PDA

View Full Version : March madness thread

ewing
03-20-2019, 11:41 PM
St. Johnís vs Az State. Both teams played bad. I canít believe Az state gets Buffalo now. Itís fun but you canít pretend this stuff isnít set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiteWolf
03-21-2019, 07:56 AM
I've never understood play-ins for an 11 seed. Silly example this year being the Pac-12 reps.
Washington gets a 9 seed, best record in the conference but doesn't win conference tournament.
Arizona State has a play-in game, after the 2nd best record in the conference- wins, has an 11 seed
Oregon goes on an 8 game winning streak to finish the season, including beating Arizona State once and Washington twice, the conference championship game beating them badly....they get a 12.
Now, I understand by overall record, but normally being hot coming in also helps.

Another minor quirk; if a team wins their conference tournament championship, it's supposed to be an autobid. NDSU did that yet had to play a play-in game. How is that an autobid?

ewing
03-21-2019, 08:22 AM
I've never understood play-ins for an 11 seed. Silly example this year being the Pac-12 reps.
Washington gets a 9 seed, best record in the conference but doesn't win conference tournament.
Arizona State has a play-in game, after the 2nd best record in the conference- wins, has an 11 seed
Oregon goes on an 8 game winning streak to finish the season, including beating Arizona State once and Washington twice, the conference championship game beating them badly....they get a 12.
Now, I understand by overall record, but normally being hot coming in also helps.

Another minor quirk; if a team wins their conference tournament championship, it's supposed to be an autobid. NDSU did that yet had to play a play-in game. How is that an autobid?

Well they donít consider them play in games. Itís the first round. FDU was also an auto bid.

ewing
03-21-2019, 05:16 PM
How do they time it so all 4 games go to commercial at the same time?

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Ja Morant is balling.

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 06:25 PM
#5 Marquette about to get bounced

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Ja with a triple double. Hasnít been done since Draymond Green in 2012.

Lil Rhody
03-21-2019, 06:53 PM
That should help draft stock. If fultz goes #1 and not make the tourney than this JA gotta get in too 5

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Silent
03-21-2019, 06:59 PM
That passing was sick by morant kid is gonna be fun to watch when he's drafted

kid can shoot and kid loves to pass ain't selfish will make his teammates better and good defender

ewing
03-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Ja Morant is balling.

Looked great today. Really good feel and passing game to go with the escapabilty and hops.

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Nevada getting handled. They played good all year and now they end the season like this.

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 08:39 PM
11-3 run for Nevada. Only down 10.

ewing
03-21-2019, 09:16 PM
11-3 run for Nevada. Only down 10.

Only watched the end of that game and hadnít watched Neveda but #24 was pretty spazzing. Guy had a motor but he looked like he was 3 directions at the same time

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 09:16 PM
Good game, Nevada cut it down to one possession but couldnít close it out.

tp13baby
03-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Because the committee looks at SOS. Not for one second are you going to tell me NDSU deserves to be ranked higher because they are lucky enough to play in a garbage division. Other teams had a stronger body of work. To reward teams just because they win their conference is a terrible way to rank.

Oregon got hot, Washingtonís out of conference schedule was hard. Arizona State out of conference was hard. Oregon is lucky to be in because their body of work was not impressive. They took advantage of a fairly weak pac12.

tp13baby
03-21-2019, 09:20 PM
That should help draft stock. If fultz goes #1 and not make the tourney than this JA gotta get in too 5

Anyone who has watched Morant knows he was a top 5 pick regardless how he balled this tourney. The Suns need a PG bad and this should be their guy.

ewing
03-21-2019, 09:51 PM
Kid on Wofford is hunting Js. Thatís what you gotta do

Bostonjorge
03-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Only watched the end of that game and hadnít watched Neveda but #24 was pretty spazzing. Guy had a motor but he looked like he was 3 directions at the same time

Nevada played 5 seniors and those type of teams are always fun to watch.

tp13baby
03-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Nevada played 5 seniors and those type of teams are always fun to watch.

