PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Lebron James?

More-Than-Most
03-12-2019, 02:10 PM
I mean its insane to think about and would take a set of nuts but the lakers could honestly become insane with their core and what they would get back... The other thing they could do is if the knicks win the lottery to offer lebron to the knicks for zion.

More-Than-Most
03-12-2019, 02:11 PM
lol ewing dont kill me... we both know if the lakers offered the knicks lebron for the number 1 pick the knicks would do it.

WestCoastSportz
03-12-2019, 02:43 PM
lol ewing dont kill me... we both know if the lakers offered the knicks lebron for the number 1 pick the knicks would do it.

I'm not sure why they would do that. Zion Williamson will more than likely be that pick and he potentially can be the cornerstone of that franchise for the next 10 years. Why would you trade something like that for a guy who has a few years left of good basketball and is a malcontent? And lets face it. Lebron isn't going to be the Lebron we knew 10 years ago or even 5 years ago when he's 35 years old. No way the Knicks would do that deal.

They could draft Zion Williamson and they have enough to sign both Durant and Irving. A much better plan than trading all that for a Lebron James who couldn't even help the Lakers make the playoffs and the Lakers currently have a better roster than the Knicks.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 02:47 PM

If the Knicks land the #1 pick, no way in hell they trade it. If they fall to 2-3, then sure.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 02:49 PM
I would say no from simply a marketing standpoint, but the Lakers can suck and still make money hand over fist. The problem is, what value will you get back? leBron is still awesome, but what teams are willing to deal with him at this point? My guess is a lot I suppose, but I wouldn't want him unless my team already had a win now roster in place. LeBron costs people their jobs

YAALREADYKNO
03-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Nope. Lebron is still great. See what happens in the offseason and go from there

More-Than-Most
03-12-2019, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure why they would do that. Zion Williamson will more than likely be that pick and he potentially can be the cornerstone of that franchise for the next 10 years. Why would you trade something like that for a guy who has a few years left of good basketball and is a malcontent? And lets face it. Lebron isn't going to be the Lebron we knew 10 years ago or even 5 years ago when he's 35 years old. No way the Knicks would do that deal.

They could draft Zion Williamson and they have enough to sign both Durant and Irving. A much better plan than trading all that for a Lebron James who couldn't even help the Lakers make the playoffs and the Lakers currently have a better roster than the Knicks.

If the Knicks land the #1 pick, no way in hell they trade it. If they fall to 2-3, then sure.

are we forgetting the front office we are talking about right now? i wouldnt trade the number 1 pick for lebron either but the knicks thinking would be well **** me we got lebron and could get kd or kyrie and championship and they would be right to think that way

ewing
03-12-2019, 03:09 PM

I'd kill myself

More-Than-Most
03-12-2019, 03:09 PM
I'd kill myself

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 03:40 PM
I'd kill myself

ugh, yeah man, if the Wolves traded for James Harden, I would be done with them.

More-Than-Most
03-12-2019, 03:45 PM
ugh, yeah man, if the Wolves traded for James Harden, I would be done with them.

there are 2 guys id hate watching on my team and harden is def 1 of them... dude is great but i am not a fan of his basketball... the other would be draymond.

AntiG
03-12-2019, 04:11 PM
if the Knicks traded for Lebron, they'd still have enough cap space to sign Durant. That'd be worth giving up Zion.

ewing
03-12-2019, 04:23 PM
if the Knicks traded for Lebron, they'd still have enough cap space to sign Durant. That'd be worth giving up Zion.

Nice. Once the Liberty sale goes through we can bring Isiah back into the fold too

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Nice. Once the Liberty sale goes through we can bring Isiah back into the fold too

I HATE Zeke, but I think he gets a bad rap, when he was actually pretty damn good at drafting talent. It was all the other crap he stunk at.

ewing
03-12-2019, 04:33 PM
I HATE Zeke, but I think he gets a bad rap, when he was actually pretty damn good at drafting talent. It was all the other crap he stunk at.

