PDA

View Full Version : Your team's all-time team?

valade16
03-19-2019, 05:38 PM
So I've been doing a sim league with my brother that features every all-time team (though every player is only in the league once, so if Shaq is on the Lakers all-time team, he can't be on the Magic), and I'm curious what people think their team's all-time team would be.

So what is your team's all-time team?

For my Blazers:

PG: Damian Lillard | Terry Porter
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Clyde Drexler | Jerome Kersey | Clifford Robinson
PF: Rasheed Wallace | LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Bill Walton | Arvydas Sabonis

I think these are the most important/best players in Blazers history (though if I had 12 spots I'd probably have Maurice Lucas on there).

ewing
03-19-2019, 06:10 PM
Good thread. Iíll definitely come back to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
03-19-2019, 07:09 PM
Can you count the prime of any player who ever was on the team even if they were not on the team in their prime? Or are those players only available to the team they spent the most time on? Or can only count for their "best" season?

For instance, can the Bucks claim Kareem since he was on the team first and arguably for his "prime"? Can the Lakers take Wilt despite him only finishing his career there?

dhopisthename
03-19-2019, 07:36 PM
John Stockton/Deron Williams
Pete Maravich/Darrell Griffith/Jeff Hornaceck
Adrian Dantley/Andrei Kirilenko
Karl Malone/Carlos Boozer
Rudy Gobert/Mark Eaton

valade16
03-19-2019, 07:38 PM
Can you count the prime of any player who ever was on the team even if they were not on the team in their prime? Or are those players only available to the team they spent the most time on? Or can only count for their "best" season?

For instance, can the Bucks claim Kareem since he was on the team first and arguably for his "prime"? Can the Lakers take Wilt despite him only finishing his career there?

Well in general I went with where the player was the best at (or where they meant the most to the franchise). For instance, the Boston Celtics wouldn't put Shaq on their all-time team because he didn't mean enough and wasn't good when he played there.

So if someone were to say what is the best/most important collection of players for an all-time team in Warriors history, who would be on it?

I'm guessing Curry, Klay, Dray. I'm guessing Rick Barry, Chris Mullin, Wilt Chamberlain. Who else? Would KD make it? Would Nate Thurmond? Paul Arizin?

valade16
03-19-2019, 07:39 PM
John Stockton/Deron Williams
Pete Maravich/Darrell Griffith/Jeff Hornaceck
Adrian Dantley/Andrei Kirilenko
Karl Malone/Carlos Boozer
Rudy Gobert/Mark Eaton

Minus Darrell Griffith this is the exact team I have for Utah, so I guess I did alright making them lol.

dhopisthename
03-19-2019, 07:44 PM
Minus Darrell Griffith this is the exact team I have for Utah, so I guess I did alright making them lol.

the Jazz are honestly pretty easy. Donovan probably makes the squad next year if he plays like he has the past few months.

valade16
03-19-2019, 07:46 PM
the Jazz are honestly pretty easy. Donovan probably makes the squad next year if he plays like he has the past few months.

He would knock out Hornacek and Griffith to you?

I originally had it at 12 roster spots but it was very difficult to get those extra 2 guys for a ton of teams so I dropped it down to 10. May have to move it back to 12 in a few years.

Chronz
03-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Well in general I went with where the player was the best at (or where they meant the most to the franchise). For instance, the Boston Celtics wouldn't put Shaq on their all-time team because he didn't mean enough and wasn't good when he played there.

So if someone were to say what is the best/most important collection of players for an all-time team in Warriors history, who would be on it?

I'm guessing Curry, Klay, Dray. I'm guessing Rick Barry, Chris Mullin, Wilt Chamberlain. Who else? Would KD make it? Would Nate Thurmond? Paul Arizin?

Shaq was good man, I saw them celtics very closely that year, if that shaq stays healthy, they win the chip .

KD makes it man longevity be damned

Jamiecballer
03-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Starting 5:
Kyle Lowry
Doug Christie
Vince Carter
Kawhi Leonard
Donyell Marshall

Reserves:
Tracy McGrady
Jonas Valanciunas
Chris Bosh
Amir Johnson
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Dell Curry

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IndyRealist
03-19-2019, 08:14 PM
Including ABA:
Mark Jackson/Freddie Lewis
Reggie Miller/Billy Knight
Paul George/Roger Brown
Jermaine O'Neal/Detlef Schrempf
George McGinnis/Mel Daniels

NBA only:
Mark Jackson/Vern Fleming
Reggie Miller/Jalen Rose
Paul George/Danny Granger
Detlef Schrempf/Dale Davis
Jermaine O'Neal/Rik Smits

GREATNESS ONE
03-19-2019, 08:15 PM
Lakers

Chronz
03-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Including ABA:
Paul George/Roger Brown

NBA only:
Reggie Miller/Jalen Rose

Oneal is a better center than McGinnis, so says my former roomy who has followed the Pacers since MJ was popular

Redrum187
03-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Get off that DM kool-aid. He is really overrated. He is even less efficient than he was his rookie season (TS% of .527), lower win percentage (.076/48), and is relatively average defensively but is really short for a SG.

Jeff Hornacek, while being equally small for a SG, obliterates virtually every aspect of the game in comparison to DM.

Insert: "But the Jazz don't have anyone to score for them so DM is forced to take tough shots. See now, that excuses the fact he's subpar."

IndyRealist
03-19-2019, 09:29 PM
Oneal is a better center than McGinnis, so says my former roomy who has followed the Pacers since MJ was popular

I slotted O'Neal at PF so I could get McGinnis and Mel Daniels both in. Besides, O'Neal was a better PF than he was a center with the Pacers.

Redrum187
03-19-2019, 09:55 PM
I've watch mostly Spurs and Maverick games so I guess I'll do the Mavericks (not sure there are many fans here).

PG: Steve Nash - Jason Kidd - Derek Harper
SG: Luka Doncic - Michael Finley - Jason Terry
SF: Mark Aguirre - Rolando Blackman
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Sam Perkins
C: James Donaldson (an All Star for Dallas in 1988 scoring 7 points and grabbing 9 rebounds :confused:)

I decided to punt the Center depth because virtually every Center who spent their prime in Dallas was absolute trash. I wanted to use Tyson Chandler, Dennis Rodman, Shawn Marion, Peja Stojackovic, Andrew Bogut, and Elton Brand but none of them played their prime for Dallas or more than 1 consecutive year with the exception of Shawn Marion. This team sucks. :laugh:

AntiG
03-19-2019, 10:11 PM
Shaq was good man, I saw them celtics very closely that year, if that shaq stays healthy, they win the chip .

yeah Shaq was very good that season, hence why Ainge took the plunge and traded Perkins. We definitely would have taken home #17 had he not gotten hurt. Unfortunately Shaq's body didn't hold up in the end for us. Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, and Rasheed Wallace all did great jobs in Boston but unfortunately at the tail ends of their careers.

valade16
03-19-2019, 10:23 PM
Starting 5:
Kyle Lowry
Doug Christie
Kawhi Leonard
Donyell Marshall
Chris Bosh

Reserves:
Tracy McGrady
Jonas Valanciunas
Lou Williams
Amir Johnson
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Dell Curry

No Vince Carter or DeMar DeRozan? Also, because he was more impactful in Orlando and Houston, I had to use T-Mac elsewhere. Here is my Toronto team:

PG: Kyle Lowry | Damon Stoudamire
SG: Vince Carter | Doug Christie | DeMar DeRozan
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Chris Bosh | Antonio Davis
C: Jonas Valanciunas | Andrea Bargnani

I'll admit for Bargnani I just threw him on because I couldn't think of any other impactful Toronto big men lol.

Sounds like I need to swap him out for Donyell Marshall or Amir Johnson. Not sure if I can fit Lou Williams or Morris Peterson, except in place of Damon Stoudamire maybe?

valade16
03-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Including ABA:
Paul George/Roger Brown

NBA only:
Reggie Miller/Jalen Rose

My Indiana team is a hybrid of yours:

PG: Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller | Jalen Rose
SF: Paul George | Danny Granger
PF: Jermaine O'Neal | George McGinnis | Dale Davis
C: Mel Daniels | Rik Smits

Seems like I got pretty close.