They underachieved. Went to the sweet 16 last year and basically had everyone returning.

Bostonjorge
03-22-2019, 12:24 AM
They underachieved. Went to the sweet 16 last year and basically had everyone returning.

Yup they definitely underachieved this year. Last run and they ran out of gas.

Good day of basketball.

I got #12 Oregon over #5 Wisconsin. Calling it now.

Tg11
03-22-2019, 07:33 AM
Duke plays tonight against North Dakota...could ND State cause a massive upset tonight by beating Duke? Stranger things have happened...but all I know is Zion had better go off tonight

Me...I'm a North Carolina guy I'm a Tar Heel fan so seeing NC go up against Iona tonight...that's a W

Lil Rhody
03-22-2019, 08:03 AM
Gonna parlay Duke Virginia Tennessee and North Carolina today with the spreads. Last time I threw money on Duke Zion blew out his shoe.....

SiteWolf
03-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Because the committee looks at SOS. Not for one second are you going to tell me NDSU deserves to be ranked higher because they are lucky enough to play in a garbage division. Other teams had a stronger body of work. To reward teams just because they win their conference is a terrible way to rank.

Oregon got hot, Washingtonís out of conference schedule was hard. Arizona State out of conference was hard. Oregon is lucky to be in because their body of work was not impressive. They took advantage of a fairly weak pac12.

NDSU wouldn't have sniffed even the NIT if not for winning the conference tournament after SDSU dorked out of it....that wasn't my point. I wasn't aware an autobid could result in being in a play-in game is all.

re Oregon, I'm aware they wouldn't likely have been in the tournament w/o winning their conference tournament. It just looked odd to me that they'd beat Washington twice in a week, including beating them by 20 the night before selections, had won 8 in a row...and only got a 12 while Washington got a 9. You just don't normally see power 5 conference champs getting a 12 seed.

ewing
03-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Duke plays tonight against North Dakota...could ND State cause a massive upset tonight by beating Duke? Stranger things have happened...but all I know is Zion had better go off tonight

Me...I'm a North Carolina guy I'm a Tar Heel fan so seeing NC go up against Iona tonight...that's a W

I donít love this Duke team and I think they could go out as early the sweet 16 but not this early. Stranger things literally havenít happened. They might not cover the 27

Tg11
03-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Gonna parlay Duke Virginia Tennessee and North Carolina today with the spreads. Last time I threw money on Duke Zion blew out his shoe.....

North Carolina is winning tonight

Lil Rhody
03-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Ole Miss killing me over here

tp13baby
03-22-2019, 02:27 PM
NDSU wouldn't have sniffed even the NIT if not for winning the conference tournament after SDSU dorked out of it....that wasn't my point. I wasn't aware an autobid could result in being in a play-in game is all.

re Oregon, I'm aware they wouldn't likely have been in the tournament w/o winning their conference tournament. It just looked odd to me that they'd beat Washington twice in a week, including beating them by 20 the night before selections, had won 8 in a row...and only got a 12 while Washington got a 9. You just don't normally see power 5 conference champs getting a 12 seed.

If Oregon played a better out of conference schedule they would of been ranked higher. The importance of SOS and RPI especially in non conference games plays a huge factor in seeding.

Also the pac12 has been down for years, it used to be one of the better conferences but now....itís the worst out of the power 5, and definitely worse than the AAC and Big East. They are slightly better than the Mountain West because up and down they are better, but not their top teams.

I donít love this Duke team and I think they could go out as early the sweet 16 but not this early. Stranger things literally havenít happened. They might not cover the 27

If Jones is consistent and plays good the entire tourney I think they will be fine. Cam Reddish can shoot anyone out of games, honestly the most overrated prospect going into next years draft. If jones and Reddish donít show up the same day, they can be upset in the sweet 16...

valade16
03-22-2019, 02:30 PM
If Oregon played a better out of conference schedule they would of been ranked higher. The importance of SOS and RPI especially in non conference games plays a huge factor in seeding.

