Rockets
Celtics
Wizards
Warriors
Kings
Blazers
Jazz

tomorrow

raptors,spurs,thunder,pistons,pacers,grizz,rockets ,hawks.celtics,wiz,warriors,blazers,kings,jazz

Tg11 and bucketss's picks

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 11:57 AM
can't believe Denver is resting its starters when they can lose the #2 spot so easily

Saddletramp
04-07-2019, 12:03 PM
http://i63.tinypic.com/6p6xyf.jpg

Raps
Spurs
Thunder
Pistons
Pacers
Grizz
Bucks
Rockets
Wiz
Celtics
Warriors
Kings
Blazers
Jazz

Saddletramp
04-07-2019, 12:05 PM
can't believe Denver is resting its starters when they can lose the #2 spot so easily

Theyíre conceeding todayís game (which would be tough anyway) to get some extra rest for the final few must wins. They only need 2 more wins out of 3 games?

Hope this backfires.

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Theyíre conceeding todayís game (which would be tough anyway) to get some extra rest for the final few must wins. They only need 2 more wins out of 3 games?

Hope this backfires.

yeah I mean they have to go to Utah and then play the Twolves. Guess they would rather give at all against the Jazz who have a ton of injuries. I also speculated that if the Jazz win today and the Blazers win today that the Jazz might just start resting guys since their seed would be nearly locked up for the 5 seed. If the Jazz lose though they probably would be trying very hard and they are already 2-1 against the nuggets

zn23
04-07-2019, 12:53 PM

DenverStiffs outlined the strategy behind this.

Portland's next 3 games are against the Nuggets, Lakers and Kings. All 3 winnable games, if they win out and The Rockets lose 1 of their 2 remaining games (probably against the Thunder), They will have a tiebreaker over Houston and will get the 3rd seed. If Denver holds up their part and wins 2/3, they'll get the 2nd seed and could end up with Portland on its side of the bracket leaving Houston and GS to face each other in the next round.

The reasoning makes some sense, but it's super risky. Especially considering that they're banking on showing up and beating the Jazz at Utah.

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 03:23 PM
DenverStiffs outlined the strategy behind this.

Portland's next 3 games are against the Nuggets, Lakers and Kings. All 3 winnable games, if they win out and The Rockets lose 1 of their 2 remaining games (probably against the Thunder), They will have a tiebreaker over Houston and will get the 3rd seed. If Denver holds up their part and wins 2/3, they'll get the 2nd seed and could end up with Portland on its side of the bracket leaving Houston and GS to face each other in the next round.

The reasoning makes some sense, but it's super risky. Especially considering that they're banking on showing up and beating the Jazz at Utah.

so I guess they value playing the Blazers/Thunder/Spurs/Clippers/Jazz in the 2nd round over the Rockets regardless of homecourt. that makes some sense for sure since I bet the Twolves barely show up for the last game. However it relies on the Blazers winning every game, the Rockets losing to the Thunder or the suns, and the nuggets beating the Jazz and Twolves. I think personally I would value having homecourt over risking losing and still playing the rockets. thats a ton of faith in OKC to beat the Rockets because if the rockets win out it doesn't matter.

tp13baby
04-07-2019, 04:24 PM
so I guess they value playing the Blazers/Thunder/Spurs/Clippers/Jazz in the 2nd round over the Rockets regardless of homecourt. that makes some sense for sure since I bet the Twolves barely show up for the last game. However it relies on the Blazers winning every game, the Rockets losing to the Thunder or the suns, and the nuggets beating the Jazz and Twolves. I think personally I would value having homecourt over risking losing and still playing the rockets. thats a ton of faith in OKC to beat the Rockets because if the rockets win out it doesn't matter.

We have handled LA the blazers and the Thunder. 2-2 vs the Spurs. 1-2 vs the Jazz. We look like a lottery team against Houston. If Portland gets the 3 I am all for this

WaDe03
04-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Spo sucks. Terrible ending to a great career for Wade, this team did nothing to improve he roster and couldíve had Jimmy Butler and fought for home court but pulled ****ing JRich off the table. Season ended by ****ing Norman Powell but canít expect to do much when your best player is a 37 year old Wade who canít go full force all season.

You either make the moves to be competitive like getting Jimmy or you ****ing tank if youíre in the Heats shoes, instead they will finish as the 9th seed for the 2nd time in the last 3 years and miss out on a once in a generation talent in Zion and guys with superstar potential like Ja and RJ.

tp13baby
04-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Tonight you will see Harris and Barton get the ball a ton. Both have struggled

tp13baby
04-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Spo sucks. Terrible ending to a great career for Wade, this team did nothing to improve he roster and couldíve had Jimmy Butler and fought for home court but pulled ****ing JRich off the table. Season ended by ****ing Norman Powell but canít expect to do much when your best player is a 37 year old Wade who canít go full force all season.

You either make the moves to be competitive like getting Jimmy or you ****ing tank if youíre in the Heats shoes, instead they will finish as the 9th seed for the 2nd time in the last 3 years and miss out on a once in a generation talent in Zion and guys with superstar potential like Ja and RJ.

If wade was the best player Iíd make the argument they were tanking. Blame Pat Riley. Doesnít want to rebuild and has built a team if healthy and played to the potential isnít more than a 6 seed in the east. Maybe 5.

WaDe03
04-07-2019, 04:53 PM
If wade was the best player Iíd make the argument they were tanking. Blame Pat Riley. Doesnít want to rebuild and has built a team if healthy and played to the potential isnít more than a 6 seed in the east. Maybe 5.