Detlef Schrempf is on the Sonics (I split the Sonics and OKC up).

valade16
03-19-2019, 10:28 PM
I've watch mostly Spurs and Maverick games so I guess I'll do the Mavericks (not sure there are many fans here).

C: James Donaldson (an All Star for Dallas in 1988 scoring 7 points and grabbing 9 rebounds :confused:)

I decided to punt the Center depth because virtually every Center who spent their prime in Dallas was absolute trash. I wanted to use Tyson Chandler, Dennis Rodman, Shawn Marion, Peja Stojackovic, Andrew Bogut, and Elton Brand but none of them played their prime for Dallas or more than 1 consecutive year with the exception of Shawn Marion. This team sucks. :laugh:

Unfortunately for Dallas Nash is on Phoenix and Kidd is on New Jersey, my Dallas team is:

PG: Derek Harper | Jason Terry
SG: Michael Finley | Rolando Blackman
SF: Mark Aguirre | Josh Howard
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Sam Perkins
C: Tyson Chandler | Roy Tarpley

I will be glad when the sim includes Doncic next year so I can dump Josh Howard lol. I ended up putting Tyson at C for them because I justified it as he was an integral piece on their only championship and they would absolutely blow without him.

Though the team sucking shouldn't be a problem since Dirk is so good at carrying bad teams :)

valade16
03-19-2019, 10:42 PM

Agreed. Unfortunately for GS KD is on OKC, though their team is still stacked without him.

Scoots
03-19-2019, 11:40 PM

I asked because you said each player only gets to be on one team. You are leaving it open to debate :)

Using your standard I'd say Kareem is a Buck and Wilt is a Warrior but I'm sure others would disagree.

KD won his only titles on the Warriors but I don't think OKC would give him up.

LeBron was drafted by and played more for the Cavs but won more in Miami. I think he'd be a Cav.

I'd like to have Mitch Richmond, but he probably should be a King.

Curry
Mullin (just barely over Thompson)
Barry
Thurmond
Wilt

Boy that team can move the ball, score, and good luck winning the rebound battle. Defense may be a bit of an issue.

Scoots
03-19-2019, 11:42 PM
No Vince Carter or DeMar DeRozan? Also, because he was more impactful in Orlando and Houston, I had to use T-Mac elsewhere. Here is my Toronto team:

I'll admit for Bargnani I just threw him on because I couldn't think of any other impactful Toronto big men lol.

Sounds like I need to swap him out for Donyell Marshall or Amir Johnson. Not sure if I can fit Lou Williams or Morris Peterson, except in place of Damon Stoudamire maybe?

I don't think you can take Kawhi from the Spurs.

valade16
03-19-2019, 11:47 PM
I asked because you said each player only gets to be on one team. You are leaving it open to debate :)

Using your standard I'd say Kareem is a Buck and Wilt is a Warrior but I'm sure others would disagree.

KD won his only titles on the Warriors but I don't think OKC would give him up.

LeBron was drafted by and played more for the Cavs but won more in Miami. I think he'd be a Cav.

I'd like to have Mitch Richmond, but he probably should be a King.

Curry
Mullin (just barely over Thompson)
Barry
Thurmond
Wilt

Boy that team can move the ball, score, and good luck winning the rebound battle. Defense may be a bit of an issue.

I am. In fact the main reason I started this thread was to see if I put the players on the correct teams lol.

As for who you mentioned. Boston and the Lakers were so good I split each of them into 2 teams so Kareem went on LAL 1 and Shaq on LAL 2.

KD is on the Thunder (in large part because they'd suck without him lol).

LeBron is a Cav, Richmond is a King (it helps that GS is loaded at the guard/wings).

As for Wilt, he is a Warrior, however the Warriors are OP with him on it. Currently the team is:

PG: Steph Curry | Sleepy Floyd
SG: Chris Mullin | Klay Thompson | Jason Richardson
SF: Rick Barry
PF: Draymond Green | David Lee
C: Nate Thurmond | Joe Barry Carroll

But I'm wondering if there's anyone I missed in place of Lee or possibly Floyd. Regardless, through my young season they are 8-4 and have the 2nd highest PPG of any team I'm simming.

I don't think you can take Kawhi from the Spurs.

The main reason I did that is because the Spurs are simply too good with him (Parker, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan, D-Rob is crazy good) and because Toronto would be completely inept without him lol. If he doesn't re-sign however, I'll have to figure out what to do.

Jamiecballer
03-19-2019, 11:52 PM

Sounds like I need to swap him out for Donyell Marshall or Amir Johnson. Not sure if I can fit Lou Williams or Morris Peterson, except in place of Damon Stoudamire maybe?Ha! I totally forgot VC. I got caught up trying to figure out where to place all our wings since that's where 90% of our talent was and loved Christie's defense on SG's and PG's.

Scoots
03-20-2019, 12:11 AM
I am. In fact the main reason I started this thread was to see if I put the players on the correct teams lol.

As for who you mentioned. Boston and the Lakers were so good I split each of them into 2 teams so Kareem went on LAL 1 and Shaq on LAL 2.

KD is on the Thunder (in large part because they'd suck without him lol).

LeBron is a Cav, Richmond is a King (it helps that GS is loaded at the guard/wings).

As for Wilt, he is a Warrior, however the Warriors are OP with him on it. Currently the team is:

PG: Steph Curry | Sleepy Floyd
SG: Chris Mullin | Klay Thompson | Jason Richardson
SF: Rick Barry
PF: Draymond Green | David Lee
C: Nate Thurmond | Joe Barry Carroll

But I'm wondering if there's anyone I missed in place of Lee or possibly Floyd. Regardless, through my young season they are 8-4 and have the 2nd highest PPG of any team I'm simming.

The main reason I did that is because the Spurs are simply too good with him (Parker, Manu, Kawhi, Duncan, D-Rob is crazy good) and because Toronto would be completely inept without him lol. If he doesn't re-sign however, I'll have to figure out what to do.

It would be interesting to do it based on the team that drafted them only.

Tim Hardaway (unless you gave him to the Heat) and Baron Davis over Floyd .

I could argue that Iguodala should be the backup SF.

The Warriors PF history is ... sad. Harrison Barnes wouldn't be far from the 3rd team ... battling it out with Tyrone Hill and Larry Smith. Ugh.

valade16
03-20-2019, 12:16 AM
It would be interesting to do it based on the team that drafted them only.

Tim Hardaway (unless you gave him to the Heat) and Baron Davis over Floyd .

I could argue that Iguodala should be the backup SF.

The Warriors PF history is ... sad. Harrison Barnes wouldn't be far from the 3rd team ... battling it out with Tyrone Hill and Larry Smith. Ugh.

Tim Hardaway is on the Heat. Baron Davis is on the Hornets though he could switch to the Warriors depending on the almighty Chris Paul question. He has been the hardest person to place. Should he go to the Hornets or the Clippers?

And regarding Iggy, I have a conundrum next year as Joel Embiid will be too good to be a backup C for Philly (behind Moses), so I will be making it a 34 team league and creating 2 Warriors and 2 76ers (OKC will lose KD but will gain MVP caliber PG, and then Indy will lose PG and have to pick up someone else (likely Roger Brown)).

Warriors 1:
PG: Steph Curry | Shaun Livingston
SG: Klay Thompson | Andre Iguodala
SF: Kevin Durant | Harrison Barnes
PF: Draymond Green | David West
C: Andrew Bogut/DeMarcus Cousins (can't decide if he should be on GS)

Warriors 2:
PG: Baron Davis | Sleepy Floyd
SG: Chris Mullin | Jason Richardson
SF: Rick Barry | Stephen Jackson
PF: Nate Thurmond | ?
C: Wilt Chamberlain | Joe Barry Carroll

Redrum187
03-20-2019, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately for Dallas Nash is on Phoenix and Kidd is on New Jersey, my Dallas team is:

PG: Derek Harper | Jason Terry
SG: Michael Finley | Rolando Blackman
SF: Mark Aguirre | Josh Howard
PF: Dirk Nowitzki | Sam Perkins
C: Tyson Chandler | Roy Tarpley

I will be glad when the sim includes Doncic next year so I can dump Josh Howard lol. I ended up putting Tyson at C for them because I justified it as he was an integral piece on their only championship and they would absolutely blow without him.