Also the pac12 has been down for years, it used to be one of the better conferences but now....itís the worst out of the power 5, and definitely worse than the AAC and Big East. They are slightly better than the Mountain West because up and down they are better, but not their top teams.

If Jones is consistent and plays good the entire tourney I think they will be fine. Cam Reddish can shoot anyone out of games, honestly the most overrated prospect going into next years draft. If jones and Reddish donít show up the same day, they can be upset in the sweet 16...

Or if they had played better during their out of conference schedule.

tp13baby
03-22-2019, 02:43 PM
St. Johnís vs Az State. Both teams played bad. I canít believe Az state gets Buffalo now. Itís fun but you canít pretend this stuff isnít set up

I obviously donít get this comment. Buffalo has their 3 best players from last year, the same team that upset Arizona in the first round, beat Syracuse on the road this year and whipped up on their schedule outside of Marquette in the road.

tp13baby
03-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Or if they had played better during their out of conference schedule.

I mean yeah that obviously helps. But just scheduling good teams to boast your RPI and SOS.

Wofford for example. I bet no one can tell me another team in their conference. Let alone what conference they are in. They went 18-0 in conference play. Grabbed a 7th seed. Pac12 winner gets a 12 seed finishing 3rd in the conference. Wofford lost 4 games. Oklahoma, UNC, Kansas, Mississippi St.

Oregon seed is lower than I suspected donít get me wrong. But Woffors beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to teams that boasted their RPI.

Lil Rhody
03-22-2019, 03:37 PM
Man oh man Virginia getting flashbacks

valade16
03-22-2019, 03:48 PM
I mean yeah that obviously helps. But just scheduling good teams to boast your RPI and SOS.

Wofford for example. I bet no one can tell me another team in their conference. Let alone what conference they are in. They went 18-0 in conference play. Grabbed a 7th seed. Pac12 winner gets a 12 seed finishing 3rd in the conference. Wofford lost 4 games. Oklahoma, UNC, Kansas, Mississippi St.

Oregon seed is lower than I suspected donít get me wrong. But Woffors beat the teams they were supposed to and lost to teams that boasted their RPI.

Very true. As an Oregon fan I just think we were not great at the beginning of the season. We were too reliant on Bol and his hype and we didn't have a cohesive idea of what we wanted to be. Him getting injured was a blessing in disguise. I've always felt Dana Altman is a good coach and his teams get better as the season goes along, but the one and done fad sort of ruined his coaching to start the year.

We'll see if we can get past Wisconsin, it'll be tough but we've been lights out defensively in the past 10 games or so.

Bostonjorge
03-22-2019, 05:15 PM
Oregon game is a fun game as advertised

tp13baby
03-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Very true. As an Oregon fan I just think we were not great at the beginning of the season. We were too reliant on Bol and his hype and we didn't have a cohesive idea of what we wanted to be. Him getting injured was a blessing in disguise. I've always felt Dana Altman is a good coach and his teams get better as the season goes along, but the one and done fad sort of ruined his coaching to start the year.

We'll see if we can get past Wisconsin, it'll be tough but we've been lights out defensively in the past 10 games or so.

Altman is the man. Oregon also has a young team too. I know there are talks about Bol leaving, but if he returns for a year and dominates he is a top 5 pick. If Bol returns with the guards who were 4 stars, and end up with whaat might be the best class in the nation. This team will be a top 5 team for the foreseeable future.

tp13baby
03-22-2019, 07:11 PM
Man oh man Virginia getting flashbacks

They play methodical, slow the pace down type of team. Offensively what killed them was turnovers in the first. But defensively this team is elite and they can lock down anyone in the country. I fully expect them to loosen up this tourney.

valade16
03-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Altman is the man. Oregon also has a young team too. I know there are talks about Bol leaving, but if he returns for a year and dominates he is a top 5 pick. If Bol returns with the guards who were 4 stars, and end up with what might be the best class in the nation. This team will be a top 5 team for the foreseeable future.

