PDA

View Full Version : WCQF Series Thread: Rockets (4) vs Jazz (5) Rockets win series 4-1

Pages : [1] 2

kdspurman
04-12-2019, 11:26 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/641c80.jpg

Game 1: Sun, April 14 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT

Game 2: Wed, April 17 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT

Game 3: Sat, April 20 Houston at Utah, 10:30 ET, ESPN

Game 4: Mon, April 22 Houston at Utah 10:30 ET, TNT

*Game 5: Wed, April 24 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD

*Game 6: Fri, April 26 Houston at Utah, TBD, TBD

*Game 7: Sun, April 28 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/230/thumbs/etpzlhc48xgh58agjuln2khsl.gif

Projected Starting Lineup

PG: Chris Paul
SG: James Harden
SF: Eric Gordon
PF: PJ Tucker
C: Clint Capela

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/234/thumbs/23445462017.gif

Projected Starting Lineup

PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: Donovan Mitchell
SF: Joe Ingles
PF: Jae Crowder
C: Rudy Gobert

TrueFan420
04-12-2019, 12:49 PM
All eyes on this match up... itís definitely the marquee match up of the first round.

dhopisthename
04-12-2019, 12:50 PM
I am going to wait to see who on the Jazz is really hurt before I vote for this one. if everyone but Exum plays i probably go Rockets in 7.

goingfor28
04-12-2019, 01:04 PM
Rockets in 6

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Firefistus
04-12-2019, 01:10 PM
I think Jazz will snag one at Houston, and if they do that then they'll win in 6. If they don't then they'll lose in 7.

Tg11
04-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Rockets in 6

Lakers + Giants
04-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Rockets in 6.

cmellofan15
04-13-2019, 12:02 AM
Rox in 5. Seems like everybody's healthy, so this should be quick and painless

ManningToTyree
04-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Rockets in 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R. Johnson#3
04-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Hardest one to call for sure. I don't see Harden proving any doubters wrong this series and I think the Jazz will take it in 7.

mightybosstone
04-13-2019, 06:41 PM
The Jazz are a good team. I also think the Rockets are a bad matchup for them. I think Houston takes it in 5-6.

mightybosstone
04-13-2019, 06:42 PM
Hardest one to call for sure. I don't see Harden proving any doubters wrong this series and I think the Jazz will take it in 7.
He didn't have any problems with Utah last year. :shrug:

R. Johnson#3
04-13-2019, 07:03 PM
He didn't have any problems with Utah last year. :shrug:

Utah didn't have Ricky Rubio last year.

Bostonjorge
04-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Ingles and Crowder are not bad options to guard Harden

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 04:14 AM
Utah didn't have Ricky Rubio last year.

Yeah, he did an awesome job slowing down Harden when he put up 90 points in his last two games against Utah this season (both wins). Seriously, though, I think you're giving Rubio a little too much credit...

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 04:26 AM
cant wait to hear the excuses when harden avg 40... i like what the jazz have been doing but harden is a god... he isnt about beating up on a **** 8th seed like curry... he is gonna knock out the jazz in 5.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 04:26 AM
this is a good jazz team by the way..... they are very good... harden has just become that much better,

JAZZNC
04-14-2019, 10:03 AM
this is a good jazz team by the way..... they are very good... harden has just become that much better,
I don't know that he's any better, he's just shooting more?? And getting even more calls getting to the line more. He's the same. Probably won't show against the Jazz but in the next round it will. It always has and it is just expected until it doesn't.

Chronz
04-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Yeah harden has added playoff moves to his game when the high pnr hedges/traps come. I fully expect him to have a game in this series like curry did last night

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 12:15 PM
I don't know that he's any better, he's just shooting more?? And getting even more calls getting to the line more. He's the same. Probably won't show against the Jazz but in the next round it will. It always has and it is just expected until it doesn't.

Then you haven't watched him this season. His step back has become deadly and far more versatile, and he added that floater to give himself an in-between shot just outside of the rim. He's added a ton of tricks to his offensive game that he didn't have last year. You will see them on display very soon...

ewing
04-14-2019, 05:51 PM
Rockets in 6

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 09:18 PM
you guys about to see the real MVP go off against an actual good team.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Then you haven't watched him this season. His step back has become deadly and far more versatile, and he added that floater to give himself an in-between shot just outside of the rim. He's added a ton of tricks to his offensive game that he didn't have last year. You will see them on display very soon...

his defense has also been better

likemystylez
04-14-2019, 09:35 PM
this series is gonna be ugly, but houston is gonna win it faster than people expect. James Harden will average 40 ppg, and Utah wont have enough scoring support outside of mitchell. Utah must keep guys like Gordon, Green, and Capela from being 20 ppg scorers as well- and slow down the overall tempo of the games to keep it close. Im looking forward to it- but houston in 5

Scoots
04-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Imagine how good they'd be if they had better shooters around Harden and Paul.

JAZZNC
04-14-2019, 10:22 PM
Harden and Paul....damnit. What an extremely difficult matchup. Just gotta keep it as ugly as possible if you're the Jazz

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 10:22 PM

Normally this crew has been more reliable than this, but I'll admit this first half has been a tad frustrating. So many missed wide open 3-pointers. If they hit some of these *****, they'd be up 15+ easily right now.

Scoots
04-14-2019, 10:25 PM
We need to add a post game penalty for acting like you are shooting when you are not to get the free throws.

JAZZNC
04-14-2019, 10:31 PM
And just like that bout to get blowed out!

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Utah getting the benefit of the officiating in this first half. That stretch just now where Paul got blatantly fouled bringing the ball up twice was infuriating.

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 10:39 PM
The Jazz defensive gameplan for Harden is definitely not working. It's like they're trying to take away the stepback, but then they're giving him a wide open lane to drive. Then Gobert steps up to take away the drive and contest the floater, but it's leaving Capela and/or corner shooters wide open. Did they forget how good of a passer Harden is?

c.c.
04-14-2019, 10:44 PM
The Jazz defensive gameplan for Harden is definitely not working. It's like they're trying to take away the stepback, but then they're giving him a wide open lane to drive. Then Gobert steps up to take away the drive and contest the floater, but it's leaving Capela and/or corner shooters wide open. Did they forget how good of a passer Harden is?

Looks like they trying to take away his left hand and make him go right

cmellofan15
04-14-2019, 10:47 PM
Looks like they trying to take away his left hand and make him go right

Didn't the Suns or someone try this in the regular season and get obliterated by him?

Vee-Rex
04-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Rooting for the Rockets to go ahead and sweep and get rested to face the Warriors.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 11:34 PM
Rooting for the Rockets to go ahead and sweep and get rested to face the Warriors.

this, Harden eliminating the warriors would be as bad to tre as what lebron did to his butt a few years ago :laugh:

Driven
04-14-2019, 11:36 PM

Danuel House is one guy that has the ability to be an X factor for them for that reason. Heís probably their most efficient three point shooter

Driven
04-14-2019, 11:38 PM

As a Rockets fan that lives on the East Coast this would be amazing. All of these games are starting at 9:30 or 10:30. Itís hard for me to stay up this late for every game.

