PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NBA Draft

Scoots
04-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Since the season is essentially done let's talk about the draft and team needs and the players available.

Scoots
04-05-2019, 10:15 AM
I was looking at the rankings and mock drafts and was surprised to see Duke's Tre Jones within range of the Warriors likely 28th pick in this draft.

I'd love the Warriors to have a dog quick guard to replace Livingston on the Warriors who have always struggled against teams with multiple offensive guards, and a guy off the bench who can get after it on D and run the team sounds near ideal.

Tg11
04-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Morant goes #1 especially if Zion decides to stay another year at Duke but no one knows what Zion is gonna do yet but if Zion does decide to declare; unanimous he goes #1

tp13baby
04-05-2019, 09:38 PM
I was looking at the rankings and mock drafts and was surprised to see Duke's Tre Jones within range of the Warriors likely 28th pick in this draft.

I'd love the Warriors to have a dog quick guard to replace Livingston on the Warriors who have always struggled against teams with multiple offensive guards, and a guy off the bench who can get after it on D and run the team sounds near ideal.

Tre was one of the worst shooters. Thatís where is stock will take a hit. He kind of just ran an offense and didnít show any take the game over mentality. For GS that would be ideal.

Zion, Morant, RJ in that order is a lock. There rest of the first depends on fit.

Culverís d mentality fits Chicago.

Reddish to Atlanta makes sense. Huge potential. I hate his IQ but he has potential.

Scoots
04-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Morant goes #1 especially if Zion decides to stay another year at Duke but no one knows what Zion is gonna do yet but if Zion does decide to declare; unanimous he goes #1

I agree. Him having some injury scares makes me think he leaves. It would be amazing if all of them stayed a 2nd year.

Scoots
04-05-2019, 11:51 PM
Tre was one of the worst shooters. Thatís where is stock will take a hit. He kind of just ran an offense and didnít show any take the game over mentality. For GS that would be ideal.

Zion, Morant, RJ in that order is a lock. There rest of the first depends on fit.

Culverís d mentality fits Chicago.

Reddish to Atlanta makes sense. Huge potential. I hate his IQ but he has potential.

I agree Reddish to ATL makes sense. He's got skill but he can't be your #1.

GREATNESS ONE
04-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Zion would be a fool to stay another year.... his stock can't get any higher and he's going to get a FAT deal from Nike...

ChongInc.
04-07-2019, 02:56 PM
I think RJ will have the best career of the draft.

Scoots
04-07-2019, 07:32 PM
I think RJ will have the best career of the draft.

The best career is so much about the team around them and injuries it's really out there to make such a proclamation.

AntiG
04-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Zion would be a fool to stay another year.... his stock can't get any higher and he's going to get a FAT deal from Nike...

not to mention if anything serious occurs next season or his quality of play drops for any reason, he'll drop like a rock ala Michael Porter, Harry Giles and Perry Jones.

He's the guaranteed #1 or #2 pick. No way he'd stay another year.

TheDish87
04-08-2019, 01:31 PM
thats not what happened to Giles or Porter

TheDish87
04-08-2019, 01:33 PM
The Suns need to make sure they leave this draft with Morant.

tp13baby
04-09-2019, 12:10 AM
thats not what happened to Giles or Porter

I think he just means in general what a serious injury can mean to the money you make.

Tre Jones returning to Duke. Probably the one player most likely to increase his draft stock. Just another player being the 4th option, hopefully he can prove he can be the guy.

TheDish87
04-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Giles was coming off 2 knee surgeries before he even got to Duke. Jones is one of those players who should benefit by staying, his stock isnt that high to begin with. He can play himself closer to the lotto with a strong, improved season.

Scoots
04-09-2019, 11:01 AM
I think he just means in general what a serious injury can mean to the money you make.

Tre Jones returning to Duke. Probably the one player most likely to increase his draft stock. Just another player being the 4th option, hopefully he can prove he can be the guy.

Darn it.

AntiG
04-09-2019, 01:57 PM

yeah - my point was that if you are Zion and your stock is as high as its going to be (#1 overall) and you return and get hit with an injury/medical condition or play below expectations, you can only drop. Porter at one point was projected as a possible #1 overall pick and was getting Kevin Durant comparisons. Same goes for Perry Jones. Porter got the injury and Jones played below expectations. Giles, had he shown himself as fully healthy after those surgeries, was projected as high as the top 5. For Zion - you don't risk any chance for that to happen, period.