Well we dominated Wisconsin in the 2nd half so that's a good sign. We now face UC Irvine, which is possibly the only team hotter than the Ducks riding a 17 game winning streak. Should be a great 12 v 13 game.

I had no idea Oregon was close to the top recruiting class in Basketball.

Lil Rhody
03-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Liking today's games better than yesterday! At least the low seeds are fighting

flea
03-22-2019, 08:14 PM
They play methodical, slow the pace down type of team. Offensively what killed them was turnovers in the first. But defensively this team is elite and they can lock down anyone in the country. I fully expect them to loosen up this tourney.

I worry about their size. They're elite but big teams can abuse them and Hunter, while a great college player, hasn't turned into what I thought he could be last year yet - which is a go-to scorer.

Bostonjorge
03-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Steve Nash god son Barrett or Ray Allenís nephew Ja?

Barrett going to play PG in the NBA like Ja.

ewing
03-22-2019, 10:18 PM
I obviously donít get this comment. Buffalo has their 3 best players from last year, the same team that upset Arizona in the first round, beat Syracuse on the road this year and whipped up on their schedule outside of Marquette in the road.

I donít get your comment either. I was only commenting on how obvious it is that the NCAA set the backets to maximize narratives. Hurley vs Buffalo, Pinto vs Louisville...,

Scoots
03-22-2019, 11:14 PM
Every year a 12th seed advances ... this year 3 have.

Bostonjorge
03-23-2019, 03:11 PM
Murray State vs Florida State going to be a fun game

Heediot
03-23-2019, 06:22 PM
ja morant is giving it to fsu. on fire early on

kentucky needs pj wasington back. offense seems anemic. maybe they get their stroke in another game. they need an inside presence to open up the floor as well offensively.

SiteWolf
03-24-2019, 07:57 AM
Altman is the man. Oregon also has a young team too. I know there are talks about Bol leaving, but if he returns for a year and dominates he is a top 5 pick. If Bol returns with the guards who were 4 stars, and end up with whaat might be the best class in the nation. This team will be a top 5 team for the foreseeable future.

I thought Bol Bol had already announced he was leaving...but he also has a loss of value policy if his injury drops him in the draft and if that isn't for enough he may return to build his value. The Ducks definitely had to reinvent themselves after he went down, but appear to have done just that. I had just gone into this year thinking the team might do what the 2015-6 team couldn't...losing Bol greatly reduced the expectations so getting to the Sweet 16 would still be great.

Tg11
03-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Ja Morant went off but Murray State still lost

SiteWolf
03-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Ja Morant went off but Murray State still lost

Fletcher Magee was 0-13 from 3 and Wofford still almost won.....well, they coulda

ewing
03-24-2019, 06:11 PM
Fletcher Magee was 0-13 from 3 and Wofford still almost won.....well, they coulda

But they still didnít cover

ewing
03-24-2019, 06:12 PM
Zion actually looks a little slow today but he is still a savage. Could be injuries could just be tried dudeís been doing a ton of heavy lifting after in injury

ewing
03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
Anyone else think this Zion is a poor manís Corliss Williamson?

Chronz
03-24-2019, 06:39 PM

Corliss Williamson punked Kobe so bad in the post he made him gain 15 lbs in the offseason. Zion would make Shaq put on 10.

Chronz
03-24-2019, 06:41 PM
who tf is this tall mofo

Chronz
03-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Zion actually looks a little slow today but he is still a savage. Could be injuries could just be tried dudeís been doing a ton of heavy lifting after in injury

what a fatso

ewing
03-24-2019, 06:50 PM
what a fatso

You just wait to the Knicks lose the draft lottery, draft Bol Bol, sign Demarcus Cousins in free agency, and I kill myself

ewing
03-24-2019, 06:50 PM
who tf is this tall mofo

Thatís taco

SiteWolf
03-24-2019, 11:54 PM
But they still didnít cover

yes, because that's what it's all about, whether a team covers...

