PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs - every series, predictions?

Tg11
04-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Let's talk playoffs y'all...what match ups do you all wanna see in the first round in the East and West?

Rivera
04-02-2019, 10:35 AM
eastern conference? I guess Boston v Indy to see which Boston team shows up. Maybe if Brooklyn can move up a spot, and we get Brooklyn v Philly, I could see that being really fun. Brooklyn is a better matchup against Philly than Toronto. If Orlando could sneak in, they have the height to bother the Bucks and maybe steal a game against them.

Honestly, I just want to get to the 2nd round in the east that is where all the fun starts. Potentially Bucks v C's Raptors v 76ers. SIGN ME UP!

west is still too early to determine. Right now its 1 GSW v 8 OKC! Damn! It may only be a 5 game series but the drama is just to interesting. Clipps v Blazers, Rockets v Jazz! All the west looks juicy except Den v SAS. Denver should roll for the most part.

but there is still some shuffling in the west to be done

Tg11
04-02-2019, 10:43 AM
GSW vs OKC for the simple reasoning of Westbrook vs KD in the 1st round

Cal827
04-02-2019, 10:50 AM
I'd be interested to see either Toronto/Brooklyn or Toronto/Detroit... Brooklyn/New Jersey because we've lost both times to them we met in the playoffs :laugh2:

Detroit mainly though. The Pistons are the only team that swept the Raptors in the East this season, and Dwayne Casey vs Nick Nurse (Supposedly they didn't end on good terms exactly when Casey was fired). It would also be interesting to see if Nurse actually deserved to be given the head coach position, or Ujiri made a big mistake not looking for a more playoff hardened coach for the position.

jeverd
04-02-2019, 12:34 PM
If okc is 8th that will be rlly fun to watch them against GSW. This is a sick graphic of the playoff standing
https://staging.teamxapp.com/p/O6NyV?utm_source=Forum%20%20-%20Pro%20Sports&utm_campaign=Forum

Driven
04-02-2019, 01:00 PM
In the West Iíd like:

GSW vs OKC
DEN vs UTA
HOU vs LAC
POR vs SAS

I guess Portland would have to grab the two seed for this to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tg11
04-02-2019, 01:54 PM
In the East I wanna see

Bucks vs Heat
Raptors vs Nets
Sixers vs Pistons
Pacers vs Celtics

mnatiq
04-02-2019, 05:00 PM
76ers so overrated. Want the raps to somehow end up playing them and ending them in 5.

Bostonjorge
04-02-2019, 05:16 PM
I can see Clippers taking down the Blazers. Beverly and Bradley can lock up Dam and C.J.

AlexDenholm
04-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Do you think the beef has quashed a little? Almost seemed amicable during All-Star weekend

Tg11
04-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Playoff Matches are set

Bucks vs Pistons
Raptors vs Magic
76ers vs Nets
Celtics vs Pacers

Warriors vs Clippers
Nuggets vs Spurs
Trail Blazers vs Thunder
Rockets vs Jazz

IndyRealist
04-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Love that the East has up an coming teams in the playoffs, not the same retreads. It's be great if the Magic or Nets could make it competitive.

Tg11
04-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Raptors taking on the Magic...if they can't even beat Orlando I will laugh

Lil Rhody
04-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Is it bad that I want a 7 game series so game 7 is on my birthday in Boston and I wanna go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tg11
04-11-2019, 03:28 PM
I think Celtics/Pacers also goes 7 games

Scoots
04-11-2019, 04:07 PM
This season has been too inconsistent for me to predict anything. I think the officiating is going to be a major factor in several series.

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Playoff Matches are set

Bucks vs Pistons
Raptors vs Magic
76ers vs Nets
Celtics vs Pacers

Warriors vs Clippers
Nuggets vs Spurs
Trail Blazers vs Thunder
Rockets vs Jazz

Bucks in 4
Raptors in 5
76ers in 5
Celtics in 6
Warriors in 4
Spurs in 6
OKC in 7
Rockets in 5

Bucks in 5
Toronto in 6
Warriors in 7
Thunder in 6

Warriors in 5
Toronto in 6

Warriors over Toronto in 5

IndyRealist
04-11-2019, 08:09 PM
I think Celtics/Pacers also goes 7 games

Pacers look terrible down the stretch. I think they tried too hard to hold on to 3rd and burned out.

zn23
04-11-2019, 09:47 PM
The only matchup I'm interested in the East is the Raps vs. Magic game personally. Is it going to be competitive? No. Raps should win in 4 and could probably win with only their bench unit. But I have a feeling only those invested in the top 4 teams in the East are going to care otherwise It's predictable.

The West is interesting. Denver has upset written all over them, 5-6 in their last 11 basically running on fumes. Spurs have more experience. Series split at 2-2. That's an interesting one.

Clippers vs. Warriors is a wash.

Rockets vs. Jazz is a great matchup. Thunder should beat the injured Blazers in 5-6.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2019, 12:35 AM
I'm psyched for the playoffs to be starting, watched the NBA TV guys talk about each one. Didn't see the typical series threads and looked it up, these games start tomorrow, y'all!

https://stats.nba.com/playoffpicture/

Who you picking for each match-up? We got some interesting battles, IMO.

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Bucks (1) v. Pistons (8)
Celtics (4) v. Pacers (5)
76ers (3) v. Nets (6)
Raptors (2) v. Magic (7)

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Warriors (1) v. Clippers (8)
Rockets (4) v. Jazz (5)
Trail Blazers (3) v. Thunder (6)
Nuggets (2) v. Spurs (7)

If you feeling bold, predict the whole shebang, key factors to win series, etc.

