PDA

View Full Version : Report: Porzingis accused of rape in New York

NYKnickFanatic
03-30-2019, 10:58 PM
Dallas Mavericks forward Kristaps Porzingis is being investigated in New York for an alleged rape that a woman told police took place last year, according to a New York Post report.

The woman told police on Thursday about the alleged attack, according to the Post report, which cited law enforcement sources. The woman reportedly told police she waited more than a year to come forward because she had discussed getting $68,000 from Porzingis to keep quiet.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26401287/report-porzingis-accused-rape-new-york

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-30-2019, 11:02 PM
PT -- Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the alleged victim told cops Porzingis pinned her down on a bed in his guest room, penetrated her vagina with his penis and then got violent.

The woman told cops he hit her in the face several times, spit on her, called her "my *****" and "my slave" and said he owned her. We're told the accuser claims he stopped assaulting her as she was putting up a fight.

Former New York Knicks star Kristaps Porzingis is the target of an NYPD investigation after a woman came forward and accused him of rape ... TMZ has learned.

The woman claims Porzingis invited her to his Manhattan penthouse on February 7, 2018 -- just hours after he tore his ACL in a game at the Garden against the Bucks -- and held her down and raped her.
:speechless:

NYKnickFanatic
03-30-2019, 11:05 PM
:speechless:

metswon69
03-30-2019, 11:14 PM
Kristaps always came off as a bit of a douche to me. Seems like he was the kind of guy who bought into his own hype and that was only played up by being in NY. ESPN reports the girl claimed he paid her 68,000 dollars to keep her quiet. The exact amount seems a bit odd.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26401287/report-porzingis-accused-rape-new-york

Hard to know what really happened until more information comes out.

GiantsSwaGG
03-30-2019, 11:24 PM
Idk if I believe her but who knows now a days

GiantsSwaGG
03-30-2019, 11:25 PM
Kristaps always came off as a bit of a douche to me. Seems like he was the kind of guy who bought into his own hype and that was only played up by being in NY. ESPN reports the girl claimed he paid her 68,000 dollars to keep her quiet. The exact amount seems a bit odd.

Hard to know what really happened until more information comes out.

Heís definitely a douche but this story seems hard to believe

Scoots
03-30-2019, 11:30 PM
I'm going to wait and see, as should we all, before forming an informed opinion.

But, going to the police and starting with "I was extorting money from this guy, he didn't pay so ..." isn't the best way to really win peoples trust.

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 12:04 AM
I'm going to wait and see, as should we all, before forming an informed opinion.

But, going to the police and starting with "I was extorting money from this guy, he didn't pay so ..." isn't the best way to really win peoples trust.

Exactly Iím surprise they even took on this case knowing the only reason sheís reporting it is because he didnít want to pay up

More-Than-Most
03-31-2019, 12:15 AM
may be true or not but what is sick to me is how fast this will turn into her just being a money grubbing **** who wanted it and that is always the first thing people go to when athletes get accused.

More-Than-Most
03-31-2019, 12:17 AM
Exactly Iím surprise they even took on this case knowing the only reason sheís reporting it is because he didnít want to pay up

because he could have still raped her? Some girls dont like to come forward period and some look for payouts and some lie to try and get pay outs but its not that hard to imagine the girl being raped and being in shock and demanding a pay out after it happened... it still is rape.

Vee-Rex
03-31-2019, 02:09 AM
Hours after he tore his ACL??

More-Than-Most
03-31-2019, 03:08 AM

pain killers are a hella good time bruh

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 03:16 AM
because he could have still raped her? Some girls dont like to come forward period and some look for payouts and some lie to try and get pay outs but its not that hard to imagine the girl being raped and being in shock and demanding a pay out after it happened... it still is rape.

Idk Iím not an expert in law but if she got raped but was willing to forgive him for 60k instead of reporting it? I mean I know other rape victims handle their situations different but this one idk. Not trying to sound insensitive but I find it hard to believe her!

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 03:17 AM

I blew out my knee, and decided to rape someone, sounds crazy

R. Johnson#3
03-31-2019, 03:45 AM
The whole "hours after he tore his ACL" coupled with a very odd sum of money raises some eyebrows. More details need to come out.

