PDA

View Full Version : Lakers Interested in Rick Carlisle

Redrum187
03-28-2019, 04:10 PM
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/03/lakers-interested-in-mavs-rick-carlisle-to-replace-luke-walton-per-report/

I mean, they absolutely should be interested in him. They should also be interested in Popovich too. They are the number 1 and 2 coach in the NBA.

A reporter told Mark Cuban and all Cuban did was laugh. What are the odds the Lakers successfully get Rick Carlisle to leave Dallas for them?

ewing
03-28-2019, 04:33 PM
The lakers are not interested in anyone with a backbone

tredigs
03-28-2019, 04:40 PM
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/03/lakers-interested-in-mavs-rick-carlisle-to-replace-luke-walton-per-report/

I mean, they absolutely should be interested in him. They should also be interested in Popovich too. They are the number 1 and 2 coach in the NBA.

A reporter told Mark Cuban and all Cuban did was laugh. What are the odds the Lakers successfully get Rick Carlisle to leave Dallas for them?

Zero.

YAALREADYKNO
03-28-2019, 05:22 PM
If you’re in the NBA, chances are the Lakers are interested in you lol

valade16
03-28-2019, 05:52 PM
I'm sure they are, but why would he be interested in them?

IndyRealist
03-28-2019, 05:59 PM
Lakers tamper with coaches too, apparently.

LakerClipperFan
03-28-2019, 07:00 PM
Tyronn Lue would be cool. I wan't someone who gets along with Bron.

GiantsSwaGG
03-28-2019, 07:04 PM
Wouldn’t be surprise if Rich Paul ended up being the coach

SfgiantsJD3
03-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Wouldn’t be surprise if Rich Paul ended up being the coach

Wouldn't he be inline to replace Magic?

R. Johnson#3
03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
Carlisle and Lebron would be so much fun to watch because Carlisle wouldn't put up with Lebron's ****.

c.c.
03-28-2019, 11:51 PM
It’s laughable to think he would leave a team with so much potential for a disastrous Laker situation.

Mr.B
03-29-2019, 12:40 AM
Carlisle just signed an extension like a week ago, so he isn’t going anywhere. He has it too good in Dallas too. Plus his family loves Dallas. He talked many times on Dallas radio about his kids growing up in Dallas and how much they love it here.

Let’s just say this we’re a possibility though. The Lakers would have to ante up BIG TIME! Cuban and the players love Carlisle. The Lakers would have to blow them away with an offer for them to even consider it.

dhopisthename
03-29-2019, 12:46 AM
Like Lebron would even want a coach with a backbone.

GREATNESS ONE
03-29-2019, 12:54 AM
This thread is productive

Lakers + Giants
03-29-2019, 02:05 AM
I'm sure they are, but why would he be interested in them?

This

JAZZNC
03-29-2019, 01:07 PM
I'm sure Carlisle would love the opportunity to be forced out after a year or less because he actually tries to coach and isn't a LeBron yes man. I don't know why any quality coach would go to LA just to be a scapegoat for Mr. James.

ewing
03-30-2019, 12:20 AM
They should hire Calipari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
03-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Their interest is just say they tried to get a legit coach before they go out and get a yes man.

Heediot
03-30-2019, 03:19 PM
they end up with becky hammon.

j-bay
03-30-2019, 10:14 PM
They should hire Derek Fisher

TrueFan420
03-30-2019, 11:46 PM
they end up with becky hammon.

Naw she’s too smart to want any part of that

Heediot
03-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Naw she’s too smart to want any part of that

i'd take the risk if i were her. if they can add a max guy and trade for another star, all she as to do is caretake. if she can muster 3-4 years out of that, she'll get another gig to boot.

TrueFan420
03-31-2019, 03:29 PM
i'd take the risk if i were her. if they can add a max guy and trade for another star, all she as to do is caretake. if she can muster 3-4 years out of that, she'll get another gig to boot.
Maybe or if it all blows up she gets scapegoated and doesn’t get another chance. LA is toxic right now and it would be a huge risk. I could understand taking it because she may never get a chance but ideally you want to take a chance somewhere where you can flourish.

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Becky Hammon is 42. She has 30 years of coaching left. Zero chance she walks into a clusterf*** and ruins her career.

TrueFan420
03-31-2019, 04:13 PM
Becky Hammon is 42. She has 30 years of coaching left. Zero chance she walks into a clusterf*** and ruins her career.

While I agree I think it’s an interest topic. She may feel that she won’t get a chance so when the first chance arises she may feel the pressure to take it.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:02 PM

lol. just hold the clip board and get paid for a few years. if the lakers can make the right moves, it could be a sweet gig aka ty lue type of thing. as long as you suck up to bron, your golden. he did praise her before. but you never know about that guy he spews a lot of junk to the media and tries to be this progressive guy, so I don't know if he means anything or is just trying to be pc (for his brand).

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 05:05 PM
lol. just hold the clip board and get paid for a few years. if the lakers can make the right moves, it could be a sweet gig aka ty lue type of thing. as long as you suck up to bron, your golden. he did praise her before. but you never know about that guy he spews a lot of junk to the media and tries to be this progressive guy, so I don't know if he means anything or is just trying to be pc (for his brand).

There's a responsibility with being first. You don't just take a job to get paid and screw it for everyone coming after you. If she takes that job, anything that goes wrong is automatically her fault because she's a woman.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:16 PM
There's a responsibility with being first. You don't just take a job to get paid and screw it for everyone coming after you. If she takes that job, anything that goes wrong is automatically her fault because she's a woman.

You never know, it might be a sweet gig. It's true that Bron brings the circus with him and dictates the franchise. But if the right moves are made, she should take it and jump on it. how many chances are you going to get to be handed a team led by a superstar?

IndyRealist
03-31-2019, 05:22 PM
You never know, it might be a sweet gig. It's true that Bron brings the circus with him and dictates the franchise. But if the right moves are made, she should take it and jump on it. how many chances are you going to get to be handed a team led by a superstar?

100% disagree. She needs to take the safest job possible. She interviewed with Milwaukee, with a locked-in superstar and a stable roster with zero malcontents. THAT was a no-brainer. The Lakers have red flags all over them. She has 30 years of coaching ahead of her. There's no reason to jump on a powder keg now when she could get a perfect job in 10 years.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:25 PM
100% disagree. She needs to take the safest job possible. She interviewed with Milwaukee, with a locked-in superstar and a stable roster with zero malcontents. THAT was a no-brainer. The Lakers have red flags all over them. She has 30 years of coaching ahead of her. There's no reason to jump on a powder keg now when she could get a perfect job in 10 years.

no worries I was just trolling about hammon.

I still don't think the job is super bad regardless of gender. you just have to be prepared to coddle and sometimes cater to bron. I think the job has upside, whereas others are seeing more gloom.
I'm not a Bron guy btw, but they still have cap room and prospects to make moves.

TrueFan420
04-01-2019, 12:47 AM
no worries I was just trolling about hammon.

I still don't think the job is super bad regardless of gender. you just have to be prepared to coddle and sometimes cater to bron. I think the job has upside, whereas others are seeing more gloom.
I'm not a Bron guy btw, but they still have cap room and prospects to make moves.

I hear ya and I know you were but it’s an interesting proposition. However, as it was said she’d be the first. There could be long lasting implications for her getting another gig or women following if she goes there and gets scapegoated. There’s already gonna be a lot of scrutiny involved why add LA and Bron to the mix. If she’s smart she’s going to a stable location that will give her time and not be talking about replacing her in the media each time the team stumbles (all teams do).