I'mma go with:

Bucks in 5 (glad the Pistons made it though)
Raptors in 4 (don't know much about the Magic honestly, like Toronto a lot)
Sixers in 6 (I hope the Nets make it fun, would love to see Embiid dominate)
Celtics in 6 (If Oladipo was game, I'd almost give it to the Pacers, but Kyrie)

Warriors in 4 (maybe Clippers lose a close one here or there)
Spurs in 6 (never bet against Coach Pop...very intrigued for this one)
Trail Blazers in 6 (Unpredictable OKC...doubt they turn it around, not high on Portland either)
Rockets in 7 (probably the worst match-up they could get, heard they'll face Warriors in rnd2)

WC Second Round:
Warriors in 5 (Rockets just haven't had it this year, other than Harden's greatness...)
Spurs in 6 (Just don't believe in the Blazers w/o Nurkic and Spurs defense on the guards)

WC Finals:
Warriors in 5

EASTERN CONFERENCE Second Round

Bucks in 6 games (Celtics need to retool that roster)
Raptors in 5 games (Would be an exciting series)

EC Finals:
Bucks in 7 (honestly, could go either way w/Kawhi, but Giannis is on a mission)

Finals:
Warriors in 7 games (would love that series)

Tg11
04-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Bucks in 5 games
Raptors in 6 games
Sixers in 5 games
Celtics in 7 games

Warriors in 4 games
Spurs in 6 games
Thunder in 7 games
Rockets in 6 games

2nd Round (EC/WC)

Bucks beat Celtics in 7 games
Raptors beat Sixers in 6 games

Rockets upset Warriors in 7 games
Thunder beat Spurs in 6 games

3rd Round (ECF/WCF)

Bucks beat Raptors in 7 games
Rockets beat Thunder in 6 games

2019 NBA Finals

Bucks vs Rockets= 2019 NBA World Champions Houston Rockets (beat Bucks in 6 games)

kdspurman
04-12-2019, 10:46 AM
eastern conference? I guess Boston v Indy to see which Boston team shows up. Maybe if Brooklyn can move up a spot, and we get Brooklyn v Philly, I could see that being really fun. Brooklyn is a better matchup against Philly than Toronto. If Orlando could sneak in, they have the height to bother the Bucks and maybe steal a game against them.

Honestly, I just want to get to the 2nd round in the east that is where all the fun starts. Potentially Bucks v C's Raptors v 76ers. SIGN ME UP!

west is still too early to determine. Right now its 1 GSW v 8 OKC! Damn! It may only be a 5 game series but the drama is just to interesting. Clipps v Blazers, Rockets v Jazz! All the west looks juicy except Den v SAS. Denver should roll for the most part.

but there is still some shuffling in the west to be done

:o

IndyRealist
04-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Can we appreciate that the Spurs are still in the playoffs despite Kawhi doing Kawhi things, and not even 8th seed? That organizations is remarkable.

Tg11
04-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Can we appreciate that the Spurs are still in the playoffs despite Kawhi doing Kawhi things, and not even 8th seed? That organizations is remarkable.

Yeah man it helps that they have Pop as their coach and the man essentially is the GM...they draft well and they are more of a defensive team but can actually play well on offense on well

Scoots
04-12-2019, 05:42 PM

Yeah ... Pop really matters ... I wonder who takes over for him?

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Yeah ... Pop really matters ... I wonder who takes over for him?I think Messina is the obvious pick. People have lauded Udoka also, and everybody likes Becky.

Lil Rhody
04-13-2019, 09:50 PM
Great action on day one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ohreally
04-13-2019, 10:26 PM
The only matchup I'm interested in the East is the Raps vs. Magic game personally. Is it going to be competitive? No. Raps should win in 4 and could probably win with only their bench unit. But I have a feeling only those invested in the top 4 teams in the East are going to care otherwise It's predictable.

ahem...

Scoots
04-13-2019, 11:36 PM
Looking like 3 of 4 series are going to start off with the dog in the lead

kobe4thewinbang
04-15-2019, 07:37 PM
Really intrigued by OKC/POR now. Dame was aflame and OKC still stayed close. Wondering about PG's shoulder, but OKC definitely should be happy with that tough loss on the road.

Tough loss by the Pistons, that might be the quickest series to wrap up especially if reports hold true that Blake is unable to play the whole time, Giannis nearly dunking from the free throw line, golly.

Kind of hard to believe that Celtics/Pacers game went that low, hopefully teams pick up the shooting. 84-74 is supposed to be a halftime score in today's NBA. I like the grit and it was good to watch, but not good. I expect Boston to pour it on soon, especially with Oladipo out.

Steph killing it with 8 threes, topping Ray Allen out of #1 overall on 3PTers made in playoffs, but nice to see the Clippers stay within striking distance. Wonder if they can nab a big fish this summer...

Rockets with 7 players in double figures, very nice to see. Paul dishing the ball well. Harden still taking tough shots, but hitting them, so looking good. Just hoping CP3 stays healthy to face the Warriors next.

Hope Lowry has a comeback, all eyes of scrutiny on him. Doesn't bode well for Kawhi sticking around if he has no help outside of the youngsters. Also Nurse getting hollered at for having Gasol on Augustin instead of Ibaka.

Rivera
04-17-2019, 07:50 PM
:o

God damn Pop! Dude is amazing. Denver is 1 quarter away from being down 2-0. You guys have looked really good

That side of the bracket is super weak. Honestly and of the 4 could get to the WCF

I didnít think the Spurs has enough fire power but damn me for doubting Pop