SenileStern
03-31-2019, 06:25 AM
Mavs knew about it according to the ESPN article:

The Knicks informed Dallas of the pending Porzingis rape allegations on a Jan. 31 trade call with NBA headquarters that finalized the blockbuster deal, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 08:17 AM
Idk Iím not an expert in law but if she got raped but was willing to forgive him for 60k instead of reporting it? I mean I know other rape victims handle their situations different but this one idk. Not trying to sound insensitive but I find it hard to believe her!

I suspect the logic is that she was alone in his apartment, and at the time she thought she'd never be able to prove it was rape. Then she would get dragged through the mud an called a gold-digging whore and he'd get away totally free. Or she could take whatever money she could get and move on with her life, and not get called a whore by the internet.

People don't often react to trauma logically. I wouldn't read too much into someone's actions post-rape.

D-Leethal
03-31-2019, 08:57 AM
Based on the article I read, the cops are thinking her allegations are credible BECAUSE she has been so upfront about her money grab attempt. I would agree that makes her more believable. If she was making it up why would she add the caveat that she is an extortionist? She's admitting she used the rape to try and pay for her brothers college tuition, and that since he won't pay she is going to the cops. Sleezy way to go about it yes but I think it actually adds credibility in my eyes.

goingfor28
03-31-2019, 09:08 AM
Was she hot?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scoots
03-31-2019, 09:34 AM
I suspect the logic is that she was alone in his apartment, and at the time she thought she'd never be able to prove it was rape. Then she would get dragged through the mud an called a gold-digging whore and he'd get away totally free. Or she could take whatever money she could get and move on with her life, and not get called a whore by the internet.

People don't often react to trauma logically. I wouldn't read too much into someone's actions post-rape.

It was bad before, and Jussie Smollett just made it worse for every public case to come.

STRIKERC
03-31-2019, 09:36 AM

I fail to see the correlation.
Are you saying people who blow out their knee are devoid of sexual feelings?

Chronz
03-31-2019, 11:29 AM
Apparently this happened on my bday.

D-Leethal
03-31-2019, 11:51 AM

It's a little bit odd that the night he blows out his ACL in an NBA game, goes to the hospital, gets back in the wee hours of the morning in pain and on crutches/unable to walk, he decides to call his neighbor over and rape/beat her.

You don't think that sounds crazy?

Hustla23
03-31-2019, 11:55 AM
As it stands, there is no evidence other than her admitting that she willingly went into KP's apartment alone. Had she reported it immediately, things like vaginal trauma, injuries from the supposed assault, and DNA could have been documented.

Compare this to the McGregor case in which the police literally documented how battered and disheveled she looked.

If they find KP guilty of anything, it would be completely based off of her own testimony which would be stupid.

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 12:46 PM

The dude blew out his knee and was on crutches, he suffered a career threatening injury and the first thing he does is rape someone? I mean itís possible but crazy.

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 12:49 PM
Based on the article I read, the cops are thinking her allegations are credible BECAUSE she has been so upfront about her money grab attempt. I would agree that makes her more believable. If she was making it up why would she add the caveat that she is an extortionist? She's admitting she used the rape to try and pay for her brothers college tuition, and that since he won't pay she is going to the cops. Sleezy way to go about it yes but I think it actually adds credibility in my eyes.

And KP attorneys say he had sex with her and it was consensual and that they even went to the feds saying heís being extorted. Idk man Jussie Smollet messed it up for a lot of ppl lol

GiantsSwaGG
03-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Was she hot?

And what if she wasnít?

Mr.B
03-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Iím need all of the info to come out before saying one way or the other if he raped her or not. I am curious though, at what point did her close come off and how were they removed? The TMZ article says he threw her down on the bed and pinned her down and then penetrated her, so she had to be unclothed at that point. Did she take her own clothes off? Did he chase her down and rip them off of her?

kdspurman
03-31-2019, 02:48 PM
Mavs taking this trade knowing this isn't a good look for them either

cmellofan15
03-31-2019, 03:21 PM

I mean..... it's Mark Cuban so I can't say I'm surprised...

Redrum187
03-31-2019, 04:36 PM

I think if it was proven KP did it and Dallas still traded for him anyways it's a bad look. However, in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. So why is it a bad look on the Mavericks for making a trade on a player who is only accused of raped by an admitted extortionist?