Dude he signed Jerome James for 5 years

tredigs
03-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Lmfao at the notion of the Knicks or anyone trading 7 years of Zion for old *** self entitled Lebron who can't even take a WC team to the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Dude he signed Jerome James for 5 years

I said drafting.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 04:37 PM
Lmfao at the notion of the Knicks or anyone trading 7 years of Zion for old *** self entitled Lebron who can't even take a WC team to the playoffs.

I mean, had he not gotten hurt they would be a playoff team. But you know that. That roster is a joke man.

tredigs
03-12-2019, 04:43 PM
I mean, had he not gotten hurt they would be a playoff team. But you know that. That roster is a joke man.
Oh I don't agree. It was a possibility, but far from a guarantee (I had them in that 6-10 range preseason. Ie part of the dogfight teams to make it in). Have to realize that their toughest stretch of the season - by far - is this last 1/4th. These were when they were going to start dropping games in the seedings (fortunately for them now they can blame it on guys being sat, but their close is still brutal schedule wise). WITH LBJ on the court this year they still have a winning% below the Jazz btw (8 seed)..

ewing
03-12-2019, 04:43 PM
I said drafting.

true but he didn't get a bad rap b/c he wasn't a scout. He had other responsibilities and like you said he stunk at them

Hawkeye15
03-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Oh I don't agree. It was a possibility, but far from a guarantee (I had them in that 6-10 range preseason. Ie part of the dogfight teams to make it in). Have to realize that their toughest stretch of the season - by far - is this last 1/4th. These were when they were going to start dropping games in the seedings (fortunately for them now they can blame it on guys being sat, but their close is still brutal schedule wise). WITH LBJ on the court this year they still have a winning% below the Jazz btw (8 seed)..

well I aint fighting on behalf of LeBron, but I think a healthy LeBron and they were in. But, it doesn't matter now. He is well past the guy who can carry bad rosters.

tredigs
03-12-2019, 04:56 PM
well I aint fighting on behalf of LeBron, but I think a healthy LeBron and they were in. But, it doesn't matter now. He is well past the guy who can carry bad rosters.
I know but it's a decent theory that I think most people agree with. Just saying, again, they're objectively not a playoff team even with him playing (granted, would be an East 5 seed), and are in the midst of their toughest stretch (that gets no easier). Had this last 1/4th of the season schedule been in the first half, I am pretty damn confident people would have a different sentiment (as their record would very likely been quite a bit worse).

tredigs
03-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Anyway, to the underlying point, in no world is 35-37 yr old Bron getting traded for young Zion on a rookie deal with a likely 7-8 years with the franchise minimun.

GiantsSwaGG
03-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Dude has pretty much checked out and quit. Today confirmed when he let Super Mario out of all ppl block his shot and camaras caught him sitting at the end of the bench not even in then huddle. The Lakers are nowhere near playoff contenders, should they just trade LBJ?

TrueFan420
03-17-2019, 08:57 PM
He has a no trade clause. Heís in LA for his brand and other business ventures not b-ball. Lakers are stuck with him for 3 more years.

GREATNESS ONE
03-17-2019, 09:36 PM
what? he doesn't have a "no trade clause".... he does have a 15% trade kicker though... and noone wants Lebron but I'm sure 70% of our fan base will say yes to a trade.

TrueFan420
03-17-2019, 10:34 PM
what? he doesn't have a "no trade clause".... he does have a 15% trade kicker though... and noone wants Lebron but I'm sure 70% of our fan base will say yes to a trade.

I thought he did but Iíll take your word for it. That 15% trade kicker is basically a no trade clause anyway. No one is touching that contract. I would find it funny if they sent him to purgatory to finish his career. Maybe the Hornets.

Scoots
03-18-2019, 12:05 AM
Would anybody take him without the Lakers throwing in a 1st round pick or two?

