PDA

View Full Version : Does the media wield too much power? Should the Hornets campaign for Kemba?

Chronz
03-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Just 1 example but if Kemba makes an All-NBA team this year, hes eligible for a supermax. Media holds the vote on how much money Kemba can make this year.

If you're the Hornets, do you even want him to make the cut?

KG2TB
03-20-2019, 06:49 PM
Yes, the media has too much power.

Scoots
03-20-2019, 10:56 PM
If he makes the cut he's more likely to stay with the Hornets ... without him the Hornets might as well close up shop.

I'm okay with post-season awards having an effect on max contracts.

Cal827
03-21-2019, 12:44 AM
Pretty much what Scoots said. It's probably starting to take a toll on him that his team is absolute garbage. I mean he loves it there, but I'm sure if he isn't offered the supermax, that he would at least listen to a couple offers. There are a few teams out there that could help vastly increase the value of his brand, and can offer him near to what the Hornets could (assuming no supermax).. For example, the Lakers/Knicks will almost certainly be interested and other teams like the Heat/Bucks/Suns/Pacers/Spurs might test the waters.

dhopisthename
03-21-2019, 01:47 PM
I think the rules might need tweeking. I think its absurb that the hornets might get screwed into giving him a supermax because in a contract year he barely makes the all nba team when I don't know that he has gotten very many votes for an all nba team at any other point.

smith&wesson
03-21-2019, 02:34 PM
The media should have no votes at all.... Itís ridiculous. How do you avoid bias if a media person hates you and judges you based on personal bias. I know thereís some kings reporters that hate Cousins for example.

Scoots
03-21-2019, 03:01 PM
The media should have no votes at all.... Itís ridiculous. How do you avoid bias if a media person hates you and judges you based on personal bias. I know thereís some kings reporters that hate Cousins for example.

You overcome by having many people vote. The general public are terrible, the players are terrible, the coaches are terrible. I actually think the press takes it far more seriously than most.

ewing
03-21-2019, 03:03 PM
I blame social media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk