Pacers
Nuggets
Blazers
Jazz

kdspurman
04-10-2019, 02:02 PM

dhopisthename
04-10-2019, 02:20 PM
two things when picking games. #1 the Jazz are VERY likely to not play their starters except rudy and Ingles so they can play 82 games and it sure sounds like the Blazers are tanking to play the Jazz. now the Clippers might be locked into the 8 spot before their game as well so they might not try either.

dhopisthename
04-10-2019, 02:25 PM
I also would find it hilarious if the Nuggets tanked so they could avoid the Rockets, but the Blazers then tanked so that doesn't happen.

Saddletramp
04-10-2019, 03:40 PM
I also would find it hilarious if the Nuggets tanked so they could avoid the Rockets, but the Blazers then tanked so that doesn't happen.

And then the Nuggets lose home court to boot, lol. Best thing for Denver to do is just win and hope the depleted Blazers win anyway. And I hope if the Blazers tank to get the Jazz, the Jazz rail then as hard as the Pelicans did last year. These ***** teams need to stop tanking.

Hereís a quick rundown:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-tiebreakers-playoff-scenarios-west-still-a-mess-heading-into-seasons-last-night-pistons-hornets-eye-easts-final/amp/

bucketss
04-10-2019, 04:30 PM
spurs,bulls,grizz,knicks,hornets,thunder,nets,hawk s,nuggets,,kings,jazz

kdspurman
04-10-2019, 05:21 PM
two things when picking games. #1 the Jazz are VERY likely to not play their starters except rudy and Ingles so they can play 82 games and it sure sounds like the Blazers are tanking to play the Jazz. now the Clippers might be locked into the 8 spot before their game as well so they might not try either.

such a mess :laugh2:

goingfor28
04-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Tony Jones
@Tjonesonthenba
Out for the jazz tonight: Mitchell, Gobert, Korver, favors, Rubio, Neto
3:33 PM ∑ Apr 10, 2019

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdspurman
04-10-2019, 06:49 PM
Spurs
Sixers
Grizzlies
Knicks
Hornets
Bucks
Heat
Hawks
Nuggets
Blazers
Clippers

tp13baby
04-10-2019, 07:18 PM
And then the Nuggets lose home court to boot, lol. Best thing for Denver to do is just win and hope the depleted Blazers win anyway. And I hope if the Blazers tank to get the Jazz, the Jazz rail then as hard as the Pelicans did last year. These ***** teams need to stop tanking.

Hereís a quick rundown:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-tiebreakers-playoff-scenarios-west-still-a-mess-heading-into-seasons-last-night-pistons-hornets-eye-easts-final/amp/

Millsap has a bad hip. Murray has a bad ankle. Jokic was putting up 36 minutes. Denver played 6 games in 9 nights.

Resting injured guys is a hell of of a lot difference than tanking lol

zn23
04-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Wow, I'm stunned that the Blazers are basically going to tank this game. This is for the 3rd seed...

They have a better chance of beating Denver in the 2nd round than they do the GSW, if they make it there.

It seems like this is more about avoiding the Thunder than it is about resting players. The Jazz are a better team than the Thunder. Beating them at home is going to be very difficult.

Saddletramp
04-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Millsap has a bad hip. Murray has a bad ankle. Jokic was putting up 36 minutes. Denver played 6 games in 9 nights.

Just going off of what dhop posted where heís assuming that theyíre indeed tanking.

JAZZNC
04-10-2019, 08:30 PM

Poor Jokic playing 3/4 of the game. Dunno how he's even alive 😂

dhopisthename
04-10-2019, 09:00 PM

give me a break they were tanking and if the Blazers win tonight it was worth it. Zach Lowe called them out today on his podcast for saying it wasn't tanking

dhopisthename
04-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Wow, I'm stunned that the Blazers are basically going to tank this game. This is for the 3rd seed...

They have a better chance of beating Denver in the 2nd round than they do the GSW, if they make it there.

It seems like this is more about avoiding the Thunder than it is about resting players. The Jazz are a better team than the Thunder. Beating them at home is going to be very difficult.

I mean considering they got swept last year and don't have Nurkic I don't think this team should be looking at the 2nd round. they should be picking their best first round opponent. Like you though I think the Jazz are a better, but maybe they feel they match up better against the Jazz.

Saddletramp
04-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Bottom half is set

5 Utah
6 Thunder
7 Spurs
8 Clippers

zn23
04-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Twolves aren't playing Towns. So no Towns, no Rose, the Nuggets better win this game...

WaDe03
04-10-2019, 11:09 PM
Clowns.