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 12:42 AM
^Troll much :p

Does anyone have any realistic ideas? Or this just a bash fest and jabs :D

Redrum187
03-18-2019, 12:45 AM

Tim Hardaway Jr + Dwight Powell :D

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 01:04 AM
Tim Hardaway Jr + Dwight Powell :D

What up RR :nod:

More-Than-Most
03-18-2019, 05:21 AM
Would anybody take him without the Lakers throwing in a 1st round pick or two?

Yes the clippers/knicks/celtics and a few others once they lose out on free agents if we are being honest... The hate lebron gets is insane... He is still having an insane season and again the lakers were a top team when they were healthy... In no world would it cost a first to give up lebron.

cmellofan15
03-18-2019, 07:41 AM
No GM with half a brain would trade Lebron. but then again any GM with half a brain would have looked at all the success Lebron has had in the past and try to replicate it instead of signing a bunch of bums and sitting on overrated young assets.

Ultimately this is on Lebron tho. He could have tried to maneuver his way into a team with a proven front office like Houston, LAC, Philly, etc. but decided to join the clown show instead to build his brand.

Scoots
03-18-2019, 09:53 AM

I wasn't trolling.

Scoots
03-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Yes the clippers/knicks/celtics and a few others once they lose out on free agents if we are being honest... The hate lebron gets is insane... He is still having an insane season and again the lakers were a top team when they were healthy... In no world would it cost a first to give up lebron.

His contract and his "people" and playing a LeBron system and losing control of your team and the media storm around him. The negatives are pushing the positives hard enough that the Lakers can't trade him without including something else in return.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 11:11 AM
I wasn't trolling.

:rolleyes:

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Soooo no realistic ideas. You think the forum with all the Know-it-allís and geniuses would come up with something but nope nothing just a bunch of useless posts and bashing.

MygirlhatesCod
03-18-2019, 11:45 AM
trade him to Utah for Mitchel.

Lakers get a ball/Donovan combo and another opportunity to develop their youth the right way.

Utah becomes a legit contender

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 12:07 PM
trade him to Utah for Mitchel.

Lakers get a ball/Donovan combo and another opportunity to develop their youth the right way.

Utah becomes a legit contender

Do you think that realistic? Itís a interesting idea and first time I heard it...

MygirlhatesCod
03-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Do you think that realistic? Itís a interesting idea and first time I heard it...

id say favors would have to be added to make the money match and maybe a future first from lakers.

It legit gives Utah championship contention for at least three years.

GREATNESS ONE
03-18-2019, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure we would haave to give up a future pick... But that's actually a decent idea not sure if either team would do it though...

MygirlhatesCod
03-18-2019, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure we would haave to give up a future pick... But that's actually a decent idea not sure if either team would do it though...

maybe the pick is a bit extra.

it wont happen but both teams would make out like bandits.

ewing
03-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Of course. He is a tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vee-Rex
03-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Just happy we don't have to deal with the drama anymore. It was cool when our championship window was open, but that **** closed when Kyrie left.

You can't just throw anyone on a team with LeBron and expect it to be elite. You need smart players who can defend and shoot, and at least one other all-star/superstar on the team that can control the game and let LeBron be lazy for some time.

The window is slipping shut on LeBron - I think he has, AT BEST, 2 more years where he can be the best player on the team and still be a contender. I'm guessing one more year. If LA strikes out next free agency it's all over.

Scoots
03-18-2019, 06:37 PM

McAllen Tx
03-18-2019, 07:51 PM
When Houston comes up short again in the playoffs I can see them really interested in LBJ. Something like Capela, Gordon and a couple of future 1sts. I also think LBJ would be very open to the idea to play with Harden and CP3.

If Portland goes out early in the playoffs I think they can be interested as long as they keep Lillard. Something like McCollum and Nurkic.

I can see NO interested and I think they'll even give up their lottery pick. Something like Holiday and lottery pick for LBJ. They do it cause they will have both LBJ and AD for at least 2 years. LBJ isn't gonna let AD leave in 2020. Maybe 3 years if LBJ has been breaking down and he don't want to walk away for the fourth year $41 million.