Though the team sucking shouldn't be a problem since Dirk is so good at carrying bad teams :)

Amen to that! :P

LMAO You made them even crappier, but I understand why. I like how you added Roy Tarpley at C. He averaged 35 games a season in 8 years. Poor bastard. lol

valade16
03-20-2019, 12:32 AM
Amen to that! :P

LMAO You made them even crappier, but I understand why. I like how you added Roy Tarpley at C. He averaged 35 games a season in 8 years. Poor bastard. lol

It was out of my hands lol, Nash is clearly a Sun and Kidd is clearly a Net. And don't hate on Roy Tarpley, he was good when he played. From 89-91 he averaged 17 PPG and 12.5 RPG. Of course he only played 70 games combined those 3 seasons LOL.

My brother is being the Raptors and I am deciding between being the Rockets or the Mavericks. Not sure which one to pick. I mean, I want to be the Mavs but good God look at that team lol. Maybe be them and bide my time until Doncic and Porzingis are beast lol

Redrum187
03-20-2019, 12:37 AM
It was out of my hands lol, Nash is clearly a Sun and Kidd is clearly a Net. And don't hate on Roy Tarpley, he was good when he played. From 89-91 he averaged 17 PPG and 12.5 RPG. Of course he only played 70 games combined those 3 seasons LOL.

My brother is being the Raptors and I am deciding between being the Rockets or the Mavericks. Not sure which one to pick. I mean, I want to be the Mavs but good God look at that team lol. Maybe be them and bide my time until Doncic and Porzingis are beast lol

I didn't buy into the Porzingis hype when he was in New York. I still don't think he'll be spectacular but I'm hoping I'm wrong. Dallas could use a decent Center to spend his prime there for once.

If Luka and Porzingis become Gods, then Trump would absolutely be cheering for this Mavericks team. Dirk/Luka/Porzingis as the top 3 players.

dhopisthename
03-20-2019, 01:02 AM
He would knock out Hornacek and Griffith to you?

I originally had it at 12 roster spots but it was very difficult to get those extra 2 guys for a ton of teams so I dropped it down to 10. May have to move it back to 12 in a few years.

like I said IF he can keep up what he has done of the past 32 games. Just as a reference he has averaged 27/5/4.5 on 44% from the field and 39% from 3. He does that after what he has done this year for sure over griffith easily

rhino17
03-20-2019, 01:45 AM
Moses Malone/Yao Ming/Ralph Sampson
Hakeem Olajuwon/Charles Barkley/Elvin Hayes
Tracy McGrady/Shane Battier/Rudy Tomjanovich
James Harden/Clyde Drexler/Vernon Maxwell
Chris Paul/Steve Francis/Calvin Murphy

Last 5 Out
Clint Capela
Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Mario Elie
Eric Gordon

Others: Lusi Scola, Cat Mobley, Mike Newlin, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassel, Rodney McCray, Robert Reid, Trevor Ariza

ewing
03-20-2019, 07:03 AM

Iíd consider Finley a 3 and Ro a 2

IndyRealist
03-20-2019, 08:00 AM
My Indiana team is a hybrid of yours:

PG: Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller | Jalen Rose
SF: Paul George | Danny Granger
PF: Jermaine O'Neal | George McGinnis | Dale Davis
C: Mel Daniels | Rik Smits

Seems like I got pretty close.

Detlef Schrempf is on the Sonics (I split the Sonics and OKC up).

Yeah Detlef would end up on the Sonics if it's 1 team only. If you can shoehorn Jeff Foster in that's pretty much every notable big man the Pacers have ever had.

R. Johnson#3
03-20-2019, 09:25 AM
Starting 5:
Kyle Lowry
Doug Christie
Vince Carter
Kawhi Leonard
Donyell Marshall

Reserves:
Tracy McGrady
Jonas Valanciunas
Chris Bosh
Amir Johnson
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Dell Curry

I know he couldnít play defence for the life of him but numero ocho needs to be in Dell Curryís spot. We also donít have a PG on the bench.

Tg11
03-20-2019, 10:37 AM
Celtics Starting 5 (All Time)

PG- Bob Cousy
SG- Paul Pierce
SF- Larry Bird
PF- Kevin McHale
C- Bill Russell

valade16
03-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Moses Malone/Yao Ming/Ralph Sampson
Hakeem Olajuwon/Charles Barkley/Elvin Hayes
Tracy McGrady/Shane Battier/Rudy Tomjanovich
James Harden/Clyde Drexler/Vernon Maxwell
Chris Paul/Steve Francis/Calvin Murphy

Last 5 Out
Clint Capela
Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Mario Elie
Eric Gordon

Others: Lusi Scola, Cat Mobley, Mike Newlin, Kenny Smith, Sam Cassel, Rodney McCray, Robert Reid, Trevor Ariza

Houston has an unbelievably stacked all-time roster however many of them aren't primarily Rockets.

CP3 is either a Clipper or a Hornet. Clyde is clearly a Blazer, Hayes is clearly a Wizard, Barkley is either a 76er or a Sun. Additionally, T-Mac could either be a Rocket or a Magic and Moses either a Rocket or a 76er depending on your take. Also for my sim, Battier is a Grizzle since they barely have 10 players good enough to be in this lol

Jamiecballer
03-20-2019, 12:11 PM
I know he couldnít play defence for the life of him but numero ocho needs to be in Dell Curryís spot. We also donít have a PG on the bench.

I dont know who you are referring to but I'll just switch Christie with McGrady then and let him handle it a little more. Not great but I left Dell because their isnt a pure shooter anywhere else after swapping out lou williams

Rivera
03-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Shaq
Dwight
Tmac
Nick Anderson
Penny

Bench:
Jameer Nelson
Nikola Vucevic
Horrace Grant
Dennis Scott
Hedo Turkoglu
Rashard Lewis

Didnt inlcude Grant Hill dude was always hurt in Orlando, thought about VC but he was starting his downside in Orlando

valade16
03-20-2019, 12:24 PM
Shaq
Dwight
Tmac
Nick Anderson
Penny

Bench:
Jameer Nelson
Nikola Vucevic
Horrace Grant
Dennis Scott
Hedo Turkoglu
Rashard Lewis

Didnt inlcude Grant Hill dude was always hurt in Orlando, thought about VC but he was starting his downside in Orlando

Unfortunately for Orlando Shaq is on the Lakers, so my Magic team is:

PG: Penny Hardaway | Scott Skiles
SG: Nick Anderson
SF: Tracy McGrady | Dennis Scott | Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Horace Grant | Rashard Lewis |
C: Dwight Howard | Nicolas Vucevic

Seems like I was close. Maybe swap Skiles out for Nelson?

ewing
03-20-2019, 01:29 PM

I'd go Darrell Armstrong but Jameer probably had better numbers. Skiles was a gamer but he's too white

Rivera
03-20-2019, 05:27 PM

we still claim shaq! I wouldnt be surprised if we put his number in the rafters within the next 5 years. I know the Heat did and the Lakers did, Im shocked it hasnt happened already tbh.

I wouldnt put Scott Skiles ahead of Jameer Nelson. Scott was great and probably means more organizational wise due to the assist record and he was a coach with us 2x if my memory serves me correct. He would mean more organizational wise. But at their peak, Jameer was the better player. Jameer was the 2nd best player you can argue during the Dwight prime years.

Ill never forgive SVG for giving more minutes to Jameer than Skip to my Lou in the NBA Finals vs the Lakers when Jameer came back from injury. Skip was so much fun to watch.

Rivera
03-20-2019, 05:29 PM
I'd go Darrell Armstrong but Jameer probably had better numbers. Skiles was a gamer but he's too white

I love Darrell! one of my favorite players growing up. He was better than Skiles too at their peaks.

