shooting is going to stick out. I'm fascinated to see if Philly can overcome it and make him a useful playoff peice or if it ends up being their downfall.

tp13baby
04-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Nets. Brown sucks and Embiid is hurt. Both will still win the series though

Driven
04-15-2019, 01:30 PM
I agree with those who say the Nets. Embiid is hurt and Toronto is just the better team overall.

Bostonjorge
04-16-2019, 02:15 AM
Simmons balled Brooklyn up. Embiid got a lot of rest tonight to. Need Embiid ready for the second round.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2019, 02:28 AM
Who's more likely to pull the upset? Fascinating game 1's. I'll reseve my thoughts for a post later in the thread because I know MLM Is going to report this thread and try to get me banned for asking a question like this when we all know it's a realistic possibility

I give all mods permission to come in here and say if I have reported giannis ever or anybody over like the last 2 years... Lol I take nothing personal and love when we all have fun. Its why I get along with guys like Tre and so on so well. I dont report.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2019, 02:31 AM
Orlando... Playoff raptors are interesting... I think the nets are better than Orlando but if we actually stick to our game plan that we used tonight WHICH I HAVE BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT ALL SEASON we will be fine. Lowry is just different in the playoffs and its def concerning. Bucks/Raptors are def the 2 best teams though.

More-Than-Most
04-16-2019, 02:32 AM
lol @ the loudest posters reporting each other.

i think philly looks more vulnerable considering embiids health and even shot selection. ben is having psychological issues.

kyle lowry might be an issue for the raps. they have the defense and just enough talent to win even if lowry can't score this series.

he is just mad embiid doesnt need his organization to put 900 shooters around him to be amazing and cover up his weakness like giannis does. I would be mad as well though if it took 4 plus seasons and a horrid 8th seed without their best player for my team to get out of the first round : )

Lil Rhody
04-16-2019, 10:46 AM
he is just mad embiid doesnt need his organization to put 900 shooters around him to be amazing and cover up his weakness like giannis does. I would be mad as well though if it took 4 plus seasons and a horrid 8th seed without their best player for my team to get out of the first round : )See Cha boi Simmons though

More-Than-Most
04-16-2019, 09:44 PM
See Cha boi Simmons though

no doubt... but ben is in his 2nd year and his first 2 years he was better than giannis in his years... giannis is of course the better player now but if you put giannis and embiid on the worst team in basketball embiid gets you more wins everytime.

TheDish87
04-17-2019, 02:25 PM
probably the nets bcuz they just fire away and showed they can get hot. The magic dont really have enough overall talent to sustain their play from game 1. neither is going to win 3 though.

crewfan13
04-17-2019, 09:26 PM
no doubt... but ben is in his 2nd year and his first 2 years he was better than giannis in his years... giannis is of course the better player now but if you put giannis and embiid on the worst team in basketball embiid gets you more wins everytime.

Smart move using years in the league instead of comparing at the same age since that wouldn't fit your narrative. In his age 22 season giannis averaged 23/9/5 with a PER of 26 and 12 win shares and a 60% TS% while Simmons averaged 17/9/8 witb a PER of 20 and a 58% TS%. Giannis also had a higher usage rate, lower turnover rate, higher steal rate and higher block rate at the same age.

Bostonjorge
04-18-2019, 02:57 AM
Smart move using years in the league instead of comparing at the same age since that wouldn't fit your narrative. In his age 22 season giannis averaged 23/9/5 with a PER of 26 and 12 win shares and a 60% TS% while Simmons averaged 17/9/8 witb a PER of 20 and a 58% TS%. Giannis also had a higher usage rate, lower turnover rate, higher steal rate and higher block rate at the same age.

Simmons won a playoff series in his “rookie” year with no Embiid. Greek is still trying to win his first series. Simmons needs Embiid and I’ll admit it’s Embiid’s team but Simmons still took someone else’s team and won.

Lil Rhody
04-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Smart move using years in the league instead of comparing at the same age since that wouldn't fit your narrative. In his age 22 season giannis averaged 23/9/5 with a PER of 26 and 12 win shares and a 60% TS% while Simmons averaged 17/9/8 witb a PER of 20 and a 58% TS%. Giannis also had a higher usage rate, lower turnover rate, higher steal rate and higher block rate at the same age.Also Ben has Joel.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 08:51 AM

years in the league/experience means much more then age.

crewfan13
04-18-2019, 10:06 AM
years in the league/experience means much more then age.

Strongly disagree. Plus giannis came from basically playing in a league that amounted to below D3 college basketball straight to the nba while Simmons came from D1 college and sat out a season while still having access to nba trainers, coaches and strength coaches.

There's a reason freshman and sophomores are drafted ahead of more productive juniors and seniors, and its because age is almost always much more indicative of upside than years of experience, especially when the kid grew up playing high level basketball like Simmons did. It's not like Simmons was some unknown kid buried in no man's land in Australia. He grew up playing fairly high level hoops, was involved in the U17 team and played 3 years of high level ball in the US high school system.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 04:30 PM
college experience is not nba experience. nba time and development trumps anything else. not even an argument. Giannis played 4 full seasons before Ben even got to the league, like come on.

crewfan13
04-18-2019, 10:08 PM
If you legitimately think Simmons has anywhere near the developmental curve giannis had because his 2nd season was better I can't help you.

Using the "2nd year" arguement is clearly some misguided attempt to convince yourselves Simmons might be as good as giannis. Giannis was always more likely to have a significantly steeper learning curve and the potential for greater development from his rookie year on because his basketball upbringing was nowhere near the vast majority of players.