SiteWolf
03-24-2019, 11:55 PM

anyone else think Duke deserved to lose?

goingfor28
03-25-2019, 12:33 AM
anyone else think Duke deserved to lose?Yes. UCF screwed up trying to get cute with that alley oop attempt up 4 with like 1:30 to go. That was dumb. Should have just held onto the ball, used the clock and try to get off the best shot possible. Then there was the Zion offensive foul that wasn't called as well on his last drive.
But, Duke got called for a bogus foul on a UCF 3 a few min prior to all of this as well.
Duke got lucky, but UCF screwed up too.

ewing
03-25-2019, 05:58 AM
Yes. UCF screwed up trying to get cute with that alley oop attempt up 4 with like 1:30 to go. That was dumb. Should have just held onto the ball, used the clock and try to get off the best shot possible. Then there was the Zion offensive foul that wasn't called as well on his last drive.
But, Duke got called for a bogus foul on a UCF 3 a few min prior to all of this as well.
Duke got lucky, but UCF screwed up too.

What about the bogus offensive foul that was called on Zion a couple possessions before that? Or what should have been Tacoís 4th foul when he hammered him early in the 2nd half? It was a tight game and Duke was very lucky they somehow missed an easy dunk and that Dawkins tip that looked like it was going down rolled out. Still they werenít given the game by the refs though or the other team. Both teams played well and Duke got out by the skin of there teeth

goingfor28
03-25-2019, 10:33 AM
What about the bogus offensive foul that was called on Zion a couple possessions before that? Or what should have been Tacoís 4th foul when he hammered him early in the 2nd half? It was a tight game and Duke was very lucky they somehow missed an easy dunk and that Dawkins tip that looked like it was going down rolled out. Still they werenít given the game by the refs though or the other team. Both teams played well and Duke got out by the skin of there teeth

I didn't watch the entire game, so I'm sure I missed some stuff.
Watched the first half, went and ran errands then watched the last 3 mins or so.
Couldn't believe neither of UCFs last second shots went in, especially the follow tip with about 2 sec left.

I also think it's crazy that there is only one team higher than 5 still left going into the sweet 16. Usually there are a few. And for every 1-2-3 seed to still be in it seems super rare.

ewing
03-25-2019, 02:47 PM
I didn't watch the entire game, so I'm sure I missed some stuff.
Watched the first half, went and ran errands then watched the last 3 mins or so.
Couldn't believe neither of UCFs last second shots went in, especially the follow tip with about 2 sec left.

I also think it's crazy that there is only one team higher than 5 still left going into the sweet 16. Usually there are a few. And for every 1-2-3 seed to still be in it seems super rare.

Yeah I was sure the tip was going in. In that respect they definitely got lucky. Also a kid missing a dunk he makes 999 out of 1000 times is pretty lucky

tredigs
03-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Tennessee Purdue combine to shoot 5-18 from the line in the 1st half. God I hate college basketball.

tredigs
03-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Their raining 3's in the Ten/Purdue game though. Epic comeback from Tennessee to take the lead after being down 18 in the 2nd. Should be a good finish.

Lil Rhody
03-28-2019, 09:29 PM
Damn this Tennessee game

ewing
03-28-2019, 09:32 PM
Their raining 3's in the Ten/Purdue game though. Epic comeback from Tennessee to take the lead after being down 18 in the 2nd. Should be a good finish.

Kline will remember this as the greatest night of his life win or lose

SiteWolf
03-29-2019, 03:18 AM
dammit Oregon, you were RIGHT THERE!

Now I gotta cheer AGAINST your women's team tonight....

Bostonjorge
03-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Auburn was on fire. Smaked North Carolina.

ewing
03-29-2019, 09:44 PM
Auburn was on fire. Smaked North Carolina.