Luckily basketball has sped up over the years so itís not like the games go too long.

tredigs
04-14-2019, 11:43 PM
Harden 9-23. MVP! MVP! I can't wait for the Dubs to send this MVP hunting clown home once again.

Driven
04-14-2019, 11:48 PM
Oh the horror of having a game where you shoot 40% from the field

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 11:50 PM
Harden 9-23. MVP! MVP! I can't wait for the Dubs to send this MVP hunting clown home once again.

29/8/10 leading his team to an easy victory over an actually good defensive team without 5 of the best players in the world around him.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 11:50 PM
Oh the horror of having a game where you shoot 40% from the field

curry has been doing it quite a bit lately to end the regular season.

More-Than-Most
04-14-2019, 11:51 PM
If the sixers lose I just want the warriors/celtics out and I will be the happiest dude on the planet. Lol I really like Scoot and it sucks i have to wish this on his team but rush and tre need to be taught a lesson. : )

Driven
04-14-2019, 11:51 PM
29/8/10 leading his team to an easy victory over an actually good defensive team without 5 of the best players in the world around him.

3 turnovers. Might not be a great scoring game for Harden, but an efficient offensive game regardless. Rockets with 60 points in the paint.

mightybosstone
04-14-2019, 11:53 PM
So glad I put tredigs on ignore. Dude is easily the most obvious troll on PSD.

JAZZNC
04-15-2019, 12:06 AM
Wonder how the off-season is gonna go for us🤔🤔

mightybosstone
04-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Trolling aside, I thought the whole Rockets team (Harden included) played extremely well. Utah had no answer for the Rockets' penetration inside, and the plan to come out on Harden and Paul on the dribble drive led to a crazy amount of open baskets around the rim and open 3s on the corners. Plus, the Rockets' defense was stifling most of the night.

I expect Utah will adjust and play differently in the second game, but what happens if they don't shoot 15 more free throws like they did tonight and the Rockets are more consistent in hitting their open 3-pointers? I still think this has a chance to be a good series, but I picked Houston in 5 for a reason. I just think they're a superior offensive basketball team, and I just don't think Utah is capable of keeping up with their firepower over the course of a seven-game series.

Scoots
04-15-2019, 10:24 AM
Trolling aside, I thought the whole Rockets team (Harden included) played extremely well. Utah had no answer for the Rockets' penetration inside, and the plan to come out on Harden and Paul on the dribble drive led to a crazy amount of open baskets around the rim and open 3s on the corners. Plus, the Rockets' defense was stifling most of the night.

I expect Utah will adjust and play differently in the second game, but what happens if they don't shoot 15 more free throws like they did tonight and the Rockets are more consistent in hitting their open 3-pointers? I still think this has a chance to be a good series, but I picked Houston in 5 for a reason. I just think they're a superior offensive basketball team, and I just don't think Utah is capable of keeping up with their firepower over the course of a seven-game series.

It was like watching a Warriors game ... it's not that Utah can't win, it's just that if the Rockets are playing their game at a reasonable level then the Jazz have to be nearly perfect to win. Games like that just don't happen 4 times out of 7.

Htownballa1622
04-15-2019, 11:24 AM

Your little school girl crush on Harden is getting cute. It's my second favorite storyline now how far you'll go to put Harden down. He's living RENT FREE all in your head.

It's almost as good as winning. The butt is big hurt.

Htownballa1622
04-15-2019, 11:28 AM
Great first game for Rockets. I was frustrated at Tucker clanking wide open 3s and Harden not getting his floater going but he was getting HAMMERED on some drives after his shot was up by Gobert. FINALLY they called it in second half.

The defensive gameplan is asinine imo against Harden. He gets runway to lane and he can shoot(and hopefully make going fwd) the floater or kick to wide open guys. They just have to hit shots. Cp3 is a maestro. Capela was solid even with his upper respiratory infection and Gordon didn't make dumb plays and played well! Gotta get these guys outta here because Toby didn't play well and Mitchell should play better going forward.

tredigs
04-15-2019, 11:34 AM
If the sixers lose I just want the warriors/celtics out and I will be the happiest dude on the planet. Lol I really like Scoot and it sucks i have to wish this on his team but rush and tre need to be taught a lesson. : )

"If the Sixers lose" is an instant classic.

tredigs
04-15-2019, 11:39 AM
Your little school girl crush on Harden is getting cute. It's my second favorite storyline now how far you'll go to put Harden down. He's living RENT FREE all in your head.

It's almost as good as winning. The butt is big hurt.

Harden is the Warriors pinata. Condolences concerning the MVP L though. He definitely went all out for that one this year. Put it all on the line after making it his stated mission for the year and everything. Feels bad.

Htownballa1622
04-15-2019, 11:53 AM
Harden is the Warriors pinata. Condolences concerning the MVP L though. He definitely went all out for that one this year. Put it all on the line after making it his stated mission for the year and everything. Feels bad.

If the Rockets somehow get past the Warriors next round, you're going to want to delete your account or fire your old one back up (lolplease) because you're C- trolling will be put to shame. :)

tredigs
04-15-2019, 12:01 PM
If the Rockets somehow get past the Warriors next round, you're going to want to delete your account or fire your old one back up (lolplease) because you're C- trolling will be put to shame. :)
Trust me, I would be OK if the Rockets outplay the Warriors and actually make a Finals this decade. In fact it would be a breath of fresh air to see the shock on everyone's faces if the Warriors went down.

That said, you'll probably have to be praying for injury for that to happen. Your team is weaker than last year, and you're going against a healthy Curry right now.

Driven
04-15-2019, 01:02 PM
I don't know if Houston will really be weaker than they were last year when they faced the Warriors. If they can make quick work of Utah and get some rest, that along with a healthy Chris Paul for seven games could offset the other personnel changes. Houston has played extremely well since the All-Star break, and have some more depth now than earlier in the year with guys like Faried and House.

I think if the Rockets ended up with the 2 seed that the expectations would be different in a WCF between these two teams. Not getting the 2 seed was unfortunate for Houston, but shouldn't take away from how well they've been playing. Not to mention that they have confidence when playing the Warriors.

I don't expect the Rockets to beat the Warriors in a series, though. Golden State is better than they were last year at least on paper come playoff time, and Houston doesn't have home court. I think it'll be interesting right out of the gate. If the Rockets are competitive early in the series and grab a win or two early on, it's going to make for a very competitive and close series overall.

mightybosstone
04-15-2019, 03:15 PM
I don't know if Houston will really be weaker than they were last year when they faced the Warriors. If they can make quick work of Utah and get some rest, that along with a healthy Chris Paul for seven games could offset the other personnel changes. Houston has played extremely well since the All-Star break, and have some more depth now than earlier in the year with guys like Faried and House.