I can accuse every NBA player of raping me right now. Then claim I don't want to go to the cops and you can't question it because I'm a victim and not everyone acts the same. Should the NBA team GM's not make any trades now because "it's a bad look"?

Any negative stigma attached to KP as of this moment is unjustified until and unless it's proven he did in fact rape the self proclaimed extortionist on one leg. In the same respect, I can't fully call her a "liar" yet as there is a possibility it may have happened. Nevertheless, we can all call her an extortionist... she doesn't deny it.

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 05:18 PM
I think if it was proven KP did it and Dallas still traded for him anyways it's a bad look. However, in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. So why is it a bad look on the Mavericks for making a trade on a player who is only accused of raped by an admitted extortionist?

I can accuse every NBA player of raping me right now. Then claim I don't want to go to the cops and you can't question it because I'm a victim and not everyone acts the same. Should the NBA team GM's not make any trades now because "it's a bad look"?

Any negative stigma attached to KP as of this moment is unjustified until and unless it's proven he did in fact rape the self proclaimed extortionist on one leg. In the same respect, I can't fully call her a "liar" yet as there is a possibility it may have happened. Nevertheless, we can all call her an extortionist... she doesn't deny it.

What you're missing is the history of gross sexual harassment in the Mavs organization that happened under Cuban, and the culture of protecting serial predators because they were valuable to the organization.

The Mavs don't KNOW that he didn't do it, any more than they know if he did. So from an onlooker's perspective, the Mavs once again ignored alleged gross misconduct because a guy is valuable.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:33 PM
maybe that's the reason he wanted out of ny. he warned ny fans (as a parting message)about the femmes there, stay woke!

GoferKing_
03-31-2019, 05:50 PM
Just a money grabbing ho. Even if something happened, she wanted the money not justice. F her.

GoferKing_
03-31-2019, 05:54 PM
However, in this country we are innocent until proven guilty

You sure its not the other way around? I have seen twitter accusations destroy lifes.

kdspurman
03-31-2019, 06:02 PM
What you're missing is the history of gross sexual harassment in the Mavs organization that happened under Cuban, and the culture of protecting serial predators because they were valuable to the organization.

The Mavs don't KNOW that he didn't do it, any more than they know if he did. So from an onlooker's perspective, the Mavs once again ignored alleged gross misconduct because a guy is valuable.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

Exactly

Redrum187
03-31-2019, 06:33 PM

My point remains... I'll allege that everyone in the NBA raped me. Those organizations where they have protected serial sexual abusers, in addition to organizations where nothing like that has happened before, will get a bad look if they make any trades. While I understand your point, and it's somewhat reasonable considering the history of the Mavs organization, if they are merely allegations then that isn't enough to ice the guy's NBA future. Anyone can "allege" someone raped them. It might be controversial to say that "allegations" are meaningless unless substantiated with actual proof, but that is how it is.

I don't think anyone will fault the Mavericks organization unless there was proof that KP did it and the Mavericks didn't care or even worse, assisted in covering it up. It's absolute ridiculousness to say "we don't know if he did or didn't do it, so we are going to assume worst case scenario until we get more facts".

You say it's a "bad look" to trade for him, I say it's a worse look to treat someone who may be innocent as if he was guilty. Judicially, there is a saying that we would rather let a guilty man go free than an innocent man found guilty.

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 06:57 PM
My point remains... I'll allege that everyone in the NBA raped me. Those organizations where they have protected serial sexual abusers, in addition to organizations where nothing like that has happened before, will get a bad look if they make any trades. While I understand your point, and it's somewhat reasonable considering the history of the Mavs organization, if they are merely allegations then that isn't enough to ice the guy's NBA future. Anyone can "allege" someone raped them. It might be controversial to say that "allegations" are meaningless unless substantiated with actual proof, but that is how it is.

I don't think anyone will fault the Mavericks organization unless there was proof that KP did it and the Mavericks didn't care or even worse, assisted in covering it up. It's absolute ridiculousness to say "we don't know if he did or didn't do it, so we are going to assume worst case scenario until we get more facts".

You say it's a "bad look" to trade for him, I say it's a worse look to treat someone who may be innocent as if he was guilty. Judicially, there is a saying that we would rather let a guilty man go free than an innocent man found guilty.