Heck, I could argue, Darrell was better at his peak than Jameer was and probably convince myself lol

ewing
03-20-2019, 05:32 PM
I love Darrell! one of my favorite players growing up. He was better than Skiles too at their peaks.

Heck, I could argue, Darrell was better at his peak than Jameer was and probably convince myself lol

high motor player. I remember reading a story that he always downed a cup of coffee before each game. Definitely a cool dude

valade16
03-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Teams I'm having a tough time with:

LA Clippers
Charlotte
Minnesota
New Jersey

ewing
03-20-2019, 05:57 PM
Knicks

Fraizer/Jackson
Monroe/Houston
King/Bradley
Debusher/Oakley
Ewing/Reed

ewing
03-20-2019, 06:08 PM
Teams I'm having a tough time with:

LA Clippers
Charlotte
Minnesota
New Jersey

I'll try the Nets. Its tricky b/c some guys I not sure if I can consider a Net (VC, Mookie, Sam Cassell)

Kid/ Kenny Anderson (i'd like to put Mookie don't think he counts)
Drazen/VC (known as a Rap but name he had some good years in NJ)
Doc/RJ
Buck/KMart
Chocolate Thunder/Mike "G-man/The Polish Rifle" Gminski (really like this center combo)

valade16
03-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Knicks

Fraizer/Jackson
Monroe/Houston
King/Bradley
Debusher/Oakley
Ewing/Reed

I have Mark Jackson on the Pacers (because they have almost zero PG depth throughout their history).

For the Knicks I have:

PG: Walt Frazier
SG: Earl Monroe | Allan Houston | John Starks
SF: Bernard King | Dave DeBusschere
PF: Willis Reed | Charles Oakley | Anthony Mason
C: Patrick Ewing

Looks like a very similar team. Instead of Jackson and Bradley I have Starks and Mason though I admit Mason was basically because I ran out of options (and it's just tough for me to put a very old white player who didn't particularly excel at anything in this lol). Melo is on Denver, Sprewell on Minny.

valade16
03-20-2019, 06:26 PM
I'll try the Nets. Its tricky b/c some guys I not sure if I can consider a Net (VC, Mookie, Sam Cassell)

Kid/ Kenny Anderson (i'd like to put Mookie don't think he counts)
Drazen/VC (known as a Rap but name he had some good years in NJ)
Doc/RJ
Buck/KMart
Chocolate Thunder/Mike "G-man/The Polish Rifle" Gminski (really like this center combo)

The Nets were very difficult because most of their top players (Dr. J, Vince, etc.) are clearly on other teams. I have:

PG: Jason Kidd | Kenny Anderson | Michael Ray Richardson
SG: Drazen Petrovic
SF: Richard Jefferson | Keith Van Horn
PF: Buck Williams | Kenyon Martin
C: Derrick Coleman | Brook Lopez

So we are way off lol. I have Dawkins on Philly.

Also wondering where Stephon Marbury fits in all this. On Minny? On NY? NJ? Not in the game at all lol

Chronz
03-20-2019, 07:01 PM
Ive done this for NBA2K before, I agree that its best for a well rounded league to ignore just normally peak play to a degree.

If you take away Clyde and Tmac from the Rockets, they still have Harden but the Magic already have Penny so its really your choice at that point.

For my Clips I got them in order of importance to the franchise in case you want to eschew any of them.

PG: CP3 , Sam Cassell, World B. Free, Lou Williams.

Most of our best options here have arguably played their best basketball on other teams. CP3 means more to the Clippers but I guess that depends on how you handle the whole Pelicans/Hornets thing. Are the current Hornets retaining the CP3 lore even tho they drafted Raymond Felton in that same draft? If hes not here thats cool.

IDK if you have a need for Cassell anywhere else but Lou is prolly way better and has played out of his mind with us. Free made his only All-Star game with us averaging 30.

SG/SF: Eric Gordon , Reddick, Marques Johnson, Ron Harper, Mobley, Maggette, Q-Ross/Moute.

Harper belongs on the Cavs, Mobley might go Rockets if you gut them enough, same with Gordon.

Our bigs are easy

PF: Elton Brand, Blake, Cummings

C: McAdoo, DJ

valade16
03-20-2019, 07:12 PM
Ive done this for NBA2K before, I agree that its best for a well rounded league to ignore just normally peak play to a degree.

If you take away Clyde and Tmac from the Rockets, they still have Harden but the Magic already have Penny so its really your choice at that point.

For my Clips I got them in order of importance to the franchise in case you want to eschew any of them.

PG: CP3 , Sam Cassell, World B. Free, Lou Williams.

Most of our best options here have arguably played their best basketball on other teams. CP3 means more to the Clippers but I guess that depends on how you handle the whole Pelicans/Hornets thing. Are the current Hornets retaining the CP3 lore even tho they drafted Raymond Felton in that same draft? If hes not here thats cool.

IDK if you have a need for Cassell anywhere else but Lou is prolly way better and has played out of his mind with us. Free made his only All-Star game with us averaging 30.

SG/SF: Eric Gordon , Reddick, Marques Johnson, Ron Harper, Mobley, Maggette, Q-Ross/Moute.

Harper belongs on the Cavs, Mobley might go Rockets if you gut them enough, same with Gordon.

Our bigs are easy

PF: Elton Brand, Blake, Cummings

C: McAdoo, DJ

This is the first one that is way different so I'm interested to hear your take. I put CP3 on the Hornets because the Clippers actually have a ton of talent (the Hornets team is a mix of all of the Hornets, Bobcats and Pelicans so they have CP3 and AD).

The problem is I have Sam Cassell on the T-Wolves since he, Spree and KG led them to their only WCF trip. I'm fine with Cassell going to the Clippers in lieu of CP3 but I don't know who would then be Minny's PGs. Terrell Brandon? Stephon Marbury? Ricky Rubio?

The Clippers I have are:

PG: Ron Harper
SG: Randy Smith | Jamal Crawford
SF: Corey Maggette | Danny Manning
PF: Elton Brand | Blake Griffin
C: Bob McAdoo | DeAndre Jordan | Chris Kaman

Seems like I can swap out Crawford, Manning and Kaman if need be for Gordon, Reddick or Mobley. Cummings is on Milwaukee. Harper is on the Clippers because they need G's and Cleveland is starting Price/Bron.

How would you fix my Clippers team to make them balanced, competitive, not OP, but also true to who were historically the best/most important Clippers? (assuming you couldn't use CP3).

Chronz
03-20-2019, 07:32 PM
This is the first one that is way different so I'm interested to hear your take. I put CP3 on the Hornets because the Clippers actually have a ton of talent (the Hornets team is a mix of all of the Hornets, Bobcats and Pelicans so they have CP3 and AD).

The problem is I have Sam Cassell on the T-Wolves since he, Spree and KG led them to their only WCF trip. I'm fine with Cassell going to the Clippers in lieu of CP3 but I don't know who would then be Minny's PGs. Terrell Brandon? Stephon Marbury? Ricky Rubio?

The Clippers I have are:

PG: Ron Harper
SG: Randy Smith | Jamal Crawford
SF: Corey Maggette | Danny Manning
PF: Elton Brand | Blake Griffin
C: Bob McAdoo | DeAndre Jordan | Chris Kaman

Seems like I can swap out Crawford, Manning and Kaman if need be for Gordon, Reddick or Mobley. Cummings is on Milwaukee. Harper is on the Clippers because they need G's and Cleveland is starting Price/Bron.

How would you fix my Clippers team to make them balanced, competitive, not OP, but also true to who were historically the best/most important Clippers? (assuming you couldn't use CP3).

Harper has to be a swing, especially if its under modern interpretation of the game/rules. Dude was too old/injured to guard PG's and run the O in that manner. I know he did later on with the Bulls but only defensively, to combat the bigger guards/switches.

Cassell should be on the Twolves for sure. I would put Lou and Free for sure but I didn't really read your rules if they're eligible.

