PDA

View Full Version : If Draymond doesnt get the offer he wants, which team would/should give him one?

Chronz
03-15-2019, 08:21 PM
For arguments sake, lets say Draymond was not feeling the love after this year. Which teams could maximize his talents? I have a few in mind.

Lil Rhody
03-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Wish horford would opt out and sign him. They guy everyone loves to hate but would kill to have on your team. Feel like he would excel in Brad's system

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

McAllen Tx
03-15-2019, 09:05 PM
How much you talking about?

Heediot
03-15-2019, 09:47 PM
For arguments sake, lets say Draymond was not feeling the love after this year. Which teams could maximize his talents? I have a few in mind.

Lakers.

Sign Dray and trade for AD and you got a top 10 defense.

Then throw together a back-court of something like Pat Beverly and Joe Harris. Not saying it has to be those two but just giving the prototypes.

ewing
03-15-2019, 10:24 PM
I hope he takes his talents to south beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 01:47 AM
OKC, Portland, Suns, Washington, Clippers are a few teams off the top of my head he would fit on nicely with..

Saddletramp
03-16-2019, 06:16 AM
Hope he rots in New York after the donít sign anyone else of note. Or Atlanta or Charlotte.

**** him.

Tg11
03-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Out of those teams you mentioned he would fit in perfectly on OKC...and could you imagine though

tredigs
03-16-2019, 08:36 AM
Hope he rots in New York after the donít sign anyone else of note. Or Atlanta or Charlotte.

**** him.

:laugh:

tredigs
03-16-2019, 08:45 AM
Who knows, there is no team he won't help immensely defensively (even as he ages he will always be the smartest defender on the floor), but after next season I am not positive you'll want to pay him the max or close to it from age 30-34. In theory he should be in the midst of his peak right now, but he has shown real decline this season. We will see how he looks in the playoffs, but at the very least the shot is an issue. No player gets more open looks than him in the NBA, and he can't hit the side of a barn.

ewing
03-16-2019, 09:17 AM

**** him.

Thats ****ed up

Tg11
03-16-2019, 09:34 AM
Draymond would fit in nicely in the East especially on any of the Eastern Conference teams like the Knicks, Raptors, Celtics, Pacers, Pistons or Brooklyn Nets believe it or not

Chronz
03-16-2019, 10:01 AM
I was thinking Portland as the team that could use him the most, they got the closest proximity to the splash brothers offensively and have a need for a defensive anchor. When teams trap lillard in the pnr he needs someone who can destroy teams 4 on 3, idk what's happened but in the past they used one of the plumlees in this role, I thought they were developing that zach kid to become their pressure release guy but heres barely played from what I hear.

I don't know what they're cap number looks like but they got a bunch of dead weight contracts. Maybe they could trade for the most valuable contract in the league to open up 20 mill for a 3/4 year 20 million dollar offer.

Storch
03-16-2019, 11:05 AM
New York

Tg11
03-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Everyone is saying New York but how about LA? Draymond playing in Clipper Land for the Clippers could also be a possibility

TrueFan420
03-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Everyone is saying New York but how about LA? Draymond playing in Clipper Land for the Clippers could also be a possibility

West isnít giving him a max tho. The real question for me is if the Warriors donít give him the max he wants does anyone else? I just donít see it. Heís a great defender and will change the complexion of any team he joins. Heís very good with the ball in his hands but offensively heís gotten so much worse. If he could get back to hitting 3s at roughly a 35% clip that would would completely change the convo.

Chronz
03-16-2019, 01:36 PM

**** him.

I could see him helping Trae's game if he truly is the next Lillard.

Heediot
03-16-2019, 03:15 PM
I can see him being a nice fit in Dallas too with Luka and Porz.

Dallas just needs to take care of the backcourt if that happens.

Saddletramp
03-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Thats ****ed up

Have you not followed this guyís personality over the years?

And no offense with the Knicks thing, I just know that theyíre terrible and top players stay away from Dolan like he has the plague. If they donít land someone big this year, they never will.

:laugh:

Thought you might like that.

TakeYourL
03-16-2019, 06:06 PM
The way he's shooting I cant see anyone giving him big money.

No one is going to want to pay a pain in the butt who can't shoot.

I do think he would be a good player to add to a young team though to show them how to play real competitive basketball though.

TrueFan420
03-16-2019, 06:42 PM
The way he's shooting I cant see anyone giving him big money.

No one is going to want to pay a pain in the butt who can't shoot.

I do think he would be a good player to add to a young team though to show them how to play real competitive basketball though.

I mean thatís def an issue. Whereís the line where heís more of a pain to play against then he is to have on your team? Is it directly tied to his 3pt %? Heís going to remain a top defender and his vision wonít leave him but without his shot, his lack size hurts the bonus he gets from his versatility.

ewing
03-16-2019, 07:54 PM
Have you not followed this guyís personality over the years?

And no offense with the Knicks thing, I just know that theyíre terrible and top players stay away from Dolan like he has the plague. If they donít land someone big this year, they never will.

Thought you might like that.

Yes and want no part of him in NY. He might do better then Noah did

ewing
03-16-2019, 10:26 PM
I mean thatís def an issue. Whereís the line where heís more of a pain to play against then he is to have on your team? Is it directly tied to his 3pt %? Heís going to remain a top defender and his vision wonít leave him but without his shot, his lack size hurts the bonus he gets from his versatility.

He is a rare talent and needs a good fit to max his ability. I agree with the Portland call. He would not do well in NY at all.

tredigs
03-16-2019, 10:43 PM
He is a rare talent and needs a good fit to max his ability. I agree with the Portland call. He would not do well in NY at all.

He would be the best player with the smartest bball mind you would have in decades.

