PDA

View Full Version : If you could have 1 of these 3 players right now who would it be?

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 07:36 AM
If you could have 1 of these 3 players right now as your cornerstone going forward over the next 6 years who would it be? You have the best all around player in the sport arguably in Giannis... The best shooter ever In Curry and the best young rookie in doncic... If you had to go forward with 1 guy who would it be?

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 07:39 AM
I put supermax in the title but didnt mean to... please ignore that

Driven
03-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Giannis. He's proven, and 24 years old. Could be 10 more years in his prime. Curry is 30. Doncic is only 4 years younger than Giannis.

Tg11
03-07-2019, 09:12 AM
As far as super max players or max players that I would want to build my franchise around the obvious answer is Giannis but Giannis is nothing more than a dunker and a scorer. Giannis is not a shooter because he can't shoot 3's but he does have a mid range game so I'll give him that at least. However, as for who I build around...it is Steph who is a proven winner. 3 titles to his name and one of the best 3 point shooters of all time.

tredigs
03-07-2019, 09:29 AM
So Luka 20-26, Giannis 25-31, or Curry 31-37?

Seems like a poorly thought out thread.

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 09:54 AM
So Luka 20-26, Giannis 25-31, or Curry 31-37?

Seems like a poorly thought out thread.

not at all... curry is still in his prime compared to the goat lebron who is still performing at a high level or durant who is the same age... if durant was there instead of curry everyone take durant for the next 5-6 years... you have the best shooter ever... the arguable best all around player and the best rookie we have seen in a while... see as how people have already chosen Curry it seems like there could be a legit argument... Personally Id take curry here over the next 5 years even if he is a meh defender because his shooting will be there where doncic is still a question mark and giannis still lacks a shot even though he is younger.

tredigs
03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
not at all... curry is still in his prime compared to the goat lebron who is still performing at a high level or durant who is the same age... if durant was there instead of curry everyone take durant for the next 5-6 years... you have the best shooter ever... the arguable best all around player and the best rookie we have seen in a while... see as how people have already chosen Curry it seems like there could be a legit argument... Personally Id take curry here over the next 5 years even if he is a meh defender because his shooting will be there where doncic is still a question mark and giannis still lacks a shot even though he is younger.
As usual you're clueless or trolling. Go ahead and make the "Giannis from 25-31" or "KD from 31-37" so I know whose bball takes to never take seriously (which would be less than 30% of voters mind you, but hilarious+fitting you think otherwise).

tredigs
03-07-2019, 10:12 AM
And in case this needs to be drilled home, Giannis is just now entering his prime/peak and does not need a great shot. He is effectively a point forward/center and incredibly efficient as is. He played an elite Boston D last year in the playoffs and could not be stopped. Now that he has an improved roster and an elite coach, teams are in serious trouble. You take that player over the next 6 years over everyone in the league, period. And I easily take Curry over Durant in the same time frame.

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 10:28 AM
And in case this needs to be drilled home, Giannis is just now entering his prime/peak and does not need a great shot. He is effectively a point forward/center and incredibly efficient as is. He played an elite Boston D last year in the playoffs and could not be stopped. Now that he has an improved roster and an elite coach, teams are in serious trouble. You take that player over the next 6 years over everyone in the league, period. And I easily take Curry over Durant in the same time frame.

i mean just 2 years ago everyone thought the same about AD well not me but he couldnt get his team over the hump and people are now starting to realize a big part of the problem is actually him... Giannis and AD are about the same age by the way. Giannis is a top player but i feel like Durant/Lebron/Curry/Harden are still better with Giannis being 5th ahead of embiid and others... I am not a curry fan but over the next 3-5 years he gives you the best chance at a championship outside of say a durant or harden.

TheDish87
03-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Lol Giannis isnt even close to being the best all around player.

TheDish87
03-07-2019, 10:29 AM

he lost...

Hawkeye15
03-07-2019, 10:38 AM
the way the question is framed, it's easily Giannis.

tredigs
03-07-2019, 10:39 AM
he lost...

They* lost. Barely. He now has a much better team (that won't see significant playoff minutes going to Thon Maker and Jabari Parker) and as big a coaching 180 as is possible. Rest assure, he and the Bucks are making a run this season. And very likely every season going forward.