Scoots
04-10-2019, 11:33 PM
Last game day of the year and nobody showed up

zn23
04-10-2019, 11:47 PM
This is simply unacceptable for the Nuggets to be up only 1 at half against a badly depleted Wolves team.

Saddletramp
04-10-2019, 11:58 PM
Jeez, Thunder sure did scare the bejeezus out of the Blazers. Iíd rather see a GS/Jazz second round anyway.

Hope Beverley plays in that first round matchup against the Warriors.

Saddletramp
04-10-2019, 11:59 PM
This is simply unacceptable for the Nuggets to be up only 1 at half against a badly depleted Wolves team.

It would be hilarious if the Nuggets lose and have to face the Thunder in round 1. Hilarious.

zn23
04-11-2019, 12:11 AM
It would be hilarious if the Nuggets lose and have to face the Thunder in round 1. Hilarious.

They're 4-0 against the Thunder this season and have dominated the matchup. That's a good matchup for them cause Steven Adams can't guard Jokic. The Spurs are a way worse matchup for them.

zn23
04-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Wow, the Nuggets are playing with no urgency. Jokic, to his credit has rebounded from an awful game against the Jazz last night. But other than Murray, no one else has stepped up.

Will Barton is complete garbage.

zn23
04-11-2019, 12:17 AM
This is going to go down as one of the most humiliating losses/biggest choke jobs in NBA history...

At home, in a must win game, with a full roster, against a team that's out of the playoffs without their best player and 2nd best player, with the 2nd seed on the line.

This is why I said I wouldn't get too excited Yesteday. Because the Nuggets are mentally weak.

I hope this crushes them and they get swept in the first round. Will not be watching a single Nuggets game for the rest of the year.

More-Than-Most
04-11-2019, 12:30 AM
Ben Simmons is the only player in the NBA to guard each position at least 10% of the time and hold the opposing player under their normal production (points per 100 poss) at all 5 positions

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 12:31 AM
Holy **** the Blazers came back from down 20+ to tie it up. Wonít matter if the Nuggets lose, though.

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Looks like the Blazers are going to win and the Nuggets are rallying. Nail biting time.

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Not watching but did Minnesota just stop playing in the final minutes? Jesus. Looks like itís the Jazz again for the Rockets. And playing the Warriors earlier might actually be a good thing. Less games before to avoid injury.

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 12:48 AM
They're 4-0 against the Thunder this season and have dominated the matchup. That's a good matchup for them cause Steven Adams can't guard Jokic. The Spurs are a way worse matchup for them.

Iím wondering if the Nuggs were tanking until they saw the Blazers come back and then went full throttle.

goingfor28
04-11-2019, 12:51 AM
NBA Game time has some tiny dudes on set

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bleedprple&gold
04-11-2019, 12:55 AM
Iím wondering if the Nuggs were tanking until they saw the Blazers come back and then went full throttle.

Why wouldn't they just go for the win from the start and guarantee themselves homecourt advantage for the 2nd round?

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 01:02 AM
Why wouldn't they just go for the win from the start and guarantee themselves homecourt advantage?

Never mind.

But who knows. Itís all speculation.

dhopisthename
04-11-2019, 01:14 AM
wow I must say as a jazz fan if you were rooting to play the Blazers I have never seen such heartbreak 2 nights in a row. Rockets lose by one after leading by 13 in the 4th and by 4 with 2 minutes to go. Blazers were down 2 to the lakers with less then a minutes to go. then the next night the Twolves blow a 11 point lead with 4 minutes left and the Kings lose a game when they had a 25 point lead at halftime. It sure looks like the Blazers were trying to lose as well. its kinda funny if they actually preferred to lose that game and didn't.

tredigs
04-11-2019, 01:17 AM
Blazers ran a 6 man scrub rotation with half of their guys playing all 48 in managements attempt to avoid OKC (who owns them right now), but it wasn't meant to be.

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 01:55 AM

No. We were just playing like **** and just executed. Stop with the tank talk itís ****ing stupid. Denver needed this win badly.

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 02:14 AM
Poor Jokic playing 3/4 of the game. Dunno how he's even alive 😂

Dude eats greasy *** Serbian food, he is not meant to play that much haha

give me a break they were tanking and if the Blazers win tonight it was worth it. Zach Lowe called them out today on his podcast for saying it wasn't tanking

My guess you mean it was tanking? We arenít playing good enough to tank at all. We havenít made the playoffs so to pick our second round matchup is people assuming we were tanking. Zach Lowe isnít Malone. Paul Millsap yes has been banged up all year and on a back to back, 6 games in 9 days after clinching the divison, loss management since he has been battling a hip injury. Jamal Murray sitting out is obvious if you know anything about Denver. He missed games already this year to the ankle. The same dude that didnít miss a game last year while playing with 2 major hernias that required surgeries.