If the Clippers strike out in free agency they would be very interested especially if they think LBJ is the key to getting AD in 2020.

If Ainge don't want to give up Tatum for AD and that closes that door he could be interested if he gets prior commitment from Irving to re-signing. Something like Horford and a couple of them 1st they got.

Pretty much all I can see. Don't see LBJ interested in any other teams cause of course even though he doesn't have a no trade clause he would have to be on board. No team will trade for a disgruntled LBJ.

JordansBulls
03-18-2019, 09:54 PM
Yes trade him. As soon as the guy went west he failed to make the playoffs. May have never made the playoffs if in the west his entire career.

Chronz
03-19-2019, 12:00 AM
Yes trade him. As soon as the guy went west he failed to make the playoffs. May have never made the playoffs if in the west his entire career.
Just like mj. Remember when mj missed most of the year but his team was still in playoff positioning for him

More-Than-Most
03-19-2019, 06:01 AM
Just like mj. Remember when mj missed most of the year but his team was still in playoff positioning for him

or when it took pippen to get MJ anywhere in the playoffs for that matter lol

ewing
03-19-2019, 04:15 PM
or when it took pippen to get MJ anywhere in the playoffs for that matter lol

Pippen was a terrible playoff performer. He was a heck of a defender a helped create pace but your OMG but the Bulls were so stacked narrative is off base. MJ really was that good. The league helped him to by legislating against the style of play that was most effective against the bulls but all in all the won all the time bc they had the best player ever

Redrum187
03-19-2019, 04:39 PM
Pippen was a terrible playoff performer. He was a heck of a defender a helped create pace but your OMG but the Bulls were so stacked narrative is off base. MJ really was that good. The league helped him to by legislating against the style of play that was most effective against the bulls but all in all the won all the time bc they had the best player ever

Hrmm, I'm not sure Pippen was a "terrible" playoff performer... He put up 20/8/6 in his first 3-peat and 18/7/5 in his second 3-peat(leading his team in VORP for 2 of those 3 postseasons). He did that while playing lockdown defense. That's pretty good if you ask me.

valade16
03-19-2019, 04:44 PM
When Houston comes up short again in the playoffs I can see them really interested in LBJ. Something like Capela, Gordon and a couple of future 1sts. I also think LBJ would be very open to the idea to play with Harden and CP3.

If Portland goes out early in the playoffs I think they can be interested as long as they keep Lillard. Something like McCollum and Nurkic.

I can see NO interested and I think they'll even give up their lottery pick. Something like Holiday and lottery pick for LBJ. They do it cause they will have both LBJ and AD for at least 2 years. LBJ isn't gonna let AD leave in 2020. Maybe 3 years if LBJ has been breaking down and he don't want to walk away for the fourth year $41 million.

If the Clippers strike out in free agency they would be very interested especially if they think LBJ is the key to getting AD in 2020.

If Ainge don't want to give up Tatum for AD and that closes that door he could be interested if he gets prior commitment from Irving to re-signing. Something like Horford and a couple of them 1st they got.

Pretty much all I can see. Don't see LBJ interested in any other teams cause of course even though he doesn't have a no trade clause he would have to be on board. No team will trade for a disgruntled LBJ.

If Portland loses in the first round again HC Stotts will be fired and they'll probably start retooling for a rebuild, with Lillard likely asking to play somewhere else once we start gutting the roster.

That being said, if we could get LeBron for the crazy low price people are floating in here, Portland should do that and go for an all-in run with Lillard before he wants out.

ewing
03-19-2019, 06:26 PM
Hrmm, I'm not sure Pippen was a "terrible" playoff performer... He put up 20/8/6 in his first 3-peat and 18/7/5 in his second 3-peat(leading his team in VORP for 2 of those 3 postseasons). He did that while playing lockdown defense. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Well you have successfully proven that VORP is a useless