You gotta take out Crawford, I think hes kind of overrated but I guess he could have been utilized differently.

valade16
03-20-2019, 07:37 PM
Harper has to be a swing, especially if its under modern interpretation of the game/rules. Dude was too old/injured to guard PG's and run the O in that manner. I know he did later on with the Bulls but only defensively, to combat the bigger guards/switches.

Cassell should be on the Twolves for sure. I would put Lou and Free for sure but I didn't really read your rules if they're eligible.

You gotta take out Crawford, I think hes kind of overrated but I guess he could have been utilized differently.

I'll swap Crawford for Lou then. I have free on the Cavs because he spent 4 1/2 years there compared to 2 for the Clippers, however he definitely had his best 2 years with LAC. Might move him over and drop Danny Manning or Randy Smith.

ewing
03-20-2019, 09:37 PM
I have Mark Jackson on the Pacers (because they have almost zero PG depth throughout their history).

For the Knicks I have:

Looks like a very similar team. Instead of Jackson and Bradley I have Starks and Mason though I admit Mason was basically because I ran out of options (and it's just tough for me to put a very old white player who didn't particularly excel at anything in this lol). Melo is on Denver, Sprewell on Minny.

See that where gets tough to me Spree is a warrior or he would be on my Knick team. Dudes attitude has made him vastly underrated. He was a hell of a player but Allen is just clearly a Knick

ewing
03-20-2019, 09:38 PM
The Nets were very difficult because most of their top players (Dr. J, Vince, etc.) are clearly on other teams. I have:

Also wondering where Stephon Marbury fits in all this. On Minny? On NY? NJ? Not in the game at all lol

No where imo

ewing
03-20-2019, 09:39 PM
No where imo. He had his best days on the Suns and doesnít make the cut there.

ewing
03-20-2019, 10:55 PM
This thread is making think about how good Spree would have been if he could ****ing shoot

valade16
03-20-2019, 11:18 PM
This thread is making think about how good Spree would have been if he could ****ing shoot

Dude I used to love Spree. Growing up I had 3 non-Portland Jerseys.

Minny KG
Houston Hakeem
Knicks Sprewell

ewing
03-20-2019, 11:43 PM
Dude I used to love Spree. Growing up I had 3 non-Portland Jerseys.

Minny KG
Houston Hakeem
Knicks Sprewell

Yeah great player. One of the best perimeter defenders Iíve ever seen, a bottomless gas tank, and I heck of a downhill driver

Mr.B
03-21-2019, 12:03 AM
Dallas Mavericks

C - Tyson Chandler/Deandre Jordan
PF - Dirk/Tarpley
SF - Aguirre/Marion/Howard
SG - Blackmon/Finley
PG - Kidd/Nash/Luka

Coach: Carlisle

Scoots
03-21-2019, 10:14 AM
Yeah great player. One of the best perimeter defenders Iíve ever seen, a bottomless gas tank, and I heck of a downhill driver

Spree and Terrell Owens were both quiet humble hard working guys when they became pros and both sort of lost their way some years later.

Spree was a great player but his self entitlement had him changing teams over and over. It's a shame.

That said, Spree can't crack the Warriors lineup so he's free to be on one of the other teams.

R. Johnson#3
03-21-2019, 10:35 AM
I dont know who you are referring to but I'll just switch Christie with McGrady then and let him handle it a little more. Not great but I left Dell because their isnt a pure shooter anywhere else after swapping out lou williams

Numero Ocho is Jose Calderon

ewing
03-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Spree and Terrell Owens were both quiet humble hard working guys when they became pros and both sort of lost their way some years later.

Spree was a great player but his self entitlement had him changing teams over and over. It's a shame.

That said, Spree can't crack the Warriors lineup so he's free to be on one of the other teams.

He was on 3 teams. He had productive long stints in both GS and NY and he retired when he didnít get the money he wanted from Minnesota. The only thing he did egregiously wrong was choke PJ and probably lie about how he hurt his hand in NY

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2019, 04:49 PM
Lakers

Magic/Van Exel
Kobe/Jones
Worthy/Artest
Gasol/Odom
KAJ/Wilt

West/Scott
Baylor/Cooper
James/Wilkes
Green/Horry
O'Neal/McAdoo

Hawkeye15
03-21-2019, 04:52 PM
god

Brandon/Cassell
Spree/West
Wally/Campbell
KG/Love
Towns

Hawkeye15
03-21-2019, 04:53 PM
See that where gets tough to me Spree is a warrior or he would be on my Knick team. Dudes attitude has made him vastly underrated. He was a hell of a player but Allen is just clearly a Knick

my take on Spree has some baggage obviously

ewing
03-21-2019, 05:59 PM
my take on Spree has some baggage obviously

I donít blame him for your front office being cheap

valade16
03-21-2019, 06:00 PM
god

Brandon/Cassell
Spree/West
Wally/Campbell
KG/Love
Towns

Lol, I know it's rough but bear with me.

I have Brandon/Cassel as the PGs so thank you for validating that. At SG I have Andrew Wiggins backup to Spree (but I can understand why you loath him lol).

Brandon/Cassell
Sprewell/Wiggins
Szczerbiak/
KG/Love/Gugliotta
Towns/Laettner

Should I swap out Gugliotta or Laettner for West or Campbell?

valade16
03-21-2019, 06:11 PM
Lakers

Magic/Van Exel
Kobe/Jones
Worthy/Artest
Gasol/Odom
KAJ/Wilt

West/Scott
Baylor/Cooper
James/Wilkes
Green/Horry
O'Neal/McAdoo

I have some similar teams to yours but I split them up differently. I tried to keep Shaq/Kobe and Magic/Kareem cores together. My teams are:

Lakers 1:

Magic | Goodrich
Scott | Cooper
Baylor | Wilkes
Worthy | Green
Kareem | Mychal Thompson

Lakers 2:

West | Fisher
Kobe | Van Exel
Artest | Fox
Odom | Horry
Shaq | Bynum

Pau is on the Grizzlies.

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2019, 06:19 PM
I just can't put Pau on the Grizzlies since his Championship years were in LA...

I threw Lebron in there since he will have 3/4y with the Lakers... I left all the 1 year wonders out..Payton, Nash, Malone etc.

valade16
03-21-2019, 06:37 PM
I just can't put Pau on the Grizzlies since his Championship years were in LA...

I threw Lebron in there since he will have 3/4y with the Lakers... I left all the 1 year wonders out..Payton, Nash, Malone etc.

I know, it was rough taking Pau off the Lakers, but the Grizzlies are pretty trash so they need all the help they can get lol.

And the idea of a Pau/Marc team is just fun.

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2019, 06:40 PM
I know, it was rough taking Pau off the Lakers, but the Grizzlies are pretty trash so they need all the help they can get lol.

it is a fun idea, and I know he had some great years there but he was such a vital piece to those Back 2 Back titles, he will always be a Laker to me...

valade16
03-21-2019, 06:49 PM
it is a fun idea, and I know he had some great years there but he was such a vital piece to those Back 2 Back titles, he will always be a Laker to me...

I get it, the 3 players I've most considered allowing them to be in the game twice are Pau and CP3 for Lakers/Griz and Hornets/Clippers. But that defeats the whole point of my game.

Though through 3 games it's not as if they need Pau as the Shaq/Kobe Lakers are 1st in the West at 8-4 lol

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2019, 07:05 PM
All I know is we need to get another Re-Draft!!!

Redrum187
03-21-2019, 08:11 PM
All I know is we need to get another Re-Draft!!!

Yes brah! Ran by Shammy and/Val. F--- Super. :laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
03-21-2019, 09:48 PM
hahaha I miss my all night battles with Dunk!!! V, needs to be not so biased and only vote for his bro ;) lolololol

I kid, I kid!!! But I am in! NBA forum is active wouldd be a good time to gain votes..

Scoots
03-22-2019, 12:09 AM

Give Pau to the Lakers and give Kareem to the Bucks.

