PDA

View Full Version : Kings fire Dave Joerger

GiantsSwaGG
04-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Kings fired coach Dave Joerger, league source tells ESPN.

Wtf is going on

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Wtf is going on

I remember earlier Divac was mad he wasnít playing the young guys as much As he wanted. Still though dumb move by Divac, although this shouldnít be a surprise.

TrueFan420
04-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Bagley was criminally underused but Iím surprised. They overachieved. You donít make this move unless you 100% have a better coach lined up. Will be interesting to see what comes next and while itís a head scratcher Divac has done very well so far and deserves some license to make bold moves.

sacgiants1213
04-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Joerger only had one year left on his contract and the Kings didn't want him to enter the season as a lame duck coach. They also didn't want to commit long term to him especially after how the season ended. Kings were horrid down the stretch. Firing him now makes sense to me, but I don't necessarily agree with it.

Top 3 names that are connected to the job are Luke Walton, Ettore Messina, and Monty Williams.

WestCoastSportz
04-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Joeger gets fired but Divac gets an extension through 2023. I'm not sure what Ranadive is thinking here. Divac has been terrible since becoming the GM. They took Willie Cauley-Stein with the 7th overall pick in 2015. Then the very next draft, he drafts another center, Georgios Papagiannis, with the 13th overall pick and he only lasted one season with the Kings. That alone set them back. Later in that draft, he took Malachi Richardson with the 22nd pick and he didn't last past two season with the Kings. In 2017, he drafted Fox but also drafted Justin Jackson 15th overall. I'm not sure you can say that he's hit a home run with any of his picks yet. Fox has looked good so far and Bagley is showing some promise, but how good is Doncic looking now?

Scoots
04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
I suspect Ranadive is thinking about Mark Jackson with the Warriors. They went a year too long there and lost a year of Curry/Klay/Green/Bogut careers out from under his shadow. He wasn't a bad coach, he had just shown just enough that he wasn't the RIGHT coach for them, but they gave him 1 last year. I suspect Ranadive decided to act quicker.

If they can get Messina that will be a coup.

Walton and Williams I like well enough, but both will need a strong staff around them.

IndyRealist
04-11-2019, 08:14 PM
My first thought was, "they think Luke Walton is available." Joerger did just fine. Apparently consensus "overachieving" isn't enough to keep a job in the NBA. Who else has an opening Joerger can fill?

More-Than-Most
04-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Joeger gets fired but Divac gets an extension through 2023. I'm not sure what Ranadive is thinking here. Divac has been terrible since becoming the GM. They took Willie Cauley-Stein with the 7th overall pick in 2015. Then the very next draft, he drafts another center, Georgios Papagiannis, with the 13th overall pick and he only lasted one season with the Kings. That alone set them back. Later in that draft, he took Malachi Richardson with the 22nd pick and he didn't last past two season with the Kings. In 2017, he drafted Fox but also drafted Justin Jackson 15th overall. I'm not sure you can say that he's hit a home run with any of his picks yet. Fox has looked good so far and Bagley is showing some promise, but how good is Doncic looking now?

he got them hield and fox... its hard to hit on draft picks but they have 2 high potential really good players.

More-Than-Most
04-11-2019, 08:32 PM
as for this they can have brett brown when he is available in a few weeks.

PAOboston
04-11-2019, 09:47 PM
As a Cs fan, this is about 7 months too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 11:09 PM
he got them hield and fox... its hard to hit on draft picks but they have 2 high potential really good players.

He did fire Malone who Cousins actually liked, hires George Karl. Traded Nik Stauskas 2 first round swaps to the 6ers for cap space. Signed Rondo, Bellinelli and Koufos. I know itís hard to hit but missing as much as he has with top picks gets GMs fired.

Then fires a coach for a team that overachieved because he didnít play Bagley more than 25 minutes a game, instead of being what the 2nd highest minute playing big Divac wanted him getting 35?

