PDA

View Full Version : All NBA Teams

tredigs
03-14-2019, 04:40 PM
We're down to the final stretch of play now, curious to who you guys have for All NBA: Embiid or Joker 1st Team? Kawhi or Lebron 2nd Team? Where do we slot AD?

Format for each team is:

Guard:
Guard:
Forward:
Forward:
Center:

Tg11
03-14-2019, 07:03 PM
All NBA

Guard: Curry
Guard: Westbrook
Forward: LeBron
Forward: Kawhi
Center: Embiid

More-Than-Most
03-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Jokic has a really good argument over embiid... it really depends on what you value... embiid is probably a much bigger difference maker on the floor but jokic is statistically better.... either is a fine choice really.

Harden and Giannis need to be all NBA team period.

tredigs
03-14-2019, 07:41 PM
All NBA

Guard: Westbrook
Forward: LeBron
Forward: Kawhi
Center: Embiid

Lol this feels trolly, but I like it. Would these actually be your choices over Harden, PG, Giannis, etc?

I personally think Curry, Harden and Giannis are the locks. With PG close behind.

Scoots
03-14-2019, 11:12 PM
Curry
Harden
Giannis
Kawhi
Jokic

But I'm not 100% on any of them.

valade16
03-15-2019, 12:30 PM
It seems that there is way more competition for Forwards than Guards.

Guards have Harden as a lock then Curry, Lillard, Kyrie, Westbrook all next in line and none are having a monstrous year.

Forward however you have Giannis, AD, Bron, KD, Kawhi, PG who all could conceivably have a case for 1st team.

I think the Centers are locked in as Jokic, Embiid and Gobert in some order.

kdspurman
03-15-2019, 01:05 PM
It seems that there is way more competition for Forwards than Guards.

Guards have Harden as a lock then Curry, Lillard, Kyrie, Westbrook all next in line and none are having a monstrous year.

Forward however you have Giannis, AD, Bron, KD, Kawhi, PG who all could conceivably have a case for 1st team.

I think the Centers are locked in as Jokic, Embiid and Gobert in some order.

I think Giannis is a lock there. Kawhi/Lebron/AD have all missed a good amt of time, and AD is now on a minutes restriction. PG might have the best case of them all IMO.

valade16
03-15-2019, 01:20 PM
I think Giannis is a lock there. Kawhi/Lebron/AD have all missed a good amt of time, and AD is now on a minutes restriction. PG might have the best case of them all IMO.

Yeah Harden and Giannis are locks IMO. My team would look like:

Guard: Harden
Forward: Giannis
Forward: PG
Center: Jokic

The more interesting debate to me is the second team. Should Embiid or Gobert be C? Who between Bron/Kawhi/AD/KD make the 2nd team? Who are even the 2 2nd team Guards? The only two that even come to mind are Kyrie and Lillard. Maybe Westbrook but his shooting has been doo doo.

tredigs
03-15-2019, 02:15 PM
Jrue Holiday or Middleton for 3rd Team guard maybe? Bron might be 3rd Team forward actually.

Chronz
03-15-2019, 02:28 PM
Jrue Holiday or Middleton for 3rd Team guard maybe? Bron might be 3rd Team guard actually.
I had a long write up but it got lost in the shuffle. I essentially moved Paul George to G to make way for the more talented forwards this year.

I go

Harden
George
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

Lillard
Curry
KD
Blake
Jokic

Kyrie
?????
Bron
Towns
Davis

Hard to think of that many standout guards but maybe RWB?

More-Than-Most
03-15-2019, 02:39 PM
I had a long write up but it got lost in the shuffle. I essentially moved Paul George to G to make way for the more talented forwards this year.

I go

Harden
George
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

Lillard
Curry
KD
Blake
Jokic

Kyrie
?????
Bron
Towns
Davis

This is exactly how my first and 2nd teams would be except i feel jokic should be first and embiid 2nd.

valade16
03-15-2019, 02:42 PM

I go

Harden
George
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

Lillard
Curry
KD
Blake
Jokic

Kyrie
?????
Bron
Towns
Davis

Towns as a Forward and not the C? You'd put Towns on over Gobert?

Hawkeye15
03-15-2019, 04:58 PM

why not shaft him off the all NBA team too?

I will say, Towns has been literally unstoppable offensively since Jan. Unfortunately, he isn't the best defender, his teammates suck, and injuries have literally killed the Wolves. Dude I haven't seen Covington play in 80 games cause of a bone bruise. Teague and Rose miss every other game, Jones missed time, and while I am all for Wiggins missing games, even he was out for a while. What a wasted year for the Wolves. But, not much different than most years I suppose.

Chronz
03-15-2019, 05:19 PM
This is exactly how my first and 2nd teams would be except i feel jokic should be first and embiid 2nd.
Part of my long, lost write up explained my thoughts on that. I would definitely have Jokic higher on my MVP ballot but I feel like after a certain amount of games, All-NBA is more about who the flat out better player is, rather than who got the most out of their team, although its admittedly a mixture.

Chronz
03-15-2019, 05:21 PM

Oh true, a better set up would be to move Davis to the forwards and have Gobert there.

Not really sure where Towns has gotten most of his minutes at, just figured he'd be a better positional swap cuz I figured AD was exclusively a C this year. But yeah, that would be the better set up

tredigs
03-16-2019, 12:53 AM

I go

Harden
George
Kawhi
Giannis
Embiid

Lillard
Curry
KD
Blake
Jokic

Kyrie
?????
Bron
Towns
Davis

Why find a way to sneak Kawhi to 1st Team? Doesn't deserve it, has missed games, and it's Curry's slot with Harden. Genuine question.

Heediot
03-16-2019, 07:19 AM
Curry-Harden-Giannis-PG-Jokic
Lillard-RWB-KD-Embiid (KL vs. AD, I don't know how injuries account for argument. AD better individual Stats, but KL plays on a team that has a solid record with him injured to boot). Kyrie vs. RWB good debate too.

Chronz
03-16-2019, 04:18 PM
Why find a way to sneak Kawhi to 1st Team? Doesn't deserve it, has missed games, and it's Curry's slot with Harden. Genuine question.
I'll admit some of that was due to the simplicity of not having to decide between Curry and Lillard this season, and the trinkle down effect it has on the rest of the list.

By that I mean, if I put one of Curry or Dame on 1st team that means I gotta put someone way less arguable at 2nd team on guard and it just messes up the whole alignment.

Kawhi at 50 aint too different from Curry at 56.

tredigs
03-16-2019, 05:38 PM
I'll admit some of that was due to the simplicity of not having to decide between Curry and Lillard this season, and the trinkle down effect it has on the rest of the list.

By that I mean, if I put one of Curry or Dame on 1st team that means I gotta put someone way less arguable at 2nd team on guard and it just messes up the whole alignment.

Kawhi at 50 aint too different from Curry at 56.

Gotcha, fair enough. Curry has been better but has missed some time.