Chronz
03-22-2019, 12:40 AM
Yeah Kareem should be in Milwaukee

GREATNESS ONE
03-22-2019, 09:40 AM
Yeah Kareem should be in Milwaukee

:rolleyes:

WaDe03
03-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Starting 5:
Kyle Lowry
Doug Christie
Vince Carter
Kawhi Leonard
Donyell Marshall

Reserves:
Tracy McGrady
Jonas Valanciunas
Chris Bosh
Amir Johnson
Morris Peterson
Antonio Davis
Dell Curry

God damn man you canít be serious.

WaDe03
03-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Hardaway/Dragic/Chalmers
Wade/Rice/Eddie
LeBron/Justise/JRich
Bosh/UD/Odom
Shaq/Alonzo/Rony

Jamiecballer
03-22-2019, 11:55 AM
God damn man you canít be serious.

i knew you'd come around :)

but seriously, if i'm building a TEAM, i've got plenty of scorers already. this might be news to you, but even in fantasy scenario's i try and build a team that could win, not just a team of guys that would make for an entertaining game of horse.

dhopisthename
03-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Hardaway/Dragic/Chalmers
Wade/Rice/Eddie
LeBron/Justise/JRich
Bosh/UD/Odom
Shaq/Alonzo/Rony

Lebron is easily more cleveland then miami. Bosh is a tougher one.

valade16
03-22-2019, 12:05 PM
Give Pau to the Lakers and give Kareem to the Bucks.

Well then the Old Lakers wouldn't be very good without Kareem.

Also, the Bucks are pretty strong with Squid, Allen and Giannis.

And Memphis would absolutely suck without Pau.

GREATNESS ONE
03-22-2019, 12:51 PM
We want an All-Time REDRAFT V!!! Stop ignoring us!

Scoots
03-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Hardaway/Dragic/Chalmers
Wade/Rice/Eddie
LeBron/Justise/JRich
Bosh/UD/Odom
Shaq/Alonzo/Rony

Nah ... you can't have LeBron or Odom, and I think Hardaway should be a Warrior.

Scoots
03-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Well then the Old Lakers wouldn't be very good without Kareem.

Also, the Bucks are pretty strong with Squid, Allen and Giannis.

And Memphis would absolutely suck without Pau.

That's your problem, I'm just thinking about which players belong where :)

valade16
03-22-2019, 01:00 PM
That's your problem, I'm just thinking about which players belong where :)

LOL, fair enough.

Kareem is actually a very interesting case. 6 seasons with Milwaukee, 14 with LA. 14,000 pts with Milwaukee, 24,000 with LA. 1 title with Milwaukee, 5 with LA. And yet you could make a good argument he belongs on Milwaukee because of how much he meant to them in comparison to LA, where he's behind at least Kobe and Magic (and possibly West and Shaq) for all-time Lakers.

To me, it was more imperative to keep Magic/Kareem and Shaq/Kobe as the base foundations for the two Lakers teams. Also, Giannis turning into a beast and legitimate Milwaukee Bucks icon has certainly eased them losing Kareem.

valade16
03-22-2019, 01:03 PM
Hardaway/Dragic/Chalmers
Wade/Rice/Eddie
LeBron/Justise/JRich
Bosh/UD/Odom
Shaq/Alonzo/Rony

A lot of those players are elsewhere. Shaq to LA, Bron to Cleveland, Bosh to Toronto, Rice to Charlotte. My Heat team is:

PG: Tim Hardaway | Sherman Douglas
SG: Dwyane Wade | Steve Smith
SF: Eddie Jones
PF: Udonis Haslem | Brian Grant
C: Alonzo Mourning | Rony Seikaly | Hassan Whiteside

I could swap out Douglas for Dragic, though I think when I originally made the teams I considered him more of a Sun.

valade16
03-22-2019, 01:03 PM
We want an All-Time REDRAFT V!!! Stop ignoring us!

Now? Usually it's after the NBA playoffs.

Redrum187
03-22-2019, 01:09 PM

Well, we need to do an auction one. We usually do a couple at a time. :D

1.) NBA All Time auction
2.) 2019 league redraft
3.) NBA All Time redraft

Then in the offseason we can do the mock, but you have do that one too!

valade16
03-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Well, we need to do an auction one. We usually do a couple at a time. :D

1.) NBA All Time auction
2.) 2019 league redraft
3.) NBA All Time redraft

Then in the offseason we can do the mock, but you have do that one too!

I'd only be down to do an auction if we find a way to make it more balanced than what inevitably happens.

Some guys massively overpay for 2 top stars.
Everyone else massively overpays for lesser stars in an effort to keep up.
Mid tier players go for dirt cheap to top team and top team wins handily.

If there's a way to stop that cycle, I'd love to hear it.

GREATNESS ONE
03-22-2019, 02:03 PM

fair enough, sign me up for the draft. I'm in.

kdspurman
03-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Spurs:

Parker/Johnson
Gervin/Ginobili/Robertson
Kawhi/Elliott
Timmy
D-Rob/Gilmore

Chronz
03-22-2019, 03:33 PM
Spurs:

Parker/Johnson
Kawhi/Elliott
Timmy
D-Rob/Gilmore

Cant you let the Bulls have Gilmore, dont you got enough legendary bigs?

valade16
03-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Spurs:

Parker/Johnson
Kawhi/Elliott
Timmy
D-Rob/Gilmore

I put Kawhi on the Raptors just to make them decent (and because SA would be too stacked with him). I have:

Parker | Avery Johnson
Manu | Robertson
Gervin | Elliott | Bowen
Duncan
D-Rob | Larry Kenon

I added Kenon to give them another big and because I couldn't think of who else to put.

R. Johnson#3
03-23-2019, 01:31 PM
Raptors

PG: Lowry/Calderon
SG: DeMar/Doug Christie
SF: VC/Anthony Parker
PF: Bosh/Siakam/Donyell Marshall
C: JV/Antonio Davis/Amir Johnson

T-Mac is on the Rockets, Mighty Mouse is a Jailblazer and Kawhi is a Spur....for now.

dhopisthename
03-23-2019, 09:09 PM
I'd only be down to do an auction if we find a way to make it more balanced than what inevitably happens.

Some guys massively overpay for 2 top stars.
Everyone else massively overpays for lesser stars in an effort to keep up.
Mid tier players go for dirt cheap to top team and top team wins handily.

If there's a way to stop that cycle, I'd love to hear it.

as a person who really wanted to try out the auction I don't think it works the way we do it. I think the only way to change anything is to make it so that its not blind. I am super curious if the numbers would go down or up if we did that though.

AntiG
03-24-2019, 12:34 AM
it'd be interesting to see teams' all-time roster assuming all players in their prime. always funny to remember when HOFers and stars ended up finishing with teams you don't associate with them.

like Celtics with Shaq, Rasheed Wallace, Dominique or Raptors Olajuwon.

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:06 AM
as a person who really wanted to try out the auction I don't think it works the way we do it. I think the only way to change anything is to make it so that its not blind. I am super curious if the numbers would go down or up if we did that though.

I'm down for that except I'd have to figure out logistically how to do it. Open bidding for 24 hours on X number of players per day (say 10?).

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2019, 01:15 AM
I think thatís too much to start with... top 3 first... 4-10 next... 11-20 after and you can grow it after continuously..

basch152
03-24-2019, 01:27 AM
pistons would be impossible to score on

isiah/chauncey
dumars/rip
debusschere/tayshaun
sheed/Rodman
wallace/laimbeer

with reserves being adrian dantley, Dave bing, bob lanier, mark aguirre, and grant hill.

that 10 man squad has 22 all defensive first team nominations, 9 second team, and 6 defensive player of the year awards, along with 9 time rebounding leaders

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:29 AM
I think thatís too much to start with... top 3 first... 4-10 next... 11-20 after and you can grow it after continuously..

I think if we have only like 1 or 2 that first day a lot of people will get in a bidding war and drastically kick up the price. However I do like the idea of exponentially increasing the pool as the days go on.

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:31 AM
pistons would be impossible to score on

isiah/chauncey
dumars/rip
dantley/tayshaun
sheed/Rodman
wallace/laimbeer

Dantley is on Utah. My Pistons team is:

PG: IT | Chauncey
SG: Dumars | Rip | Bing
SF: Grant Hill | Prince
PF: Big Ben
C: Bob Lanier | Bill Laimbeer

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2019, 01:33 AM
I think if we have only like 1 or 2 that first day a lot of people will get in a bidding war and drastically kick up the price. However I do like the idea of exponentially increasing the pool as the days go on.