Yeah. I thought it was going to be a good game but if anyone got up big I thought it was going to be UNC

ewing
03-29-2019, 09:44 PM
Zion time

ewing
03-29-2019, 09:49 PM
Zion has been handling the ball less since the injury and mishandling it more. Last game he lost the handle a bunch

ewing
03-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Does Zion ever come out of games?

ewing
03-30-2019, 12:06 AM
Wow, Duke by the skin of there teeth again

ewing
03-30-2019, 12:08 AM
Love Ian Eagle

Bostonjorge
03-30-2019, 12:09 AM
Duke is becoming pay per view

Bostonjorge
03-30-2019, 12:11 AM
Jones played a big game. He showed he can play at the next level. Duke also played with a top 4 draft pick in Cam.

ewing
03-30-2019, 12:17 AM
I hate it when coach cal wins

goingfor28
03-30-2019, 12:25 AM
Back to back games Duke has gotten super lucky.

SiteWolf
03-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Back to back games Duke has gotten super lucky.

and yet media monkeys, while acknowledging that, still say if they reseeded they'd put Duke #1 overall

tredigs
03-30-2019, 10:52 AM
Duke just doesn't know what they are doing on either end. It's the Zion show, and he can only do so much. Gonzaga has clearly been the best team. They should take it.

Heediot
03-30-2019, 04:08 PM
and yet media monkeys, while acknowledging that, still say if they reseeded they'd put Duke #1 overall

yeah. they are reaching for reasons to confirm their preconceived biases.

SiteWolf
03-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Gonzaga just got ROYALLY ripped on that blocked shot 'save' by Tech.....how do neither the refs or the announcers (initially) see the blocker's foot clearly out of bounds?!

Yet suddenly the Zags are now down 2 with 22.1 seconds left as I type

goingfor28
03-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Gonzaga just got ROYALLY ripped on that blocked shot 'save' by Tech.....how do neither the refs or the announcers (initially) see the blocker's foot clearly out of bounds?!

Yet suddenly the Zags are now down 2 with 22.1 seconds left as I typeAnd then they royally Fd themselves with that dumb *** fouling the inbounds passer lol

Heediot
03-30-2019, 09:16 PM

Yet suddenly the Zags are now down 2 with 22.1 seconds left as I typeduring the block and the save, his feet were not out of bounds. with the block he was clearly in bound, he did step on the line before he made the save. But when he made the save he was (his feet body) in mid air so that doesn't count as out of bounds.

tredigs
03-30-2019, 09:51 PM
Tech earned that. Massive parity this year.

goingfor28
03-30-2019, 10:49 PM
This Edwards kid has 40 for Purdue. Their 2nd leading scorer has 6 lol

ewing
03-30-2019, 11:08 PM
Boo Virginia

Heediot
03-30-2019, 11:10 PM
refs might have ****ed up. i think the tap back off the ft miss was a backcourt violation. okete made the tying shot at the buzzer but should not have counted possibly. not so sure though.

Heediot
03-30-2019, 11:11 PM
Boo Virginia

duke wants virginia. they own them this year, so y'all should be cool with that if you make it to the finals vs. them.

tredigs
03-30-2019, 11:20 PM
This Edwards kid has 40 for Purdue. Their 2nd leading scorer has 6 lol

34% 3pt shooter went off

SiteWolf
03-31-2019, 07:47 AM
during the block and the save, his feet were not out of bounds. with the block he was clearly in bound, he did step on the line before he made the save. But when he made the save he was (his feet body) in mid air so that doesn't count as out of bounds.

not true....once he stepped out of bounds he was out of bounds until he reestablished himself inbounds again....which he hadn't.....so he would still be considered out of bounds even tho he was in the air when he knocked the ball to his teammate

Heediot
03-31-2019, 09:50 AM
not true....once he stepped out of bounds he was out of bounds until he reestablished himself inbounds again....which he hadn't.....so he would still be considered out of bounds even tho he was in the air when he knocked the ball to his teammate

i see. just thought that was a football type of rule (reestablishing).

ewing
03-31-2019, 02:42 PM
duke wants virginia. they own them this year, so y'all should be cool with that if you make it to the finals vs. them.

