PDA

View Full Version : Did Last Night's Blowout Loss @Home to Mavs show that Curry > Durant for Dubs?

LaVar Ball
03-24-2019, 11:50 AM
It's evident that Kevin Durant is not a Golden State Warrior at heart. He's a guy who has won 2 titles and 2 finals mvps in a warriors uniform, but he ain't a Warrior at heart. KD is of the KD brand.

The team was without the heart and soul of the team, Steph Curry, the guy who is a Warrior at heart.

I feel the Warriors won't 3 peat this year, perhaps not even get out of the West this year (I have Houston).

Are the Warriors served better off having KD leave this summer and letting Steph shine like 2x MVP Steph from 2014-16 ?

Thoughts.

goingfor28
03-24-2019, 12:06 PM
KD is twice the player Stef is

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LaVar Ball
03-24-2019, 12:16 PM

So you didn't even understand the gist of this thread then.

We talking about what's best for the team and organization. And That's Steph Curry. Not Kevin Durant

Scoots
03-24-2019, 01:21 PM
I think it shows that the offense moves more with Steph in the game. He's been playing tired for a while so a night off was coming. Him being out was an issue. 2 other players being rested added to it with them playing unusual lineups like starting 10th guy Quinn Cook. Then the team just coming out and sucking happens even with Curry is playing.

The Warriors have enough talent that they always have to take turns and ride the hot player, KD is no different. I think it's just that KD can do so much so easy it looks like there is some kind of problem.

We'll see what happens in the playoffs and after the season, but I think all the talk about KD and the Warriors is just talk. From what I've heard KD has 1 person he talks to about what he thinks about the future and that guy doesn't talk to others. So what you hear in the press is pure speculation.

Curry needs KD and they will need each other more as they age. We'll see.

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:22 PM
We didn't need this thread to know that Steph is the more important piece for the Dubs than KD.

tp13baby
03-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Durant will get his. Curry changes games more. He is the guy that needs to be slowed or stopped for teams to win against them.

Vee-Rex
03-24-2019, 06:19 PM
In the regular season? No doubt.

In the playoffs it's a little closer.

Scoots
03-24-2019, 06:23 PM
In the regular season? No doubt.

In the playoffs it's a little closer.

Agreed

Chronz
03-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Threads like this are why KD is leaving.

The last few years have been predictable but we're almost home boys. The NBA will return next year in earnest

More-Than-Most
03-24-2019, 07:24 PM

this... over the last like 10 games curry has shot horrid several times and they won eveerytime because durant did the heavy lifting. cant wait to see the warriors when durant leaves now that guys like dray and iggy have fallen off.

Chronz
03-24-2019, 07:29 PM
Last night? LOL, try the last 5 years

More-Than-Most
03-24-2019, 07:41 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/08/back-to-back-titles-and-finals-mvps-for-kevin-durant/35863907/

Chronz
03-24-2019, 08:53 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/06/08/back-to-back-titles-and-finals-mvps-for-kevin-durant/35863907/

Yawn.

Allphakenny1
03-25-2019, 12:33 AM
this... over the last like 10 games curry has shot horrid several times and they won eveerytime because durant did the heavy lifting. cant wait to see the warriors when durant leaves now that guys like dray and iggy have fallen off.

literally the opposite is true. Curry has struggled for a stretch now and the Warriors struggled. The Warriors go as Curry goes. When Durant struggles, it does not affect the Warriors wins and losses as much as Curry's struggles. Durant may be a better one on one player, but Curry effects the entire team and therefore, wins and losses more than Durant.

Allphakenny1
03-25-2019, 12:35 AM

At one on one basketball, sure. Five on five, Curry is much more important to wins and losses.

tredigs
03-25-2019, 04:59 AM
Always a great litmus test for who actually understands ball/great way to weed out idiots.