Iím Game :nod:

basch152
03-24-2019, 01:38 AM

that's a pretty silly way of doing it.

you should go by any team can claim any player that's been on their team, but you have to claim them as they were when they played there.

so for example, the Suns can claim shaq, but old shaq that could barely make it up the court.

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2019, 01:48 AM

You guys always do this lol.... Big Ben is easily the C of that team.. 4X DPOY and guarded some of the best big men in the game.. you also add Raheed at PF but Iím guessing heís on the Blazers here.. Laimbeer and Lanier are great but that **** is so old school :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
03-24-2019, 01:49 AM

you should go by any team can claim any player that's been on their team, but you have to claim them as they were when they played there.

so for example, the Suns can claim shaq, but old shaq that could barely make it up the court.

So you get what they were in that jersey in that time... I dig it.

Scoots
03-24-2019, 09:58 AM

But that's not what THIS thread is about.

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:24 PM

I think it's far sillier to have a league with 5 different Shaquille O'Neal's and 4 different Jason Kidd's.

The league is best when there's only actually one version of each player.

valade16
03-24-2019, 01:25 PM
You guys always do this lol.... Big Ben is easily the C of that team.. 4X DPOY and guarded some of the best big men in the game.. you also add Raheed at PF but Iím guessing heís on the Blazers here.. Laimbeer and Lanier are great but that **** is so old school :laugh2:

What's wrong with old school?

Chronz
03-24-2019, 02:51 PM
It fits better tho, laimbeer stretching to partner up with Ben's inability to shoot

kdspurman
03-24-2019, 09:16 PM
I put Kawhi on the Raptors just to make them decent (and because SA would be too stacked with him). I have:

Parker | Avery Johnson
Manu | Robertson
Gervin | Elliott | Bowen
Duncan
D-Rob | Larry Kenon

I added Kenon to give them another big and because I couldn't think of who else to put.

Ha.. shouldn't penalize the Spurs for scouting the way they do. :)

Heediot
03-24-2019, 10:00 PM
rodman should be on detroit.

valade16
03-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Ha.. shouldn't penalize the Spurs for scouting the way they do. :)

Lol, true. But the point is to make it a somewhat balanced league. I think the Spurs having to lose Kawhi is a small price to pay for their greatness considering I literally split the Lakers and Celtics into two teams.

kdspurman
03-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Lol, true. But the point is to make it a somewhat balanced league. I think the Spurs having to lose Kawhi is a small price to pay for their greatness considering I literally split the Lakers and Celtics into two teams.

Ha.. No doubt. Those were probably fun to do

mightybosstone
03-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Based solely on importance to the team and not necessarily peak performance, I'd go with something like:

PG Calvin Murphy / Steve Francis
SG James Harden / Clyde Drexler
SF Tracy McGrady / Rudy Tomjanovich / Shane Battier
PF Elvin Hayes / Ralph Sampson
C Hakeem Olajuwon / Moses Malone / Yao Ming

I'd love to add guys like Chris Paul and Charles Barkley to this list, but it's hard to justify it when they played for the team for such a short period of time. If I was going solely based on production in a Rockets uniform and didn't consider longevity or team success at all, both guys would absolutely be on the roster.

GREATNESS ONE
03-25-2019, 12:46 PM
It fits better tho, laimbeer stretching to partner up with Ben's inability to shoot

I get what he was doing.... just hard for me to move Big Ben to PF.... when he was so dominant defensively as a C....

Scoots
03-25-2019, 12:54 PM

That nearly doubles the chances of those two franchises winning it all though

valade16
03-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Based solely on importance to the team and not necessarily peak performance, I'd go with something like:

PG Calvin Murphy / Steve Francis
SG James Harden / Clyde Drexler
SF Tracy McGrady / Rudy Tomjanovich / Shane Battier
PF Elvin Hayes / Ralph Sampson
C Hakeem Olajuwon / Moses Malone / Yao Ming

I'd love to add guys like Chris Paul and Charles Barkley to this list, but it's hard to justify it when they played for the team for such a short period of time. If I was going solely based on production in a Rockets uniform and didn't consider longevity or team success at all, both guys would absolutely be on the roster.

Well Houston obviously has a great team, but it had to be severely neutered due to a lot of those players being better elsewhere (or other teams sucking so much).

My Houston team is:

Steve Francis | Calvin Murphy
James Harden | Vernon Maxwell
Rudy Tomjanovich
Hakeem Olajuwon | Otis Thorpe
Yao Ming | Ralph Sampson

Drexler on Portland, Battier on Memphis, Hayes on Washington. Moses on Philly 1 and T-Mac on Orlando.

valade16
03-25-2019, 12:57 PM
That nearly doubles the chances of those two franchises winning it all though

Well if it makes you feel better I also split GS and Philly lol

mightybosstone
03-25-2019, 02:28 PM
Well Houston obviously has a great team, but it had to be severely neutered due to a lot of those players being better elsewhere (or other teams sucking so much).

My Houston team is:

Steve Francis | Calvin Murphy
James Harden | Vernon Maxwell
Rudy Tomjanovich
Hakeem Olajuwon | Otis Thorpe
Yao Ming | Ralph Sampson

Drexler on Portland, Battier on Memphis, Hayes on Washington. Moses on Philly 1 and T-Mac on Orlando.

Ahhh... I didn't see your point about the all-time teams only being composed of players who peaked with that team. That definitely takes McGrady and Drexler out of the conversation, and probably Hayes and Battier. But I don't think you can necessarily take Moses out of the conversation. Moses played in Houston longer, won two of his three MVPs there and made his first Finals appearance there. Statistically, his best season as a player was probably his first year in Philly, but overall his numbers in Houston were actually better.

An interesting guy to debate would be Robert Horry. He played far more minutes and was much more of a scorer for Houston than he was for LA or San Antonio, but his advanced numbers in LA or San Antonio were better. He played in LA the longest, but he won at least two titles with all three teams. Which team gets him? If he ends up in Houston, I might rather have him than Maxwell.

valade16
03-25-2019, 02:38 PM
Ahhh... I didn't see your point about the all-time teams only being composed of players who peaked with that team. That definitely takes McGrady and Drexler out of the conversation, and probably Hayes and Battier. But I don't think you can necessarily take Moses out of the conversation. Moses played in Houston longer, won two of his three MVPs there and made his first Finals appearance there. Statistically, his best season as a player was probably his first year in Philly, but overall his numbers in Houston were actually better.

An interesting guy to debate would be Robert Horry. He played far more minutes and was much more of a scorer for Houston than he was for LA or San Antonio, but his advanced numbers in LA or San Antonio were better. He played in LA the longest, but he won at least two titles with all three teams. Which team gets him? If he ends up in Houston, I might rather have him than Maxwell.

Moses was very close, the reason he is on Philly is I split Philly into two teams and he's needed to balance them out. Also, if he were on Houston, Houston becomes unbelievably stacked. They'd be the only team with 3 MVP caliber players on it.

Horry was close, but he went to the split LA team because their bench is garbage lol.

I'm actually playing the league as the Houston team. Thus far through 6 games the top players are:

Harden 23.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 9.6 APG
Hakeem: 16.2 PPG, 13 RPG, 3 APG, 5 BPG, 1.5 SPG
Yao: 16 PPG, 10 RPG
Francis: 12 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 9.1 APG

My brother is being Toronto.

mightybosstone
03-25-2019, 06:03 PM
Moses was very close, the reason he is on Philly is I split Philly into two teams and he's needed to balance them out. Also, if he were on Houston, Houston becomes unbelievably stacked. They'd be the only team with 3 MVP caliber players on it.

Horry was close, but he went to the split LA team because their bench is garbage lol.