Lowe can say what he wants, but tanking is hilarious. Meaning he is clueless on Millsap and Murrayís injury situation, the schedule, and Maloneís personality. I was the hardest on Malone but one thing he does is expect balls out, play to win not just the game but every possession. Denver is so even keel because up 30 or down 20 he is the same. The personality he shows to his team is we donít back down from challenges. Not to mention we havenít even made it to the playoffs, you think we can chose our second round opponent? Haha hell no. Houston, GS, are the only 2 teams that can have that luxury because they have been there and beyond. Rest guys that need it vs tanking.

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 02:24 AM
No. We were just playing like **** and just executed. Stop with the tank talk itís ****ing stupid. Denver needed this win badly.

Just speculating, bro. Donít get your panties in a wad. Thereís been talk of playoff positioning with many teams.

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 02:40 AM
Just speculating, bro. Donít get your panties in a wad. Thereís been talk of playoff positioning with many teams.

You also said we were trying to lose tonight until we saw Portland winning if that meant anything to us getting the 2 seed. That isnít speculation. We wanted the 2 seed regardless especially if Houston was the 3. Thatís just common sense.

Must of been all by design that we are up late in Portland without the injured 3, we paid the refs to let Lillard flop (which he got fined for), fouled out only big out, which completely changed the game and Portland squeaks our the win.

Not just you, I truly think the idiocy of people thinking we are trying to tank is hilarious. A team playing their worst ball of the year, who has very minimal playoff experience choosing their second round opponent? Absolutely asinine to conclude tanking.

Saddletramp
04-11-2019, 04:14 AM
You also said we were trying to lose tonight until we saw Portland winning if that meant anything to us getting the 2 seed. That isnít speculation. We wanted the 2 seed regardless especially if Houston was the 3. Thatís just common sense.

Must of been all by design that we are up late in Portland without the injured 3, we paid the refs to let Lillard flop (which he got fined for), fouled out only big out, which completely changed the game and Portland squeaks our the win.

Not just you, I truly think the idiocy of people thinking we are trying to tank is hilarious. A team playing their worst ball of the year, who has very minimal playoff experience choosing their second round opponent? Absolutely asinine to conclude tanking.

Again, just speculation. Are you in the huddle? Am I? Is Zach Lowe? Jeez, calm down.

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Again, just speculation. Are you in the huddle? Am I? Is Zach Lowe? Jeez, calm down.

Iím calm. I just think the reasoning is stupid on them tanking. Zach Lowe is no insider. Radio, local media, interviews who are around the team trump anyone who feel they need to put an opinion out there with no facts.

Malone also talked about Smarts injury playing 40 minutes a game played a huge factor into sitting Jokic

Tg11
04-11-2019, 07:44 AM
Spurs
Sixers
Warriors
Pistons
Hornets
Bucks
Nets
Pacers
Nuggets
Blazers
Jazz

7-4 last night on picks

SiteWolf
04-11-2019, 07:51 AM
Blazers ran a 6 man scrub rotation with half of their guys playing all 48 in managements attempt to avoid OKC (who owns them right now), but it wasn't meant to be.

why would you just assume the Blazers sat starters to avoid OKC? if that were the case, they would have sat starters against the Lakers, too, yes?

Scoots
04-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Iím calm. I just think the reasoning is stupid on them tanking. Zach Lowe is no insider. Radio, local media, interviews who are around the team trump anyone who feel they need to put an opinion out there with no facts.

Malone also talked about Smarts injury playing 40 minutes a game played a huge factor into sitting Jokic

FWIW, local media are not more likely to get the story right if it's something the team doesn't want known. I'm not saying the Nuggets were tanking at all, I think they were just playing bad down the stretch. But the reality of local media is that they rely on the team liking them for access and access is their career ... if the team takes access away because they don't like a story the reporter essentially has to move to a different team. I've seen it happen far too many times to deny it. So don't just automatically trust the beat reporters.

dhopisthename
04-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Dude eats greasy *** Serbian food, he is not meant to play that much haha

My guess you mean it was tanking? We arenít playing good enough to tank at all. We havenít made the playoffs so to pick our second round matchup is people assuming we were tanking. Zach Lowe isnít Malone. Paul Millsap yes has been banged up all year and on a back to back, 6 games in 9 days after clinching the divison, loss management since he has been battling a hip injury. Jamal Murray sitting out is obvious if you know anything about Denver. He missed games already this year to the ankle. The same dude that didnít miss a game last year while playing with 2 major hernias that required surgeries.