I think if the Rockets ended up with the 2 seed that the expectations would be different in a WCF between these two teams. Not getting the 2 seed was unfortunate for Houston, but shouldn't take away from how well they've been playing. Not to mention that they have confidence when playing the Warriors.

I don't expect the Rockets to beat the Warriors in a series, though. Golden State is better than they were last year at least on paper come playoff time, and Houston doesn't have home court. I think it'll be interesting right out of the gate. If the Rockets are competitive early in the series and grab a win or two early on, it's going to make for a very competitive and close series overall.

Agreed. I don't think any Rockets fan expects them to be favorites heading into the series, but they'll certainly give Golden State more of a run for their money than any other Western Conference team, and possibly any other team in the NBA period. The 4 seed was a bit of a bummer, but if it ultimately means Paul and co. are healthy during the series, I'm good with it.

In terms of personnel, I actually think the supporting cast around Harden and Paul are a little better this season than last year. Unlike Anderson, Mbah a Moute and Joe Johnson, guys like Rivers, Faried and Shumpert are actually playable rotational guys in the postseason. And it might sound blasphemous to say, but House might actually be a little better than Arizaócertainly as an offensive player. All that being said, Paul hasn't quite been the same player this year as he was last year. But if he can be "2018 postseason Chris Paul" during these playoffs, this Rockets team should genuinely scare the rest of the league.

Edit: I'm trying not to look ahead, though. Last night's win was great, but they still have to win three more games against a very good Utah team. Losing on Wednesday would completely change the momentum, so their focus should be on winning Game 2.

Driven
04-15-2019, 03:57 PM
House is probably better on offense than Ariza, but is nowhere near the defensive player that Ariza was for Houston.

ewing
04-15-2019, 09:19 PM
House is probably better on offense than Ariza, but is nowhere near the defensive player that Ariza was for Houston.

Eddie House is the ****

Vee-Rex
04-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Agreed. I don't think any Rockets fan expects them to be favorites heading into the series, but they'll certainly give Golden State more of a run for their money than any other Western Conference team, and possibly any other team in the NBA period. The 4 seed was a bit of a bummer, but if it ultimately means Paul and co. are healthy during the series, I'm good with it.

In terms of personnel, I actually think the supporting cast around Harden and Paul are a little better this season than last year. Unlike Anderson, Mbah a Moute and Joe Johnson, guys like Rivers, Faried and Shumpert are actually playable rotational guys in the postseason. And it might sound blasphemous to say, but House might actually be a little better than Arizaócertainly as an offensive player. All that being said, Paul hasn't quite been the same player this year as he was last year. But if he can be "2018 postseason Chris Paul" during these playoffs, this Rockets team should genuinely scare the rest of the league.

Edit: I'm trying not to look ahead, though. Last night's win was great, but they still have to win three more games against a very good Utah team. Losing on Wednesday would completely change the momentum, so their focus should be on winning Game 2.

It's okay to let out your inner feelings. I know you hate Utah. Go ahead and talk some trash. Guarantee the sweep.

tredigs
04-17-2019, 02:26 PM
Utah is a whole different team at home. I still think this could go 6.

mightybosstone
04-17-2019, 09:50 PM
Hell of a start. No easy baskets for Utah, and the Rockets doing pretty much whatever they want offensively. Such a bummer that Harden missed that 3-pointer. I don't know that I've ever seen a player's ankles broken as badly as Rubio's were on that play.

JAZZNC
04-17-2019, 09:53 PM
Chris Paul doesn't really even need to play this series. He and Harden should get plenty of rest haha.

JAZZNC
04-17-2019, 09:54 PM
In all honesty getting blown off the court might actually make our FO do something besides "bring the boys back" like they love doing.

Driven
04-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Houston is getting lucky that Utah is just bricking all of these open threes

JAZZNC
04-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Jazz are a joke tonight. Missing a TON of wide open shots. Turning it over left and right. Ugh.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2019, 10:30 PM
the mvp has just gone off again tonight for the rockets

Driven
04-17-2019, 10:42 PM
Houston has hit 9 more threes than Utah. Utah is shooting 18% from three, Houston is at 50%

mightybosstone
04-17-2019, 10:45 PM
What a first half by the Rockets, but I really, really am starting to get the sense that Harden is overcoming his postseason demons this year. After a stellar first game, all he's done is put up 25/7/7... IN THE FIRST HALF!!! Dude is unreal.

As a team, they were an insane 13/26 from the 3-point line in the half. In addition to Harden, Tucker and Gordon have shot lights out. Just need to play smart the rest of the way, keep being tenacious on defense and keep pushing the pace offensively. It'd be great if the starters could get some rest in the second half.

Driven
04-17-2019, 10:47 PM
Shaqís halftime analysis was turrble.

He also said that Joe Ingles isnít a shooter

tredigs
04-17-2019, 10:50 PM
Poor Utah, they're making it an annual tradition to get blown off the court by the Rockets. Not as if they're a good road team, but hopefully they don't phone in the series and at least take one at home.

tredigs
04-17-2019, 10:52 PM
MBT over here thinking you get over playoff demons in your 1st round home games against a weaker opponent. We'll see how he handles game 5 in Golden State and take it from there.

dhopisthename
04-17-2019, 10:58 PM
this series is over. just bad luck for the Jazz to play this team in the first round

Driven
04-17-2019, 11:09 PM
Rockets playing sloppy this quarter, letting Utah inch their way back

Driven
04-17-2019, 11:10 PM
Rubioís having a great game

tredigs
04-17-2019, 11:13 PM
Gobert looks unplayable out there.

Driven
04-17-2019, 11:19 PM
CP3 still playing scrappy up 25 late in the third

Bostonjorge
04-17-2019, 11:46 PM
Rockets looking like they can beat anyone

JAZZNC
04-18-2019, 07:07 AM
MBT over here thinking you get over playoff demons in your 1st round home games against a weaker opponent. We'll see how he handles game 5 in Golden State and take it from there.
LMAO! I thought the same thing.

WaDe03
04-18-2019, 08:49 AM
Would like to apologize to Wade for believing the Donovan Mitchell being the next Wade hype. I see a lot of Wad din Mitchell but heís nowhere near his greatness even in their early years. I am ashamed of myself.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 08:54 AM
Rockets mean business. This is one embarrassing performance by the Jazz. you would think they are all new to the playoffs. Really wanna see the Rockets get another shot at the Warriors to reach the finals.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 08:56 AM
Shaqís halftime analysis was turrble.

He also said that Joe Ingles isnít a shooter

you sure? I was half asleep watching but i recall him saying Ingles needs more shots bcuz he is a great shooter.

Driven
04-18-2019, 09:00 AM
you sure? I was half asleep watching but i recall him saying Ingles needs more shots bcuz he is a great shooter.

Yeah, Shaq was definitely saying how the Jazz should stop taking threes because they weren't hitting them. Kenny and Barkley both disagreed and said how they were wide open. Shaq then asked if Ingles was a shooter, Barkley said yes, and Shaq says that he's a guy that can shoot but he's not a shooter.

Dude is a career 40+ percent shooter from three lol.

Driven
04-18-2019, 09:03 AM
Rockets mean business. This is one embarrassing performance by the Jazz. you would think they are all new to the playoffs. Really wanna see the Rockets get another shot at the Warriors to reach the finals.

The Rockets look fresh. Guys like Tucker, House, Green and Gordon are shooting threes with confidence and energy. Rivers, Capela and Faried are hustling and playing physical D. Even Harden is putting in some sort of effort on the defensive end. Paul is energized and is kind of taking a different role than he had last year. Sweeping or beating the Jazz in 5 games is important to keep their energy levels high.

If the Rockets have anything, they have confidence going into a series against the Warriors. It's going to be an interesting series now that Cousins is out.

But let's see how Houston performs on the road.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 01:29 PM
i think the Jazz will get 1 at home but they just dont have a team capable of keeping with the Rockets pace and space.

JAZZNC
04-18-2019, 01:56 PM

Yeah the Jazz look like the worst team in the playoffs including the East. It's pitiful. I certainly didn't expect them to win the series but I didn't think that each game would be over by the 1st quarter. I mean the game last night was literally over after 6mins.

TheDish87
04-18-2019, 02:14 PM
hah yea expected more even in losing efforts. im glad they got me the first q and total game over at least. i didnt the over would stand a chance with a team not breaking 100

More-Than-Most
04-20-2019, 10:47 PM
wow this couldnt have started better for utah lol

Scoots
04-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Jazz title guaranteed

dhopisthename
04-20-2019, 11:02 PM
man if the Jazz could hit open 3's they could easily be up by 10

dhopisthename
04-20-2019, 11:18 PM
Jazz have to be like 0-7 on completely wide open 3's right now.

goingfor28
04-20-2019, 11:29 PM
These Jazz unis and court are awful. Hope they get swept just so I don't have to see them more than one more time after tonight.

Lakers + Giants
04-20-2019, 11:49 PM
CP3's decline is real, and this is what? His first year out of 4 on his new massive contract?

Lakers + Giants
04-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Houston down 5 with Harden shooting 0-10. Utah is ****ed. Harden literally can't play worse than that.

Driven
04-20-2019, 11:50 PM
Wow how bad was harden that half?

Driven
04-20-2019, 11:51 PM
CP3's decline is real, and this is what? His first year out of 4 on his new massive contract?

Definitely not the player he was last year, but I thought he played a real good half so Iím not sure what this is based on

zn23
04-20-2019, 11:51 PM
James Harden 0-10 with 6 points but the Jazz only up by 6...

tredigs
04-20-2019, 11:55 PM

Or just his 1st road game. 0-10 1st half. The MVP princess.

Luckily for him Houston is a juggernaut and unlucky to be down 5..

More-Than-Most
04-20-2019, 11:56 PM
Or just his 1st road game. 0-10 1st half. The MVP princess.

Luckily for him Houston is a juggernaut and unlucky to be down 5..

where were you the last 2 games??????????? OHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mvp cant always be great... Giannis team today won and were up like 90 with giannis tossing out 14/10 on 5/13 with 4 turnovers.

Lakers + Giants
04-20-2019, 11:58 PM
Definitely not the player he was last year, but I thought he played a real good half so Iím not sure what this is based on

Was saying it after how slow he looked pulling up for that 3 in front of Gobert. CP3 is the guy I would always see take advantage of the size mismatch and on this one he looked slow as hell, and Gobert rejected the hell out of his shot.

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:01 AM
Was saying it after how slow he looked pulling up for that 3 in front of Gobert. CP3 is the guy I would always see take advantage of the size mismatch and on this one he looked slow as hell, and Gobert rejected the hell out of his shot.

Gobert is playing top notch tonight, Shot clock was winding down and it was obvious he was going to shoot the ball when he did

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:04 AM
Jesus that was an awful half of basketball all around. But something tells me Harden doesn't go 0-10 in the second half. The fact that he did in the first half and they're only down by five points tells me Houston is still very much in this game. He needs to shake it off, D'Antoni needs to make some adjustments and they need to reassert their dominance in the second half.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:14 AM
Sloppy basketball right now on both ends. I'd complain about the officiating, but Doris Burke is absolutely right. Most of these fouls are 100% fouls.

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:18 AM
Harden needs to stop acting like a baby and step up as a leader. Itís clear that he is the problem tonight.

Utah has played well, but not great. Houston is in the game because Utah has been unable to pull away offensively

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 12:18 AM
man the Rockets are gifting the Jazz so many ft's and the Jazz can't hit them. Hardens probably about to drop 20 in the 4th and end this game.

Lakers + Giants
04-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Gobert is playing top notch tonight, Shot clock was winding down and it was obvious he was going to shoot the ball when he did

it was always obvious before, did the same thing and made it work. Although admittedly, Gobert is a better defender.

tredigs
04-21-2019, 12:24 AM
Harden 0-12 and they're tied on the road against a dominant home team, that's crazy.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:28 AM
That's a ****ing flagrant foul! How is that IN ANY WAY a basketball play?!?!

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:31 AM
Yeah, I take back everything I said about the officiating. The guy wrapped his arms around Harden and made zero attempt to get the actual ball. That's a Flagrant 1 by the very ****ing definition of the rule.

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I take back everything I said about the officiating. The guy wrapped his arms around Harden and made zero attempt to get the actual ball. That's a Flagrant 1 by the very ****ing definition of the rule.

Iím surprised they didnít call a flagrant 1, but Iím glad they didnít. It looked like a common foul to me. I disagree that he didnít make an initial attempt towards the ball.

Play looked worse in real speed

dhopisthename
when the Jazz lose this game they are going to look at all the wide open shots and ft's they missed and know exactly why they lost. They have had some horrendous turnovers as well.

tredigs
Harden 0-14 and they are up. I want his 2017 MVP officially rescinded if he goes 0-20 and they win.

Ties his own NBA history playoff record at 0-14 :laugh: Amazing.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 12:37 AM
Iím surprised they didnít call a flagrant 1, but Iím glad they didnít. It looked like a common foul to me. I disagree that he didnít make an initial attempt towards the ball.

I thought it was close, but I thought he was trying to just slow him down, but Harden didn't slow down.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 12:38 AM
thats a flop on Korver

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:38 AM
What? Favors blocked that House dunk!?!? What is happening with the officiating in this quarter?

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:39 AM
Chris Paul with 5 fouls in the third now. Harden with four.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:40 AM
Yeah, now I DEFINITELY take back everything I said about the officiating. I'm not seeing it right now. At all.

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Lol Rubio and Paul both flopped on the same play and in the same way

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Yeah, now I DEFINITELY take back everything I said about the officiating. I'm not seeing it right now. At all.

Officiating has been fine

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 12:44 AM
that was two horrendous turnovers by Rubio

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:45 AM
that was two horrendous turnovers by Rubio

Feel like both teams are just not hitting the free throws they should be hitting and have had way too many bad turnovers. No flow to this game. Neither team can go on anything more than a 5-0 run

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:46 AM
Officiating has been fine

Yeah, again, we can agree to disagree.

If the Rockets lose this game, it won't be because of the officiating. But I definitely feel like the Jazz got the beneficiary of a lot of 50-50 plays in that quarter that went their way. There was a stretch of about three plays over a 5-6 possession stretch that were just infuriating.

But I'm not going to blame a loss tonight on the refs. Houston has done enough to lose this game themselves.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 12:50 AM
man if you had never seen oneal before you would think he is a horrible 3pt shooter when he shot 38% this year from 3.

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 12:51 AM
lol alright this is nuts... 0-15

tredigs
04-21-2019, 12:52 AM
The Free Throw King. His legacy.

More-Than-Most
still though 10 points 9 assists and 6 steals.

Driven
Game flow is picking up

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:54 AM
still though 10 points 9 assists and 6 steals.

He has the steals but his defense has been lacking because he canít be physical due to the foul trouble. But he has made a few nice steals that led to points. Offensively heís still reading the court well and dishing the ball, he just lacks all confidence in his shot

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Made a basket! Halle****inglujah!

tredigs
04-21-2019, 12:55 AM
Harden will go "OFF" and go 5 -23 after that dunk.

This is hilarious though.

And MTM you're a clown. Always and forever.

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 12:57 AM
Harden will go "OFF" and go 5 -23 after that dunk.

This is hilarious though.

And MTM you're a clown. Always and forever.

did ya see what jojo said? 3-1 isnt a place he is happy about being because a couple of years ago there was a team that blew a 3-1 lead : )

Driven
04-21-2019, 12:58 AM
Deep step back three

dhopisthename
welp thats probably game. Knew harden wouldn't keep missing them and we are still down.

More-Than-Most
wow harden what ya doing bruh... that deserves a benching lol

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 01:00 AM
damn talk about unprofessional lol... espn announcer- Rockets arent complaining for a change xD

tredigs
04-21-2019, 01:00 AM
did ya see what jojo said? 3-1 isnt a place he is happy about being because a couple of years ago there was a team that blew a 3-1 lead : )

The Thunder? Embiid is the village idiot to the Warriors (might be giving him too much credit), in case that's not obvious.

aman_13
04-21-2019, 01:01 AM
damn talk about unprofessional lol... espn announcer- Rockets arent complaining for a change xDIt's an astute observation actually.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Driven
04-21-2019, 01:01 AM
Man Gordon makes a lot of bad passes in untimely situations

Driven
04-21-2019, 01:02 AM
Doris Burke has been complaining how both teams wonít stop arguing calls all game

More-Than-Most
Doris Burke has been complaining how both teams wonít stop arguing calls all game

lol it was the dude that is why its shocking/.

Driven
lol it was the dude that is why its shocking/.

Oh haha

tredigs
04-21-2019, 01:03 AM

She's right. And she's smart. It's refreshing imo.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 01:03 AM
I rarely see a game where both teams aren't just whining about every little call. its so old. wouldn't mind seeing that get checked up a little next year.

tredigs
04-21-2019, 01:06 AM
Imagine liking James Harden

aman_13
04-21-2019, 01:08 AM
What is Mitchell doing out there?

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 01:09 AM
What is Mitchell doing out there?

him and harden are seeing who can cost their team more 2nite lol

aman_13
04-21-2019, 01:10 AM
him and harden are seeing who can cost their team more 2nite lolHa no kidding!

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 01:12 AM
wow that call

Driven
04-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Holy **** Mitchell is 8-25 from the field? He was so efficient in the first half

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 01:14 AM
she is right that was the right call... i just wish they would call it late like this often...normally fouls arent fouls in close games with under 2 minutes

zn23
04-21-2019, 01:14 AM
What kind of terrible defense by Rubio is that? Is that some matador defense where you give Harden the lane.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 01:15 AM
What kind of terrible defense by Rubio is that? Is that some matador defense where you give Harden the lane.

its the new defense where you don't let him take take stepback 3's. it works as long as Gobert doesn't keep fouling.

Lakers + Giants
04-21-2019, 01:15 AM
she is right that was the right call... i just wish they would call it late like this often...normally fouls arent fouls in close games with under 2 minutes

Not a Harden fan, but that was the right call even if it was late. I'd rather the right call be made, but yes, preferably on time.

More-Than-Most
04-21-2019, 01:16 AM
Not a Harden fan, but that was the right call even if it was late. I'd rather the right call be made, but yes, preferably on time.

i meant late in the game/quarter. they let **** go from like 2 minutes on in the 4th way to much lol

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 01:17 AM
Ingles has been horrible tonight. just gave up the offensive rebound.

zn23
Joe Ingles has to box out there. Huge rebound by Tucker.

mightybosstone

I don't get what he's been doing on Harden all series long. I loathe Royce O'Neal, but that guy legitimately bothers the crap out of Harden. Rubio just can't defend the guy.

Driven
04-21-2019, 01:18 AM
3 point game. One last shot for Utah

zn23
04-21-2019, 01:19 AM
Gobert has badly mistimed his jumps on those blocks. Just a half second early and he can get that block.

bleedprple&gold
04-21-2019, 01:19 AM
Not a Harden fan, but that was the right call even if it was late. I'd rather the right call be made, but yes, preferably on time.He also smacked Gobert in the face so it easily could have been an offensive foul. Both guys fouled so they should offset each other meaning it should have been a no call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

aman_13
04-21-2019, 01:21 AM
Harden has 20 plus points in a game he is 3 for 20.

You can't get a better look than that. Mitch had his chance.

dhopisthename
man Jazz had so many chances in this game. get a wide open 3 for Mitchell and he just can't hit it. lets see if the Jazz have any fight in game 4

Driven
Lol wide open three by Mitchell. Capela didnít have a very good game tonight

zn23
Wow, he was wide open.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 01:22 AM
I can't wait to see how many wide open 3's the Jazz had this game and the percentage of those that go in. I feel like its going to be in the teens.

zn23
04-21-2019, 01:23 AM
Jazz shot themselves in the foot. They should've won this game.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 01:23 AM
Wow. The Rockets completely screwed the pooch on that defensive possession and Mitchell completely clanked the wide open look. You couldn't get a look that wide open to tie a game if you tried 20 more times. I'm glad to get the win, but the Rockets are very, very lucky to be taking the 3-0 lead. That was awful.

c.c.
04-21-2019, 01:26 AM
Iíll take a ugly win over a ugly loss any day

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 01:26 AM
He also smacked Gobert in the face so it easily could have been an offensive foul. Both guys fouled so they should offset each other meaning it should have been a no call.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Huh? Gobert jumped outward at Harden as Harden went up to take the shot and made contact. Any contact to Gobert's eye was incidental, but that's a textbook foul on a player going up to take a shot at the rim.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 01:28 AM
Iíll take a ugly win over a ugly loss any day

Yeah, I don't feel remotely good about this win. Like I almost feel neutral, if that's possible. But if they had lost this game, I'm fairly certain I'd feel a hell of a lot worse. An ugly win is still a win, but if they play like this against Golden State, that will be a very short series. Hell, if they play like that again against Utah in a couple of nights, they're almost certainly going to need to go back home for Game 5.

tredigs
04-21-2019, 01:29 AM
Rockets winning on the road with Harden shooting like the worst player in the world should scare everyone.