I enjoyed watching Perdue in the tournament so I was rooting for them. I think Dukes run ends today. Weíll see

goingfor28
03-31-2019, 04:51 PM
Always nice seeing Kentucky and Coach Cal lose

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:04 PM
some sick games in the elite 8 so far. looking forward to another one to close it out.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 05:06 PM
I enjoyed watching Perdue in the tournament so I was rooting for them. I think Dukes run ends today. Weíll see

i'd take carsen as my backup pg, anyday. dude was lit. he has the game that can translate.

zn23
03-31-2019, 06:02 PM
The only reason I watch NCAA, which is otherwise boring and awful basketball, is to watch players like Zion.

If Duke loses, no one will care about the Final Four. I'd expect the ratings to plummet big time.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 06:07 PM
The only reason I watch NCAA, which is otherwise boring and awful basketball, is to watch players like Zion.

If Duke loses, no one will care about the Final Four. I'd expect the ratings to plummet big time.

I actually think its closer to pure basketball. I like the style better, same with european/fiba ball. The only thing about college is since prospects started bolting earlier, the talent level has decreased. If more talent stayed to be refined vs. chasing the money (understandable), the product would be better s well, Personally though, I don't care about the talent level, I still like better vs. nba.

zn23
03-31-2019, 06:14 PM
Coach K is getting badly exposed here. Duke is just getting by on athleticism. No plays are being run.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 06:38 PM
Coach K is getting badly exposed here. Duke is just getting by on athleticism. No plays are being run.

yeah. i think jay wright put on a clinic last year with his run.

SiteWolf
03-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Down goes Puke
Down goes Puke

zn23
03-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Welp, there goes the tournament.

I guess I want Virginia to win as the lone no.1 seed.

goingfor28
03-31-2019, 07:16 PM

If Duke loses, no one will care about the Final Four. I'd expect the ratings to plummet big time.The NCAA tournament is 10x better than the NBA playoffs. And now with Duke out, it's even better.

zn23
03-31-2019, 07:24 PM
The NCAA tournament is 10x better than the NBA playoffs. And now with Duke out, it's even better.

It's more unpredictable and easier to watch since there's way more parity involved and because it's a one-and-done format. But the quality of basketball is a lot worse.

zn23
03-31-2019, 07:29 PM
Coach K is definitely not the best coach of all time. He benefits from hype and being allowed to coach team USA. That's why he's able to get the best recruits. Tom Izzo proved to be a superior coach with lesser talent but a more disciplined team.

More-Than-Most
03-31-2019, 07:52 PM
zion cant even dominate kids when he is 9 million times bigger/stronger... he gonna get rocked by nba men

goingfor28
03-31-2019, 08:09 PM
It's more unpredictable and easier to watch since there's way more parity involved and because it's a one-and-done format. But the quality of basketball is a lot worse.The NBA is a 3 pt shooting flop fest. Far from quality basketball.

Heediot
03-31-2019, 09:15 PM
zion cant even dominate kids when he is 9 million times bigger/stronger... he gonna get rocked by nba men

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1112500333803171841/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwte rm%5E1112500333803171841&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2F

SiteWolf
03-31-2019, 11:27 PM
It's more unpredictable and easier to watch since there's way more parity involved and because it's a one-and-done format. But the quality of basketball is a lot worse.

you find 'quality' in the NBA game? It's streetball with biased and inconsistent officiating....and players who are harder and harder to get behind whether it's because they're colluding to form super teams or they're fathering 10 kids

SiteWolf
03-31-2019, 11:28 PM

exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement

ewing
04-01-2019, 09:50 AM

the quality of your posting is suspect at best

AlexDenholm
04-03-2019, 02:33 PM
Gonna be number 2 in the draft now for sure !

MannyWood
04-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Coach K is definitely not the best coach of all time. He benefits from hype and being allowed to coach team USA. That's why he's able to get the best recruits. Tom Izzo proved to be a superior coach with lesser talent but a more disciplined team.