Just because you don't know someone is guilty doesn't mean you HAVE to associate with them and the nonsense they bring. Presumption of innocence is for courts, not public relations. When they traded for him they also traded for the RISK that he is guilty, and they decided that the value on the court outweighed that risk.

The MAVS needed to stay away from this. That's not about KP's guilt or innocence. That this strictly about the history of the Mavericks.

Redrum187
03-31-2019, 07:56 PM
Just because you don't know someone is guilty doesn't mean you HAVE to associate with them and the nonsense they bring. Presumption of innocence is for courts, not public relations. When they traded for him they also traded for the RISK that he is guilty, and they decided that the value on the court outweighed that risk.

The MAVS needed to stay away from this. That's not about KP's guilt or innocence. That this strictly about the history of the Mavericks.

Eh, I don't think anyone is going to care that the Mavericks made a basketball decision to better their franchise by trading for KP. The only rape people will hold the Mavericks accountable for is the trade they made with NY to acquire KP. We can't fault an organization for doing something to better themselves by trading for a player who is assumed innocent/no evidence to corroborate the alleged rape.

The Mavericks do have a history of cover-up about sexual misconduct, however, this wasn't only a victim's word type thing. There was plenty of evidence and eye-witnesses to corroborate the claims made at the time. Furthermore, I don't think the victims were self-admitted extortionists either. And if the victims WERE extortionists, the Mavericks didn't get an FBI investigation to look into the extortionists/victims. KP is a potential victim here as well... the only difference is there is undeniable proof she was extorting him... it came straight from the horse's mouth.

ChongInc.
03-31-2019, 08:55 PM

You ever try to **** on painkillers?

+ the way she describes the sex is pretty close to the sex I have with my wives. Women will do whatever when they're in that sex daze. They'll regret it immediately after lol, but doesn't make it rape.

Reminds me of the derik rose allegations. Girl gets ****ed real good, maybe things go a little further than expected - hey... I could use this to make some money....

ChongInc.
03-31-2019, 09:09 PM
Iím need all of the info to come out before saying one way or the other if he raped her or not. I am curious though, at what point did her close come off and how were they removed? The TMZ article says he threw her down on the bed and pinned her down and then penetrated her, so she had to be unclothed at that point. Did she take her own clothes off? Did he chase her down and rip them off of her?
Yeah must have chased her down with that knee.

And KP attorneys say he had sex with her and it was consensual and that they even went to the feds saying heís being extorted. Idk man Jussie Smollet messed it up for a lot of ppl lol
See this makes a lot of sense. From the info I have so far it seems they had some hot rough sex, then she tried to extort him. He goes to the feds and the feds knock on her door. They ask her if it happened, why aren't you reporting it? She panics knowing she's looking at jail time for extortion, decides the only way to protect herself is to file the report.
If that is how it went down then she was right that going to the cops was the only way to protect herself, but she deserves even more jailtime for lying imo.

Some type of proof could change my opinion, but that is what it seems like to me.

ewing
03-31-2019, 09:15 PM

They have two potential franchise corner stones, cap space, and a lotto pick. I think they know what they are doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goingfor28
04-01-2019, 12:08 AM
And what if she wasnít?Then I'd assume KP was ****ed up on pain meds from his ACL tear and she probably coerced him into it and is now trying to make some cash.

TrueFan420
04-01-2019, 01:02 AM
Was she hot?

Who gives a ****... her attractiveness has nothing to do with whether or not she was raped.

TrueFan420
04-01-2019, 01:07 AM

Depends. They have far far more information on the case then we do. If they feel comfortable that he didnít do it and can get a good deal it makes sense. Heís still innocent until proven guilty and these types of things rarely ever get settled in court. Itís all public perspective for them. If he does and says all the right things you make the gamble. Hell they could even put a clause in his contract to get out of it if it sticks or any other allegations come up.

IKnowHoops
04-01-2019, 04:46 AM

Common bruh lol

IKnowHoops
04-01-2019, 04:50 AM
It's a little bit odd that the night he blows out his ACL in an NBA game, goes to the hospital, gets back in the wee hours of the morning in pain and on crutches/unable to walk, he decides to call his neighbor over and rape/beat her.

You don't think that sounds crazy?

