PDA

View Full Version : What would teams give for rights to draft Zion?

Mr.B
03-14-2019, 11:29 PM
Letís say the team that ends up with the #1 overall pick decides they want to test the market for Zion. What do you think your favorite team would give up for the rights to draft Zion?

ewing
03-15-2019, 04:26 AM
The Knicks do not have the assets to trade for Zion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
03-15-2019, 05:07 AM
The Knicks do not have the assets to trade for Zion.

they did.... but they traded him to dallas.

Tg11
03-15-2019, 05:27 AM
Teams would have to give up the farm for Zion

ewing
03-15-2019, 06:35 AM
they did.... but they traded him to dallas.

I donít think so. I donít think you can trade him

Hawkeye15
03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Honestly, only a handful of teams would even have the ammo.

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
My virginity

Mr.B
03-15-2019, 12:23 PM
Would a team like the Suns be willing to give up Booker (or Bridges), Ayton, and their top 5 pick for Zion?

Kings: Fox, Bagley, and Bogdonovic?

Sixers: Embiid?

Mr.B
03-15-2019, 12:23 PM
If youíre the team trading the #1 what would you expect in return?

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2019, 01:14 PM
If youíre the team trading the #1 what would you expect in return?

a ton, it's almost impossible for teams to get #1.... for example it would cost you a 1st and Doncic... would you do that?

Tg11
03-15-2019, 02:04 PM
For Zion if I am the Knicks, Suns, Cavs or Bulls or Hawks depending on who wins the lottery I ask for franchise player, 2 or 3 role players and draft pick considerations for future drafts

Giannis94
03-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Middleton on a max S&T, ROY Broggy, & Bledshow. A few future firsts that are conditional as well

Tg11
03-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Middleton on a max S&T, ROY Broggy, & Bledshow. A few future firsts that are conditional as well

I wouldn't do it if I am Phoenix, Cleveland, New York, Chicago or Atlanta unless you give up Middleton, Lopez, Bledsoe and Mirotic plus 2 draft picks for future years

Giannis94
03-15-2019, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't do it if I am Phoenix, Cleveland, New York, Chicago or Atlanta unless you give up Middleton, Lopez, Bledsoe and Mirotic plus 2 draft picks for future years

I'd do it. I want to see Giannis and Zion. We wouldnt need the remaining 3 guys on the court with that athleticism

COOLbeans
03-15-2019, 02:51 PM
Kevin Durant

COOLbeans
03-15-2019, 02:52 PM
^ beat that

GREATNESS ONE
03-15-2019, 03:26 PM
Hard to trade a player who's leaving in the Summer!

valade16
03-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Would a team like the Suns be willing to give up Booker (or Bridges), Ayton, and their top 5 pick for Zion?

Kings: Fox, Bagley, and Bogdonovic?

Sixers: Embiid?

Were I Phoenix I would not give up Booker, Ayton and their Top 5 pick for Zion. Heck, I wouldn't give up much more than Ayton for him. That is a steep price.

And the 76ers would not trade Embiid for Zion. As good as Zion is, you don't trade a proven All-NBA caliber C for a prospect, even one as good as Zion.

Tg11
03-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Or if I am the Knicks I am trying to WIN NOW which means if you want Zion you are gonna have to give me extra compensation

cheetos185
03-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Or if I am the Knicks I am trying to WIN NOW which means if you want Zion you are gonna have to give me extra compensationKnicks don't even have a nba roster what are they trying to win with 2 decades of false hope and misery.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Tg11
03-15-2019, 06:05 PM
However, if I am Cleveland and or Chicago and those places end up winning the lottery especially if I'm Chicago I am trying to WIN NOW

Basically if you want Zion and I'm the Bulls organization I ask for 2 franchise altering players like superstar players on whatever team is offering me the trade plus 2 role players and 2 draft picks

Mr.B
03-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Were I Phoenix I would not give up Booker, Ayton and their Top 5 pick for Zion. Heck, I wouldn't give up much more than Ayton for him. That is a steep price.

And the 76ers would not trade Embiid for Zion. As good as Zion is, you don't trade a proven All-NBA caliber C for a prospect, even one as good as Zion.

See thatís what Iím trying to do, is gauge his trade value. As a Mavs fan I also would not trade Luka for Zion.

As the fan of a team that is currently tanking though Iím trying to weigh the benefits of just adding a player like Zion to the team or trading him for a huge haul that could put the team in immediate contention for a title.

SiteWolf
03-15-2019, 08:43 PM
well you know somehow the Knicks will end up with him....the league needs the Knicks to be relevant again, even with their dumbass owner

ewing
03-15-2019, 10:39 PM
See thatís what Iím trying to do, is gauge his trade value. As a Mavs fan I also would not trade Luka for Zion.

As the fan of a team that is currently tanking though Iím trying to weigh the benefits of just adding a player like Zion to the team or trading him for a huge haul that could put the team in immediate contention for a title.

Then your not getting him. Luka and KP is where you start the conversation

Bostonjorge
03-15-2019, 11:54 PM
Zion trade value just went up after tonight.

Mr.B
03-16-2019, 02:41 AM
Then your not getting him. Luka and KP is where you start the conversation

The Mavs would never trade for him. Iím saying if by some miracle the Mavs ended up with that op pick. Should they keep it or consider trading it for a Kongís ransom.

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 02:44 AM
The Mavs would never trade for him. Iím saying if by some miracle the Mavs ended up with that op pick. Should they keep it or consider trading it for a Kongís ransom.

Luka and Zion...

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 02:44 AM
Zion trade value just went up after tonight.

Can it actually get any higher?

Heediot
03-16-2019, 07:09 AM

Luka, Zion & KP, barring health = Multiple ships.

Heediot
03-16-2019, 07:27 AM
also with Luka and Zion on rookie deals you can add another max and decent depth with the cap/salary budget.

Tg11
03-16-2019, 09:39 AM
The teams with the best chances in the lottery to get Zion are Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks or the Atlanta Hawks. If I am any of those teams I keep Zion for dear life unless you give me an attractive trade package that includes 2 superstar All Star caliber players in the deal plus role players and draft picks for future years especially as compensation...then and only then would I give you Zion in return if I am any of those teams that ends up with the #1 pick.

Mr.B
03-16-2019, 12:39 PM
The teams with the best chances in the lottery to get Zion are Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls, New York Knicks or the Atlanta Hawks. If I am any of those teams I keep Zion for dear life unless you give me an attractive trade package that includes 2 superstar All Star caliber players in the deal plus role players and draft picks for future years especially as compensation...then and only then would I give you Zion in return if I am any of those teams that ends up with the #1 pick.

The Mavs are the 6th worst team in the NBA right now and only 3 games ahead of Atlanta. There is a chance they could sneak into that bottom 5 seed. Even if they donít there is a good chance they end up with a top 5 pick.

Tg11
03-16-2019, 12:51 PM
The Mavs are the 6th worst team in the NBA right now and only 3 games ahead of Atlanta. There is a chance they could sneak into that bottom 5 seed. Even if they donít there is a good chance they end up with a top 5 pick.

Dallas would and could end up with a top 5 pick either way their future looks pretty bright especially with Luka, a healthy KP when he comes back and if they end up with a top 5 pick their top 5 pick could add to their future

ChongInc.
03-16-2019, 01:22 PM
I honestly don't think he will be that great in the NBA. Think prime Elton brand with some of that Griffin athleticism. Don't get me wrong - that's a great player, but not a LeBron James and not unbelievably better than most of the high caliber players.

Mr.B
03-16-2019, 03:21 PM
I honestly don't think he will be that great in the NBA. Think prime Elton brand with some of that Griffin athleticism. Don't get me wrong - that's a great player, but not a LeBron James and not unbelievably better than most of the high caliber players.

The thing that worries me about him is his weight. Well that coupled in with his height. Heís 6í6Ē 285 lbs. As a kid in college that works, and even his first couple of years in the NBA that will work. But as his body matures heís likely to put on weight. I donít know what he does to take care of his body during the off season but I certainly hope he works extremely hard during the off season and isnít one of these guys that loafs during his time off and just relies on his athletic ability. If he doesnít work hard on his body heís going to get extremely fat around his mid-late 20ís.

Heediot
03-16-2019, 03:28 PM

He is destroying clogged lanes in college The lanes in the nba will be more wide open with the spacing. Duke is a weak shooting team which ****s with their spacing. I think RJ is going to be nice too because his aggressiveness to the basket will be better in the nba and the spacing will help his harden lite style. If both guys can develop a reliable jumper they will be perennial all stars.

If freaks like Giannis, RWB and Simmons can do their things with broken jumpers, he'll fit right in easily imo. Like Mr. B said though the main concern in weight. He is a guy willing to put in the work though and weve seen a guy like Kevin Love and others slim down.

COOLbeans
03-16-2019, 04:18 PM
Hard to trade a player who's leaving in the Summer!

I think itís 50/50. Assuming he stays, I trade him as soon as I can

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 08:32 PM
I think itís 50/50. Assuming he stays, I trade him as soon as I can

So if he signs a big contract multi year.... you trade him? Lol... ruthless.

ewing
03-16-2019, 09:35 PM

If the Mavs land Zion I might commit a murder

IndyRealist
03-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Nvrmnd.

ewing
03-16-2019, 09:49 PM

Even if you are right you arenít factoring in that he will be an elite defender. He will get burnt going for steals some but he will guard 5 spots, close as fast as anyone in the league, protect the rim, and get contested rebounds.

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 10:30 PM
If the Mavs land Zion I might commit a murder

What if the Lakers do?

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:07 PM
What if the Lakers do?

I donít care. LeBron will probably try to get him traded bc he canít share spot light and Iíll make fun of him. Whatever

SiteWolf
03-16-2019, 11:24 PM
kid's 18....6'6 may not be where he stops

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:34 PM
kid's 18....6'6 may not be where he stops

7 foot 500 pounds from the French alps...

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Is he really 285?

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 11:54 PM
I donít care. LeBron will probably try to get him traded bc he canít share spot light and Iíll make fun of him. Whatever

Good, should go to the Lakers if it will save a life :nod:

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:55 PM
Good, should go to the Lakers if it will save a life :nod:

Well played

GREATNESS ONE
03-16-2019, 11:57 PM
Is he really 285?

Heís 6í5/6í6 w/o shoes 280-285lbs, heís a remarkable talent Charles Barkley reincarnation/type... but heís 1 buffet away from
Being fat lol
Jk... if he has the drive he has tremendous Upside heading into his career.

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:58 PM
Seriously this kid influences the game in a lot ways other then scoring. He might get asked to score a little more then he is ready to when he comes in but man he is special

ewing
03-16-2019, 11:59 PM
Heís 6í5/6í6 w/o shoes 280-285lbs, heís a remarkable talent Charles Barkley reincarnation/type... but heís 1 buffet away from
Being fat lol
Jk... if he has the drive he has tremendous Upside heading into his career.

Its hard to believe. He is clearly huge but Shaq was like 290 something when he left LSU