AntiG
04-11-2019, 11:34 PM
Joerger did a great job for the Kings... they nearly made the playoffs as opposed to handing my Celtics another top 5 pick.

kobe4thewinbang
04-12-2019, 12:14 AM
Guy can't catch a break....

Divac and the other dude still have no idea what they're doing.

Are they gonna re-up on Stein? Fox has come a long way. Now you gonna ditch the coach they all got behind?

Because he didn't give enough minutes to the rookie? C'mon...

CityofTreez
04-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Guy can't catch a break....

Divac and the other dude still have no idea what they're doing.

Are they gonna re-up on Stein? Fox has come a long way. Now you gonna ditch the coach they all got behind?

Because he didn't give enough minutes to the rookie? C'mon...

He feuded with Buddy, wasnít a believer in Giles, and refused to start Bagley over ****ing Bjelica? Cmon

Our last home game of the year we blew a lead to career game for Ian Clark of the Pelicans without Davis or Randle & last night we blew a 28 point lead to college squad Blazers team without Lillard, CJ, Aminu, Harkless, Curry. Cmon now....

It goes both ways here....

TheDish87
04-12-2019, 08:35 AM
really dumb move. How Vlade still has his job is crazy.

tp13baby
04-12-2019, 09:24 AM
He feuded with Buddy, wasnít a believer in Giles, and refused to start Bagley over ****ing Bjelica? Cmon

Our last home game of the year we blew a lead to career game for Ian Clark of the Pelicans without Davis or Randle & last night we blew a 28 point lead to college squad Blazers team without Lillard, CJ, Aminu, Harkless, Curry. Cmon now....

2 games that donít matter doesnít trump being an overachieving team.

Bags still got more minutes than Bjelica. Some teams that donít have any bench depth will take a 3/4 option to handle the second team. Denver with Barton last 2 years did the same thing and he was averaging 16 a game.

The bench depth of Sacramento overall is weak and Joerger realized that.

IndyRealist
04-12-2019, 09:37 AM

I like Hield but he hasn't done anything to have the clout to feud with a coach, let alone have management back him over it.

CityofTreez
04-13-2019, 06:09 PM
He lost me after his on-court debacle with Buddy against GS....

The 2 games that donít matter take is cool and all, but I donít care if they do/donít matter, we shouldíve won them and not failed miserably like our 2nd half collapse as a whole.

tp13baby
04-13-2019, 06:15 PM
He lost me after his on-court debacle with Buddy against GS....

The 2 games that donít matter take is cool and all, but I donít care if they do/donít matter, we shouldíve won them and not failed miserably like our 2nd half collapse as a whole.

Then they go out and get a coach that didn't develop Ingram, Ball of Kuz whats so ever and now gets a bigger development project. I have never been a Walton fan boy and it will take a Sac town playoff appearance to change my opinion.

CityofTreez
04-14-2019, 02:17 AM
Btw, Iím happy for Mike Malone and the Nuggets. You can thank us later or whenever lol

I thought Luke did s good job with Ingram before LeBron, Ball lol, magic did that, and Kuzma is what you see/get (a scorer). My Laker friend liked him last year and then hated him this year. Thereís a correlation here and we donít have LeBron James. Fired Joerger and hired Walton next day. Itís on Vlade, but heís been guiding us in new direction and our team is still the same maybe better after we rid of Willie and acquire another C maybe.

tp13baby
04-14-2019, 02:27 AM
Btw, Iím happy for Mike Malone and the Nuggets. You can thank us later or whenever lol

I thought Luke did s good job with Ingram before LeBron, Ball lol, magic did that, and Kuzma is what you see/get (a scorer). My Laker friend liked him last year and then hated him this year. Thereís a correlation here and we donít have LeBron James. Fired Joerger and hired Walton next day. Itís on Vlade, but heís been guiding us in new direction and our team is still the same maybe better after we rid of Willie and acquire another C maybe.

Ingram didnít emerge until the second half of this year. Otherwise he was the same.