Lowe can say what he wants, but tanking is hilarious. Meaning he is clueless on Millsap and Murrayís injury situation, the schedule, and Maloneís personality. I was the hardest on Malone but one thing he does is expect balls out, play to win not just the game but every possession. Denver is so even keel because up 30 or down 20 he is the same. The personality he shows to his team is we donít back down from challenges. Not to mention we havenít even made it to the playoffs, you think we can chose our second round opponent? Haha hell no. Houston, GS, are the only 2 teams that can have that luxury because they have been there and beyond. Rest guys that need it vs tanking.

give it up dude. your team purposely lost that game because they were dodging the Rockets. if you seriously think it was for any other reason your are just kidding yourself. I am sure that they wanted to rest guys, but they could have rested guys last night if they had won that game.

Chronz
04-11-2019, 01:10 PM
I think Houston is happy to avoid okc, Denver's happy to avoid Houston, Portland and Utah are mad af they ain't facing each other. I don't love these brackets but should still be fun

tp13baby
04-11-2019, 02:26 PM
FWIW, local media are not more likely to get the story right if it's something the team doesn't want known. I'm not saying the Nuggets were tanking at all, I think they were just playing bad down the stretch. But the reality of local media is that they rely on the team liking them for access and access is their career ... if the team takes access away because they don't like a story the reporter essentially has to move to a different team. I've seen it happen far too many times to deny it. So don't just automatically trust the beat reporters.

Zack Lowe again is no insider. He talks about Denver from an outside view, and one of the few ESPN people that do because his love for Jokic is unmatched. But the injuries of Murray, Millsap. We have been playing like ****. The Ridiculous amount of back to backs.

But yeah we still play all of our other players normal minutes that game, guys not part of the lineup didnít play significant minutes. No momentum going into the playoffs for a young team with no playoff experience.

I can see the tanking thing, I mean god forbid Denver gives guys that are injured a night off after a brutal stretch for load management for the first time all year when every other top team does it for their players.

Iíve listened to enough colorado media to tell you there are certain writers that are so well established they will cut the nuggets down.

zn23
04-11-2019, 02:30 PM
I am speechless at what happened. I went to bed last night angry at the Nuggets when they were down 11 points with 3 minutes. By all accounts they were getting thoroughly outplayed by the Twolves. I wake up to find that they won but also the Kings blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead to the Blazers...

Now Nuggets are 2nd and get to avoid GSW and Houston, their two worst matchups, until the conference finals.

Still though, I don't have a lot of trust in the team anymore. 5-6 in their last 11 and the fatigue of having to play with so many injuries is catching up to the star players.

OKC will beat them in 6 imo.

zn23
04-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Also, Raps get to avoid the Pistons and get the Magic which is the best possible matchup for them. They can beat the Magic with their bench unit and give Kawhi and Lowry the entire series off.

Vee-Rex
04-11-2019, 02:38 PM
Iím calm.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/57504868.jpg

Scoots
04-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Zack Lowe again is no insider. He talks about Denver from an outside view, and one of the few ESPN people that do because his love for Jokic is unmatched. But the injuries of Murray, Millsap. We have been playing like ****. The Ridiculous amount of back to backs.

But yeah we still play all of our other players normal minutes that game, guys not part of the lineup didnít play significant minutes. No momentum going into the playoffs for a young team with no playoff experience.

I can see the tanking thing, I mean god forbid Denver gives guys that are injured a night off after a brutal stretch for load management for the first time all year when every other top team does it for their players.

Iíve listened to enough colorado media to tell you there are certain writers that are so well established they will cut the nuggets down.

I didn't say anything about Lowe, I didn't say anything about the play down the stretch. I just said don't always trust local media. They are not likely to report something the team doesn't want them to report.

Scoots
04-11-2019, 04:16 PM
I am speechless at what happened. I went to bed last night angry at the Nuggets when they were down 11 points with 3 minutes. By all accounts they were getting thoroughly outplayed by the Twolves. I wake up to find that they won but also the Kings blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead to the Blazers...

Now Nuggets are 2nd and get to avoid GSW and Houston, their two worst matchups, until the conference finals.

Still though, I don't have a lot of trust in the team anymore. 5-6 in their last 11 and the fatigue of having to play with so many injuries is catching up to the star players.

OKC will beat them in 6 imo.

It really depends on which OKC team shows up. That team has been even more up and down than the Nuggets.

kdspurman
04-12-2019, 05:19 PM
4/10 Results:

Saddletramp: 9-2
Tg11: 8-3
KDSpurs: 7-4
bucketss: 6-5

Results for the week:

Saddletramp: 56-23
Tg11: 54-25
bucketss: 42-24
Foles9MVP: 28-13