TheDish87
04-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Jones doesnt fall into the level of those players, hes barely considered a first round pick. No one actually beleives Zion is gonna stay in school either

Tg11
04-10-2019, 10:07 AM
Mock draft, who I see going where

1- Zion Williamson (Knicks)
2- RJ Barrett (Cavaliers)
3- Ja Morant (Suns)
4- Coby White (Bulls)
5- Bol Bol (Hawks)
6- Rui Hachimura (Wizards)
7- Cam Reddish (Grizzlies)
8- Jarrett Culver (Hawks via Mavs)
9- Jaxson Hayes (Pelicans)
10- Darius Garland (Timberwolves)
11- Romeo Langford (Lakers)
12- Nassir Little (Heat)
13- De' Andre Hunter (Hornets)
14- Sekou Doumbouya (Celtics via Kings)

15- Shamourie Ponds (Pistons)
16- Killian Tillie (Nets)
17- Keldon Johnson (Magic)
18- Daniel Gafford (Celtics via Clippers)
19- Bruno Fernando (Pacers)
20- PJ Washington (Spurs)
21- Brandon Clarke (Thunder)
22- Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Celtics)
23- Grant Williams (Jazz)
24- Carsen Edwards (Sixers)
25- Lugentz Dort (Blazers)
26- KZ Okpala (Cavaliers)
27- Goga Bitadze (Nets)
28- Dylan Windler (Warriors)
29- Tyler Herro (Spurs)
30- Jalen McDaniels (Bucks)

AntiG
04-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Jones doesnt fall into the level of those players, hes barely considered a first round pick. No one actually beleives Zion is gonna stay in school either

Jones at one point was, he was hyped to the moon as the next Durant.

Scoots
04-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Tre Jones?

TheDish87
04-10-2019, 11:06 AM

was talking about Tre.

Perry was really compared to KD based off his frame/measurables. He wasnt even good as a frosh at Baylor. Always thought it was weird he was being so touted.

AntiG
04-10-2019, 04:02 PM
was talking about Tre.

Perry was really compared to KD based off his frame/measurables. He wasnt even good as a frosh at Baylor. Always thought it was weird he was being so touted.

Perry coming out of HS was hyped like that... then he played at Baylor and was a good player but not a star hence why his draft stock dropped like a rock. Many had him pegged early in the year as a top 5 pick, maybe even 2nd after Davis.

TheDish87
04-10-2019, 04:23 PM
right but his frosh year play didnt do enough and the hype died. injuries are always a risk no matter what. if someone like Tre enters now and falls to the 2nd and suffers a bad injury was it worth the risk? Fringe guys should go back to school, they can benefit way more.

AntiG
04-11-2019, 12:29 AM
^ agreed. I wasn't talking about Tre though, it was about the notion of Zion thinking about going back to Duke another year.

TheDish87
04-11-2019, 09:26 AM
you dont really believe him though do you? Every so often top guys say this but never go back when they live up to the hype or close to it. The last big recruit i can recall going back despite being a lotto pick is prob Harrison Barnes but he underwhelmed as a frosh at UNC

j-bay
04-11-2019, 10:02 AM
I hope the Wizards get the #2 pick. I want Barrett.

Scoots
04-11-2019, 10:47 AM
^ agreed. I wasn't talking about Tre though, it was about the notion of Zion thinking about going back to Duke another year.

That talk also included talking about Tre deciding to go back to Duke. So the Jones being talked about was Tre. That's what caused the confusion when you changed Joneses :)

Scoots
04-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Should the NBA be like the NFL and the winner of the last game gets the last pick? If the Pistons win the title should they get the 15th pick or the 30th?

Right now, regardless of the results the Warriors pick before 2 other teams.

Scoots
04-11-2019, 11:06 AM
In the past when you looked at the top of the mock drafts there were always 3 or 4 guys who were there because they were tall and they were being projected to be valuable because they were tall. Now there is maybe one in the top 15 6'11" or over. About 13 are between 6'5" and 6'8". The modern NBA.