I'm actually playing the league as the Houston team. Thus far through 6 games the top players are:

Harden 23.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 9.6 APG
Hakeem: 16.2 PPG, 13 RPG, 3 APG, 5 BPG, 1.5 SPG
Yao: 16 PPG, 10 RPG
Francis: 12 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 9.1 APG

My brother is being Toronto.

Harden running pick and rolls with Dream and Yao. :drool:

WaDe03
03-26-2019, 10:19 PM
LeBrons peak was in Miami, he accomplished most in Miami in much less time. 2 rings in 4 years 1 ring in 13 years elsewhere. Come to my house and fight me over it if itís that serious.

Chronz
03-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Harden running pick and rolls with Dream and Yao. :drool:
Yuck. Rather watch dream go to work than that, prolly not with yao unless they go full twin towers, in which case expect more of the harden you saw with dwight Albeit more committed on both ends

ohreally
03-27-2019, 12:14 AM

Micheal Ray Richardson should be on the Knicks: Knicks drafted him andhe played more games for the Knicks.

ohreally
03-27-2019, 01:06 AM

For the Knicks I have:

Walt Frazier, Michael Ray Richardson, Earl Monroe, Allan Houston, John Starks, Bernard King, Toby Knight, Dave DeBusschere, Willis Reed, Charles Oakley, Bill Cartwright, Patrick Ewing

Phil Jackson, Jerry Lucas (if no one else is claiming him), Trent Tucker

Hawkeye15
03-27-2019, 11:00 AM
I donít blame him for your front office being cheap

3 years, $21,000,000 for an aging 2-guard whose role was diminishing? That would have paid him very well. Notice nobody else picked him up after that?

Hawkeye15
03-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Lol, I know it's rough but bear with me.

I have Brandon/Cassel as the PGs so thank you for validating that. At SG I have Andrew Wiggins backup to Spree (but I can understand why you loath him lol).

Brandon/Cassell
Sprewell/Wiggins
Szczerbiak/
KG/Love/Gugliotta
Towns/Laettner

Should I swap out Gugliotta or Laettner for West or Campbell?

have you looked at Wiggins numbers? Seriously. Go look. Doug West, Trenton Hassell, hell even Luke Ridnour were better. I can find more if you wish...

I totally forgot about Googs haha, he can slide in with Wally. Laettner played both big spots, so probably tucked in behind Towns.

Dude, go look at Wiggins numbers. He is the icing on the cake on why I don't watch or follow the Wolves anymore.

Chronz
03-27-2019, 12:19 PM
I loved Trenton hassel back in the day. Dude harassed the **** outta melo that one series

ewing
03-27-2019, 01:18 PM
3 years, $21,000,000 for an aging 2-guard whose role was diminishing? That would have paid him very well. Notice nobody else picked him up after that?

You choke a coach you burn a lot of bridges. If Minnesota wanted to continue being a contender they could have and should have paid him.

Hawkeye15
03-27-2019, 03:36 PM
I loved Trenton hassel back in the day. Dude harassed the **** outta melo that one series

I would donate my left nut to whatever science could use it to have Trenton over Wiggins right now

Chronz
03-27-2019, 04:00 PM
You choke a coach you burn a lot of bridges. If Minnesota wanted to continue being a contender they could have and should have paid him.

Sweet lord have mercy, if ur gonna stan for a player, make it some one who still had game. Minny was done without their MVP. Sam I am

valade16
03-27-2019, 05:15 PM
have you looked at Wiggins numbers? Seriously. Go look. Doug West, Trenton Hassell, hell even Luke Ridnour were better. I can find more if you wish...

I totally forgot about Googs haha, he can slide in with Wally. Laettner played both big spots, so probably tucked in behind Towns.

Dude, go look at Wiggins numbers. He is the icing on the cake on why I don't watch or follow the Wolves anymore.

I love me some Luke Ridnour lol.

I guess I'll put whoever is better on the sim between Doug West and Trenton Hassell. What do you think about Ricky Rubio? Does he deserve a spot?

ewing
03-27-2019, 05:27 PM

I guess I'll put whoever is better on the sim between Doug West and Trenton Hassell. What do you think about Ricky Rubio? Does he deserve a spot?

He was no Dan Dickau

Chronz
03-27-2019, 05:34 PM

Fred Hoiburg (forget his name) was a pretty good shooter off the bench

Hawkeye15
03-28-2019, 09:36 AM

I felt so bad for Luke. He was one of the better backup PG's in the game, and because we were so inept at drafting and developing, we asked him to play starting SG for like 2 years, and he just got killed.

Ricky probably has a case over Cassell, only because he provided a much longer window of good. But I don't think Ricky at his best was as good as either Brandon, or Cassell, at their best in MN. The only hitch, is Brandon has 2 better years with the Cavs than he ever had with the Wolves. So if that eliminates him then Rubio is next for sure.

Hawkeye15
03-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Fred Hoiburg (forget his name) was a pretty good shooter off the bench

Hoiberg. He was a bomber off the bench for us one year.

Vee-Rex
03-28-2019, 02:14 PM
For the Cavs it depends on the criteria. Nance was better on Phoenix but spent an equal amount of time on the Cavs and his heart is in Cleveland. World B Free only spent 4 seasons with the Cavs but that's the most he was with any one team. Do we get Kevin Love or no? His best was in Minny but he will likely spent more career time with the Cavs.

Irving/Price
Free/Harper
James/Carr
Nance/Love
Daugherty/Illgauskas

Maybe we want to get real funky with the lineups and go with guys who can shoot:

Price
Irving
James
Love
Daugherty

Price vs. Irving is certainly a topic. I'm not opposed to starting Price over Irving to be honest.

valade16
03-28-2019, 02:43 PM
For the Cavs it depends on the criteria. Nance was better on Phoenix but spent an equal amount of time on the Cavs and his heart is in Cleveland. World B Free only spent 4 seasons with the Cavs but that's the most he was with any one team. Do we get Kevin Love or no? His best was in Minny but he will likely spent more career time with the Cavs.

Irving/Price
Free/Harper
James/Carr
Nance/Love
Daugherty/Illgauskas

Maybe we want to get real funky with the lineups and go with guys who can shoot:

Price
Irving
James
Love
Daugherty

Price vs. Irving is certainly a topic. I'm not opposed to starting Price over Irving to be honest.

You did what I did in starting Price/Irving. I have Harper on LAC and Love on Minny (partly because they need the help lol).

The Cavs I have are:

Mark Price
Kyrie Ivring | Austin Carr | Craig Ehlo
LeBron James | World B Free
Larry Nance | Hot Rod Williams
Brad Daugherty | Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I considered Varejao but from all my research it seems like Hot Rod was a better version of him so I went with him.

Chronz
03-28-2019, 02:54 PM

Irving/Price
Free/Harper
James/Carr
Nance/Love
Daugherty/Illgauskas

Price
Irving
James
Love
Daugherty

You cant have Free, dude averaged 30 for us and made his sole(?) all-star appearance.

Big Z belongs to Miami too....... jk but he was a pretty great shooter i think

Hawkeye15
03-28-2019, 05:21 PM
You did what I did in starting Price/Irving. I have Harper on LAC and Love on Minny (partly because they need the help lol).

The Cavs I have are:

Mark Price
Kyrie Ivring | Austin Carr | Craig Ehlo
LeBron James | World B Free
Larry Nance | Hot Rod Williams
Brad Daugherty | Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I considered Varejao but from all my research it seems like Hot Rod was a better version of him so I went with him.

remember how it was always talked about that Craig was able to stick MJ ok? And everytime I watched MJ would just crucify him with 80 points haha

valade16
03-28-2019, 05:53 PM
remember how it was always talked about that Craig was able to stick MJ ok? And everytime I watched MJ would just crucify him with 80 points haha

Lol, reminds me of when in Portland Reuben Patterson did good against Kobe like 2 games in a row and everybody started calling him the Kobe stopper and then Kobe just crushed him all the next year we played lol

ewing
03-28-2019, 06:22 PM

they also went out and got Gerald Wilkens and called him the Jordan stopper til Micheal responded by dropping 50 on him in what I'm pretty sure was their first Bulls/Cavs match up