Except for Golden State. We welcome playoff Harden.

aman_13
04-21-2019, 01:33 AM
Iíll take a ugly win over a ugly loss any dayThis. A win is a win in the playoffs.

mightybosstone
04-21-2019, 01:39 AM
One last thing I'll say tonight, but as awful as Harden was from the floor tonight, this was not the playoff Harden of old. I've seen him sometimes crumble in some playoff games where he's off like this where he's not making a positive impact on the floor and he might as well be on the bench.

But despite going 0-14 entering the 4th, he was pretty freaking good in that last period. He put up 14 points with 3 assists on 3/6 shooting and 6/6 from the line in the quarter. Considering how off he looked for three quarters, that seems pretty remarkable to me. He just kept shooting, and he didn't let it stop him from positively impacting the game. He still ended the night with 22/10/4/6/1 and the second highest plus-minus of any Rocket.

That's what he's going to have to do to shake that playoff failure label. But it would certainly help if he had a lot fewer 3/20 nights...

LakerClipperFan
04-21-2019, 02:50 AM
Rockets will be fresh for the Warriors! Going to be interesting.

tredigs
04-21-2019, 03:28 AM
Rockets will be fresh for the Warriors! Going to be interesting.

Saw everything I needed to already. Harden is still Harden. And Curry still owns him. Give me the Dubs.

tredigs
04-21-2019, 03:36 AM
What a first half by the Rockets, but I really, really am starting to get the sense that Harden is overcoming his postseason demons this year

:laugh:

goingfor28
04-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Imagine liking James HardenImagine liking Stef/KD

Driven
04-21-2019, 09:46 AM

Imagine having this hair

tredigs
04-21-2019, 02:44 PM

Imagine having this hair

This is how I imagine MTM.

Saddletramp
04-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Imagine liking Stef/KD

Imagine knowing Tre in real life.

dhopisthename
04-21-2019, 04:54 PM
I can't wait to see how many wide open 3's the Jazz had this game and the percentage of those that go in. I feel like its going to be in the teens.

Driven
04-21-2019, 08:26 PM

They probably missed even more in Game 2

Wes Mantooth
04-22-2019, 11:14 AM
Too many fans have been critical of Coach Snyder. The Jazz have had more wide open shots than any other team in the playoffs. The gameplan is working, they are just not hitting wide open shots. Secondly, the defensive gameplan was brilliant in game 3. It worked, we just missed 27 three pointers. It would have worked in the first two games if the players gave more of an effort. Those missed shots also keep us from getting back and setting up the defense. Jazz have a great coach. We just need more talent to compete with the NBA's best.

Houston deserves the credit. They have built a great team around Harden. Houston just has a more talented roster than we do. I could easily argue Austin Rivers is better than Rubio.

mightybosstone
04-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Everyone has focused so much on Utah's shooting woes, but there's one area that also really stands out to me as unusual about this series: the boards. In the regular season, Utah was fifth in the league in rebound differential, and the Rockets were a dismal 27th. I'd go so far as to say rebounding was Houston's biggest weakness all season long. But the Rockets have consistently outrebounded Utah throughout the series, and Utah is averaging fewer offensive rebounds (9.4) than Houston allowed on average this season (11.0).

Given Utah's edge in size with Gobert and Favors often playing on the floor together, I was really worried about Houston getting outmuscled on the glass. But that just hasn't been the case at all. Frankly, given the size advantage of being able to play those two guys together, I feel like Utah hasn't taken advantage of that in the paint offensively enough either.

dhopisthename
04-22-2019, 01:58 PM
to be fair they got 15 in game 2, but the defense got smoked. then in game 3 if you just box out rudy we aren't getting offensive boards with just him out there.

JAZZNC
04-22-2019, 10:54 PM
And the Jazz looking like crap to start the game.

Bostonjorge
04-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Crowder is taking over

JAZZNC
04-22-2019, 10:55 PM
Jae the only one who came ready to play.

JAZZNC
04-22-2019, 11:28 PM
CP3 just punked O'Neal with that spin move.

JAZZNC
04-22-2019, 11:29 PM
Awful turnovers

Bostonjorge
04-22-2019, 11:41 PM
Crowder getting Jazz a game

JAZZNC
04-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Garbage call on Rubio there

mightybosstone
04-23-2019, 12:49 AM
This is one of the worst games I've ever seen Capela play. He needs to get sat the rest of the way. Absolute garbage.

Bostonjorge
04-23-2019, 12:49 AM
Mitchell is on fire.

mightybosstone
04-23-2019, 12:50 AM
Can't believe how flat they came out this quarter. They just look totally uninterested in closing out this series

Bostonjorge
04-23-2019, 12:51 AM
This is one of the worst games I've ever seen Capela play. He needs to get sat the rest of the way. Absolute garbage.

Gobert straight punked Capela and his weak dunk attempt

JAZZNC
04-23-2019, 12:55 AM
There's your MVP folks!

mightybosstone
04-23-2019, 12:58 AM
There's your MVP folks!
:confused: Dude clearly misstepped there for a minute and fell down shooting the layup. Travel was the right call, but that's hardly a laughable play.

JAZZNC
04-23-2019, 01:00 AM
Chris Paul is having a good game and Tucker has been great! Kinda guy every team wishes they had.

JAZZNC
04-23-2019, 01:06 AM
Mitchell's a little to excited to not get swept.

Bostonjorge
04-23-2019, 01:08 AM
Jazz made the adjustment with not haveing Gobert and Favors playing together. They both played great and Jazz had a great C the whole game.

mightybosstone
04-23-2019, 01:13 AM
I called it a few hours ago. The Rockets got absolutely dominated in the paint and on the glass tonight. They were outscored 52-22 on points in the paint, and they were outrebounded 52-35. I put it on the whole team, and they just got flat out destroyed in the fourth quarter tonight, but so much of this is on Capela. He must be sick or something, because his eyes were bloodshot the entire game, and he just looked out of it. But he was getting abused all night long, he couldn't get a rebound to save his life and he was just absolutely blanking on lobs he normally finishes 9 nights out of 10.