A rich self entitled basketball player gets tricked slapped by life and throws a tantrum and takes it out on some poor girl. Because itís weird, is why it makes the most sense the more I think about it. Nevertheless itís def weird but Kristaps has always come off as arrogantly weird.

More-Than-Most
04-01-2019, 04:54 AM
A rich self entitled basketball player gets tricked slapped by life and throws a tantrum and takes it out on some poor girl. Because itís weird, is why it makes the most sense the more I think about it. Nevertheless itís def weird but Kristaps has always come off as arrogantly weird.

but yo she got what she deserved and just wanted money amirite? I mean no man can rape after he tears some ****... its its its just not possible and and and she just wanted money,

More-Than-Most
04-01-2019, 04:56 AM
Then I'd assume KP was ****ed up on pain meds from his ACL tear and she probably coerced him into it and is now trying to make some cash.

and we wonder why athletes legit get away with rape..... this right here is why. Athlete has cash thus the girl wants cash thus she was never actually raped and just wanted money.... i hate everything about this man... not you in general but in general this is what people think first before anything else.

IKnowHoops
04-01-2019, 05:07 AM
but yo she got what she deserved and just wanted money amirite? I mean no man can rape after he tears some ****... its its its just not possible and and and she just wanted money,

Many assumptions on both sides can be made. I donít like to judge these cases either way for real. Just throwing some stuff out there in a b-ball forum

D-Leethal
04-01-2019, 07:35 AM

That narrative does actually make some sense the more I think about it.

KP's an entitled egomaniac + getting his life flipped upsidedown in an instant + tequila and painkillers.

j-bay
04-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Eight months after a 29-year-old woman says that NBA star Kristaps Porzingis sexually assaulted her inside his apartment, she contacted the New York Knicks' legal department to seek to "mediate in private" a payment of $68,000, according to emails obtained by ESPN.

At the time of the woman's documented communication with the Knicks' legal staff -- late October through early November -- no criminal complaint had been filed with New York police. The Knicks eventually referred the woman to Porzingis' personal legal representation.

ESPN obtained a series of text messages between the woman and Porzingis, as well as emails between her and the Knicks. The texts and emails portray a woman who wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with Porzingis in the aftermath of the alleged assault in February 2018, but who also wanted him to honor what she says was his commitment to contribute $68,000 to a college fund for her brother.

According to the emails, the woman told the Knicks that she went to Porzingis' apartment to get his autograph in the late-night hours after Porzingis sustained a serious knee injury at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 6, 2018. After what the woman told the Knicks was an "extremely aggressive encounter," she said Porzingis agreed to co-sign a statement with her that promised his payment of $68,000.

Porzingis' attorney, in a statement to ESPN, said he believes the document is "a forgery."

Attempts to reach the attorney for the woman were unsuccessful.

The New York Post reported Saturday that the woman told New York police on Thursday of an alleged rape that she says occurred in the early morning hours of Feb 7, 2018, in Porzingis' apartment. The NYPD would not confirm to ESPN that an investigation is under way.

Porzingis' attorney, Roland G. Riopelle, said in a statement Saturday, "We are aware of the complaint that was made against Mr. Porzingis [on Thursday] and unequivocally deny the allegations."

The statement also noted that Porzingis' legal team made a formal referral on the player's behalf to federal law enforcement on Dec. 20, 2018, "based on the accuser's extortionate demands. We also alerted the National Basketball Association months ago and they are aware of the ongoing investigation of the accuser by federal law enforcement."

Porzingis, 23, was traded to the Dallas Mavericks on Jan. 31, but has not played this season as he continues to rehab a torn left ACL.

The Knicks declined comment Sunday.

Mavs coach Rick Carlisle on Sunday said Porzingis, who is not currently with the team as he continues to work out in Dallas, said the accusations won't impact Porzingis' availability for practice. Carlisle also said if Porzingis wants to take time away from the team, the Mavs are open to that.

Michele Roberts, executive director of the National Basketball Players Association, issued a statement Sunday: "We have been aware of these allegations for some time, have evaluated the accuser's claims and, based on what is presently before us, stand with Kristaps."

The woman's correspondence with the Knicks' legal staff came in the aftermath of text-message communication between her and Porzingis. Texts sent in the weeks following the alleged assault included the woman asking to spend intimate time with Porzingis. Some of those messages included the woman sending explicit photos of herself.

It is unclear if Porzingis and the woman had any sexual encounters after the alleged assault, or how much additional text correspondence there was between the two. In the texts reviewed by ESPN, the woman appeared to become increasingly frustrated that Porzingis was friendly when they crossed paths in their apartment building, but remained far less responsive via text communication.

After asking the Knicks in October to help her get the $68,000 from Porzingis, the woman emailed the Knicks a series of text messages that included Porzingis' invitation to visit his apartment the night of the alleged assault. Porzingis told her that he was "drunk," according to the texts. The woman agreed to come to his apartment, responding: "I'm not fancy at all. I'm in flip-flops and a night dress. I'm basic. ..."

In the handwritten letter that she described as a contractual agreement with Porzingis for payment of $68,000 -- a copy of which was obtained by ESPN -- Porzingis' name is misspelled and it is unclear whether the signature belongs to him.

In the alleged agreement, the woman wrote: "This agreement effective February 7, 2018, acknowledges the fact that an unexpected escalated sexual intercourse due to an inevitable physical attraction on the part of Kristap (sic) occurred subsequently, warrants compensation payable towards (the woman's) siblings college tuition in the amount of $68,000. ...

" ... Mr. Kristap (sic) willingly offered several compensations to (the woman) including business investments. (The woman) ultimately settled with Mr. Kristap's (sic) offer of a $68,000 check."

In a statement to ESPN on Sunday, Riopelle said: "Mr. Porzingis denies signing the alleged contract, which we believe is a forgery. When asked to produce the original contract for handwriting analysis, the complainant declined to do so."

In her correspondence with the Knicks, the woman included a photograph that she said showed hair loss and broken nose cartilage, "from when he repeatedly hit me." Several days after the alleged encounter, the woman wrote that she had to pay "about $10,000" for corrective surgery.

In an Oct. 30, 2018, email to the Knicks, the woman wrote: "After the extremely aggressive encounter, he was very apologetic, loving and caring ... hence, the offer he made to pay my (little) bro's tuition + more. ... Although how he treated me was horrendous, as a Knicks fan, I do not want him to get him in any trouble with the law. I stayed back and enjoyed the rest of the time I spent with him. It's crucial to note the fun times I had with him doesn't negate the fact that he offered to compensate me as a soothing gift even though I didn't ask him to." The woman said she stayed with Porzingis until 11 a.m. the day after the alleged assault.

Besides the $68,000 payment, the woman also wanted the Knicks to assist in the return of a pair of sandals she termed her "favorite Jordan gray and orange slides." She had also texted Porzingis for the return of the shoes, and he acknowledged she left them in his apartment.

In an email sent to Porzingis' legal team also dated October 30, 2018 -- based on the Knicks' initial phone conversation with the woman -- Jamaal Lesane, the Knicks' vice president of legal affaris, described the woman's side of the story this way: "She went up to Porzingis' apartment with a notebook to get his autograph. Once she was inside Porzingis' apartment, 'Porzingis had his way with me without my consent.' " Later, Porzingis offered her money 'when he knew was wrong.' Porzingis offered to pay the tuition for (the woman's) brother's education in the amount of $68,000."

In an email, the woman asked the Knicks' legal team to keep the information between her and the organization. She concluded, "I will litigate this matter if the Knicks legal team fails to properly mediate in private."

The Knicks appeared to end communication with the woman in early November. In an email dated Nov. 6, the Knicks' legal staff informed the woman that Porzingis had "decided to retain counsel to represent him and they will be in touch with you shortly. The New York Knicks will not have any further involvement on Kristaps' behalf."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26414381/woman-wanted-knicks-mediate-porzingis

IndyRealist
04-01-2019, 09:41 AM
Yeah that doesn't sound very legit.

Mr.B
04-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Based on that article it honestly sounds like they did have a sexual encounter and then he ghosted her. Then she fabricated a contract and forged his signature.

IndyRealist
04-01-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm kind of confused why KP didn't try and get out ahead of this story. If he made a statement in January post trade deadline that he was being extorted, this plays completely differently.

goingfor28
04-01-2019, 11:33 AM
and we wonder why athletes legit get away with rape..... this right here is why. Athlete has cash thus the girl wants cash thus she was never actually raped and just wanted money.... i hate everything about this man... not you in general but in general this is what people think first before anything else.I mean, it's certainly not impossible.

Redrum187
04-01-2019, 12:06 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26414381/woman-wanted-knicks-mediate-porzingis

The woman's correspondence with the Knicks' legal staff came in the aftermath of text-message communication between her and Porzingis. Texts sent in the weeks following the alleged assault included the woman asking to spend intimate time with Porzingis. Some of those messages included the woman sending explicit photos of herself.

I guess we are all insensitive a-holes if we were to question why she'd want to bang again/send nudes to her alleged rapist. It could totally be Stockholm's syndrome! :rolleyes:

Redrum187
04-01-2019, 02:14 PM
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/03/31/league-sources-strongly-contradict-porzingis-report-knicks-told-mavericks-extortion-never-used-word-rape

Now those who say "it's a bad look" for the Mavericks to not assume guilt and pass on an amazing opportunity to better their franchise for the next decade by trading for KP will have to find another reason to say how they look bad.

Even if the Knicks told the Mavericks she made a police report accusing KP of rape after the fact KP went to the FBI about the extortion, I still see no reason why they wouldn't do that trade. The facts (as long as they are true in the reports) are as followed:

1.) accuser admits to being an extortionist
2.) KP went to FBI before she made a police report
3.) woman files police report once the FBI investigation was underway (smart move on her part)
3.) emails/texts of the woman wanting to bang KP after alleged rape
4.) explicit pics (nudes) of woman sent after alleged rape
5.) email/text with desire to be in a relationship after alleged rape (but she still wanted $68,000)
6.) extortion agreement has a KP signature with his name misspelled
7.) when asked for the original agreement to pay document to compare handwriting, she declined

I'm loving the "logic" some people have that because the story doesn't add up and is filled with holes, it somehow makes it "more believable". Her refusal to hand over the original document to compare KP's handwriting is absolutely illogical if she is telling the truth... "BUT THIS ONLY MAKES IT MORE BELIEVABLE!" :laugh2:

cmellofan15
04-01-2019, 04:22 PM
In her correspondence with the Knicks, the woman included a photograph that she said showed hair loss and broken nose cartilage, "from when he repeatedly hit me."

Bad look

ewing
04-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Dolan probably urged/paid her to come forward

Mr.B
04-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Bad look

Those photos could have easily just come from her getting a nose job. Considering the rest of her story is completely falling apart that makes more sense.

beasted86
04-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Her story sounds really bad. Nothing adds up. The note was cringy.

Sounds totally like someone with mental illness.

Mr.B
04-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Her story sounds really bad. Nothing adds up. The note was cringy.

Sounds totally like someone with mental illness.

Could just be a woman scorned. She though she had an NBA that wanted to be her boyfriend and he just wanted a piece of ***. When he didnít reciprocate the feelings she had for him she tried to burn him to the ground. Lots of women (unfortunately) are like that when they feel theyíve been wronged by a man.

valade16
04-02-2019, 01:37 AM
I guess we are all insensitive a-holes if we were to question why she'd want to bang again/send nudes to her alleged rapist. It could totally be Stockholm's syndrome! :rolleyes:

This is actually way more common then you think.

Chronz
04-02-2019, 12:27 PM
this is actually way more common then you think.

bs

prodigy
04-03-2019, 01:41 PM

people can still walk on a torn ACL. Its the bending, twisting that will have you crying. Pain killers can numb that pretty good. don't forget he's also freaking huge. So raping someone with a torn ACL is still very possible.

But IDK if i believe her. Waiting to see if you can get money from someone first? lol i would dismiss the case on that alone.

beasted86
04-03-2019, 10:58 PM
This is actually way more common then you think.

I could see it with someone in a relationship that feels attached. This doesn't seem the case at all.

More details need to surface but this appears to be the first and only hook up. The note appears to draw such a conclusion.

GoferKing_
04-04-2019, 02:21 AM
Hahaha. "my slave", why would a dude from Latvia say something like that. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

She gonna get jail time for extortion. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Redrum187
04-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Hahaha. "my slave", why would a dude from Latvia say something like that. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

She gonna get jail time for extortion. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

She may as well claim he also said "this is MAGA country"...

Mr.B
04-04-2019, 09:55 PM
She may as well claim he also said "this is MAGA country"...

MAGA = Mexicans Always Get Across