PDA

View Full Version : How do you move forward if you're the Cavs?

cmellofan15
03-25-2019, 10:47 AM
So it looks like there's a long rebuild ahead for the Cavs. Some promise has been shown with Sexton lately on the offensive end, and Kevin Love seems to be returning to form.

Moving forward what realistic moves can the Cavs make to return to relevancy any time in the next ten years? Which rookie does this team need? Love and JR Smith can be valuable assets for teams this summer, do they get moved? Do they move forward with Sexton? Thoughts?

TrueFan420
03-25-2019, 11:43 AM
So it looks like there's a long rebuild ahead for the Cavs. Some promise has been shown with Sexton lately on the offensive end, and Kevin Love seems to be returning to form.

Moving forward what realistic moves can the Cavs make to return to relevancy any time in the next ten years? Which rookie does this team need? Love and JR Smith can be valuable assets for teams this summer, do they get moved? Do they move forward with Sexton? Thoughts?

They need to start with new ownership but thatís likely off the table. All vets should look to be moved for assets. Eat bad contracts to get assets. Hope they get good picks and then actually draft well.

Tg11
03-25-2019, 11:56 AM
They need to start with new ownership but thatís likely off the table. All vets should look to be moved for assets. Eat bad contracts to get assets. Hope they get good picks and then actually draft well.

If Zion, Ja or RJ goes there then they can actually turn things around

Hawkeye15
03-25-2019, 11:59 AM
go back to being a terrible franchise prolly

AntiG
03-25-2019, 01:26 PM
they should have blown up the team once LeBron left, starting with Love.

ewing
03-25-2019, 01:35 PM
I don't think there is much to do right now expect try and nail the draft. They have most of the dead weight LeBron saddled them with coming off the books after next year and a couple good looking young pieces with Sexton and Cedi.

Scoots
03-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Develop talent, scheme, culture, suck, draft well.

Vee-Rex
03-25-2019, 07:21 PM
1. Finish bottom 3. Won't do worse than NY right now so we just gotta make sure we maintain a worse record than Chicago.

2. Load up on assets. Trade Tristan, JR, and Clarkson next year.

Gotta bottom again for at least one more year. Would be nice to win a top 3 pick in 2020 and add another top prospect next to Collin and Zion.

I'm actually okay with keeping Love (because we would probably never get a solid offer for him). I think he makes a great tank commander with how often he's injured, and I want our young guys to have a LeBron-castoff vet who won it before to learn from.