Good game, Utah. You guys came up big when it mattered most, and you forced a trip back to Houston. The Rockets need to get some rest, get well and get back into the mindset that let them dominate the Jazz at home the first two games. Because if they play like they did the last two games, they're coming back here to Utah for Game 6.

LaVar Ball
04-23-2019, 01:14 AM
I called it a few hours ago. The Rockets got absolutely dominated in the paint and on the glass tonight. They were outscored 52-22 on points in the paint, and they were outrebounded 52-35. I put it on the whole team, and they just got flat out destroyed in the fourth quarter tonight, but so much of this is on Capela. He must be sick or something, because his eyes were bloodshot the entire game, and he just looked out of it. But he was getting abused all night long, he couldn't get a rebound to save his life and he was just absolutely blanking on lobs he normally finishes 9 nights out of 10.

Good game, Utah. You guys came up big when it mattered most, and you forced a trip back to Houston. The Rockets need to get some rest, get well and get back into the mindset that let them dominate the Jazz at home the first two games. Because if they play like they did the last two games, they're coming back here to Utah for Game 6.

lmao calm the fook down. Jazz had pride and didn't wanna get swept. That's all there's to it.

Rockets wrap it up next game.

mightybosstone
04-23-2019, 01:15 AM
Unrelated, but I'm so ****ing sick and tired of these late games. It's one thing to have your team lose a playoff game, but it's another thing to have to stay up until ****ing 12:15 on a work night only to have your team lose a playoff game. I'm going to be exhausted for work tomorrow, and it's going to take me forever to fall asleep after that abortion of a fourth quarter.

The NBA needs to stagger which teams play the late night game. Period.

tredigs
04-23-2019, 01:15 AM
Harden and Capela sucked tonight. Harden accounting for more than half his teams turnovers and never able to get it going despite the somewhat rare elite 3pt shooting night. I actually was still convinced the Jazz would lose at halftime unless Mitchell could get it going. And, he got it going. Best player on the court in the 4th. Good for the Jazz. Big win for the Warriors sending Houston back home and giving them no rest advantage (actually negative rest advantage as they're not HCA).

tredigs
04-23-2019, 01:54 AM
Unrelated, but I'm so ****ing sick and tired of these late games. It's one thing to have your team lose a playoff game, but it's another thing to have to stay up until ****ing 12:15 on a work night only to have your team lose a playoff game. I'm going to be exhausted for work tomorrow, and it's going to take me forever to fall asleep after that abortion of a fourth quarter.

The NBA needs to stagger which teams play the late night game. Period.

If the Eastern time zone team played the late game they would finish 2-3 hours later than that for the East coast (for Central 1 in this case). Think more, type less.

zn23
04-23-2019, 02:15 AM
Clint Capela should never be an all-star. The guy just catches lobs and is only a role player at best. He was a complete disaster today and couldn't even finish the lobs he got.

You put him on a team where he has to be the main guy and he'll get ruthlessly exposed. He's benefiting greatly from playing with Harden and Paul.

messi0826
04-23-2019, 05:09 AM
Mitchell played very well in the fourth quarter today, and the future of the league needs people like them!

Htownballa1622
04-23-2019, 09:43 AM
This is going to be hard for people to understand because two things can be true but here goes.

Tony Brothers reffing this game was a complete set up by the league. I'm more convinced than ever that refs have too much influence on games and i'm not sure if it's rogue refs, or if it's sent out from the top down. I'm not going to say it's rigged, but there's a reason the game started how it did(besides hot shooting from Crowder). I watched Rockets get hammered on drives and no whistle to ticky tack fouls called on them the other way. Utah had shot 8 more fts and had like 9 more calls in their favor by halftime.

Examples.... BS travel call on Gordon by Brothers. Harden then drives in and gets forearm to body by Gobert which causes him to shoot short. No call. Ball kicks out on back of Jazz player's foot. Jazz ball. Mitchell falls down and loses ball and Brothers calls foul on rivers from the other side of the court.

THEN Morey tweeted this....1120526769625403392
He knows what's up and I can't wait to see if he's fined. It's pathetic because I saw it last year in game 7 of wcf too.

NOW, let me say this. Rockets went up by 4 despite shotty calls and from then on, they were outplayed by Jazz ESPECIALLY in 4th when Mitchell went nuts. So, did Utah deserve to win? Sure, they outplayed Houston BUT that doesn't mean that refs didn't influence the beginning of the game. I'm more convinced than ever. Refs don't win or lose the games for any team but they influence the flow and from there one team takes over or the other team overcomes it regardless.

Scoots
04-23-2019, 10:13 AM
The officials are deciding series, or keeping them going. This game and the Warriors/Clippers game 2 were dramatically changed by the calls early in the games. The Pistons/Bucks series was dominated by the refs.

Nothing we can do about it but hope the NBA cleans it up and gets consistent somehow.

Scoots
04-23-2019, 04:47 PM
I like that Harden is taking advantage of "playoff officials" by being more aggressive with his pushing off to get space. It's like they need to surround him with 4 tall defenders when he gets the ball and not let him move and have the one remaining player try to defend the other 4.

ewing
04-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Mitchell's a little to excited to not get swept.

Hey what are your thought on Grayson after a season? I was he had a 40 point game the last week of the season

Bostonjorge
04-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Seeing Magic and Nets get destroyed reminded me of the Jazz. Jazz made a adjustment and it resulted in a win. Magic and Nets played the same way every game and getting destroyed on a elimination game.

Jazz starting Crowder and having Gobert and Favors rotate with each other all game. Something different that resulted in a win. Now Rockets have to adjust.

The way they are guarding Harden by almost standing behind him is ridiculous. Harden still finding a way to side step and hit that 3 is just as ridiculous. Harden is a amazing scorer.

zn23
04-23-2019, 08:57 PM
Seeing Magic and Nets get destroyed reminded me of the Jazz. Jazz made a adjustment and it resulted in a win. Magic and Nets played the same way every game and getting destroyed on a elimination game.

Jazz starting Crowder and having Gobert and Favors rotate with each other all game. Something different that resulted in a win. Now Rockets have to adjust.

The way they are guarding Harden by almost standing behind him is ridiculous. Harden still finding a way to side step and hit that 3 is just as ridiculous. Harden is a amazing scorer.

tbf, Jazz have a better team than both.

dhopisthename
04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
yeah you can't really compare a 50 win team in the west to those 42 win teams in the east.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 10:03 AM

Crowder started in Game 3, though, so you can't give them too much credit for doing the same thing in Game 4 (although Game 3 was obviously much closer as well). I actually give them more credit for how they've defended Harden the last two games.