@MTM, much more interesting question if you limited it to 3-4 years (and replace Donkic with KD and/or Harden, who again I am taking Curry over both).

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 10:43 AM
They* lost. Barely. He now has a much better team (that won't see significant playoff minutes going to Thon Maker and Jabari Parker) and as big a coaching 180 as is possible. Rest assure, he and the Bucks are making a run this season. And very likely every season going forward.

@MTM, much more interesting question if you limited it to 3-4 years (and replace Donkic with KD and/or Harden, who again I am easily taking Curry over both).

i would take curry over harden in a certain situation... no trolling... If I had to choose a guy to get me to the playoffs and make a run on an 8 seed it would be harden... if i had to choose a guy to be a thread on a stacked team it would be curry without a 2nd thought... but id take durant over these 2 without a 2nd thought.

As for the question i feel like people are really underrating the cap purposes which is why i stated to take away the supermax in the 2nd post... adding that was my bad. Giannis has the age where is curry has the shooting and duncic has the upside plus the rookie contract going forward.

tredigs
03-07-2019, 10:53 AM
i would take curry over harden in a certain situation... no trolling... If I had to choose a guy to get me to the playoffs and make a run on an 8 seed it would be harden... if i had to choose a guy to be a thread on a stacked team it would be curry without a 2nd thought... but id take durant over these 2 without a 2nd thought.

As for the question i feel like people are really underrating the cap purposes which is why i stated to take away the supermax in the 2nd post... adding that was my bad. Giannis has the age where is curry has the shooting and duncic has the upside plus the rookie contract going forward.

Well Curry is the one proven to take a team on his back to the highest/farthest level, and is still in his prime/peak, so that's my choice for the next few years.

You're still making it weird including Doncic if you're saying 5-6 years because while that finally gets to a point where he should be better than Curry, he is still unlikely to be better than prime Giannis, and will be costing 40 mil/year at that point as well. At that point you're asking too many hypothetical fantasy GM questions for his first 4 years. So I'll go back to my first post, "seems like a poorly thought out thread".

Anyway, decent waste of time. Off to work.

Chronz
03-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Lol, I love watching this personal spat, by far my favorite psd rivalry

Hawkeye15
03-07-2019, 04:00 PM
the only case for Luka here, is his contract allows additions more easily.

Ask this same question again in 5 years, and yes, Luka probably is the answer.

GREATNESS ONE
03-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Giannis
Doncic
Curry

in that order

Foles9MVP
03-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Giannis

Foles9MVP
03-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Giannis
Doncic
Curry

in that order

what's with the hate on Curry?

aman_13
03-07-2019, 07:03 PM
haha MTM man

GREATNESS ONE
03-07-2019, 07:23 PM
what's with the hate on Curry?

Nothing, just taking it as if that player is on my team now... if we get them at their start of their careers it's a whole different order/convo.

JAZZNC
03-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Absolutely haha!

Lil Rhody
03-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Trade the pick and take Fultz

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
03-07-2019, 08:50 PM
Trade the pick and take Fultz

the trade we will regret will be the magic trade... fultz will be better than tatum.

Lil Rhody
03-07-2019, 09:23 PM
the trade we will regret will be the magic trade... fultz will be better than tatum.You ready brahhhhh.........it's close....... I can smell it in the air........ Feel the intensity....... Playoffs are a comin

:)

Lil Rhody
03-07-2019, 09:29 PM
MTM Red is smoking them Philly's. If this goes down I'm going to mass buying legal green buying a pack of Philly's and gonna smoke dat *** just like red! I can't wait we better not get matched uphttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/b87b1c887514df3c4e09b087affdfe7e.jpg

tredigs
03-08-2019, 12:03 AM

I just love that MTM is mostly impenetrable to personal insults or brushes them off. He likely has real skin. He's also clueless as **** and super engaging so what's not to love?

Bostonjorge
03-08-2019, 02:26 AM
Curry’s game will age well. His game will die once he can’t shot 3’s anymore. At 37 he can still be the greatest shooter ever. Shooters have longer careers.