Thing is the young guys have gotten better and the team has stayed the same orngotten worse, Spo has been terrible. They wanted Jimmy bad but Riley got butt hurt when the wolves wanted some money back in the deal for him. They were in perfect position to tank a little over a month ago when they were like a game back from the 6th pick. Just say **** it, start Wade the remainder of the season and let him go out shooting 25 shots a game and putting up numbers over the last 25-30 games and start him next to all the young guys.

Winslow
Wade
JRich
DJJ
Bam

Oh well though I hope Wade shoots 50 shots in his last game like Kobe did, id much rather watch that than a first round sweep but Iíd feel a lot better about it if we were sitting at the 6th or 7th pick with a high chance of moving in to the top 3.

mightybosstone
04-07-2019, 04:58 PM
We have handled LA the blazers and the Thunder. 2-2 vs the Spurs. 1-2 vs the Jazz. We look like a lottery team against Houston. If Portland gets the 3 I am all for this

I have to think facing the Rockets in the second round is in the back of their mind with this decision, even thought I'm sure there are other factors involved. Houston has just owned Denver the last couple of years. And it's weird, because I generally really enjoy watching the Nuggets play and know how good they are, but the Rockets just completely dominate them.

tp13baby
04-07-2019, 05:55 PM
I have to think facing the Rockets in the second round is in the back of their mind with this decision, even thought I'm sure there are other factors involved. Houston has just owned Denver the last couple of years. And it's weird, because I generally really enjoy watching the Nuggets play and know how good they are, but the Rockets just completely dominate them.

Yeah the style of play Houston plays forces us into playing their game. For whatever reason our guards never show up against Houston. We have had a ton more success against GS the last 3 years than Houston. I think we are 1-11 vs Houston over the last 3 years and the one game we won we shot the **** out of the ball.

Houston just makes Denver their *****.

Scoots
04-07-2019, 07:27 PM

And the Rockets will be trying to win to avoid the Warriors in the 2nd round.

goingfor28
04-07-2019, 08:59 PM
These Baron Davis era unis are the best Warriors unis. Should've never changed them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PAOboston
04-07-2019, 09:26 PM
I hate Brad Stevens. Easily one of the worst coaching seasons in the league this year. He has been truly abysmal. The fact he is playing starters right now in a meaningless game after clinching the 4 seed BEFORE THE GAME and losing 2 starters to injury already is just plain idiotic. Like an absolute moron. There is legit no legitimate explanation why the end of the bench isnít getting any minutes right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAOboston
04-07-2019, 09:47 PM
Glad Stevens kept all the starters in for no apparent reason in this meaningless game to lose two starters to injury and then have Daniel ****ing Theis take 4 shots in the last 3 minutes so they could lose by 8 to the Magic at home. Bravo Brad. Bravo.

Scoots
04-07-2019, 10:27 PM
These Baron Davis era unis are the best Warriors unis. Should've never changed them.

That mascot that went with those unis though ... ugh.

mightybosstone
04-07-2019, 11:11 PM
And the Rockets will be trying to win to avoid the Warriors in the 2nd round.

Huh? Why is that relevant? A team winning to get a higher seed and home court advantage is pretty common.

Scoots
04-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Huh? Why is that relevant? A team winning to get a higher seed and home court advantage is pretty common.

Sometimes teams will not care about 2-3-4 seed as much as they care about resting their players going into the playoffs.

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2019, 11:34 PM
Caruso almost posterized the **** out of Gobert. We've found our PG of the future.

The bald eagle. The bald mamba. The guy that actually owns Fox.

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 11:39 PM
man the Jazz offense sometimes in the 4th of close games goes to complete crap. its probably worse now when we don't have a single healthy PG

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 11:45 PM
this game is over. Ingles always picks the worst games to not be able to hit 3's.

dhopisthename
04-07-2019, 11:52 PM
that and now KCP is playing like he is a Jordan

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2019, 11:52 PM
When the Jazz get eliminated by Portland, remember us. ;)

:dance:

Lakers + Giants
04-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Jazz didn't have to foul. was gonna be an 8 second violation.

:laugh2:

Foles9MVP
04-08-2019, 06:26 AM
3 seed! Thank you Orlando

dhopisthename
04-08-2019, 11:57 AM
When the Jazz get eliminated by Portland, remember us. ;)

:dance:

this loss sucks, but unless we still lose the next two and the Thunder win the next two it doesn't really change anything except now our starters probably have to try at least the next game and if they lose that one as well they have to try against the clips as well.

dhopisthename
04-09-2019, 12:03 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3qdUh8UIAIRL39.jpg NBA official playoff scenarios.
interesting one is that Jazz purposely lose the last two knowing that a Rockets win against OKC tomorrow would lock them into the five seed or a Houston Loss tomorrow potentially knocks the Rockets to the 4th seed and the Jazz would then get to play the Blazers in the first round. the Potential issues are that it relies on the Blazers winning their last two games and OKC beating the Bucks the night after in Milwaukee.

goingfor28
04-09-2019, 12:33 AM
I just hope the Clippers finish 6th or 7th to avoid GS.
I don't expect the Clippers to win vs whoever they play, but GS will blow them out. At least vs Den/Por/Hou would be entertaining.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kdspurman
04-09-2019, 12:25 PM
4/7 Results:

bucketss: 7-7
Tg11: 7-7
Saddletramp: 7-7
KDSpurs: 5-9

Results for the week:

Saddletramp: 39-18
Tg11: 38-19
bucketss: 28-16