They still have been trying to stick to his left side more, but they've done a much better job of defending against the pass when Harden drives and looks to dish. The easy lobs to Capela and Faried were less apparent in those games, and there were fewer open shooters for Harden to find as perimeter defenders have done a better job of staying home, which has forced Harden to put up some ugly floaters and has led to a lot of easily blocked shots.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 04:20 PM
Just saw this: https://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-hoping-center-Clint-Capela-on-mend-virus-13789651.php?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow

Looks like I was right about Capela's bloodshot eyes and lack of energy last game. I'm just hoping he's closer to 100 percent tonight and can play like he had the rest of the series. If he plays like he did the other night, there's a strong chance this series is going back to Utah.

Driven
04-24-2019, 08:46 PM
Here we go again with Harden

Driven
04-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Tucker playing defense like heís a cornerback in the nfl. Just stripping the ball whenever he gets the chance. Heís been great so far on d tonight

Driven
04-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Playoff Harden baby! Gotta love it

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Man, Harden well on his way to another one of his patented pants shitters.

Driven
04-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Rockets do a real good job at taking the 2 for 1 at the end of quarters. Rockets end hot going into the half.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 09:16 PM
Well, the Rockets just played one of the worst halves of basketball I've seen them play all season long, they have fewer free throw attempts (including zero from Harden) and they're still up by four points. So I feel pretty good about their chances, but they have GOT to show more energy in the second half and build on this momentum in the second half.

I was about ready to give up on Harden, but he keeps doing just enough to keep my trust. He's still playing garbage right now, though, and it's got to stop if they're going to close out this series tonight.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 09:21 PM

When he missed that dunk...

Driven
04-24-2019, 09:23 PM
He just loses all confidence shooting the ball when heís in a funk like that. Game 3 the foul trouble compounded things. Luckily his game has developed to the point where he can be effective in other ways

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 09:25 PM
He just loses all confidence shooting the ball when heís in a funk like that. Game 3 the foul trouble compounded things. Luckily his game has developed to the point where he can be effective in other ways

The crazy thing is that they're +10 with him on the floor tonight despite the awful start. Even when he's bricking everything and looks lost, they're just a much, much better team with him on the floor.

dhopisthename
04-24-2019, 09:31 PM
this run by the rockets is probably the Nail clincher for the Jazz. They just can't do anything on offense. Hopefully it at least wakes the front office up to getting Mitchell help.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:32 PM
The crazy thing is that they're +10 with him on the floor tonight despite the awful start. Even when he's bricking everything and looks lost, they're just a much, much better team with him on the floor.

For sure, yes still gonna get the guys some open looks but if he plays even close to this bad against the Warriors they're down 10+pts at the half. Plus they have even better defenders to throw at him.

I also would like to point out to the idiots claiming Harden was carrying "trash" all year (MTM) this team is full of solid players. Tucker is hugely underrated.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:34 PM
Jazz have to be one of the worst offensive teams I've ever seen.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Wow, Oneal....what the **** was that?

dhopisthename
04-24-2019, 09:44 PM
man Mitchell has been trash tonight. he has to hit like 8 straight shots just to get to respectable.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:52 PM
man Mitchell has been trash tonight. he has to hit like 8 straight shots just to get to respectable.
How badly are the Warriors gonna murder the Rockets? We're shooting 34% and still only down 6.

And yes, Mitchell has been complete garbage.

dhopisthename
04-24-2019, 09:52 PM
man its #1 just missing a ton of shots, but its also the little things like not rotating correctly or boxing out for the rebound that is just killing the Jazz. The Rockets got far too many wide open 3's this quarter.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 09:53 PM
Utah hanging around. I don't like it. The Rockets could have put this thing away in that quarter, but they just kept letting the Jazz back in it. They need to come out guns blazing this last period. A repeat of the fourth quarter from two nights ago, and they're going back to Salt Lake City.

dhopisthename
04-24-2019, 09:54 PM
How badly are the Warriors gonna murder the Rockets? We're shooting 34% and still only down 6.

the Jazz are also playing some incredible defense till they slipped a little this quarter. The warriors aren't going to be able to replicate the Jazz defensive scheme. They dont' have the shot blocker in to intimate James.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 09:57 PM
the Jazz are also playing some incredible defense till they slipped a little this quarter. The warriors aren't going to be able to replicate the Jazz defensive scheme. They dont' have the shot blocker in to intimate James.

They have a 7' elite wing to throw at him in addition to Klay. I don't think they have to replicate the scheme to be just as effective

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:00 PM

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 10:00 PM
i know DMitch went off last game but with how harden is playing this series the jazz might have won with any other top 50 player besides mitch in this series..... he has just been awful

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 10:01 PM

harden hasnt been anywhere near himself though and the utah jazz defense inside is maybe the best in basketball which the warriors lack.

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:02 PM
I agree that Utah having Gobert makes a big difference for Harden. Warriors donít have a rim protector

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Rubio playing very well tonight

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Chris Paul has his mid range game working

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 10:03 PM
Jazz gonna be kicking themselves all summer long for letting Game 3 get away.

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 10:04 PM
Jazz gonna be kicking themselves all summer long for letting Game 3 get away.

and this game as well if they lose it.... if mitch shoots 40pct tonight you guys probably have a good lead.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 10:05 PM
harden hasnt been anywhere near himself though and the utah jazz defense inside is maybe the best in basketball which the warriors lack.

He is absolutely himself come playoff time. This is quite literally the norm. And like I already said GS may not have the rim protection but they have a 7' guy that can stick with him the entire time. IMO that will bother him just as much as Rudy/Favors.

JAZZNC
04-24-2019, 10:06 PM
and this game as well if they lose it.... if mitch shoots 40pct tonight you guys probably have a good lead.
Absolutely! Mitchell has been awful. They took the lead without him.

mightybosstone
04-24-2019, 10:06 PM
God I love Chris Paul. The dude has been garbage all game and out of the blue hits two huge shots to put them up by two shots. I know everybody thinks the Rockets overpaid him this offseason (they did, but they had to), but it has truly been a pleasure watching him play in a Rockets uniform.

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:07 PM
For sure, yes still gonna get the guys some open looks but if he plays even close to this bad against the Warriors they're down 10+pts at the half. Plus they have even better defenders to throw at him.

I also would like to point out to the idiots claiming Harden was carrying "trash" all year (MTM) this team is full of solid players. Tucker is hugely underrated.

To be fair, when Harden was truly carrying this team midseason, the supporting cast was trash. Always a combination of Paul, Capela and Gordon out. Danuel House was on and off the roster. Faried was added midseason.

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:07 PM
Royce OíNeal and Rubio Tonight man

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:08 PM
Capela looking good tonight

More-Than-Most
04-24-2019, 10:10 PM
i just hate that mentality so much... just keep shooting ya know... its stupid... it worked for kobe because the game was different and the talent he had at the time was insane.... shooting 3-17 and thinking ima keep shooting doesnt help anything... find the open look/drive etc etc etc.... i hate that type of basketball

Driven
04-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Gordon is a horrible decision maker. When he drives to the basket I cringe every time