People who don't watch the Warriors close enough and/or don't understand ball at a decent level don't understand that Draymond is a savant. He has many, many flaws, but he is a genius defender and even if he was past his prime, would teach those beneath him.

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:06 PM
He would be the best player with the smartest bball mind you would have in decades.

People who don't watch the Warriors close enough and/or don't understand ball at a decent level don't understand that Draymond is a savant. He has many, many flaws, but he is a genius defender and even if he was past his prime, would teach those beneath him.

Can his mind can make up for 6í5 with no jump shot and few actual moves on a bad roster. I donít think so. The Knicks will need a max player that can carry. We havenít given ourself a lot of options. Thatís not a slight on Green

tredigs
03-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Can his mind can make up for 6í5 with no jump shot and few actual moves on a bad roster. I donít think so. The Knicks will need a max player that can carry. We havenít given ourself a lot of options. Thatís not a slight on Green

Draymond is the definition of a ceiling raiser, especially if the young guns were too arrogant to listen to him, but he is a player (maybe THE player) every decent playoff caliber team should kill for. I do hate that he can't shoot right now, but I can't deny that he's the smartest defender I have ever seen and that his athleticism should hold up enough through 34. If I am a GM I would somewhat reluctantly pay him +1 market value I think.

Redrum187
03-19-2019, 12:03 PM
I can see him being a nice fit in Dallas too with Luka and Porz.

Dallas just needs to take care of the backcourt if that happens.

Naw, he'd be a good fit for a year or two tops. I see Draymond declining pretty significantly soon. The Warriors are the only team he makes sense on to me. They need him, especially if Durant leaves. He is a work horse and without him, Iguadala will be taxed pretty heavily in that department. There are finesse players (Curry/Klay/Durant), then there is Draymond and Iggy.

Chronz
03-19-2019, 12:52 PM

When was Rodman done as an impact guy? I kinda think he was never done but dray ain't in that class

valade16
03-19-2019, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't want Portland to throw a max at him until I was sure this was a slump and not the new norm. Starting Nurk and a Dray that can't shoot would destroy our spacing.

mightybosstone
03-19-2019, 02:30 PM
I think the answer ultimately comes down to what Draymond wants to accomplish rather than which team should make him an offer. If you have cap space and have any kind of a hole in your front court, you could probably use a guy like Draymond Green. He's going to make your basketball team better, period.

But he's not such an impact guy where you could add him without already having your best player in place, and you'd suddenly be 10+ games better. He's not going to a team like New York and suddenly making them a top 5 team in the East, for example. So for Draymond, the question has to be whether he wants to keep competing for championships, or if he's willing to settle for fewer wins with the potential for maybe more money and a potentially larger role in an offense.

I saw Portland mentioned here and think they would make a ton of sense, but how are they freeing up the cap space to make that happen? I'd love him in Boston if Horford were to leave, but I don't think they make a ton of sense playing together. He'd be an interesting fit with Toronto with Lowry and Kawhi, but Ibaka is eating up a ton of their cap.

I actually think the Spurs would be a sneaky good fit. I'm not sure how their personalities would mesh, but I like the idea of him playing next to Aldridge under a veteran coach like Pop who could reign him in and get the most out of him.

Chronz
03-19-2019, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't want Portland to throw a max at him until I was sure this was a slump and not the new norm. Starting Nurk and a Dray that can't shoot would destroy our spacing.
I don't watch your team for **** but playoffs are different, if I see dame struggle for the 3rd straight year for the same reason (we might disagree here), I don't get you. It might just be that simple tho, can't shoot, gtfo.

valade16
03-19-2019, 03:30 PM
I don't watch your team for **** but playoffs are different, if I see dame struggle for the 3rd straight year for the same reason (we might disagree here), I don't get you. It might just be that simple tho, can't shoot, gtfo.

Dame has apparently been working on breaking traps in preparation for the playoffs since that was how NO killed him last year, but I'm in the I'll believe it when I see it approach to the playoffs.

As for Dray, signing a declining big time player to a Max contract is exactly the kind of bad move small market teams make. I wouldn't want us to duplicate say Memphis and have a Chandler Parsons contract on our hands when we thought he'd be the missing piece to contention.

Though I do think Dray would be a great fit for our team.

ewing
03-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Dame has apparently been working on breaking traps in preparation for the playoffs since that was how NO killed him last year, but I'm in the I'll believe it when I see it approach to the playoffs.

As for Dray, signing a declining big time player to a Max contract is exactly the kind of bad move small market teams make. I wouldn't want us to duplicate say Memphis and have a Chandler Parsons contract on our hands when we thought he'd be the missing piece to contention.

You donít have to be a small market team to do that

Chronz
03-19-2019, 03:57 PM

Big markets do this too. Remember Noah?

A healthy Parsons would've been pretty good, its not like when Kahn chased budinger.

How long do you think till dray becomes unplayable?

Chronz
03-19-2019, 03:58 PM

Lol. First fan base I thought of

ewing
03-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Lol. First fan base I thought of

Me too [emoji3]

valade16
03-19-2019, 04:09 PM

Very true.

Big markets do this too. Remember Noah?

A healthy Parsons would've been pretty good, its not like when Kahn chased budinger.

How long do you think till dray becomes unplayable?

I'm not sure. I'd like to think this is a shooting slump however since 2016 Dray has shot 29.7% from 3 and he shot 26% in last year's playoffs from deep.

If I had to guess I'd say he becomes offensively unplayable around halfway through his next contract extension.

Tg11
03-20-2019, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Draymond were to get offers from teams like the Mavericks, Spurs, Clippers, Pacers, Blazers, Nets and or the Raptors because any of those teams Draymond would fit right in on