PDA

View Full Version : What is one thing you can add or change to PSD to make it better? (MTM :up:)

Vee-Rex
03-31-2019, 11:14 PM
Like button

Lakers + Giants
03-31-2019, 11:45 PM
Trolls actually getting banned.

Lakers + Giants
03-31-2019, 11:46 PM
It's honestly the quality of the posters. I don't exaggerate when I say close to half are trolls.

More-Than-Most
04-01-2019, 01:50 AM
Like and dislike button like vee-rex said

Mods that actually mod their areas

More people taking part in game threads with thicker skin.

A thread with the posters of the month that have the most likes or dislikes.. this would be a friendly competition along with the like and dislike button that would make people try to seriously take part and think about actual insightful posts before posting

I agree with LG there is a good bit of trolls but id rather have that type of fun in the main sports areas but i do wish clear as day trolls would be banned in team areas... No need for proof just use logic... Example... There is a poster in the lakers area who is a clear as day laker hater trying to pretend he is a fan that spends 90 percent of his time trying to get a rise out of laker fans and love or hate posters there is 0 need for that and it isnt fair that there is nothing being done about it because of the stupid rule you can troll in your teams forum by pretending to be a fan. Yes it should be more lenient in there but my god.

Changing of Mods every year... Some Mods are honestly a waste of time and do more harm then good or do nothing and the area just dies out... mods dont get paid i get it but you have plenty of guys that could be mods that would make **** more active then current mods running the place... 2 examples are in this very thread in Vee and LG... Both guys are probably 2 of the better more active guys yet neither guy is a mod in their forum or in the NBA area... Now someone like me and greatness no offense my dude would be horrid examples because we let our emotions take over and just go balls deep all the time and would be horrid with power but there are plenty of guys on this site that could be much better mods then some of the mods we have that are limited or not active enough.

As for my final thing try to bring back a few more people that were banned in a more quicker fashion... if recently brought back people act up just ban them again for good... no harm no foul.

More-Than-Most
04-01-2019, 01:53 AM

this doesnt mean me.. i am just stupid and believe the **** i spew lololol

Vee-Rex
04-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Changing of Mods every year... Some Mods are honestly a waste of time and do more harm then good or do nothing and the area just dies out... mods dont get paid i get it but you have plenty of guys that could be mods that would make **** more active then current mods running the place... 2 examples are in this very thread in Vee and LG... Both guys are probably 2 of the better more active guys yet neither guy is a mod in their forum or in the NBA area... Now someone like me and greatness no offense my dude would be horrid examples because we let our emotions take over and just go balls deep all the time and would be horrid with power but there are plenty of guys on this site that could be much better mods then some of the mods we have that are limited or not active enough.

I appreciate the kind words but I'm too corrupt to be a mod.

Driven
04-01-2019, 08:14 AM
a dislike button would be the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cal827
04-01-2019, 08:26 AM
I appreciate the kind words but I'm too corrupt to be a mod.

Damn right you are. We need good, honest, impartial mods like MTM, Giannis, Buckalis, and DoMeFavors

IndyRealist
04-01-2019, 09:58 AM

I feel PSD is stuck in a vicious cycle. Trolls constitute a large percentage of the posts here, and thus ad revenue, so there's a hesitancy to permanently remove them. At the same time, the trolls and toxicity drive away all the casuals that might make this place less dependent on the trolls for revenue in the first place. PSD has essentially boxed itself into a corner.

aman_13
04-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Well they could start by making this site user-friendly. The ads are over the top and relaunching their app would not be a bad idea. The site could use some seo as well.

cmellofan15
04-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Not turning off my music/podcasts when I go to the website would be nice

WhiteShadow42
04-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Like and dislike button like vee-rex said

Mods that actually mod their areas

More people taking part in game threads with thicker skin.

A thread with the posters of the month that have the most likes or dislikes.. this would be a friendly competition along with the like and dislike button that would make people try to seriously take part and think about actual insightful posts before posting

I agree with LG there is a good bit of trolls but id rather have that type of fun in the main sports areas but i do wish clear as day trolls would be banned in team areas... No need for proof just use logic... Example... There is a poster in the lakers area who is a clear as day laker hater trying to pretend he is a fan that spends 90 percent of his time trying to get a rise out of laker fans and love or hate posters there is 0 need for that and it isnt fair that there is nothing being done about it because of the stupid rule you can troll in your teams forum by pretending to be a fan. Yes it should be more lenient in there but my god.

As for my final thing try to bring back a few more people that were banned in a more quicker fashion... if recently brought back people act up just ban them again for good... no harm no foul.

Can't believe I'm sayin this but I totally agree with you here. Getting tired of the trolls in the Lakers forum. I mean we kid around in there a lot more but we don't pretend to be fans to just start things. I've had my emotions a little too high here a couple of times, but at the time I was active duty and was a little more intense. So I personally apologize to you for that.

Somehow to eliminate dupe accounts or have mods be able to tag who they are. Don't know how you guys can do that but we have way too many people coming back with dupe accounts after being banned and continuing the same nonsense with no accountability.

MTM, L & G would never be a mod in the Lakers forum. He is a Giants fan. It would be mutiny. ;)

ewing
04-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Has anyone said hand checking?

c.c.
04-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Iím all in favor for a like button

I have no problem with trolls, thatís a common thing in todayís internet era. As long as their basketball trolls, I donít mind. For example donít come to a basketball forum talking about some silly stuff just to get attention that donít have nothing to do with the sport.

This is coming from a guy who gets trolled about Harden and CP3 a lot. I have no problem with trolls.

People are way too sensitive nowadays. I donít know about you guys but the NBA nor the Rockets employ me so itís just chatter to me lol.

Saddletramp
04-03-2019, 09:47 AM
Not turning off my music/podcasts when I go to the website would be nice

This. Itís dumb.

JAZZNC
04-03-2019, 04:32 PM
this doesnt mean me.. i am just stupid and believe the **** i spew lololol
I can back this up as fact haha!

JAZZNC
04-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Has anyone said hand checking?

"They changed that rule in 1843 you ignorant potato."

-Scoots

SiteWolf
04-03-2019, 06:40 PM
forums in general are harder and harder to keep active....it's just not how many apparently communicate online these days, which I personally find disappointing, but true

add to it the fact this site uses vbulletin software...which has been among the better forum software, but itself is dying at this point

With more and more sites eliminating their comments sections, where DO people communicate in a community setting like this...if NOT on forums like this?

Lil Rhody
04-04-2019, 04:57 AM
For every political post you make you have to make 3 sports post. Bring that action over here instead of bickering all the time over there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk