PDA

View Full Version : Should Iggy have won a 6MOY at some point?

Chronz
04-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Was originally gonna title this, which of Jamal Crawford's awards should have gone to him but thought I should be more open minded. Seriously tho, I can't believe how many voters JC conned . I know he deserved his first one but after that it was all reputation and scoring tallies.

So back to Iggy, he started coming off the bench his 2nd year with GSW(first under Kerr) and immediately enjoyed the most efficient stretch of his career. I always thought it was a dumb move cuz he's the kind of glue guy I would think you'd want with the stars but it's worked out for them none the less and at his peak, his presence unlocked their death lineup.

Never the most productive individually but the box score stats undersell his elite level defense, leadership and facilitation. His case statistically usually revolved around +/- type analysis.

So here is where he ranked in the voters eyes each year and who was ahead of him.

2015: 4th place behind Lou, Isaiah Thomas and Jamal.
2016: 2nd place behind Jamal Crawford and his 40% shooting.
2017: 2nd place behind Eric Gordon and his 40% shooting
2018: fell off the radar, prolly deservedly so.

So, does he deserve any or did the right guy win every year?

Scoots
04-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Yes, but the award always goes to the instant scorer.

Jamiecballer
04-04-2019, 02:14 PM
6th man is like all the other awards, which is to say voted on by a panel of Wade03's

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

ewing
04-04-2019, 11:26 PM
You guys are smart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c.c.
04-05-2019, 12:09 AM
No

dhopisthename
04-05-2019, 12:07 PM
it probably partly a warriors tax

Scoots
04-05-2019, 02:07 PM
it probably partly a warriors tax

Maybe, but more likely a lack of scoring tax.

ewing
04-05-2019, 03:44 PM
More like the Warriors would have been the best regular season team in the league those year with or without him

Chronz
04-06-2019, 09:12 AM
More like the Warriors would have been the best regular season team in the league those year with or without him

Clippers prolly the same or better without Crawford. So you're saying he should've won one?

TrueFan420
04-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Heís never been a scorer and thatís why he didnít get it. The 6 man is almost always instant offense.

ewing
04-07-2019, 06:20 AM
Clippers prolly the same or better without Crawford. So you're saying he should've won one?

No

warfelg
04-07-2019, 09:40 AM
I think what hurt him was similar to what hurt Manu a few years. He wasnít a 6th man; he was the 6th starter a few years. Basically played starter minutes, just wasnít on the court to start the game. I think quite a few voters view this as a negative and held it against Iggy.

Chronz
04-07-2019, 02:12 PM
No

Bet.

TrueFan420
04-07-2019, 02:26 PM
I think what hurt him was similar to what hurt Manu a few years. He wasnít a 6th man; he was the 6th starter a few years. Basically played starter minutes, just wasnít on the court to start the game. I think quite a few voters view this as a negative and held it against Iggy.
Thatís true but Manu did end up winning one. Tho he played that role far longer than Iggy did. However, couldnít the same be said about a lot of these guys. Their playing huge minutes just used off the bench because their mostly a liability defensively and provide scoring punch to the second unit.