Redrum187
03-20-2019, 12:30 AM
Well you have successfully proven that VORP is a useless

lol It's a decent stat, definitely not my fave. Still though, Pippen was quite good in the playoffs too. I hope someone as "terrible" as Pippen goes to/gets drafted by Dallas to help Luka Doncic win at least 6 championships. :P

ewing
03-20-2019, 09:47 AM
lol It's a decent stat, definitely not my fave. Still though, Pippen was quite good in the playoffs too. I hope someone as "terrible" as Pippen goes to/gets drafted by Dallas to help Luka Doncic win at least 6 championships. :P

He was a heck of a defender and helped Chicago get out on the break bc he was a very good ball handler from the forward spot. He never hit a clutch shot in his life and was an inefficient scorer in the post season despite being given any shot he wanted outside 15 feet. I should not of said he was a terrible playoff player but he was definitely disappointing

Tg11
03-20-2019, 10:24 AM
I would trade LeBron if I'm the Lakers because it is clear that the Lakers experiment is already failing

archdevil84
03-20-2019, 03:15 PM

he was literally guaranteed to make it in 2010 tho, they had prime shaq that year to carry them to the playoffs

ewing
03-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Id trade him for Zion in a heart beat

LakerClipperFan
03-24-2019, 07:14 PM
How so? LABron is making a ton of money for the franchise, he's great for business.

I would trade LeBron if I'm the Lakers because it is clear that the Lakers experiment is already failing

More-Than-Most
03-24-2019, 07:30 PM
How so? LABron is making a ton of money for the franchise, he's great for business.

the lakers make money nomatter who is there... lebron will add but not by much... here is from 2016

https://www.infoplease.com/us/basketball/top-grossing-nba-teams

lakers/knicks/bulls all stunk yet all 3 are at the top.... they also provide money for the lesser teams so lebron going there really doesnt help them as much as it probably helps the small market teams in all honesty

JordansBulls
03-24-2019, 10:28 PM

This. Lebron not making the playoffs out West as soon as he goes there with the winniest organization in NBA History after making the finals in the east speaks volumes. Having had to give his all to make the playoffs yearly would mean him in the East playoffs would never had happened.

JordansBulls
03-24-2019, 10:30 PM

I remember MJ playing for a losing franchise, not the winniest franchise in NBA History like Lebron is doing. And certainly not when many was considering him a top 3 player in the league at worst.

Lebron was also traded already.

July 10, 2010: Traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Miami Heat for a 2011 2nd round draft pick (Milan Macvan was later selected), a 2012 2nd round draft pick (Jae Crowder was later selected), a 2013 1st round draft pick (Nemanja Nedovic was later selected) and a 2016 1st round draft pick (Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot was later selected). Cleveland also received a trade exception from Miami. Cleveland had the option to swap 1st round draft picks with Miami in 2012 but did not do so.

valade16
03-25-2019, 12:17 PM
This. Lebron not making the playoffs out West as soon as he goes there with the winniest organization in NBA History after making the finals in the east speaks volumes. Having had to give his all to make the playoffs yearly would mean him in the East playoffs would never had happened.

The winningest franchise in NBA History that hadn't made the playoffs in 5 years before his arrival and hadn't won a Championship in 10?

What does how much the Lakers won 10 years ago have to do with how inept they are today?

Chronz
03-25-2019, 12:44 PM
I remember MJ playing for a losing franchise, not the winniest franchise in NBA History like Lebron is doing. And certainly not when many was considering him a top 3 player in the league at worst.

Lebron was also traded already.
I'd rather have that losing franchise considering they built a contender by ignoring what mj wanted. Meanwhile the Lakers are being run by 2 guys who are new to the job.

MJ knew better than to go west, prolly misses the playoffs and averages 19ppg there. What a *****, imagine if bron missed as much time as mj did that year, man the Lakers would have the best odds for the number 1 pick prolly

Chronz
03-25-2019, 12:44 PM
The winningest franchise in NBA History that hadn't made the playoffs in 5 years before his arrival and hadn't won a Championship in 10?

What does how much the Lakers won 10 years ago have to do with how inept they are today?
That's not how you reason with mjb