This is false. Izzo had a veteran team and it showed. Coach K did great when he had veteran teams, he also won a title with a 1 and done team a few years back. Look at the teams in the final 4, they are all veteran teams that have been together a few years.

zn23
04-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Does anyone even care about this anymore?

tp13baby
04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
I love college basketball. Itís more about coaching then the NBA is. Systems, styles, offense, defense. No surprise Jay Wright with his 4 out offense last year, and now Virginia pace of play are the teams. Itís a beauty to watch if your are a pure basketball fan.

basch152
04-06-2019, 09:37 PM
refs just called a defensive foul on a play where the only contact was the offensive player putting his arm into the defensive player.

nCaA rEfS aRe BetTeR

SiteWolf
04-07-2019, 08:21 AM
Does anyone even care about this anymore?

quite obviously

CityofTreez
04-07-2019, 01:07 PM
**** Texas Tech, but Big XII representing!

tp13baby
04-07-2019, 05:53 PM
**** Texas Tech, but Big XII representing!

The big 12 needed it, terrible showing from the conference in the big tourney.

ewing
04-08-2019, 10:40 PM
It all going to come down to who wants it more

dhopisthename
04-08-2019, 11:55 PM
what a horrible use of replay. the Rules need to be changed. you shouldn't be able to knock the ball out of bounds and it be off the offensive player.

tp13baby
04-09-2019, 12:11 AM
what a horrible use of replay. the Rules need to be changed. you shouldn't be able to knock the ball out of bounds and it be off the offensive player.

Huh? If replay shows itís off a hand it should be called as such. If there is any doubt then the call would stand.

dhopisthename
04-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Huh? If replay shows itís off a hand it should be called as such. If there is any doubt then the call would stand.

I can't dispute it is the right call, but if that play happened at any other juncture where replay couldn't be used Texas Tech gets the ball and Virginia doesn't even argue the call. I wonder how often you could slow down a ball that gets knocked out like that and the offensive player is the last to touch it. I literally have no idea, but I can guarantee you that that ball goes to Texas Tech 100% of the time without replay. they probably need a rule change. the rules weren't created so you could in HD slow mow check if the ball hit a the pinky of the player holding the ball.

zn23
04-09-2019, 01:18 AM
Shame that there were no NBA games tonight and instead we got this game... btw, did anyone actually watch this?

Heediot
04-09-2019, 06:25 AM
Shame that there were no NBA games tonight and instead we got this game... btw, did anyone actually watch this?

It was great game. You missed out.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Heediot
04-09-2019, 06:25 AM
Great redemption story for Virginia. Props to TT as well.

JAZZNC
04-09-2019, 07:48 AM
It's out of bounds on whoever touched the ball last. It was the correct call so the replay worked.

SiteWolf
04-09-2019, 08:31 AM
It's out of bounds on whoever touched the ball last. It was the correct call so the replay worked.

how do you view it as the correct call when there was NO replay that REMOTELY confirmed it was justified to overturn that......and that possession turned the game in VA's favor

SiteWolf
04-09-2019, 08:33 AM

there are NEVER NBA games on Championship night....or during Final 4 games for that matter...it allows NBA players to enjoy these games, too
the stadium was full, the ratings were good........yet you apparently like to post in here like because YOU don't, NObody watches

redsox12
04-09-2019, 11:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHc2C-GIH4

ewing
04-09-2019, 03:03 PM

Given the number of years you have been posting here one would think you would have learned something about basketball but if it happened you are yet to demonstrate it

CityofTreez
04-09-2019, 06:41 PM
there are NEVER NBA games on Championship night....or during Final 4 games for that matter...it allows NBA players to enjoy these games, too
the stadium was full, the ratings were good........yet you apparently like to post in here like because YOU don't, NObody watches

Dudes from Canada so he watches the Frozen Four lol

goingfor28
04-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Shame that there were no NBA games tonight and instead we got this game... btw, did anyone actually watch this?Yes. All of it. It was a great game.