GREATNESS ONE
03-08-2019, 03:17 AM
Curry’s game will age well. His game will die once he can’t shot 3’s anymore. At 37 he can still be the greatest shooter ever. Shooters have longer careers.

His game will but his body won’t... at least not compared to Giannis or “Donkey Punch” Doncic....

Right now moving forward you take one of the other two.... I can see Curry aging to a role player 3pt player if needed but not sure he will last that long.

More-Than-Most
03-08-2019, 04:30 AM
I just love that MTM is mostly impenetrable to personal insults or brushes them off. He likely has real skin. He's also clueless as **** and super engaging so what's not to love?

id like to think of myself as sweet and endearing that comes off as annoying to the ahem less knowledgeable which is understandable in my opinion.... Id be pissed as well if someone was smarter then me and telling me how stupid I am :D

Scoots
03-08-2019, 11:17 AM
It depends on the team you have to add them too.

If it's a team ready to win now that needs shooting and leadership I'd take Curry.

If it's a team on the way up that needs a slasher I'd take Giannis.

If it's an empty roster or a very young roster I'd take Doncic.

zookman65
03-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Good god Curry's eFG% is 61% which mean a guy that regularly shoots from the next town has a higher effective FG percentage than Giannis whom takes more than half his shots from point blank (dunks). That is remarkable. Giannis eFG% is 59%

Storch
03-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Jason Tatum, obviously, he’s jesus.

Chronz
03-08-2019, 02:11 PM
You take Curry in any situation, I could build a contender with him within a year

GREATNESS ONE
03-08-2019, 02:16 PM
You take Curry in any situation, I could build a contender with him within a year

lol no.

GREATNESS ONE
03-08-2019, 02:16 PM

:nod: Yes.

JAZZNC
03-08-2019, 02:31 PM
lol no.

Add Curry to any relevant roster and they are championship material. Even teams with All-Star PGs would be better. How bout Curry in Utah, imagine a Harden/Curry backcourt, OKC with Curry/George, Portland would be better, Boston, Philly, etc.

I think Giannis is incredible and would most certainly make any team better but the pressure Curry can put on a defense from anywhere can't be overstated

Hawkeye15
03-08-2019, 03:46 PM

for the next 6 years? Eh. He will age great offensively, but he will be a liability defensively soon enough. Giannis is too good to pass up in this equation, considering it's for the next handful of years. And how much money will Curry be making at 35?

Hawkeye15
03-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Add Curry to any relevant roster and they are championship material. Even teams with All-Star PGs would be better. How bout Curry in Utah, imagine a Harden/Curry backcourt, OKC with Curry/George, Portland would be better, Boston, Philly, etc.

I think Giannis is incredible and would most certainly make any team better but the pressure Curry can put on a defense from anywhere can't be overstated

I think if the question was for the next 3 years, yes, Curry is the answer.

GREATNESS ONE
03-08-2019, 05:04 PM

meeehhhh I would still take him last because his contract and age...

zookman65
03-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Being facetious correct? Doncic way better than Tatum and will be for the next decade

Chronz
03-09-2019, 11:45 AM
for the next 6 years? Eh. He will age great offensively, but he will be a liability defensively soon enough. Giannis is too good to pass up in this equation, considering it's for the next handful of years. And how much money will Curry be making at 35?

Yes. I'll take not winning the final the final year or 2 if it gives me the dominant team I could build.

Raps08-09 Champ
03-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Giannis easily. Curry for 6 years will be tough even though he should age well.

ewing
03-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Westbrook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tredigs
03-10-2019, 12:24 AM
Westbrook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shh. Back to sleep. Back to sleep. That's my guy... :pillow propped:, atta guy.

More-Than-Most
03-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Giannis easily. Curry for 6 years will be tough even though he should age well.

Giannis cant shoot and hasnt made it out of the first round ever... Playoffs seem to work against him when he cant just rely on bad teams to win games. This year he has the help... more help than most and out of the first round is easy but if he doesnt make the finals with the help he has and the player people think he is we need to reevaluate him like we have AD... Which i have stated all along with AD as well.

Fun note who do you think has a better record without their star in the bucks and sixers? When Giannis is out the bucks win... When Embiid is out the sixers lose while having 3 all stars. Value matters bruh